Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-28-2016, 09:56 PM   #101
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Jackson was supposedly the steelers guy. I also hate that we just picked with 9 minutes left on the clock.

Last edited by stevew : 04-28-2016 at 09:58 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:58 PM   #102
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Jeez, and the Broncos just traded up with the Seahawks
Old 04-28-2016, 10:03 PM   #103
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Geez....the Seahawks just got a 3rd for dropping back a few slots.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:09 PM   #104
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
This Prius commercial with the Wire dockworkers is getting super old

These NFL shop ones on NFL network are utterly fucking stupid as well.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:09 PM   #105
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm fucking sick of the Steelers "braintrust". I need a new team.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:09 PM   #106
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Potentially a brilliant pick. I think Treadwell is going to be a star.

I think the Vikings got a steal.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:10 PM   #107
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Not bad

Quote:
Zach MyersVerified account ‏@ZMyersOfficial 24m24 minutes ago
Starting to think Tunsil's Password was "Password"
Old 04-28-2016, 10:13 PM   #108
MrBug708
Head Coach

Wow. Clark went ahead of Jack
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:22 PM   #109
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Something must be seriously wrong with Jack's knee. ILB is the biggest need on GB and we passed on Jack.

What's the story on Clark? I remember him killing Arizona but don't know much else about him.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:26 PM   #110
MrBug708
Head Coach

Not a big stats guy and didn't test off the charts but a good player. 3 year starter and all state wrestler in high school
Old 04-28-2016, 10:32 PM   #111
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Cards probably just got the steal of the draft.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:34 PM   #112
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Rams are really and I mean really going to have so many crappy years ahead.. maybe part of me is happy, but I still have some interest in what they do.

WTF were they thinking? If trading all those picks for Goff was to get the city excited and more season tickets sold, so be it. I just don't get it.

I still think Wentz will be better.

The thing is.. Goff will be running for his life and they have SO many holes in this team!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:35 PM   #113
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Potentially a brilliant pick. I think Treadwell is going to be a star.

I do too, what a steal!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:38 PM   #114
bhlloy
Coordinator

Strange pick by the Panthers. You ditch Norman ostensibly so you can sign all your DL. You then turn around with a couple of decent corners on the board still and pick... another DL

I think the kids going to be good, and it's a decent pick, but it goes even further to show me they didn't really think the Norman thing through. This was a team that nearly won the SB, and you are letting an all pro go and drafting a guy at a position of strength who probably isn't going to be a huge contributor right away
Old 04-28-2016, 10:40 PM   #115
MrBug708
Head Coach

Damn Myles.

Just saw a tweet that said he gets paid 5 million in insurance money if he falls out of the first

Last edited by MrBug708 : 04-28-2016 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:44 PM   #116
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm fucking sick of the Steelers "braintrust". I need a new team.

Come to the desert
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:50 PM   #117
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Cards probably just got the steal of the draft.

Well a couple years ago, I wasn't too happy with the Honey Badger pick, but they made it work. Don't know much about this guy, but he seems to be in a similar situation as him. Seemed really thrilled to be going to Arizona too.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:52 PM   #118
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Strange pick by the Panthers. You ditch Norman ostensibly so you can sign all your DL. You then turn around with a couple of decent corners on the board still and pick... another DL

I think the kids going to be good, and it's a decent pick, but it goes even further to show me they didn't really think the Norman thing through. This was a team that nearly won the SB, and you are letting an all pro go and drafting a guy at a position of strength who probably isn't going to be a huge contributor right away

Yeah they basically have nobody at the CB position with Josh gone, and one of them is hurt as well. So surprised they didn't go CB here.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:58 PM   #119
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Damn Myles.

Just saw a tweet that said he gets paid 5 million in insurance money if he falls out of the first

That hasn't gone very well for some players in the past, so I hope he's actually able to collect it
Old 04-28-2016, 11:02 PM   #120
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Very sure Zimmer had a hard time passing on Jack. His type of player. I actually thought Jack would be the pick even though it wasnt really a need due to Zimmers love of fast quick LBs. Like the Treadwell pick but dont love it. I think his ceiling is that of a good NFL WR and not the All Pro type. A much better fit than Fuller would have been however. Anyone remember Hayward-bey or Troy Williamson?

Last edited by jbergey22 : 04-28-2016 at 11:06 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:03 PM   #121
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
That hasn't gone very well for some players in the past, so I hope he's actually able to collect it

Myles Jack Will Be Just Fine
Old 04-28-2016, 11:06 PM   #122
Suicane75
Coordinator

I'd be elated if I were a Cardinals fan. Love the value of the pick.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:10 PM   #123
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Yeah, I think a playoff team in need of that position should have taken him. Worth the gamble IMO. That kind of talent isnt usually something easily accumulated late in the first round.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:42 PM   #124
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'd love to see the Jags walk away with Jack in teh 2nd round, That'd be odd. Get both Jack and Ramsey without trading up?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:10 AM   #125
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
It seems odd to me. The Giants have always preached the "best player available" draft strategy. Maybe they did try to trade down and simply didn't get a good enough deal. Apple (based solely on all of the "experts" because I don't pay attention to college much) seems like a reach at #10.

I wonder if they see something in Apple that makes them think he can be moved to FS and be great at it...

Edit: Just read some of the scouting reports on Apple, and everyone praises his ability to cover receivers in man coverage. So I guess they think he will be a better fit for their scheme than VH3.

Yeah I was thinking the same about FS but most comparisons I've seen are to Richard Sherman. We could certainly use that.

Great pick if the comparisons are close. Just makes me wonder why nobody was really projecting him above Hargreaves.

Wouldn't mind seeing us grab Ragland, Jarron Reed or AShawn in the 2nd rd.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:20 AM   #126
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Thank goodness someone took Fuller before the Bengals.

Agreed, but sad that Doctson and Treadwell were gone before their pick. I think they made the best of a bad situation, though I still would prefer Mackensie Alexander to Jackson. Jackson seems like a player though.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:35 AM   #127
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I think the Vikings got a steal.

Me too. I think they basically got Hines Ward.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:42 AM   #128
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
It is not a happy war room here in my basement at the moment.

My son has realized the very real prospect (which I've been telling him for two years) of spending virtually his entire college experience at a school that's under heavy probation.

Is he going to a directional school? Otherwise I think he'll be fine.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:08 AM   #129
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Looking at Jack...If he does or doesn't have surgery, wherever he lands, that team will have an extremely talented LB with a very big chip on his shoulder.

I would love to see him in Buffalo.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:04 AM   #130
Logan
Head Coach

Second round picks are only on 4 year contracts right? Where 1st round gets the fifth year option? At this point Jack may as well just have the surgery, sit a year, and focus on cashing in on his next deal in 3 years.

Last edited by Logan : 04-29-2016 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:57 AM   #131
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

If the Saints get Alexander, Whitehair, or Dodd with their Rd 2 pick, I will consider the draft off to an amazing start for them.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:18 AM   #132
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Is he going to a directional school? Otherwise I think he'll be fine.

By the time everything I believe that has occurred at Ole Miss comes out, I expect roughly 3-4 years of hardcore probation.

Point blank: I think it's the dirtiest program in America for the past several years, and I think Freeze is the dirtiest coach we've seen in college football in a long time. And that's what I've been saying for at least a couple of years now.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:25 AM   #133
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
What's interesting is that the first round only has 31 picks because of the NE penalty. What happens if someone trades up to pick 1 in the 2nd round to get Jack. Then he's the 32nd pick - which would have been a first round pick the last few seasons
Old 04-29-2016, 10:25 AM   #134
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
By the time everything I believe that has occurred at Ole Miss comes out, I expect roughly 3-4 years of hardcore probation.

Point blank: I think it's the dirtiest program in America for the past several years, and I think Freeze is the dirtiest coach we've seen in college football in a long time. And that's what I've been saying for at least a couple of years now.

I don't disagree with the thought, I just don't see it happening. Even with a bunch of leaked texts and an admission, they'll still need Tunsil to cooperate despite having absolutely no reason to.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:30 AM   #135
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
What's interesting is that the first round only has 31 picks because of the NE penalty. What happens if someone trades up to pick 1 in the 2nd round to get Jack. Then he's the 32nd pick - which would have been a first round pick the last few seasons

I saw more detail on this earlier from Rovell. Supposedly, it's not a flat $5MM payout for not going in the first round.

Quote:
Former UCLA linebacker Myles Jack is covered by a $5 million loss-of-value policy. When his mother took it out two years ago, Jack became the first sophomore college football player ever to secure such a policy.

A source with knowledge of the policy says that Jack will start to collect if he falls to the 45th pick in the draft and will get about $60,000 per pick after that. That means Jack will collect north of $1 million if he slips into the third round, but he would have to fall into the early sixth round to collect the entire policy.

Info on Jaylon Smith's policy:

Quote:
As previously reported, former Notre Dame linebacker Jaylon Smith took out an insurance policy in the fall that would pay up to $5 million if he got hurt and slipped in the draft. Smith then seriously injured his knee in the Fiesta Bowl.

A source with knowledge of the policy said that Smith will receive a tax-free $700,000 if he becomes the top pick in the second round. If he is selected later than that, he'll collect an additional $100,000 for each spot he falls.

Former UCLA Bruins LB Myles Jack will collect on insurance policy if he falls to 45th pick
Old 04-29-2016, 10:44 AM   #136
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I don't disagree with the thought, I just don't see it happening. Even with a bunch of leaked texts and an admission, they'll still need Tunsil to cooperate despite having absolutely no reason to.

I think Tunsil is merely the tip of the proverbial iceberg, and given some of the oh-so-reliable characters that I think are the real heavy violations, it's just a matter of time before beans get spilled.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:54 AM   #137
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Per Logan's post. Well, it makes sense for both Jack and Smith to slip until the 6th round. They'd get a shorter contract and get much more money ($5 mil) than at any pick from rounds 2-5. I wonder what their agents are doing behind the scenes. This might be the first situation where a player hopes to get selected in the 5-7 round and not rounds 2-4.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:10 AM   #138
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Per Logan's post. Well, it makes sense for both Jack and Smith to slip until the 6th round. They'd get a shorter contract and get much more money ($5 mil) than at any pick from rounds 2-5. I wonder what their agents are doing behind the scenes. This might be the first situation where a player hopes to get selected in the 5-7 round and not rounds 2-4.

But if their agents were telling teams not to draft them, wouldn't it risk voiding the insurance contract?
Old 04-29-2016, 11:16 AM   #139
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
But if their agents were telling teams not to draft them, wouldn't it risk voiding the insurance contract?

pretty sure the agents have some hackers on standby with pics of them in the schoolbook depository 6th floor window or something like that to help with the free fall.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:53 AM   #140
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Jack's comments on potentially needing microfracture surgery make a lot more sense now.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:09 PM   #141
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Jack's comments on potentially needing microfracture surgery make a lot more sense now.

His candor is still baffling. It's not like he can't play this season. He's good to go he just will need it down the line
Old 04-29-2016, 12:12 PM   #142
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
His candor is still baffling. It's not like he can't play this season. He's good to go he just will need it down the line

But

(1) He might actually want to slip in the draft because of his insurance policy, and

(2) he might be good to go this year, but he might still want to have the surgery early and try and have a full career after instead of a short career before.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:25 PM   #143
MrBug708
Head Coach

His pay for a second round pick and insurance money is still less than mid first round pick which would have been the result yesterday. Unless this is Efo situation where he will be a 5th round pick

Last edited by MrBug708 : 04-29-2016 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:28 PM   #144
bhlloy
Coordinator

Sounds like the Steelers took a corner with a third/fourth round grade on him? Why not just take Jack and get the guy at some point in the second?
Old 04-29-2016, 12:29 PM   #145
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
His pay for a second round pick and insurance money is still less than mid first round pick which would have been the result yesterday

Plus if he slips that far as a direct result of him saying he needed the microfracture surgery, the insurance company is going to fight him every single step of the way for that money.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:50 PM   #146
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sounds like the Steelers took a corner with a third/fourth round grade on him? Why not just take Jack and get the guy at some point in the second?

Yeah, I'm still pretty nauseous about it.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:04 PM   #147
Edward64
Head Coach

Nevermind

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-29-2016 at 01:06 PM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 01:11 PM   #148
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Yeah, I'm still pretty nauseous about it.

I'm quite happy about it. Not sure why they passed on Alexander for Burns though.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:07 PM   #149
MrBug708
Head Coach

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
Dr. James Andrews, who examined Myles Jack in December, told the UCLA LB today that he does not need micro-fracture surgery.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:58 PM   #150
Logan
Head Coach

Probably should have told him that yesterday.