Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-12-2006, 08:53 AM   #101
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
My money would be on the Broncos. This is even if they look as bad as they did yesterday.

They didn't look all that bad. He looked terrible, but as a team it was not that bad.

The Raiders, on the other hand, sucked 46 deep.

Last edited by Samdari : 09-12-2006 at 08:53 AM.
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:56 AM   #102
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
With the amount of personal tragedies that Favre has going on at any given time, I don't think the Raiders would want that.
A guy at my fantasy draft had a great joke when somebody took Favre:

"Well, his mom is still alive, so he's guaranteed at least one more good game."
MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:12 AM   #103
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
boy Ahnold sounded like a moron last night too.

Arnold was clueless about the game.

Did you see Jaworski's expression after Arnold said something about Art Shell and the miracle that was occuring on the field??? Priceless!!!!
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:29 AM   #104
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
I hope you guys don't make any excuses when the Raiders play well this season.

I guess there is no need to start forming excuses yet.

By the way, were you having a good day or do the Raiders getting sodomized on MNF always bring out the best in you. You have spelled your words correctly and formed nearly complete sentances throughout this entire thread.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:41 AM   #105
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth View Post
A guy at my fantasy draft had a great joke when somebody took Favre:

"Well, his mom is still alive, so he's guaranteed at least one more good game."
Oof!
Old 09-12-2006, 10:29 AM   #106
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan104 View Post
Arnold was clueless about the game.

Did you see Jaworski's expression after Arnold said something about Art Shell and the miracle that was occuring on the field??? Priceless!!!!

Yep, I noticed that, too.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:36 AM   #107
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Hey, the Raiders may have lost the game, but their team unity is still strong. Check out the below article.

hxxp://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2584133

Quote:
Porter seen pumping fist, laughing as Brooks is sacked

When Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss said of his team, "things are crazy around here," he wasn't kidding.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported on its Web site that disgruntled receiver Jerry Porter who was inactive for the 27-0 drugging the Raiders absorbed from the San Diego Chargers on Monday night, was seen laughing and pumping his fist on the sidelines when Raiders teammate Aaron Brooks was sacked for the seventh time.

Porter's role on the team has greatly diminished after he clashed with new coach Art Shell in the offseason over his offseason workout plans. Porter demanded a trade at the start of training camp, but the Raiders have declined to grant his wish.

Porter was slowed by a calf injury early in training camp but was healthy for the final three preseason games and was not listed on the team's injury report leading up to the game. He was on the sideline in street clothes for this game.

"As far as Jerry Porter is concerned, I really don't know where he stands, what the organization has in store for him," Moss told Fox Sports Radio last week. "So the only thing I can do is worry about the guys they're putting on the field."

Porter led the Raiders with 76 catches last season and had 942 yards receiving and five touchdown receptions in 2005.

He has not been listed as a starter all of training camp, even after the Raiders traded starter Doug Gabriel to New England on Sept. 2.

The Associated Press contributed to this story.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:39 AM   #108
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Given Brooks' history in New Orleans, I'm surprised that he wasn't laughing and pumping his fist as he got sacked.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:41 AM   #109
TroyF
Coordinator

Good lord. Why did they trade Gabriel again?

This sounds like a perfect Al Davis/Marcus Allen moment now. He'll keep him on the bench all year, franchise him next year and repeat the process.

Porter may never catch another pass in the NFL, but Davis will pay him like one of the top 5 WR in football just to make sure.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:49 AM   #110
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:

This sounds like a perfect Al Davis/Marcus Allen moment now. He'll keep him on the bench all year, franchise him next year and repeat the process.

Porter may never catch another pass in the NFL, but Davis will pay him like one of the top 5 WR in football just to make sure.
As long as that ends up with the same way with Jerry Porter in Kansas City in two years and a future Hall of Fame quarterback joining him, I have no problem with the process.

I count two, maybe three wins for the Raiders. San Diego's defense is good, but based on how the Ravens looked Sunday I think they could hold the Raiders to 10 yards passing. I'd resign Jeff George today just so that when Aaron Brooks has his ass beaten into the ground that they don't have to risk have Walter get the ever living piss knocked out of him.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:59 AM   #111
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
As long as that ends up with the same way with Jerry Porter in Kansas City in two years and a future Hall of Fame quarterback joining him, I have no problem with the process.

I count two, maybe three wins for the Raiders. San Diego's defense is good, but based on how the Ravens looked Sunday I think they could hold the Raiders to 10 yards passing. I'd resign Jeff George today just so that when Aaron Brooks has his ass beaten into the ground that they don't have to risk have Walter get the ever living piss knocked out of him.

Yep, meet your future hall of fame QB. . . Brett Favre. Enjoy.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:52 PM   #112
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Look at the bright side Raiders fans : you held Rivers to only 8 completions! Theres that silver lining, I knew there had to be one!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:11 PM   #113
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
OK guys. 15 games left for the Raiders, you tell me where they get their ten wins:

@Baltimore
Cleveland
@San Fran
@Denver
Arizona
Pitt
@Seattle
Denver
@KC
@SD
Houston
@Cincy
St.Louis
KC
@NY Jets

Tell me jb, where do they get their wins?

This team has a legitimate shot at 0-16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:49 PM   #114
Logan
Head Coach

Remember when Robert Gallery was the "can't miss, lock him down at LT for 15 years and don't worry about the position until he hangs em up" prospect?

I bet Al Davis misses those days. Seems like he turned more into the "can't move his feet quick enough to block anybody" slug.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:50 PM   #115
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Remember when Robert Gallery was the "can't miss, lock him down at LT for 15 years and don't worry about the position until he hangs em up" prospect?

I bet Al Davis misses those days. Seems like he turned more into the "can't move his feet quick enough to block anybody" slug.

You know that he switch sides this season.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #116
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
You know that he switch sides this season.

Yes. He was originally an RT because he sucked out of camp as a rookie, and they figured he could handle that side better. When that didn't work, they tried him back at LT. Last night you witnessed the result of that experiment. Enjoy the rest of your glorious season.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:09 PM   #117
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
This team has a legitimate shot at being shut out 16 times this year.

Fixed that for you
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:30 PM   #118
yabanci
College Benchwarmer

Tom Walsh's playbook, page 1 (of 2)

credit to Raider Bill
yabanci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:34 PM   #119
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I heart this thread.....
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:41 PM   #120
SunDevil
College Prospect

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2588993

Radiers lose Gallery with calf tear
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Already under fire after a dismal performance in the team's opening game shutout loss, the Oakland Raiders offensive line has suffered another setback, as starting left tackle Robert Gallery has a partially torn calf muscle that likely will sideline him 2-to-3 weeks and perhaps longer.

The injury occurred during practice on Wednesday, and a Thursday MRI exam revealed the tear.

Sixth-year veteran Chad Slaughter, a journeyman who has made just 28 career appearances and whose only other start came in 2003, will move into the lineup at left tackle for the game against the Baltimore Ravens. Coach Art Shell considered moving left guard Barry Sims back to tackle, the position at which he started for the past five seasons, but he wanted to reduce the number of switches on a unit already shell-shocked by last week's results, a 27-0 home loss to the San Diego Chargers.

The Ravens shut out the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in their opener and the defense, which employed a heavy dose of blitzes and forced Chris Simms into three interceptions, played very aggressively. Baltimore figured to blitz embattled Raiders quarterback Aaron Brooks heavily even with Gallery in the lineup and may turn up the heat even more now against a line that surrendered nine sacks last week.

Robert Gallery
Gallery

Slaughter, 28, has not played extensively in any season of his career. He replaced an injured Gallery in the 2005 season finale and played surprisingly well against New York Giants star Michael Strahan. Said Shell: "Chad is a battler."

The calf injury represents the latest setback for Gallery, who has not yet lived up to his reputation as the second player chosen overall in the 2004 draft. The former University of Iowa star was lauded as on of the top left tackle prospects of the past decade when he entered the league. But he played primarily at right tackle, and some at guard, in his first two seasons and struggled noticeably at times.

This spring, in revamping the entire offensive line, Shell decided to move Gallery to the left side and to bump Sims, the long-time starter there, to guard. Gallery has started in 32 of his 33 career appearances and, even though the tear to his calf is not total, such injuries are dicey and often require more recovery time than initially suggested.

By inserting Slaughter into the lineup, the Oakland unit will remain intact at its other four spots, with Sims at left guard, Jake Grove at center, rookie third-round choice Paul McQuistan at right guard and Langston Walker at right tackle. That relative stability may not help, however, unless the Raiders' line raises the level of its play.

"Obviously, we're not going to win many games with the way we played [last week]," Sims acknowledged.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:49 PM   #121
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
The calf injury represents the latest setback for Gallery, who has not yet lived up to his reputation as the second player chosen overall in the 2004 draft. The former University of Iowa star was lauded as on of the top left tackle prospects of the past decade when he entered the league. But he played primarily at right tackle, and some at guard, in his first two seasons and struggled noticeably at times.

Emphasized for jb.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:40 PM   #122
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Dear Robert,
Get well soon. And please work on your pass protection. PLEASE. I mean it. Please.

Yours Truly

scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:41 PM   #123
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Would Brady Quinn consider tanking a bowl game and the combine intentionally?
Old 09-15-2006, 02:43 PM   #124
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
Would Brady Quinn consider tanking a bowl game and the combine intentionally?

I'd prefer he pulled an Eli.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:49 PM   #125
scooper
College Benchwarmer

On second thought, maybe he wouldn't need to tank anything but the combine interview.

Quote:
Raiders Scout: So, Brady. Tell me about your strength as a QB.

Brady Quinn: Well, they say I have a strong arm and remain calm in the pocket. But do you know who has a really good arm? Troy Smith. Boy, I’ll tell ya. What a rocket. And accurate, too.

RS: OK, uhhh thanks. Tell me a bit about yourself off the field.

BQ: Well, I’m a devout Methodist. I love my parents and, er umm. I mean I love kicking puppies and stealing walkers from little old ladies. Wait. You’re from the Raiders right?

RS: Correct.

BQ: Well then, as I said. I’m a devout Methodist and I live a pretty clean boring life.

Last edited by scooper : 09-15-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:03 PM   #126
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Lets see, in the past 3 years the Faiders have passed on Rivers, Roethlisburger, Loseman, Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler, and Matt Leinart, among others. So there is probably little chance they would want to ruin Quinn's life either.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:59 PM   #127
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

scooper nailed it. Good job.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:11 PM   #128
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:

Huge difference between Marcus Allen and Jerry Porter. Marcus was a legitimate RB who had tons of talent and produced for the Raiders. Jerry hasn't done squat, even with Moss on the other side of him. No 1,000 yard receiving season nor a 100 catch season.

Now, I'll agree that the organization seems to be in shambles and I have to believe that they aren't tanking the season purposely due to the fact that Al is trying to pull a profit and fill the stadium. This year the Raiders took over their own ticket sales so they have to be trying to win.

On the other hand, I would almost rather have them tanking the season purposely than think they're doing their best at this point.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:01 PM   #129
TroyF
Coordinator

RA,

Hell, Porter is a terrific WR. He's misused in a horrific system. Last year he caught 16 more passes than Moss. The year before, his number equaled what Randy did last year as the Oakland #1 WR.

Oakland misuses pretty much every offensive weapon they have.

Now, unlike Branch, Porter is a malcontent dirtbag. He's not exactly a guy who gives a crap about anyone but himself. But he's talented and there is ZERO doubt he couldn't help the Raiders out right now, even if only a little.

They should trade his ass or play him. But instead they'll sit him as a healthy scratch and pay him his full salary. Idiots.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:30 PM   #130
Crim
College Benchwarmer

I'm a Baltimore fan, just this coming week. Yum!

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:57 PM   #131
Mo.Raider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
RA,

Hell, Porter is a terrific WR. He's misused in a horrific system. Last year he caught 16 more passes than Moss. The year before, his number equaled what Randy did last year as the Oakland #1 WR.

Now, unlike Branch, Porter is a malcontent dirtbag. He's not exactly a guy who gives a crap about anyone but himself. But he's talented and there is ZERO doubt he couldn't help the Raiders out right now, even if only a little.

They should trade his ass or play him. But instead they'll sit him as a healthy scratch and pay him his full salary. Idiots.

Jerry Porter has talent of course, and if he had the heart he could be something special. I have been left scratching my head over the Gabriel trade. It will once again give the Pats a steal and prove that their system of looking for character in players transfers into wins. Porter has been shopped, but no one wants to pony up the 4 mil signing bonus that he pocketed, especially not Jerry "lil TO" Porter. I don't think it has anything to do with Al wanting to sit Porter just to ruin his career, rather than Al backing Art. For the first time in a long time Al is actually backing his coach and I think he should (he should have backed a young shannahan before he bolted for your Donkeys). If this is the dreaded word "rebuilding" phase then I hope we cut our losses and let the malcontents get flushed. Gruden went looking for character types and it paid off. Al tends to think that as long as they play on Sunday then they can be a jerk the rest of the time for all he cares. Unfortunately in this day and age we have the most egotistical, "I got to love me some me" baby athletes to grace the NFL with their presence. And they aren't man enough to work out their problems man to man with their ..ahem.. team, they run to the media like a squawking chicken.

I still think this could be a very positive year in the long run for the team with the best record of all time (that is why there are so many envious Raider haters in this thread). The weakest link has been and I think will continue to be Tom Walsh. I really believe that Al will stick by Art and pressure him to down grade Walsh if this insane play calling continues. I love the philosophy, but you have to do a little bit of everything if you want to win games. In the end one of the games I expect to win is Denver. I know that will get you stoked TroyF.

And remember this Sunday when the Raiders play the Ravens..."on any given Sunday."

Last edited by Mo.Raider : 09-16-2006 at 12:07 AM. Reason: It was late
Mo.Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:27 AM   #132
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
RA,

What Mo said. The only thing I disagree with is that this may be a good year. I'm looking at this to be a year to get younger players some playing time, solidify the defense and then work on a QB of the future (whether that's Walter or drafting someone next year).

The proof was in the pudding on Monday Night. I left for Yuma, AZ early Tuesday morning so I wasn't able to comment on it, but I was like WTF. Aaron Brooks (and pretty much the whole 1st string) gets pulled with 9 minutes to go. I think they wanted Walter to get some playing time, but it seemed as if it was another exhibition game.

The other thing that disappointed me was that Walsh didn't do more 3 step drops. Obviously the WR quick pass was working and the offensive line wasn't so why not keep on it until they're able to stop it?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:46 AM   #133
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo.Raider View Post
Jerry Porter has talent of course, and if he had the heart he could be something special. I have been left scratching my head over the Gabriel trade. It will once again give the Pats a steal and prove that their system of looking for character in players transfers into wins. Porter has been shopped, but no one wants to pony up the 4 mil signing bonus that he pocketed, especially not Jerry "lil TO" Porter. I don't think it has anything to do with Al wanting to sit Porter just to ruin his career, rather than Al backing Art. For the first time in a long time Al is actually backing his coach and I think he should (he should have backed a young shannahan before he bolted for your Donkeys). If this is the dreaded word "rebuilding" phase then I hope we cut our losses and let the malcontents get flushed. Gruden went looking for character types and it paid off. Al tends to think that as long as they play on Sunday then they can be a jerk the rest of the time for all he cares. Unfortunately in this day and age we have the most egotistical, "I got to love me some me" baby athletes to grace the NFL with their presence. And they aren't man enough to work out their problems man to man with their ..ahem.. team, they run to the media like a squawking chicken.

I still think this could be a very positive year in the long run for the team with the best record of all time (that is why there are so many envious Raider haters in this thread). The weakest link has been and I think will continue to be Tom Walsh. I really believe that Al will stick by Art and pressure him to down grade Walsh if this insane play calling continues. I love the philosophy, but you have to do a little bit of everything if you want to win games. In the end one of the games I expect to win is Denver. I know that will get you stoked TroyF.

And remember this Sunday when the Raiders play the Ravens..."on any given Sunday."

Stoked? Why? The Raiders have beat Denver before and it'll happen again. When you cheer for a team QB's by Jake Plummer, you know that anything can happen on any given week.

That said, are the Raiders even in Denver's league right now? Hell, are they even in the NFL right now? Denver has beat the Raiders 5 of the last 6 times they've played, with the lowest margain of victory being 14 points. From the time Shanahan got here, the Broncos have beat the Raiders 17 out of 22 times.

I apologize if I don't see great cause to get "stoked" about a Raider fan predicting the Raiders will beat the Broncos. History aside, there is ZERO question who has the better football team or the better organization right now. (hint, it's not the guy in the sweatpants)
Old 09-17-2006, 04:10 PM   #134
Mo.Raider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I apologize if I don't see great cause to get "stoked" about a Raider fan predicting the Raiders will beat the Broncos. History aside, there is ZERO question who has the better football team or the better organization right now. (hint, it's not the guy in the sweatpants)

Calm down sunshine, I was just pestering you. You are right the Broncos have had the Raiders number as of late, and football is cyclical.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:14 PM   #135
jbmagic
Pro Starter

The Raiders are going to be ok.

They have a bye week next week and should come back stronger.

The offense gets going we should be ok.

The defense is doing a pretty good job so far this season but they need some help from the Raiders offense to give them some rest.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #136
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The defense is doing a pretty good job so far this season but they need some help from the Raiders offense to give them some rest.

Yep, next week they might even score a touchdown.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #137
JeeberD
General Manager

Another good game for Thomas Howard, at least.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:37 PM   #138
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:

Uh... ok. Your starting QB can't even take a snap properly. The backup looked like shit. The line sucks, and the OC still thinks it's 1994.

I do admire your optimism though
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:39 PM   #139
hukarez
College Starter

I must be completely out of the loop, but when did the Raiders have Bruce Campbell as their QB??
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:40 PM   #140
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Uh... ok. Your starting QB can't even take a snap properly. The backup looked like shit. The line sucks, and the OC still thinks it's 1994.

I do admire your optimism though

Backup QB Walters will do a lot better now he going to be the starter. With a bye week, it should him him get prepare for the next game against Cleveland.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:55 PM   #141
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

The way the Broncos are playing right now the Raiders MIGHT beat them. Ugh.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:58 PM   #142
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:

You are wrong. Sorry.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 05:52 PM   #143
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Backup QB Walters will do a lot better now he going to be the starter. With a bye week, it should him him get prepare for the next game against Cleveland.

He threw three interceptions and completed 40% of his passes today. Not a good sign there. Even if he is NFL ready, he has one reciever who plays when he wants and a line that is absolutely shockingly bad. If he manages to squeeze four wins out of this team, then I'll concede that he could be a half decent QB in this league. I still don't see it though...
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:30 PM   #144
Logan
Head Coach

Since he doesn't have an edit button, does that mean jb can't even delete threads? Cause if he can, I'm thinking of making a dupe just so his comments will never be forgotten.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:36 PM   #145
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Since he doesn't have an edit button, does that mean jb can't even delete threads? Cause if he can, I'm thinking of making a dupe just so his comments will never be forgotten.

Yep, no edit or delete powers.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:37 PM   #146
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

His frequent deleting of threads is a big part of why the edit button was taken away. No, he cannot delete threads.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-17-2006 at 06:38 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:37 PM   #147
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

And if that doesn't work, they should then take TWO weeks off after that game.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:42 PM   #148
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Walter is so good, he picked up an extra "s" at the end of his name.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:13 PM   #149
Danny
Head Coach

I'll be rooting for the Colts this season it looks like.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 07:18 PM   #150
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I think jbmagic should get all his buttons back. It'd be great to see if he'd pull the same stunts again, now that he knows he's being watched.