Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #101
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Wow.. just had a moment of panic. They sent an email this morning, saying that my request for the Sleep Inn Airport Hotel was being changed to a different airport hotel because of a change of management meaning they cannot guarantee amenities.

Seeing as I wasn't even registered for the Sleep Inn hotel, I was worried that they had swapped me out somehow.

Apparently the visit indy folks got their email databases mixed up and sent something meant only for those people who WERE staying at the Sleep Inn hotel to all gencon attendees. Whoopsie.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:53 AM   #102
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Wow that switchboard is going to be blown up today.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:58 AM   #103
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

yeah, I called, and they had a recorded voicemail on the number.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:01 AM   #104
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Wow.. just had a moment of panic. They sent an email this morning, saying that my request for the Sleep Inn Airport Hotel was being changed to a different airport hotel because of a change of management meaning they cannot guarantee amenities.

Seeing as I wasn't even registered for the Sleep Inn hotel, I was worried that they had swapped me out somehow.

Apparently the visit indy folks got their email databases mixed up and sent something meant only for those people who WERE staying at the Sleep Inn hotel to all gencon attendees. Whoopsie.

Got the same email. I thought it was odd.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #105
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
So, I decided to be a bit ridiculous this year, and booked tickets to both Hentai Cafe events, which from what I'm told are ridiculously funny.

ugh. wear a condom.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #106
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

so does anyone want to meet up? Im open saturday afternoon, and was going to knock around the con and see the sights, but it would be a good time to see everyone. Also, not opposed to late night gaming sessions.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:21 PM   #107
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
so does anyone want to meet up? Im open saturday afternoon, and was going to knock around the con and see the sights, but it would be a good time to see everyone. Also, not opposed to late night gaming sessions.

I think that was the plan. We all sent each other our numbers last year. I know me, roy and foz got together on a Friday night to play a game. I assume e will do the same thing again this year...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #108
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Yeah I will take a look at our schedule and post it sometime soon. I would definitely be interested in getting together as Purdue Brad will be traveling with us as well.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #109
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I'll probably be there. Will be helping run the auction room.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:09 PM   #110
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Same layout usually every year. How much they allocate in time blocks depends on what they get in. The livegameauctions site has details usually, but it is down.

Yup. There is the auction store (with set prices which usually go down from day to day) and there are the actual biddings auctions. There are always multiple sessions of each kind of game. (Board games, ccgs, misc, family games, rpg, figs, etc, etc)
Old 06-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #111
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Will be helping run the auction room.

More than likely you will meet me at least.

Not sure what the hell you look like though so I'll just have to guess.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 07-03-2011, 04:31 PM   #112
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I just received my 4 day pass in the mail.

Last edited by Grammaticus : 07-10-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #113
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Still not sure if I'm going- plans are pretty fluid for me right now, but I do live in down so if someone is putting together a phone list, PM me as I'd love to meet up even if I don't end up at Gencon

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-09-2011 at 04:13 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #114
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

In prep for Gencon, something you won't see every day.. I've had this bag sitting on my desk for a year or so... 1st gen type dice for D&D. Not hard to find, but usually not this many.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3178.JPG (485.5 KB, 182 views)
Old 07-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #115
Thomkal
Head Coach

ooooh pretty dice. I have a whole bunch myself stashed in a closet in the hopes I'll be able to use them again someday
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #116
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I have done one of the most geeky things ever, I've gone to Chessex and ordered "A pound of dice"

yes, a pound of dice at one go
Old 07-10-2011, 09:32 PM   #117
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm looking forward to picking up some new dice at Gen Con. I have four basic Chessex sets (4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20, 100) and really want to add some unique stuff.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #118
Thomkal
Head Coach

dice geeks!
Old 07-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #119
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
dice geeks!

Meet Kevin Cook...

hxxp://www.dicecollector.com/

I've sold a fair amount to him so I'm part of the collection...
Old 07-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #120
Thomkal
Head Coach

yes that is most definitely a dice geek
Old 07-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #121
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I am officially out this year.

One of our group of friends couldn't comit because of work reasons, so we decided to cancel. It sucks. It will only be the 3rd GenCon I've missed since 1996.

We are still going to get together over those 5 days, just not in Indy.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #122
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Just a few short weeks...

If everyone wants to, you can PM me your phone # and I'll compile a list and send it out to everyone that is going to be there...

Sorry you won't be there HB.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:53 AM   #123
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Anyone that sends a message, include what days you will be there. (No sense calling someone on Friday if they are there Sat/Sun.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:10 PM   #124
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Less than 2 weeks, time to start keeping an eye on the forecast, hopefully it's cooler than it was last year.

Anyone interested in hitting a club or something while we're down there?
Old 07-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #125
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Anyone interested in hitting a club or something while we're down there?

I didn't go to clubs when I was 21 let alone 41...

Going to Chili's is more my speed.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:26 PM   #126
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

There are some decent eats around Indy just like in any city (tho I don't know all by any means)- why waste your life at Chilis

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-26-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #127
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I'm up for grabbing a beer somewhere. There has to be some good places around the convention center area.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:02 PM   #128
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
There are some decent eats around Indy just like in any city (tho I don't know all by any means)- why waste your life at Chilis

SI

In West Bend, WI.. Chili's would get at least 1/2 of a Michelin Star.

Actually, I'll be rolling into Indy hopefully around 6. Any early arrivers want to go out to eat somewhere downtown, let me know.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #129
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I'm up for grabbing a beer somewhere. There has to be some good places around the convention center area.

I heartily recommend the Ram. Just not around dinner time.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:38 PM   #130
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Sent everyone that responded the list of #'s and dates. (Had SirFozzie, Grammaticus, Cubboyroy, Sterlingice, Sachmo and myself)

Anyone else going, just message all of us.

I just need to gut through a few more days and get on the road Wednesday.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:51 AM   #131
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'll be in town this week and Gencon weekend with nothing crazy that I know of going on. That's my work phone so if you don't get me right off the bat, leave a quick message. Last thing I want to be doing on the weekend is answering a work call but I'll try to grab it if it's one of those numbers.

I live in house here in Indy but it's about a half hour from downtown so it's somewhat impractical as a staging area for anything.

I was thinking of maybe going Sunday, since it's cheaper, and hitting the show floor just to check it out. Any thoughts on that plan for someone who has never been?

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-30-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:47 AM   #132
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Sent everyone that responded the list of #'s and dates. (Had SirFozzie, Grammaticus, Cubboyroy, Sterlingice, Sachmo and myself)

Anyone else going, just message all of us.

I just need to gut through a few more days and get on the road Wednesday.

Awesome, I'm hanging with CubbyBoyRoy so give him a call and you're probably stuck with both of us.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:57 PM   #133
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Got through helping my Mom move.. that was the day I was not looking forward to to get to Gencon. I've hit the point in my life where I would rather just give family and friends money and tell them to hire someone.

I'll bring Last Night on Earth along if anyone is interested.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:13 PM   #134
ColtCrazy
College Starter

How much are the badges for just Sunday? I think that's the day I'll be able to go.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:59 PM   #135
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
How much are the badges for just Sunday? I think that's the day I'll be able to go.

$28
Old 07-31-2011, 09:39 PM   #136
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Okay the official countdown to Gencon has started for me. I cannot believe I still get so excited about going to geek out.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:58 PM   #137
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post

Again, seems like my plan as well.

SI

Old 08-02-2011, 08:30 PM   #138
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Geektrip '11 starts in 14 hours.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #139
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Check this out for Geekiness.

Countdown to Aug 4, 2011 5:30 AM in Chicago
Old 08-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #140
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I work downtown (for all intents and purposes) and I leave somewhere between 4 and 5 so give a ring if there's something going on. If nothing else, I'd be game for food maybe on Sunday or Saturday or something.

SI

Old 08-02-2011, 11:26 PM   #141
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
In West Bend, WI.. Chili's would get at least 1/2 of a Michelin Star.

Actually, I'll be rolling into Indy hopefully around 6. Any early arrivers want to go out to eat somewhere downtown, let me know.

I should be arriving sometime around 7pm if the drive goes as planned. A few folks in my local gaming group will be arriving much later that night. But me an one of my buddies will be getting in around the 7pm time frame. If you want to try and meet for dinner let me know.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:25 AM   #142
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

In Dayton now! Ready to roll to Indy on the morrow. PM me any meetup info or my number is 206 743 6406

I'll be in the auctionroom working like MOST of the con. Name is Matt.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:29 AM   #143
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'll be in the auctionroom working like MOST of the con. Name is Matt.

I'll have my eye on you...

And not in a creepy stalker thing.. just that you'll be carrying the stuff up for bidding so, no choice.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:33 AM   #144
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Hopefully you'll see me behind the mic as well
Old 08-03-2011, 12:34 AM   #145
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

wait...you don't have one of those detachable glass eyes do you?
Old 08-03-2011, 08:05 AM   #146
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
wait...you don't have one of those detachable glass eyes do you?

Yes.. it has the TSR logo on it so, was thinking of putting it in TOVA.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #147
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

TMI Mustang
Old 08-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #148
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

In my room at the new JW Marriott. Two words., Holy shit.

22nd floor, and the place is awesome. Although it's a complete pain in the ass to use elevators.. not only do you have to punch your floor, you have to swipe your hotel key to get the elevator to work.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #149
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Wish I was there already Fozzie alas I am a cheap ass and decided to wait and leave bright and early in the morning. Of course the fact I am swamped with work has nothing to do with it.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #150
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Sadly, I want to see the giant new fish tank (i.e. Marriott) and haven't yet. I believe they call that hotel "Super Bowl Bait"

SI