Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #1351
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Lathum and The Jackal are still racing against saldana and MartinD...

It looks like a very close race but...

Lathum and The Jackal make it to the mat just minutes before saldana and MartinD are seen arguing as they get to the mat.

Lathum and The Jackal are 6th...

saldana and MartinD, you are the last team to arrive.

I am sorry to tell you but you have been eliminated from the race.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #1352
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

saldana is seen yelling at MartinD as they walk away from the camera. Before they even get out of the frae they are going their own way.

"You couldn't stop looking at Chief Rum saldana is heard screaming at MartinD!!!"

"I thought that was always your fantasy she is heard yelling back..."
Old 03-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #1353
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Crimson Fox has been handling all of the Amazing Race stuff for our team. He has done an Amazing job.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #1354
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

saldana and MartinD are now both completely out of the game.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #1355
hoopsguy
General Manager

The problem with the candidates you mention, Chief, is that
- GE is seer scanned (by proxy from teammate)
- Cougar put a pretty tough vote on Mauboy on Day 1
- PackerFanatic was the first vote on Mauboy on Day 1, and it just seems really messy for two of them to vote him among his first 3 votes

There are quite a few logical/analytical players left in the game - I'm not sure if that is because the wolves were seer-hunting (most likely) or are using them as cover because they have 1-2 of those type of players among their number (possible), but I don't think that today is a particularly good day to "take out the quiet one". I think it is a day to be bold, and try to take control of the game.

I just wish I had a little more time to have really been able to drive that idea throughout the thread today and seen how people reacted.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #1356
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I really wish that the people who are villagers that are removed from the werewolf part of the game (but are cleared villagers) would take an active role in the conversations. We know that you don't have a werewolf agenda .... that your sole interest is catching wolves. That gives you a bully pulpit, to some extent. I'll certainly listen to you more than I will to players whose allegiances I question (unrevealed players).

I'm not sure how many of those guys remain, but my sense has been that people out of WW have somewhat lost interest in helping the rest of us catch wolves. Just because you don't have a vote doesn't mean you don't have a voice. Post away, help us win the game, and take credit for your contributions.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #1357
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 1356:

Danny 4 - Autumn (1218), JAG (1245), hoopsguy (1294), mckerney (1342)
hoopsguy 3 - Danny (1314), Passacaglia (1316), PackerFanatic (1324)
Passacaglia 2 - cougarfreak (1288), ntndeacon (1293)
ntndeacon 1 - GoldenEagle (1297)
Old 03-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #1358
bhlloy
Coordinator

For me, Pass has a questionable vote on day 1 and I'd like to see the voting tighten up a bit today. I'm certain ntn is villager after day 1, I don't see any way that he's up against mauboy if he's a wolf. For now

Vote Pass
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #1359
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Also, I really wish that the people who are villagers that are removed from the werewolf part of the game (but are cleared villagers) would take an active role in the conversations. We know that you don't have a werewolf agenda .... that your sole interest is catching wolves. That gives you a bully pulpit, to some extent. I'll certainly listen to you more than I will to players whose allegiances I question (unrevealed players).

I'm not sure how many of those guys remain, but my sense has been that people out of WW have somewhat lost interest in helping the rest of us catch wolves. Just because you don't have a vote doesn't mean you don't have a voice. Post away, help us win the game, and take credit for your contributions.

Agreed on that -- big props to CrimsonFox for staying engaged in this game.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #1360
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
The problem with the candidates you mention, Chief, is that
- GE is seer scanned (by proxy from teammate)
- Cougar put a pretty tough vote on Mauboy on Day 1
- PackerFanatic was the first vote on Mauboy on Day 1, and it just seems really messy for two of them to vote him among his first 3 votes

There are quite a few logical/analytical players left in the game - I'm not sure if that is because the wolves were seer-hunting (most likely) or are using them as cover because they have 1-2 of those type of players among their number (possible), but I don't think that today is a particularly good day to "take out the quiet one". I think it is a day to be bold, and try to take control of the game.

I just wish I had a little more time to have really been able to drive that idea throughout the thread today and seen how people reacted.

FWIW, I agree with Hoops about being bold. And the fact that we can still post if lynched as a villager is more reason why going after a high profile player isn't necessarily a bad idea. Hopefully Hoops and I arent both villagers in this scenario though.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #1361
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yeah I was gonna say, I think this is the most I've ever talked in a game. THen again I suspect that it's because I don't have to worry anymore about being voted a wolf for making a joke. *glares at Jackal *
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #1362
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

UNVOTE NTNDEACON

VOTE DANNY
Old 03-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #1363
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Please for the love of God don't make this a tie vote.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #1364
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, if I'm the lynch today I'll go all Obi Wan Kenobi for the remainder of the game Doesn't mean I want to get taken out today, but I will follow my own advice if my lynching does come to pass.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #1365
Danny
Head Coach

Why vote Pass there? That basically forces him to unvote hoops and vote me for self-defense. You might as well vote me there.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #1366
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

My vote had to go somewhere and I don't think we need a tie today. I had the gut feeling on Danny from the start, but it is so risky to do today. I really should have pushed harder for ntn earlier in the day.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #1367
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Why vote Pass there? That basically forces him to unvote hoops and vote me for self-defense. You might as well vote me there.

But wouldn't you then just do the same thing?
Old 03-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #1368
Danny
Head Coach

At least I used up my remaining energy today and can still help find a wolf tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #1369
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I need to put a vote in, and it's too late to drum up a new candidate. I'm going with my gut--I don't think hoops is a wolf. And while I like Danny's play, he's the most suspicious of those on the block left, IMO. I don't think I would normally vote him, with what he's done so far, but we're down to two, really.

VOTE DANNY

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #1370
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 1369:

Danny 6 - Autumn (1218), JAG (1245), hoopsguy (1294), mckerney (1342), GoldenEagle (1362), Chief Rum (1369)
hoopsguy 3 - Danny (1314), Passacaglia (1316), PackerFanatic (1324)
Passacaglia 3 - cougarfreak (1288), ntndeacon (1293), bhlloy (1358)

Last edited by EagleFan : 03-02-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #1371
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
But wouldn't you then just do the same thing?

Yes, which basically helps Hoops become a non-candidate.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #1372
Danny
Head Coach

I have to say, if I was a wolf, there is no way I am up by 3 votes right now.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #1373
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I'll post the race standings and next leg after sorting out the lynch and night orders.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #1374
bhlloy
Coordinator

Danny - not my intention, Pass is by far the least trustworthy of the 3 IMO.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #1375
Danny
Head Coach

I still get to contribute, but Jag might be a person to consider for tomorrow. He's really stayed out of things so far.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #1376
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I have to say, if I was a wolf, there is no way I am up by 3 votes right now.

I thought very hard about switching between you and Pass right here to put it back in play because of the vote movement. But in the end, I didn't have the courage to go against my original belief and I didn't think there was enough time left anyway.

Here's hoping I was right at the start of the day.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #1378
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

hoops I don't know about and Pass is , as you say, bipolar.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #1379
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I thought very hard about switching between you and Pass right here to put it back in play because of the vote movement. But in the end, I didn't have the courage to go against my original belief and I didn't think there was enough time left anyway.

Here's hoping I was right at the start of the day.

Nope
Old 03-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #1381
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As you recover from the stress of the day you start to ponder who may be a mole. Danny stands out to many and you begin to question him.

Soon he admits that he no longer cares much about the race. You have talked him out.

You find out that Danny was....

A vanilla villager
Old 03-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #1382
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, Danny - I welcome your thoughts the rest of the way and I'm sorry for my contributions towards a bad lynch today.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #1383
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

But we were going to make the top 5 in the race so I could get another roll of film! Damn it.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #1384
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Man. Another tough day. Tommorow the ratio will be presumably 7:3.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #1385
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Later that day you see that bhlloy is wearing that familiar t-shirt. He has been talked out by the moles.

bhlloy was a vanilla villager.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #1387
Passacaglia
Coordinator

sheesh
Old 03-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #1388
Danny
Head Coach

Hmmm, interesting kill. We now know for sure that GE could only be the cunning wolf.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #1389
Autumn
Head Coach

Damn. Well, at least the wolves cleared up the bhlloy thing for us.

This has been a hard game to figure out, for some reason. I guess the easy reveals of the first two wolves, and some runaway votes, have helped but not given us much to go on. I'm quite unsure where to go next.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #1390
hoopsguy
General Manager

Assuming I'm not the night-kill tomorrow, which I think is a very low probability given today's vote, I'm going to have a load of time to participate during Day 6. Hoping for a fun day with some good conversation. I think today's vote may be one that has some value as well - all in all, I feel fairly good about the group of voters on Pass today.

I'm guessing the wolves played very close to the vest today, given the outcome and the lack of votes heading into the final hour.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #1391
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

What I was thinking too Danny.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #1392
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, color me surprised at taking out bhlloy with the night kill. I don't think the trust for him was exactly uniform.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #1393
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Man. Another tough day. Tommorow the ratio will be presumably 7:3.

Which means we can likely only afford one more bad lynch.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #1394
cougarfreak
College Starter

Well that sucks
Old 03-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #1395
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

This has been a hard game to figure out, for some reason. I guess the easy reveals of the first two wolves, and some runaway votes, have helped but not given us much to go on. I'm quite unsure where to go next.

Yes, this is huge. Generally you gain most of your useful information from lynching wolves in meaningful votes. While we have caught two wolves, neither gave us a whole lot to work with. About all we have is day 1.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #1396
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I just realized that mau/Danny probably used ALL 5 of their aggression points on cougarfreak/packerfan
Old 03-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #1397
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Race Standings
1st - Team Ten
2nd - Team Five (+0:05)
3rd - Team Eight (+1:40)
4th - Team Four (+2:50)
5th - Team Six (+5:15)
6th - Team Three (+5:25)
Old 03-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #1398
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Yep, color me surprised at taking out bhlloy with the night kill. I don't think the trust for him was exactly uniform.

Based on what I saw, I'd actually say there's a decent chance none of the three vote getters were wolves. I have really avoided him so far, but I want to take a closer look at JAG. On day 1, he had two early votes from Autumn and I (now a confirmed villager) and no one else ever followed up on that and instead votes went toward CR and NTN to run against Mau.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #1399
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Hmmm, interesting kill. We now know for sure that GE could only be the cunning wolf.

Wait...what? How does this mean that I could only be the cunning wolf? I am not sure why the wolves would take out a player that there is some question about. Taking out either me or bholly was a mistake. The only thing I can figure is that they are trying to frame me as the cunning wolf. I hope the village does not fall for that trap. If so, things are going to look pretty grim.

I have been on ntn for the last couple of days. Does that mean anything I am not sure. I have tried to stress that ntn was the safe lynch. But I am not sure we can go down that road tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #1400
hoopsguy
General Manager

So, since we have a bunch of people around now - want to get started on the Day 6 conversation earlier rather than later?

My trust levels for Autumn, JAG, and Chief Rum are all on the decline at this point.

I won't be considering a vote for GE at this point - assuming 3 wolves left and he can only be cunning. Would be pretty damn lousy luck for us that the seer gets two scans, reveals to his partner (scan one) and the other scan is the cunning wolf. I'll take higher probability plays for Day 6, thank you.

I really want to understand the NTN stuff from Day 1, but I think we're past the point of "lynch him to learn about earlier days" ... today was the day to do that, if we were going to go that route.

I would add Pass to my list of candidates that I mistrust right now, probably right with Autumn + JAG. If/when I go on my post review session, those will be the guys I'm looking at the hardest initially.