Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-14-2003, 02:02 PM   #101
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Originally posted by rexallllsc
It's cool that they have the Nike logos on the Nike teams...

Are you English or retarded?

When did we come full circle on this.... sheesh.
Old 07-14-2003, 02:06 PM   #102
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by B & B
Are you English or retarded?

When did we come full circle on this.... sheesh.

Huh? That's a new addition to the game (the Nike logos & cleats) that adds tot he realism...what's your problem? Trying a bit too hard to get in the "QUOTE OF THE MOMENT" are we?

Last edited by rexallllsc : 07-14-2003 at 02:07 PM.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:27 PM   #103
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by Balldog
You never get a confirmation from EA until after you receive the game, I never have anyways. Its very frustrating. More than likely your cancel request will be denied because the game already shipped, sometimes the people you call at EA have no clue for some reason.

Anger... BUILDING.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:30 PM   #104
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I want this game so badly. I feel like physically dependant on it. It's like a drug. Not fair, I'm always the one that gets addicted.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:30 PM   #105
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Im just gonna stop looking at the screens. It can't be that hard. i can do this.......Oh what the hell /opens up operation sports
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:32 PM   #106
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I just preorder my games form stores, it's a lot less hassle, and Gamestop is always early with them.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:43 PM   #107
sabotai
General Manager

I usually don't bother with preorders, and the case here is no different. I'm just gonna go to the mall later tonight and stop by EB and Gamestop just to see if they have it out. If not, I'll ask a worker there. Couldn't hurt to try.

If not, well no big deal. I WANT the game, but I think I can make it through just one more day of my life without it.

Last edited by sabotai : 07-14-2003 at 02:44 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:47 PM   #108
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Originally posted by rexallllsc
Huh? That's a new addition to the game (the Nike logos & cleats) that adds tot he realism...what's your problem? Trying a bit too hard to get in the "QUOTE OF THE MOMENT" are we?

First off, Ive been adament about disabling or getting rid completely of QOTM but thats not the point.

My 'location' has been the same for over a year now, if you have yet to notice that take a look
<-----------------OVER THERE

I remember a time in sports with no advertising along the baseboards of a hockey rink. A time when players in the South longed to have a gridiron game in the Sugar Bowl which has absolutely NOTHING to do with CELLULAR PHONES. In fact, there were no such thing as a cellular phone.

Players actually played for the love of the game, not the money. Dont be mistaken this is a time which we will never see again ( or you have ever seen most likely). I know this.

After decades the Rose Bowl has fallen victim to the epidemic of sponsorship and recently a professional football team is affiliated with a friggin bank.

And now we are getting excited because we are able to be spoonfed MORE advertising - in an upcoming console game - with little swooshes on pixelated sneakers?!?!?!

*shudders*
Old 07-14-2003, 02:50 PM   #109
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

B&B had a nice even 10900th post!

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 03:02 PM   #110
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Already posted... nevermind. Anyone get the game yet?

Last edited by BillyMadison : 07-14-2003 at 03:03 PM.
BillyMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:04 PM   #111
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by B & B

I remember a time in sports with no advertising along the baseboards of a hockey rink. A time when players in the South longed to have a gridiron game in the Sugar Bowl which has absolutely NOTHING to do with CELLULAR PHONES. In fact, there were no such thing as a cellular phone.

Players actually played for the love of the game, not the money. Dont be mistaken this is a time which we will never see again ( or you have ever seen most likely). I know this.

After decades the Rose Bowl has fallen victim to the epidemic of sponsorship and recently a professional football team is affiliated with a friggin bank.

And now we are getting excited because we are able to be spoonfed MORE advertising - in an upcoming console game - with little swooshes on pixelated sneakers?!?!?!

*shudders*

Yeh well...There used to be a time when players had day jobs as well. Times change...doesn't mean you have to like it, but having that in the game is a cool little addition.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:07 PM   #112
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Well my order is fucking backordered through gamespot. Fucking beautiful.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:09 PM   #113
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I got the call

Come 8 PM I will have my grubby hands on NCAA 2004 jubliance~!~
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:16 PM   #114
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I'm so pissed right now, I just called all the local shops and they said I'm pretty much screwed if I didn't preorder the game. The one guy laughed when I said I didn't have it preordered then said "good luck". So I emailed Gamestop.

"Backordered? How the hell do I preorder a game then have it backordered? Great now some how I have to find the game in a store which will be impossible unless I have it preordered which I don't because I preordered from you guys.

I'm sorry but this is pathetic. My business will go elsewhere from now on."
Old 07-14-2003, 04:19 PM   #115
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I'm sorry guys. I must have cursed it. I'm so agrevated I can't see straight. I'm paying 10 dollars extra for the priveledge of not getting a game until after everyone else.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:22 PM   #116
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by GrantDawg
I'm sorry guys. I must have cursed it. I'm so agrevated I can't see straight. I'm paying 10 dollars extra for the priveledge of not getting a game until after everyone else.

This I can understand being upset about(paying the extra money), the rest is just whining, geez guys, play something else for a few days, you'll get it soon enough.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:26 PM   #117
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I'm just pissed cause I have no clue when the hell I'll get the game, I thought I was in good shape preordering but I guess not.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:27 PM   #118
mrsimperless
College Prospect

I can empathize with GrantDawg completely. It is hard to wait even longer on something that you have been eagerly anticipating, especially when you can see or hear from others who are able to enjoy it. However, I lack patience.

On second thought, maybe this will be a good thing GD. Think of it as a character builder.

Last edited by mrsimperless : 07-14-2003 at 04:27 PM.
mrsimperless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:27 PM   #119
sabotai
General Manager

"This I can understand being upset about(paying the extra money), the rest is just whining, geez guys, play something else for a few days, you'll get it soon enough."

I wouldn't call what Balldog said whining. He preordered it and somehow it got backordered. I'd be pretty pissed about that too.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:30 PM   #120
rexallllsc
Banned

I preordered through EBgames.com on Friday w/ overnight shipping...i got my tracking # today...

Usually I go to the stores to get it, but last year was such a cluster*** with this release, so I decided to do this.

EA always manages to F up this release somehow (wrong dates, etc.)
Old 07-14-2003, 04:34 PM   #121
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by sabotai
"This I can understand being upset about(paying the extra money), the rest is just whining, geez guys, play something else for a few days, you'll get it soon enough."

I wouldn't call what Balldog said whining. He preordered it and somehow it got backordered. I'd be pretty pissed about that too.

Was he guaranteed to get it right away by doing that? If so, I'm sure he is going to get some kind of credit. If not, that's how it works, nothing is perfect.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:35 PM   #122
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I just checked EBworld.com. My order has shipped via FedEx. I reckon it should be at the homestead tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. Granted, I wont be there until Sunday, but it will be nice to have it there waiting for me.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:36 PM   #123
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Yeesh, I'm afraid to call my local Gamespot right now to find out if they'll recieve it today. I preordered it last night from them.

Living in the midwest can be a pain in the ass sometimes.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:41 PM   #124
atatange1
High School JV

I just checked my e-mail. My copy from EB has shipped. I got one day shipping so hopefully I'll have it tomorrow (Tues.).
atatange1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:41 PM   #125
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Cards4ever
Was he guaranteed to get it right away by doing that? If so, I'm sure he is going to get some kind of credit. If not, that's how it works, nothing is perfect.

Why would you preorder it if you weren't going to get it right away? Seems pointless to me.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:45 PM   #126
Balldog
Pro Rookie

From a guy at OS:
"I just called gamestop.com and the LOVELY woman said they just put back ordered on NCAA 2004 so no one else would order. She said ALL pre-orders were shipped out today."
Old 07-14-2003, 04:46 PM   #127
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Balldog
Why would you preorder it if you weren't going to get it right away? Seems pointless to me.

Did you ask when you preordered? Sometimes preordering means you'll get it when they get it, sometimes stores get shipments on different days. Preordering guarantees you a copy when they come in. Being pissed off at the clerk at the store isn't going to help you any, it's not his fault your game didn't come in.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:47 PM   #128
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Neuqua
Yeesh, I'm afraid to call my local Gamespot right now to find out if they'll recieve it today. I preordered it last night from them.

Living in the midwest can be a pain in the ass sometimes.

Hell, you live close to Chicago, you should be able to find it easy!
Old 07-14-2003, 04:52 PM   #129
mckerney
Coordinator

My local video game store didn't have it yet, though they usually don't get new games in right away being they deal mostly in used.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:53 PM   #130
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Ok, went ahead and called and they said there was a 90% chance they'd have it in by 7pm central. While I'd love to start getting excited, if my live experiences have taught me anything, that 10% is going to win out.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 07-14-2003, 05:00 PM   #131
GrantDawg

Ok, I cancelled my order. Has anyone gotten any kind of confirmation on cancellation? I read the fax, and as long as you tried to cancel and do not open the package you can send it back for a full refund. If it gets shipped and it is delivered you can refuse the order.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:09 PM   #132
Kodos
Resident Alien

Do you mean the FAQ, Mr. World Champion Missppeeler?
Old 07-14-2003, 05:12 PM   #133
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Nevermind.

Looks like all that preordered from EA may have their games tomorrow afterall.

Last edited by Neuqua : 07-14-2003 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:12 PM   #134
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

I got a call from the local EB today saying that they should have it by the time they open tomorrow. I'm going to call before we head out to dinner to see if they might have gotten it in early.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:20 PM   #135
tucker342
Pro Starter

Neuqua, did you get confirmation or what?
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:21 PM   #136
Kodos
Resident Alien

Saw this on Operation Sports forum:

I just got off the phone with EA Store

All Pre-orders for NCAA Football 2004 have shipped out today.

If you still want to cancell your order, just refuse delivery from the UPS guy and they will send it back.

Probably still gonna try GameStop tonight...
Old 07-14-2003, 06:22 PM   #137
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, my Gamespot called and said it will be available for sale after they open tomorrow
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:23 PM   #138
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by tucker342
Neuqua, did you get confirmation or what?

Nope, I read the same thing Kodos just posted at the OS forums.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:26 PM   #139
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
Do you mean the FAQ, Mr. World Champion Missppeeler?

Always trying to live up to my name.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:28 PM   #140
tucker342
Pro Starter

well, I guess that answers my question! That's great news!
Old 07-14-2003, 06:34 PM   #141
Esquared1
High School JV

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Neuqua
Ok, went ahead and called and they said there was a 90% chance they'd have it in by 7pm central.

I bought my copy in Gurnee, and I got the same answer.

I work for a company who ships a great amount of product, and I'm guessing they are shipping these same day from the distribution centers. . . The good part is the weather is nice today. If it was raining, the 10% would have come true.
Esquared1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:37 PM   #142
Esquared1
High School JV

I hate to be a jerk, but I just got the call.

Good luck everybody!

(I live in Lake Villa IL, if anybody wants to stop by.)
Esquared1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:38 PM   #143
Celeval
Pro Starter

FYI, http://www.sportplanet.com/ncaa/ncaautopia has guys who got basically the same response from GameSpot preorders - that the 'backorder' status is not correct, and all preorders have shipped. Not sure how true that is... since I'm out the door right now to pick up my copy from the store.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:43 PM   #144
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally posted by sabotai
I usually don't bother with preorders, and the case here is no different. I'm just gonna go to the mall later tonight and stop by EB and Gamestop just to see if they have it out. If not, I'll ask a worker there. Couldn't hurt to try.

If not, well no big deal. I WANT the game, but I think I can make it through just one more day of my life without it.

I think some here can really learn from sabotai.
Anrhydeddu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:45 PM   #145
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I'm waiting to get mine until Thursday, when the CompUSA I used to work at will be getting it in; I can still get the discount there, and I'm not in THAT big of a hurry to start playing; one or two days won't make that big of a difference in the long run.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 07:32 PM   #146
tucker342
Pro Starter

yes it will! It's a matter of life or death!
Old 07-14-2003, 07:43 PM   #147
sturmie
Mascot

i just picked up my pre-ordered copy from EB ! game is looking sweet!

gamble is a 99 @ CB , but only a 72 @ WR ...oh well, jenkins is a 94.

coolest feature so far seems to be the receivers looking back for the ball...it's a real nice touch. i also dig the more fluid QB throwing animations...nice, realistic feel to it.

back to playing...sturmie
sturmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 07:47 PM   #148
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Alright, just got home from picking mine up.

I'll see ya guys in a week.
Old 07-14-2003, 07:50 PM   #149
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by sturmie
gamble is a 99 @ CB , but only a 72 @ WR ...oh well, jenkins is a 94.

Can you say overrated?

Oh, and do we finally get in game save?
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 07:51 PM   #150
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally posted by mckerney
Can you say overrated?

Oh, and do we finally get in game save?

No. I wonder why that is so hard to implement?