Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #101
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Jabrill Peppers: I'm bringing Da'Shawn Hand, Leonard Fournette to Michigan | MLive.com

Saying and doing are two different things, but it will be interesting to see how everything falls out.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #102
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Heard about this late last night via social media, figured I'd wait until there was something a little more "official". Congrats to Athens(GA) Academy's Michael Santamaria, committed to Va Tech on Friday. Based on his interactions with my son, I'll say that he's a pretty good kid.

http://onlineathens.com/breaking-new...s-virgina-tech
Old 07-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #103
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Heard about this late last night via social media, figured I'd wait until there was something a little more "official". Congrats to Athens(GA) Academy's Michael Santamaria, committed to Va Tech on Friday. Based on his interactions with my son, I'll say that he's a pretty good kid.

http://onlineathens.com/breaking-new...s-virgina-tech

For what its worth, I agree wit your assesment completely...glad for Michael...the neutered turkeys got a good one
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #104
MrBug708
Head Coach

UCLA lands a verbal from Austin Roberts of Indiana. Scout has him as the 29th ranked WR, though Rivals and ESPN like him more than that. His dad is Alfredo Roberts, the TE coach of the Colts. He picked UCLA over offers from Florida, Alabama, Ohio State, and Miami.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #105
MrBug708
Head Coach

Jermaine Eluemunor ‏@TheMainShow_ 1m
After thinking it over I have decided to decommit from UCLA, My top 2 is Arkansas and Ohio State. UCLA has been eliminated for good

Quote:
"I just found out that UCLA wasn't as loyal as I thought they were," Eluemunor said on Wednesday. "It's a whole big controversy thing. I don't even really want to get into it."

This cracks me up. He verbals to UCLA and then spends every minute afterwards talking to other schools. UCLA tells him that he's either committed or UCLA is dropping him. He accuses UCLA of being disloyal...haha

Oh recruiting in the summer time!
Old 07-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #106
DeToxRox
Head Coach

A year early, but 2015 5* WR George Campbell out of Florida committed to Michigan today. I'd say it's 50/50 he signs here still based on the fact he is a highly ranked kid from the South, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #107
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

One of his teammates is another commitment, so there might be more than the standard hope that he sticks.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #108
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
A year early, but 2015 5* WR George Campbell out of Florida committed to Michigan today. I'd say it's 50/50 he signs here still based on the fact he is a highly ranked kid from the South, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Kinda shocked by this, tbh.
I thought this was a Florida/Clemson battle based on all my reports, but talking to a close friend of GC's its pretty solid. For now.

Last edited by CU Tiger : 07-29-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #109
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Michigan picks up Damien Harris for 2015. #3-#4 RB.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #110
Logan
Head Coach

Looks like Rutgers got some luck that will likely lead to 4* WR Saeed Blacknall committing. He had LSU as his leader, but they're starting to get full at WR and have a couple in-state stud WRs that they prefer. Meanwhile, Blacknall didn't like his second Alabama visit as much as his first so is now reconsidering leaving the state. I'll take it.

Last edited by Logan : 08-05-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #111
General Mike
Pro Starter

Rutgers got a commit from 4* WR Saeed Blacknall today. Big get for Rutgers as most experts expected him to go away to play. Good job by Kyle Flood and staff.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #112
BYU 14
Coordinator

BYU gets 4 star JUCO receiver Nick Kurtz from Grossmont JC. Came down to us and Oregon, we usually don't win those battles, a big get for sure!! He will step in nicely for Cody Hoffman next season.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 08-11-2013 at 02:59 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #113
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
BYU gets 4 star JUCO receiver Nick Kurtz from Grossmont JC. Came down to us and Oregon, we usually don't win those battles, a big get for sure!! He will step in nicely for Cody Hoffman next season.

Woot!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #114
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Old 08-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #115
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Just saw the visitor list for tomorrows Clemson UGA game....I am not sure I have ever witnessed 7 5 star recruits at one game.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #116
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Stanford picks up 4-star DE Nifae Lealao. I know nothing other than Scout had him ranked #58.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #117
Logan
Head Coach

Hand picks Alabama.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #118
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Huge loss for Michigan. I have to wonder how this season is going for Michigan didn't impact him. 'Bama lacks a DE who can pass rush so this is a nice fill in for them. Read Michigan's guy for recruiting. Hand said if he picked Civil Engineering he was going 'Bama so it was education based on the end.

Last edited by Matthean : 11-14-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #119
MrBug708
Head Coach

USC has picked up a lot of guys, what happened to all the updates
Old 11-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #120
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
USC has picked up a lot of guys, what happened to all the updates

I think there will be a lot of changes once the new coach is announced.. so no point yet in my opinion.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #121
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Huge loss for Michigan. I have to wonder how this season is going for Michigan didn't impact him. 'Bama lacks a DE who can pass rush so this is a nice fill in for them. Read Michigan's guy for recruiting. Hand said if he picked Civil Engineering he was going 'Bama so it was education based on the end.

He flat out said he wanted to contend for championships. Before this season, Michigan was headed in that direction. Seeing the lines pushed around like they were against State in particular, he had to start doubting whether he could take that step here.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:28 PM   #122
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
He flat out said he wanted to contend for championships. Before this season, Michigan was headed in that direction. Seeing the lines pushed around like they were against State in particular, he had to start doubting whether he could take that step here.

I did see his quote about championships. Michigan at best is two years away from competing for the Big Ten title. He also mentioned the Civil Engineering aspect as well. It will be interesting to see how many recruits start moving away from Michigan if they continue on this pathway. Hoke can only sell it for so long.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:47 AM   #123
MrBug708
Head Coach

Viane Talamaivao has flipped from Bama to USC and Damien Mama probably isn't far behind.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #124
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Viane Talamaivao has flipped from Bama to USC and Damien Mama probably isn't far behind.

Hopefully, the new coach can keep all of these guys. I think he will but time will tell.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #125
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

EF27, are you on the Coach O bandwagon and want him made the permanent head coach? I am of the opinion that Coach O is fool's gold, and USC would be silly to hire him, but the clamoring for his hire from many of your fellow SC honks is getting loud.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #126
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
EF27, are you on the Coach O bandwagon and want him made the permanent head coach? I am of the opinion that Coach O is fool's gold, and USC would be silly to hire him, but the clamoring for his hire from many of your fellow SC honks is getting loud.

I would much rather have Sumlin or Petersen who are both "genuinely interested."
Old 11-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #127
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I would much rather have Sumlin or Petersen who are both "genuinely interested."
Sumlin I can buy. Petersen? Dream on. That guy is already growing uncomfortable with the attention he's getting in Boise, and you think he'd take one of the most high profile jobs in football in the media capitol of the world?

Read this and tell me you think he'd be interested in the USC spotlight:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...roncos-success

Quote:
Petersen: Wuh. I mean this is painful for me.

Q: Sorry.

Petersen: No, I don't mean this. I just mean this Media Day.

Q: And this one is small and relaxed.

Petersen: And for some of those guys at certain schools, it's 'Media Day' every week. That's just college football. Even at Boise State, it's completely different now than it was a few years ago. It's relative.

Q: Ten years from now what are the chances that you're still coaching?

Petersen: Oh my gosh. Ten years from now? I don't see that.

Q: What do you want to do after coaching?

Petersen: See, that's my problem. I'm one of those guys that needs to do something.

Maybe teach. I don't know. I don't think I'd have any problem being a position coach. Somewhere.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #128
bhlloy
Coordinator

My biggest concern with Sumlin is how long it takes him to build his system. He doesn't have a QB on the roster, and we have the top ranked pocket passer from last years recruiting class who probably transfers. Not sure any of the RB really fit that style. Might want more athletic offensive line. Sounds like a lot of the boosters had the same concern, but he might be #1 on the list anyway
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #129
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Sumlin isn't going anywhere (another college anyways), so go ahead and cross him off your list.
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #130
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
My biggest concern with Sumlin is how long it takes him to build his system. He doesn't have a QB on the roster, and we have the top ranked pocket passer from last years recruiting class who probably transfers. Not sure any of the RB really fit that style. Might want more athletic offensive line. Sounds like a lot of the boosters had the same concern, but he might be #1 on the list anyway
People are reading way too much into the "mobile QB" thing with Sumlin. He adapted to the talent he has in Manziel. Case Keenum wasn't a running QB, and Sumlin did pretty well with him don't you think?
Old 11-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #131
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Hearing rumors about Washington's class falling apart and Sark getting fired soon. If that happens, could be really interesting domino effects.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #132
MrBug708
Head Coach

Everyone is leaving Sark's class it seems. Rough times in Seattle. Obviously Mora would be target #1, but I couldn't see him leaving right now.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #133
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Everyone is leaving Sark's class it seems. Rough times in Seattle. Obviously Mora would be target #1, but I couldn't see him leaving right now.
Much ado about nothing. Erik Brown decommitted, but that's not a big surprise nor is the staff terribly upset about it.

Rahshead Johnson briefly decommitted over concerns about playing time, but recommitted an hour later after talking to the coaching staff and getting reassured about the situation.

And the 2015 class is already picking up some steam - in the past few days Sark has gotten commitments from high 4-star DT Jacob Daniel out of Fresno and 4-star RB Austin Joyner from nearby Marysville. Word is there will likely be more local kids committing soon for the 2015 class.

There is a small but vocal contingent of Husky fans that want Sark's hide, but unless they lose the next two games and fail to make a bowl, I just don't see him getting fired.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #134
MrBug708
Head Coach

Im curious to see if Jacob sticks over the course of the next year and a half.

Is UCLA going to land that DT out of Bellevue? Seems like Mora is going all in on Baker

Last edited by MrBug708 : 11-20-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #135
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
It's great, isn't it? Every time he wins a game he's just increasing the unrealistic expectations for the coach that comes in.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #136
MrBug708
Head Coach

USC really just needs to give him the one year deal til they can identify which coach they can realistically get.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #137
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Im curious to see if Jacob sticks over the course of the next year and a half.
He could certainly flip - there's a loooooong way to go - but what encourages me is this isn't some kid committing to his first BCS school offer that hasn't even visited the school in question; he camped at the UW this past summer, and he has plenty of big-time offers already. Will it stick? Maybe not. But I'm not seeing the same level of warning signs I've seen with other early out of state commits.

Quote:
Is UCLA going to land that DT out of Bellevue? Seems like Mora is going all in on Baker
Who, Griffin? He's all yours if you want him. Local H.S. coaches (plural) have said about him "There's a lot of quit in that kid". There's a reason the UW hasn't really pursued him.

I'm sure UCLA has a shot at Baker, but I still think it will come down to Oregon & UW. And in the end it will come down to how much he wants to play for a team that he's seen consistently win big vs. how much does he not want to inconvenience his mother who's battling major health issues by making her move (she's said she'll move to wherever he ends up), i.e. stay home and play at the UW.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #138
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
USC really just needs to give him the one year deal til they can identify which coach they can realistically get.

He would be hamstrung in recruiting if that happened. USC is going to get one of the few guys above him on the list, or if they all turn down HUGE money, then Coach O will get a modest priced deal for a few years.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #139
MrBug708
Head Coach

I don't think it will, no more than this year IMO
Old 11-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #140
Logan
Head Coach

5-star Michigan commit Jabrill Peppers plans to visit other schools - SBNation.com
Old 11-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #141
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

People will only buy into the hype machine for so long. I think Hoke is going to find next year much more difficult to recruit.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:46 PM   #142
MrBug708
Head Coach

I doubt UCLA is a major player for him, but he's good friends with Devin Fuller
Old 12-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #143
Izulde
Head Coach

UNLV picks up juco QB Blake Decker, who apparently was one of the most prolific quarterbacks at that level this season.

Going to be interesting to see him battling it out with Sherry for the starting job next year.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #144
MrBug708
Head Coach

Ainuu Taua, the #10th ranked DE, has verballed to UCLA.

Jabril Peppers wanted to take a visit to UCLA, but Michigan applied the pressure to convince him to not take the visit.

UCLA is also feeling great about Budda Baker

Last edited by MrBug708 : 12-08-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #145
MrBug708
Head Coach

Jaleen Wadood verbals to UCLA
Old 12-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #146
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC gets their first 2 official commitments as 4 star OL Toa Lobendahn and 4 star OL Jordan Poland have signed their financial paperwork to enroll early at USC.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:12 AM   #147
MrBug708
Head Coach

I thought they were already commitments? They can still go anywhere until they attend their first day of class
Old 12-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #148
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
USC gets their first 2 official commitments as 4 star OL Toa Lobendahn and 4 star OL Jordan Poland have signed their financial paperwork to enroll early at USC.
Financial aid papers aren't official commits.
It does however allow a staff unlimited contact and association with a recruit, but there is no restriction on the number of the schools a prospect can sign financial aid papers with.

For example Josh Malone who recently verbally committed tonTennesse has signed FAA papers with 5 schools.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #149
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Financial aid papers aren't official commits.
It does however allow a staff unlimited contact and association with a recruit, but there is no restriction on the number of the schools a prospect can sign financial aid papers with.

For example Josh Malone who recently verbally committed tonTennesse has signed FAA papers with 5 schools.

Thanks for the clarification. Forgot all of the rules for them.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #150
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Kinda shocked by this, tbh.
I thought this was a Florida/Clemson battle based on all my reports, but talking to a close friend of GC's its pretty solid. For now.

And now back to reality...

George Campbell decommits from Michigan and says he has no favorites.

FWIW...Clemson had Swinney and WR/RC Jeff Scott by East Lake earlier this month for their playoff loss, and it seems GC spent some time talking with both coaches after the game.

I'm hearing this is a Clemson/UF battle with Michigan having a long shot. Michingan has clearly caught the young mans attention but he has influences pulling him to stay in FL.