Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #101
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Yeah, for ST Louis. That's who Jeff Fisher wants as his DC.

I saw the name Gregg Williams earlier in this thread and I thought.. please don't be the Gregg Williams Fisher wants as his DC.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #102
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
SF would scare me, because their defense is outstanding and consistent and their team plays extremely disciplined. With a defense like Green Bay has, it would likely end up being a very similar game to this one.

The Saints scored 32 points on that defense despite committing 5 turnovers. The Packers don't turn the ball over and they'll be playing at home. I like their chances if they can get by the Giants who pose a much greater threat on offense.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #103
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
The Saints DC is probably going to need to pack his things after the plane ride.

This is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't situations. People always bemoan the prevent defense, but should they have used it here? He stayed aggressive those last 2 drives and it bit him, but to give credit where it's due Smith made some money throws as well.

Tough decision on how to play it either way.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #104
TroyF
Coordinator

The Bronco offensive line is playing like garbage. 3 pass attempts and the pocket has completely collapsed twice. With the Patriots scoring at will, the line must play better.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #105
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I saw the name Gregg Williams earlier in this thread and I thought.. please don't be the Gregg Williams Fisher wants as his DC.

That style won the Saints a Super Bowl where he shut down the Colts to win it. I don't think you'll be that upset with him.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #106
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Tebow sacked, fumbles the ball,
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #107
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

This game just needed Gus Johnson announcing in the last 5 minutes.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #108
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Hernandez is the pats best rb
Old 01-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #109
TroyF
Coordinator

I don't mind Hernandez getting carries. He isn't a running back. I firmly believe he'll fumble if they keep this up. The problem is it won't matter because Denver will be down 28-0 by the time it happens.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #110
TroyF
Coordinator

The defense isn't bothering to show up at all. This is just brutal. I know Brady is terrific, but the Broncos aren't even taking away his #1 read. He's looking at one guy every play and carving them up. The one good thing about Tebow's run is that Denver will take defense in the draft instead of QB. They need more players on that side of that ball.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #111
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
This game just needed Gus Johnson announcing in the last 5 minutes.

Not worth having him for the first 55 minutes.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #112
TroyF
Coordinator

That's a horrible call. Not that it matters, but the ball was clearly moving after it hit the ground. I don't understand that one at all.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #113
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
This is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't situations. People always bemoan the prevent defense, but should they have used it here? He stayed aggressive those last 2 drives and it bit him, but to give credit where it's due Smith made some money throws as well.

Tough decision on how to play it either way.

I think constantly leaving Davis in single coverage when he had more than twice the yards of the next closest Niners receiver (who happened to be Gore) was fatal. Double him up, nobody else was beating them.

And besides, pretty sure they were playing single coverage bump and run with a cover 1.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner

Last edited by Grover : 01-14-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #114
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

The Patriots might score every drive tonight.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #115
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post

Yeah, this is gonna be ugly.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #116
Dutch
"Dutch"

Fumble or was forward progress stopped?
Old 01-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #117
Dutch
"Dutch"

lol...
Old 01-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #118
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

And on some of the Broncos drives too.

The Broncos line is just getting abused. I mean, they can't block anyone right now.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #119
TroyF
Coordinator

For the love of God. Tebow makes a perfect throw and it's a flat out drop.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #120
Dutch
"Dutch"

Tom Brady's mom called said wrap this up quick, Miss America Pageant on in 30.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #121
TroyF
Coordinator

Well, that was a huge play.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #122
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Tom Brady's mom called said wrap this up quick, Miss America Pageant on in 30.

Shut up, mom!
Old 01-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #123
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Aaron Hernandez: TE, RB, LB ...
Old 01-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #124
Senator

must convert - must
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 01-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #125
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

QB draw, thats my call
Old 01-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #126
TroyF
Coordinator

Tebow is actually having a pretty solid day throwing the ball. I knew the Patriots would force them to throw the ball underneath and he's been fairly accurate with those throws, hitting guys in stride. That last drive ended because of a Thomas drop on a perfect throw. That was a huge third down throw there.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #127
TroyF
Coordinator

TD Donkies. Woo hoo.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #128
Senator

It almost seems wise to bracket the TE's of NE but that leaves Welker one one one, so wow...

NE defense says, ok, nothing long, make him drive the field. Good strategy.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #129
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
It almost seems wise to bracket the TE's of NE but that leaves Welker one one one, so wow...

NE defense says, ok, nothing long, make him drive the field. Good strategy.

Great strategy. I figured that would be the strategy too. Who cares if you give up some 11 or 12 yard runs, make the Bronocs drive down in bits and pieces. They haven't shown the ability to do that consistently all year.

As for the Denver defense, I'm really not sure what they are doing now and I'm not sure they know what they are doing. Their only chance is to tackle well and get pressure on Brady. They aren't doing either (credit to the Pats O line for the second part)

Huge dropped INT there. Ugh. And a stop. Woo hoo.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #130
TroyF
Coordinator

That was horrific by Royal there. Catch the ball at the 11. Pats already had plenty of guys back. You just cost the team 6 yards and now put them near the goal line. Be smart.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #131
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Huge dropped INT there. Ugh.

Those are killers when you are that kind of an underdog. You just aren't going to get that many opportunities against the Patriots but when they are there you have to take them.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #132
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Just got back from the 49ers game. Other then the famous Giants game and the Packers game that ended with a TO touchdown catch - that was the best game I've been to. The stick was rocking!!!!!
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #133
Senator

Quote:
That was horrific by Royal there. Catch the ball at the 11. Pats already had plenty of guys back. You just cost the team 6 yards and now put them near the goal line. Be smart.

I have seen some really poor decision making on special teams the past few weeks. Guys running it out 6 yards deep on kickoffs and getting nailed at the 10, or return men letting it bounce instead of doing their job and fair catching it, getting their team pinned. I have seen my brother go postal on his high school team for things like that, much less at this level.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #134
TroyF
Coordinator

I'm sorry, that's too conservative there. I'm an advocate of throwing the ball more on first down. But when you actually get a stop against the Pats, you have to be aggressive there. Running three straight times and out is not a smart move.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #135
TroyF
Coordinator

Just what Denver needs, some injuries in the secondary. Bush got his first major action last week. (was special teamer until then) Last week he plays in the dime and now he's our safety against Tom Brady. Yikes.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #136
Senator

I think the Broncos best bet is a 3 man front.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #137
TroyF
Coordinator

Broncos continuing to rush three guys. I don't usually like that strategy, but maybe they have to do something to slow these guys down.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #138
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
I think the Broncos best bet is a 3 man front.

I think as a changeup, but I just can't see it working long term. I think the key there was being so conservative on offense. I just don't think this Denver team can keep up with the Patriots if they are trying run, run, run.

You have nothing to lose at this point. Let Tebow throw the ball and what happens, happens.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #139
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm amazed that Simms can commentate with Brady's cock deep in his mouth.

(Not that Brady isn't awesome)
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #140
Senator

Field position destruction

Old 01-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #141
TroyF
Coordinator

whew. Thank you Branch, for acting like a Denver WR.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #142
Senator

Broncos O needs to go for it.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #143
Senator

Somehow getting into the halftime at 21-14 would be huge. Down 28-7, not so much.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #144
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Somehow getting into the halftime at 21-14 would be huge. Down 28-7, not so much.

yeah, would have been huge to cut the lead.

A pretty sad game from the OLine tonight. Not on the runs, but they aren't protecting Tebow at all. The pocket has consistently collapsed from all sides. With Tebow, all you have to do is block one side well and he can move away from the rush. When the entire pocket gets wiped out, he isn't going to have a chance.

I really thought the line would play better tonight. Didn't think we'd have a chance in hell of winning the game, but I thought the OLine would at least give Denver a chance. Not happening.

Combine that with the defense getting torched and NE goes to the AFC Title game.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #145
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That's gonna leave a mark.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #146
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Denver must've drank the wrong witches brew.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #147
Dutch
"Dutch"

Boring game, i feel like I'm watching the Bucs...can't take much more of this.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #148
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
The Saints scored 32 points on that defense despite committing 5 turnovers. The Packers don't turn the ball over and they'll be playing at home. I like their chances if they can get by the Giants who pose a much greater threat on offense.

Yeah, but every offense poses a great threat against the Packers defense. Just sayin. I still predict a very similar game if they do meet up.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #149
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Colquitt is punting like a girl today.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #150
Senator

3 more points for NE before half?