Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-04-2024, 12:25 PM   #1351
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

There is a 22 minute gameplay feature on IGN of the new Dragon Age and MY GOD.

First off it looks like the faces are missing textures. That's the first thing I noticed.

Second the dev was playing a mage and was getting focused by about 8 mobs each fight turning the game basically into a dodging simulator. No you really can't swap to other party members. I mean...swapping to a tanky character and pulling aggro would probably make the encounters more fun, but who the hell wants to do that when you just dodge. AND I MEAN FUCKING DODGE. Why the hell would you do this to Dragon Age? Even if it does end up being fun....it's not the game it says it is. Why not just make a new game series at that point? You wouldn't make or even play a civilization game where you actually drive the tanks. The troubled state of the industry is absolutely self-inflicted.

Last edited by dubb93 : 09-04-2024 at 12:27 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2024, 12:35 PM   #1352
Atocep
Coordinator

Everyone wants to jump on the Souls-like gameplay without understanding what makes the Souls gameplay work. They just think of they add some rolling to dodge spells and abilities it's Souls gameplay and a success.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2024, 01:04 PM   #1353
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
There is a 22 minute gameplay feature on IGN of the new Dragon Age and MY GOD.

First off it looks like the faces are missing textures. That's the first thing I noticed.

Second the dev was playing a mage and was getting focused by about 8 mobs each fight turning the game basically into a dodging simulator. No you really can't swap to other party members. I mean...swapping to a tanky character and pulling aggro would probably make the encounters more fun, but who the hell wants to do that when you just dodge. AND I MEAN FUCKING DODGE. Why the hell would you do this to Dragon Age? Even if it does end up being fun....it's not the game it says it is. Why not just make a new game series at that point? You wouldn't make or even play a civilization game where you actually drive the tanks. The troubled state of the industry is absolutely self-inflicted.

I largely felt this way about the last one, Dragon Age: Inquisition. I tried playing it three separate times and could just never get into it. The game play was just too different from what I wanted out of the series (see, DA1 and DA2).
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2024, 01:14 PM   #1354
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I largely felt this way about the last one, Dragon Age: Inquisition. I tried playing it three separate times and could just never get into it. The game play was just too different from what I wanted out of the series (see, DA1 and DA2).

This one looks further from Inquisition that Inquisition was from the first two games. It really does suck when your genre gets popular again but you are in the middle of developing a game for 9 year old trends (this game has been in development for 9 years) so you aren’t able to capitalize on it.
Old 09-04-2024, 01:55 PM   #1355
Thomkal
Head Coach

So No Man's Sky introduced fishing to the game today. Taking advantage of recent graphics changes that really make the landscapes/water/skies look very nice indeed you can now go anywhere in the galaxy and fish to your heart's content.
Old 09-04-2024, 01:58 PM   #1356
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
This one looks further from Inquisition that Inquisition was from the first two games. It really does suck when your genre gets popular again but you are in the middle of developing a game for 9 year old trends (this game has been in development for 9 years) so you aren’t able to capitalize on it.

ARK 2 is the same way. I don't know why. ARK was a fantastic game, and very unique in the market, why do they need to make ARK 2 a souls-like game? But honestly, I don't know if it will ever come out.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 11:46 AM   #1357
Atocep
Coordinator

$700 for a PS5 Pro is absolutely absurd.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 12:08 PM   #1358
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So No Man's Sky introduced fishing to the game today. Taking advantage of recent graphics changes that really make the landscapes/water/skies look very nice indeed you can now go anywhere in the galaxy and fish to your heart's content.

Is this game worth picking up on console? I just need something I can mindlessly play at night for an hour or two before bed.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 12:22 PM   #1359
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Is this game worth picking up on console? I just need something I can mindlessly play at night for an hour or two before bed.

I don't have a console, but I've never seen any complaints about how it runs there. there is a creative mode where you can build and i guess fish now to your heart's content and not worry about the limited combat in space or land that might come up. You can these days probably get a good deal where its 60-65% off so certainly worth picking up at that price.
Old 09-10-2024, 12:38 PM   #1360
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
$700 for a PS5 Pro is absolutely absurd.

Every time Sony thinks they are ahead they do this. Lucky for them the blowback with be on the PS5 Pro and not the PS6. Maybe they will learn the lesson before then.

And $700 isn’t the most absurd part. It’s $700 with no disk drive. Disk Drive + Stand pushes it up to $800. That’s absurd.
Old 09-10-2024, 12:45 PM   #1361
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

For $700, you can build a better gaming PC.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 02:38 PM   #1362
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
For $700, you can build a better gaming PC.

Maybe better specs, but with how shit optimized every “AAA” game seems to be nowadays they all run like crap on PC. I say that as someone that only plays on PC.
Old 09-13-2024, 05:36 PM   #1363
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Has anyone else just not been able to play Fortnite on PC for the last two seasons? It will work, but no matter how far I crank down the settings I can’t make the game stop disconnecting me, taking so long to load in I miss being able to jump and then being so laggy/choppy that I can’t shoot straight to save my life.

This is the only game I have this problem with. My CPU is older (aggressively over clocked I7 8700k with a Noctua cooler on it) and the weak spot of my rig, but is fine in every other game that has been made where I generally run them all at near max settings in 2k resolution (and is above average for what is being used out there according to the Steam hardware survey). I have a 3080ti and a M.2 hard drive. Used to be a game I played near daily with my kids. I leveled to level 12 last season and decided it just wasn’t fun playing the game anymore. I did, I think, 5 reinstalls. Nothing worked. Drivers are all updated constantly and were reinstalled multiple times during trouble shooting.
Old 09-13-2024, 05:42 PM   #1364
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I played on PC a couple of nights ago with my daughter and didn't have any issues. Of course we only play side games and not battle Royale. This time it was something not unlike Rock Band. I went from PUBG to this lol
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 06:32 PM   #1365
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
I played on PC a couple of nights ago with my daughter and didn't have any issues. Of course we only play side games and not battle Royale. This time it was something not unlike Rock Band. I went from PUBG to this lol

Hmmmmm….well idk then. Guess I’ll go back to playing Diablo 4 for the night. Makes no sense.