Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-11-2008, 11:02 AM   #1401
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Bucket List - 9/10

I had reservations going in and watching this movie, thinking it may end up being too preachy for my tastes. I was pleasantly surprised by the film, however, and was glad to have watched it. I actually cried a bit towards the end... good movie.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #1402
korme
Go Reds

Hard Candy (2006) - First off, thanks directly to this thread for all of the reviews. Frankly, an uncomfortable movie to watch beginning to end. The whole scope and concept is mind-boggling and there is no protagonist here. I am not sure if the $2.49 ($7 at BB w/$5 coupon) was worth the purchase - I don't even know if I could sit through that again! Wow. This is a movie I'm going to make my friends watch. 8/10
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #1403
samifan24
Pro Starter

Funny, a friend recommended Hard Candy to me last week. But then another friend told me he had to turn it off. I haven't seen it yet and am not sure I want to anyway. I understand the basic gist of the movie and I know which scene in particular made my friend turn it off.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:59 PM   #1404
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Has no one mentioned The King of Kong?

See this movie.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:36 PM   #1405
Groundhog
Coordinator

Thanks for pointing that movie out TH... I'd never heard of it. Looks awesome. It's released over here on the 28th.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:15 AM   #1406
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD View Post
Has no one mentioned The King of Kong?

See this movie.

Uhh two pages back.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...postcount=1331
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:47 PM   #1407
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I actually watched King of Kong on Saturday. I guess I'd rate it an 8.5 or 9 out of 10. It was quite entertaining, but the people seemed soooooo dorky I couldn't tell if it was real or a mockumentary until I looked it up. It was pretty amusing.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #1408
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
I couldn't tell if it was real or a mockumentary until I looked it up.

That's the beauty of it, that you just don't know either way.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #1409
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Breach 7/10

the fact that it was a true story helped. For being a suspense movie it was missing some of that and instead focused on relationships....which was fine but I felt, considering this was the largest spy scandal in our nation's history, it couldve been more suspenseful.

Watched this on HBO last night, and while it was a pleasant surprise based on my expectations, I agree with what you said. Chris Cooper is just damn good though.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:27 PM   #1410
Lorena
Unregistered

Dolemite - 7.5/10

The slow motion karate moves are ridiculously funny. There's this one scene in particular where Dolemite goes to kick the cop in the face and misses but the cop still goes down. It's as if they did one take and just went with it.

Human Tornado - 8.5/10

I enjoyed this much more than the original Dolemite. The best part was the last battle scene where he whoops some ass slow motion Kung-Fu style.

Last edited by Lorena : 02-12-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:53 PM   #1411
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Dolemite - 7.5/10
Human Tornado - 8.5/10

I enjoyed this much more than the original Dolemite. The best part was the last battle scene where he whoops some ass slow motion Kung-Fu style.

Is that the one where he gets tricked into taking PCP and hallucinates that he's seeing his mother, until he uses his kung-fu grip and slo-mo tricekry to flatten the baddies, whilst screaming "YO NOT MY MAMA!"?

I think I may be getting confused with 'Avenging Disco Godfather'.......so many fine Rudy Ray Moore vehicles to choose from.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:02 PM   #1412
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Is that the one where he gets tricked into taking PCP and hallucinates that he's seeing his mother, until he uses his kung-fu grip and slo-mo tricekry to flatten the baddies, whilst screaming "YO NOT MY MAMA!"?

I think I may be getting confused with 'Avenging Disco Godfather'.......so many fine Rudy Ray Moore vehicles to choose from.

AHAHAHAHA, no, neither of those are it but if it's on Avenging Disco Godfather.. it's going on my Q right now Hell if it's not on there, I'll keep renting Dolemite movies until I find it.

Dolemite mutha-FUCKA!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 11:36 PM   #1413
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
AHAHAHAHA, no, neither of those are it but if it's on Avenging Disco Godfather.. it's going on my Q right now Hell if it's not on there, I'll keep renting Dolemite movies until I find it.

Dolemite mutha-FUCKA!!!

Your original domelite post would have been classsic if you had posted your Human Tornado review in the next post, starting with "dola..."

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:18 PM   #1414
JS19
College Prospect

What's the verdict on We Own the Night?? Wanted to see it in theatres, totally forgot about it since, now I feel I gotta go get the DVD. Big fan of Wahlberg and Phoenix.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:38 AM   #1415
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
What's the verdict on We Own the Night?? Wanted to see it in theatres, totally forgot about it since, now I feel I gotta go get the DVD. Big fan of Wahlberg and Phoenix.

I liked it enough to pick it up on DVD. I'm not a big Phoenix fan at all, but i thought he was great in this. It's a solid movie.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:39 AM   #1416
Johnny93g
College Starter

I finally got to see Michael Clayton. While i agree it is a good movie, i don't see it seriously challenging for a best movie oscar. I would rank it 4th out of the 5 nominee's. The ending is very satisfying though.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:50 PM   #1417
path12
Coordinator

La Vie En Rose -- 7/10 All I knew going into this movie was that the lead actress was nominated for an Oscar. The movie is in French with subtitles, and is about the life of singer Edith Piaf. Wow, what a tragic life she led. Overall I enjoyed it, though the movie does a fair amount of jumping around between periods, which can be confusing for someone like myself that didn't really know anything about her. And I would have loved to have subtitles during her songs, to know what she was saying. But those quibbles aside I liked it, and Marion Cotillard did a really good job.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:25 PM   #1418
watravaler
High School JV

There Will Be Blood (7/10)

As many have said, DDL is probably the best in the business right now. The story isn't too enthralling by any stretch of the imagination, but the mise-en-scène is simply remarkable...
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:51 PM   #1419
korme
Go Reds

Bought We Own the Night (along with Assassination & Gone Baby Gone) so I'll be watching that tonight... I'm guessing it'll be a decent flick.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:50 PM   #1420
rowech
Pro Starter

Definitely, Maybe -- Valentine's promise to the wife. Shockingly, I actually enjoyed it. Really liked Ryan Reynolds in it and Isla Fisher (I think that's her name) looks really good in it! Plus the girl from Little Miss Sunshine definitely adds some comedy as well. One of the better romantic comedies I've seen in a while even though it dragged a bit near the end. (8/10)
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:55 PM   #1421
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I was sick most of the week so it gave me chance to watch a few favorites:

Having watched Ocean's 13 a couple of times recently, went back to...
Ocean's 11: 9/10 (one of my all-time favorites)
Ocean's 12: 6.5/10

I also listened to the audiobook of The Perfect Storm that was just released on iTunes. Great, great audiobook experience (even though I had read the book before). Then watched the movie again...
The Perfect Storm: 5.5/10 (somehow didn't like it nearly as much as I did the first time, probably due to having just listened to the book)
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #1422
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

7.5/10

Just watched this on HD-DVD

If I had a word to describe it, I would say exaggerated
a pretty good movie just not one with a real lot of depth.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:34 PM   #1423
Calis
College Starter

Saw Kiss Kiss Bang Bang the other night thanks to the praise earlier in this thread. Very fun movie, I loved the dialog and Downey/Kilmer both were fantastic. Good stuff.

Watched Assassination of Jesse James tonight and really loved it. I'd put it up among the best I've seen this year, I really enjoyed it..but I'm also a sucker for anything western-ish. Great performances all-around, and the dialog was much wittier than I expected, I was chuckling quite a bit at the movie. Very haunting movie though.

I guess if I was rating them I'd give Kiss Kiss about an 8.0 and Jesse James a 9.0 or maybe even 9.5.

Last edited by Calis : 02-15-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:48 PM   #1424
korme
Go Reds

Look up idiot in the dictionary you know what you'll find

A picture of me?

No, the definition of the word idiot - which you FUCKING are!
Old 02-15-2008, 10:59 PM   #1425
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis View Post
Saw Kiss Kiss Bang Bang the other night thanks to the praise earlier in this thread. Very fun movie, I loved the dialog and Downey/Kilmer both were fantastic. Good stuff.

Watched Assassination of Jesse James tonight and really loved it. I'd put it up among the best I've seen this year, I really enjoyed it..but I'm also a sucker for anything western-ish. Great performances all-around, and the dialog was much wittier than I expected, I was chuckling quite a bit at the movie. Very haunting movie though.

I guess if I was rating them I'd give Kiss Kiss about an 8.0 and Jesse James a 9.0 or maybe even 9.5.

"I... I pissed all over her body..."

BWAHAHAHAH.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:03 PM   #1426
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
"I... I pissed all over her body..."

BWAHAHAHAH.

Classic.

"Can they do, like, an ID from that?"
Old 02-15-2008, 11:19 PM   #1427
korme
Go Reds

Actually he just is like "I..uh.. I peed on her!"
Old 02-15-2008, 11:23 PM   #1428
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Just watched I Am Legend

I really liked it, thought they could've done a little more at the end, but overall a very good movie for me.

I'd give it a 9/10. (Speaking of, I wish Netflix ratings were based on 10 stars, and not 5. A movie like that is better than a 4, but not a 5... And I have a lot of movies in the 3 star category that I would much rather rate a 5/10 up to a 7/10...a 5 being an eh it was ok, 7 being yeah it was good- probably won't watch it again though.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:53 PM   #1429
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Jumper - Incomplete

I cannot rate this movie. 90 minutes go by, and you're basically like...did I just watch a whole movie? It COULD be good. It's just...wayyyyyy too fast and absolutely incomprehensible due to that fact.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:42 AM   #1430
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
7.5/10

Just watched this on HD-DVD

If I had a word to describe it, I would say exaggerated
a pretty good movie just not one with a real lot of depth.

I haven't seen the HD version, but 300 is an artsy-type of movie. Not a lot depth, like you say, but it's beautiful to look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post
I'd give it a 9/10. (Speaking of, I wish Netflix ratings were based on 10 stars, and not 5. A movie like that is better than a 4, but not a 5... And I have a lot of movies in the 3 star category that I would much rather rate a 5/10 up to a 7/10...a 5 being an eh it was ok, 7 being yeah it was good- probably won't watch it again though.

Yes, I totally agree. The hardest thing for me is rating 3 or 4 stars. Like Dolamite for example, I gave it a 3, but it was worthy of a 3 and a half... not a 4, but a 3 and a half would be just about right. I hate how we can't rate half stars either.

Last edited by Lorena : 02-16-2008 at 04:43 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:57 AM   #1431
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Juno - 9/10

Good movie. Just suffers from Dawson's Creek-itis. 16 year olds speaking like... well, mature individuals. But I understand the oscar nod... it's one the most subtly funny yet touching movies I've seen
Old 02-16-2008, 12:45 PM   #1432
korme
Go Reds

We Own the Night (2006) - Phoenix and Wahlberg are brothers. Wahlberg, along with pop (Duvall) are cops, and Phoenix is a manager at a poppin' night club. Their lives are intertwined when busts need to go down where Phoenix works... he has to make some decisions when things get hairy. It was an ok flick, lacking on dialogue, decent action. Expected better I guess. 6.5/10
Old 02-16-2008, 01:59 PM   #1433
Pyser
Pro Rookie

most of you guys hand out great ratings like candy.

makes me appreciate critics more
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #1434
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
most of you guys hand out great ratings like candy.

makes me appreciate critics more

I know for me, I rarely watch anything that I don't feel will be worth my while. Typically, a movie must get at least a 70% on Rotten Tomatoes for me to even see it.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:46 PM   #1435
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I know for me, I rarely watch anything that I don't feel will be worth my while. Typically, a movie must get at least a 70% on Rotten Tomatoes for me to even see it.

I'm the same way, I always check Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB, and a couple message boards for word of mouth before I see a movie. I usually am pretty certain going in that I'll like it, just a matter of how much.

I'm the same way with books, games, music, and about anything.

Reading up about them is half the fun.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:03 PM   #1436
Izulde
Head Coach

Atonement - 6.5/10
Overall, a decent movie. Kiera Knightley is enjoyable as always and I actually liked the frequent shifts in time, location and perspective, some of which are deliberately confusing and get resolved by later scenes. A few moments of dark comedy as well that had the audience laughing. Beautiful picture, too. I seriously love the cinematography and editing in this film, especially the war-related scenes.

Now, that being said, I would not call this a great flick. It tries -too- hard to be an intellectual movie, the child characters strike me as a bit -too- precocious for their age groups and the ending felt terribly tacked on and cheesy. Picture of the Year worthy? Hell no. But it's a good rental and a perfect budget theatre viewing, which is where I saw it.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:37 PM   #1437
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Atonement - 6.5/10
Overall, a decent movie. Kiera Knightley is enjoyable as always and I actually liked the frequent shifts in time, location and perspective, some of which are deliberately confusing and get resolved by later scenes. A few moments of dark comedy as well that had the audience laughing. Beautiful picture, too. I seriously love the cinematography and editing in this film, especially the war-related scenes.

Now, that being said, I would not call this a great flick. It tries -too- hard to be an intellectual movie, the child characters strike me as a bit -too- precocious for their age groups and the ending felt terribly tacked on and cheesy. Picture of the Year worthy? Hell no. But it's a good rental and a perfect budget theatre viewing, which is where I saw it.

Not going to comment on much else, as I agree with a lot of what you have here (although I graded it out better). That said, I wasn't shocked about the precociousness of the kids at all. It was pretty clear all of these kids were part of Britain's noble gentry and what not and very well off.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #1438
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm the same way, I always check Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB, and a couple message boards for word of mouth before I see a movie. I usually am pretty certain going in that I'll like it, just a matter of how much.

I'm the same way with books, games, music, and about anything.

Reading up about them is half the fun.

My wife hates that part of me because I do the same thing. I never buy a book in a bookstore the first time. If it looks interesting, I go to Amazon, read some about it, and then make the decision.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:14 PM   #1439
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is just.. brilliant. If Downey wasn't a cokehead, we'd be talking about him as one of the greatest actors ever.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:41 PM   #1440
st.cronin
General Manager

I don't understand some of you people. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was thoroughly mediocre.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:20 PM   #1441
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

No Country For Old Men (7/10) Okay, a lot of people who think they are smarter than me (and probably they are) love this movie. It's the same sort of people that say Children of Men is brilliant, another IMO flawed movie with some good characteristics. This is the same. The characters are exquisitely drawn out and well-acted. Some terrific dialogue in this one. The bad guy (well, the baddest baddie) is scarier than the boogeyman and just about as unstoppable. But at some point late in the movie you're asking yourself why you took this ride? Why did the movie makers make you care about anyone in this (and they do)? And then they sorta leave you hanging, searching for an answer with finality. I guess the Coen brothers made this for ultra-smart-people who have it all figured it out. I must not make the cut because I only wanted to know why it couldn't have ended with more answers than questions.

I'm glad someone else wrote my exact review on this, it saves me some time.

Same feeling I've had with every Coen movie except Fargo. There's some GREAT stuff here, but those great parts don't add up to the sum of a satisfying movie for me.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:26 PM   #1442
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I don't understand some of you people. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was thoroughly mediocre.

Oofta. I think Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is a fantastic movie. I couldn't care less about Robert Downey Jr., Val Kilmer, or Shane Black, but I think this movie was done fantastically. The premise was ridiculous, but the dialogue was, as they'd say on the football manager boards "ffffffffffb"
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:39 PM   #1443
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Not going to comment on much else, as I agree with a lot of what you have here (although I graded it out better). That said, I wasn't shocked about the precociousness of the kids at all. It was pretty clear all of these kids were part of Britain's noble gentry and what not and very well off.

Ah. The girl I could believe, but I didn't catch that the other three (the redheads), were nobility, so it was just kind of like "eh?"

And yeah, I tend to be a little stricter with ratings than most people in this thread. In fact, I don't believe I've posted a 10 review yet.

Of course, I've also watched a -ton- of movies that I haven't given my review on... though I keep meaning to write more reviews.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:23 PM   #1444
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Saw a couple new films the past two days...

The Spiderwick Chronicles (7/10) FTR, I never read the books, so this is a non-fanboy review. I felt it was decent. It had an interesting story. But in the end, I couldn't help it was a sorta mishmash of all the other child fantasy movies that have come out of late (HP, Narnia, Lemony Snicket, Golden Compass, etc. etc.). That might be just me starting to feel passé about these sorts of movies. And frankly, this one had a smaller special effects budget, IMO. Some of those other movies not only had the usual good vs evil stuff and root for the kids against danger element, but also had some fantastic special effects and beautiful scnenery. This one had all that to some extent, but not nearly as fantastic. I thought the best part for me was I felt all the kids were well-written and well-acted, which I think is hard to do (writers being so far removed form being kids, as they usually are). Oh yeah, and Mary Louise Parker is still hot.

P.S. Main reason i saw this one forst of the ones I went to was to see the new Indiana Jones trailer and it rocked. They even have done a good enough makeup job on Ford that he looks closer to his self around the Last Crusade times.

Definitely, Maybe (8.5/10) I expected sappy romantic comedy, and certainly got that. But the reviews suggested there was more to it, and they were right. A lot of nice moments in this one, and funny, too, although there were only a couple a teams I would say I really broke out laughing. Most of the time, though, it's a movie that keeps you intrigued (sorta afternoon soap opera style) and mostly smiling. Ryan Reynolds does a terrific job, and so does Isla Fisher and the daughter (Abigail Breslin). Sometimes the daughter came across a little too smart. Still, I enjoyed it. Definitely (no maybe) you can take your S.O. to this onbe and enjoy it with her (or him).

Last edited by Chief Rum : 02-17-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:46 AM   #1445
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Juno - 9/10

Good movie. Just suffers from Dawson's Creek-itis. 16 year olds speaking like... well, mature individuals. But I understand the oscar nod... it's one the most subtly funny yet touching movies I've seen

I would have to agree...9/10 and the dialogue at times also reminded me of Dawson's Creek. Regardless, very much enjoyed the movie from start to finish. Love the "Indy" soundtrack, too.

As the offspring of a Juno/Bleeker encounter, this one hit very close to home. I know when my birthmom went through what Juno went through, times were much, much different. My birthmom's parents were nowhere near as supportive and she wasn't allowed to attend school as long as she "looked" pregnant. Times definitely have changed.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:41 AM   #1446
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Michael Clayton gets the nod from me for one simple reason: it delivers at the end. The trip in each of the other two was phenomenal (probably overall better than MC), but the end left something to be desired.

You didn't think There Will Be Blood delivered at the end? What the hell did you want them to do, a song and dance number? That makes no sense at all.

DRAINAGE!
Old 02-18-2008, 07:39 AM   #1447
Logan
Head Coach

Watched Juno last night too and was disappointed about the lack of Michael Cera in the movie. I guess I just figured he'd be used more.

J.K. Simmons, as always, rocked.

8/10
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:15 PM   #1448
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
You didn't think There Will Be Blood delivered at the end? What the hell did you want them to do, a song and dance number? That makes no sense at all.

DRAINAGE!

Oh, it delivered an ending, no doubt about that. I didn't like it, and not sure how it fits. The brilliance is, I guess, over my head.

Since I didn't like it, thus downgrading the movie.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 02-18-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:51 PM   #1449
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So I guess my line you quoted should be more like, "It delivers an ending I like and understand and fits within the context of the movie and doesn't leave the audience unsatiated or unresolved."

Which is all sorta why There Will Be Blood and No Country For Old Men wouldn't get my Best Picture nod if I had a vote.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:47 PM   #1450
Calis
College Starter

I just finished watching Eastern Promises.

Good flick, there were portions of it I didn't care for story-wise and I think it had potential to be a lot better than it was, but Viggo was excellent in it as well as the guy that played Kiril and Naomi Watts. The big fight scene was pretty jarring to say the least, but I thought overall it was a pretty interesting movie, but didn't quite reach the level of History of Violence imo.

I guess I'd give it a 7.5 or so.