Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-16-2005, 02:41 PM   #1401
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm at work - will do this at home tonight if it is helpful, but I don't have a big enough block of time during work hours to run any kind of deep analysis. Checking a fact or two, I can cover. Updating voting patterns from last 5/6/whatever number of votes - can't get that during the day.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 03:00 PM   #1402
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday

I don't see how admitting to having an item clears him, but I guess that's just me.

You have to be part of the super secret club to know what I'm talking about. Since I assume you haven't sent me anything, you're not part of the super secret club.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:04 PM   #1403
hoopsguy
General Manager

I was really hoping that someone would come with some information earlier in the day that would reduce the semi-randomness of this vote.

I'm going to Vote Schmidty. I just can't get his voting patterns from Friday out of my head. First, his initial vote in the afternoon for RealDeal. At that point Vince had presented his evidence that Raiders was a wolf. A flurry of votes had come across for Raiders at that point, bringing the votes to a dead heat. There is a sixteen minute delay between the last post and where Schmidty posts his vote for Raiders with no explanation. After this he is online with an opportunity to change his vote before the 7PM deadline and does not post. He does post after 7PM before Peregrine reveals there was a tie from the ring. He is still online after this, but does not change the vote.

I know that I could vote for Eagles using the same logic. If there appears to be some kind of a run-off between Eagles and someone else not involving Schmidty I would change my vote to Eagles in order to make a difference in the votes. But I think at least one of these two is an enemy of the village. I hope that I'm getting a wolf with this vote but I'm not as certain as the last two days when we were closing in on Raiders.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:12 PM   #1404
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Wow, it's 4 pm and we only have three votes.

EaglesFan has an interesting voting pattern. He voted for RealDeal over RA (although with the avowal that he just wanted RD out because he thought he was a distraction), but then voted early for RA, casting the third vote after hoops and I kicked things off.

Superman=#54 cast the deciding vote for RA in the first time around, which would seem to put him in good shape. I'm not sure why he voted for Vince yesterday.

kingfc22 voted for RA on the first day and has a reasonable justification for voting Vince, although it was much too late to pull that off (and I think our participation was really too scattered on the weekend).

MrBug had an odd vote for ardent on CoA day, and then cast an early second vote for Vince (bringing it to 3 - 2 in favor of lynching RA) but was also the first to recant and switch to RA (going to 5 - 1 in favor of lynching RA).

Schmidty voted for RealDeal and Vince, only recanting the vote for Vince at a point where the count was 7 - 1.

It looks like the sorceror was able to fly under the radar yesterday, and there's been hardly anything to go on today.

I'm going to go with my immediate instince from when I was tallying, and
Vote Schmidty

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 04:16 PM   #1405
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm a villager. The fact that it's so obvious makes me suspect anyone that votes for me. At this point, Hoopsguy and his "detective skills/ reading skills" is a little annoying, so unless anyone has any other evidence:

Vote Hoopsguy
Old 08-16-2005, 04:17 PM   #1406
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The answer as to why I changed to Raiders Army is simple. I realized I was letting emotion (anger at RealDeal for acting like an idiot) override logic in voting for RealDeal the previous day. I decided not to repeat that mistake the next day.

I feel like I'm firing into the dark today, but I'm going with instincts here.

I vote Schmidty.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 04:20 PM   #1407
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Wow, not much voting yet:

Coffee Warlord - kingfc22
Superman - SnDvls
schmidty - hoopsguy, mr. wednesday, eaglesfan27
hoopsguy - schmidty
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 04:23 PM   #1408
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I'm a villager. The fact that it's so obvious makes me suspect anyone that votes for me.
The problem is, it's not obvious at all. There are suspicious patterns on two separate days, and I arrived at my decision independently of hoopsguy's vote -- although his comments reinforced my conviction.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 08-16-2005, 04:26 PM   #1409
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
The problem is, it's not obvious at all. There are suspicious patterns on two separate days, and I arrived at my decision independently of hoopsguy's vote -- although his comments reinforced my conviction.

If I have time, I'll defend myself. If not, I'll die I guess.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:28 PM   #1410
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Vote Schmidty

I usually don't need any reason to...but at least there's some theory behind it this time.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:28 PM   #1411
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

You've got a couple of outstanding votes that could make a difference, and I'm not firm on my vote if a better candidate comes up.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:29 PM   #1412
Schmidty
Coordinator

The fact that Eaglesfan just voted for me after his support for most of the game, seems to make him look very bad to me:

Vote Eaglesfan
Old 08-16-2005, 04:33 PM   #1413
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The fact that Eaglesfan just voted for me after his support for most of the game, seems to make him look very bad to me:

Vote Eaglesfan

Excuse me? I've never defended or supported you. I've voted similarly to you at times and defended my own vote, but I've never defended you. I don't know if you are a wolf or villager, but I'm going with my gut and voting for you.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:35 PM   #1414
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Quote:
I'm a villager. The fact that it's so obvious makes me suspect anyone that votes for me. At this point, Hoopsguy and his "detective skills/ reading skills" is a little annoying, so unless anyone has any other evidence:

Vote Hoopsguy

Being annoying doesn't make anyone a wolf, just annoying. Unless you have something more Schmidty you are still #1 suspect. I am not going to vote yet. I will wait until later to cast my vote.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 04:35 PM   #1415
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Excuse me? I've never defended or supported you. I've voted similarly to you at times and defended my own vote, but I've never defended you. I don't know if you are a wolf or villager, but I'm going with my gut and voting for you.

I suggest you read your prior posts in context. If I die tonight (which is fine to me), and everyone sees tha I'm a plain villager, YOU and Hoopsfan are the main suspects. That's alright to me.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:38 PM   #1416
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman=#54
Being annoying doesn't make anyone a wolf, just annoying. Unless you have something more Schmidty you are still #1 suspect. I am not going to vote yet. I will wait until later to cast my vote.

I'm a villager. I'm not like RD, and desperate to be vindicated, so I don't want to be "vindicated". If you vote for me, I'll be bummed, but a little happy.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:39 PM   #1417
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I find it very strange that SunDvls is voting for Superman, someone who I think acquitted himself pretty damn well in axing RA.

I don't expect there to be many votes following me here, and this is subject to change in case some seriously damning evidence comes in, (frankly, I don't want to hop on the Schmidty bandwagon because I highly doubt he's a wolf -- unless he's been converted), but....

Vote SunDvls

I'd like us to take a closer look at him tomorrow. (And get SunnyD a little more talkative.)
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 04:42 PM   #1418
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

That's an interesting point -- I will say, based on my pendant examination previously, SnDvls is not an original wolf. He could be a sorceror.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:43 PM   #1419
hoopsguy
General Manager

Schmidty, I'm really looking for something more concrete for my vote. I'm very ready to switch to a better option if you (or anyone else) can come up with a strong reason to suspect another party as a wolf.

As far as detective skills, we are all supposed to be working towards finding the wolves in order to keep our village intact. I'm trying to do this as quickly as possible, but obviously this is a game of very incomplete information. And no new information has come to light so far today
Old 08-16-2005, 04:48 PM   #1420
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

EaglesFan27 and ardent both bandwagoned onto Schmidty, which could prove interesting down the road. (For that matter, I started it, but I know I'm OK. )

The remainder is one-offs.

There's not a lot to gain from yesterday, with the RA vote being so obvious, but there are a fair number of people who voted for RealDeal or didn't vote for RA on Friday: EF27, CW, and Schmidty for RealDeal, myself for EF27, ardent for kingfc22, and MrBug for ardent.

I've talked about everyone else, but one name that came up is ardent; we've been satisfied that he wasn't a wolf, but that does make him a suspect for a new sorceror.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:50 PM   #1421
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm still suspicious of kingfc22, btw.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:53 PM   #1422
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
I find it very strange that SunDvls is voting for Superman, someone who I think acquitted himself pretty damn well in axing RA.

I don't expect there to be many votes following me here, and this is subject to change in case some seriously damning evidence comes in, (frankly, I don't want to hop on the Schmidty bandwagon because I highly doubt he's a wolf -- unless he's been converted), but....

Vote SunDvls

I'd like us to take a closer look at him tomorrow. (And get SunnyD a little more talkative.)

I'm here, just nothing to add really. I'm still suspicious of Superman. A wolf could hide out voting for RA very easily and who knows he could be a sorc. or a new wolf. He had unusual voting paterns so that is why my vote is there. I know he says I should check my radar, but I need more concrete prof for it.

Quote:
That's an interesting point -- I will say, based on my pendant examination previously, SnDvls is not an original wolf. He could be a sorceror.

Always have been a villager and still am. Thanks for still backing me up on this. I'll move my vote is someone comes up with another person who just sticks out as a wolf.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 04:56 PM   #1423
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Vote tally:

Superman - SnDvls
schmidty - hoopsguy, mr. wednesday, eaglesfan27, ardent
Eaglesfan - Schmidty
SnDvls - Coffee Warlord
Old 08-16-2005, 05:00 PM   #1424
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Anybody who voted for RA on Friday, given the evidence, gets a lot of bonus points from me; thus, I'm disinclined to vote for Hoops, kingfc22, SnDvls, or especially Superman=#54 today. I recognize that any of them could be a newly-minted sorceror, but along those lines we don't really have a whole lot to go on.

Old 08-16-2005, 05:14 PM   #1425
Schmidty
Coordinator

If the votes stands, I know know that we lose. I know that sounds sad and deparate, but...........I am right now. My daughter's about to wake up from nap, (3:30 p.m.) and if I have time, I'll give my thoughts.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:17 PM   #1426
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
If the votes stands, I know know that we lose. I know that sounds sad and deparate, but...........I am right now.
It's not definite, but you are correct that we would be in very bad shape; assuming that the Book last night was making another sorceror, rather than turning the sorceror into a wolf, we would be at 5 - 3 after the night actions; we'd need all of the villagers to align.

Old 08-16-2005, 05:18 PM   #1427
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, here's my problem: if I don't vote for you, who do I vote for? From my point of view, the best candidate is probably ardent.

Old 08-16-2005, 05:32 PM   #1428
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'm going to be gone for the next 1-2 hours. My vote is not firmly with Schmidty right now, the others I would consider are MrBug (less so), CW, and ardent.

Old 08-16-2005, 06:17 PM   #1429
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

There seems to be no solid evidence pointing at anyone. Schmidty seems to be the one that is currently in the crosshairs. I see no point in voting for someone else, unless some one has some solid evidence to point at another canidate. Sorry Schmidty.

Vote Schmidty
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 06:44 PM   #1430
Peregrine
Pro Starter

15 minutes to go, vote tally is:

Superman - SnDvls
schmidty - hoopsguy, mr. wednesday, eaglesfan27, ardent, Superman
Eaglesfan - Schmidty
SnDvls - Coffee Warlord
Old 08-16-2005, 06:46 PM   #1431
Schmidty
Coordinator

Hoopsguy has you all fooled. I'm too lazy to prove and busy, but you'll all be scrambling afte tonight's vote.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:46 PM   #1432
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm pretty worried about a bandwagon forming here - my initial vote was based on the idea that if I had to guess wolf then I would guess Schmidty over EaglesFan. But I also think there is a greater chance that he is a villager than Eagles. I feel fairly strongly that Eagles is working against the village. His style of play is so different than the last time he played werewolf, where he spent time thinking about the game/roles. That has been completely missing this game. I'm not sure if he is wolf or sorceror, but I think the likelihood of him being anti-village is higher than Schmidty.

I'm just not sure which way to go, since I don't know how many opponents we have. If there is only one wolf today and we get him we are in great shape. If we get a villager and have three foes we are in terrible shape.

Schmidty's claim that he knows we lose if we get him doesn't help me trust him - how does he know how many opponents we have?

Peregrine, do the wolves win when they have equal number of wolves+sorcerors to villagers? Or do they have to have equal wolves to villagers, with the sorcerors not being able to tip their hand?
Old 08-16-2005, 06:49 PM   #1433
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I've already said why my style is different. I was woefully wrong last time when I tried deeply analyzing everything. I'm still analyzing things, I just don't want to be the one responsible for convincing everyone to go down the wrong path. I cost us the game where SirFozzie won with my faulty analysis.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:49 PM   #1434
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Peregrine, do the wolves win when they have equal number of wolves+sorcerors to villagers? Or do they have to have equal wolves to villagers, with the sorcerors not being able to tip their hand?

Only wolves count for the final ratio. Sorcerors can become wolves in this game of course, and provide voting support and diversions, if the wolves can communicate with them.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:50 PM   #1435
hoopsguy
General Manager

And SunDvls is fairly high on my list of people I suspect of being a converted sorceror. His keeping the vote on Superman after the swing vote with Raiders seems very strange. Wednesday vouched for him the day after the conversion - if we assume that Wednesday is a villager and was telling the truth that does not clear Sun of being a sorceror. I don't really factor the Raiders call-out to him one way or another in this thought process, as it obviously was a calculated play by Raiders. I just don't know which way, so I'm not spending a ton of time pondering it.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:52 PM   #1436
hoopsguy
General Manager

Eagles, when you play to win there is a chance you are going to be wrong. Come on, you are smart enough to know this. You aren't fired from your job for being wrong here. Your wife doesn't leave you because you get worked over in werewolf games at FOFC.

Do I have to break into the Matt Damon speech to Robin Williams about losing his wife and dating again?
Old 08-16-2005, 06:53 PM   #1437
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, thanks again Peregrine. So we are not losing the game with today's vote. But with the ratio continuing to shrink we have to be damn good if we end up lynching an innocent man tonight.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:55 PM   #1438
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I still haven't received a vote from MrBug, unless I'm missing something
Old 08-16-2005, 07:00 PM   #1439
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Eagles, when you play to win there is a chance you are going to be wrong. Come on, you are smart enough to know this. You aren't fired from your job for being wrong here. Your wife doesn't leave you because you get worked over in werewolf games at FOFC.

Do I have to break into the Matt Damon speech to Robin Williams about losing his wife and dating again?

You obviously don't know my wife

Seriously, I haven't posted long posts analyzing things but I have been thinking a lot. I'll gather all of my notes and post something later tonight.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:01 PM   #1440
hoopsguy
General Manager

Gametime - I hope too lazy to defend = wolf without numbers. But I'm worried that it does not.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:05 PM   #1441
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Final voting:

Superman - SnDvls
schmidty - hoopsguy, mr. wednesday, eaglesfan27, ardent, Superman
Eaglesfan - Schmidty
SnDvls - Coffee Warlord

Not voting: MrBug708 (I'm not pleased about no votes this late in the game.)

The villagers mill around in confusion today, not seeming to have a good idea who to accuse. A few votes coalesce around Schmidty for less than strong reasons, and people pile on having nothing better to do. Schmidty was lynched, he was an innocent villager.

Schmidty possessed the Ring of Wisdom, which has now been lost.

Night 7 - there are 9 of you left

kingfc22
sundvls
Coffee Warlord
eaglesfan27
hoopsguy
Mr. Wednesday
MrBug708
Superman=#54
ardent enthusiast

Lathum - Lynched Day 2 - villager
blade6119 - Lynched Day 4 - villager
Henry296 - killed Night 4 - villager
BrianD - killed Night 3 - villager
digamma - Lynched Day 3 - werewolf
fouts - Poisoned and died Night 3 - villager
schmidty - Lynched Day 7 - villager
dubb93 - killed Night 2 - villager
vince - killed Night 6 - villager
Qwikshot - Lynched Day 1 - Sorceror
RealDeal - Killed Night 5 - villager
Jeff061 - Killed Night 1 - Sorceror
Raiders Army - Lynched Day 6 - werewolf

Night actions in by midnight.

Last edited by Peregrine : 08-16-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:08 PM   #1442
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Darn it. We lost another villager
Old 08-16-2005, 07:14 PM   #1443
hoopsguy
General Manager

Schmidty, I'm sorry that it worked out this way. If I had been home a little earlier tonight I would have tried to see if people would move to EaglesFan. Would have been interesting to see who moved and who attacked the logic. But without a smoking gun I'm not sure my vote switch would have triggered any significant late movement.

OK, lets see what else there is to work with in preparation for tomorrow:
Another potential reason for SunDvls to have been converted to sorcerer - posting about his silver. If they want another Book quickly why not try to convert someone who has admitted to having at least half the silver required to buy it?

I still don't know who the wolf is, but I strongly suspect that Eagles and SunDvls are working against us. With Eagles/Schmidty, I speculated a couple of times that I didn't think they were both against the cause - didn't make sense for the bad guys to have their moves mirror each other, particularly in public like that vote was. But I obviously picked the wrong horse to vote for initially today and a bandwagon emerged
Old 08-16-2005, 07:15 PM   #1444
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I'm telling you Superman is hiding something, what I don't know, but why do you all keep defending him? His tactics have been to confuse you all and it's working. If we lose one more villager tomorrow we're done. We need to get a wolf or sorc. tomorrow period.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:17 PM   #1445
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
OK, lets see what else there is to work with in preparation for tomorrow:
Another potential reason for SunDvls to have been converted to sorcerer - posting about his silver. If they want another Book quickly why not try to convert someone who has admitted to having at least half the silver required to buy it?

I spent my silver after posting that, that night FWIW

Last edited by SnDvls : 08-16-2005 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:18 PM   #1446
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola,

I thought after I posted the amount I had I'd be a target so I purchased something to help me.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:26 PM   #1447
hoopsguy
General Manager

That would be really great news, Sun. However, we haven't seen you use anything yet that helps the village. If you purchased it a couple of nights ago then you should have had some opportunity to use the purchase.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:27 PM   #1448
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Sorry, Schmidty.

Guys, we're in a world of hurt here.

Old 08-16-2005, 07:29 PM   #1449
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Dola, here's my problem: if I don't vote for you, who do I vote for? From my point of view, the best candidate is probably ardent.
You seriously concern me with throwing my name out there. I'd be willing to pay for a year of Hattrick Supporter if it turns out I'm anything but a villager. Now, if they turn me after today, the deal is off...but, as of today, I'm still a villager. Put your money where your mouth is. If I'm not a villager, you buy me a year of supporter.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:31 PM   #1450
Poli
FOFC Survivor

VOTE Mr. Wednesday