Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-21-2006, 02:27 PM   #1351
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hmm. So I'm wondering if it makes sense TO test CW's supposed scan. This assumes he's not already a shitface.

If we agree to basically test whoever CW scans each day the shitfaces have no incentive to target CW since if we ever found him lying we would then test him with the second testing.

Now some sort of other situation would come up, but essentially it would allow us to clear 2 people each day with 1 test, or else indite 2 people.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:29 PM   #1352
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok thinking about this further, it doesn't neceassarily mean we would know CW was a shitface, as he could turn over a shitface even if he was one, BUT it would keep him honest which in and of itself is useful.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:46 PM   #1353
Blade6119
Coordinator

No, because the second we do that and announce it at all, they will avoid CW and likely scans like the plauge
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:48 PM   #1354
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
No, because the second we do that and announce it at all, they will avoid CW and likely scans like the plauge
What do you mean likely scans? CW could pick the name out of a fucking hat for that matter.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:48 PM   #1355
hoopsguy
General Manager

In regards to the player list, I had put it up last night to try and remind CW of what facts we have compiled as he was working through his decision on who to view.

I don't think it is the best way to present the data, because of the diminshing value of information, but I do think that it is nice to have a record of what has happened. Particularly as the game stretches out ... we have already been playing this over a week and we are only on Day 4.

I'll mess around with this over the weekend to try and come up with a way of representing it that accounts for risk.

In terms of testing the guy that CW points to:
1.) absolutely if he says someone is a Thing. Because one of those two is
2.) not so sure if he says someone is clean. I don't think we necessarily absolve the guy because CW says he is clean, but automatically testing the guy allows the Things to try and take advantage of our play. For starters, it incents them to convert CW and have him declare a new person "clean" every night.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:50 PM   #1356
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
In regards to the player list, I had put it up last night to try and remind CW of what facts we have compiled as he was working through his decision on who to view.

I don't think it is the best way to present the data, because of the diminshing value of information, but I do think that it is nice to have a record of what has happened. Particularly as the game stretches out ... we have already been playing this over a week and we are only on Day 4.

I'll mess around with this over the weekend to try and come up with a way of representing it that accounts for risk.

In terms of testing the guy that CW points to:
1.) absolutely if he says someone is a Thing. Because one of those two is
2.) not so sure if he says someone is clean. I don't think we necessarily absolve the guy because CW says he is clean, but automatically testing the guy allows the Things to try and take advantage of our play. For starters, it incents them to convert CW and have him declare a new person "clean" every night.
Basically that post said nothing...no joke
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:52 PM   #1357
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Tell me we're not gonna go through this shit again.

I was not converted last night. Trust me today. Just once. Pretty please.
I'm sorry that more didn't believe you. It was quite frustrating yesterday. The fact was that no one came up with a truly viable scenario that said you and I were Things. That being said, isn't what you wrote what you would write had you been converted?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:53 PM   #1358
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Basically that post said nothing...no joke
Are you really serious?
Old 04-21-2006, 02:54 PM   #1359
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
This kills the theory for me. If I recall correctly, Barkeep pretty well made his intentions clear from the outset that he was killing someone the first night and then he killed someone the first night.

It would take pure, 100% brass balls to pull off that kind of action when there is like a 95% chance that there is another hunter still alive.
Actually i highly disagree...the odds of their being another hunter were quite slim. Its not a role you often find in WW. Now, the way they were written up makes me think he killed a thing, regardless of what he was(thing on thing crime would be hilarious). But i think 95% is more like 15-20%
Demotivation
Old 04-21-2006, 02:55 PM   #1360
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I'm sorry that more didn't believe you. It was quite frustrating yesterday. The fact was that no one came up with a truly viable scenario that said you and I were Things. That being said, isn't what you wrote what you would write had you been converted?
Are you serious? RA, my friend, are you on crack? Our scenarios made far more sense then anything you could come up with...hence why CW got tested...not becuase we couldnt think of a reason
Demotivation
Old 04-21-2006, 02:56 PM   #1361
path12
Coordinator

Personally, I'm thinking it's likely (but for sure not certain) that CW was not converted last night -- I don't see how that's a percentage play for the things since nobody knows if there's a bodyguard around, because if one is it's likely they were guarding him last night (or they should have been). That said, I'm leaning 75% that Cronin is clean for now.

Though as was brought up yesterday, I guess he could have been converted after CW's scan, right? Shit.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:57 PM   #1362
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Are you really serious?
Dead serious...he says first the list he made that swaggs improved was just to help barkeep(yay), talks about how long this game is, then about CW says test him if he comes up dirty, but dont not test if he says clean...but dont test him, but dont not test him...very nothingy(word?)
Demotivation
Old 04-21-2006, 02:57 PM   #1363
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Are you serious? RA, my friend, are you on crack? Our scenarios made far more sense then anything you could come up with...hence why CW got tested...not becuase we couldnt think of a reason
Maybe I am on crack.

No, I think that perhaps my viewpoint was biased because I know I'm a scientist. I did get you to admit you were wrong yesterday, though, so my work here is done.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:58 PM   #1364
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Blade's right. As I mentioned late yesterday a couple of times, I was more than willing to switch if there had been another logical candidate. There was not a better theory out there that I could buy into except the Cronin one, but that was too late for my vote.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:58 PM   #1365
WVUFAN
College Starter

They won't go after CW -- they'll go after someone less conspicious.

VOTE ANXIETY

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:58 PM   #1366
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually i highly disagree...the odds of their being another hunter were quite slim. Its not a role you often find in WW. Now, the way they were written up makes me think he killed a thing, regardless of what he was(thing on thing crime would be hilarious). But i think 95% is more like 15-20%
Now we know it didn't happen but fuck man don't you think if I were a shitface that I would be worried about scanning? And that role we fucking expect to be in the game. But then again I had nothing to fucking fear.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:59 PM   #1367
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN

VOTE ANXIETY
Oh you mean like you?
Old 04-21-2006, 02:59 PM   #1368
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Dead serious...he says first the list he made that swaggs improved was just to help barkeep(yay), talks about how long this game is, then about CW says test him if he comes up dirty, but dont not test if he says clean...but dont test him, but dont not test him...very nothingy(word?)
I don't think he said anything of that sort.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:00 PM   #1369
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Now we know it didn't happen but fuck man don't you think if I were a shitface that I would be worried about scanning? And that role we fucking expect to be in the game. But then again I had nothing to fucking fear.
And still don't for that matter.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:00 PM   #1370
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Shit bro, i just cant fucking decide. Like fuck man...You wouldnt show you were worried if you were a shitface...so fuck if i fucking know, you fucking get what the hell im trying to say with this shit?

See, i can play along too bk
Demotivation
Old 04-21-2006, 03:02 PM   #1371
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Oh you mean like you?

If you feel that way, you should vote to test me. Again, if you want to waste a vote, I'm fine with being tested.

However, I've not been conspicious this game.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:06 PM   #1372
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
If you feel that way, you should vote to test me. Again, if you want to waste a vote, I'm fine with being tested.

Right. You wanted someone who was UTR like Anxiety. And I'm saying the guy who doesn't fucking vote for two days seems pretty UTR to me. Just saying yo.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:06 PM   #1373
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
To be honest, thats the exact reason i suspect you but havent acted. Normally you are dead quiet and contribute about as much as you posted...this game, after the early absence, you have been a rather integral part of the game. Im not sure if i should celebrate your coming out party, or fear your change in character.
Demotivation
Old 04-21-2006, 03:07 PM   #1374
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Swaggs do you think there's an original shitface out there? Cause I don't see how at this point the chart does any good if we're looking for a convert. Now if you think there's an original out there it's suddenly very useful.

I am leaning towards them beginning with just two guys because that makes more sense from a balance standpoint. Realistically, we got crazyass lucky killing two in the first two days. I think the chart is useful because it tracks what we knew at certain snapshots in the game, it allows us to not forget the quiet players, and, most importantly, if we see a dramatic change in persona, we can track some things.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:07 PM   #1375
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Right. You wanted someone who was UTR like Anxiety. And I'm saying the guy who doesn't fucking vote for two days seems pretty UTR to me. Just saying yo.
Yo, i disagree...under the radar is someone like anxiety or swaggs...who votes, but is quiet...not voting twice in a row puts you on peoples radar.

Tell me without looking who swaggs voted for two days ago...but you can tell me who WVU didnt vote for...
Demotivation
Old 04-21-2006, 03:09 PM   #1376
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

You highly disagree with me or with Anxiety?
Old 04-21-2006, 03:10 PM   #1377
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
You highly disagree with me or with Anxiety?
Whoever said they it would take balls of steel
Demotivation
Old 04-21-2006, 03:11 PM   #1378
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Yo, i disagree...under the radar is someone like anxiety or swaggs...who votes, but is quiet...not voting twice in a row puts you on peoples radar.

Tell me without looking who swaggs voted for two days ago...but you can tell me who WVU didnt vote for...
I can tell you who who anxiety didn't vote for too but I get your point.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:12 PM   #1379
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Listen cumguzzler you want a peek at my balls of steel? Cause they're there and they're as shiny as the look on of a boy's face on prom night.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 04-21-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:13 PM   #1380
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

Well, I think you are wrong then. If Barkeep pretends to be the hunter when he is not, and there is a real hunter, then he is nailed. I don't see any two ways about that. If I were the hunter and someone else claimed my role, I would kill his ass that night, since I knew he was lying.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:15 PM   #1381
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Listen cumguzzler you want a peek at my balls of steel? Cause they're there and they're as shiny as the look on of a boy's face on prom night.
Ummm, im not quite sure why your soo apt to show another dude your balls, but i think its high time i started locking my door at night. I doubt you killed qwik, you prob. started molesting him and he blew himself up since that would be better. Sick fuck

Demotivation
Old 04-21-2006, 03:17 PM   #1382
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, I think you are wrong then. If Barkeep pretends to be the hunter when he is not, and there is a real hunter, then he is nailed. I don't see any two ways about that. If I were the hunter and someone else claimed my role, I would kill his ass that night, since I knew he was lying.
We could have more then 1 hunter(it has happened before), its likely to me that there would be no hunters(so if he was lying no one would know), and you would assume their might be different variations of your role.

Now barkeep never told us what his role was called(which worries me) since CW did and both did role reveals. Its worth watching if you ask me. But so is any veteran player, including myself
Demotivation
Old 04-21-2006, 03:17 PM   #1383
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, scratch veteran...pretty much anyone could screw us right now
Demotivation
Old 04-21-2006, 03:19 PM   #1384
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
We could have more then 1 hunter(it has happened before), its likely to me that there would be no hunters(so if he was lying no one would know), and you would assume their might be different variations of your role.

Now barkeep never told us what his role was called(which worries me) since CW did and both did role reveals. Its worth watching if you ask me. But so is any veteran player, including myself
I say it fulls under the fucking no PM reveal protocol. I'm just trying to play by the motherfucking rules.

Schmidty: are people allowed to reveal the name of their role without violating your no PM discussion rule?
Old 04-21-2006, 03:20 PM   #1385
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

VOTE ANXIETY

My first vote. I feel like part of the group now. Thanks WVUFan!!! I figured you just wanted to vote for a fellow alum and all.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:21 PM   #1386
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I say it fulls under the fucking no PM reveal protocol. I'm just trying to play by the motherfucking rules.

Schmidty: are people allowed to reveal the name of their role without violating your no PM discussion rule?
If not, then CW needs to go back and edit his. Just wondering, as one player put it out there and schmidty made no mention.
Demotivation
Old 04-21-2006, 03:22 PM   #1387
Blade6119
Coordinator

Anywho, who makes the best conversion target last night if you assume CW is protected. Id say raiders or a quiet player. They now can start looking numbers if you ask me, so i say we follow. Any thoughts?
Demotivation
Old 04-21-2006, 03:22 PM   #1388
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
the odds of their being another hunter were quite slim. Its not a role you often find in WW.

Quote:

I guess if you throw enough shit against the wall, some of it is bound to stick.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:24 PM   #1389
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I guess if you throw enough shit against the wall, some of it is bound to stick.
You know, thats actually a rather true statement ive found. But hey, if you want to attack play styles im happy to oblige and begin a flame war. You should know that by now
Demotivation
Old 04-21-2006, 03:25 PM   #1390
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
If not, then CW needs to go back and edit his. Just wondering, as one player put it out there and schmidty made no mention.
Honestly how useful was his role reveal to you? I mean it seems like a stupid thing to get hung up on.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:26 PM   #1391
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

If I were a Thing, I'd have to be an original Thing, because I'd be a woefully bad convert. I'd have no strategy or experience to impart as I'm a greenhorn. Additionally, if they wanted to convert an UTR sorta guy, they'd have better skilled players than I.

So, you have to ask yourself, is Anxiety an original? Thing that is If not, then you probably want to vote elsewhere. If so, send them on over here.

By the way. I will NOT give the typical whine "Vote for me if you want to, I don't care, but you are wasting a day...." That whine is annoying. Quick, Hoopsguy, tell us how many times someone has used that line in this game so far.

-Anxiety

Old 04-21-2006, 03:27 PM   #1392
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
You know, thats actually a rather true statement ive found. But hey, if you want to attack play styles im happy to oblige and begin a flame war. You should know that by now
Listen Blade you damn well know that when you start throwing shit that some of the neighbors aren't going to think "Free fertilizer". They're going to call the cops. Some of us have no problem with your style of play but really I am amazed that you still feel the need to get so defensive about it when questioned.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:27 PM   #1393
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

Revealing the name of your role (or making up a name) is fine as long as specific word-for-word parts of the PM are not discussed. If someone wants to take the risk of revealing their role, then that should be their right.

Last edited by Schmidty : 04-21-2006 at 03:28 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:27 PM   #1394
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Honestly how useful was his role reveal to you? I mean it seems like a stupid thing to get hung up on.
I found it suspicious due to the timing, but now thats its proven true there are parts that can be compared to better clear you in my, and maybe other peoples minds and focus on things. Trying to use all the avenues available to us
Demotivation
Old 04-21-2006, 03:28 PM   #1395
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
If I were a Thing, I'd have to be an original Thing, because I'd be a woefully bad convert. I'd have no strategy or experience to impart as I'm a greenhorn. Additionally, if they wanted to convert an UTR sorta guy, they'd have better skilled players than I.

So, you have to ask yourself, is Anxiety an original? Thing that is If not, then you probably want to vote elsewhere. If so, send them on over here.

By the way. I will NOT give the typical whine "Vote for me if you want to, I don't care, but you are wasting a day...." That whine is annoying. Quick, Hoopsguy, tell us how many times someone has used that line in this game so far.

-Anxiety
When WVU and I were playing wolves together I loved having somebody who didn't know the ins and outs of the game as it made it easy for them to go UTR. When I did get killed WVU coasted to an easy victory. So I don't think converting somebody with no sense of the game is a bad move.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:29 PM   #1396
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm not attacking your play style and if you want to threaten me with a flame war, I'll happily and permanently put you on ignore (even though I tend to ignore most of what you throw out in this game anyway).
Old 04-21-2006, 03:29 PM   #1397
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I found it suspicious due to the timing, but now thats its proven true there are parts that can be compared to better clear you in my, and maybe other peoples minds and focus on things. Trying to use all the avenues available to us
Fair enough. My role is called ex-marine.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:30 PM   #1398
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When WVU and I were playing wolves together I loved having somebody who didn't know the ins and outs of the game as it made it easy for them to go UTR. When I did get killed WVU coasted to an easy victory. So I don't think converting somebody with no sense of the game is a bad move.

Fair enough then. My lack of experience showing through, so you may be right. I may be crazy. But, it just may be a lunatic you're looking for.

-Anxiety

Old 04-21-2006, 03:31 PM   #1399
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
LOL! Nice!
Old 04-21-2006, 03:33 PM   #1400
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok I am out for the night. Be back around 11 eastern.