Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-17-2009, 12:59 PM   #101
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Trying to decide on a defense.. Have Bears currently.. really worried about a meltdown of their d now..

Seattle/Atlanta/Colts/49ers

(I preface this with saying the bears d was dropped in my league this week, i snapped them up, but not feeling really good about them currently)
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #102
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
I think that im not gaining a TON to go from Jones to Turner considering ATL's schedule. While Im downgrading a TON from White to Maclin. no?

This is exactly how I view that deal.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:02 PM   #103
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone View Post
Trying to decide on a defense.. Have Bears currently.. really worried about a meltdown of their d now..

(I preface this with saying the bears d was dropped in my league this week, i snapped them up, but not feeling really good about them currently)

I like Atlanta, especially this week going up against Jake Turnover.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #104
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:

I picked up Atlanta, they should have a field day against the Panthers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #105
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Urlacher is not as integral to the performance of Lovie's defense as you might think. Yes, his leadership will be missed, but he's not the most talented of the linebackers (that's Lance Briggs). Where he'll be missed is covering athletic TEs down the middle of the field.

The Bears D will feast or famine depending on the performance of Marinelli's defensive line.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #106
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
The Bears D will feast or famine depending on the performance of Marinelli's defensive line.

Their pad level and gap assignments should be awesome!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #107
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'd say the bears will give up roughly 17 points to the Steelers and probably force 2 turnovers. I don't think they'll score on special teams, although it's certainly a possibility. The Steelers won't be able to run on them, but the 5 wide passing sets will be hard for the Bears to contain.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:46 PM   #108
sooner333
College Starter

This seems like a really silly question, but given Brees' success last week against Detroit, is there any reason to start Favre over Manning (@ Miami)?
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:31 AM   #109
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
This seems like a really silly question, but given Brees' success last week against Detroit, is there any reason to start Favre over Manning (@ Miami)?

No - You have to start Manning here IMO

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:33 AM   #110
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Non-PPR standard scoring

Driver vs Cinci or Ocho @ GB?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 09-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #111
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post

The only time you bench Manning is during his bye week. Even with less talent around him than in past years, he is a starter every week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #112
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Non-PPR standard scoring

I'd say Ochocinco over Driver.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #113
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Non-PPR standard scoring

If the Packers still had Al Harris and Charles Woodson pressing on the line all the time, I'd actually consider Driver here. But from what I could tell from last week's game against the Bears, Capers' defense calls for the corners to drop off the line a bit more. This'll give Ocho the free release he needs to be effective (assuming Palmer stays upright).
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 09-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #114
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Dola.

Matt Forte vs. Steelers (with no Polimalu) or Ronnie Brown vs. Colts? (TD-heavy league...no PPR).
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 09-18-2009, 08:52 PM   #115
dervack
College Prospect

Typical league, must start 3;

Roy Williams vs Giants
Patrick Crayton vs Giants
Santonio Holmes at Bears
Harvin at Det
TJ at San Fran
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:18 AM   #116
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Need to pick one:

Cadillac @ Buffalo
Sproles vs. Baltimore
McFadden @ KC
Hightower @ Jac

Leaning towards McFadden, mostly because I'm afraid of Sproles against that Raven's D.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:26 AM   #117
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Dola.

Matt Forte vs. Steelers (with no Polimalu) or Ronnie Brown vs. Colts? (TD-heavy league...no PPR).

Forte probably, but it's close. I think they'll try to work him in more but the matchup is bad. I'm very down on the Dolphins this year.

Quote:

Roy Williams vs Giants
Santonio Holmes at Bears
Harvin at Det
TJ at San Fran

Roy E., Santonio and TJ.

Quote:
Cadillac @ Buffalo
Sproles vs. Baltimore
McFadden @ KC
Hightower @ Jac

McFadden is your best bet but I think Sproles and Williams are not bad as starts either.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:06 AM   #118
miked
College Starter

Man, I suck...I gots to pick two between:

Kellen Winslow vs BUF
Josh Morgan vs. SEA
Mark Bradley vs. OAK
Mario Manningham vs. DAL

I also have Ginn vs. IND, but he sucks.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:36 AM   #119
Racer
College Benchwarmer

.5 PPR, fractional scoring 1 point per 20 yards receiving/rushing, and 6 points for all touchdowns

Pick 2

Matt Forte (vs. Pit)
Ray Rice (@ San Diego)
Carnell Williams (@ Buf)
Michael Bush (@ KC) (not that it matters but my opponent is starting Darren McFadden)
Beanie Wells (@Jac)

I would normally go with Forte and Rice, but I really don't like Forte's matchup. Touchdowns make up a pretty big piece of the piece in this scoring system and Pittsburgh gave up just seven touchhowns last season (as well as only 3.3 ypc).

Last edited by Racer : 09-20-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:43 AM   #120
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Dola.

Similar dilemma for me. The Colts held MJD in check last week, but the Steelers held RBs in check all of last season. Since your league is touchdown heavy (and the Steelers only gave up 7 rushing touchdowns last season), I'd probably go with Brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack View Post

Roy Williams vs Giants
Santonio Holmes at Bears
Harvin at Det
TJ at San Fran

I go Williams, Holmes, and Housh if Housh is playing. If Housh isn't playing, I might roll with Harvin over Crayton since Harvin is playing against the Lions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
Need to pick one:

Cadillac @ Buffalo
Sproles vs. Baltimore
McFadden @ KC
Hightower @ Jac

Leaning towards McFadden, mostly because I'm afraid of Sproles against that Raven's D.

I'd pick McFadden. The Chiefs defense gave up 198 yards against the run last week against Baltimore.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #121
Comey
College Starter

I'm stuck:

RB (pick one):
Cadillac vs BUF
Barber vs NYG
Rice vs SD
(Chris Johnson is my #1)

WR (pick one)
Driver vs CIN
Royal vs CLV
Cotchery vs NE
(Calvin Johnson is my #1)

Out of the four who are not selected, who ranks best as my flex?

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #122
dervack
College Prospect

I started Harvin over TJ and got a TD so far.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #123
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

After getting destroyed last week, I managed to start Schaub, Andre Johnson, and Chris Johnson...I'm now beating my opponent by almost 100 points.

Ray Rice is a disappointment though, he's losing the red zone ops against MacGahee.

McFadden helped in my flex spot.

Jennings did nothing against Cincy, I could have started Gage or Harvin but listed as probable I was confident he'd get some chances.

Oh well, my opponent had Brady which made me nervous, but the Jets really got a nice defense going.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #124
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
I've got two tough calls this week:

Starting Quarterback: Kurt Warner or Brett Favre?

Case for Warner - Warner is my regular starter. Although the Cardinals offense looked really ineffective last week, Warner still had a shit-ton of passing yards which is why I drafted him. I figure that whether or not Arizona is winning or losing or whichever of the receivers start, Warner will be throwing. Cardinals are playing Jacksonville (who allowed 301 passing yards last week)

Case for Favre - Packers are playing the Lions, enough said.

Current Thought: I'm leaning towards Warner because I also have Bernard Berrian. I figure starting Favre and Berrian is too much risk, especially because Berrian is coming back from an injury this week (although he is practicing with no restrictions).

Ended up going with Warner, who got me 17 points. Favre would've gotten me 14 points, so no real loss either way.

Quote:
Flex Spot: Roy E Williams vs. Darren Sproles vs. Devin Hester
Quote:

Case for Williams: Put up good numbers for me in Week One, but it's clear he's the third option in Dallas behind those running backs and Witten.

Case for Sproles: LT is banged up and it looks like Sproles will be getting a lot of carries this week.

Case for Hester: The Bears treat him more like a #1 option than the Cowboys do Williams.

Other Considerations: In terms of matchups, all are facing tough teams (Williams - NYG, Sproles - BAL, Hester - PIT).

Early Thoughts: I'm thinking of going with Sproles, because at least I'm certain he'll get goal-line work.

Ended up going with Sproles, who made me look like a genius with 20 points. Hester ended up with 2 points, and Williams right now has a whopping one point.

Quote:
Also, here is my current fantasy roster:

QB: Warner, Favre
RB: Gore, Run DMC, Sproles, Mewelde Moore, Sammie Morris
WR: Moss, Williams, Berrian, Hester, Breaston
TE: Heap, Fasano
D/ST: Giants
K: Folk

12-Team League through ESPN using their standard scoring system.

We had the pleasure of taking on a team who had Chris Johnson today. Randy Moss did absolute crap for us, but Gore's big day along with Warner/Sproles have us out to a comfortable 104-90 margin.

He has no one in tomorrow's game, and only Dallas D/ST now, so it would take a crapload of turnovers from the Giants for him to come back.

On a related note, I'm not the biggest fantasy football person, but I'll admit that it has made more interested in NYG/DAL then I normally would be. I have Giants D and he has Dallas D, so it's been interesting.

All-in-all, a good fantasy day after what looked like a rough start with Johnson's big day.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 09-20-2009 at 09:34 PM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:17 PM   #125
MikeVic
Head Coach

If you can believe it, I have Chris Johnson in a league and can still lose this week. All my other players had poor weeks (starting-wise, bench players are another story... horrible decisions on my part). I need to make up 16 points, with Reggie Wayne left for me and Dallas Clark left for the other guy.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #126
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I had Adrian Peterson (the MIN one) last week in a league and lost because a) the other guy had Brees and b) none of my other guys did squat. When that happens you just feel like utter fail.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:32 AM   #127
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I had Adrian Peterson (the MIN one) last week in a league and lost because a) the other guy had Brees and b) none of my other guys did squat. When that happens you just feel like utter fail.

I feel like I'm wasting his awesome week. Especially considering all of my decisions were wrong. The guy I started got 1-2 points, and the bench guy got 10-11. That's 30-40 points gone the other way.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #128
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I lost this week because I ran into Frank Gore (my league really rewards long touchdowns). Sad thing is I'm out-scoring 9 of the other 11 teams in my league...just a bad luck week.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 09-21-2009, 07:59 PM   #129
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
If you can believe it, I have Chris Johnson in a league and can still lose this week. All my other players had poor weeks (starting-wise, bench players are another story... horrible decisions on my part). I need to make up 16 points, with Reggie Wayne left for me and Dallas Clark left for the other guy.
Well that first play certainly didn't help you. I need 21 points out of Ronnie Brown to win. Yikes.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:41 AM   #130
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I'm not happy with my team at all - I'm 0-2 and 2nd to last in the power rankings. Any how I'm wondering if you guys could help me out on a couple positions. PPR league - 6pnts for all TD's - 1 pnt for 25 yards.

WR Pick one:

Manningham @ TB
Laurent Robinson vs GB
Cotchery vs TEN

RB Pick two:

Portis @ Det
Kevin Smith vs Wash
Pierre Thomas @ Buf
Jonathan Stewart @ Dal
Jamal Lewis @ Balt

Thanks for the help!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 09-23-2009 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:50 AM   #131
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm not happy with my team at all - I'm 0-2 and 2nd to last in the power rankings. Any how I'm wondering if you guys could help me out on a couple positions. PPR league - 6pnts for all TD's - 1 pnt for 25 yards.

WR Pick one:

Manningham @ TB
Laurent Robinson vs GB
Cotchery vs TEN

RB Pick two:

Portis @ Det
Kevin Smith vs Wash
Pierre Thomas @ Buf
Jonathan Stewart @ Dal
Jamal Lewis @ Balt

Thanks for the help!

With Thomas, you have two injuries to think about--his and Mike Bell's. At a minimum, you won't know until practice this week how they are doing. SaintsReport Community Forums is the forum that will have the most up to date info.

As for your others, you have to think that Jamal Lewis is up for the Baltimore game. You also have to think that Balitmore is up for Jamal Lewis, so it might be a wash.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:52 AM   #132
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

6 pts for a TD pass

Shaub v Jacksonville OR
Romo v Carolina
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:13 AM   #133
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
WR Pick one:

Manningham @ TB

RB Pick two:

Portis @ Det
Kevin Smith vs Wash
Pierre Thomas @ Buf

If Pierre Thomas is healthy AND looks like he's RB1, go with him over Smith.

Personally I wouldn't touch Lewis in nearly any matchup, and certainly not against the Ravens.

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs2 : 09-23-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Ronnie Dobbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:21 AM   #134
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
6 pts for a TD pass

Shaub v Jacksonville OR
Romo v Carolina

Schaub without question.

How about Ray Rice and Cadillac Williams for Steve Slaton? Fair Deal?
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #135
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
How about Ray Rice and Cadillac Williams for Steve Slaton? Fair Deal?

Since both Rice and Williams are about 90% to outscore Slaton this year, I'd say that's not a fair deal at all.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #136
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
6 pts for a TD pass

Shaub v Jacksonville OR
Romo v Carolina

I'd go Shaub I think, but Barber being out makes it a harder choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #137
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Question for the 49er fans out there. I'm looking to shore up my WR3 since Anthony Gonzalez is hurt. Is there any reason to believe that Josh Morgan will outperform any of the following three (looking to drop Morgan and add one of these three through waivers):

1. Mario Manningham (probably won't get him, but worth a shot)
2. Devery Henderson
3. Laurent Robinson
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 09-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #138
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Any word on Brian Westbrook? Am I right in thinking that, if Westbrook is out, LeSean McCoy is a better start (vs. KC) than McFadden (vs. DEN) Moreno (@ OAK) or Benson (vs. PIT)?
Old 09-23-2009, 10:43 AM   #139
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Question for the 49er fans out there. I'm looking to shore up my WR3 since Anthony Gonzalez is hurt. Is there any reason to believe that Josh Morgan will outperform any of the following three (looking to drop Morgan and add one of these three through waivers):

1. Mario Manningham (probably won't get him, but worth a shot)
2. Devery Henderson
3. Laurent Robinson

Not a 49er fan, but I would rather have Manningham or Robinson. Henderson is a total boom or bust type who I try to avoid.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #140
MikeVic
Head Coach

Eli Manning or Tony Romo? I'm really stuck on this one badly.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #141
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Matt Ryan against New England

or

Carson Palmer against Pittsburgh?
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:11 AM   #142
MikeVic
Head Coach

I'd say Matt Ryan.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #143
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Ryan over Palmer. Manning-Romo seems a wash to me.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:16 AM   #144
MikeVic
Head Coach

Also, think Santana Moss bounces back this week finally?

My 2nd WR could be: Moss, Harvin, Ginn Jr., or Breaston.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:18 AM   #145
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

PPR league? If so, Moss for sure. If not, I'd still go Moss over Harvin but only by a sliver. If you get points for return yardage, perhaps that pushes Harvin ahead.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #146
MikeVic
Head Coach

Not PPR, but Moss' horrible outings are made me not like him much... nothing against the Rams? Why would he get anything against the Lions then? That's my thinking, but he's still a #1 and Harvin isn't...
Old 09-23-2009, 12:00 PM   #147
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

PPR League 6 pts for all TD's..

I can start 3 of the following RBs, and I can't decide which one to leave out, all the matchups look atleast somewhat solid. Any thoughts?

Ryan Grant @ STL
Steven Jackson vs. GB
Clinton Portis @ DET
Felix Jones vs Carolina
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #148
MikeVic
Head Coach

I'm down on Washington's offense... I'd say Portis. But Jones might split with Choice?

Do we do trade advice here too?

Was offered these two:
Harvin for Carlson (I have Olsen as my TE right now).

Tim Hightower, Percy Harvin, and my 2nd rounder next year (4th rounder really since we keep two guys) for Steve Slaton, John Carlson, and Mike Bell. I have Pierre Thomas already. But I think Mike Bell is injured too?

Basically, the guy wants to move Steve Jackson, Steve Slaton, and John Carlson... and I want to jump on that if I can. Thoughts?
Old 09-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #149
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Not PPR, but Moss' horrible outings are made me not like him much... nothing against the Rams? Why would he get anything against the Lions then? That's my thinking, but he's still a #1 and Harvin isn't...

Harvin has the most targets among WRs.

I would stay away from anything to do with the Redskins passing game right now. The odds of the team scoring a TD, let alone an individual player, just seem very low.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:52 PM   #150
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I'd leave Jones on th bench, Neuqua.

MV - I think this should become a fantasy catch-all, so trades are fine.

Harvin for Carlson doesn't make much sense unless you are moving Olsen right afterward. The larger trade looks good to me (I'm not down on Slaton much) though the draft pick is something I'm not used to factoring in. Maybe see if you can downgrade/remove the draft pick and get Carlson out of the deal?