Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #1351
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Finally beat Fungus after probably 3 dozen tries. I think the key was to start it in Central Asia. I invested into every transmission pathways. Devolved all the symptoms as they mutated. You might need to evolve the Cold 1 ability. Spore burst if you have to infect an island. Double strength bird infect might be a necessity.

Then when basically everyone is infected, use the 100 or so banked points you have to make them sick. Devolve all of the transmission abilities for extra points. 2 lethal symptoms should kill before everyone can heal. Plus you accrue points when you are in the death stage. Biggest thing is to basically have them all infected with no symptoms.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #1352
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Finally beat Fungus after probably 3 dozen tries. I think the key was to start it in Central Asia. I invested into every transmission pathways. Devolved all the symptoms as they mutated. You might need to evolve the Cold 1 ability. Spore burst if you have to infect an island. Double strength bird infect might be a necessity.

Then when basically everyone is infected, use the 100 or so banked points you have to make them sick. Devolve all of the transmission abilities for extra points. 2 lethal symptoms should kill before everyone can heal. Plus you accrue points when you are in the death stage. Biggest thing is to basically have them all infected with no symptoms.

I've found this to be a winning strategy with bacteria and virus as well. Get basically everyone infected and then move straight to 1 or 2 lethal symptoms using your banked-up points. Use the rest of your points to slow research as necessary and you should be okay.

I have come real close with fungus, but haven't gotten it yet.

I think they're missing a business opportunity - I'd probably pay another couple bucks to unlock the other types from the start.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #1353
digamma
Torchbearer

Count me as another one really enjoying New Star Soccer.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #1354
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Count me as another one really enjoying New Star Soccer.

I finally settled in with a club where I want to grow (Lincoln City, natch, for FOFC long-memory types)... and am trying to focus on the success of the club, rather than just jumping from contract to contract. We'll see how long that lasts.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #1355
Flasch186
Coordinator

im bored with NSS. 9 star player and just tired of the same thing over and over. alas, worth the $ i spent though.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #1356
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I think they're missing a business opportunity - I'd probably pay another couple bucks to unlock the other types from the start.

don't know how much they are charging but the latest update that just rolled in is offering just that

FM
Old 06-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #1357
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
im bored with NSS. 9 star player and just tired of the same thing over and over. alas, worth the $ i spent though.

I'm at 41 star and still enjoying the game. After winning some big tournaments I have signed with a Boston in the Blue Star North. We'll see if I can get them to the Premier League.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:48 AM   #1358
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Download version 1.2.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #1359
wade moore
lolzcat

I finally beat fungus as well with the "devolve" strategy. TBH, I worry that it's a "super" strategy. I beat it quite handily the first time I tried constantly devolving all of the mutations and I worry that will be an easy way to win them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #1360
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Download version 1.2.

I hadn't fired it up yet...aaah ha!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #1361
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post

For me it's things like "let's try to get this club to the top" and "I want to help the US win a world cup" that keeps me going.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #1362
wade moore
lolzcat

I suck at NSS fwiw. I am 4*, but I consistently sit at the bottom of 4* because of bad outings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:26 AM   #1363
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

for fans of the Dungeon Raid type of gameplay, Wargames: WOPR was released yesterday. Neat gameplay, all linked with the original Wargames movie and with a nice little backstory to it too. Cool one.

Also released yesterday, Tiny Tower's little brother Pocket Planes. It's a freemium type game where you match passengers to planes and have them travel around the world. If you've played Tiny Tower, you know the kind.

Couple more freemium games I've tried in the last couple days are The Tribez and MyClinic. Fun timewasters from the same developer. I linked to the iPhone versions but both have an iPad version too, also free.

Finally, Sid Meier's Pirates is down to 99 cents on the iPhone and 1.99 on the iPad.

FM
Old 06-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #1364
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I still play Tiny Tower. My tower is 134 floors high now. Share Tower

Also, I have 5 codes for Instapaper. First 5 to request in this thread will get 'em. I guess it's normally $4.99. It's via the Starbucks App of the Week, apparently valid only in the US store.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #1365
Izulde
Head Coach

I just downloaded Tiny Tower and Pocket Planes.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #1366
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I just downloaded Tiny Tower and Pocket Planes.

Beware, Tiny Tower (and I think PP, but haven't played it) goes slowly unless you pay real money to buy "Tower Bux" to improve your elevators and such. I've never paid a dime... For me, it's kinda a "slow and steady" thing, I visit it daily (or a few times, depending on how much free time I have and how stressed I am) and re-stock my stores and build new floors to try to get all the achievements and weekly goals (still haven't gotten all the achievements nor all the weekly goals). I find it peaceful, a way to not think for a bit. But it's not for everybody.

/tk
Old 06-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #1367
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Anybody still play Ticket To Ride iOS?

I want to re-visit that. I'll buy the expansion if I need to...

/tk
Old 06-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #1368
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post

I want to re-visit that. I'll buy the expansion if I need to...

/tk

I haven't played in a while, but I'll play with you. I have the expansion, but I don't have to play it.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #1369
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post

My daughter plays it regularly in her small rotation, and loves it.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #1370
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

After a couple days spent with Pocket Planes, I like it. I'd say it reminds me a bit of Trukz, the text based trucker sim that many of us played a couple years back, mostly because you match passengers and cargos to destination then set the flight and you come back when the flight is done. You start by picking a region, I pick America Northeast, and you have three airports open at first. You then can build new airports to unlock new destinations as you level up. You can also buy, build, upgrade or put away planes. Same as with airports, you have a certain number of plane spots and you can unlock new ones with gold.

It's slow but fun...

I have started a #FOFC flight crew tag. Not very useful for now since the missions to fill out are sometimes way out of our range of operations, (for example the current one is to deliver some stuff to Brisbane) but as we'll grow, you can put in that tag in the FLIGHT CREW screen and all our work towards the goal will count as one big team.

FM
Old 06-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #1371
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I thought it was cool that I started with Montreal, Ottawa and Detroit as airports but that Quebec City was a buildable city for an airport.

FM
Old 06-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #1372
britrock88
Pro Starter

Leapfrogging back over FM, I still play TTR, TK. You can find me as bri7r0ck88. (Stupid Gamecenter names.)

Last edited by britrock88 : 06-17-2012 at 12:19 PM.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #1373
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The new Pixar's Brave version of Temple Run is pretty fun. Same basic gameplay, but a few tweaks.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #1374
kingfc22
Head Coach

Just started playing pocket planes.

Yet another time waster to put into the rotation.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #1375
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I haven't played in a while, but I'll play with you. I have the expansion, but I don't have to play it.

Nevermind I found you.

/tk

Last edited by terpkristin : 06-17-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #1376
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Leapfrogging back over FM, I still play TTR, TK. You can find me as bri7r0ck88. (Stupid Gamecenter names.)

Sent invite to be friendly.

As far as "other" strategy-esque games go, I have Dominion on the iPad, Food Fight iOS (a card-based game), TTR and Carcassonne. I'm terpkristin on GC if anyone wants to play any of them. Food Fight isn't installed right now but can easily be done...

App Review: Food Fight iOS | GeekDad | Wired.com

/tk
Old 06-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #1377
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

And I have now downloaded Pocket Planes. Will give it a go. One thing I really like about Tiny Tower is the almost zen-like aspect of just seeing how things are going. We shall see if PP can do the same...

/tk
Old 06-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #1378
spleen1015
Coordinator

Got you invite tk.

BTW, since my iPhone is a work phone, it is profiled so that I can't start any new games.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #1379
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Got you invite tk.

BTW, since my iPhone is a work phone, it is profiled so that I can't start any new games.

Cool. Well, I'll start games and if you don't wanna play, feel free to reject/ignore.

/tk
Old 06-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #1380
Qrusher14242
High School JV

i got it a few days ago and started out in africa...have about seven small airports right now heh gonna take a while to get out of africa
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #1381
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Anybody have any good strategies for their Pocket Planes? I have been trying to take multiple people to the same place, but I haven't really determined how to maximize profits. With nothing bigger than a 3-seater yet, there may not be much in the way of strategy.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #1382
spleen1015
Coordinator

One thing I figured out with Pocket Planes that I thought I would share.

When your planes are in the air, if you have them on the screen, money will periodically fly by and you tap it to claim it.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #1383
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Anybody have any good strategies for their Pocket Planes? I have been trying to take multiple people to the same place, but I haven't really determined how to maximize profits. With nothing bigger than a 3-seater yet, there may not be much in the way of strategy.

Yeah not much strategy for me either than always pick the passengers thar pay in bux instead of coins.

FM
Old 06-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #1384
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I started playing Pocket Planes yesterday too...like others have said, seems like a fun little time waster. Only level 4 so far, with flights to five cities in Central America. Started with San Jose, Guatemala, and Havana, and I have since opened up Oaxaca and Panama City.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #1385
wahoomac
Mascot

Same here, except I have expanded to Orlando, New Orleans, and Santo Domingo. Cancun is currently having a science fair, that I have been flying cargo. Are we using #FOFC as a group?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
I started playing Pocket Planes yesterday too...like others have said, seems like a fun little time waster. Only level 4 so far, with flights to five cities in Central America. Started with San Jose, Guatemala, and Havana, and I have since opened up Oaxaca and Panama City.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #1386
chadritt
High School Varsity

Picked up Pocket Planes yesterday....far too addictive.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #1387
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadritt View Post
Picked up Pocket Planes yesterday....far too addictive.

Ditto.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #1388
chadritt
High School Varsity

Only downside is that it is KILLING my battery. Im going to be flying a lot next month and this would be a great timekiller on the flights if it wasnt incredibly important my phone be working when I land.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #1389
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoomac View Post
Same here, except I have expanded to Orlando, New Orleans, and Santo Domingo. Cancun is currently having a science fair, that I have been flying cargo. Are we using #FOFC as a group?

we could, and that's what I had put on my flight crew team but I'm seriously thinking about changing it to #TouchArcade... Looking for a 'Pocket Planes' Flight Crew? Join #TouchArcade for Fabulous Prizes | Touch Arcade
Quote:
There's actual real benefits for doing so too, as NimbleBit gave away 373,340 bux in the past event. In real world dollars, that's nearly $20,000 worth of free virtual currency awarded for playing the game. The #TouchArcade flight crew is almost 10,000 strong, and can always use more members for complete Pocket Planes world domination.

FM
Old 06-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #1390
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I've been flying under the #FOFC banner
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #1391
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post

I know I said i didn't see much strategy to how I boarded passengers and cargos, but how about expansion? for your fleet or for your airports?

For my planes, I'm slowly building my planes instead of purchasing them all built up. It's slower but you save on bux. A plane selling for 23 bux will cost 3 times 4 bux for parts and another 4 bux for assembly, or 16 bux, that's quite a saving. But that's not really what got me thinking about strategy. It's my airports. I have 22k gold coins or so and I'm wondering now if I should spend it on one bigger city or branch out west a bit more and get a couple smaller one.

I currently have airports in Quebec, Montreal, Ottawa, Thunder Bay (I know but it was dirt cheap ), Detroit and Cincinnati. I don't see why I should get one in Toronto as it'd simply be in between Detroit and Ottawa and it would cost me 26k coins. Boston is just about affordable but brings me nothing more on the east coast. I'm think about going with Kansas City or St. Louis, or maybe both, in an attempt to start to branch out to the West and eventually go down South a little. How are you guys planning out your airports?

I did upgrade Quebec but it was more of a "let's try it" thing. I know at some point we'll need to upgrade the airports' classes in order to accomodate higher models of planes but for now they're all class 1 anyway...

FM
Old 06-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #1392
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I decided to go with St. Louis and will probably get Kansas City too. Will give me a way to shuttle some quick stuff out there and transit via Cincy for other stuff.

FM
Old 06-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #1393
britrock88
Pro Starter

And I am flying #FOFC now.

Last edited by britrock88 : 06-18-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #1394
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
I know I said i didn't see much strategy to how I boarded passengers and cargos, but how about expansion? for your fleet or for your airports?

For my planes, I'm slowly building my planes instead of purchasing them all built up. It's slower but you save on bux. A plane selling for 23 bux will cost 3 times 4 bux for parts and another 4 bux for assembly, or 16 bux, that's quite a saving. But that's not really what got me thinking about strategy. It's my airports. I have 22k gold coins or so and I'm wondering now if I should spend it on one bigger city or branch out west a bit more and get a couple smaller one.

I currently have airports in Quebec, Montreal, Ottawa, Thunder Bay (I know but it was dirt cheap ), Detroit and Cincinnati. I don't see why I should get one in Toronto as it'd simply be in between Detroit and Ottawa and it would cost me 26k coins. Boston is just about affordable but brings me nothing more on the east coast. I'm think about going with Kansas City or St. Louis, or maybe both, in an attempt to start to branch out to the West and eventually go down South a little. How are you guys planning out your airports?

I did upgrade Quebec but it was more of a "let's try it" thing. I know at some point we'll need to upgrade the airports' classes in order to accomodate higher models of planes but for now they're all class 1 anyway...

FM

I'm actually buying up the mid-level populated cities in the East Coast. Toronto and Boston. I find that they have more traffic willing to go somewhere.

Those trips to Thunder Bay might look like a nice profit, but I'm running Detroit/Boston/Montreal flights for even more.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #1395
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
I'm actually buying up the mid-level populated cities in the East Coast. Toronto and Boston. I find that they have more traffic willing to go somewhere.

Those trips to Thunder Bay might look like a nice profit, but I'm running Detroit/Boston/Montreal flights for even more.

I know but as I said, Thunder Bay was dirt cheap and was one of the first airport I tried when I had little cash. Off course, the middle sized cities will have more layovers available.

longer distance also allow me to book bigger payouts when I know I won't be able to check on my planes in the next 3-4 minutes...

FM
Old 06-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #1396
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
I know but as I said, Thunder Bay was dirt cheap and was one of the first airport I tried when I had little cash. Off course, the middle sized cities will have more layovers available.

longer distance also allow me to book bigger payouts when I know I won't be able to check on my planes in the next 3-4 minutes...

FM

No worries.

I have an ANAN that runs Thunderbay runs from Detroit / Boston. Three passengers per flight nets me around 300 gold per round trip, depending on if there is someone flying back.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #1397
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
No worries.

I have an ANAN that runs Thunderbay runs from Detroit / Boston. Three passengers per flight nets me around 300 gold per round trip, depending on if there is someone flying back.

I've not really analysed it that deep.

It's fun to simply book people and cargos and let them go. I also get all excited any time I see some green text on the list of layovers.

FM
Old 06-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #1398
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
I've not really analysed it that deep.

It's fun to simply book people and cargos and let them go. I also get all excited any time I see some green text on the list of layovers.

FM

Green text is always fun.

I always jump for joy when green bux fly around near your plane.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #1399
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Green text is always fun.

I always jump for joy when green bux fly around near your plane.

I have only had bux fly around a plane once. I seem to only see the small kind of coins, bummer...

green text is also fun on plane parts, especially the better models when you only need one part to complete a plane

FM
Old 06-19-2012, 05:47 AM   #1400
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Flying #FOFC as well.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote