Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-09-2008, 10:49 PM   #101
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
Pretty cool looking over those old draft picks....6 players in that 1st round have played for my Gothams...including the two players debated over.
Poole, the much fought after #11 pick, hit .304 last season and is currently in the FA pool demanding big bucks.

He's always demanded big bucks.

While he was a Cracker, though, he always produced. Only year he seemed to "take off" was the final year of his contract. He still wanted $6 M per or more, though, so I told him where to go.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 12-09-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #102
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ping: Alan

I forgot to bring this up, but something I am hoping you're able to look into.

My 2B, Jorge Tejada, used to have a 2B rating of around 26-30 or so, and he was a natural 2B. For some reason, that rating has completely disappeared, which makes no sense to me. Could you please take a look at this and see if it's possible to restore that (or at least give him a 1 to return him to being able to play 2B at least a little). Thanks.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:30 AM   #103
Tasan
College Starter

Chief, I think if you do the weird OOTP math, his Range and Error have decreased due to age so much that he can no longer sport a rating at 2nd, and probably SS for that matter.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:37 AM   #104
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Chief, I think if you do the weird OOTP math, his Range and Error have decreased due to age so much that he can no longer sport a rating at 2nd, and probably SS for that matter.

Well, he was never a SS, so far as I know. I guess I could see that reasoning. I never saw a rating just disappear, though, like this. And besides, as I said, he's actually a natural 2B, from what I saw--2B was his highest rating when I signed him. So it's really weird for that to just disappear (or for that particular rating to disappear).

Old 12-10-2008, 06:03 AM   #105
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I forgot to bring this up, but something I am hoping you're able to look into.

My 2B, Jorge Tejada, used to have a 2B rating of around 26-30 or so, and he was a natural 2B. For some reason, that rating has completely disappeared, which makes no sense to me. Could you please take a look at this and see if it's possible to restore that (or at least give him a 1 to return him to being able to play 2B at least a little). Thanks.

I don't have the game in front of me right now, but what is his age?

I have seen this happen alot to players over time if their rating is not very proficient they eventually lose it as they age.

The reality is a 1 rating won't change how well he plays much more than a 0 rating will though.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:18 AM   #106
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Well, he was never a SS, so far as I know. I guess I could see that reasoning. I never saw a rating just disappear, though, like this. And besides, as I said, he's actually a natural 2B, from what I saw--2B was his highest rating when I signed him. So it's really weird for that to just disappear (or for that particular rating to disappear).

I saw the same thing with Lang. He use to be an absolute stud of a center fielder, but with age he really decreased in all fielding areas, to include positional ratings.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:45 AM   #107
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Yup, happens all of the time with old, washed up guys.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:05 AM   #108
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Well, we got a catcher, a pitcher (unless he decides he's 36 or something), a thirdbaseman, and a reasonably hitting firstbaseman to platoon or DH or just take up bench space or whatever.

Still need some more pieces, so we'll see how this next round goes.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #109
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

I managed to snag myself a 21yr old with the the career potential to be a AAA middle releiver...snooze ya lose suckers!

Last night was by FAR the biggest swing and a miss I've had in FA. I had 3 guys who I though I was a lock for, that I missed out on. (2 I plainly got out bid, and one took less over 3 years then I offered for one, but that's life in OOTP)

There isn't much left that appeals to me and my budget. I could really use a deep draft though!! The cupboards are getting bare!

If anyone has a moderatly priced IF with contact over 90 give me a call..I am shopping!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #110
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Are we giving updates?

Hmm, got a really nice bat in 1B Gonzalez who can be an excellent one half of a platoon there. I got a very solid young MR in Cole who should be a cheaper pen filler than overspending for one of the older guys. I signed a play everywhere IF in Chase with high CON who will probably start at SS. And I signed a bunch of kids who are fringe talents for the most part.

I also resigned Berui for an uber-cheap deal, which is fantastic.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 12-10-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #111
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:

One thing you can do to see how this works is pop open a single player game of OOTP, go into commish mode and edit a guy. Keep lowering things like range and error, and you'll see (especially in middle infielders) their ratings at their postions go down. I don't have the exact math down for it, but a position rating is just a sum of error, range, arm and turn double play weighted by position. 3rd base gets hit a lot on arm and I think range. 2nd gets hit on range, error, and turn double (i'm guessing his range dropped a bit this season). SS loses on range, arm (to a lesser extent) and turn double. 1st is the least weighted position in the infield, and can have really low numbers to get a decent rating. Experience at the position also weighs in, but not anywhere near as much as the "big 4" fielding ratings.

In other words, this is nothing like the bug breaking 100 contact hitters that we are considering fixing on VERY limited cases.

Last edited by Tasan : 12-10-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #112
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Are we giving updates?

Hmm, got a really nice bat in 1B Gonzalez who can be an excellent one half of a platoon there. I got a very solid young MR in Cole who should be a cheaper pen filler than overspending for one of the older guys. I signed a play everywhere IF in Chase with high CON who will probably start at SS. And I signed a bunch of kids who are fringe talents for the most part.

I also resigned Berui for an uber-cheap deal, which is fantastic.

Oh, and I almost forgot to shake my fist at you for the Ed Morgan signing!
Well done...in a salary cap world it's steals like that that make the difference!

$3mil a season for a 91contact 100power 80eye guy!

I offered equal money per, but only 2 yrs. Serves me right I should of gone for it!!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 12-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #113
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh, and I almost forgot to shake my fist at you for the Ed Morgan signing!
Well done...in a salary cap world it's steals like that that make the difference!

$3mil a season for a 91contact 100power 80eye guy!

I offered equal money per, but only 2 yrs. Serves me right I should of gone for it!!

Heh...signing him for that cheap is the big difference between me really blowing it up and giving it another go this year.

That said, he's really not very good against lefties.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:23 PM   #114
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Heh...signing him for that cheap is the big difference between me really blowing it up and giving it another go this year.

That said, he's really not very good against lefties.

Lefties eh.....very interesting...I'll have to write that down!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 12-10-2008, 01:25 PM   #115
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Lefties eh.....very interesting...I'll have to write that down!

Don't think it will help you, since I also signed Glen McKay and still have Ben Schmidt, who both murder lefties.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #116
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Don't think it will help you, since I also signed Glen McKay and still have Ben Schmidt, who both murder lefties.

Hehe true, maybe in a micro manage league I could have an extra lefty or two in the pen to give me the option of making you pinch hit and counter your platoons, but I sure as heck wont cater my team to defend against one wolf, when the whole pack is circling!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 12-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #117
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sim time! getting exports now!

Old 12-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #118
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

No exports from Ann Arbor, Colorado, Napa Valley and Rio Grande

Old 12-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #119
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Tuesday, December 2nd, 1986
New York Panthers: Signed free agent MR K. Ine to a 1-year contract worth a total of $820,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed SP D. Robinson to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $27,720,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed SS R. Guzmán to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed CF M. Conway to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $650,000.

Wednesday, December 3rd, 1986
Baltimore Gothams: Signed SP R. Hernández to a minor league contract extension.

Thursday, December 4th, 1986
Hartford Harpooners: Signed SS G. Marín to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $650,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed C C. Brooks to a minor league contract extension.

Friday, December 5th, 1986
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed 1B E. Espinosa to a minor league contract extension.

Saturday, December 6th, 1986
Baltimore Gothams: Signed CL R. Villegas to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $6,560,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 1B R. Holsinger to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $960,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed CF F. Rhodes to a minor league contract extension.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed C G. Johnson to a minor league contract extension.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed RF F. Jaramillo to a minor league contract extension.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed 1B S. Baker to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed LF A. Calderón to a minor league contract extension.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed SS S. Franco to a minor league contract extension.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed LF F. Mullen to a minor league contract extension.

Monday, December 8th, 1986
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent 1B G. Miller to a 1-year contract worth a total of $605,000.
Boston Settlers: Signed free agent C R. Jacobs to a 2-year contract worth a total of $965,000.
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent CF K. Gray to a minor league contract.
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent C T. Villalobas to a minor league contract.

Tuesday, December 9th, 1986
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent 3B T. Dillon to a minor league contract.

Wednesday, December 10th, 1986
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent 1B R. Bolzoni to a minor league contract.
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent 3B M. Kim to a minor league contract.

Thursday, December 11th, 1986
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent 1B D. Harris to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent RF C. Knapp to a 1-year contract worth a total of $790,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent SS R. MacDonald to a 2-year contract worth a total of $565,000.

Saturday, December 13th, 1986
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent C S. Whitfield to a minor league contract.

Sunday, December 14th, 1986
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent C F. García to a minor league contract.
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent SS E. Seals to a minor league contract.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #120
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Tuesday, December 16th, 1986
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent CF A. Parker to a minor league contract.

Wednesday, December 17th, 1986
Toronto Osprey: Signed free agent RF T. Cleveland to a 2-year contract worth a total of $3,700,000.
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent RF D. Upton to a minor league contract.
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent C Y. Shui to a minor league contract.

Thursday, December 18th, 1986
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent SS A. Keter to a minor league contract.
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent CF T. Yamada to a minor league contract.
San Diego Fathers: Signed free agent C S. Kim to a minor league contract.

Friday, December 19th, 1986
New York Panthers: Signed free agent CL E. Accioli to a 1-year contract worth a total of $235,000.
New York Panthers: Signed free agent SP M. López to a 1-year contract worth a total of $925,000.
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent 2B A. Daniel to a minor league contract.

Saturday, December 20th, 1986
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent 1B L. Duggan to a minor league contract.

Sunday, December 21st, 1986
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent LF T. Tucker to a minor league contract.
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent SS R. Madrid to a minor league contract.
New York Panthers: Signed free agent MR K. Pak to a 1-year contract worth a total of $775,000.

Monday, December 22nd, 1986
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent 1B A. Mellouk to a minor league contract.
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent SS J. Cuevas to a minor league contract.

Tuesday, December 23rd, 1986
San Diego Fathers: Signed free agent 3B M. Barraclough to a 2-year contract worth a total of $780,000.

Wednesday, December 24th, 1986
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent RF S. Oliver to a 2-year contract worth a total of $12,240,000.
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent 2B V. Bautista to a minor league contract.
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent 1B J. González to a minor league contract.

Thursday, December 25th, 1986
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent MR D. Ch'oe to a 1-year contract worth a total of $4,065,000.
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent LF N. Méndez to a minor league contract.
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent 1B J. Burns to a minor league contract.

Friday, December 26th, 1986
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent 1B W. Little to a 1-year contract worth a total of $900,000.

Monday, December 29th, 1986
Boston Settlers: Signed free agent SP D. Boily to a 2-year contract worth a total of $4,130,000.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed free agent SS G. Stewart to a 3-year contract worth a total of $5,650,000.

Tuesday, December 30th, 1986
Hartford Harpooners: Signed free agent MR J. Pérez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $715,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent CL R. Ramírez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $4,930,000.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:12 PM   #121
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Jan 1st retirees:

Spoiler

Old 12-10-2008, 09:14 PM   #122
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thursday, January 1st, 1987
Toronto Osprey: Signed free agent MR L. Finley to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,325,000.

Friday, January 2nd, 1987
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent MR D. Marnane to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,840,000.
Toronto Osprey: Signed free agent MR D. McDonald to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,870,000.

Sunday, January 4th, 1987
Boston Settlers: Signed free agent SP S. Adams to a 6-year contract worth a total of $74,650,000.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:14 PM   #123
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

That is all of tonight's signings the big one saved for last!

Old 12-10-2008, 09:19 PM   #124
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Boston Settlers: Signed free agent SP S. Adams to a 6-year contract worth a total of $74,650,000.

I guess my 5 years for $70.5 million wasn't good enough. Screw you, Skip!
SBL:
Charlotte Monarchs (1992-1994) 237 - 186
kaosfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:22 PM   #125
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

29 players in the draft rating 2 star through 5 star

Old 12-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #126
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The League modifiers for offense have been modified tonight as well as the rulebook edited for the new totals.

I decided that it would be more fair for everyone if these were put in prior to spring training so people could get a better feel for the effects of the changes on their lineup (if they wish to that is).

Old 12-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #127
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

aaaannd the game crashes on me while trying to save the league file. sweet.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #128
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sweet a load_database error.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:39 PM   #129
Tasan
College Starter

Oh dear. Thats NOT a good one. I hope you backed up really recently.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:43 PM   #130
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh dear. Thats NOT a good one. I hope you backed up really recently.

Any time this happens, there is always the previous day's file still on the ftp server that I can go back to. But it would require doing all of the signings by hand that were previously done (or tossing out the entire list and running it again which would usually provide different results in my experience. players don't sign the same way in multiple sims using the same file).

In this case, I just went in and fixed the offending .dat file and verified that it wasn't crashing anymore.

Anyhows.. new file is up!

Old 12-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #131
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Woohoo! In addition to the backup catcher, we get another good starting pitcher PLUS an ace for the staff! We may actually have a chance to be competitive this season...
Old 12-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #132
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sim time! Time for the draft and spring training. Should be interesting to see how the stats look with the slight bump on offense. Also will be interesting to me to see how many teams actually play many of their normal players to get a feel for the new modifiers vs just dumping them all in AAA for the spring.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:01 PM   #133
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

No file from Napa Valley, Rio Grande and New York

Old 12-11-2008, 09:02 PM   #134
Tasan
College Starter

yay spring training!

Anyone else think the draft pool was a little shallow?
Old 12-11-2008, 09:05 PM   #135
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Monday, February 2nd, 1987
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent C D. Forrest to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent RF D. López to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent LF B. Stephenson to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent RF A. Walsh to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent 1B H. Da Silva to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent 2B D. Faivre to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent SS T. Crooks to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent SS H. Eperaima to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent 2B E. Weber to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent 2B J. van der Kamp to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent 3B A. O'Day to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent 2B J. White to a minor league contract.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent SS M. Potvin to a minor league contract.

Tuesday, February 3rd, 1987
Baltimore Gothams: Signed RF R. Montalvo to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed SP D. Robinson to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $27,620,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed RF L. Acosta to a minor league contract extension.
San Diego Fathers: Signed free agent CF J. O'Keefe to a minor league contract.
San Diego Fathers: Signed free agent SP G. Mundhir to a minor league contract.

Wednesday, February 4th, 1987
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 3B T. Ladd to a minor league contract extension.
Boston Settlers: Signed free agent SP N. Nii to a 2-year contract worth a total of $510,000.

Thursday, February 5th, 1987
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed SS J. Conley to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $5,115,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed 1B J. Ekkel to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,440,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed 2B S. Riddle to a minor league contract extension.

Friday, February 6th, 1987
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed free agent MR D. Anderson to a 2-year contract worth a total of $4,690,000.
Toronto Osprey: Signed free agent SP C. Sukarno to a 3-year contract worth a total of $2,565,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed SP O. Mazzolani to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $1,965,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent MR Q. Medici to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,370,000.
Columbus Crusaders: Signed free agent RF V. Narvaes to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,165,000.
San Diego Fathers: Signed free agent MR Z. Lee to a minor league contract.
San Diego Fathers: Signed free agent CL A. Chihuahua to a minor league contract.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed free agent RF D. Hunter to a 5-year contract worth a total of $17,600,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed MR S. Clark to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $1,170,000.
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent 3B A. Summers to a 1-year contract worth a total of $700,000.
San Diego Fathers: Signed free agent MR J. Martínez to a minor league contract.
Columbus Crusaders: Signed free agent CF A. Poole to a 2-year contract worth a total of $8,200,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed CL D. Hennessey to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $4,360,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent CL K. O'Quinn to a 2-year contract worth a total of $2,520,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 2B P. Hernández to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SP C. Davis to a 2-year contract worth a total of $7,360,000.
St. Louis Terriers: Signed SP D. Pike to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,100,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed free agent RF T. Ewing to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,400,000.
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent SS O. Yamazaki to a 3-year contract worth a total of $14,340,000.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed MR F. Padilla to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $6,930,000.
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent CF J. López to a 3-year contract worth a total of $1,680,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed SP C. Birkbeck to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $870,000.
San Diego Fathers: Signed free agent CF S. Lamb to a minor league contract.
St. Louis Terriers: Signed free agent MR J. Wang to a 2-year contract worth a total of $400,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed free agent CL J. Campbell to a 2-year contract worth a total of $380,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed MR T. Matsumoto to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $950,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed 2B R. Luna to a minor league contract extension.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed CL J. Byrne to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $190,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed CL B. Newman to a minor league contract extension.
San Diego Fathers: Signed free agent CL B. Hensley to a minor league contract.
San Diego Fathers: Signed free agent CL A. Tunc to a minor league contract.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #136
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
yay spring training!

Anyone else think the draft pool was a little shallow?

Very.

I've been at the sharp end of the draft for several years now and have not landed a single good SP.
SBL:
Old 12-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #137
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Colorado Rancheros: Signed MR F. Padilla to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $6,930,000.

Okay, had no idea he would go for 3 years of the low low contract he was asking for. Very nice.

Wish Rice would have gone for my low ball offer. Oh well, we'll see what we can do.

Last edited by Tasan : 12-11-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #138
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosfere View Post
Very.

I've been at the sharp end of the draft for several years now and have not landed a single good SP.

I haven't looked as in depth into the draft as I am sure some owners have, but I have noticed at least 1-4 superstar Middle relievers that have enough endurance to be a stud Starting pitcher in each of the past drafts.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #139
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Round 9
Round 9, Pick 1 - Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: SS C. Tremblay
Round 9, Pick 2 - Columbus Crusaders: SP J. Capos
Round 9, Pick 3 - Boston Settlers: 1B H. Paluari
Round 9, Pick 4 - Chicago Black Sox: RF G. Flores
Round 9, Pick 5 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP B. Morris
Round 9, Pick 6 - Toronto Osprey: CF C. Wells
Round 9, Pick 7 - St. Louis Terriers: 3B J. Dethridge
Round 9, Pick 8 - Brooklyn Brownstones: CF S. Muńóz
Round 9, Pick 9 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: RF R. Gonzáles
Round 9, Pick 10 - San Diego Fathers: C J. Arteaga
Round 9, Pick 11 - Atlanta Firecrackers: CF J. Morales
Round 9, Pick 12 - Napa Valley Winemakers: MR O. Fareed
Round 9, Pick 13 - New York Panthers: SS F. Ai
Round 9, Pick 14 - Colorado Rancheros: CF K. Waltenbery
Round 9, Pick 15 - Baltimore Gothams: CL A. Romero
Round 9, Pick 16 - Hartford Harpooners: CF B. Chaulk
Round 8
Round 8, Pick 1 - Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: 2B E. Cruz
Round 8, Pick 2 - Columbus Crusaders: LF J. Valéncia
Round 8, Pick 3 - Boston Settlers: MR C. Sun
Round 8, Pick 4 - Chicago Black Sox: MR T. Akerval
Round 8, Pick 5 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: RF C. Castro
Round 8, Pick 6 - Toronto Osprey: SS G. Long
Round 8, Pick 7 - St. Louis Terriers: MR J. Ai
Round 8, Pick 8 - Brooklyn Brownstones: RF K. Lian
Round 8, Pick 9 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: MR C. Esparza
Round 8, Pick 10 - San Diego Fathers: MR L. Martel
Round 8, Pick 11 - Atlanta Firecrackers: CL J. Sasaki
Round 8, Pick 12 - Napa Valley Winemakers: 3B J. Snow
Round 8, Pick 13 - New York Panthers: MR J. Guerrero
Round 8, Pick 14 - Colorado Rancheros: SP J. Nevárez
Round 8, Pick 15 - Baltimore Gothams: CF R. Torres
Round 8, Pick 16 - Hartford Harpooners: MR D. Preston
Round 7
Round 7, Pick 1 - Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: 3B J. Ruíz
Round 7, Pick 2 - Columbus Crusaders: C A. Taylor
Round 7, Pick 3 - Boston Settlers: RF J. Prieto
Round 7, Pick 4 - Chicago Black Sox: RF M. Villanueva
Round 7, Pick 5 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SS G. Árias
Round 7, Pick 6 - Toronto Osprey: MR J. Sweet
Round 7, Pick 7 - St. Louis Terriers: 1B M. Mendoza
Round 7, Pick 8 - Brooklyn Brownstones: 1B T. Horton
Round 7, Pick 9 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: 1B J. Morales
Round 7, Pick 10 - San Diego Fathers: C T. Lloyd
Round 7, Pick 11 - Atlanta Firecrackers: RF J. Stevens
Round 7, Pick 12 - Napa Valley Winemakers: LF P. Hamilton
Round 7, Pick 13 - New York Panthers: LF E. Rahilly
Round 7, Pick 14 - Colorado Rancheros: LF M. Machado
Round 7, Pick 15 - Baltimore Gothams: MR Á. Pérez
Round 7, Pick 16 - Hartford Harpooners: 3B C. Solís
Round 6
Round 6, Pick 1 - Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: SP K. Yamada
Round 6, Pick 2 - Columbus Crusaders: 3B P. Solís
Round 6, Pick 3 - Boston Settlers: SP J. Leatherman
Round 6, Pick 4 - Chicago Black Sox: SP S. Maruyama
Round 6, Pick 5 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: CF B. Tierney
Round 6, Pick 6 - Toronto Osprey: RF P. Allison
Round 6, Pick 7 - St. Louis Terriers: SP F. De La Rosa
Round 6, Pick 8 - Brooklyn Brownstones: LF Y. Baba
Round 6, Pick 9 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: MR C. She
Round 6, Pick 10 - San Diego Fathers: MR T. Tanaka
Round 6, Pick 11 - Atlanta Firecrackers: RF E. Wright
Round 6, Pick 12 - Napa Valley Winemakers: 2B B. Sánchez
Round 6, Pick 13 - New York Panthers: MR K. Smith
Round 6, Pick 14 - Colorado Rancheros: MR M. Towne
Round 6, Pick 15 - Baltimore Gothams: RF W. Alexander
Round 6, Pick 16 - Hartford Harpooners: MR J. Edwards
Round 5
Round 5, Pick 1 - Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: C R. Smallman
Round 5, Pick 2 - Columbus Crusaders: 3B R. Johns
Round 5, Pick 3 - Boston Settlers: 1B C. Barrera
Round 5, Pick 4 - Chicago Black Sox: C S. Suzuki
Round 5, Pick 5 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP M. Cerda
Round 5, Pick 6 - Toronto Osprey: SP B. Banks
Round 5, Pick 7 - St. Louis Terriers: RF R. Cuevas
Round 5, Pick 8 - Brooklyn Brownstones: CF K. Tsukamoto
Round 5, Pick 9 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: RF R. Peterson
Round 5, Pick 10 - San Diego Fathers: 2B T. Fisher
Round 5, Pick 11 - Atlanta Firecrackers: MR F. Stewart
Round 5, Pick 12 - Napa Valley Winemakers: LF J. Ávila
Round 5, Pick 13 - New York Panthers: 2B A. Medellín
Round 5, Pick 14 - Colorado Rancheros: 2B J. Caballero
Round 5, Pick 15 - Baltimore Gothams: SP R. Barlick
Round 5, Pick 16 - Hartford Harpooners: RF R. Molina
Round 4
Round 4, Pick 1 - Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: C M. González
Round 4, Pick 2 - Columbus Crusaders: C P. Bowman
Round 4, Pick 3 - Boston Settlers: SP M. Rodríguez
Round 4, Pick 4 - Chicago Black Sox: SP J. Mills
Round 4, Pick 5 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: LF D. Pageau
Round 4, Pick 6 - Toronto Osprey: RF S. Hasegawa
Round 4, Pick 7 - St. Louis Terriers: SP J. Ramírez
Round 4, Pick 8 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SP R. Alfonso
Round 4, Pick 9 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: MR M. Ellis
Round 4, Pick 10 - San Diego Fathers: SP J. Castaneda
Round 4, Pick 11 - Atlanta Firecrackers: MR N. Xing
Round 4, Pick 12 - Napa Valley Winemakers: 1B W. Hughes
Round 4, Pick 13 - New York Panthers: SP B. Bell
Round 4, Pick 14 - Colorado Rancheros: RF C. Ríos
Round 4, Pick 15 - Baltimore Gothams: CL J. Sánchez
Round 4, Pick 16 - Hartford Harpooners: C W. Shaw
Round 3
Round 3, Pick 1 - Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: C M. Quick
Round 3, Pick 2 - Columbus Crusaders: SP H. Nan
Round 3, Pick 3 - Boston Settlers: C A. Taylor
Round 3, Pick 4 - Chicago Black Sox: SP F. Guzmán
Round 3, Pick 5 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: RF J. Parker
Round 3, Pick 6 - Toronto Osprey: MR B. Golunski
Round 3, Pick 7 - St. Louis Terriers: SP B. Webb
Round 3, Pick 8 - Brooklyn Brownstones: 3B Á. Marroquín
Round 3, Pick 9 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: 3B V. Martínez
Round 3, Pick 10 - San Diego Fathers: 1B R. Gómez
Round 3, Pick 11 - Atlanta Firecrackers: LF J. Bamford
Round 3, Pick 12 - Napa Valley Winemakers: SS N. Price
Round 3, Pick 13 - New York Panthers: SS G. Price
Round 3, Pick 14 - Colorado Rancheros: 2B M. Merrit
Round 3, Pick 15 - Baltimore Gothams: MR K. Keller
Round 3, Pick 16 - Hartford Harpooners: 3B C. Mateo
Round 2
Round 2, Pick 1 - Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: SS J. Ortíz
Round 2, Pick 2 - Columbus Crusaders: SP T. Swyers
Round 2, Pick 3 - Boston Settlers: C J. Ortíz
Round 2, Pick 4 - Chicago Black Sox: SP D. Bradley
Round 2, Pick 5 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: CF E. Rincón
Round 2, Pick 6 - Toronto Osprey: 2B R. Hall
Round 2, Pick 7 - St. Louis Terriers: SP P. Oliver
Round 2, Pick 8 - Brooklyn Brownstones: 2B R. Hester
Round 2, Pick 9 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: LF C. Young
Round 2, Pick 10 - San Diego Fathers: C M. Harper
Round 2, Pick 11 - Atlanta Firecrackers: RF C. Molina
Round 2, Pick 12 - Napa Valley Winemakers: LF S. Papineau
Round 2, Pick 13 - New York Panthers: LF M. Reese
Round 2, Pick 14 - Colorado Rancheros: C N. Clark
Round 2, Pick 15 - Baltimore Gothams: 1B É. Lavergne
Round 2, Pick 16 - Hartford Harpooners: MR J. Segura
Round 1
Round 1, Pick 1 - Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: SP D. Frazier
Round 1, Pick 2 - Columbus Crusaders: RF E. Johnson
Round 1, Pick 3 - Boston Settlers: LF C. Cherry
Round 1, Pick 4 - Chicago Black Sox: CF Y. Ogura
Round 1, Pick 5 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: C E. Carias
Round 1, Pick 6 - Toronto Osprey: MR C. Ramos
Round 1, Pick 7 - St. Louis Terriers: 3B N. Dávila
Round 1, Pick 8 - Brooklyn Brownstones: 3B N. Williamson
Round 1, Pick 9 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: 1B D. Scott
Round 1, Pick 10 - San Diego Fathers: C M. Hudson
Round 1, Pick 11 - Atlanta Firecrackers: LF A. Urbina
Round 1, Pick 12 - Napa Valley Winemakers: CF K. Okumura
Round 1, Pick 13 - New York Panthers: RF M. Yamada
Round 1, Pick 14 - Colorado Rancheros: MR D. Williams
Round 1, Pick 15 - Baltimore Gothams: SS B. Bergevin
Round 1, Pick 16 - Hartford Harpooners: MR J. Villanueva

Old 12-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #140
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
I haven't looked as in depth into the draft as I am sure some owners have, but I have noticed at least 1-4 superstar Middle relievers that have enough endurance to be a stud Starting pitcher in each of the past drafts.

Well, yeah... *coughs and shuffles feet*
SBL:
Old 12-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #141
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:

Really? I saw one, and only 1 real good starter starter. Oh well, we've been expecting a talent shift at some point. I think pitching is on its way there.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #142
kaosfere
College Prospect

dola...

look! I got one!
SBL:
Old 12-11-2008, 09:13 PM   #143
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
Really? I saw one, and only 1 real good starter starter. Oh well, we've been expecting a talent shift at some point. I think pitching is on its way there.

Yeah, this draft class had 1 good SP and 1 good MR with a 50 endurance.
SBL:
Old 12-11-2008, 09:15 PM   #144
Tasan
College Starter

Not bad, my rather short list went 5 rounds. The the guy in the 5th round was the last guy on my list.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:16 PM   #145
Tasan
College Starter

I'm stockpiling young, very talented lefty relievers. Anyone need one? I'd trade one for some equally talented hitting.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #146
Tasan
College Starter

8, 12, 16, 19, and 30. Not too bad, I would have liked to get a top 4 guy, but drafting at 14 is kind of limiting.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #147
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Spring Training records:

CL:

Atlanta 15-9
Rio Grande 14-10
New York 13-11
Napa Valley 12-12
Brooklyn 12-12
Baltimore 11-13
Wyoming 11-13
Toronto 8-16

RL:

Hartford 16-8
Colorado 14-10
St. Louis 14-10
San Diego 13-11
Ann Arbor 13-11
Chicago 10-14
Boston 8-16
Columbus 8-16

Old 12-11-2008, 09:18 PM   #148
kaosfere
College Prospect

2, 8, and 15 here. I was lazy and just went 20 deep.
SBL:
Old 12-11-2008, 09:20 PM   #149
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosfere View Post
2, 8, and 15 here. I was lazy and just went 20 deep.

Well, it didn't go much deeper than that, so you were fine.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:23 PM   #150
kaosfere
College Prospect

I'm honestly shocked that I got Ramos. I did *not* expect that.
SBL: