Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #101
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by trirol View Post
As Senator posted what a win! My face was hurting from the cold and the stupid smile that I couldn't wipe off my face after the win - it was bitter sweet for my son - he would have loved the opportunity to be on the field with his teammates, but he did not make the 52 man play-off squad, he made last year's playoff squad - but it was the first time in a long time my son and I were in the stands watching a sporting event together - I dont know yet if I'm going up to Sioux Falls again...the driving has really been hard this year physically and financially - last year's plane tickets were an early X'mas gift my wife and I gave to ourselves - it'll be a difficult decision even if he is activated for the game...I do hope the Magic continues at least one more game, just to avenge last year's loss -

I just found out that trirol's son - Marcus - was killed in a car accident driving back to Tabor from Dallas on I35. We are devastated, and our heart's go out to the Manny family.

http://www.legacy.com/DallasMorningN...onID=124668381
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand

Last edited by Senator : 03-04-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:42 PM   #102
Izulde
Head Coach

I was hoping for good news when I saw this thread bumped.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:31 PM   #103
Icy
Pro Starter

Ouch, my sincere condolences, i also came here looking for good news

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #104
Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trirol View Post
Senator --- Just got back from the long drive - what a neat ride your bro and my son has been on - two young Texans in totally different spots in their lives, yet has this experience to share for the rest of their lives! - like you said TWO seasons Two Rings! I think my son might think the rest of his life would be this fruitful from here on out ... congrats TABOR

MAN, this is hard to read.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 03-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #105
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Oh that's awful, prayers for the family & friends.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:07 AM   #106
BYU 14
Coordinator

Tragic news, prayers and condolences to the Family.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:23 PM   #107
Senator

My brother won the Texas Private School State Championship as assistant head coach and defensive coordinator of Kinkaid School in Houston.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #108
Senator

One year later - brother Clay is playing for his second consecutive private school State Championship, tomorrow night at Rice stadium.

He got some nice press yesterday:

Defense powers Kinkaid into SPC Championship Game

By Michael Sudhalter | Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 12:00 am

The defending Southwest Preparatory Conference Division I champion Kinkaid football team is best known for its potent offense that’s averaging 54 points per game this season.

But it’s the Falcons defense that’s played an equally important role in the team’s 9-0, 5-0 record.

Kinkaid has allowed 13.7 points per game and only twice allowed more than two touchdowns this season.

And those numbers don’t do the Falcons justice. Many of the final scores are the result of the opponents scoring points in the fourth quarter long after the game has been decided.

“Everybody talks about those guys (on offense),” Kinkaid head football coach Stephen Hill said. “People don’t realize we’re the No. 1 defense in the state for private schools.”

Kinkaid will look to defend its conference title when it faces St. John’s (7-2, 5-0) at 7 p.m. Friday in the SPC Championship Game at Rice Stadium.

The Falcons are creating 4.5 turnovers per game, something that “makes a lot of difference,” according to Hill.

The defense’s success complements the Falcons’ offensive juggernaut.

“They give us the ball back so quickly and create good field position for us,” Hill said.

The Kinkaid defense is led by seniors Wells Johnson, Matt Ellis, Andrew Campbell and sophomore John David Johnson.

“We’re a really fast defense, which makes up for our lack of size,” Wells Johnson said. “We all pursue to the ball and stop the offense.”

The Falcons run multiple sets, and “that’s what makes us so good. (Teams) don’t know what to prepare for,” said Hill.

When Hill was hired in the spring of 2010, he hired Clayton Sanders as the team’s Associate Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator

“He’s phenomenal,” Hill said. “He’s got full reign over the defense.”

When Sanders started coaching, he was the co-defensive coordinator at Brookshire Royal, where Hill was the offensive coordinator.

They became best friends and told each other that whoever got a head coach position first would call the other person about joining their staff.

“(Hill’s) given me so much freedom to take the defense and mold it,” Sanders said. “He’s been a great leader.”

Sanders said the Kinkaid defense benefits from facing the offense every day in practice.

“I don’t think we’ll face an offense in our conference as good as our offense,” Sanders said. “(Our) are kids are very intelligent. They lock into every word you say. It’s great to give directions and the directions actually get carried out to perfection.”

Old 10-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #109
BYU 14
Coordinator

Congrats, go Kinkaid!!!
Old 10-29-2011, 06:42 PM   #110
Senator

Kinkaid defense powers Falcons to 28-7 SPC Championship win over St. John's

By Michael Sudhalter | Posted: Friday, October 28, 2011 9:17 pm

For much of this chilly evening at Rice Stadium, the usually-automatic Kinkaid football team's offense wasn't clicking.

And archrival St. John's was controlling the clock and winning the turnover battle, 2-to-0.

So, it was up for the Falcons' powerful, yet unheralded defense, to step up and lead Kinkaid (10-0, 6-0) to its second consecutive Southwest Preparatory Conference Division I Championship with a 28-7 victory over archrival, St. John's, on Friday night.

"I knew it was going to be a tough game, and I knew we'd struggle to move the ball a little bit," Kinkaid coach Stephen Hill said.

Kinkaid extended its winning streak over the Mavericks (7-3, 5-1) to four games, the first time they've accomplished that feat since a stretch from 1991-95, in which they won five in a row.

The Falcons scored 28 unanswered points after Mavericks senior running back Dan Tweardy scored on a 2-yard touchdown run in the first quarter.

Kinkaid senior quarterback Ford Childress, a West Virginia commit, scored two touchdowns (one passing and one rushing) to finish the season with 46 touchdowns.

Childress finished his career as 20-1 as a starter, which is also Hill's record with the program.

"(Winning a second straight SPC title) is so big -- it's a testament to our kids, their work ethic and determination," Hill said. "They showed up (this summer) bought in and this was their goal. This is something they'll never, ever forget."

Sam Eggleston scored on a three-yard touchdown run out of the Wildcat Formation, and Macan Wilson scored on a nine-yard touchdown run to extend the lead to 21 points.

Kinkaid now leads the overall series, 37-24. Friday marked the first time that the teams met in a conference championship game.

The 28 points were a season-low for the Falcons, who entered the game averaging 54 points per game. Their previous low was a 34 point effort in a 34-0 victory last month at Westbury Christian.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:04 PM   #111
Alf
Pro Starter

yay!
Old 10-30-2011, 03:15 AM   #112
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Love it, wtg Kinkaid.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:06 PM   #113
MIJB#19
Coordinator

That's great, Senator!
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #114
Senator

One eye open gentlemen, for a possible announcement.

Episcopal School of Dallas — Gene and Jerry Jones Family Stadium

Dallas, Texas

Year in Showcase: 2009

Project Description

Made possible by a donation from Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, the Gene & Jerry Jones Family Stadium was designed to meet the demands of the school’s rapidly growing athletics program.

The facility includes public restrooms, two team locker rooms, a field office, a concessions stand, press boxes. An elevator provides access from the ground level to two additional seating levels, as well as press and coaches’ boxes.

Designed to fit in with the existing campus context, the stadium was constructed of prairie stone and brick. Tower elements promote visual recognition of the school, while a paved plaza creates a landscaped pedestrian walkway connecting the stadium to the nearby Susan M. Frank Center for Arts and Humanities.

The canopy and flanking towers give the stadium a strong presence within the campus setting, and the tower roofs afford views of the field for recording games. The form of the press box roof provides shade for spectators, as well as an interesting visual.

If you have time, watch this overview of the athletic/wellness area:

Largest Video Scoreboard in Texas Installed at Episcopal School of Dallas.

http://www.ultravisionled.com/index....egory=UVM_News

Old 03-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #115
Senator

Looks like yours truly will be assisting the head coach at Dallas Episcopal this coming fall.

Damn, right!!

Old 03-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #116
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Looks like yours truly will be assisting the head coach at Dallas Episcopal this coming fall.

Damn, right!!

Congrats and damn I want to coach in Texas
Old 03-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #117
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Coolness
Old 03-10-2012, 06:17 AM   #118
Senator

Remember in 2004 when this thread started he was a married father of two, with a nothing job, wondering if he should go back to college to play football at age 29?

Now, he is head coach of one of the most prestigious schools in Texas and one of the highest paid coaches as well.

You guys were right at the beginning, this is stranger than fiction.

Last edited by Senator : 03-10-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:18 AM   #119
Senator

Contract signed, sealed, and delivered, but announcement will come at a press conference after spring break. I will post that here then, but wanted to tell my friends here who have followed this from 2004.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...t=living+dream

Last edited by Senator : 03-10-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #120
Alf
Pro Starter

This is why people like the United States of America : this can happen !

Last edited by Alf : 03-10-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #121
Senator

Officially broke over the wire.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #122
PilotMan
Head Coach

Fantastic! That is one hell of a stadium, what an opportunity!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #123
Senator

spcsports.org

ESD Announces New Football Coach & Assistant Coach
Posted 03/21/2012 05:20PM

From Coach David Tollison, Director of Athletics and Wellness:

We are pleased to announce that ESD has hired a new head football coach and assistant coach to shape and guide all aspects of our football program, grades 7-12. Clayton Sanders will be the head coach and defensive coordinator and Richard Williams will be the offensive coordinator. Both coaches come to us from Houston Kinkaid, where they helped the Falcons claim the SPC Division I Championship the last two seasons. We are confident Clayton and Richard will help us realize our goal of building a unified football program of which our community can be proud.

Clayton Sanders is a highly-regarded inspirational and enthusiastic motivator. He will harness the energy and talent of a wide-range of people and engage all facets of our community. Coach Sanders will provide many opportunities for our student-athletes to enhance their spiritual, intellectual, and physical development. Moreover, Coach Sanders has a great deal of experience and knowledge of the game of football. He has played, coached, and experienced success at every level, including at the collegiate level, and has served as the assistant head coach and defensive coordinator for two high schools. Most recently, impressive results have come while coaching at SPC rival Houston Kinkaid. A few highlights include:

20-1 record and two conference championships (2011 and 2010)
One of the top defenses in the conference both years--allowing opponents, on average, fewer than 200 total yards per game
In 2010 the defense, on average, held opponents to 18 points per game while forcing 5 turnovers per game
In 2011 the defense, on average, held opponents to 11 points per game while forcing 4 turnovers per game

Richard Williams, a Kinkaid alum, is an engaging educator and coach. In addition to his assistant coaching duties for football, wrestling, and track at Kinkaid, Coach Williams currently works as a physics instructor and the science department's lab manager. He will serve in the same capacities at ESD. Coach Williams also has a strong football background, having played and coached at the collegiate level. He was a starting running back and team captain at Rice University and served as a graduate assistant coach at Rice in 1991. For the past two seasons, Coach Williams has been Kinkaid's offensive coordinator. A few of the Falcon's offensive highlights include:

One of the top offenses in the conference the past two years--averaging over 400 total yards per game
2010 team averaged 40 points per game
2011 team averaged 54 points per game

We believe one of the most important components of a successful varsity program is providing a training ground for our student-athletes to develop and mature. As such, Coach Sanders and Coach Williams are committed to supporting our Middle School program and reestablishing the JV program, providing a safe and substantive experience at all levels. This requires immediate and dedicated attention, ensuring we are prepared for spring training and the 2012 football season.

Clayton Sanders and Richard Williams are men of strong character, integrity, and faith who will be outstanding role-models and mentors for our student-athletes. I look forward to the beginning of an exciting new era in football at ESD.

Thank you for your continued support of ESD athletics.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #124
Izulde
Head Coach

There aren't enough words to say how cool this is. Congratulations, Clay!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #125
Senator

Spending my late hours memorizing a 105 page offensive playbook. Spring football on May 7-12. This is harder than I thought.

Big jump from coaching my little youth team the past 7 years and this level.

NEPOTISM RULZ!!!

Old 04-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #126
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Spending my late hours memorizing a 105 page offensive playbook. Spring football on May 7-12. This is harder than I thought.

Big jump from coaching my little youth team the past 7 years and this level.

NEPOTISM RULZ!!!

Holy crap, that's pretty robust for a HS team. Our 'antiquated' Wing T playbook is only 48 pages, however when you take all the passing we will rarely do out it is only 22

What position(s) are you coaching? (rechecked the thread, but didn't see it mentioned)
Old 04-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #127
Senator

Assistant OC in the booth. I can only make the summer camps and 7-7 because of my regular job, but I will do HUDL scout during the week, and then assist play calling on Friday nights. Not a bad gig for someone like me.

Was going to help with QB's but some dude named Aikman bumped me after hanging with my brother at a school fundraiser last week. So much for blood being thicker than water.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #128
Alf
Pro Starter

Aikman ?
Old 04-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #129
Senator

Yeah, apparently he and Moose (who both have kids at the school) want to be a part of things.

Last edited by Senator : 04-21-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #130
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, apparently he and Moose (who both have kids at the school) want to be a part of things.

But Skip Bayless said Aikman was........
Old 04-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #131
Senator

I will make a pass at him and report back here.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #132
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Happy for you and your brother, Senator. Good luck this upcoming season!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:37 AM   #133
Alf
Pro Starter

Quote:

Geez. Those guys can't give bad advice football wise I'd say. Wow.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:57 AM   #134
Senator

Today I am coaching the ESD varsity 7-7 in the State Qualifying Tournament. The head coach cannot coach because it is summer and this is UIL, so he asked me to do it. Up and at em at 5am, its going to be a long day. I have no idea what to expect. We have to be in the top 2 of a pool of 32 to make it to the state tournament in July. I know we are about 3 weeks behind other schools in prep but these kids will compete if I don't screw up calling plays.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #135
Senator

That was hella fun.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:14 AM   #136
Icy
Pro Starter

Awesome how things have gone since 2004 when we started to follow your brother, a true success story that could be a nice movie plot one day.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #137
Senator

A brutal day in Wichita Falls, Texas. Heat beat down as we played game after game. Cramps were a problem. Stiff competition was a problem. Character and Determination won out. First time in school history to make the State 7-7 Tournament for all UIL public and private schools - heading to Texas A&M. A great day!

Old 06-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #138
MIJB#19
Coordinator

I thought tebowing was sooooooooo 2011.

Anyway, happy to read you and the kids had so much fun.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #139
Senator

The kid Tebowing could be TT little brother. They look exactly alike. So much so, that during the entire tournament, the other teams taunted him with it. I told him his only answer is the scoreboard at the end of the day. That was his little payback when the other teams were watching.

I will start another thread and end this one. I think a fresh one about the season upcoming would be better.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #140
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
The kid Tebowing could be TT little brother. They look exactly alike. So much so, that during the entire tournament, the other teams taunted him with it. I told him his only answer is the scoreboard at the end of the day. That was his little payback when the other teams were watching.
well done!