Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-19-2007, 01:47 PM   #101
dervack
College Prospect

Something I always can't remember. How many people are usually on the Jury and is there a chance that James is going to be one if he in fact is the next person voted out?
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:48 PM   #102
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack View Post
Something I always can't remember. How many people are usually on the Jury and is there a chance that James is going to be one if he in fact is the next person voted out?

In seasons where Survivor had a final 2, 7 people were on on the jury. In seasons where Survivor had a final 3, 9 people were on the jury.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:54 PM   #103
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I rewatched Survivor online because part of it was preempted by storm coverage where I live and did anyone notice that in the preview for next week,

Spoiler
Old 10-19-2007, 03:31 PM   #104
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I rewatched Survivor online because part of it was preempted by storm coverage where I live and did anyone notice that in the preview for next week,

Spoiler
Really? I watched the preview, too and
Spoiler
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:50 PM   #105
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Really? I watched the preview, too and
Spoiler

Spoiler
Old 10-19-2007, 03:57 PM   #106
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Would it be possible for people to put a mini-description of what they're referring to when they use a spoiler tag? There's a big difference between "speculation about what happens next week based on the commercial" and "I just read a leak about who wins, and it's... "
Old 10-19-2007, 04:16 PM   #107
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Would it be possible for people to put a mini-description of what they're referring to when they use a spoiler tag? There's a big difference between "speculation about what happens next week based on the commercial" and "I just read a leak about who wins, and it's... "

I read them and it's all speculation about what's presented in the previews. No big spoiler of the leak type in there...

FM
Old 10-19-2007, 05:06 PM   #108
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
In seasons where Survivor had a final 2, 7 people were on on the jury. In seasons where Survivor had a final 3, 9 people were on the jury.
So, that likely means only 2 finalists and James will not be a part of the jury. Thanks.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:03 PM   #109
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
I read them and it's all speculation about what's presented in the previews. No big spoiler of the leak type in there...
Me too, they seemed like they'd be harmless. But I could see us all getting burned down the line.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:11 PM   #110
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, I just watched this show and it was maybe one of the worst ever.

James and aaron got totaly fucked, no way to sugar coat it. Nothing pisses me off more then when people throw a challange and those girls attitude made me sick. I give James all the credit in the world for making his speech at the end.

That being said I think the producers will find a way to keep James on the show
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 12:24 AM   #111
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

He should kill them while they sleep.

"What do you do?"
"I bury people"

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:34 AM   #112
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
OK, I just watched this show and it was maybe one of the worst ever.

James and aaron got totaly fucked, no way to sugar coat it. Nothing pisses me off more then when people throw a challange and those girls attitude made me sick. I give James all the credit in the world for making his speech at the end.

That being said I think the producers will find a way to keep James on the show

Yes, this was definately one of those episodes where you wished it was interactive and we could reach through the TV and punch those girls in the face.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:34 AM   #113
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Every season they change something up. Remember the season where they merged but stuck with team immunity and screwed the one girl who tried to jump ship? This show has shown over and over again that when players start making plays based on what they EXPECT to happen, the producers will mix it up on them. Every time. Either they'll keep shuffling tribes, or they'll screw with the merge, or they won't merge at all, or something else is coming. The end result is you find your 2 or 3 and stick with them to the end no matter what. That's the only strategy that works.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:35 AM   #114
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Every season they change something up. Remember the season where they merged but stuck with team immunity and screwed the one girl who tried to jump ship? This show has shown over and over again that when players start making plays based on what they EXPECT to happen, the producers will mix it up on them. Every time. Either they'll keep shuffling tribes, or they'll screw with the merge, or they won't merge at all, or something else is coming. The end result is you find your 2 or 3 and stick with them to the end no matter what. That's the only strategy that works.

Very true.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 12:47 PM   #115
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Exactamundo - he gets it.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:00 AM   #116
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

w00t! James lives!

Todd just moved up to second on my favorites list. Shame that neither of the throwing two was booted but Sharea going is a nice consolation.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:56 AM   #117
rkmsuf
Head Coach

was that not the dumbest strategy ever to give the guy the immunity thingy?
Old 10-26-2007, 08:04 AM   #118
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post

especially since they had to know there was one at the other camp. Simply had to tell James to go take it off the wooden thingie and be done with it, no? James even made a comment that he would come and get the other one at his camp and he would have both in his possession...

Anyway, very happy that James is still in the game but poor him, he had it rough in that dang eating challenge. Stupid lunch lady made him chew on some, spit them back, chew on them again before he simply said screw it, I'll eat them...

Following the "bitch" talk we had in the Kid Nation thread, I think Courney would fit my definition of bitch. Man what a pain in the ass...

FM
Old 10-26-2007, 08:15 AM   #119
rkmsuf
Head Coach

She looks a tad "difficult".

If I'm James why would I agree to throw the challenge in the first place. Keep the idol, get the other one and start exerting some influence instead of letting the wonder twins run things. For some reason those two annoy me.

I'm rooting for JR. Viva la poker jerkhead.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:02 AM   #120
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

am I the only one who thinks they are acting way out of line towards John Robert?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:14 AM   #121
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
am I the only one who thinks they are acting way out of line towards John Robert?

well, he is obnoxious and he has himself stated that his "strategy" was to be lazy at first and then start to work more and more so that people would think he is improving. I guess he's not making his point subtly enough...

FM
Old 10-26-2007, 11:24 AM   #122
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

You missed the episode where he and James (mostly him to James) were talking about how great it would be to come out of Survivor "with a million dollars and a piece of a..." with Courtney in earshot. And where he was trying to cuddle with all the girls so he could "stay warm" despite their refusals.

Of course, then you've got Courtney, etc fawning over James when he drops trou to get a shower, thus making her a complete hypocrite...
Old 10-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #123
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Courtney is the single most annoying and repulsive contestant on Survivor ever. I'd sooner snuggle up with Johnny Fairplay.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:57 AM   #124
rkmsuf
Head Coach

she needs to lose weight
Old 10-26-2007, 11:58 AM   #125
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Courtney is the single most annoying and repulsive contestant on Survivor ever. I'd sooner snuggle up with Johnny Fairplay.

QFT
Old 10-26-2007, 01:07 PM   #126
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post

Nope. You have numbers on your tribe to vote off Sherea or Frosti. James doesn't and there's no guarantee he'd get the idol in time. Also, there's the element of surprise. There's little chance he would be able to get the idol without the three stooges finding out. If he already has one, then he can pop it on them at tribal council.

On another note, Jean-Robert is sitting pretty right now. He's angling for the "best guy to take to the finals". I doubt they vote him off at this point. Also, why the hell would you vote him out and leave Sherea (or Courtney) there? He and Eric are the only ones that can challenge James physically, and you'll need to off James before the finals.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:11 PM   #127
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Well good move then. Now James and one other person on the other team will have immunity idols when they merge. Sounds like a great strategy to me.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:39 PM   #128
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well, I'd think that Flight Attendant boy would've been smart enough to lay claim to at least one of the immunity idols. Plus, he had no way of knowing what will happen in the future. He made a plan, it didn't work. Better than possibly losing James and going to the merge 5 on 5.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:27 AM   #129
wade moore
lolzcat

So I'm finally playing catchup on the thread because I was behind on the show..

How has no one mentioned that they MAGICALLY had brand new clothes a couple of episodes ago?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:29 AM   #130
wade moore
lolzcat

Dola: And I could watch this show until the end of time if it was 60 minutes of Amanda walking away from the camera. Yum.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 10-27-2007, 10:22 AM   #131
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
So I'm finally playing catchup on the thread because I was behind on the show..

How has no one mentioned that they MAGICALLY had brand new clothes a couple of episodes ago?!

I don't think they were brand new clothes. I think those were their bathing suits for the swimming challenge.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:05 PM   #132
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Is anybody curious what happened to Sherea behind the scenes? She was an unbelievable bitch the last few episodes especially to JR and I don't think we ever saw what provoked her. Did they not show her being miserable all the time, or did something happen to set her off?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:10 PM   #133
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I missed a couple of episodes, and didn't catch James' speech.

Sounds like I missed something, anybody sum it up for me?
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:11 PM   #134
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Oh and I was glad to see Sherea go. She was pretty darned annoying, almost as bad as Courtney.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 04:18 PM   #135
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Is anybody curious what happened to Sherea behind the scenes? She was an unbelievable bitch the last few episodes especially to JR and I don't think we ever saw what provoked her. Did they not show her being miserable all the time, or did something happen to set her off?

You need to read her diary.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:38 PM   #136
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I don't think they were brand new clothes. I think those were their bathing suits for the swimming challenge.
They're wearing them around camp and in non-swimming challenges now.. they had previous water/wet challenges where they had to wear their underwear.

They magically appeared.

Quote:
Old 10-28-2007, 12:05 AM   #137
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Dola: And I could watch this show until the end of time if it was 60 minutes of Todd walking away from the camera. Yum.

Fixed that for ya
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:35 AM   #138
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
They're wearing them around camp and in non-swimming challenges now.. they had previous water/wet challenges where they had to wear their underwear.

They magically appeared.

I'm sure Gandalf didn't appear and wave his wand. Maybe Dumbledore though, since Todd might have called upon him.

Seriously, there are some screenies of Jaime on Survivor Sucks that show how....bushy....she is. She looks like she's got a nut down there. Anyhow, I'd think the bathing suit would force it in better than her undies.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:03 AM   #139
Swaggs
Coordinator

Do we know for certain that Todd gave James the idol from his camp?

I think they kind of left it open-ended, by making it seem like they believed that the idol at the other camp was in the same location and that James would go back to get that one.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:18 AM   #140
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:

They magically appeared.
They just gave them the change of clothes they had all packed, but weren't allowed to take at the beginning (when they had to start with whatever they were wearing to the temple).

Pretty predictable, no?
Old 10-28-2007, 07:58 PM   #141
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
They just gave them the change of clothes they had all packed, but weren't allowed to take at the beginning (when they had to start with whatever they were wearing to the temple).

Pretty predictable, no?
I figured that was the case, but they never actually SAID that, did they? It's weird.

Quote:
Old 10-28-2007, 08:52 PM   #142
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
I figured that was the case, but they never actually SAID that, did they? It's weird.
Not really, they have to fit three days of shooting into every hour-long episode. If they didn't think it was interesting enough to show, they wouldn't bother.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #143
Jas_lov
College Starter

"This is not an immunity idol."

Anyone else burst out laughing when Jeff threw it into the fire and then they showed Jamie's reaction? LOL!
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:33 PM   #144
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
"This is not an immunity idol."

Anyone else burst out laughing when Jeff threw it into the fire and then they showed Jamie's reaction? LOL!

I loved it.

I also thought her exit interview was hysterical when she said she was to nice for survivor, yet she therw a challange to get someone booted then laughed about it at tribal council.

Really nice.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:48 PM   #145
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I loved it.

I also thought her exit interview was hysterical when she said she was to nice for survivor, yet she therw a challange to get someone booted then laughed about it at tribal council.

Really nice.

Me too. Yeah, the other thing is that she said that she didn't think that James was trustworthy when she was the one who threw the challenge and then went through his personal bag.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:52 PM   #146
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

great point
Old 11-01-2007, 10:30 PM   #147
Galaril
Pro Starter

I am so glad that lying whore is gone.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:47 PM   #148
Ironhead
College Prospect

The only thing better than that non-idol being played would have been that fake coconut idol from last year being used.

Courtney has absolutely zero redeemable qualities even after all of this time. I really hope either her or Jean Robert goes next week.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:03 PM   #149
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

That has to be one of the best scenes on Survivor...ever!!!
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #150
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think at some point John robert becomes the swing vote