Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #1351
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
I think the scientists have value early on when they can increase the chances of our away missions rather than later when all they can do is take our crys to recharge phasers.

For this reason alone, until the away missions are done, I would hope that we have both of our scientists.

Plus, as I stated earlier, we can now recharge the phasers, which could come in handy down the road. We need research first, and it would take LSG twice as long to do it without me. Just a little extra to try and help my cause
Old 07-09-2008, 03:24 PM   #1352
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Touche.
Unvote No Lynch
Vote Saldana

because the following sounds like a fake wolfy way of pushing for a villager to be killed and hiding in the run on them.

i agree, when i read that i thought about voting for Saldana

Unvote No Vote

Vote Saldana
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:24 PM   #1353
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Alan wasn't cleared yesterday by Path. He is today. So putting a non-cleared in with the doc+cleared doesn't seem as potentially dangerous with that additional info.

I think we're in agreeance here -- isn't that what I said (about Alan not being cleared?)
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:24 PM   #1354
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
At this point, doesn't unvoting no lynch do more to get PF lynched?

As the 'touche' might indicate, I intend to switch back to No Lynch before deadline, but saldana's vote post really did come off as wolfish to me.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #1355
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

umm who did path scan yesterday? i forgot
Old 07-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #1356
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Don't you also feel that lynching me just to lynching me isn't nearly as helpful, especially when I come up good? And especially if you get just about everyone to do it...you don't have much of a voting record to go on then, and you lose someone who could potentially help you a lot more in the long run. Granted, I understand the fact I am pretty much useless right now, but who knows what I could do in the future (and you won't if you continue down this path!...no pun intended)

I get all those arguments. My only rebuttal is that this is WW, it's day 2 and it is my opinion that we need to have a lynch.

I'm more than happy to consider another candidate, but the only others that seem to be being considered are engineers which we need desperately right now.

I will say that hoops indeed did express some concern with one person in particular yesterday, and currently I share some of those same concerns. I do not know if I'm concerned enough to change my vote or not, but it's possible.

And I'll also say that I'm not all that thrilled about everyone jumping on my vote for you.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #1357
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
umm who did path scan yesterday? i forgot

KWhit.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #1358
Barkeep49
Coordinator

"Mrs. Schmidty if you'll just hold still this won't hurt, but a bit," Jackal explains as he heals her wounds.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #1359
Schmidty
Coordinator

Just woke up, and am going to head out for a bite to eat.

I read a few pages, but didn't get into depth. Why all the votes for PackerFan?

Anyway, I'll be back soon.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #1360
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Please do, particularly if you are following the "Stratego" plan.

Somehow, giving it a name makes it sound much more wise!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:29 PM   #1361
mccollins
College Prospect

Vote Counts FTW

I'm outta here until around an hour before deadline.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:29 PM   #1362
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Quoting myself as I'd like to know some possible explanations for this

I would like to see you and Alan compare notes - this may help us with working through your PM.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:30 PM   #1363
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I really want to go play Stratego now...
Old 07-09-2008, 03:30 PM   #1364
path12
Coordinator

OK, since hoops mentioned it, I would like to hear from RendeR as to why he is exhausted today, and also ask if anyone saw him last night.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #1365
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I really want to go play Stratego now...

I actually played it with my nephew a few weeks back for the first time in a long time. It hasn't aged well.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:32 PM   #1366
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
OK, since hoops mentioned it, I would like to hear from RendeR as to why he is exhausted today, and also ask if anyone saw him last night.

He said he stayed awake.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:34 PM   #1367
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Survivor Secret Roles
Except when noted below if a person becomes a Spawn they lose their Secret Role.

Gut Feeling If you received 2-4 (predetermined before the start of the game) votes throughout the day, the GM will inform you of the secret role of one of those players, however, you won't know which player it belongs to.

Spawn Aware Has a chance of finding out that a player is a Spawn each cycle that the Spawn Aware player spends in the same location as a Spawn. This chance increases each cycle that the two players spend together.

Danny, these are the two things that strike me about your post.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:34 PM   #1368
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rules
A player may choose to "Stay Awake" by PM’ing the GM. That night he will also gain a trait of "Resistant" since he'll see any Spawn coming. Someone who is already exhausted may not take advantage of "Stay Awake".

I think this is what RendeR was implying he did.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:35 PM   #1369
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
He said he stayed awake.

That's it?

Side note: Man, I am not getting a thing done today!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #1370
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Danny, these are the two things that strike me about your post.

My personal choice would be that I think jeheinz shouldn't be voted off today.. we need his help tonight repairing things...

I DO think that the night work crews should be the same as the previous night if that is ok with you Tyrith. Having Danny work in the same room as the same person or people he previously did would help in case it is a spawn aware type thing...

Which room did they work in last night, did we have any security guards say they guarded that location?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:38 PM   #1371
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
That's it?

Side note: Man, I am not getting a thing done today!

Post 767, FWIW.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #1372
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
My personal choice would be that I think jeheinz shouldn't be voted off today.. we need his help tonight repairing things...

I DO think that the night work crews should be the same as the previous night if that is ok with you Tyrith. Having Danny work in the same room as the same person or people he previously did would help in case it is a spawn aware type thing...

Which room did they work in last night, did we have any security guards say they guarded that location?
but will he actually repair things? or make the worse.....

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #1373
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, maybe he'll answer now that two of us are asking. I waited until he was in the thread to ask earlier, but I do understand that stuff can get lost in the flood of posts at times.

I'll go ahead and run the same math on the Officers - it is basically the same exercise as the engineers. I'll also keep it to three spawn, although I think this may be a mistake ... 19/4 sounds about right for the starting ratio to me.

3 spawn, 5 officers:
18/23 * 17/22 * 16/21 * 15/20 * 14/19 = 1028160/4037880 = 25.46% no starting spawn

If you add Alan + Kwhit as cleared, I believe the numbers shift like so:
16/21 * 15/20 * 14/19 * 13/18 * 12/17 = 524160/2441880 = 21.46% no starting spawn

I know I did not start spawn, so that moves the numbers down even further for me. The same should be true for RendeR/Telle if they are not Spawn when evaluating the other two candidates:
15/20 * 14/19 * 13/18 * 12/17 * 11/16 = 360360/1860480 = 19.36% no starting spawn

For me, it comes down to initially distrusting RendeR + exhausted without knowing reason vs initially neutral on Telle + 2 away missions (18% chance infected on top of % to be starting spawn)
Old 07-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #1374
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

ugh, so frustrated.

Schmidty, you've never seemed so sane to me...
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #1375
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
He said he stayed awake.

For what strategic benefit? I know he gets to answer that question, but that is what I'm trying to understand. That doesn't resonate all that well for someone I already distrusted going into last night (have to take my word + Path's on this, since I said it in PM).
Old 07-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #1376
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
but will he actually repair things? or make the worse.....

I don't think they can make it worse without doing a spawn attack, which if someone is guarding the security hold should prevent. The worst if he is a spawn would be to fake his action meaning no work done which is the same as if he didnt do it in the first place.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #1377
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Hoops, you're missing the part where BK explicitly stated we had no more than 3 spawnlings to start.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #1378
Danny
Head Coach

AlanT, Jeheinz and I worked in the Slave pen last night
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #1379
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

FTR, I'm happy to work along side Danny again tonight.

Someone needs to clue me in as to where though as I've lost all sense of that in the face of the basic math somehow working against me.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:43 PM   #1380
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
AlanT, Jeheinz and I worked in the Slave pen last night

Was saldana in that slave pen, guarding is, anyone know? Wouldn't Danny sense him as well?
Old 07-09-2008, 03:43 PM   #1381
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I would like to join Danny and Jeheinz's crew tonight to test something, assuming we need three of us on one job.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #1382
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Because we've got another one, being exhausted and wounded makes you less useful, and having been outside you could be infected. Do you have another candidate that might be more expendable?

This was my opinion on day 1, Scientists are expendable early.

Quote:
RendeR, I think I recall you saying you stayed awake last night? To do what?

I publicly stated I would sleep and PM'ed Barkeep that I would instead stay awake in the hopes of catching a spawn in action. I was told I heard the slave riots but that otherwise it was a quiet night.

If you people would stop POSTING for 5 damn minutes so that every time I finsh 1 page there aren't 2 more in the queue, I'd have answered all this far sooner =)
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #1383
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Was saldana in that slave pen, guarding is, anyone know? Wouldn't Danny sense him as well?

I believe Saldana said he slept, with oliegirl spying on him confirming it, with hoopsguy spying on oliegirl confirming her...

(you can assume one of the three may be spawn and lied, but not sure that all three of them would be like that)
Old 07-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #1384
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I would like to join Danny and Jeheinz's crew tonight to test something, assuming we need three of us on one job.

I'm hoping Tyrith and the rest of you can figure out who is needed to fix the rest of the cargo hold tonight. I still think it would be wise to plan for more repairs than necessary just in case of faked work.. But any left over can either start to work on engines or water pump (I'd say engines myself) if you all want.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #1385
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Looking back, I don't believe Danny and Heinz were guarded. Tyrith and I were guarded by Pass and everything seemed good.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #1386
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
For you - maybe I've got a bad read, but I'm having a hard time shaking the vibe I had yesterday. Your post count is fine, your post content is "off" (vibe again), and your play seems like it is geared towards "survive and advance" rather than "win the game". I'm sure this is a frustrating charge for you to refute but in the coming nights I'll likely take actions that will help me get a better view of you.

The only reason I can give for my content being "off" is that I don't think i'm a good candidate to do much conversation driving.

I never got a chance to read the past games, much less play in them, so I've taken a bit more of a passive tone due to the fact that what, half the people here know how this game works better than I do.

Heck, I had no idea path would die if he found a spawn until it was mentioned earlier today.

Take any actions you need to in order to get a better view of me, because you, clap and now apparently Danny are all barking up the wrong tree, and if you're truly a villager, you're going to wreck havoc on votes to come when I come up villager.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:46 PM   #1387
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Unvote Saldana

Vote no lynch
Old 07-09-2008, 03:46 PM   #1388
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I don't think they can make it worse without doing a spawn attack, which if someone is guarding the security hold should prevent. The worst if he is a spawn would be to fake his action meaning no work done which is the same as if he didnt do it in the first place.

yeah, thats whay meant... say he was workign on it so someone else wouldnt, and then do nothing!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:46 PM   #1389
Danny
Head Coach

I also agree with Alan that we should not vote off Jeheinz at this point. My message may simply be cluing me into a potential ability and not necessarily have anything specific to do with Jeheinz. We should know more tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #1390
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
For what strategic benefit? I know he gets to answer that question, but that is what I'm trying to understand. That doesn't resonate all that well for someone I already distrusted going into last night (have to take my word + Path's on this, since I said it in PM).

I'll take your word for it. Doesn't really help explain why, though.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #1391
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Hoops, you're missing the part where BK explicitly stated we had no more than 3 spawnlings to start.

I saw the part that KWhit quoted and read it myself earlier. I'm not "missing" it. But I think it is a mistake to assume that we have complete understanding of the moderator's intent when posting. BK is being a storyteller - I don't think he is giving us the odds to start the game, although I understand that interpretation.

Do you think 20-3 seems like fair odds for the spawn to start? I would say that is the outer boundary of possible. I reject outright the idea of 21-2.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #1392
Danny
Head Coach

I haven't played before, but 20-3 seems fair considering the likely chance of many others becoming infected as we go along.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #1393
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I'll take your word for it. Doesn't really help explain why, though.

For me it wasn't so much the fact that RendeR struck hoops as "off" yesterday as the fact that he was exhausted and I had missed a reasoning for that. We all get pings off folks on day 1.....I had mentioned someone else to hoops yesterday also.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #1394
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

We also landed in a less infected spawn area... I find 2 spawn to start more likely than 4 based on BK's post and where we landed.

If i had to guess an exact number, I would likely say 3, but I don't think I am outright denying 2 a possibility like Hoops is.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #1395
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Do you think 20-3 seems like fair odds for the spawn to start? I would say that is the outer boundary of possible. I reject outright the idea of 21-2.

I honestly don't know for sure, but the basis I'm getting off this game is that it's one of conversion and changing game-play at all times. Given that, I think 20-3 seems at lot more sane than it would in a standard game.

FTR, I have no issue with using 20-3 for the hashing out of the math. 19-4 though I think is adding in an element of error/implausibility where there needn't be one.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #1396
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, erring on the side of caution, I would assume three, but two is a possibility as well. I don't believe four to be possible, at least at the start, storytelling or not.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #1397
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well I should add a caveat, that I am saying 3 not counting any spawn people who may not even be on our ship
Old 07-09-2008, 03:57 PM   #1398
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Ok, so engineers, we started today with this:

Room Reports
Engine Room – Damaged 8 man cycles to repair
Water Plant – Damaged (Non Operational) 6 cycles to repair
Cargo Hold - Damaged 3 man cycles to repair (Maximum Capacity: 125 units)
Security Headquarters Operational (Undamaged)
Slave Pens – Damaged 3 man cycles to repair
Sleeping Quarters – Damaged. 18 berths requiring repair (enough berths for 5 people to sleep)

After today's repairs (3 to the pens, 2 to the hold) we have;

Engine (8)
Water Plant (6)
Cargo (1)
Sleeping quarters (18)

If people, for whatever reason, aren't trusting me (and I not trusting Danny all that much) here are some options for work tonight

A) Danny and I work on the Engine, Tyrith (I'd presume the most trusted engineer) the Hold and PB wherever (with us if he wants to test something). If you don't trust us at all, this is a good option since neither of us is near then the spot that we have have have to fix.

B) Danny and I both work the hold, since if X (insert whichever of us you suspect) fakes it, the other still finishes the work while PB and Tyrith get a 3-unit head start on the engine. This option should only be a problem if somehow you think both Danny and I started as spawn, which I think even with hoops' math is not all that probable.

I'll do either one, just presenting some options, someone in charge just let me know what to put in.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:59 PM   #1399
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Should be a valid vote count here...I shall be back in a couple hours.

PackerFanatic (5) - path12 (1090), Tyrith (1129), saldana (1136), Marc Vaughan (1153), The Jackal (1201)
No lynch (5) - Mrs. Schmidty (957), PurdueBrad (1008), KWhit (1190), Passacaglia (1206), bulletsponge (1277)
jeheniz72 (2) - claphamsa (805), hoopsguy (1219)
saldana (1) - mccollins (1226)
claphamsa (1) - Telle (1028)

No votes: Alan T
Render
Telle
Danny
JeHeinz72
oliegirl
Schmidty
LoneStarGirl
PackerFanatic
Chubby
Old 07-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #1400
Danny
Head Coach

One of us should be working with Tyrith as that gets us an extra bonus point. So, PurdueBrad and Tyrith working on the sleeping quarters or water plant? Engine seems like the worst choice to repair at this point.

Then you and I can work on finishing up the cargo hold in case you fake your work.