Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #101
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I'm actually quite annoyed that Kill Ball and Travesty games aren't even listed on Boardgamegeek. How can I vicariously explore new stuff if the purveyors don't even market themselves?

Last edited by Glengoyne : 08-06-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #102
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hee Hee:

Day 2 Report:

The Lack of constant sleep is beginning to get to me. I don't think I've slept more then 3 hours consecutively since Monday. My body is so used to catnaps it won't let me sleep even when I want to.

I managed to get over to the Dealer's hall and pick up my Progenitor Preorder, as well as Deathwatch the third Warhammer 40K RPG (this time, as the Emperor's Chosen, the Space Marines).. Also picked up the Savage World's Explorer's edition and the two new Deadlands books. However, around noon, I crashed HARD. Barely stumbled out of the auction room and back to my room.

It took me about 8 hours to get out of the malaise (4 of them just relaxing, 4 hours sleeping). Met up with Mustang and Roy, chatted, played some Kill Ball (fun game and tactical too, but very vicious.. five players had stat losses in the game, 1 of them permanently)..

we agreed to a 1-1 tie after 10 turns (a game is normally 12 turns +OT to break ties).. we were all zonked.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:12 AM   #103
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Good to finally meet a few people from the board, but ya... dead ass tired.

Kill Ball fit me good since I like Blood Bowl, but I don't have to paint any damn minis...

Vast majority of my time has been spent in the auction place. Finally went into the exhibit hall for a few hours this afternoon. Didn't pick up much, but had my eye on the Dust Tactics game (they have a really nice painted version if you want to shell out $300.

My only 'personal' expenditures are on a couple of Arkham Horror expansions. Other than that, I've been keeping it light since my car is full from the auction house. (Main thing I picked up was Avalon Hill's Longest Day)
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:54 AM   #104
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

It as good to meet Fozzie and Mustang. Mustang and I had some specatcular dice rolls in Kill Ball but were able to pull out a tie. My feet have decided this walking stuff is way overrated. I think that tomorrow will be spent playing demos and trying to find some events to play in.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #105
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Woulda joined you last night, but by the time we finished the game I was playing, I was dead on my feet.

You guys up for Fortress America today?
Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #106
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

My son and I would be interested. I have something scheduled from 3-4pm and then from 8-Midnight. Other than that I am good. If you guys get something together text me on my son's cell since he has free texting. I will pm his number to Coffee.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #107
spleen1015
Coordinator

hxxp://www.indystar.com/article/20100807/LOCAL/8070358/Gen-Con-gamers-have-become-the-cool-kids

Saw this in the local paper this morning. Looks like you guys have become the cool kids.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #108
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Saw this in the local paper this morning. Looks like you guys have become the cool kids.

They just like the $$$.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 08-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #109
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
You guys up for Fortress America today?

Actually rolled out of Indy around 2 this afternoon and back home in WI.

And my dice rolls are always bad. I'm so damn bad that I once blew up my own Monolith in 40k. Do you know how hard that is to do?, First I needed to miss and have it drift the right way, and then roll the right number so the template lands back on my monolith, and then roll to penetrate and then roll right to blow it up.. There needs to be a study done on bad dice rollers.

Last edited by Mustang : 08-07-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:50 PM   #110
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

didn't see this till now:

Just posted this elsewhere:

There's nothing sadder than sitting in your room after the last go round at the con.. but I have a quote running through my head:

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.

Despite the minor dings and dents, I had a blast. Just have to figure out how to make it back next year.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #111
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Had my best Gencon this year. Met Fozzie and Mustang and played a little Kill Ball. Gotta start planning for next year to be sure that I spend more time playing and less time spending.