Old 07-10-2007, 08:36 PM   #1401
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hoops, are you going with NTN?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:38 PM   #1402
hoopsguy
General Manager

I guess, but want to go through the posts looking for "tie" references first. Still not locked in on him as the bad guy.

NTN passed me a sleeping potion - why wouldn't they keep it around to try and monkey with a vote late? Chief passed me Mushrooms yesterday, giving me one of the two ingredients I needed for a potion, so both have used passing to potentially build trust. As did Ardent ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:42 PM   #1403
Barkeep49
Coordinator

As far as I know the tie mechanism was unknown publicly until Alan published it on Day 4 or 5.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:42 PM   #1404
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I take it you've completely ruled out path then?
Old 07-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #1405
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Also, I've got all these ingredients and no potion to make. I'm tempted to just destroy them rather than risk them falling into the bad guy's hands tonight as there doesn't appear to be any real potion i can make with yellow flower, cactus bulb, newt tail, and mercury.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:45 PM   #1406
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Also I hope things are OK with CR since he seemed to indicate he'd be around this afternoon and hasn't been.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:47 PM   #1407
hoopsguy
General Manager

First request on ties, by AE at Post #614:
Quote:
What happens in a tie? NM, I'll look it up.

He follows up on Post #619:
Quote:
I can't find anything on a tie.

Rum forces a tie in Post #630, one minute before deadline:
Quote:
I have to vote now, assuming Alan cuts it off at 10 EST, even if he's not here. It' sbetween Lathum and BK. I will stick with my suspicions from yesterday.

VOTE BARKEEP

Swaggs and AE come in a minute later, each voting for Lathum. What are the odds that AE and Chief would act on different people to bust up the tie potential? Given the late votes, it could have been inadvertant. But if you believe AE knew the answer to his questions, then he was not working with Chief at this time.

VOTE NTNDEACON
Old 07-10-2007, 08:49 PM   #1408
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I take it you've completely ruled out path then?

For today, at least, yeah.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:55 PM   #1409
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hmm, I'm wondering what kind of voting hijinks are coming. Not a lot of players left, but is Chief planning on swooping in late to force a tie?

If there was a conversion last night, or even a day earlier, then it would be pretty easy to mess up this vote and get the 1:1 ratio, given the lack of attendees here.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #1410
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I feel like voting ntn is an early game vote. I don't think he's NOT a wolf but I don't think he really is either. I still kind of feel sad it looks like path is innocent since I'd been so convinced for so long.

Vote ntn
Old 07-10-2007, 09:00 PM   #1411
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hmm, I'm wondering who dies tonight in the event that we are wrong here.

I agree that I'm a long way from comfortable with the vote.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:01 PM   #1412
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Deadline
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #1413
hoopsguy
General Manager

And now we wait for Alan. This feels very lame compared to the weekend action. Or even yesterday, thanks to RendeR's performance over the last few hours.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #1414
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

this game is getting slow and yet i am still intrigued by it
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:03 PM   #1415
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

i am suprised not all 5 alive people are here.. did all 5 of y'all vote?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:04 PM   #1416
hoopsguy
General Manager

Not Chief Rum, who didn't make it here today at all.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:08 PM   #1417
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Today starts off rather slugishly, almost as if everyone was sleeping in. At times the silence was so deafening it was almost like you could hear the ghosts within the hall speak from the grave. Most feel that the school masters would have been proud of the cooperation and effort that was put together here in order to find the two sect members thus far. How many more remain now however?

It appears as if no one is beyond suspicion, however the attention seems to lock down to two people, Chief Rum and Ntndeacon. A few of you go back and forth, trying to decide which is the one to go for.. Finally Hoopsguy makes the choice to step forward and starts walking towards ntndeacon with the intent to kill him.

Ntndeacon's eyes show fear.. .no not fear.. desperation.. He reaches frantically into his bag for something and pulls out a potion. Hoopsguy was just too quick for him however, and slaps the potion out of his hand. Hoopsguy grabs Ntndeacon by the hair and throws him down on the floor. Instead of killing him outright, he rips off the sleeves of Ntndeacon's shirt revealing a symbol of that belonging to a sect member. Hoopsguy nods knowingly and ends it right there. He sticks a knife deep into Ntndeacon's heart, leaving no doubt of his death.

Suddenly, you hear a large thud from outside of the great hall. The doors swing widely open, allowing light to sweep into the greathall. In comes a few of the school masters as well to survey the scene. They nod knowingly to you that remain, and the eldest of the bunch speaks," It was a great evil that you have defeated this day. All of time will remember what happened this week in these halls. It will take us quite some time to rebuild these schools, but at least we will be able to rebuild them thanks to you."

Final vote:

(3) ntndeacon - path (1379), hoopsguy (1407), barkeep (1410)
(1) Chief rum - ntndeacon (1388)

No vote: Chief Rum

Game over, the Students have won!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to thank everyone for the game, it has actually been one of my most enjoyable to host. I don't think there was a day that I was bored, and I thought several of you made exceptionally great reads and made outstanding plays.

I am really interested in people's comments about the game, the game balance, the enjoyment of the game and other such things. I actually had people tell me both the game was favoring the wolves and the game was favoring the good guys, so I am curious what others think. I think the bad guys were really close to winning, and an amazing amount of luck turned the game around for the good guys and they rolled from there.

I think there were really some quite strong good guys left at the end of the game the last few days and they put together great analysis after the lucky Ardent vote. I also think the bad guys played a good game, but had a few mistakes that cost them. (The biggest being when Render destroyed ingredients before he died rather than passing them to ntndeacon. That prevented them from being able to create the potion that would be able to convert someone)

I'll post all of the details of what went on behind the scenes, but I would like to thank everyone (good and bad alike) for a great game, I loved the enthusiasm Render had when he was dead in the water, I really didn't think anyone had a bad game per say. Was alot of fun to host.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:10 PM   #1418
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Yauy we won.... I can't believe NTN was a bad guy this whole time
Old 07-10-2007, 09:11 PM   #1419
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

So uhm yah, hoops, sorry I thought you were bad the whole game
Old 07-10-2007, 09:11 PM   #1420
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Night room choices:

Library - 1/8th chance of finding a spell, 5/8 chance of finding a recipe, 1/4 chance of finding nothing.

Storage room - 3/4 chance of finding an ingredient, 1/4 chance of finding nothing

Kitchen - 1/2 chance of finding item, 1/2 chance of finding nothing.

Great hall - randomly identify information regarding one of the potions/spells/recipes/magical items in your inventory. Also tell you if you are afflicted with any latent enfeeblement (ie: poison)

Each consecutive night that you spent in the same room, you gained 1/8 chance of success. Once you pass 100% chance, you end up being 100% on the first and have a new chance at finding a second object depending on which room you were in.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:15 PM   #1421
hoopsguy
General Manager

Nice - glad that we were able to finish it off. I'll be interested to hear who NTN would have gone after with the conversion if it were an option.

From where I sat, it didn't feel like the items et all had as big an impact on the game as I expected them to have. I thought the spells, potions, and items would be flying fast and furious from Day 3 on. Was this a byproduct of random.org not spitting out the right ingredients or was it by design?

It was fun actually trusting Barkeep (90%, at least) for a couple of days. It has been awhile since we were on the same side in a game and had that luxury.

I thought Pass played a really good game, as others have noted. He seemed to release info at just the right time and I obviously appreciated that he swapped his vote from me to AE on Day 4.

Thanks to the bad guys for using me as a patsy instead of killing me early. It was fun, in a twisted way, having to work so hard this game.

Lathum, I've already said it in the thread and via IM but I'm very sorry for the screwup that contributed to your lynching.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:15 PM   #1422
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Thanks for running the game Alan. I wish I had been able to focus more but I was at my in- laws for most of it.

I must admit at first I was pretty pissed the way hoops falsely accused me and everyone followed him.

As soon as Render voted for me that day I knew he was a bad guy.

I think the game got interesting in the end but IMHO took to long to develop, it would have been neat from both sides to see more potions used earlier with a better understanding.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:16 PM   #1423
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
So uhm yah, hoops, sorry I thought you were bad the whole game

Bah, I don't listen to anything you say anyway But that Barkeep, now he is a guy that I'll follow
Old 07-10-2007, 09:16 PM   #1424
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Spells: (each only available one time per game)

Protect - If you learned this spell, you would have a nightly bodyguard action to protect someone each night from any action against them (good or bad). You could never guard the same person again however. Once you guard them once that was it for the game.

Mind Read - If you learned this spell, you could scan one person each night to learn their intentions (ie: if they were good or bad), and what their inventory was. You could only scan each person once the entire game.

Death - If you learned this scroll, you would gain a night kill action each night. This would stack with the normal sect member night kill action. This could be usable by good or bad.

Remove Poison - If you learned this scroll, you would be able to remove 1 person's poison each day of the game.

Command - If you learned this scroll, one time only during the game you could command everyone else to vote for one person (ie: duke action)

Illumination - If you learned this scroll, you could one time only during the game protect the entire room at night, and prevent any night action happening (good or bad) within that room.

---------------------

The only scroll learned during the game was Lonestargirl learned the remove poison spell, and unfortunatly (or fortunatly), no one ever put together any kind of poison weapon.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:17 PM   #1425
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

I must admit at first I was pretty pissed the way hoops falsely accused me and everyone followed him.

See hoops, even lathum said people follow you for no reason
Old 07-10-2007, 09:17 PM   #1426
st.cronin
General Manager

Lonestargirl made a post the other day, something like "RendeR, ardent, and ntn have been lurking for a long time without posting anything." Blew my mind.

Watching this game from the sidelines was like watching that Oilers-Bills playoff game, where the halftime score was something like 35-3 Bills, and then the Oilers won.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:17 PM   #1427
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

From where I sat, it didn't feel like the items et all had as big an impact on the game as I expected them to have. I thought the spells, potions, and items would be flying fast and furious from Day 3 on. Was this a byproduct of random.org not spitting out the right ingredients or was it by design?

It was mostly bad luck.. there were alot of ingredients out there that could have made various potions, but those wernt the recipes that you all learned. I would say that you all probably had 50% of the recipes, and a good number of items, but just not the ones that matched up. I'll go over that next post.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:18 PM   #1428
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Night room choices:

Library - 1/8th chance of finding a spell, 5/8 chance of finding a recipe, 1/4 chance of finding nothing.

Storage room - 3/4 chance of finding an ingredient, 1/4 chance of finding nothing

Kitchen - 1/2 chance of finding item, 1/2 chance of finding nothing.

Great hall - randomly identify information regarding one of the potions/spells/recipes/magical items in your inventory. Also tell you if you are afflicted with any latent enfeeblement (ie: poison)

Each consecutive night that you spent in the same room, you gained 1/8 chance of success. Once you pass 100% chance, you end up being 100% on the first and have a new chance at finding a second object depending on which room you were in.

Nice, so I had a 3/64 chance of whiffing my first three nights in the kitchen. Did RendeR really have a hard time finding items there as well?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #1429
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Magical items: (4)

Poison knife (kills player the next night after the attack, one time use, grants additional night action) - Poison potion + ceremonial dagger
acid knife (kills player instantly, one time use, grants additional night action) - vitriol + ceremonial dagger
Holy Shield (bodyguard) - Holy water + wooden shield
Crystal ball (seer) - invisible powder + globe

----------------------------------

The interesting thing is that the Bodyguard role could have been in play, however of all people to have gotten the ingredient needed for it, Render was the one with the Shield. That was a big plus for the bad guys as it kept a big villager role away for the most part of the game. All of the other magical items were missing something, for the most part due to horrible luck people had in the kitchen in finding items.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #1430
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Lonestargirl made a post the other day, something like "RendeR, ardent, and ntn have been lurking for a long time without posting anything." Blew my mind.

Watching this game from the sidelines was like watching that Oilers-Bills playoff game, where the halftime score was something like 35-3 Bills, and then the Oilers won.

Woohoo somebody finally notices my mad werewolf skills
Old 07-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #1431
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
See hoops, even lathum said people follow you for no reason

I'll keep posting my whack theories, and if people follow them it is their fault Also, I'll try not to fire on you Day 2 next game - at least Day 3, if the wolves let me live that long.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:22 PM   #1432
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nice, so I had a 3/64 chance of whiffing my first three nights in the kitchen. Did RendeR really have a hard time finding items there as well?

Render found the shield, LSG found the globe in there. Your luck was amazingly bad though. You were really close to the 100% chance the next night when you gave up. However with the globe and shield out already, all you would have found would be a ceremonial dagger.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:22 PM   #1433
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

Ummm.. I think you got that backwards
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:26 PM   #1434
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Frankly with this structure I'm not surprised the spells and potions didn't play a large effect and it's why only though really good luck did we win. I mean frankly AE was more a fluke than deduction. I really feel like the wolves deserved to win this one.

But I do agree that it was nice being on the side of good with hoops for a couple of days. We haven't talked WW in a while and it was nice being able to do so with someone I relatively trusted.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:26 PM   #1435
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm just about positive my wife would not have picked up on that result being backwards. Or even recalled the game.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:26 PM   #1436
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:

You know what is funny... I said that on Sunday and we ended up killing Ardent that night, Render the next, and NTN the next. They were online for like 30 minutes that day and none of them posted anything. I should really pay attention to things like that, but I dont. Which is why I will never be as good as Hoops
Old 07-10-2007, 09:26 PM   #1437
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Potions (16):

Antidote (cures poison) - yellow flower, Grapes
Silencing potion (prevents player from posting in thread the next day, or making any potions/magical items, or using any scrolls. ) - Peppers, mold
*Poison potion (kills player the next day after usage) - poison flour , mercury
silent oil (allows you to follow someone's actions for the night) - olive oil, beeswax
blinding potion (removes sight for the night, prevents any night actions) - peppers, mushrooms
invisible powder (allows you to spy on one person's location at night) - artificial lens, ground up glass fiber
health boost (survive night attack if done by mundane means (no magic involved)) - parsley , lizard tail
vitriol (instantly kills someone) - 2 cactus bulbs
holy water (protects good guys for two nights, or would kill a sect member) - spring water (special container)
sleeping potion (prevents someone from voting or doing any day actions the next day) - chamomile, mushrooms
paralyze potion (prevents someone from taking a night action) - soured milk, mercury
potion of persuasion (Forces someone to vote the way you want them to) - newt tail, olive oil
potion of illusion (pretend to be someone else that evening) - newt tail, ground up glass fiber
potion of inspection (displays the posessions of the target) - artificial lens, beeswax

Only one of each of the following two can be made:
*Mind Control (conversion) - newt tail, dark tea leaves
Eternal bond potion (pink) (modified brothers role) - vine, newt tail

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only the eternal bond potion, blindness potion and holy water was created. There were however enough ingredients out there to make several vitriols, antidote, silencing potion, paralyze potion, potion of inspection, and mind control potions
Old 07-10-2007, 09:27 PM   #1438
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
I'm just about positive my wife would not have picked up on that result being backwards. Or even recalled the game.

you're married?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:28 PM   #1439
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

barkeep you could have made vitriol... that would have been awesome to have
Old 07-10-2007, 09:29 PM   #1440
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Aw man. I could have killed someone. That would have been fun.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:29 PM   #1441
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
barkeep you could have made vitriol... that would have been awesome to have
JINX!
Old 07-10-2007, 09:31 PM   #1442
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

She's probably not from Buffalo
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:32 PM   #1443
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
you're married?

Yep, she is currently sleeping on the coach next to me. If you want to check her and our new baby out visit http://easysite.com/addisonelizabeth.

The two of them are a real drag on my WW time - I blame them 100% for my slow start this game
Old 07-10-2007, 09:35 PM   #1444
path12
Coordinator

Man, am I glad that's over.

Hoops and Barkeep, I was absolutely convinced at various times of your being bad, as you were about me. I'm glad we were able to work together this afternoon......the analysis really left only ntn out there.

Good game, Alan. I'll echo the thought about the items not coming into play as much -- I think it was going to be pretty hard to put the right information together in a WW situation where people usually don't want to give up info early. Nice twist.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:35 PM   #1445
st.cronin
General Manager

The lynch of ardent has to be the strangest lynch I've ever seen in WW. It came out of nowhere, and really nobody actually believed in it.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:36 PM   #1446
hoopsguy
General Manager

So, I guess NTN and Ardent both gave me items during Night 3 as a thank-you for my shoddy play
Old 07-10-2007, 09:40 PM   #1447
hoopsguy
General Manager

It is kind of interesting that the wolves more or less hunkered down and collected their own items, without a big effort to get public trust.

Path, FWIW I only accused you of doing what I would have tried to do as a wolf this game. I thought you were one of a few people as wolves who would 1.) let me live for awhile as a villager 2.) work towards trust publicly. Ardent was on that list as well, but he didn't weird me out early in the game - only when he swung on Day 4 did he elevate from middle-of-the-pack for me.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:41 PM   #1448
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
The lynch of ardent has to be the strangest lynch I've ever seen in WW. It came out of nowhere, and really nobody actually believed in it.

And without it the wolves would have won fairly easily.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:41 PM   #1449
hoopsguy
General Manager

RendeR, thoughts on your first game as a wolf? What side do you want to be on next time out?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:45 PM   #1450
RendeR
Coordinator

Being a wolf was awesome. In my first 2 games I was a seer both times. In the second two just a plain villager. Having the seer ability was great, but being a wolf seriously kicks ass. Best role possible. IMO. Hopefully I didn't screw it up too badly in my first try! I think the luck was on the students side twice in this game and made a huge difference. First the utterly unreal lynching of Ardent, which as Cronin said was just freakish. Secondly our choice to kill one of the bonded people was a mistake, though only trial and error would show that. Giving away the second wolf the next day spelled doom for NTN. I really loved this type of game. The rooms and items and such really added an interest point in my opinion.

Last edited by RendeR : 07-10-2007 at 09:50 PM.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote