Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-01-2006, 10:01 AM   #1351
hoopsguy
General Manager

The problem with your "three times in the limelight" is that you misrepresented the urchin information to isolate a prostitute. You were wrong on Alan (can certainly agree there were mitigating circumstances). So two of the three that you cite are not casting you in the best of lights.

The Mr Wednesday trust is the strongest argument for you as a good guy right now in my eyes. And I consider it a pretty important piece of information. Without that I would be significantly more skeptical of anything you had to say at this point in the game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:23 AM   #1352
Blade6119
Coordinator

Hoops, if i was a bad guy i would make this claim about someone on my dis-trust list. Saldana has been on my trust list most of the game. When i went after alan it was he who supported my claims about the bidding proccess. He would make an odd choice if i was evil and trying to frame him
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:24 AM   #1353
path12
Coordinator

I'm way behind. Catching up now.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:25 AM   #1354
Blade6119
Coordinator

Dola, if anyone remembers(well, i guess alan would and i just got him killed) this similar events happened in the football WW game. On day 2 i made a mistake, but on night 2 i blocked a bad guy, grammat, and learned who he was. Day 3 i came out, and then later he fake revealed back and people trusted him over me. Dont let it happen again.

Lsg, you were there(and voted with grammat)...dont be mistaken twice
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #1355
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
And the whole rounders thing is just plain strange. Could just be CR's idea of a joke, which is what I think it is, as I'm at a loss to understand how it relates to the game in any fashion.

Considering that my vision was several large women dancing around me singing "Deck the Halls" and leaving me oddly aroused, I'm going to assume that the rounders vision doesn't have any relation to the game.

And frankly, I think I would have preferred Alan's vision.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:47 AM   #1356
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

well this is great. i forgot to go to the opium den last night. i could have sworn i sent CR a message. ohh well i have some money saved up for the next 2 nights then.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:57 AM   #1357
Izulde
Head Coach

I'll follow Blade's lead tonight. If he's wrong twice, then we can go after him tomorrow night.

VOTE SALDANA

NO LYNCH SWAGGS

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:06 AM   #1358
Lorena
Unregistered

Am I the only person that got robbed? Why am I being targeted so damn much?

I think I know what role Blade is playing; I'm curious to see what saldana says.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:08 AM   #1359
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
The problem with your "three times in the limelight" is that you misrepresented the urchin information to isolate a prostitute. You were wrong on Alan (can certainly agree there were mitigating circumstances). So two of the three that you cite are not casting you in the best of lights.

The Mr Wednesday trust is the strongest argument for you as a good guy right now in my eyes. And I consider it a pretty important piece of information. Without that I would be significantly more skeptical of anything you had to say at this point in the game.
Hoops I'd hold his being wrong against him more, were it not for the fact that Blade likes being the center of the game in EVERY game he plays, no matter his role. And to do that he has to play, sometimes, like he has this game.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:09 AM   #1360
path12
Coordinator

Interesting. Blade, sometimes you make me feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. I want to wait until I hear from Saldana before voting.

Izulde, were you prevented from commenting yesterday while in jail or just prevented from voting?

I was at home last night due to lack of funds, so have no useful information to provide there.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:28 AM   #1361
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Interesting. Blade, sometimes you make me feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. I want to wait until I hear from Saldana before voting.

Izulde, were you prevented from commenting yesterday while in jail or just prevented from voting?

I was at home last night due to lack of funds, so have no useful information to provide there.

From voting for sure. From commenting, I'm not certain, but I'm being blizzarded in by reading I slacked off all semester on and a minimum 8 page paper to write on it, so yeah, it's not going to be the most fun weekend for me.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:41 AM   #1362
saldana
Pro Starter

ok, i have no idea what Blade is on about. I am not Mr Hyde. I did not go out last night for the same reason i stated earlier...of all the kills, only the WW has been able to come into someones house....everyone knows my history of dying early, so i thought a little bit of hiding would keep me alive for more than a day or two

i did hire the urchin, and asked him to follow blade, i wanted to be sure he is who i think he is, considering his history of fake reveals...that is the real reason why my first post of the day was promoting some restraint on voting for him, i was waiting for my results

unfortunately, i didnt get any results because the urchin was killed before he could report back to me, so no, i will not be trying to accuse you blade, in fact, i wont be voting for you at all, despite your push against me, because i am relatively certain i know your role, and i believe you are a valuable good guy...i have no idea what you are on about regarding me, all i can say in my defense is perhaps you didnt see the person you believe to be me clearly because of the fog?

the only point i can make to try and defend myself is, if i were Mr Hyde, with the belief i have about blade's role, why would i not have gone after blade?

i honestly dont know how to defend myself against this
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:43 AM   #1363
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, i guess it is unfortunate for me that only Izulde is on the board while i am on lunch...i will be here until about 1:20 est, if anyone wants to talk about this instead of just following blade.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:47 AM   #1364
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, it is pretty hard to ask questions about Blade's story when he has not published the story. I'm around and up for any kind of discussion you want at this time.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:49 AM   #1365
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Saldana, it is pretty hard to ask questions about Blade's story when he has not published the story. I'm around and up for any kind of discussion you want at this time.

i would love to discuss, i am a little disappointed that so many people are ready to vote for me just because blade says so...he hasnt given anything against me, and i have been nothing but straightforward all game long...i really am at a loss for any means of defending myself, because i havent been doing anything on purpose to try and not get myself killed
Old 12-01-2006, 11:50 AM   #1366
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, just to confirm your story - you were home last night? You spent money on an urchin who was killed, so no information to provide?
Old 12-01-2006, 11:51 AM   #1367
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, what role do you think Blade has and why?
Old 12-01-2006, 11:56 AM   #1368
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

no time to do anything now but will pop on in like 5 hours or so
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:58 AM   #1369
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i would love to discuss, i am a little disappointed that so many people are ready to vote for me just because blade says so...he hasnt given anything against me, and i have been nothing but straightforward all game long...i really am at a loss for any means of defending myself, because i havent been doing anything on purpose to try and not get myself killed

sal, to be fair, most times someone comes out after night actions saying he has some sort of proof that they've spotted a bad guy, it will get attention.

I actually think there hasn't been as big a jump as usual because of what happened with Barkeep and Alan with regard to Blade earlier. Personally, I want to hear more about what he has to say about this and also give you a chance to respond before deciding. But I do think that Blade is on the side of good, I'm just wondering about the accuracy of some of what he gets as far as information goes.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:03 PM   #1370
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Saldana, just to confirm your story - you were home last night? You spent money on an urchin who was killed, so no information to provide?

yes, i put in a bid for the urchin, paying him to follow blade, this morning i got a pm saying my money was not returned, but i also did not have a message

Quote:
Saldana, what role do you think Blade has and why?

i dont think i can point to any specific evidence, but i am pretty sure he lives in an upstairs apartment (i would rather not be more specific, hopefully you get my drift)
Old 12-01-2006, 12:03 PM   #1371
hoopsguy
General Manager

OOG - Saldana, please let me know when you are heading out. I'm holding off on shoveling snow outside to finish chatting with you right now
Old 12-01-2006, 12:04 PM   #1372
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
OOG - Saldana, please let me know when you are heading out. I'm holding off on shoveling snow outside to finish chatting with you right now

sorry, i had actually typed a rather long response to you, and then the board cut out and i lost it, so you got the short version above...my break is over at 1:20 board time
Old 12-01-2006, 12:07 PM   #1373
saldana
Pro Starter

it is unfortunate for me that there is no way to verify that i bought the urchin yesterday.

1. it was pretty much a given fact that schmitdy was the urchin

2. it is rather obvious that mr. hyde killed him

3. if i am mr. hyde like blade says i am, it would have to be the dumbest move in the history of WW for me to then go out and kill the same person i just paid almost all my money to
Old 12-01-2006, 12:07 PM   #1374
Lorena
Unregistered

saldana, for what it's worth, I still don't know who to vote for, I wanna hear what others have to say at this point. I'm actually a bit surprised that so many people stayed home and hardly anything happened last night. If everyone is earning and spending money like I have, there's still a little bit of money left over for possibly 1 more night action. Any information is good information and wouldn't wanna die knowing that I had money left over that could possibly help.

No more opium den for me, I figured maybe if I try it I would get some sort of vision in my drugged state, but nope, just crazy ass dreams.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:09 PM   #1375
saldana
Pro Starter

and since i dont think blade is lying, merely that he is mistaken either because of the fog or some other mechanic

vote lynch swaggs
Old 12-01-2006, 12:09 PM   #1376
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
it is unfortunate for me that there is no way to verify that i bought the urchin yesterday.

1. it was pretty much a given fact that schmitdy was the urchin

2. it is rather obvious that mr. hyde killed him

3. if i am mr. hyde like blade says i am, it would have to be the dumbest move in the history of WW for me to then go out and kill the same person i just paid almost all my money to
Except that perhaps Jekyl and Hyde doesn't have complete control over who he kills. I mean that's kind of the whole idea, isn't it?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:10 PM   #1377
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, I am pretty sure I catch the reference you are making but I'm wondering if you have seen anything in the game (night PMs) to lead you down this path or if you are just speculating based on his play?
Old 12-01-2006, 12:14 PM   #1378
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
saldana, for what it's worth, I still don't know who to vote for, I wanna hear what others have to say at this point. I'm actually a bit surprised that so many people stayed home and hardly anything happened last night. If everyone is earning and spending money like I have, there's still a little bit of money left over for possibly 1 more night action.

The way I figure it (if we all started with the same amts and earn equal amts) there's enough money for three 5 shilling actions in four nights barring robbery. That's how it worked for me, not enough to do anything last night, but tonight is party time, baby!!
Old 12-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #1379
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Except that perhaps Jekyl and Hyde doesn't have complete control over who he kills. I mean that's kind of the whole idea, isn't it?

That never crossed my mind for some reason. I find that very interesting. Who was the speculation about for J/H's first kill?
Old 12-01-2006, 12:16 PM   #1380
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

i have no idea....depends on how CR decides to write the character...i know that the character as it seems to be playing out in this game(brutish strength, ability to visciously kill people) is not the way that the Hyde character was originally writen in literature....iirc, the hyde persona is actually smaller than the jekyll one, so it could be you are right.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:16 PM   #1381
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hyde randomly killing someone in his district would make sense to me.

For Blade to have information about both Saldana and Swaggs last night I would expect that Blade went to visit Swaggs last night, who lived in the same section of town as Hyde visited. If Schmidty's role is the one that obtains the information (potentially Schmidty and Jonathan could have both had these roles) rather than the urchin being an out-of-game role then Blade and Saldana both being in the same area all starts to make sense.

Of course, the odds of Swaggs being in the same district that Saldana decides to visit (the variables in play in the above assumption) are only 1 in 16. I usually don't like to gamble with odds that long in werewolf, even if it would make the pieces fall into place nicely.

Plus Saldana would have to assume that no one besides potentially Blade would have seen him to take the approach of saying he was home last night instead of challenging Blade directly. Chances of this being the case are better due to fog and the reduced number of players in the game, but still seems a little risky.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:16 PM   #1382
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Saldana, I am pretty sure I catch the reference you are making but I'm wondering if you have seen anything in the game (night PMs) to lead you down this path or if you are just speculating based on his play?

speculating based on his play.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:18 PM   #1383
saldana
Pro Starter

hoops, schmidty and Jonathan definitely had the same role...JE was the artful dodger, and Schmidty was Oliver Twist, according to post 1
Old 12-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #1384
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
That never crossed my mind for some reason. I find that very interesting. Who was the speculation about for J/H's first kill?

i think we decided he killed brianD
Old 12-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #1385
saldana
Pro Starter

hoops and all, thanks for hanging around for me...i have to get back to work....i will be back on around 5:30/6
Old 12-01-2006, 12:22 PM   #1386
hoopsguy
General Manager

I recognize that both were urchins, but the question is if they were actually having their actions driven by the bidding of others or if the urchins people pay for were out-of-game constructs to collect information.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:27 PM   #1387
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Huge news everyone. Last night I saw the second moon of Dune with a hand hoovering over it. And I kept hearing a voice saying "The Spice!, The Spice!, The Spice." over and over again. Then I saw Chana and I was in absolute awe of how hot she used to be. And just when nothing could get any better Moadib! The Mother F'n Sleeper Awakened!

Needless to say at this point I come out of my drug induced trance completely confused and walk home. What a weird night.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:30 PM   #1388
Swaggs
Coordinator

Catching up...
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:31 PM   #1389
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Okay guys, I haven't read through this thread yet but my pm said that on my way out to visit a prostitute I saw Swaggs get killed. I also got a glimse of the killer. It was saldana. It upset me so much i went right back to my house and stayed there the rest of the night.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:31 PM   #1390
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Swaggs, do you know who can vouch for you, or do you just know somebody can?

I think two people learned things about me and they seemed to come away from the conversation with a good impression. I'm not sure if both know of one another, though.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:32 PM   #1391
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Can swaggs talk? I dont think izulde could while in prison, so i wouldnt expect swaggs to be able to either

I can talk.

I cannot vote or carry out night actions.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #1392
Lorena
Unregistered

Some people are of the belief that dreams actually mean something. I wonder if our weird, drug induced dreams are actually symbols for something. I dreamt of knocking down London Bridge and saw a huge wave about to hit London.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:35 PM   #1393
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
The person i interacted with last night is now in prison, and im not sure if he can talk in my defense or not. You saw me on night 2 interact with schmidty, and he turned up good. So you can assume i wasnt converting him. Therefore, when i say swaggs is good and saldana bad, you should prob. trust me.

I can vouch for Blade visiting me last night at the opium den.

Blade, without naming names, were you aware of anyone else questioning me last night?
Old 12-01-2006, 12:36 PM   #1394
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Okay guys, I haven't read through this thread yet but my pm said that on my way out to visit a prostitute I saw Swaggs get killed. I also got a glimse of the killer. It was saldana. It upset me so much i went right back to my house and stayed there the rest of the night.

Swaggs is in jail LSG
Old 12-01-2006, 12:36 PM   #1395
hoopsguy
General Manager

Two people, with no clear ties, pointing at Saldana. It suddenly got a lot harder to give Saldana any benefit of the doubt.

Swaggs, can you confirm if Blade was one of the people that learned about you last night?
Old 12-01-2006, 12:41 PM   #1396
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

With two people now damning Saldana that vote is clear.

VOTE SALDANA
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:42 PM   #1397
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Sorry... I ment Schmidty. I got my S names confused in a hurry to rush. It was very foggy last night and on my way out I heard a strange noise. I looked and saw a figure who appeared to be saldana.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:42 PM   #1398
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

vote saldana

guess i should vote :-P
Old 12-01-2006, 12:43 PM   #1399
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Hyde randomly killing someone in his district would make sense to me.

For Blade to have information about both Saldana and Swaggs last night I would expect that Blade went to visit Swaggs last night, who lived in the same section of town as Hyde visited. If Schmidty's role is the one that obtains the information (potentially Schmidty and Jonathan could have both had these roles) rather than the urchin being an out-of-game role then Blade and Saldana both being in the same area all starts to make sense.

Of course, the odds of Swaggs being in the same district that Saldana decides to visit (the variables in play in the above assumption) are only 1 in 16. I usually don't like to gamble with odds that long in werewolf, even if it would make the pieces fall into place nicely.

Plus Saldana would have to assume that no one besides potentially Blade would have seen him to take the approach of saying he was home last night instead of challenging Blade directly. Chances of this being the case are better due to fog and the reduced number of players in the game, but still seems a little risky.

I was in the opium den when Blade visited me. My flat is on Whitechapel Road in Whitechapel.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:43 PM   #1400
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I can vouch for Blade visiting me last night at the opium den.

Blade, without naming names, were you aware of anyone else questioning me last night?
Thats a line of thought better left another time, please trust me in that.
Demotivation