Head Coach

I think everyone has.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #1402
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
See, I should totally be able to drag JAG's corpse up beyond the wall and have him re-animated as an Other. Undead bannermen are where it's at.

As if Cersei isn't doing that exact thing with the Mountain that Rides.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #1403
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
As if Cersei isn't doing that exact thing with the Mountain that Rides.

So much for dinner.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #1404
Autumn
Head Coach

For those waiting to hear from me, I'm waiting to hear from people too. So it's a lot of waiting in a circle. By tomorrow I think I will be comfortably ensconced in Dragonstone, but today I can't yet say where I am.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #1405
hoopsguy
General Manager

Would be interested in knowing the timetables for decisions on Brienne, hunting parties for me, voting, etc ... are they all coming together as one this afternoon? Or is there some level of separation?
Old 06-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #1406
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I thought there would be a Brienne deadline midday?
Old 06-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #1407
saldana
Pro Starter

I still have no idea what day it is.

vote no banishment
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #1408
MrBug708
Head Coach

I would imagine being raised from the dead by Donaric is where it's at!
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #1409
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Actually, I agree, everyone seems to have forgotten the vote.

I'll push the deadline back to 8 p.m. EST/5 p.m. PDT so everyone can get caught up.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #1410
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Yeah, I thought there would be a Brienne deadline midday?

End of the day.

And the decision is made anyway. I am writing it up right now.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #1411
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Vote Karstark

He wanted my brother dead because he killed his son. I want him dead because his lord was responsible for my brother's death. When will this cycle of madness end? When? Hopefully when Karstark is dead. That's when.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #1412
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm slooooowly going mad. And paranoid. Wait! Paranoia is a form of madness. So I'm repeating myself. That's a sign of madness, I believe. So I must be going mad. Or paranoid.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #1413
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Word is spreading across the land. It appears that Brienne of Tarth is being returned to Storm's End.

In exchange for Brienne, King Renly has forsworn all of his rights and interests in the lands and keep of Summerhall to House Stark.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #1414
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I would imagine being raised from the dead by Donaric is where it's at!

Dondarric, Qyburn ... bottom line, seems like there could be some pathways for a possible return.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #1415
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Any minute now I'll forget myself and start blurting out Varys' deep, dark secrets. That would be disastrous. Except he has none. He's boring.

Who should I send my raven to today? Selmy do you want a raven? I'm honourable.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #1416
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

In exchange for Brienne, King Renly has forsworn all of his rights and interests in the lands and keep of Summerhall to House Stark.

It seems that I'm not the only one going mad. Land for a worthless nobody? The Starks grow stronger every day.

Anyone got a drink?
Old 06-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #1417
Autumn
Head Coach

Not much land, for a bannerman who keeps Renly in the game. I'm surprised Robb did not drive a harder bargain on a desperate Renly.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #1418
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Any minute now I'll forget myself and start blurting out Varys' deep, dark secrets. That would be disastrous. Except he has none. He's boring.

Who should I send my raven to today? Selmy do you want a raven? I'm honourable.

My deep dark secrets? Would that I had any that were half as....scandalous as yours M'Lady.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #1419
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Vote Karstark

He wanted my brother dead because he killed his son. I want him dead because his lord was responsible for my brother's death. When will this cycle of madness end? When? Hopefully when Karstark is dead. That's when.

Actually, your son sent his own father into battle to die.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #1420
Autumn
Head Coach

Robb Stark, I don't think my emissary has made the long trip north yet. Hopefully Davos will reach you before night falls, but if not and you have an emissary or a raven free to send, I would appreciate it.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #1421
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

And so it appears that at last Lord Tywin has been cornered.

Chased through the Pendric Hills, he falls back to the coastal town of Banefort. Stark Northmen ring the hills about the town. There is nowhere for the Lannister to go... unless his ships come to rescue him!

Alas, that does not seem to be in the cards. No red and gold banners are appearing on the horizon.

When Lord Karstark approaches the edge of the town, Tywin Lannister is there to meet him. He agrees to come with Karstark, so long as his men are not harmed.

Lord Karstark is always suspicious when it comes to Lannisters, but it seems this is a good deal to make. His men take Tywin Lannister into custody and they make for a return to Winterfell.

Some leagues away, a trailing scout arrives before Karstark, out of earshot of the captive Lannister lord.

"My Lord," the scout says, "there were Lannister ships near that town, hidden around the point beyond the town bay. They only approaches the town after the townspeople signaled for them following your departure!"

Curious. It seems that the Lannister could have left Banefort at any time, and escaped once again...

Old 06-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #1422
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Robb Stark, I don't think my emissary has made the long trip north yet. Hopefully Davos will reach you before night falls, but if not and you have an emissary or a raven free to send, I would appreciate it.

He has. (Long story short, he sent me a message this morning - I asked if it was a raven or emissary, because I wasn't sure, hadn't heard back. When I found out it was emissary, I replied - haven't heard anything yet)
Old 06-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #1423
MrBug708
Head Coach

This is why Cersei would make a terrible leader..
Old 06-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #1424
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, I now await the pleasure of Robb Stark.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #1425
InBlue
n00b

I JUST GOT HOME GUYS GOSH
Old 06-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #1426
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It's a quiet night on the island fortress of Dragonstone.

Melisandre has the veranda doors open to allow the sea wind in and give vent to the incense and vapors rising from the several braziers she has alight in her chambers.

Fate calls to her this night, she can feel it. She feels infused in the presence of the Lord of Light.

With barely a thought to doing so, she slips from her robe and steps forward to the central fire, in only her skin, and a curved Asshai dagger in her right hand.

She traces the dagger point along her forearm, barely a scratch. Blood beads up lightly and starts to trail down her arm and clenched fist. Red drops fall into the small bowl beside the fire, filling the bottom.

She waves the dagger across the flames. They lick the blood from the blade, firing up fiercely for but a moment. She places the dagger beside the brazier and takes the bowl.

She holds the bowl up and chants in her foreign language.

"R'hllor, Lord of Light, fierce is your power, and everlasting is your might. I offer myself to you and to your service, again, now and until you choose to close my eyes to the dark forever."

She pours her blood out into the fire. With a powerful spark, the fire jumps, dark smoke billowing from it in clouds, drifting toward the open sea door. Sweat gleans from Melisandre's naked body, sweat intermingled with blood and ash.

The fire does not touch her even as she seems to hover over it now, in a trance. Her jaw is slack, her eyes upturned. Her hands are extended above and about the brazier, like a mother preparing to take her child into her arms.

The flames dance and shift in patterns. Patterns which can be recognized... They coalesce into sharper images, but only Melisandre is close enough to see them.

"Oh my King," she murmurs. "Such destiny awaits you. You are Azor Ahai, the might of R'hllor. Your fire will provide heat through this long winter to come. So do the flames portend."

Suddenly, she tenses up, her wiry muscles tightening to cords. Outside of the flicker of the flames and a tapestry flapping in the breeze, no sound now passes from this room.

Slowly, she turns her head to look at the sea door, her eye drifting to see behind her.

"For the night is dark and full of terrors..."

She waves her bloody hand with a vicious chop, and the seawind suddenly shoots into the chambers. The seadoors slam shut, and every fire in the room is extinguished, except for the mighty one before Melisandre.

The red glare filters throughout the dark room, revealing a hooded figure not three steps behind the witch.

"R'hllor has called for me," she says, turning to the man before her. "He has sent you to take me there."

Fervor--or insanity--dances in her eyes, which remain a mysterious and visible glowing red, even with her face shrouded in darkness, her back to the flames.

The man steps forward, and with a swift move, his blade shoots forward and under her sternum, piercing her heart. Melisandre's hands fall to his shoulders, gripping, but apparently not with harmful intent.

She holds herself up upon her assassin, even as her life's blood drifts away.

"Turn to the Light," she says. "And tell your master to as well. For all nonbelievers will burn to keep His Fire burning through the Long Winter."

With a last gasp, she crumples to the ground.

With a muttered curse, the assassin throws his blade to the ground and runs out to the veranda and the rope down the fortess wall. He seems shaken as he hastily climbs over the parapet edge.

THE LADY MELISANDRE HAS BEEN MURDERED BY AN UNKNOWN ASSASSIN!

Old 06-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #1427
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Holy balls.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #1428
MrBug708
Head Coach

Well, well...there goes the faceless man
Old 06-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #1429
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I highly doubt someone spent that much money to kill a bannerman.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #1430
MrBug708
Head Coach

Melisandre seems like she'd be pretty powerful
Old 06-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #1431
Autumn
Head Coach

Someone spent a lot of money to accomplish not much.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #1432
hoopsguy
General Manager

Very interesting. As someone who has a certain affinity for money, I'm jealous that there are others able to afford an assassin. An effective one, at that.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #1433
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Leaving work. I'll try and answer PM's when I get home.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #1434
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Well, well...there goes the faceless man

A Faceless Man does not shudder at the sight of any deity or its minions.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 06-03-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #1435
InBlue
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
A Faceless Man does not shudder at the sight of any deity or its minions.

So I guess it was just your run-of-the-mill, ordinary, everyday assassin...
Old 06-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #1436
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Lord Tywin Lannister has bent the knee to King Robb Stark!

Lord Tywin (hoopsguy) is now a bannerman of House Stark.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #1437
MrBug708
Head Coach

Hmmm...that wasn't what I expected to happen..
Old 06-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #1438
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

That is quite the turn of events...
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #1439
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Additionally, Lord Tywin and King Robb have paid the honor price to cleanse Lord Tywin of his dishonor.

Lord Tywin Lannister is no longer an Enemy of the Realm.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 06-03-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #1440
hoopsguy
General Manager

Guess it beats having Dondarric or someone else try to sew my head back on ...
Old 06-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #1441
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

The Red Woman is gone, now we will see what kind of honor and strength Stannis has. Ser Davos must be happy to be rid of her.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #1442
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The Drowned Man of House Greyjoy has been sighted making its way to Winterfell.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #1443
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Now that you see your destiny as foretold by Melisandre is just another fairy tale, you have resorted to denial, Stannis?

FUCK EA
Old 06-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #1444
Autumn
Head Coach

The truth is Melisandre had served her purpose, and was a poor choice of casualties. Death comes in war, it is those who let their fears become their weakness who will lose.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #1445
Autumn
Head Coach

This is all a distraction from what the realm needs. What it doesn't need is another pretender to the throne. If an enemy of the realm is one who betrays his King, then we have one.

VOTE THEON GREYJOY/JULIO RIDDOLS
Old 06-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #1446
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
This is all a distraction from what the realm needs. What it doesn't need is another pretender to the throne. If an enemy of the realm is one who betrays his King, then we have one.

VOTE THEON GREYJOY/JULIO RIDDOLS

The boy was in essence a slave because our house was true to the realm and the Targaryens. The Mad King was just that, Mad, but clearly the end results of the affair that deposed him have not been in the best interests of the Seven Kingdoms. Make an enemy out of us if you wish.

Stannis, you have a reasonable claim to the throne, being the eldest brother of the late Robert. My only dispute is with the way the throne was won by Robert in the first place. Order must be restored.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #1447
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I have not betrayed my king, my king was always my father and I served him proudly, and still do to this day. I think it is foolish of you to lead the charge to claim me an enemy of the realm when you know our ships and perhaps others could be at your door in a moments notice. My father will not hesitate to give you peace.

FUCK EA
Old 06-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #1448
Autumn
Head Coach

I have met with no emissary of yours, Balon, nor have one to send you. But it seems my choice is between your bannermen or those of Robb Stark, who has fought at my side. An easy choice.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #1449
Autumn
Head Coach

I have stood true to my word and my allies every day, and I will continue to do so. The victory in battle was hard won, but it has restored my honor. I hope that those who stand on the sidelines in this game of thrones will help to put a man like me on the Iron Throne.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #1450
Zinto
College Starter

Does everyone realize that the deadline is in 20 mins. It seems like there has not been any votes other then the one Stannis has placed.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote