Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-31-2008, 09:58 PM   #101
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Didn't you already figure this out? You said above you dropped a player with a salary. I guess even though he isn't on your roster anymore, he is still a part of your player expenses for this year.

I thought so, but how am I able to get under the cap if it will not take them off of my expenses?
Commo_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:06 PM   #102
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Didn't you already figure this out? You said above you dropped a player with a salary. I guess even though he isn't on your roster anymore, he is still a part of your player expenses for this year.

But he wouldn't show up on the salary cap figure.

They have until the start of the season to get under the cap. This was just the cap check.

I'm running stuff now.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:06 PM   #103
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
I thought so, but how am I able to get under the cap if it will not take them off of my expenses?

If you release them, they'll be off your cap. Player expenses is different than the cap and all it does is make you pay them, but they come off the cap.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:11 PM   #104
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
If you release them, they'll be off your cap. Player expenses is different than the cap and all it does is make you pay them, but they come off the cap.

Well, then , we're back to the question of how Commo's numbers are different. If it's the released player thing, why is he being shown as over the cap?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:12 PM   #105
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

That is the problem I have no idea who makes what since my salary report says I am on the dot. In fact out of the top teams all are under except Compton at 65.6 million and Valdosta at 65.55 million when you look at all levels.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:14 PM   #106
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I've calculated the cap the same way each season using the same figure from the same place.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:15 PM   #107
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Ok, I finally found out why I am above. It is because I brought up all my minor-league contracts due to spring training.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:19 PM   #108
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've calculated the cap the same way each season using the same figure from the same place.

Hmm, why are you having to calculate the cap? The game doesn't do this itself?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:27 PM   #109
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

After reviewing this I think we should look at the salary reports as well and add up any players making money in the minors. There were only about 4 teams, but their salaries do not show up on your cap number because they are not on the active roster and this could be a way to stash players and circumvent the cap.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:35 PM   #110
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Packing and uploading the file now.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:36 PM   #111
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
After reviewing this I think we should look at the salary reports as well and add up any players making money in the minors. There were only about 4 teams, but their salaries do not show up on your cap number because they are not on the active roster and this could be a way to stash players and circumvent the cap.

Hmm, but I know that's not always true. A couple of the big contracts I handed out on first joining the league didn't end up being such good contracts, and I had them in the minors for the last couple of years of those deals. I remember seeing those ugly contracts on my salary list every year they were there, lol.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:36 PM   #112
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Hmm, why are you having to calculate the cap? The game doesn't do this itself?

I'm not "calculating" anything. I read what the game says player payroll is at, using where it's located on the financial report generated by the game.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:39 PM   #113
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

The game calculates an active roster payroll number that separates it from the minor league salaries. I think that we'll start using that number, rather than the one we've been using. I wanted to do this in the past, but at the time, I was afraid it'd look like a self-serving measure to keep Compton under the cap.

Given the current status of things with more teams having the problem, it seems that would be a smarter way to go and it would be less rancor incurring a decision to make.

I'll show a screen shot of what I'm talking about, after the file goes up, because I don't have access to do that right now since it's packing.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:42 PM   #114
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The game calculates an active roster payroll number that separates it from the minor league salaries. I think that we'll start using that number, rather than the one we've been using. I wanted to do this in the past, but at the time, I was afraid it'd look like a self-serving measure to keep Compton under the cap.

Given the current status of things with more teams having the problem, it seems that would be a smarter way to go and it would be less rancor incurring a decision to make.

I'll show a screen shot of what I'm talking about, after the file goes up, because I don't have access to do that right now since it's packing.

I know what you were talking about now, it was just that I did not factor in the minor league contracts.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:44 PM   #115
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
I know what you were talking about now, it was just that I did not factor in the minor league contracts.

Well it won't be a problem in the future. We'll only calculate the cap using the active roster figure starting on opening day. So it'll just count the 25-man roster and that'll be it, so that'll keep it simpler for everyone.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:49 AM   #116
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

But, DC, if we do that, doesn't the scenario put up by Commo_Soldier here then become a firm reality? I would want avoid this practice. Buying minor league players is no longer so common a practice as it was. Minor league contracts should not be large as a matter of natural course, and I think they should count against the cap.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:47 AM   #117
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ahh man, I didn't even think about the fact that bringing guys up for spring training was going to affect cap numbers.. sometimes I hate this game.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:42 AM   #118
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Oh, it doesn't seem like a big deal after all. When I demote the players back to AAA after spring training, it brings my salary back below cap again. For a second I was afraid that this game was really stupid in how it handles spring training salaries.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote