Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-02-2007, 10:38 PM   #101
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sanchez set a career school passing record with 84 TD's beating Palmer's 72 TD's.

Players leaving:

Jordan Maiava, Kristopher O'Dowd, and Galippo are all going to the pros early. I talk Galippo and Maiava into coming back! O'Dowd won't listen to me and he goes. Rhett Ellison thins about transferring, but I talk him into staying. With our failure to land any TE's, he will be a key player next year.

Graduating: Travon Patterson, FB Coleman, Gable, LT Charles Brown, DT Thomas Harris, OLB Luther Brown, Sanchez, RT Thomas Herring. Holland and Ausberry both stayed and I expect them to have a big year even with a young QB throwing to them...

Who will be the QB?
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:15 PM   #102
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A GREAT 1st week of offseason recruiting has me smiling:

HB John Tyler - 5'11 200 pounds. 4 Star HB ranked 30th overall. He is from Bremerton, WA. He has good speed, great aility and acceleration. He is highly elusive. A solid receiver out of the backfield.

HB Blake Brown - A 4 star HB who is 5'11 198 and was the back I really wanted once I wiffed on the Texas backs. He is from Camarillo, CA and he is a true burner with great agility and acceleration. He doesn't have great receiving skills which is my only disappointment. He has speed that we haven't had at the position since Bush was here.

FB Michael Dawson - A big bruising FB that we haven't had here in a long time. He is a 4 star player ranked 51st overall. He is 6'1 241. He is from El Centro, Ca. He is a solid run blocker with room to become a great one. He has poor hands, but his main job will be to block for our backs and QB. He does have good speed for his size and could be valuable on short yardage.

WR Cedrick Griffin - A 4 star player ranked 89th overall. 6'4 231 with very good speed for his size. Not a burner, but he has very good hands and is able to catch in traffic well. Could become a great receiver in his 2nd or 3rd year.

K Craig Mason - There were no great kickers this year, but this kid was the best in the nation. 2 star kicker ranked 1021 overall. He is 6'1 211 and is from Doraville, Ga. He has good leg strength and accuracy and is clearly better than Wheeler. I promised him significant playing time and I will keep that promise. This kid will be the starter.

DE Noah Davis - 4 star player ranked 38 overall. He is undersized at 6'0 234. He is from Crystal Springs, MS. He plays with great technique despite his small size and he has excellent speed for a DE. He'll be a great outside rusher.

MLB Bryan Burrell - The star of our recruiting class. The #1 player in the nation. He is a 5 star MLB. He'll be a natural successor to Galippo in a year and will get some time this year. He is 6'1 230 and has speed to match most of our HB's. He is a highly aware player who is a very good tackler. He is an excellent pursuer of the ball with great instincts. Just average in coverage right now, but he could become special. He has good hands and should be a great interception guy once he improves his cover skills. He is from Dewey-Humboldt, AZ.

MLB Brian Myrick - Another great MLB that might make me think about a 3-4. Otherwise, he'll slide to OLB. He is a 5 star player ranked 19th overall. He is 6'3 230. He is from Schertz, TX. Not as fast as our main star but he is just as heady. He is also a great tackler. He is a decent coverage guy but also needs to improve in this area. Good agility.

The only downside this week is that we lost a 4 star T that I wanted who chose UCLA instead.

Our 2nd week of recruiting just went great as well!

QB Brandon Cole: 4 star ranked 231 overall. He is fast running a 4.4 in the 40. He is also elusive and agile. He has a cannon of an arm too. His only weakness is that his awareness is low and his accuracy is sometimes poor. Still, he'll be a strong contender for our QB job. One other weakness is his size - 6'0 175. He is from Covington, TN and Tennessee was his 2nd choice. GT was his 3rd.

Jimmy McDonald - 6'2 171 and fast as can be with tremendous acceleration and very good agility. He has suspect hands but if he can develop in that regard, he'll be a star WR for us. He is a 4 star player ranked 238 overall. He does have great awareness and I think he'll develop nicely.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:39 PM   #103
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

In week 3 of recruiting we land a speedy CB:

Reggie Pauly is a 4 star CB from Greenville, TX. He is ranked 260 overall. He runs a 4.35 in the 40 and is a good man coverage guy. Needs to work on his hands, but he should be able to cover most players.

i fail to get the C that I needed in the last few weeks, but in the last week we add yet another burner:

WR Mike duren from Danville, CA. He is 6'1 186 with 4.3 speed and great agility. He doesn't have top notch acceleration but once he gets going, he's going to be very hard to catch. He also has decent hands, better than the other burners I added this year.

Whoever is going to win the starting QB job better be able to chuck it way down field

Our class is ranked 5th overall. We signed 4 5 star guys, 10 4 star guys, 1 3 star guy, and 1 2 star guy.

Texas is 1st with 3 5 stars, 14 4 stars, 5 3 stars, and 1 2 star

Florida State is 2nd with 1 5 star, 16 4 stars, 3 3 stars, and 5 2 stars.

Tennessee is 3rd with 2-11-9-2

Oho State is 4th with 2-13-5.

Personally, I'd take my class over anyones and I think only Texas's really competes.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:19 AM   #104
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The failure to land a quality C is really going to hurt this year. We might have to start a very poor C, unless Daniel Harris can make a good transition from RG to C. The true sophomore is going to get a chance to start there as he wouldn't at RG. This year coming up, we must recruit a few stars for the OL.

Wow. We now have 8 corners on the roster. Other positions that have a glut: 7 HB's, 5 FB's, 10 WR's! Which i just realized burner Jimmy McDonald is a JUCO.

So, who has shown the most improvement at each group:

Redshirt Freshman David McKenzie showed the most improvement among the QB's but he is the most immobile and he has the weakest arm. However, he does have the most accurate arm of the group.

Aaron Corp is a redshirt junior with the best mobility besides our new freshman and he showed moderate improvement. He has a very strong arm, the strongest except for the freshman. However, his awareness is also poor. He has good accuracy. He probably gives us the best chance to win this year..

Derrick Huston is our prized recruit from a few years ago. He is now a redshirt sophomore. He has decent mobility and is very similar to Corp in most other ways, but not quite as elusive. However, is his potential greater?

John Coley is a redshirt Sophomore. He has the best awareness but lacks mobility. He has the weakest arm and least accurate except for the true freshman. He's definitely out of the mix.

Finally, there is the true freshman Brandon Cole. He has the speed of some of our HB's. He has better agility than some HB's. He has excellent acceleration. His awareness is horrendous. He has exceptional elusiveness. He has the juke moves of a HB. He can catch the ball well, too. He has the strongest arm on the team. He has the least accurate arm on the team except for Coley. He has the best stamina among all of the QB's. Who should I start?

McKnight only took a small step forward, but he is the fastest of the experienced backs with the best agility. He'll be the starter if he can stay healthy.

Michael Edwards took a nice leap forward and will be our short yardage back.

Among the FB's Jamar Atkinson took a big leap forward. The 5'11 232 pound player is slow and isn't a receiving threat but he is our best blocker among guys with previous experience.

Ausberry took a huge step forward and is clearly the most reliable WR with the best hands.

Holland took a modest step forward and is the fastest player on the team.

Roland Johnson has developed into a very good WR with great hands.

None of the other incumbants will hold off our speedy new receivers.

Anthony McCoy has taken a huge stride forward and will be a key player this year with very good speed for a TE. Rhett Ellison might regret staying as sophomore Terrance Franklin took a big step forward and will be our #2 TE.

Butch Lewis made great strides at RT and Zach Heberer made strides at RG. Our right side of our line will be strong, but C and the left side is a question mark. C is the biggest question mark by far. A true freshman could be starting there next year if we can recruit a good one this year.

Everson Griffen took a huge stride forward as did Blake Holland at the other DE position. So did DaJohn Harris. Our Defensive Line is going to be nasty again.

Galippo took a nice stride forward and is now rated 99 and poised for a superstar year.

Kyle Newton and Overstreet each gained in several areas and are poised for a big year.

Wheeler didn't improve at all and he will be cut from the team.

Chase Hardy our punter has improved nicely. He'll be very solid this year.

We have to cut a few players due to roster limits. I cut mostly slower players who weren't progressing well and weren't going to get playing time anyway.

I've got a tough decision on who to start at QB and I'll sleep on that, but tonight I'm deciding who to redshirt and I won't redshirt the freshman QB. At the very least, he is going to be a change of pace QB if my QB is struggling with heavy pressure like Cal got on Sanchez.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:28 AM   #105
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We redshirt the more well rounded but slower HB John Tyler. I plan on using Blake Brown as a homerun threat on swing passes and maybe motioning into the slot. I redshirt FB Michael Dawson. He'll be the starter next year but Atkinson is the better blocker this year and converted FB Lance Moss is the better receiver. I redshirt WR's Cedrick Griffin and and JUCO Jimmy McDonald. Mike Duren is the fastest of the 3 with the best hands of the 3 and we'll work him into some 4 WR sets as a true freshman. DE Noah Davis will have a year to put on some weight and work on his game. Ditto for OLB Raishaun Washington who is undersized. MLB Bryan Burrell is too good to sit. In fact, we'll run some 4-4 defenses just to get him on the field. His fellow MLB, now OLB, Brian Myrick will redshirt though. Reggie Pauly will also redshirt.

I'll decide on the depth chart tomorrow with the biggest decision being Corp's experience vs the potential of Derrick Hston vs the potential of David McKenzie vs the mobility and potential of true freshman Brandon Cole.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:43 AM   #106
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After giving it some consideration, Corp just isn't much better than Huston and Huston has shown more potentail. Also, Corp has played poorly with the 2nd team in games last year. I like Cole as a change of pace and he will get a series or two each game and will get used in the redzone some. So here is the depth chart:

QB: Huston (RS-SO-88), Cole (Fr-74), Corp (RS-JR-89)
HB: McKnight(RS-JR-93), Blake Brown (Fr - 76 with 96 speed best among the HB's), Edwards (RS-So-90)
FB: Atkinson (SR-86), Lance Moss (RS-Fr-73 with 89 speed, far better than any other FB), Clark (JR-76)
WR: Ausberry (RS-Sr-95), Holland (RS-Sr 93 with 99 speed), Roland Johnson (Rs-JR-90), Duren (Fr-69 with 95 speed), Cornelius Johnson (RS-Fr-84), Joel McCoy (Fr-77)
TE: Anthony McCoy (Rs-Sr-97), Terrance Franklin (RS-So-85), Ellison (RS-Jr-83)
LT: Andre Andrews (Jr-87), Charles Williams (Rs-Jr-76)
LG: Martin Coleman (RS-Jr-89), Anthony Schroeder (Jr-81)
C: Daniel Harris (So-74), Rudy Russell (So-72)
RG: Heberer (RS-Sr-93)
RT: Butch Lewis (RS-Sr-92)

We'll go after at least 6 linemen this year

LE: Griffen (Rs-Jr-93), Reardon (Sr-91), Bryson Richardson (Jr-84)
RE: Holland (RS-So-88), Swain (Rs-So-82)
DT: DaJohn Harris (RS-JR-94), Darren Coleman (FR-83), Mikuec (So-76)
LOLB: Bryan Burrell (FR-86 This kid is too good to be backup, he's better than my other options at LOLB and he'll be our starter at MLB next year and beyond), Ed Keyes (Rs-So-81), Jamaal Miller (RS-So-82)
MLB: Galippo (SR-99), Burrell (FR-85), Kyle Thomas (RS-So-76)
ROLB: Jordan Maiava (RS-Jr-94), Michael Carter (RS-Fr-76)
CB: Shareece Wright (RS-Sr-89), Kyle Newton (JR-88), Tyrone Overstreet (So-86), Donte Porter (SR-83), Jimmy Lynch (FR-79)
FS: Tony Watson (So-87), Greg Archie (So-78), George Robinson (RS-Fr-75)
SS: Marshall Jones (RS-Jr-93), Overstreet (74 here), Kevin Lewis (So-73)
K: Craig Mason (Fr-69 with Kick power of 82 and accuracy of 84)
P: Chase Hardey (So-77 with kick power of 93 and accuracy of 81)
KR: Roland Johnson and Holland (I'm letting him do it all, we're going to try to help him win the Heisman)
PR: Holland, Brown, McKnight

SOS: A-

Week 1: San Jose State
Week 2: At #5 Ohio State (I want revenge, hopefully this doesn't ruin our year)
Week 3: Bye
Week 4: #8 Cal
Week 5: at Arizona
Week 6: At Wash St.
Week 7: Washington
Week 8: Ariz St
Week 9: Bye
Week 10: At Oregon St
Wek 11: At Stanford
Week 12: Oregon
Week 13: #2 ND
Week 14: at #23 UCLA

We are in #6 in the pre-season poll. The top 5:

1. Texas - Explosive offense, excellent defense.
2. ND - Best offense in the game outside of USC. Good defense.
3. Florida State: Excellent offense, very good defense.
4. Florida - One of the top 3 offenses, excellent defense.
5. Ohio State - Excellent offense, excellent defense.

Before we even play our 1st game, A very good tackle committs on the spot when we offer him a scholarship! Derrick Smith is a 4 star 6'6 305 pound T from Cypress, CA. He is ranked 86th overall. He is an all around very good blocker who is better as a run blocker at this point.

Our 1st game against San Jose State should be a huge blowout. They have a bad offense and a worse defense.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-03-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #107
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We force a 3 and out as they don't even gain a yard.

After a great Holland return, we only have to go 38 yards. First play is a 11 yard run by McKnight, 2nd play is an incomplete pass, 3rd play is a 6 yard run by McKinight, 4th play is a 21 yard TD pass to Holland! 7-0.

Backup SS Kevin Lewis breaks some ribs and will miss a few weeks on a kickoff return. Porter with a pick on a 3rd and 10 pass that the QB just chucked up into traffic. A 36 yard drive ends with a 1 yard TD run by McKnight. 14-0.

After we force a 3 and out, Holland has a great punt return of 40 yards to get to their 26. 3 plays later, Huston tosses a 3 yard TD pass to Ausberry. 21-0.

After another 3 and out, Holland returns a punt 59 yards for a TD! 28-0. That ends the 1st quarter.

McKnight is stuffed on a 3rd and 1, but our new kicker nails the 48 yard FG to make it 31-0. Our defense is dominating like it never has before.

Another 3 and out followed by a 4 play 52 yard drive including 2 20 yard passes ends with a 4 yard TD run by McKnight. 38-0.

They finally get a few 1st downs, but we stop them short of midfield. I'm going to let the freshman QB get in and run a drive. He'll be playing most of the 2nd half along with the 2nd team offense, but I want him to direct a drive with the 1st team as well.

Cole's 2nd pass is a short cross to Holland in which Holland burns the defense for a 40 yard gain. His 3rd pass, he overthrows Ausberry by a LARGE amount and the safety picks it off.

Next play Everson Griffen with a sack for a safety! 40-0.

I'm giving Cole another chance to lead a TD drive.

3 passes for big gains including a 32 yard TD pass to the freshman Duren in which he burnt his man deep! 47-0.

We'll be bringing in our entire 2nd team offense to start the 2nd half, but we'll go back to our starting QB for the rest of this half.

We force a fumble on the kickoff and Overstreet recovers!

Huston throws into double coverage and it is picked off. We force a 3 and out and Holland has another great punt return for 42 yards. Our next drive, the kicker misses a 46 yard FG. 1:30 to go in the half and it is 47-0.

Wow. Their WR catches a short hook pass breaks two tackles and takes it 78 yards for a TD. 47-6. Guess, I'll give the 2nd team defense a chance as well now that the shutout is done.

Halftime: Up 47-6. Even with that big play by their WR, we've outgained them 248 to 108.

Halftime QB stats for USC:

Huston: 10 of 16 for 117 yards with 2 TD's 1 INT.

Cole: 3 of 5 for 87 yards with 1 TD 1 INT.

It will be both second teams the rest of the way and we'll focus on trying to run the ball (but well still pass a bit on 3rd down.)

I am still letting McKnight play as the backup HB when our freshman is tired and McKnight finishes a long drive with a 2 yard TD run. 54-6.

Cole with a 32 yard run on an option keeper! He broke a tackle too. He was one shoestring tackle away from a long TD run. The next play, Blake Brown gets perfect blocking on a toss and he uses his speed to turn the corner and beat the defense. 30 yard TD run. 61-6.

Kyle Thomas with an interception. The kid has been having a good game in the 2nd half. Their next drive, Porter gets his 2nd pick for us. He returns it to the 1. Brown runs it in for a TD. 68-6.

During the Supersim portion of the 4th quarter, Cole throws a 6 yard TD pass to Roland Johnson. 75-6. Our next drive he throws a 3 yard TD pass to our freshman burner. 82-6. Our next drive Brown runs it in from the 7. 89-6. Newton is in due to fatigue to our backups and he gets a pick on their next drive. Blake Brown with his 4th TD run this time from 12 yards out. 96-6 with 3:50 to go.

I put Edwards in for our next drive to just grind out small gains.

Ball game. 96-6 win. I think we are ready for Ohio State

We outgained them 494 to 176 in total offense. Once you factor in kick returns, we outgained them 778 to 475!

Huston: 10 of 16 for 117 yards with 2 TD's 1 INT.

Cole: 11 of 14 for 171 yards with 3 TD's 1 INT.

Blake Brown: 19 carries for 113 yards and 4 TD's behind a second string line.

McKnight: 15 carries for 43 yards and 3 TD's.

Brandon Cole; 5 carries for 43 yards.

Edwards: 4 carries for 8 yards.

Duren: 4 catches for 67 yards and 2 TD's.

Ausberry: 3 catches for 32 yards and a TD.

Holland 3 catchs for 67 yards and a TD.

DaJohn Harris: 9 tackles, 5 for a loss, 1 sack.

Donte Porter: 6 tackles, 2 INT's.

Holland: 1 KR for 32 yards, 7 PR for 179 yards, 25.5 avg, 1 TD. Only downside is that he was missed plays at WR due to fatigue, but I'll take that when he can bust a game open on any return.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:22 PM   #108
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Now we face Ohio State who are starting a true freshman QB that is good, but shouldn't be that hard to rattle. Brandon Saine is one of the best HB's in the nation and I imagine they'll lean on him. We'll probably play some 4-4 this game. Aram Olson is one of the best FB's in the nation and a very capable lead blocker. Taurian Wallace leads a good but not great WR core. They have a bad C starting as well, even worse than ours. Edgar Miller is someone that our DT's should be able to abuse. The rest of their line is very good. Lorenzo Lewis is a star at RE but their LE is not that good. Dexter Larrimore is a 99 rated DT and Cameron Heyward isn't far behind him. That could be trouble for the interior of our line. Tyler Moeller leads a very good linebacking corp. Chimdi Chekwa is an excellent corner and James Scott is good. However, neither of them can match the speed of Holland. In fact, no one in the secondary can. Eugene Clifford and Nate Oliver are a tremendous pair of safeties. Their kickers are about equivalent to ours. Should be a winnable game even on the road if we can block their DT's.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:41 PM   #109
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ohio State elects to kickoff.

We go for it on 4th and inches on their 14 and they stuff McKnight.

Marshall Jones picks off a 3rd down pass. He returns it to their 18. 3 plays later McKnight runs it in from the 1. 7-0.

Their FB catches it in the flat and Jones lights him up and he fumbles! Wright recovers for us. Very next play, Huston tries a PA pass, but he gets hit as he is throwing and it is a duck that their S picks off.

End of 1: Up 7-0, but they are on our 1. Saine is running it well. We stuff Saine on 3rd down. They are going for it on 4th and goal from the 1.... Saine breaks two tackles and scores the TD. 7-7.

A good drive fizzles for us when Huston throws a pick inside their 10. We force a 3 and out. Our next drive gets stopped at the 15, but we kick the FG. 10-7. Shareece Wright with an interception inside our 20 to end a long Ohio State drive. On 3rd and 4, Huston misses a wide open Holland. Our kicker misses a 40 yard attempt wide right.

With 12 seconds left, we punt the ball inside their 10. Surprisingly, they come out throwing and Newton picks it off and returns it for a TD!! 17-7.

Halftime: Up 17-7 as their freshman QB is costing them the game.

Their QB scrambles on the 2nd play and Maiava nails him forcing a fumble. We recover.

Inside the 10, we bring in our backup QB to run some option and create time to find an open man. On 3rd and goal from the 3, Cole scrambles for a TD! 24-7.

Wright picks off a 3rd down pass. We are stuffing the run with 8 men in the box and forcing them into bad 3rd and long situations. McCoy fails to catch a long pass and it deflects off his hands into the safeties hands. Tough interception for Huston.

We force a 3 and out. They are doing reasonably well on punt coverage against Holland. They force a 3 and out and Saine has an excellent punt return to cross midfield. A 33 yard FG makes it 24-10 late in the 3rd.

Wild play as Huston makes a bad throw that gets picked off but then an OL tackles the CB who fumbles it and Huston recovers!

Next play they come with a heavy blitz and Huston throws a floater to Brown who catches it, breaks a cornerback's tackle and goes 71 yards down the left sideline! 31-10.

End of 3: Up 31-10.

They turn it over on downs around midfield and Huston directs a drive with 4 passes to get us inside the 1 where McKnight finishes it off. 38-10.

They turn it over on downs and we bring in our 2nd team offense. Cole finds Roland Johnson for a 26 yard TD!! 45-10.

They turn it over on downs again.

Game over after a few more defensive stands by both sides. 45-10 win for us. Now, that feels like good revenge.

Huston: 21 of 35 for 294 yards with 1 TD 4 INT's (1 wasn't his fault.)

Cole: 4 of 9 for 46 yards with 1 TD 0 INT's.

McKnight: 20 carries for 100 yards and 2 TD's.

Brown: 6 carries for 10 yards.

Huston: 3 carries for 11 yards.

Cole: 2 carries for 16 yards.

Ausberry: 9 catches for 115 yards.

Holland: 4 catches for 55 yards.

Brown: 3 catches for 69 yards and a TD.

Roland Johnson: 3 catches for 38 yards and a TD.

McKnight: 2 catches for 24 yards.

Shareece Wright: 2 interceptions.

Holland: 2 KR for 45 yards and 3 PR for 45 yards.

Nic Thomas: 24 of 48 for 252 yards with 4 INT's.

Brandon Saine: 22 carries for 108 yards and a TD.

Thomas: 11 carries for 25 yards.

FS Eugene Clifford: 9 tackles, 2 for a loss, 2 interceptions.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:04 PM   #110
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That win bumped us up to #4 in the polls.

During our bye week, Michigan beats ND 17-10 to knock ND out of the #2 spot in the polls. However, Florida leap frogs us into the #3 slot in the polls with a 21-16 win over Tennessee.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:45 PM   #111
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Today, we host #4 Cal in probably the most challenging game of the year. Cal has the #3 offense overall, #6 in rushing, and #8 in passing. They have a ton of talent at all of the skill positions. However, defensively they are only average. They are 50th overall, 40th against the run, and 50th against the pass. They are 11th in scoring and 44th in points allowed.

We are 1st in points scored, 70th offensively, but we are being carried by our defense which is 12th in the nation and our return game which is 1st in the nation. My goal is to control the clock with the ground game and short passing at least early.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-07-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:08 PM   #112
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It's raining here in Los Angeles, hopefully the bounces that are sure to happen go our way. We get inside the 30, but they sack our young QB on 3rd and 5. Our freshman kicker drills the 48 yard FG in the rain! 3-0.

We stop their FB on 3rd and inches on the 45 and they punt. They punt it into the endzone. They force a 3 and out. A bad punt has them around our 42. Our freshman linebacker with a sack on 3rd and 3 to stop them at our 25. They make the 42 yard FG. 3-3 late in the 1st.

Holland with a strong kickoff return to get to our 41. 1st play is a 27 yard pass to Ausberry! On 3rd and 13, a WR pass works as our QB throws it to Ausberry who throws it to the opposite flat to McKnight who picks up 14! Next play is a 14 yard TD pass to McKnight! 10-3, early in the 2nd.

Their next drive, they attempt a 56 yard FG which we block! A 6 play 62 yard drive which included passs of 26 and 20 yards to Ausberry and Holland ends with a 1 yard TD run by McKnight! 17-3.

We hold them to a 3 and out. First play is a PA pass to Roland Johnson who beats his man, stiff arms the safety, and takes it in 42 yards for a TD! 24-3. SS Kevin Lewis busts a rib on the kickoff and will be out for the rest of this game. Our next drive, the 1st play, McKnight breaks a tackle in the backfield, breaks a tackle from the safety about 8 yards upfield, and goes the distance for a 60 yard TD! 31-3. I wasn't expecting this blowout. Lots of huge recruits here watching us today, too.

Their QB leads a great drive that ends when he throws a pick on the 1 yard line. Watson returns it to the 3.

Halftime: 31-3 lead.

I'm going to get Cole in with the 1st team early in the 3rd for at least a series or two. A 3rd down blitz at midfield forces their QB into a bad throw which Newton picks off. We get Cole in for this series.. Cole with some really bad throws on this drive, but he ran it for 18 on 3rd and 10.. he threw it to Holland for 22 yards on 3rd and 7, and he ran it from the 5 on 3rd and goal! 38-3. 12 play 62 yard drive. They miss a 45 yard FG and I put Huston in for 1 more series before I'm going to put all of my 2nd stringers in.

1st play McKnight breaks a tackle in the backfield, turns the corner and gains 31 before a corner catches him. 6 straight runs before a 9 yard PA pass to the FB, Atkinson, for a TD. 45-3 and our 1st team offense is done for the day. Watson with his 2nd pick of the day on a deep pass on their 1st play of the drive. Midway through the 4th, a 41 yard FG makes it 48-3.

48-3 win! I never expected that against Cal's offense.

Huston: 13 of 23 for 192 yards with 3 TD's 0 INT's.

Cole: 5 of 14 for 61 yards.

Ausberry: 1 of 1 for 14 yards

McKnight: 17 carries for 176 yards and 2 TD's.

Brown: 9 carries for 51 yards.

Cole; 7 carries for 43 yards and a TD.

McKnight: 6 catches for 62 yards and a TD.

Holland: 2 catches for 45 yards.

Roland Johnson: 2 catches for 56 yards and a TD.

Kyle Newton: 12 tackles, 2 passes defended, 1 INT.

Tony Watson: 4 tackles, 2 passes defended, 2 INT's.

Kevin Riley: 19 of 34 for 212 yards 0 TD's 3 INT's.

James Montgomery: 24 carries for 85 yard.

Andre Rogers: 7 catches for 90 yards.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:21 PM   #113
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Recruits had a GREAT time at the Cal game. I have several excellent linemen who are favoring USC and are close to committing.

LSU barely avoided being upset by Tennessee as they won 27-23. LSU is now 4-0 Tenn is 1-3.

Top 5 in the polls:

1. Texas (36) 4-0
2. FSU (21) 4-0
3. Florida (3) 4-0
4. USC (1) 3-0
5. Texas A&M 3-0

Top Heisman Candidates:

HB J. Henry, Tex
HB D. Brown, Pitt
WR J. Rogers, IU
QB R. Marve, Mia
HB Noel Devine, WVU

This week we travel to play the 1-2 Arizona Wildcats. Their passing offense is a dreadful 90th. Their rushing offense isn't much better at 72nd. Their total offense is 91st. Defensively, they are better with a strong pass defense that is 28th. However, the teams they faced in non-conference weren't that strong in the air. Talent wise, we should be able to take advantage of their secondary. This game should be a blowout.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:41 PM   #114
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

They force a 3 and out, but the punt is muffed! Our gunner, Overstreet recovers it! We catch them on the blitz with a WR screen - Ausberry picks up 23 yards to get to their 3. McKnight runs it in from the 3. 7-0.

Defensive pass interference negates a Galippo interception. Using their spread attack, they get to our 22 before we stop them. The kicker hits the upright and misses the 39 yard FG attempt. A 10 play 61 yard drive ends with a 2 yard TD pass on a PA to McCoy. 14-0. That will end the 1st quarter.

Early in the 2nd, Marshall Jones gets us an interception and returns it to their 31. Next play is a 31 yard TD pass to Ausberry! 21-0. Our next drive, McKnight gets crushed after catching it and he loses the ball. They recover and return it to our 30. They cover the 30 yards in 5 plays including a 6 yard TD run. 21-7.

Huston throws it deep while under pressure and he underthrows it. Their safety picks it off. Next play, Newton picks it off to get us the ball back. On 3rd and 1, Cole comes in to scramble for a 1st. He also completed a pass on the drive, but Huston was the main guy in getting us to the 3 where Brown punched it in. 28-7.

28-7 at the half. Overstreet picks off an out and takes it 33 yards for a TD. 35-7. After a few runs on our next drive, Huston actually throws a nice soft beautiful rainbow bomb on a PA for a 62 yard TD pass to Holland! 42-7. On 4th and 1 on our 12, we stop them for a turnover on downs. McKnight running it up the middle fumbles around midfield and they recover. Next play Wright intercepts the ball when the WR has it bounce off his hands. One last drive for the first team offense. 1st play Atkinson fumbles it and they recover. So much for the offense going out on a high note.

Our next drive is a 12 play 66 yard drive that was all runs including 3 QB keepers. The drive ends with a 7 yard toss right run to Brown. 49-7. A 46 yard FG makes it 52-7 with 6 minutes to go. Cole throws it a lot during the next supersim drive and leads us on a 12 play 73 yard drive. It ends with a 5 yard TD run by Brown. 59-7.

Game over. 59-7 win.

Huston: 16 of 21 for 201 yards with 3 TD's 1 INT.

Cole: 6 of 10 for 107 yards.

McKnight: 15 carries for 80 yards and a TD.

Brown: 14 carries for 63 yards and 3 TD's.

Cole: 8 carries for 44 yards.

McKnight: 5 catches for 23 yards.

McCoy: 4 catches for 38 yards and a TD.

Holland: 3 catches for 86 yards and a TD.

Galippo: 10 tackles, 2 for a loss.

Tyler Lyon: 20 of 35 for 232 yards and 4 INT's.

Glyndon Bolasky: 18 carries for 58 yards and a TD.

Bolasky: 5 catches for 51 yards.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:46 PM   #115
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Undefeated Arkansas upset Georgia in Atlanta 34-31. Georgia was also undefeated going into the game.

Texas was upset by Iowa State 38-21 at home! They drop to #9 in the polls. Iowa State is now 5-0.

The new top 5:

1. Florida State (38) 5-0
2. Florida (22) 5-0
3. USC (1) 4-0
4. Texas A&M 4-0
5. West Virginia 4-0

Our next game is at a 1-2 Washngton State team that has lost its starting QB for the year and is struggling with a lack of talent. Their offense is 116th in the nation. Their pass offense is 100th. Of course, they have played less games than most teams. As a result, their defense is ranked very high the moment (10th.) Talent wise, they are horrendous on defense and bad on offense. This should be another blowout. I'll play that tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:17 AM   #116
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After a very bad kickoff (their kicker is injured) on the 2nd play of the game, McKnight gets to the corner and runs it 42 yards for a TD! 7-0.

Wow. Their star WR returns the kickoff 99 yards for a TD. 7-7.

Their kickoffs are all very short today. Our FB catches the short kickoff and is hurt. Moss will get a chance to shine with the first team...

2nd play of our drive, Brown jukes a defender gets an angle on the safety, breaks his ankles, and goes 52 yards for a TD. 14-7. Their run defense is looking horrendous.

Newton with an acrobatic interception of an overthrown ball. He returns it to our 37. 3 and out and we punt. Galippo with a pick on a desperation 3rd down pass while the QB was being hit. I wish the EA servers were back up, McKnight just broke 4 tackles and had an incredible 20 yard run in the process. The next play McKnight runs it in from the 2. 21-7.

Newton with a his 2nd pick of the game in the 1st quarter. 1st play is a 41 yard pass to Holland. Next play, McCoy catches a 7 yard pass, breaks two tackles by a linebacker and a cornerback and takes it 21 yards for a TD! 28-7.

28-7 at the end of the 1st. We stop them on downs inside our 20, but the first pass of Huston is an interception to their FS. Despite the very short field, our defense holds them to a FG. 28-10. Our next drive, the 2nd play is a 54 yard TD pass to Ausberry. 34-10 after our kicker shanks the XP. A 42 yard FG makes it 34-13 with 3:20 to go in the 2nd.

Our next drive is a 6 play 45 yard drive that ends with a 3 yard TD run by McKnight. 41-13. Their HB fumbles a swing pass and Newton recovers the ball. That kid is all over the place today! Sheesh, McKnight gets some great blocking, hurdles one down defender, jukes the safety and takes it 54 yards for a TD! I'll save a highlight of that one to add later. 48-13. They fumble the kickoff and Overstreet recovers. We just run a few simple runs and they actually tackle. A short FG makes it 51-13 as the half ends.

Halftime stats:

Huston: 9 of 12 for 166 yards 2 TD's 1 INT.

McKnight 13 carries for 155 yards and 4 TD's.

Brown: 2 carries for 43 yards and a TD.

Ausberry 2 catches for 76 yards and a TD.

Holland: 1 catch for 43 yards.

Despite the lackluster passing stats, it's time to bring in the 2nd team offense. They fumble the kickoff again. We recover again! Wow. Moss with 2 good runs on this short drive, besides having great speed, the converted linebacker now a FB has great power! Moss runs it in from 7 yards out. 58-13. With the huge lead and Brown being more of a big play back, we are going to work Moss this 2nd half and see how effective of a ball carrier he can be. Their punter is out injured as well and they are using a WR as a kicker. Horrific punt. Using Moss mostly, we put together a 14 play 58 yard drive that eats up over half of the quarter. It ends with a 22 yard FG. 61-13.

Against our 2nd team defense, they put together a 8 play 72 yard TD drive. 61-20. We respond with a 5 play (all runs) 44 yard drie ending with a 3 yard run by Brown. 68-20. We pick off their QB again as he tries to throw deep on our backup CB. 4 plays covers 38 yards ending with a 1 yard TD run by Brown. 75-20.

Ball game. 75-20 win.

Huston: 9 of 12 for 166 yards with 2 TD's 1 INT.

Cole: 6 of 7 for 60 yards.

McKnight: 14 carries for 158 yards and 4 TD's.

Brown: 17 carries for 94 yards and 3 TD's.

6'3 250 pound FB Lance Moss: 7 carries fr 44 yards and a TD. He might get some more short yardage carries for me and be our pound it out at the end back. He is faster than Edwards and showed some nifty moves for a big guy.

Cole: 3 carries for 21 yards.

Backup TE Terrance Franklin: 4 catches for 43 yards.

Moss: 3 catches for 13 yards.

Duren: 2 catches for 22 yards.

DaJohn Harris: 9 tackles, 6 for a loss, 1 sack.

Griffen: 8 tackles, 4 for a loss, 2 sacks.

Kyle Newton: 5 tackles, 3 INT's, 1 FF, 1 FR. He's living up to his pre-season All-American Hype.

Gary Rogers: 22 of 37 for 304 yards (mostly against my 2nd team in the 2nd half) with 4 INT's.

Logwone Mitz: 24 carries for 55 yards and a TD. The big FB was their main back today.

Jshua Anderson: 5 catches for 85 yards and 1 KR for 99 yards and a TD (I avoided kicking to him after that.)
Old 09-08-2007, 11:33 AM   #117
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The top 5 remains unchanged. Today we host Washington and we also host a very important recruit. The #1 player in the nation is a HB from Tennessee. He has it all: size (6'1 220) speed (a sub 4.3 40), agility, accleration, hands, instincts. With McKnight likely to go pro after this year, he'd have a great shot at getting the #1 starting spot as a true freshman. In fact, if I don't get him to sign during the season, I'm going to promise him the job when I can. Brown is more of a pure speed back that will be a good #2 option.

Hopefully, Washington's porous run defense will allow us to let McKnight shine and impress this back as USC being the right place for him. He currently has us #1 on his list.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:56 PM   #118
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We force a 3 and out to start the game. They kick away from Holland and it is a long punt all the way to our 12. Our next drive, the safety picks off a deep Huston pass intended for Holland. 0-0 late in the 1st..

The defense doesn't give up a yard and they miss the 40 yard FG attempt wide left. Atkinson is having trouble opening up holes for our HB and that is his main job, so I decide to go with the more athletic Moss into the game.. time to see if this kid can do it again. Moss fumbles his first carry but we recover. We end up having to punt as we fail to convert 3rd and 2. I guess I might have been wrong about their run defense being porous..

We stop them on 4th and inches on our 41. 0-0 at the end of 1. Huston hits McKnight in stride and he turns a 12 yard gain into a 41 yard gain. Next play, Huston throws under pressure and a linebacker picks it off. Bad choice as he should have just accepted the sack. We force a 3 and out. Holland returns the punt 18 yards to their 40. Ausberry went WAY up to catch a deep ball down the sideline, but he was drilled and is out for the rest of this game. 2 plays later Huston to McCoy for a 4 yard TD! 7-0.

After 3 runs, they hit us with a PA bomb to their TE for a 67 yard TD! 7-7. Their next drive, they catch us with a counter play and their HB breaks two tackles for a 62 yard TD run. Down 14-7! 1st play of our drive, Huston goes down with a bruised shoulder. He is done for this game. Cole is going to be the man...

Cole allows us to go with more 4 man sets with him being able to buy time with his feet and it works as he directs a masterful drive ending with a brilliant 12 yard TD run by McKnight out of the 4 WR set. 14-14.

Halftime: 14-14 and we start with the ball in the 2nd half.

On our 2nd drive, Cole runs some option plays very effectively. He also eludes two defenders to avoid a sack and throws a nice 14 yard pass to McCoy. However, he misses a wide open Roland Johnson in the endzone as he throws it wide. On 3rd down, he can't find an open player and they spy him well to prevent a scramble. A 27 yard FG makes it 17-14. They miss a 53 yard FG wide right. Cole leads a strong drive with a few good runs by McKnight, but Holland drops a TD catch on 3rd down. We settle for a 26 yard FG. 20-14.

20-14 at the end of 3 and we are driving across midfield.

Cole is 4 of 5 on this drive and he ends it with a 2 yard TD scramble. McKnight runs it in for the 2 point conversion to make it 28-14. Our next drive, we ride McKnight who has 5 straight carries but we stall at the 5. FG makes it 31-14. On our next drive, Cole throws a beautiful lob deep that Holland runs under which allows him to beat everyone the rest of the way! That was a 58 yard TD pass (40 plus yards in the air.) 38-14.

Under pressure, their QB throws a pick on their next drive to Newton who is having an amazing year. We win the game 41-14.

Cole was named player of the game.

Huston: 8 of 13 for 136 yards with 1 TD 2 INT's.

Cole: 9 of 17 for 170 yards and 1 TD 0 INT's.

McKnight: 30 carries for 150 yards and a TD.

Cole: 8 carries for 53 yards and a TD.

Huston: 2 carries for 10 yards.

Brown: 1 carry for 7 yards.

Moss: 2 carries for 6 yards.

Holland: 6 catches for 144 yards and a TD. Cole's scrambling bought time for Holland to get open deep.

McKnight: 3 catches for 54 yards.

Ausberry: 2 catches for 43 yards.

Galippo: 13 tackles, 4 for a loss, 1 sack.

DaJohn Harris: 5 tackles, 3 sacks.

Griffen: 1 sack.

Newton: 5 passes defended, 1 tackle, 1 interception.

Ronnie Fouch: 16 of 35 for 240 yards with 1 TD 2 INT's.

Nate Williams: 23 carries for 135 yards and a TD.

Chris Izbicki: 5 catches for 117 yards and a TD.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #119
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Florida beat undefeated LSU 31-28 to remain undefeated. They are now 7-0 and still #2 in the polls. No changes in the top 5 in the polls.

We are very close to getting a top tackle to sign with us. He's given us a soft verbal and I'm hoping we can convert that to a firm committment this week.

Our next game is hosting a 3-2 ASU team that has a good offense but a suspect defense. We have a super athlete coming to this game. He's only 5'8 160 but he might be the fastest player in the country.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-08-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:17 PM   #120
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

They elect to kickoff and early in our drive, Huston underthrows Ausberry deep and the safety picks it off and returns it midfield. Their offense looks very good on the 1st drive. Their QB is mobile and he scrambled twice for big gains and their HB is good. We stop them at the 3 where they kick a short FG. 3-0.

Their LB picks off an underneath pass to Holland. Huston with a bad throw on that play. If he doesn't play better next series, we might turn to Cole for a bit. Their QB moves in the pocket well and avoids a sack and then throws a 14 yard strike for a TD. 10-0.

1st play, Huston to Ausberry deep for a 33 yard gain. Then, a 4 yard run on the next play by McKnight. 3rd play is a 28 yard TD pass to McCoy. Way to bounce back, Huston! 10-7.

Their QB's mobility is hurting us. He has scrambled for 3 first downs and he is throwing on the run, well. He just rolled out right and hit his receiver in stride for a 31 yard TD. 17-7. We miss a 40 yard FG wide right on our next drive.

A 8 play 72 yard drive features a 21 yard pass to Ausberry, a 19 yard pass to Ausberry, and then Cole coming in once we get inside the 10. Cole scrambles for a 7 yard TD to make it 17-14.

They try a PA pass on 4th and inches and Newton picks it off. That kid is having an unbelievable season. I leave Cole in for a series with the 1st team and on the 3rd play he scrambles left, buys time, and then throws it deep to Holland who he hits in stride. Holland had the whole secondary burnt and he takes it all the way for a TD!!! 21-17. That was a 62 yard TD pass. Overstreet picks off a deep pass late in their next drive. We have it on our 40 with 50 seconds to go. 1st play is a 35 yard pass from Huston to Roland Johnson. They stop us on 3rd and 4 so we settle for a 28 yard FG at the end of the drive which is the end of the half.

Halftime: 24-17, we lead.

After forcing a 3 and out, Huston makes a horrendous throw that misses a wide open Ausberry. He is supposed to be very accurate.. if he keeps making throws like that, I'm going to up Cole's PT. Still, he is making some very good throws. We end up having to punt and Hardy drills a great kick that we down on the 5. We go 3 and out as Huston makes another bad throw. Cole will be taking over the next series. Cole gets hit as he is throwing and throws a lame duck that is batted and then picked off by the MLB. They take advantage and get into FG range to make it 24-20.

End of 3: Up 24-20.

Huston leads us on a 10 play 66 yard drive that ends with a 1 yard TD run by Brown. McKnight had 4 big runs on the drive including a 10 yard and a 11 yard gain. 31-20.

Galippo forces their HB to fumble and Griffen recovers! 6 play 33 yard drive in which Brown ran it in from the 1. 38-20. We force a turnover on downs inside their 35.

Cole with a 14 yard run, a 3 yard run, and then a 18 yard TD pass to Holland. 45-20. I threw a quick pass to Holland just trying to gain a few yards and he was drilled by a linebacker and fumbled. They recover. With under a minute left, their QB throws another TD. He had 3 big scrambles on that drive. 45-27. McKnight gets a 1st and we run out the clock.

Game over. 45-27 win.

I'm giving real consideration to making Cole the full time starter after this one. He seems to make more big plays and he had the play of the game, the bomb to Holland.

Cole: 3 of 7 for 84 yards with 2 TD's 1 INT.

Huston: 15 of 25 for 252 yards with 1 TD 2 INT's.

McKnight: 20 carries for 86 yards.

Brown: 3 carries for 8 yards and 2 TD's.

Huston: 6 carries for 25 yards.

Cole: 5 carries for 26 yards and a TD.

Ausberry: 6 catches for 106 yards.

Holland: 4 catches for 100 yards and 2 TD's.

McKnight: 2 catches for 25 yards.

R. Johnson: 2 catches for 53 yards.

Galippo: 15 tackles, 3 for a loss.

Newton: 12 tackles, 2 passes defended, 1 INT.

Griffen: 9 tackles, 3 for a loss.

Samson Szakacsy: 30 of 47 for 299 yards with 3 TD's 2 INT's.

Szakacsy: 15 carries for 64 yards.

Lorne Carroll: 12 carries for 44 yards.

Tyler Coe: 10 catches for 120 yards and 2 TD's.

Here is a look at the 2 QB's season stats:

Huston: 156.5, 92 of 145 (63%) for 1358 yards with 13 TD's 11 INT's. Sacked 12 times.

Cole: 156.2, 44 of 78 (56%) for 699 yards with 7 TD's 2 INT's. Sacked 5 times.

Huston: 17 carries for 77 yards. Long of 8. 2 broken tackles

Cole: 38 carries for 244 yards and 4 TD's. Long of 38. 8 broken tackles

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-08-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:28 PM   #121
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Florida State won at Goergia 52-49 to remain undefeated and #1 in the polls.

The rest of the top 5 remains unchanged except a 7-0 Michigan squad has jumped over a 7-0 West Virginia squad into the #5 spot in the polls. Also, the BCS rankings are out:

1. FSU 8-0
2. Florida 8-0
3. USC 7-0
4. Texas A&M 7-0
5. Michigan 7-0.

We have a bye this week during which we are hoping to seal the deal on a few recruits.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:41 PM   #122
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

During the bye week, we get our 2nd tackle of the recruiting season as Nate Smith committs. Nate is a massive 6'4 330 pound T from Citrus Heights, CA. He is a 4 star player ranked 144th overall. Texas was 2nd on his list and Nebraska was 3rd. He is a terrific run blocker but needs work on his pass blocking technique. He also needs to develop some strength but he has the potential to be a very good T. Between him and Derrick Smith, we've just made some nice improvements to our depth and I'm willing to bet Derrick will start within 2 years if not next year. Of course, that could change if we get my top OL recruit to sign, Jon Allen from Houston Texas. He is a massive T who is ranked 39th overall and 4th among tackles. We are fighting Texas for him.

Florida beat Georgia 45-31 to go to 9-0. Iowa won at Michigan 32-29 to end Michigan's undefeated season. As a result, West Virginia goes back to #5 in the polls. The rest of the top 5 are unchanged.

Our next game is a 3-4 Oregon State that is struggling due to a poor defense that is 75th overall. Their offnese isn't good either and is currently 111th, however, they have talent on offense particularly at wideout. I'll play that tomorrow unless the LSU game is a blowout early tonight.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-08-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:40 AM   #123
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

With my FF lineups set and the pre-game shows annoying me already, time to get in a quick game of NCAA before the games start. I've decided Huston will start against Oregon State but his leash is getting short. Cole will get plenty of PT today. I have decided to bench the very slow Atkinson for the speedy Moss who might even play a bit of HB as well because of his running ability as well as his excellent throwing ability (which might let me actually run a HB pass if needed.) However, against a weak Oregon State team, no such trickery should be needed.

2nd play of the game, Holland catches a simple out avoids a diving tackle, jukes the safety, and beats everyone down the sideline. 61 yard TD pass. 7-0. We stuff them on 4th and 1 on our 40. A 42 yard FG makes it 10-0. We force a 3 and out and Holland has a very nice PR for 20 yards.

We get stopped at midfield, but our punter hangs it and puts it on the 2 yard line! Their QB throws while being hit by Griffen and throws a weak pass that Galippo picks off.

Cole comes in for this drive with the short field. Cole throws a pick in the endzone in which he threw it behind the receiver. They had a good drive going until their HB fumbled on our 31. Griffen recovered it for us.

Cole will get another series. We go 3 and out as they spy him effectively and Moss dropped a big pass on 2nd down. I'll give Cole one more series after we force a quick punt. Cole with a 6 play 62 yard drive in which he ran 3 perfect option plays (all pitches to the HB) and connected on a 19 yard pass, a 14 yard pass, and ran it in from the 3. Cole with the TD! 17-0.

Huston is in for the next drive and he does well, but we have to settle for a FG from the 8. 20-0.

Moss who is supposed to be a mediocre blocker, has a great block on the toss that frees up McKnight... he breaks one tackle and goes the distance for a 67 yard TD! 27-0. Marshall Jones with a pick on 3rd down. We have it at their 35 with under a minute left. Huston with a 18 yard pass to Holland on 3rd down, followed by a 21 yard WR screen to Ausberry for a TD! 34-0.

34-0 at the half. They force a 3 and out on our next drive as they are getting good pressure with blitzes. Cole will come in next series. 4th play of the next series, Cole throws a simple out to Ausberry who shrugs off the DB's tackle attempt and then uses his speed to go 41 yards for a TD! 41-0. A 33 yard FG makes it 41-3 late in the 3rd.

Huston back in for one last series. Huston throws a pick on 3rd and 9 across the middle. Just a bad decision as the MLB was in perfect position. 2nd play, their HB fumbles again and Griffen picks it up again!

Last drive for the first team offense. Cole will be the QB. Cole with a few good plays to advance us to midfield, but he overthrows Duren (hard to do) on 3rd and 6. We punt.

End of 3: 41-3. Cole will run the 2nd team offense the rest of the game.

1st play of our next drive during Super Sim, Cole hits Franklin, the backup TE for a 63 yard TD! 48-3. A FG on our next drive makes it 51-3. The backup defense is now in as well.

George Robinson, the backup FS, with a pick, but he is hurt on the play and will be done for today. Cole runs the option perfect (and I use the house rule where I can't pitch if I'm in the grasp) on this drive, ending with a 8 yard TD run by Brown in which he was virtually untouched. 58-3. Their WR fumbles inside our 20 after getting drilled by our SS, Donte Porter recovers!

Game over. 58-3 win.

Huston: 8 of 16 for 182 yards with 2 TD's 1 INT. 6 sacks.

Cole: 9 of 16 for 218 yards with 2 TD's 1 INT. 0 sacks.

McKnight: 18 carries for 156 yards and a TD.

Brown: 9 carries for 61 yards and a TD.

Hawthorne: 5 carries for 35 yards.

Cole: 5 carries for 20 yards and a TD.

Cole also made the other guys better with some great option pitches.

Holland: 4 catches for 122 yards and a TD.

McCoy: 3 catches for 44 yards.

Ausberry: 3 catches for 74 yards and 2 TD's.

Blake: Holland: 4 tackles with 2 sacks.

Griffen: 5 tackles, 2 for a loss, 1 sack, and 2 FR.

Jake Gelakoska: 19 of 34 for 232 yards with 4 INT's.

Ross Mitchell: 23 carries for 61 yards.

Terrell Fisher: 7 tackles, 7 for a loss, 3 sacks (all on Huston.)
Old 09-09-2007, 11:51 AM   #124
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We get a prized recruit to sign after the game. Erik Williams is a 6'2 291 pound 5 star G from Clinton, UT. He is ranked 15th overall in the nation and 1st among guards. He is extremely strong and is a nasty run blocker. He is a good pass blocker already as well. He has a good chance of starting next year. Nebraska and Texas were his other top choices.

No changes in the BCS top 5. Our next game is at a Stanford team that has an offense that is really clicking behind a good QB but a very weak defense. I find myself again tempted to give Cole the start..

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-09-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:12 PM   #125
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

With some snoozers in the late games, I decide to fire up another game of NCAA. I resist my temptation to start Cole since we are undefeated and winning easily and I'll keep the split status quo.

On the 1st play of the game, DE Blake Holland breaks his ankle and is done fro the season. Swain is a very solid backup who will start for the rest of the year. We force a 3 and out as their first two passes are defended. Holland with a 18 yard punt return to midfield. Moss catches a short pass on 3rd down, breaks a tackle, and turns it into a 22 yard gain. That is why he is now our starting FB. The next play Moss picks up a sore ankle while trying to make a block. Atkinson back into the lineup as a result. Next play is a 18 yard screen pass to McKnight, followed by a 2 yard TD run by McKnight. 7-0.

A HB screen picks up the 8 yards they needed on 3rd down, but the HB fumbles at the end. Burrell gets the fumble recovery for us! The play is reversed, they say he was down. Stanford with a spectacular drive including a 12 yard TD pass where their HB was flipped by my safety but still held onto the ball. 7-7.

Moss is recovered from his injury and carries it for 9 yards on the 1st play of our 2nd drive. A bit later, they sack Huston on a 3rd and 7 at our 44 and we have to punt.

End of 1: 7-7 tie.

We force a punt after only 5 plays. We respond with a 12 play 68 yard drive ending in a 3 yard TD run by Brown. 14-7. Huston with a pick on our next drive that gives them good field position. The very next play, they fumble it and we recover.

We bring in Cole for a drive or two. 1st play, he throws as he is getting hit and underthrows his man. It is picked off by their linebacker. They drive down to our 30, but then Wright picks off a pass. Cole gets another drive. Cole has Duren open deep, but he throws way wide and it is picked off by their safety. They return it to the 45. They try a fake punt run which we stop around midfield. I decide to give Cole one more chance to have a good drive. On his 1st carry of the drive, Blake Brown breaks his leg and his season is done. Next play, Holland gets hurt and is probably done for this game. He gets us into FG range, but Mason misses the 39 yard attempt wide left just as time is expiring.

14-7 at the half. Not the blowout I was expecting.

A good drive by us ends when Huston throws a pick on the 1. Both QB's are getting nailed by their top CB who now has 2 picks. Tony Watson picks off a slant route in which he was playing in the box and he takes it 44 yards for a TD! 21-7. We go with a cornerback blitz and their star QB throws another bad pass that sails on him into Watson's arms! He returns his 2nd INT for his 2nd TD of the day. 28-7. Wow. They throw deep on 3rd down, Watson picks it off again and returns it for a TD again! 35-7. This time he returns it 63 yards (all of these returns are with no turbo which is one of my houserules on INT's.)

We force a 3 and out and start at our 38. This will be Huston's last drive of the game. They force a 3 and out as Huston can't beat the blitz on 3rd and 4 and he is sacked. On 3rd and 1, a PA pass gets them a 74 yard TD pass to their TE. 35-14. Roland Johnson returns the kickoff for a 88 yard TD! 42-14. Moss fumbles on his next carry and they recover. Our next drive, Cole tries to force it in between two guys and it is picked off. He needs to scramble more if guys aren't wide open.

Against our 2nd team defense, they put together a 9 play 63 yard drive that ends in a TD. 42-21. We recover the onside kick. Cole with a 21 yard TD pass to Holland to end the game on a good note. 49-21 and we'll now bring in the 2nd team offense.

(watching the last few minutes of the Lions game now on the big screen - been watching on my computer while playing.)

Edwards runs it in for a TD as the game is ending. 56-21.

Game over. 56-21 win.

Watson is the player of the game. I imagine he might be the defensive player of the week.

Huston: 12 of 18 for 131 yards with 0 TD's 2 INT's. 2 sacks.

Cole: 8 of 13 for 119 yards with 1 TD 3 INT's. 1 sack.

McKnight: 17 carries for 47 yards and a TD.

Edwards: 7 carries for 28 yards and a TD.

Brown: 1 carry for 3 yards and a TD.

Cole: 5 carries for 23 yards.

Moss: 2 carries for 8 yards and a fumble.

McKnight: 5 catches for 61 yards.

Ausberry: 5 catches for 55 yards.

Holland: 2 catches for 47 yards and a TD.

Galippo: 15 tackles, 3 for a loss.

Watson: 8 tackles, 2 passes defended, 3 INT's 3 TD' on those INT's.

Kellen Kiilsgaard: 15 of 30 for 200 yards 3 TD's 4 INT's.

Chike Amajoyi: 24 carries for 87 yards.

Toby Gerhart: 15 carries for 55 yards.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:27 PM   #126
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

YES!! We get 2 HUGE verbal committments today!

Jon Allen is a 5 star massive T from Houston, TX. He is 6'8 325 and is ranked 39th overall. We stole him from Texas and Texas Tech. He is already a very good run and pass blocker and will have a great chance to start right away . He is as strong as they come and has great awareness. His only weakness is a bit of lack of mobility which could affect him with some speed rushers.

We also get our 2nd guard of the year as Melvin Curtis gives us his verbal. He is a 4 star G ranked 112th overall. He is from Bell, CA. He is a 4 star player who is 6'6 290. He was also considering Cal and UCLA. Great strength, very good pass blocking technique. Needs to work on his run blocking a bit. Unfortunately, we aren't in the running for any great C's, but I think one of these guards might slide inside... we are in the running and will probably get two decent C's who might be better than what we have.

Even better yet, the #1 player in the nation, HB Nate Wise is giving us a soft verbal and we should be able to convince him to make it a firm verbal this week!

I focused really hard on my top 10 players and we probably won't have as big of a class this year, but I think the top quality will be incredible.

Not much changed in the BCS rankings. The only change was West Virginia dropped a slot to #5 after a close call with Cincinnati. Florida and FSU remain in the top 2 spots while we are #3.

Our next game is hosting a dangerous 7-2 Oregon team that thrives with a solid run defense and an efficient offense. I might get that in tonight if the Giants-Dallas game is a boring game.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:06 AM   #127
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We stuff the toss play on 3rd and 1 and they go 3 and out to start the game. Huston throws it too softly on an out and an underneath linebacker picks it of deep in their zone to end a solid drive by us. Huston with a good tackle to prevent it from being a TD return. Another stop on 3rd and 1 forces them to go for it on 4th and 2... an option pitch to the HB gets them a 1st inside our 30.

On 3rd and goal from the 1, we force the QB to fumble when he tried to sneak it in! Porter recovers in the endzone! 1st play is a PA pass to Ausberry for 32 yards. 3 plays later while under pressure, Huston throws a lame duck pass that is picked off by their safety. Cole will get in next drive. It's a rainy day, their defense is fast, and we'll try to use some speed to neutralize the rush. A sack on 3rd down aids us in forcing a 3 and out. A good return by Holland gets us to midfield.

A holding call negates a 14 yard TD run by McKnight. Cole with a 13 yard TD scramble on 3rd and 8 in which he flies over a defender!! I hope EA's servers are up. This is going to be a great highlight! 7-0. Darn, I forgot to save the highlight before I exited the game I'll just have to make sure Cole has some more highlight scrambles.

Another 3 and out as we are spying their QB and playing well in coverage. Cole will remain in at QB. Cole is sacked on 3rd and 3 at midfield and we have to punt. Their pass rush is very quick and they have some good blitz packages. Hardy kicks it too hard and they get the touchback.

End of 1: Up 7-0. Watson with a pick that he returns to their 14. McKnight fumbles it on the 2 and they recover on the 1. Next play we stu their HB for a safety! 9-0. After we miss a 50 yard FG attempt, they drive the field for a TD ending with a 4 yard TD pass. 9-6 as we block the XP.

Cole has an open man but he throws it way behind him on 3rd and 13 and the safety picks off the errant pass. We force a 3 and out and Cole gets one more chance to lead us on a good drive... I'm telling him to run more this drive. 1st play is a 15 yard scramble. 2nd play he rolls out to his right, throws a little pass at the last second to Ausberry who breaks a takcle and advances it 38 yards. Next play he is sacked on a blitz leading to a 2nd and 15. They cover the speed option play and it only picks up a yard. On 3rd down he throws it wide and the receiver catches it but out of bounds. Hardy's punt is just a bit long. Touchback with 2 minutes to go in the half of this defensive battle.

With 1:30 left we get it on their 35 after a great Holland return. Cole with a 14 yard scramble. Cole with a 5 yard scramble. 12 yard pass to Holland. Holding call. Cole with a 6 yard scramble. 7 seconds left for one more play before the FG. PA pass to Ausberry for a 3 yard TD!!! 16-6.

Halftime: 16-6, we lead. Cole is able to get away from their fast pass rush and will remain our QB for the beginning of the 2nd half at least.

We get the ball to start the half. We go 3 and out due to a sack for a loss of 10 on 2nd down. A good punt return gets them to our 38. Their QB scrambles for 14 as Swain barely missed sacking him. Shareece Wright with a pick of a deep pass and he returns it to our 40.

Holland catches an out and fumbles it after being hit har by their CB. Their safety picks it up before Holland can get to it. We force a 3 and out. On 3rd and 14, Cole scrambles for 14. Cole evades 2 sacks the next play with juke moves in the backfield and scrambles for 4. The next play he is sacked for a 5 yard loss to set up 3rd and 11 at the 50. He throws a 4 yard pass to Cornelius Johnson who shakes off a defender and picks up 14. Next play is a 10 yard pass to Duren. He is working the 5 WR set well right now. However, the drive stalls when Holland drops a wide open 3rd down pass a few plays later. We go for it on 4th and 8 from their 37 as the wind is against us and it is too far for FG kicker. He passes to McKnight who is stopped a yard short.

Burrell recovers a fumble by their WR. Time to try to get McKnight going again.. They stuff him twice in the backfield. Cole tries to throw to Holland deep but he underthrows him and their CB picks it off. Huston will get some PT the next drive.

3 and out as our defense is really impressing me with their ability to contain the option out of the pistol formation. Huston with another pick as he was under pressure on 3rd down. Sheesh, neither of our QB's can keep it away from the other team today. We'll go back to Cole and his scrambling at least. They returned it to our 15. Actually, I'll give Huston one last drive. If he can't perform, he's finally done as a starter.

They score a rushing TD early in the 4th with the short field. 16-13. Huston with a good drive to get us to their 3, but then they stuff us. I should have brought Cole in for the later part of that drive. 19-13 on the short FG. We force a 3 and out and Holland returns the punt 69 yards for a TD!! McKnight with the 2 point conversion. 27-13.

A good drive for Oregon ends when they fail to convert on 4th and 2 on our 8. Cole is in for our next drive and on 3rd and 1 he hits Holland for a 34 yard pass completion.

With 32 seconds left, Wright has his 2nd interception of the day and returns it to their 10 before the WR catches him from behind. They use their timeouts to stop me from running out the clock, so we run an option pitch to McKnight on 3rd and goal and McKnight breaks a tackle for a TD. 34-13.

Game over. 34-13 win.

Cole: 10 of 21 for 136 yards with 1 TD 2 INT's.

Huston: 5 of 11 for 94 yards with 3 INT's.

I'm finally ready to declare Cole the starter next week.

Cole: 11 carries for 78 yards and a TD.

McKnight: 27 carries for 102 yards and a TD.

Huston: 3 carries for 5 yards.

Holland: 4 catches for 72 yards.

Ausberry: 3 catches for 64 yards and a TD.

Moss: 2 catches for 32 yards.

Griffen: 10 tackles, 6 for a loss, 1 sack.

Wright: 3 tackles, 3 passes defended, 2 interceptions.

Cody Kempt: 21 of 38 for 194 yards with 1 TD 3 INT's.

Mark Newsome, True sophomore: 27 carries for 78 yards and a TD.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:20 AM   #128
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are dealt a major recruiting blow as Nate Wise decides to stay closer to home and go to LSU. We thought we had the #1 player in the nation, a truly great HB, in the bag

Also, we lost out on a the top MLB who chose Nebraska over USC. He was from CA too . We also lost the top OLB in the nation who was from Texas as he also chose LSU. We lost one of the better DT's to Michigan. LSU was ahead of us on his list too. We lost a great WR to Ohio State. He was from Wyoming.

The only player who signed with us this week is a 3 star C ranked 644th overall from LaMesa, Ca. Alex Douglas is 6'5 270 with good pass blocking technique but he needs to work on his strength and run blocking technique.

ND beat Pittsburgh 40-35 and are now 9-1. We host them this week. Undefeated Florida and FSU face off this week. Assuming we beat ND, we should certainly jump into the #2 slot in the polls to replace whoever loses that game.

I continue my constant vacilation on the issue and decide to start Huston for such a huge game, but he will have a very short leash.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-15-2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:50 AM   #129
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

ND has a terrific offense behind a developed DeMetrius Jones and they have a decent defense. This should be a great game. 1st play is a 12 yard run by McKnight. 2nd play is a pass across the middle that is thrown behind the receiver and picked off by the safety. Cole will be in next drive.

We stuff the run on 3rd and 2 and they settle for a 45 yard FG. 3-0.

After rolling out to his right, Cole hits Moss in stride for a 32 yard gain! While under durress, Cole finds Moss for a 9 yard gain on 2nd and 16. No one is open on 3rd down and they sack Cole for a short loss leading to a punt. Hardy punts it and it bounces well for us. Downed on the 7.

Their 1st play of the 2nd drive, Griffen goes down with a knee injury. He'll miss the rest of the regular season. His replacement gets called for roughing the passer the next play. DeMetrius is running well and passing well. He is as fast as Cole, but is more accurate. He ends a great drive with a 4 yard TD pass. 10-0.

On 3rd and 7, Cole scrambles to buy time, has an open man and overthrows him.. right to the safety for a pick.

2 plays later, DaJohn Harris with a sack that forces a fumble.. we recover!

19 yard pass to Duren from Cole. Cole with a great drive in which he was 6 of 8 and scrambled for a 1st, but we are stopped on the 3. We settle for the sure points. 10-3.

End of 1: Down 10-3.

We exchange failed drives, before they hit us with a 70 yard TD pass. 17-3 Cole responds with a masterful drive which ends with a 2 yard TD run by McKnight. 17-10. 3 plays later, their HB breaks two tackles on 3rd and 4 and runs it 83 yards for a TD! 24-10. Holland with some good blocking on the kick return and then he makes a cut to the outside and turns on the jets! 84 yard TD return! 24-17.

Wright with an interception to end a long ND drive. He returns it to our 40. On their next drive, Burrell has a great tackle to stop a 3rd and 2. Galippo with the tackle on 4th and 1 to stop the FB short!

Time for cole to take advantage. We are at our 40. 1st play is a PA roll out pass where Cole throws it perfectly to McCoy in stride for a 44 yard gain! 17 seconds left. A holding call negates a TD and we end up settling for a FG due to time considerations. 24-20.

Halftime: 24-20.

We kickoff to start the half. We stop them at midfield as our backup DE gets his 5th sack of the year from Griffen's spot. A fake punt fails to be completed. We'll go for the quick strike from midfield. 3rd play, Cole scrambles to his right, buys time, and then finds Holland for a 28 yard gain across the middle. That takes us to the 6. 2 plays later, McKnight has a 6 yard TD run. 27-24

After grinding a few runs, their HB breaks another big run to get inside our 10. Next play their QB throws a TD to their TE. 31-27. 11 play 61 yard drive in which we kept it mostly on the ground ending in a 1 yard TD run by McKnight. 34-31. Their running game is gashing us hard and they use a PA pass for a 21 yard TD to make it 38-34 just as the 3rd quarter ends.

Cole responds with a strong drive through the air! A 14 yard pass to Holland, a 19 yard pass to Ausberry, a 12 yard run, and a 11 yard TD pass to Holland were the highlights. 41-38.

How ironic, with ND driving on 3rd down, our backup DE Michael Reardon sacks DeMetrius and knocks him out for the year with a torn abdominal muscle. They shouldn't have messed with Griffen's knees. With 3:30 to go, they punt it into our endzone. Both defenses are winning the battle in the 4th..

We just need a few 1sts. First play is a 4 yard option run by McKnight. 2nd play, Cole evades a tackle in the backfield and runs it for 7 yards. 3rd play McKnight is stuffed for a loss of 1 up the middle. They use a timeout. 2nd and 11 with 1:40 to go. We go with a PA rollout pass with the plan to only throw to a wide open man or for Cole to scramble.. he hits McCoy for a wide open short pass that he turns into a 11 yard gain for a 1st!

McKnight with a 11 yard run on a pitch from Cole. They use their 2nd T.O. They se their final T.O. It is 3rd and 10 with 52 seconds left at midfield. Cole with a terrible 3rd down play in which he tried to evade two tacklers, and then ran backwards. Sacked for a 14 yard loss. Still, it keeps the clock moving. We run the clock to 1 second and then call a timeout to bring our punter on the field. A great tackle stops the punt returner after a very short gain. 12 seconds left and they are on their own 30 with no timeouts. Their backup QB throws one quick short gain for 8 yards and the receiver gets out of bounds. The next play is a hail mary that we knock down.

Game over. 41-38 win. McKnight wins the player of the game award, but Cole did well and has firmly secured the starting job (I really mean it this time )

Cole: 18 of 32 for 319 yards with a TD and an INT.

Cole: 14 carries for 53 yards.

McKnight: 26 carries for 92 yards and 3 TD's.

Holland: 6 catches for 95 yards and a TD.

McCoy: 5 catches for 112 yards.

Galippo: 13 tackles, 4 for a loss.

Michael Reardon, Everson's backup, had 6 tackles, 3 for a loss, 2 sacks.

DeMetrius Jones: 24 of 36 for 328 yards with 4 TD's 1 INT.

Jared McDaniel: 3 of 8 for 26 yards.

Robert Hughes: 28 carries for 186 yars and a TD.

Golden Tate: 8 catches for 159 yards and 2 TD's. He set the ND all time number of reception career mark in this game.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:00 AM   #130
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Florida won at Florida State 41-36. Florida State drops to #4 in both polls and they drop to #4 in the BCS. The top 5 media poll now:

1. USC 11-0 (44)
2. Florida 12-0 (21)
3.Texas 11-1
4. FSU 11-1
5. Iowa 11-1

The top 5 coaches' poll:

1. Florida (39)
2. USC
3. Texas
4. FSU
5. Iowa

The BCS Top 5:

1. Florida
2. USC
3. Texas
4. FSU
5. Iowa

Now, we just need to win at UCLA to guarantee a national championship appearance. We get more bad news on the recruiting front as we lose:

1. Steie Coleman, a big 4 star HB from San Jose, CA who chose Cal over USC and UCLA.

2. Darnell Dennis, a 4 star SS who chose Ohio State over Auburn and USC. He is from Hawaii.

3. Mike McLaurin, a 5 star OLB from Santa Clarita, CA who chose ASU over UCLA and USC.

4. Anthony Crawford, a 5 star WR from Coral Gables, FL who chose Florida over FSU and USC.

5. Greg McDonald, a 5 star DT from Hawaii who chose Texas over Hawaii and USC.

6. Karl Burley, a 5 star top CB from Kansas who chose Nebraska over Oklahoma and USC.

7. Paul Heard, the #1 athlete in the nation who could be a great corner or WR. He is from Iowa and he chose OU over Iowa and VT. We were 5th on his list.

8. Kentrick Stegall, a 3 star C who I thought was definitely coming here changed at the last minute to Texas. He is from University Park, NM.

Several other very good players have given soft verbals to other good schools, I need to sway them or this could be a very small class..
Old 09-15-2007, 11:33 AM   #131
Ironhead
College Prospect

That NC train just keeps on chugging. Tough recruiting year though. If you win the NC maybe you will get a nice rebound during offseason recruiting.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:59 PM   #132
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
That NC train just keeps on chugging. Tough recruiting year though. If you win the NC maybe you will get a nice rebound during offseason recruiting.

Yeah, I was really looking forward to getting that HB. At least, we are rebuilding our offensive line this year. I guess we'll probably be going with a bit more of a spread attack offense next year using Brown's speed at HB (assuming McKnight leaves early) along with Cole as the starter (unless Huston takes a huge stride forward during the offseason.)
Old 09-15-2007, 04:31 PM   #133
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Now, we travel to play UCLA. They are 6-5 and this should be an easy win, but you never know in this series. They have decent talent on offense and defense with no true standouts.

Cole will get his first start in one of our biggest games in a few years. Newton picks off their first pass and returns it to their 12. He just set the USC school record for most interceptions in a season with his 10th of the year. UCLA stuffs the run on the 1st down, knocks down the pass on 2nd down, and sacks Cole on 3rd down. Mason with the 35 yard FG to make it 3-0.

We force a 3 and out as Newton defends the 1st pass, Galippo the 2nd, and Galippo tackles the HB short of the 1st on the 3rd down pass. Good defense forces us to go 3 and out. Chris Forcier puts together a good drive, but we stop them at the 20. The 37 yard FG makes it 3-3.

Cole with several solid runs on our next drive as we run a 4 WR set to spread things out, but he tries to juke a linebacker inside the 20 and fails to do so. He gets drilled and fumbles it. UCLA recovers.

3 and out as we stuff their HB on 1st and 2nd down and defend the pass on 3rd down. Holland with a good punt return which he then fumbles, but our linebacker dives and falls on it.

3-3 at the end of 1. We are on their 32 and moving the ball.

Cole tries to loft a pass over the linebacker to McKnight and he doesn't get enough air on it. It's picked off. Our next drive, Cole throws a pick on a deep ball that the safety gets when he overthrows his man. That sets up a 6 play 42 yard TD drie ending in a 11 yard TD pass for UCLA. 10-3. McKnight is just pounding them inside setting up a few easy PA passes including a 22 yard pass and a 14 yard pass, but in the redzone Cole throws his 3rd pick of the half. One more and Huston will be back in. On 4th and 5 on their 33, Cole scrambles for 5 yards and a 1st. Cole with an insanely athletic play where he breaks a sack attempt, jukes another defender, and then hits an open Ausberry for 22 yards to get to their 4. We fail to punch it in and we settle for a short FG. Down 10-6 as the half is about to expire.

They throw a hail mary pick at the half. 10-6, we are down, but we get the ball to start the 2nd half. Cole needs to play much better.

Roland Johnson with a great kick return to our 45. Cole makes two quick plays with his legs for 10 and 12 yards. Cole is approaching 100 yards rushing after another 15 yard run on 3rd down. Cole with a 14 yard pass to Holland. Cole goes over 100 yards on 3rd and 4 on their 10 as he runs for 6. McKnight runs it in from the 2. 13-10. That is McKnight's 20th TD this year!

Reardon with another sack. Maybe he should have been playing opposite Griffen all along instead of backing him up. After running it great play after play, Cole tries to throw it deep from their 30. He underthrows Holland and it is picked off again. He has a great arm, but he is underthrowing anyway.

UCLA responds with a 12 play 78 yard drive that ends in a TD pass. 17-13 late in the 3rd. Johnson returns the kickoff to the 41. Cole will be told not to throw it unless the guy is WIDE open. Otherwise, he should run it. Of course, we'll be giving it to McKnight a lot this drive as well. Sheesh, he had a guy WIDE open and he overthrew him. Their corner picked it off and returned it 82 yards for a TD.. Down 24-13. Huston is coming in to try to save the day..

4 plays, 4 completions for Huston the last one is a 11 yard TD to Ausberry! 24-19 as McKnight is stopped short on the 2 point conversion. We force a punt right away and a bad snap over the punter's head leads to a safety. 24-21!

Huston goes 4 of 5 on this drive including a 13 yard TD to Holland! 28-24! 5 minutes left in the game. They start on the 28. 12 yard pass to their HB to get to the 40. We stuff their HB for a 2 yard loss. We defend the pass on 2nd down and our freshman linebacker sacks the QB on 3rd down! Holland with a 16 yard punt return to get to our 45. 4 minutes left. Huston scrambles for a 1st on 3rd and 4! They are stacking 8 and stuffing the run. They sack Huston on 2nd down to force 3rd and 16. Huston with a perfect pass to Roland Johnson underneath.. he picks up a block by Holland and springs it to the outside for 28 yards! McKnight runs it to the 1 and gets us another 1st down. The next play McKnight runs it in for a TD. 35-24 with 1:35 to go.

Shareece Wright with a pick of a deep pass. He's got 9 or 10 now too.

McKnight runs out the clock for us.

Game over. 35-24 win and Huston re-establishes himself as the starter. Cole might start next year if he develops his awareness and accuracy. If he doesn't he'll still be my change up guy and Cole will play, particularly in the redzone in the National Championship game which I should be in

Cole: 14 of 29 for 135 yards with 5 INT's.

Huston: 9 of 12 for 167 yards with 2 TD's 0 INT's.

McKnight: 30 carries for 121 yards and 2 TD's.

Cole: 15 carries for 107 yards.

Huston: 3 carries for 12 yards.

Ausberry: 9 catches for 127 yards and a TD.

Holland: 4 catches for 55 yards and a TD.

Michael Reardon: 8 tackles, 3 for a loss, 2 sacks.

Chris Forcier: 22 of 38 for 265 yards with 2 TD's 3 INT's.

Raymond Carter: 24 carries for 72 yards.

Nate Chandler: 4 catches for 58 yards.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:03 PM   #134
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We lose out on 6 more recruits!

1. Brian Hufford, a 5'8 170 pound a 4 star lightning fast scatback chooses Stanford over USC.

2. Keith McFarland, a great 5 star DE from Texas chooses Florida over OU and USC.

3. Ted Hill a 5 star OLB from Redding CA choses Michigan over USC and Florida.

4. William Gooden, a 5 star FS from Costa Mesa, CA chooses Cal over USC and Stanford.

5. Ronald Tucker, a 4 star FB from Jacksonville, AR, chooses Wisconsin over USC and Tenn.

6. Mark Rivas, a 4 star DE from Chula Vista, CA chooses Cal over USC and UCLA.

We do get one player we wanted, Eric Coleman is a JUCO player, but he is a special player who is the #1 SS in the country and #4 overall in the rankings. He is 6'0 200 pounds with great speed, instincts, and he is a big hitter. He'll likely compete for a starting job next year. He is from Garland, TX. He chose us over Texas and Nebraska.

However, with all of these recent misses, we only have 7 guys left on our board and 1 is a QB who I haven't really been recruiting.

I still can't believe I let Nate Wise get away. I was looking forward to using him. 6'1 220 blistering speed with great power. We'll have to follow his career.

I try to go for a poor man's version named Daniel Smith that I'm adding to the recruiting list very late. He is a 3 star HB who is 6'1 200 pounds with decent power but also has blistering speed. However, he doesn't have the agility and acceleration that Wise has.

Florida beats Auburn 32-21 and remains #1 in the BCS. The good news is we remain #2! We'll be playing Florida for the National Championship.

FSU's WR Bert Reed wins the Heisman. The fast RS Junior had 57 catches for 1194 yards and 16 TD's. He also returned 35 kicks for 817 yards with 3 TD's. He also returned 36 punts for 478 yards and 1 TD.

James Henry of Texas came in 2nd. He had 253 carries for 1752 yards and 16 TD's. He also had 12 catches for 218 yards and 5 TD's.

McKnight came in 3rd: 249 carries for 1309 yards with 21 TD's. He also had 33 catches for 359 yards and a TD.

The following USC players made All-American First Team:

HB McKnight, DE Everson Griffen, DT DaJohn Harris, MLB Chris Galippo, CB Kyle Newton, CB Shareece Wright, FS Tony Watson, and K Craig Mason (20 of 25 FG's made), and at Returner Jamere Holland

NB Tyrone Overstreet and SS Marhsall Jones made 2nd team All-American.

The following USC players made the Freshman All-American Team:

HB Blake Brown (79 carries for 410 yards and 14 TD's before being hurt), DT Darren Cleman, LB Bryan Burrell, K Craig Mason.

DaJohn Harris won the Lombardi Award. Kyle Newton won the Thorpe Award

Chris Galippo led the nation in tackles and tackles for a loss, but did not win the best linebacker award.

DaJohn Harris's 10 sacks was 2nd in the nation behind 12 by Kerry Neal of ND.

Newton's 10 interceptions tied him for 1st in the nation with Allen Kent of VT.

Wright had 9 for USC but VT also had a 2nd guy with 9.

I probably won't get to the National Championship Game until tomorrow, but here is a quick preview:

Our PPG scored of 52.7 is 1st in the nation. Their 39.7 ppg scored is 7th in the nation.

Our total offense is 2nd with 5,815 yards. Theirs is 5th with 5607 yards.

Our rush offense is 7th with 2243 yards. Theirs is 40th with 1703 yards.

Our pass offense is 13th with 3572 yards. Theirs is 7th with 3904 yards.

Our total defense is 50th with 4197 yards given up. Theirs is 12th with only 3225 yards given up.

Our run defense is 37th with 1267 yards allowed. Theirs is 23rd with 1139 yards given up.

Our pass defense is 71st with 2930 yards given up. Theirs is 6th with only 2086 yards.

Our turnover margin of plus 14 is 11th in the nation. They are plus 11 which is 13th in the nation. They may be missing their top CB for the game We may be missing Brown at HB and Holland at DE.

Their QB is one of the most efficient in the nation. Brantley has completed 150 of 270 passes for 2248 yards with 29 TD's 6 INT's.

Their leading HB only has 862 yards, but their backups are plenty capable. Rainey only has 149 carries to lead the team.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:41 AM   #135
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

In the major bowls:

Iowa finished 12-1 after they beat Texas A&M 48-24 in the Rose Bowl.

Penn State finished 11-2 after they beat West Virginia 41-14 in the Sugar Bowl.

FSU finished 13-1 after they bet Pitt 38-23 in the Orange Bowl.

Texas finishes 13-1 after they beat Auburn 17-14 in the Fiesta Bowl.

Now, it is time for the National Championship Game.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:55 AM   #136
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We kickoff to them and good kick coverage, but they start at their 28.

They come out in 4 WR sets with John Brantley under center. We shut down the pitch to the HB for a loss of 2. They have Chris Rainey at HB. He has blistering speed, unbelievable agility, and great acceleration. He is one of the best backs in college football but he is small and isn't going to break many tackles if we can get our hands on him. Brantley throws to his favorite WR Hernadez for a pickup of 7 on 2nd down. On 3rd and 4, Brnatley throws it for 5 yards. Next play Brantley throws it to Johnson for 12. He's hit 3 different receivers so far. Rainey evades two tacklers on the next play, but still only gains a yard as we swarmed to him. On 2nd and 9, Marshall Jones breaks up the deep ball. On 3rd and 9, Newton defends the pass. They lineup to punt from our 44... they fake it. We stuff the back for a 1 yard loss as I was ready for it.

McKnight runs it for 4 yards up the middle the first play. McKnight gains 1 yard on the run off RT. Their safety defends the pass towards the TE. We punt. A great punt bounces to their 6 before we down it.

On 3rd and 10, the QB throws it to Hernadez across the middle.. Marshall Jones drills him.. he fumbles! Newton picks it up. They reverse the call and say he was down before he fumbled. 1st down Florida. Rainey with a 8 yard run on the next play. Newton drops a ball that should have been picked on 2nd and 2. On 3rd and 2, a short pass turns into a 18 yard gain. Brantley scrambles for 5 on the next play and they are into our half of the field. A pass for 12 yards to Thompson. That is his first catch. Deonte Thompson is one of their biggest WR weapons. Another pass gets them to the 15. A false start leads to 2nd and 16 after we stuffed a QB run for a loss of 1. Brantley to Monroe for 14. Newton picks off a pass intended for Hernadez in the endzone. He returns it to the 15. First play Huston overthrows the TE underneath and it is picked off by the safety on the 19. They return it to the 12. Watson defends two passes in a row and Jones knocks down the 3rd down pass. A 29 yard FG makes it 3-0. 1:50 left in the 1st.

Holland returns it to the 38 on the kickoff return.

McKnight is stuffed for a 1 yard loss. Ausberry catches a deep crossing route where their CB went for the pick and misplayed it. Ausberry shrugs off a safety and beats the defense down the middle of the field! 7-3. 63 yard TD pass!

Rainey returns the kickoff all the way, but there is a clipping call that pushes them back to their own 29. Galippo stuffs the backup HB (an excellent player as well) for a 2 yard loss. Hernadez catches a 7 yard pass, breaks a tackle attempt by Wright and goes for 15 more yards.

End of 1: Up 7-3.

Griffen is back healthy and he stuffs Rainey for a 1 yard loss. It's now 3rd and 13 after a penalty. Brantley misses his WR and they have to punt from around midfield. They tackle Holland immediately. We are at our 21.

WR screen to Ausberry for 7 yards. They stuff McKnight for a loss of 1. 5 yard run by McKnight. On an ensuing 3rd and 5, Huston with a great pass to Holland for 12. Next play is a pass to McCoy for 22 yards. McKnight with a 10 yard run to get inside their 20. Next play is a 13 yard deep out for a TD by Ausberry! 14-3.

We force a 3 and out and Holland returns the punt 68 yards for a TD!! 21-3. They fumble the kickoff and we recover.. the rout might be on! 5 carries by McKnight in a row including a 1 yard TD run! 28-3. They respond with a very good drive that ends when my blitzing linebacker tips the ball and DaJohn Harris intercepts it!

On our own 21: McKnight runs it for 10. 8 yard pass to McKnight. McKnight breaks 3 or 4 tackles on a 12 yard run. He needs a breather. Edwards with a 1 yard run as Brown is still out injured. PA play everyone is covered deep, but Huston finds Moss for 9 yards and a 1st. A few plays later Huston throws to Ausberry to get us inside their 12. Cole comes in to give us a scrambling option. First play is an option pitch to McKnight for a 9 yard TD run! 35-3. 40 seconds left in the half.

7 yard pass to Thompson. They are on their 41 now. Galippo defends the pass deep across the middle as he dropped back in a zone. WR reverse for a 2 yard gain. With 17 seconds left, they punt it. They punt away from Holland but it is a short punt - only to the 21. A simply pitch to McKnight gets us 6. 9 yard run by McKnight as we are content to run out the clock.

Halftime: 35-3 lead!

Huston: 10 of 13 for 158 yards with 2 TD's 1 INT.

McKnight: 16 carries or 88 yards at the half.

They kick off to us. We start at our 30. A holding call leads to 1st and 20. Despite 8 men in the box, McKnight runs for 13 up the middle as he gets some good blocking and evaded two tacklers McKnight loses 2 on the toss. Johnson has it for a second but a hard hit by the safety and he drops the pass. We punt. Rainey breaks a tackle, but good coverage and he only gains 12. We stop them at their 38. Interestingly, they run it 3 straight times including a toss to Rainey on 3rd and 3. We stop him for a 1 yard gain. They punt. Holland returns it to our 40.

Cole will get to play this drive. Of course, we'll mostly be handing it of to McKnight and company. On 3rd and 6, he finds Holland for a 14 yard gain. On 3rd and 1, he runs PA roll out play and he hits Johnson in stride for a 19 yard gain. That takes us to their 12. 2 plays later, he rolls to his left and McKnight is wide open in the back left corner of the endzone.. Cole with a perfect throw for a 11 yard TD!! 42-3.

We force a 3 and out. Cole with get another drive. McKnight with a 7 yard off tackle run. Next play is a 2 yard run up the middle. McKnight runs it for 4 up the middle the next play. McKnight runs for 6 and then is stuffed. Incomplete pass on 3rd and 4 as Cole threw it poorly under pressure.

End of 3: 42-3 lead.

We force another 3 and out. Our defensive line is going full bore against the pass and is putting tremendous pressure on their QB. We put in our entire 2nd team offense. Cole and Edwards are running it down the field (via supersim) and they end with a 1 yard TD run by Cole. 49-3.

Against our 2nd team defense, they put together a long 15 play 74 yard drive that ends in a 7 yard TD pass. 49-10 but that ate up about 4 minutes of the quarter. We recover the onside kick.

On 3rd and 12, I can't resist calling a pass. Cole sees Duren has a step and he throws a perfect lob.. Duren gets his hands on it, but just can't hang onto it. Would have been a TD. We punt instead.

Our 2nd team defense forces a 3 and out. Johnson fumbles the punt after a 11 yard punt return and Florida recovers. 2:20 left. Our linebacker Thomas intercepts it on our 14 ending a good drive. 56 seconds left.

We run out the clock. We win the National Championship! 49-10.

Huston finished with his halftime stats.

Cole was 4 of 7 for 64 yards with 1 TD 0 INT's.

McKnight: 27 carries for 133 yards and 2 TD's.

Edwards: 8 carries for 21 yards. I don't think he is quite ready to be our every game back next year despite being rated 91. He is a very good short yardage back, but doesn't have enough of a burst.

Cole: 3 carries for 14 yards and a TD.

Ausberry: 4 catches for 94 yards and 2 TD's. He is slow, but he was so strong. We'll miss him.

Holland: 2 catches for 28 yards. We'll miss his speed as well.

McKnight 4 catches for 31 yards.

Galippo: 13 tackles, 4 for a loss, 2 passes defended. We'll miss the senior.

DaJohn Harris; 6 tackles, 2 for a loss, a sack, and an interception. He'll probably go pro.

John Brantley: 26 of 43 for 304 yards with 1 TD 3 INT's.

Chris Rainey: 14 carries for 29 yards.

Deonte Thompson: 7 catches for 100 yards.

Ali Bryan (a true freshman) 5 catches for 58 yards.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:00 AM   #137
Ironhead
College Prospect

Congrats on another NC! But as the title of the thread says, "Can they stay on top?"
Old 09-16-2007, 11:03 AM   #138
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A final look at our season stat leaders:

Huston: 136 of 217 (62%) for 2090 yards with 19 TD's 19 INT's. He was sacked 21 times.

Cole: 107 of 196 (54%) for 1690 yards with 13 TD's 14 INT's. He was sacked 14 times.

McKnight: 276 carries for 1442 yards and 23 TD's.

Brandon Cole: 91 carries for 526 yards and a 7 TD's.

Ausberry: 50 catches for 889 yards and 9 TD's.

Holland: 45 catches for 988 yards and 9 TD's.

McKnight: 37 catches for 390 yards and 2 TD's.

Galippo: 122 tackles, 19 for a loss, 1 sack, 2 INT's.

DaJohn Harris: 64 tackles, 29 for a loss, 11 sacks.

Kyle Newton: 18 passes defended. 11 Interceptions. We'll probably lose the true Junior to the pros.

Shareece Wright: 14 passes defended, 9 interceptions. He is graduating.

The final top 10:

1. USC 13-0
2. Texas 13-1
3. FSU 13-1
4. Iowa 12-1
5. Florida 13-1
6. Penn State 11-2
7. Michigan 11-2
8. Pitt 11-2
9. Louisville 11-2
10. Texas A&M 11-2
Old 09-16-2007, 11:05 AM   #139
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Congrats on another NC! But as the title of the thread says, "Can they stay on top?"

Thanks! I think next year will be tough with a drop off in talent due to so many graduating players. I need a serious rebound in recruiting. I focused so much on getting those top OL that I neglected other areas. At least we should have some big hols opening up for our backs in a year or two. McKnight was really doing it on his own a lot of times this year. Now to see how many players transfered and went pro...
Old 09-16-2007, 11:08 AM   #140
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

CB Kyle Newton, DT DaJohn Harris, and HB Joe McKnight all are going pro early.

Graduating players: Holland, McCoy, Wright, Reardon, Galippo, Atkinson, Porter, Heberer, RT Butch Lewis (who was the best guy on the line this year statistically), Ausberry.

I'm really surprised Everson Griffen didn't leave early as well as a few other guys. Maybe I won't have such a dropoff next year after all. With those players leaving, I only have room to add 13 guys to the roster which also means that it's not such a big deal where we are right now with recruiting. I'm very surprised none of the WR's or CB's wanted to transfer.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:41 AM   #141
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The 1st week of offseason recruiting we lose out on a QB that I wasn't pursuing hard. He chooses Michigan over LSU and Ohio State. John Gonzales is a 4 star QB from Santa Clara, CA who is a classic pocket passer. He was ranked 56th overall.

We do get 5 players that I really wanted:

WR Randy Fisher is a 6'3 186 pound 5 star player from Sunnyvale, CA. He is the 7th ranked player overall in the nation! He chose us over UCLA and Florida. He doesn't have elite speed, but he has very good speed, great hands, and good elusiveness as well as the ability to make the spectacular catch. He also has great route running.

WR Joe Garrett is also a 5 star WR from Vista, CA. He chose USC over Cal and UCLA. He is ranked 31st in the nation. He is 6'2 191. He also has just very good speed, but he has amazing jumping ability. He has great acceleration and is a good route runner with good hands.

TE Bobby Timbers was one of the top TE's in the nation. He is a 5 star player from London, CN. He is a massive 6'5 275 and was ranked 26th overall. He is a powerful blocker with surprising speed for his size. He has ok hands but they need work. He has good strength and will be able to run over a lot of DB's and linebackers if he catches it.

G Andrew Carrington is a 4 star G who completes our offensive line rebuilding. He is 6'1 330 and is from Brighton, AL. He chose us over Alabama and Florida. He is ranked 124th in the nation. He is very good technique wise in both run and pass blocking. He needs to work on his awareness, but otherwise is an excellent prospect.

Finally, we signed another kicker. Reggie Wright is a 3 star kicker from North Kingman-Butler, AZ. He was the top kicker in the nation this year and has a strong leg with good accuracy. He might beat out Mason for the job.

In the 2nd week, we get the last big recruit that we really wanted this offseason:

DE Courtney Larkin is a 6'3 257 pound DE who is ranked 11th in the country overall and 2nd among DE's. He is from Simi Valley, CA. He is a very good finesse move DL.

We lose out on our last option at HB who we went after too late. Daniel Smith, the speedy back, chose Clemson over UNC and NCSU.

I made promises to quite a few players that they would not be redshirted including: WR Fisher, WR Garrett, TE Timbers, and DE Larkin.

In the 4th week of recruiting, we get the last guy we are going to pursue. 3 star DT Isaiah Adams from Grand Parairie, TX. I promised him no redshirt as well. He is a 6'2 275 pound DT that was being pursued by Texas and Texas A&M. He is a player who is just good in a lot of areas without excelling at anything.

I've now signed 14 guys. Only 13 left, so that is the most I'm going after. I'll cut the worst guy on the team, but I don't want to cut too many players.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:50 AM   #142
Ironhead
College Prospect

That tight end...

He will be a monster if he can just catch the ball.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #143
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The top 5 classes overall:

1. Florida 5-10-9-1-0.
2. USC 7-4-3
3. LSU 3-7-11-4
4. Texas 3-8-10-1
5. Louisville 2-11-3-9-0.

However, by the average number of stars, we blow everyone away.

Looking at our spring roster, I'm really surprised David McKenzie a highly touted QB didn't transfer away from us. I'm also surprised SS Marshall Jones didn't go pro. Because of that and since Eric Coleman is so fast, Coleman will get some PT at CB as the 5th option as we now only have 4 CB's.

A look at who improved the most from each position:

Aaron Corp, now a senior showed a large stride forward. He'll probably win the starting job. He is more mobile than Huston and McKenzie and is now the 2nd most accurate QB (McKenzie is the 1st most accurate but is lacking in other areas.) Brandon Cole showed strides in accuracy and awareness. He'll continue to be my #2 changup guy although probably not as much redzone action as Corp can move himself a fair bit.

Michael Edwards took a huge stride forward. He isn't fast and will never be a breakway threat. However, he is going to be very hard to bring down as he is powerful and elusive. He'll be the #1 back with Brown being the change of pace speed option at #2.

Lance Moss took an insane leap forward. Senior Jason Clask also took a great leap forward. However, Moss is faster and is the better blocker between the two now. Moss has greatly improved his blocking and will be the #1 FB option.

Freshman, Mike Duren made the biggest strides but with the incoming reshman and the improvement of our two Johnson's he'll be a 3rd or 4th WR. Ronald Johnson has improved every part of his game including his speed. He has more speed than Ausberry but still has Ausberry's ability to break tackles. He is set to have a monster senior year if the QB can get to him. He also has great catching ability and spectacular catches in him.

Sophomore Cornelius Johnson isn't as fast, but he is a great #2 option with excellent hands.

TE Terrance Franklin only took a modest stride forward, but moreso than Ellison did. He'll be our #1 option and I suspect Timbers will win the #2 job with his massive body and ability to really block which will work well in our two TE sets.

Senior LT Andre Andrews hardly improved, but will still be our starting LT.

LG Martin Coleman showed minimal improvement but is the best player at the position.

Both C's showed moderate improvement in all phases of the game. Neither are all that good still. They are now at least average.

No returning players at RG and a true freshman will start there.

Ditto for RT.

Everson Griffen took another nice step forward in all phases of his game. He's even improved his speed.. He'll be tracking down some HB's from behind. He is set for a monster senior year.

Opposite him, DE Blake Holland showed minimal improvement, but with Reardon gone, he'll start.

True Sophomore DT Darren Coleman showed great improvement and is set for a very good season. Junior Harvey Mikulec also improved quite a bit and will start alongside him.

RS JR Jamaal Miller took a nice step forward and will be a very good LOLB this year.

MLB Bryan Burrell took a huge leap forward in every phase of his game and is set to be a star at MLB as a true sophomore.

ROLB Jordan Maiava is another player I'm surprised didn't go pro. He has improved quite a bit and will be the best player of an excellent linebacking corp.

Tyrone Overstreet took huge leaps forward and will be a star CB. True Sophomore Jimmy Lynch didn't improve much at the other side, but will win the job. Still, it is a weakness compared to last year.

JR FS Tony Watson had another huge offseason. He is the fastest player in our secondary and is set for a monster junior year.

SS Marshall Jones is now one of the top 2 or 3 best safeties in all of college football. He is great in coverage and has excellent hands as well.

Craig Mason took a huge leap forward but might still get cut because our freshman K looks great in practice.

P Chase Hardy really improved his ability to angle the ball.

Craig might be the first freshman All-American kicker to get cut, but we do cut him for Reggie who will be our kicker for the next 3 or 4 years. That is our 1 and only cut.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #144
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Because of promises, we only redshirt two players:

LT Jon Allen who will be the starter at LT next year. LG Melvin Curtis who has a chance to start next year.

I'm going to catch up on the football games now, but if the two games that I'm interested in becoming boring games, I'll do my depth chart and first game later today.

Ironhead, I agree about Timbers. He'll definitely be our #2 TE because of his blocking, but I'm looking forward to throwing some passes and letting him run over people
Old 09-16-2007, 04:12 PM   #145
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A look at the depth chart:

QB: Corp (94), Cole (77), Huston (92)
HB: Michael Edwards (95), Dusty Hawthorne a former highly recruited high school player made some nice leaps and will be the #2 back over Brown. He isn't quite as fast, but he is far more shifty and he accelerates better (87), Patrick Morris (86)
FB: Moss (82), Clark (85), Dawson (79)
WR: Ronald Johnson (94), Cornelius Johnson (89), True Freshman Randy Fisher (80), Jimmy McDonald (74 - but fastest man on the roster now), True Freshman Joe Garrett (77), Mike Duren (76 - second fastest WR)
TE: Terrance Franklin (89), Bobby Timbers (78 - but is the best blocker), Rhett Ellison (85)
LT: Andre Andrews (88), Charles Williams (79)
LG: Martin Coleman (94), Anthony Schroeder (85)
C: Daniel Harris (79), Rudy Russell (79)
RG: True Freshman and top recruit Erik Williams (79), True Freshman Andrew Carrington (73)
RT: True Freshman Derrick Smith (78), True Freshman Nate Smith (77)

LE: Everson Griffen (98), Bryson Richardson (86)
RE: Blake Holland (91), Damien Swain (88)
DT: Sophomore Darren Coleman (90), JR Harvey Mikulec (84), Isaiah Adams, (68), Anthony Crenshaw (69)
LOLB: Jamaal Mlller (89), Ed Keyes (87), Raishaun Washington (83)
MLB: True Sophomore Bryan Burrell (93), Kyle Thomas (81)
ROLB: Jordan Maiava (97), Michael Carter (79)
CB: Tyrone Overstreet (92), Jimmy Lynch (84), Brian Lambert (82), Reggie Pauly (77)
FS: Tony Watson (92), Greg Archie (83), George Robinson (80)
SS: Marshall Jones (99), Eric Coleman (84), Kevin Lewis (79)
K: Reggie Wright (70)
P: Chase Hardy (84)

KR: Dusty Hawthorne and Ronald Johnson
PR: Ronald Johnson, Dusty Hawthorne, Jimmy McDonald

Our DA wanted to schedule a soft first two games against an FCS West team and Army. Instead, I scheduled Northwestern at home in week 1 and we'll travel to play the #23 Arkansas team in week 2.

We are going after our most ambitious recruiting class since I've been here. All of my top targets are #1 at their position in the country.

I'll be working really hard to get the top HB who isn't quite as good as the guy I wanted last year, but he is close. I'll also be working hard to get the top QB in the country who is a fast option QB who can really throw it well. We'll also be working hard to get the top CB in the country.

We are #1 in the pre-season polls.

the top 5:

1. USC - Overall A+, Offense A+, Defense A-, Special Teams A+
2. FSU - Overall A, Offense A-, Defense B+, Special Teams B+
3. Florida A, A, B+, A+
4. Iowa B+, A-, B+, C
5. Penn State A, B+, B+, A+

Our first game is against Northwstern which has a B- Offense and a C+ defense. We should destroy them.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:48 PM   #146
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Edwards with a 17 yard run as he ran through 2 defenders. He may not be fast, but he is powerful. He gained 8 points in break tackle during the offseason - I've never seen that much of a gain in one category. His 2nd carry, he breaks two tackles and fumbles it while trying to break a 3rd.. Northwestern recovers.

Using an option attack, Northwestern ran it all over our team including a 1 yard TD by the QB! 7-0.

After 4 runs by Edwards, a PA pass to Ronald Johnson for 31 yards. Next play is a PA pass to Timbers! He catches it at the 15.. he runs over two safeties for a TD!!! 7-7. 32 yard play to Timbers! I've saved the play to my harddrive. EA sports needs to get their servers up so I can show the big man rumble (he actually has better speed than Ellison and is really fast for his size.)

Lambert with a pick of a bad throw by their QB. Edwards doesn't have the speed to pull away but he just evaded and ran over 2 different guys for a 22 yard gain.. He has the best combo of power and elusiveness that we've had in a few years and it happened almost overnight. All he lacks is breakaway speed. We try to get too cute inside the 5 with the PA pass and we fail twice to score. A FG makes it 10-7.

Lambert with his second pick of the game on a deep ball. The nickelback is having a good game against a bad QB. We follow that up with a 13 play 53 yard drive ending in a 1 yard TD run by Edwards. 17-7 late in the 1st. Corp ran for a 3rd and 5 on this drive and is playing very well. No musical QB's this season. Cole will get PT though in the 2nd half with the 1st when we are up big and with the 2nd team.

During Supersim early in the 2nd quarter, Corp throws his 1st pick to a LB. Our next drive, a punt is blocked in supersim and they recover it on the 8. Next play is a 8 yard TD pass. 17-14. During the last minute of supersim (I do 3 minutes in the 2nd and 4th quarter), Edwards fumbles and they recover. They use the short field for a quick strike to their TE for a TD. 21-17.

Back to live action and Hawthorne returns it to the 40. A holding call against our RG negates a 22 yard Edwards run. Corp to Ronald Johnson for 27 yards on the next play. Edwards with a 10 yard run as our OL is opening huge holes. Edwards goes over 100 yards on this drive late in the 2nd quarter. Corp with a PA roll out scramble for 6 yards and a TD to end the drive. 24-21.

We stop them at midfield and force a punt with 1:44 left in the half. They fake it, run it, and we stop them well short of the 1st. That gives us time to drive down the field and Timbers is critical.. he makes a huge block on a 12 yard run by Edwards, catches a 14 yard pass, and makes the block on the 1 yard TD run by Edwards. 31-21. 20 seconds left.

Halftime: Up 31-21.

We kickoff and they start on the 20. They have a good drive for about 50 yards and then Overstreet picks off an out pass. He returns it to their 30. We fail to move it anywhere and Corp gets sacked for a loss of 7. However, Reggie shows that we made the right move making him our kicker as he drills a 54 yard FG! 34-21.

A good drive ends when their HB fumbles and Swain recovers, but I'm worried about our pass defense. On 3rd and 14, Fisher catches his first pass for USC, but he is stopped a yard short of the first. On their 36, we are forced to punt on 4th and 1. Their QB fumbles a keeper and we get the ball back on their 42. We get stopped on 3rd and 3. A 53 yard FG atttempt is blocked!

In 8 plays they cover 48 yards and end iw with a 8 yard TD pass. I'm really worried about our pass defense now. 34-28.

WOW! Corp scrambles on 2nd down and gets a block downfield from Ronald Johnson that springs him and he manages to pick up another block from Timbers and he runs 74 yards for a TD!!! 42-28 as Edwards run it in for 2.

We stop them at midfield and they turn it over on downs. 3 plays later, Corp throws a perfect spiral that is a high arcing pass for a 48 yard TD to Cornelius Johnson in the back of the endzone! 49-28.

Burrell picks it off just outside the endzone. He returns it to our 12. 1:35 left and Cole will come in to run the option with the 2nd team.

We run out the clock.

Game over. 49-28 win.

Corp: 15 of 25 for 234 yards with 2 TD's 1 INT.

Cole: 1 of 1 for 11 yards.

Edwards: 26 carries for 125 yards and 2 TD's.

Corp: 7 carries for 116 yards and 2 TD's.

Hawthorne: 3 carries for 9 yards.

Cole: 2 carries for 25 yards.

Cornelius Johnson: 3 catches for 55 yards and a TD.

Ronald Johnson: 3 catches for 55 yards.

Bobby Timbers: 2 catches for 50 yards and a TD!

Bryan Burrell: 14 tackles, 4 for a loss, 1 sack, 1 INT.

Brian Lambert: 9 tackles, 2 interceptions, but he also allowed a lot of catches.

Tyrone Overstreet: 3 passes defended, 1 interception, and he shut down his side of the field.

Dan Persa 24 of 40 for 278 yards with 3 TD's 4 INT's.

Scott Concannon: 25 carries for 87 yards.

Persa: 13 carries for 36 yards and a TD.

Charles Brown: 5 catches for 61 yards.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:53 PM   #147
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The positive of the SD-NE game being a blowout is that I can get in one more game that I didn't expect....

In the first week, a recruit that I didn't really want, a 5 star G from Texas, signs with Texas.

The top HB isn't giving me the time of the day.. I'm going to have a hard time getting him and I might give very soon. The top CB doesn't even want to talk either. At least the #1 QB seems to love us.

Arkansas is 1-0 and they have a good offense. Their offense is rated B+ while their defense is rated B-. Hopefully, Corp can have a repeat performance in which he won Pac-10 Offensive Player of the week.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #148
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Overstreet with a pass defended on 3rd down and 5. 3 and out for Arkansas.

Johnson returns it 6 yards to our 33. At midfield, I go for it on 4th and inches and they stuff the run. We give it to them on downs. A nice blend of passes and runs on a 9 play 48 yard drive. They end it with a 1 yard TD run. 7-0.

While under pressure, Corp throws it off his back foot and floats a pass that their safety picks off and returns to our 30. They miss the 48 yard FG attempt after we stuff them on 3 straight plays.

Edwards bounces off a defender and picks up 4 extra yards for a 8 yard gain. Corp tries a PA pass on the next play and he makes a good throw but the safety just made a great play to beat Johnson to it. We force a 3 and out and they punt. A good start to the drive, but Corp threw it towards Cornelius in double coverage and the corner picked it off.

Marshall Jones picks it off on their 1st play. He returns it to their 46. We get stopped on the 21. The 38 yard FG is good. 7-3.

Another interception on their first pass. 4 plays to go 19 yards including a 4 yard TD run by Edwards. 10-7. We force a 3 and out. A good punt return starts us at midfield. 4 plays 48 yards including a 4 yard TD pass to Franklin, our starting TE. 17-7. Our next drive, they stop us again on 4th and inches, this time on their 43. Our young offensive line is having trouble opening holes against this team. Our defense forces a 3 and out.

5 yard pass to Timbers to start the drive. We finally convert a 4th and inches on their 45. Timbers had a 3 yard reception before that play. Fisher with an amazing catch of a pass behind him for a 12 yard gain. They stop us at the 16 with a heavy blitz. Reggie nails the 33 yard FG. 20-7. They miss a 56 yard FG attempt with 20 seconds left in the half..

About a 30 yard pass gets us to their 34 with 10 seconds left. A 27 yard pass to R. Johnson to get to their 7. 2 seconds left so we kick the FG. 23-7.

Halftime: 23-7 despite a very rocky start for Corp.

We get the ball. Edwards with good blocking on the toss to get 14 yards. A few plays later, Moss catches a pass in the flat, runs over a corner, and then outruns the rest of the defense for a 37 yard TD! 30-7. Moss is faster, bigger, and catches better than Edwards and I need to use him more.

Overstreet is hurt on their next drive and will miss the rest of this game with a sprained knee. They miss a 38 yard FG attempt wide right. Edwards drops a 3rd down pass and we have to punt. Osei thrwos a nice pass to their Wr and he breaks a tackle and takes it 52 yards for a TD. 30-13 as we defend the 2 point pass conversion attempt. Overstreet would have been covering if he wasn't hurt.

Timbers catches a nice 19 yard pass but he fails to knock over a safety and gets tackled on the 1 The next play Hawthorne runs it in from the 1. 37-13.

A very good drive in which they mostly ran it results in a 3 yard run by their QB for a TD. 37-21 as they run it in for 2.

We exchange failed drives before Reggie makes a 42 yard FG on our next drive. 40-21. Time for us to get Cole in there. Our first play of the next drive, Edwards fumbles. They recover. They put together a good drive ending in a nice TD pass. 40-28. We prepare for an onside attempt since there is only 3 minutes left.

Ronald Johnson recovers the onside kick! Cole tries to throw it deep and the safety picks it off. The safety returns it to the 50 where Cole tackles him. Cole was just inches from having a bomb TD to Timbers.

They put together another TD pass. This QB has had a great 2nd half for them. 40-35. 1:50 to go. We prepare for the onside kick. Ronald Johnson recovers it.

Cole will stay in, but won't be throwing... Correction, he might throw on 3rd and 9, but only if a guy is truly wide open.. Cole scrambles 11 yards for a first down! A few plays later, Edwards has perfect blocking on a toss and he takes it 14 yards for a TD. 47-35. 46 seconds left. They pass it to the 1, but time runs out. This QB's performance in the 2nd half is the best I've ever seen against us... of course, that could be because Overstreet is out and our corners aren't very good without him in there.

Game over. 47-35 win.

Corp: 20 of 37 for 258 yards with 2 TD's 3 INT's.

Cole; 1 of 2 for 12 yards with an INT.

Edwards: 35 carries for 122 yards and 2 TD's.

Corp: 7 carries for 18 yards.

Cole: 1 carry for 12 yards.

Hawthorne: 2 carries for 12 yards and a TD.

Terrance Franklin: 5 catches for 72 yards and a TD.

Lance Moss: 4 catches for 63 yards and a TD.

Ronald Johnson: 4 catches for 59 yards.

Bobby Timbers: 3 catches for 26 yards.

Randy Fisher: 2 catches for 23 yards.

Cornelius Johnson only had 1 catch for 11 yards.

Burrell lead the team with 8 tackles, 2 for a loss. We ddn't get any sacks. Marshall Jones and Jimmy Lynch each had a pick. Overstreet defended 3 passes before leaving the game.

Jason Osei: 26 of 43 for 331 yards with 3 TD's 2 INT's.

Ben Smith: 24 carries for 91 yards and a TD.

Osei: 5 carries for 17 yards and a TD.

Larry Allen: 5 catches for 90 yards and a TD.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:37 PM   #149
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We put a lot of time into recruiting the top HB in the nation this week, and I think we now have his attention. The top cornerback is now listening as well. We've got the top QB scheduled for a visit in week 4 when we host Arizona.

Not much of note happens during our bye week except for #6 Michigan shutting out #16 ND 30-0. Michigan is 3-0.

In total, we'll have 6 big time recruits at the Arizona game which will be played next weekend most likely.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:25 PM   #150
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Arizona has a good offense but a suspect defense. It's raining hard, today.

Our first play is a pass to Franklin who bobbles it and the SS picks it off as a result. Good blocking on the return gets them to our 30. Reese, their HB breaks two tackles and gains 11 yards. We stop them the next 3 plays and they settle for a FG. 3-0. Corp's first pass on the next drive is also picked off as I made a bad read and threw it right to the linebacker. They are inside the 10 as a result. We stop them inside the 5. FG makes it 6-0.

They stop us at midfield on our next drive. Our punter just barely puts it too far and it is a touchback. A good punt return allows us to start our next drive on their 36.

First play is a 14 yard pass to Ronald Johnson. Then, a perfect 20 yard screen to Edwards. Edwards runs it in for a 2 yard TD. 7-6.

End of 1: Up 7-6 and they are about to punt.

We miss a 47 yard FG on our next drive. During Supersim, Corp throws his 3rd pick of the day, this time to a DT. His first pass of our next drive (also in Supersim) is another pick. 4 INT's and it is time to let Cole spark our offense. Cole is leading us on a gret drive. We would have had a TD pass but Frankling fumbled. Fortunately, our WR recovered on their 2. 2 plays later, Hawthorne runs it in from the 2. 14-6. With under a minute left, their QB beats our blitz, our cornerback misses the tackle and their receiver takes it 38 yards for a TD. 14-12 after we stuff the 2 point run attempt.

Up 14-12 at the half, but we kick off to them.

On 3rd and 18, their QB heaves one deep and Marshall Jones picks it off and returns it to their 27. We get stopped at the 15 and settle for a FG. 17-12.

Their QB scrambles on 3rd and 4 and Marshall Jones lights him up. His season is over due to a broken leg. Their backup QB fumbles on his 1st play in the game in which he was trying to run an option play!

Cole made a lot of plays, but he tried to stretch out for a TD on a QB scramble and he fumbled it. They throw it on 3rd and 9 from their own 3 and the QB is under pressure and he throws a bad pass. Tony Watson picks it off and returns it all the way. 24-12. Burrell picks off a pass in which he was providing underneath help against the slant. He trunts it to their 35. After a few good runs and a pass on 3rd down, we catch the blitz perfectly with a WR screen that has Ronald untouched. 18 yard TD pass. 31-12. After forcing a punt, we march down the field in just 8 plays ending with a 4 yard TD run by Edwards. 38-12.

End of 3: Up 38-12.

We kick a short FG on our next drive to make it 41-12. Our next drive, Edwards fumbles and they recover and get a short field. They respond with a quick 25 yard TD pass. 41-19. We recover the onside kick. On 3rd and 6, Cole throws his first pick of the day as he tried to get it to Timbers, but the linebacker covering Timbers made a good break on the ball. Their QB throws a screen backwards and the HB doesn't catch it.. Burrell dives on it! A few plays later, Cole fumbles it and they return it to our 3. They easily punch it in and pass for the 2 point coversion. 41-27.

We recover the onside kick. Edwards fumbles on his 1st carry and they get it back. We get it back, and I try having Cole throw it on 3rd and 8, but he gets hit as he throws and it is a pick. Marshall Jones with his 2nd pick of the day as their backup QB is falling apart. A turnover plagued last quarter as Edwards fumbles again and on their first pass Overstreet picks it off and goes the distance for a TD. 48-27.

Game over. 48-27 win.

Corp: 8 of 16 for 115 yards with 4 INT's.

Cole: 18 of 25 for 210 yards with 1 TD 2 INT's.

Edwards: 25 carries for 66 yards and 2 TD's.

Hawthorne: 2 carries for 2 yards and a TD.

Corp: 1 carry for 9 yards.

Cole: 5 carries for 28 yards.

Ronald Johnson: 7 catches for 98 yards and a TD.

Franklin: 7 catches for 77 yards.

Edwards: 6 catches for 75 yards

Griffen: 10 tackles, 4 for a loss, 3 sacks.

Marshall Jones: 7 tackles, 2 passes defended, 2 interceptions.

Jimmy Lynch: 6 passes defended.

Bryson Beirne: 13 of 22 for 118 yards with a TD and an INT before being hurt.

Lester Dukes: 12 of 30 for 113 yards with 1 TD 5 INT's.

Joseph Reese: 18 carries for 102 yards.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-22-2007 at 12:32 PM.