Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-27-2016, 12:44 PM   #101
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
said they should be fired or anything of the sort.

But you do say that most weeks in whatever big sports game is on. You can cry wolf only so many times until it gets old and nobody takes you seriously.

My advice, for whatever it is worth, is to enjoy the games as they are and not worry about the things you cannot control. We are all broken and make mistakes every day in our lives, so be content with all of the entertainment choices we have today.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 02:43 PM   #102
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
But you do say that most weeks in whatever big sports game is on. You can cry wolf only so many times until it gets old and nobody takes you seriously.

My advice, for whatever it is worth, is to enjoy the games as they are and not worry about the things you cannot control. We are all broken and make mistakes every day in our lives, so be content with all of the entertainment choices we have today.

I enjoy the games for what they are. Everyone here gets on players when they are horrible and don't even think twice about it. I will get on the refs if I think they suck. There are gigantic hills of information about how poorly the Michigan QB played yesterday and what he did to cost Michigan the game. That's a 20 year old kid coming back from an injury.

If he can take it, so can the people who reffed the game and did a poor job at it. This idea that refs are just human so should be immune from criticism for poor performance is nuts. They sucked yesterday. I have every right to say that and doing so does not mean I'm equating them with criminals or insulting their families.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 03:10 PM   #103
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
I enjoy the games for what they are. Everyone here gets on players when they are horrible and don't even think twice about it. I will get on the refs if I think they suck. There are gigantic hills of information about how poorly the Michigan QB played yesterday and what he did to cost Michigan the game. That's a 20 year old kid coming back from an injury.

If he can take it, so can the people who reffed the game and did a poor job at it. This idea that refs are just human so should be immune from criticism for poor performance is nuts. They sucked yesterday. I have every right to say that and doing so does not mean I'm equating them with criminals or insulting their families.

Harbaugh's temper tantrum accounted for 25% of all penalty yards called on Michigan. Add in the obvious facemask and there's 50% of all penalty yards. I do agree that there could have been a PI called on Ohio State late in OT. Same thing happened when Ohio State played at Penn State earlier this year.

I know you just hate Ohio State and that is part of your motivation but Harbaugh should be angry with himself first. His behavior on the sideline was atrocious. He got away with a delay of game when delaying a goal line situation for 10-15 seconds by refusing to get back into position. Ohio State players were in a four point stance for that time waiting for him to get repositioned. Can't say I've ever seen that before. I've also never seen a forced TO enforced for a team for having a player with a mouthpiece in his facemask. In general, the refs let them play and just called the obvious penalties.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 03:22 PM   #104
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:

You do have every right to criticize the refs and I believe they missed some calls (mostly 2 PI calls). They also however missed a hands to the face call on Michigan and only called it on OSU (although the OSU hands to the face on the same play was a bit more blatant, the refs still missed the Michigan player).

The issue I take (and not solely with you) is when people act like because the refs missed a PI call, that in some miraculous way, that means said team was robbed of scoring when the reality is this...you dont know what would happen. Had a PI been called or not called, changes EVERYTHING else about the game, no matter what you think. The very next play could have been a pick six, game over, a fumble, a sack followed by another sack. Every play changes schemes and oucomes of the future play. You cannot rewrite you own history of what you THINK would have happened had your team got this or that call.

Refs do blow games at times. Ask Ok St. how they feel. Sometimes they also truly blow scoring plays or turnovers etc. But nothing yesterday was blown in that way. You think they called the game heavily in favor of OSU especially in the passing game. I don't. We both have that right, but we both dont know what would have happened had calls gone the other way.

I think it all evens out in the end. Harbaugh complaining the way he did on the field and off shows his maturity level. I do actually like him and think he is a fantastic coach, even though he is a Michigan man, but whining about something that is out of your control solves nothing. Its over. Tough shit. Deal with it.

Also, he needs his eyes checked and maybe get a new pair of glasses. It was a first down

And yes, I am on the OSU bandwagon. I have been for 41 years, so I have a firm seat on the wagon but I am in no way at all, preaching that they deserve to be in the playoffs. I am however, hoping and trying to figure out ways that they can sneak into the playoffs.

Go Bucks!
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 03:51 PM   #105
HerRealName
College Prospect

This video is not the best quality but the location along the 15 is the best I've seen. Sure looks like a first down to me.

HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 03:59 PM   #106
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think it's an either/or kind of situation. Synergy is more the word I would use. The main thing that cost Michigan the game was not officiating, it was turnovers. Didn't extend their lead when they had the chance. Etc. At the same time, I also think the officiating wasn't even. Being called for two penalties in a game that physical and intense is obviously silly. While it was close, it's pretty clear from the video that it wasn't a first down. Etc.

There's room between 'officiating decided the game'(no they didn't) and 'any criticism of the officials is sour grapes'(no it isn't). I definitely am in the middle of those two camps. Seems self-evident to me that there were objectively more missed penalties that should have been called on Ohio State than the other way around. But refs are human, and home field does have an impact no matter how objective one tries to be. As I mentioned yesterday, if it's a close enough game that the referees have a significant impact, that means neither team was able to demonstrate superiority. In that situation, fairly often you are going to lose.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 11-27-2016 at 04:00 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:16 PM   #107
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I don't think it's an either/or kind of situation. Synergy is more the word I would use. The main thing that cost Michigan the game was not officiating, it was turnovers. Didn't extend their lead when they had the chance. Etc. At the same time, I also think the officiating wasn't even. Being called for two penalties in a game that physical and intense is obviously silly. While it was close, it's pretty clear from the video that it wasn't a first down. Etc.

There's room between 'officiating decided the game'(no they didn't) and 'any criticism of the officials is sour grapes'(no it isn't). I definitely am in the middle of those two camps. Seems self-evident to me that there were objectively more missed penalties that should have been called on Ohio State than the other way around. But refs are human, and home field does have an impact no matter how objective one tries to be. As I mentioned yesterday, if it's a close enough game that the referees have a significant impact, that means neither team was able to demonstrate superiority. In that situation, fairly often you are going to lose.

hahahah. it was a first down. started on the 25, forward progress hit the 15. he went backwards after being hit. with all due respect, get your eyes checked.

i do agree though that officiating did not lose the game for Michigan. HerRealName though reminded me of antics/tactics that Harbaugh used on the goal line stand to delay the play, the stupid mouthpiece call (that is hardly ever called, but yesterday it was).

again, the issue with bitching about officiating in a game is that you can pick your calls that you think should go your way and i can then pick mine that should go my way. nothing in that game related to officating caused OSU to blantantly win and Im sorry, but l also dont see the game being called in favor of one team over another. Troy chose to complain about officiationg 10 minutes into the game and WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED had calls gone another way instead of turnovers and what actuall DID HAPPEN. i cant waste my damn time fantasizing about what could have and might have happened had a call gone my teams way instead of the other way.

Mickchicken lost. And we dont agree because you think 'definition' of OT implies something, but OSU, the better team, also won.
Old 11-27-2016, 04:30 PM   #108
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Rofl. Definition of OT doesn't 'imply' anything. It's a clear set of facts: after 60 minutes of play, the score is tied.
Old 11-27-2016, 04:39 PM   #109
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollmt View Post
You do have every right to criticize the refs and I believe they missed some calls (mostly 2 PI calls). They also however missed a hands to the face call on Michigan and only called it on OSU (although the OSU hands to the face on the same play was a bit more blatant, the refs still missed the Michigan player).

The issue I take (and not solely with you) is when people act like because the refs missed a PI call, that in some miraculous way, that means said team was robbed of scoring when the reality is this...you dont know what would happen. Had a PI been called or not called, changes EVERYTHING else about the game, no matter what you think. The very next play could have been a pick six, game over, a fumble, a sack followed by another sack. Every play changes schemes and oucomes of the future play. You cannot rewrite you own history of what you THINK would have happened had your team got this or that call.

Refs do blow games at times. Ask Ok St. how they feel. Sometimes they also truly blow scoring plays or turnovers etc. But nothing yesterday was blown in that way. You think they called the game heavily in favor of OSU especially in the passing game. I don't. We both have that right, but we both dont know what would have happened had calls gone the other way.

I think it all evens out in the end. Harbaugh complaining the way he did on the field and off shows his maturity level. I do actually like him and think he is a fantastic coach, even though he is a Michigan man, but whining about something that is out of your control solves nothing. Its over. Tough shit. Deal with it.

Also, he needs his eyes checked and maybe get a new pair of glasses. It was a first down

And yes, I am on the OSU bandwagon. I have been for 41 years, so I have a firm seat on the wagon but I am in no way at all, preaching that they deserve to be in the playoffs. I am however, hoping and trying to figure out ways that they can sneak into the playoffs.

Go Bucks!

I went to OK State. I know exactly how I feel about that. In fact, I've ripped those refs far harder than these.

You have an intense, physical game where Ohio State had one penalty called on them in the entire game and had the benefit of MULTIPLE PI penalties either not called or that were garbage when called. And not in insignificant areas of the field. I'm NOT a Michigan fan or an Ohio State hater. This isn't me as a raving lunatic with big M's all over my house and flags on my car.

I felt the reffing had a clear impact on that game yesterday. Michigan fans here say it didn't. Ohio State fans say it didn't. I disagree.

I'm not bothered by anything other than the post saying that I was attacking the poor little refs and their families because I believe they were terrible at their jobs during the game yesterday. They sucked ass yesterday. If someone disagrees with me, I can live with that.
Old 11-27-2016, 04:52 PM   #110
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
While it was close, it's pretty clear from the video that it wasn't a first down. Etc.

The video above your post shows it was clearly a first down.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:59 PM   #111
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Rofl. Definition of OT doesn't 'imply' anything. It's a clear set of facts: after 60 minutes of play, the score is tied.

I'm lolling at your definition of OT that you made up "By definition, OT wins are not convincing". I have never seen that definition of OT until you made it up. You know/knew exactly what I meant by my comment and stop acting otherwise. I know what OT means/implies and that the score is/was tied.

You implied by that the game going to OT it meant that the better team did not win. I disagree. That's the end of that.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:04 PM   #112
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
I went to OK State. I know exactly how I feel about that. In fact, I've ripped those refs far harder than these.

You have an intense, physical game where Ohio State had one penalty called on them in the entire game and had the benefit of MULTIPLE PI penalties either not called or that were garbage when called. And not in insignificant areas of the field. I'm NOT a Michigan fan or an Ohio State hater. This isn't me as a raving lunatic with big M's all over my house and flags on my car.

I felt the reffing had a clear impact on that game yesterday. Michigan fans here say it didn't. Ohio State fans say it didn't. I disagree.

I'm not bothered by anything other than the post saying that I was attacking the poor little refs and their families because I believe they were terrible at their jobs during the game yesterday. They sucked ass yesterday. If someone disagrees with me, I can live with that.

I know Troy and I understand your stance and defense of the attacking comments. I didn't feel you were doing that nor did I accuse you of it. Again, you have every right to complain about officiating. I do it too. PI calls though are so damn tough to call correctly and half the time the refs are flippant about what they see or don't see. But like I have said already, you can pick calls that might have benefitted you and I can pick calls that might have benefitted me but in the end, we do not know what could/would have happened afterward and it is hard to justify arguing/debating it and instead should focus on what actually did happen.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:06 PM   #113
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollmt
You know/knew exactly what I meant by my comment and stop acting otherwise

So now you're a mind-reader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollmt
You implied by that the game going to OT it meant that the better team did not win.

I did no such thing. I'm through discussing these things with you here -- I never hang around once a conversation has regressed into the presumption of motives stage.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:11 PM   #114
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Emotions run high in these things, but I'll just say I think it's silly to say the 'best team won' in a game that goes to double OT. By definition, a game that goes to overtime is close enough that neither side can clearly say they were the best.

Ohio State made the most plays when they needed to. That's what matters. They deserved to win the game, but it's important not to go overboard with it. As for Michigan, an OT loss on the road beats the heck out of a 4 TD loss at home(last year). They're on the right path. Most important thing is they've made The Game matter again.

Nope, not a mind reader Brian. Just have to read your posts. You said it right here and implied it. You made up a definition of what OT means and implied something.

I give 2 shits if you leave the thread. You said the comments and now you act like you didn't say/imply it. Whatever.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:16 PM   #115
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie
The video above your post shows it was clearly a first down.

I hadn't seen that angle before., I definitely stand corrected on that play.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:47 PM   #116
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I am not sure I see that he implied that because the game goes to overtime that the winner is not the better team....in this particular game I think the better team lost.

I would venture to guess the 'better' teams usually win OT games though...
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 06:55 PM   #117
hollmt
High School Varsity

Yeah, I disagree (and it is cool that you disagree with me ) as I think his first sentence clearly implies that no team is better than the other in OT games and in his made up definition of what OT means.

Brian has made it a point to ride my nuts on most comments I make since a month ago and that is all good and well and now when he got called out on a comment he made and cant backtrack out of, he wants to leave the thread and/or block me.

Gotta also understand just a bit where I come from on this. It is clear as day, that I am an OSU fan and of course I will say they were the better team and of course I will say it after they win. It would be very, very difficult for me to say/admit Michigan was better yesterday and even more difficult for me to say that when they lost the game. Know what I mean? So a lot of what I say in regards to Michigan is really poking fun and stirring the pot.

Last edited by hollmt : 11-27-2016 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:49 PM   #118
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollmt View Post
Yeah, I disagree (and it is cool that you disagree with me ) as I think his first sentence clearly implies that no team is better than the other in OT games and in his made up definition of what OT means.

Brian has made it a point to ride my nuts on most comments I make since a month ago and that is all good and well and now when he got called out on a comment he made and cant backtrack out of, he wants to leave the thread and/or block me.

Gotta also understand just a bit where I come from on this. It is clear as day, that I am an OSU fan and of course I will say they were the better team and of course I will say it after they win. It would be very, very difficult for me to say/admit Michigan was better yesterday and even more difficult for me to say that when they lost the game. Know what I mean? So a lot of what I say in regards to Michigan is really poking fun and stirring the pot.

I see, to me OT does not mean teams were of equal caliber. If each team played well and it went to OT is one thing, Michigan had that game won and let it get away from them. Thus, me believe UM was the better team but lost.

Wisconsin/Ohio St from earlier in the season, both teams played pretty well and Ohio St tied it up in the 4th quarter and won. It was a game in which both teams could have been called the better team. Wisconsin's QB situation prevented them from becoming a national champion caliber team this year. I have diverted from the original point.. oh well, I'm off to bed.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:37 PM   #119
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Spent most of the week talking up Wyoming only to have them lay an egg in New Mexico. Luckily, SDSU did the same and Boise lost too. Will be interesting to see how things go down next week in Laramie. Expect that Bohl will have them ready to play, especially at home and with a mostly packed War Memorial on hand.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:48 PM   #120
cuervo72
Head Coach

I think the NCAA should do away with OT and tally ties again.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:47 AM   #121
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

Not sure if you are joking or not, but I would love that. I hate the way the OT is played. Either go to a full blown OT and play another quarter, or just tally the tie.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:53 AM   #122
cuervo72
Head Coach

I'm actually not. I have no issue with ties (thought the hand-wringing over TWO ties this year in the NFL was dumb too -- and don't get me started on the whole non-loss loss crap in the NHL).
Old 11-28-2016, 09:18 AM   #123
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

Thirded.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:34 AM   #124
TroyF
Coordinator

And I'll be the person who says, no way in hell. There should be zero ties in football. I want to see a winner. If EVERY game in college football is a playoff, then every game needs to be decided like one.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:08 AM   #125
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I agree with that, but I do detest the modern overtime rules. Starting at the 25 takes away big parts of the game.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:14 AM   #126
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
I'm actually not. I have no issue with ties (thought the hand-wringing over TWO ties this year in the NFL was dumb too -- and don't get me started on the whole non-loss loss crap in the NHL).

Yep, the NHL "loser point" is the worst one of all.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:15 AM   #127
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
This video is not the best quality but the location along the 15 is the best I've seen. Sure looks like a first down to me.

Is that a rotated and cropped version of the original TV angle? It looks funky. If so, than it's not a valid view. The rotation takes out the parallax (is that the word I want?) -- the fact that you're viewing it from an angle. Rotating distorts the perspective.

As an OSU alum, I think he barely got there. You can see on another viewing angle that J.T. brings the ball up and the ball rides up the TE's back until it's at the hem of his red jersey. If you look for that point in the normal TV view and then track down to the front of the white line, it's very close but I think it's there. Regardless, too close to overturn and really too close to dispute the ref's call from a few yards away.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:18 AM   #128
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Yep, the NHL "loser point" is the worst one of all.

I don't think there is any question on that one. Of all the OT's, that's the worst.

I like the college football one. The NFL one sucks (because it allows a tie) Obviously, basketball and baseball don't have the same issues as the other two sports in this regard. Soccer simply won't. A tie is a big part of the sport. I still don't like it, but it's at least understandable there.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:16 AM   #129
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't think there is any question on that one. Of all the OT's, that's the worst.

I like the college football one. The NFL one sucks (because it allows a tie) Obviously, basketball and baseball don't have the same issues as the other two sports in this regard. Soccer simply won't. A tie is a big part of the sport. I still don't like it, but it's at least understandable there.

Not that Id like a lot of ties but it easily could be a big part of American Football as well. It is accepted in soccer because it traditionally has been accepted.

I was curious as to an earlier statement you made. Why do you think the Raiders are so much better right now than the Chiefs or Broncos? I would never trust a team with as poor of a defense as Oakland in the playoffs. One windy, cold, or snowy day and that offensive advantage is gone and you are relying on a subpar defense to win a playoff game.

EDIT Dont reply to the Raiders comment in this thread, I didnt realize it was the college thread. Sorry

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-28-2016 at 11:53 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 11:56 AM   #130
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Is that a rotated and cropped version of the original TV angle? It looks funky. If so, than it's not a valid view. The rotation takes out the parallax (is that the word I want?) -- the fact that you're viewing it from an angle. Rotating distorts the perspective.

As an OSU alum, I think he barely got there. You can see on another viewing angle that J.T. brings the ball up and the ball rides up the TE's back until it's at the hem of his red jersey. If you look for that point in the normal TV view and then track down to the front of the white line, it's very close but I think it's there. Regardless, too close to overturn and really too close to dispute the ref's call from a few yards away.

I kind of find the ball marking funny at times anyway. Have two guys run in from each side about 6 inches to a foot off the mark proceed to either mark it with the right or left foot depending on which official ends up with the ball and follow that by bringing out a chain set at EXACTLY 10 yards. Lets make the illusion of how accurate this ball marking in with this chain but lets forget about the inaccuracy of the process to get to that point.

At this point in technology in Tennis they have radars being able to read in/out and they have the TV markings across the screen on major football TV game. You would think at some point soon they would just eliminate the 10 yard chain and use modern day technology so save time.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-28-2016 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:06 PM   #131
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post

The problem I have with this video is A. Where did a knee/elbow actually hit so we could tell where the ball is? B. It looked like he certainly HAD the first down but did he lose it when he flipped C. Was forward progress stopped/did the ref blow the whistle?

It certainly looked like he had the first down before he spun around and landed behind the first down mark. At that point the refs would have needed to decide if forward progress was stopped or if they were going to mark him down by contact. If its the latter there is certainly some debate on whether he actually got the 1st down.

If this was the endzone that is a TD because the play stops as soon as you score. I have no idea how the refs are suppose to mark it when a player is airborn and being spun back behind the 1st down mark. Plus he might have even bobbled the ball before he hit the ground if that changes anything.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-28-2016 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:53 PM   #132
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
It certainly looked like he had the first down before he spun around and landed behind the first down mark. At that point the refs would have needed to decide if forward progress was stopped or if they were going to mark him down by contact. If its the latter there is certainly some debate on whether he actually got the 1st down.

If this was the endzone that is a TD because the play stops as soon as you score. I have no idea how the refs are suppose to mark it when a player is airborn and being spun back behind the 1st down mark. Plus he might have even bobbled the ball before he hit the ground if that changes anything.

He didnt spin around of his own doing or attempt to gain extra yardage, forward progress is the farthest spot he reached. Regardless of whistle.

Bobble only matters if it was determined he lost possession and then regained it.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 01:05 PM   #133
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Bobble only matters if it was determined he lost possession and then regained it.

Hey...

#BobbleLivesMatter
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 01:49 PM   #134
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

ha.
Well played.
I wish I could like posts on this forum.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 06:30 PM   #135
Atocep
Coordinator

I have no idea what the hell the committee is doing at this point. I'm ok with the top 4 and I know that's all that really counts, but the rest of their rankings make zero sense.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:54 PM   #136
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I have no idea what the hell the committee is doing at this point. I'm ok with the top 4 and I know that's all that really counts, but the rest of their rankings make zero sense.

What would you change about the current rankings? From my perspective the only team with room to complain is Western Michigan. Since Michigan beat the 3 teams directly behind them it seems fair to me. Penn St/Wisky will work itself out. I suppose you could argue that the Big 12 is being undervalued and bump Oklahoma/W Virginia a couple of spots but IMO it seems about where Id put them.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-29-2016 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:39 PM   #137
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
From my perspective the only team with room to complain is Western Michigan.
Do they? Sagarin has them 22nd and F/+ has them 18th.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:47 PM   #138
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Forced me to look at my own vs the committee

Top 6, same order.
we differ 7/8/9 ... they have PSU/COL/OKL, I have COL/OKL/PSU
10 is the same

Now if you keep going down, then the differences are more plentiful but that's pretty close with me in the first ten spots.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:02 PM   #139
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan

I'd say those are roughly accurate to. Maybe 12th-15th. On the other hand, you can only beat the teams in front of you. They've done that. I think they have a good offense and an average defense. There is something about being undefeated though that presents an argument for the idea that they've earned a right to have a chance, however small it might be, on the field.

I wouldn't put them in, but I definitely understand the argument in favor of doing so. .
Old 11-29-2016, 11:17 PM   #140
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post

Quote:
I'd say those are roughly accurate to. Maybe 12th-15th. On the other hand, you can only beat the teams in front of you. They've done that. I think they have a good offense and an average defense. There is something about being undefeated though that presents an argument for the idea that they've earned a right to have a chance, however small it might be, on the field.

I wouldn't put them in, but I definitely understand the argument in favor of doing so. .

For the reason bolded only! I think they are ranked accordingly.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:12 AM   #141
Suicane75
Coordinator

What's the point on even playing if you can go undefeated and still not get a chance? If that's the case then any, conference that isn't a power 5 should just fucking close up shop or say fuck off to the NCAA and just go their own way.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:16 AM   #142
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

The first bowl game has been announced and it features two names mentioned here as coaches who could move on to bigger jobs in the near future. Eastern Michigan vs Old Dominion in the Popeyes Bahamas Bowl. Not a bad deal to get out of Ypsilanti and spend some time in Nassau. The video of the EMU kids getting the news is pretty great.

Last edited by CrescentMoonie : 11-30-2016 at 12:19 AM.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:55 AM   #143
Suicane75
Coordinator

That should be a very fun game.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:12 AM   #144
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
What's the point on even playing if you can go undefeated and still not get a chance? If that's the case then any, conference that isn't a power 5 should just fucking close up shop or say fuck off to the NCAA and just go their own way.

Damned few people would notice.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:43 AM   #145
cuervo72
Head Coach

As much as I like an underdog story...I think I gotta agree with that. When I'm looking for things to watch and I come across those MAC games with Ohio, Akron, WMU, EMU, CMU, Ball State, Toledo, I just think "you know, I really DGAF" and keep looking. They might as well be FCS to me.

(Granted, I saw that the Flyers were on last night and passed it by and put on whatever the latest Holmes show is -- Holmes Does House Hunters, essentially. And I'd seen half of them already. Sorry, NHL.)
Old 11-30-2016, 07:44 AM   #146
cuervo72
Head Coach

Dola - I still hate calling it "FCS" but figure 1-AA would get too many funny looks at this point.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:55 AM   #147
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dola - I still hate calling it "FCS" but figure 1-AA would get too many funny looks at this point.

I still roll that way. Probably always will.
(I mean, at this point, "always" ain't really probably all THAT long for me)
Old 11-30-2016, 10:25 AM   #148
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Navy Midshipmen win in AAC title game would 'paralyze' bowl system
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:37 AM   #149
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Go Navy! Beat Temple!
Old 11-30-2016, 10:45 AM   #150
Butter
Coordinator

I was thinking that the actual disaster is Western Michigan losing to Ohio, as they are the likely group of 5 representative. If they lose and Navy loses, look out.