Old 06-26-2004, 02:49 PM   #101
wade moore
lolzcat

Week 9 Preview:
Tampa Bay Torpedos(6-2) (-4)
AT
Baltimore Bombers (3-4)

OVERVIEW

The Bombers have lost several tough games this year, beginning with a week 1 loss to our own Torpedos where the difference in the game was a missed EP by the BAL kicker with 1:30 left in the game. The first game was a game in which Alvey first made himself known to the league with 159 yards and a TD. The secondary made the day very rough for Barbieri who has played very well this season besides the performance against Tampa Bay.

Baltimore has done quite well on offense this year. They are 19th in rushing yards (817), 10th in passing yards (1,633), and 7th in points per game (21.2). On defense, they are 4th in rushing yards (691), but 23rd in ypc (3.99). They have also struggled in passing defense where they are 25th in yards (1,596) and 23rd in yards per attempt (6.87). All of this adds up to the 24th scoring defense (20.8). So, if the Tampa offense can get rolling as they did in week 1, they should have success.

KEY MATCHUPS

TBY LG Kevin Kasowski[Rookie] vs. BAL DT Danny Register

In the week 1 game, Register had 6 tackles, 3 assists, 2.5 sacks, and 2 hurries. He disrupted Manuel all game. However, Kasowski was still a hold-out in week 1. Since week 1, Kasowski has performed quite well with 10/34 KRBs and allowed 3 sacks. Meanwhile, Register's best game was against Tampa as he now has 24 tackles, 10 assists, 4.0 sacks, and 6 hurries 6 games later. If Kasowski holds this super-stud DT to no more than 1 sack and 2 hurries, I will be happy.

BAL QB Philip Barbieri vs TBY Secondary

In the first week, the secondary gave Barbieri hell. They had 1 interception and 8 passes defensed. Since then, as stated above, he has performed very well. This is the absolute key matchup to determine how the Baltimore offense performs.

TBY RB Elias Alvey vs BAL DLine

Alvey had his breakout game against Baltimore in week one, and hopes to have another 150+ yard game. More realisticly, if he can get 25+ carries I think we can win.

KEYS TO WINNING

Tampa Bay Torpedos
Code:
[1] Elias Alvey's continued success [2] Contain DT Register [3] Create Turnovers
Baltimore Bombers
Code:
[1] Contain Elias Alvey [2] Contain DE Weiland [3] Build lead early

FINAL THOUGHTS

This should be another close game. However, I think that Alvey should be able to control the game again.

PREDICTION
Tampa Bay by 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

Last edited by wade moore : 06-26-2004 at 02:50 PM.
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 03:50 PM   #102
3ric
College Starter

Our run defense should be a strength for us - and we go in the game with virtually no injuries of note. Hopefully that will let us make it harder for Alvey to succeed. We also promise to be more positive in going forwards - if you remember, we had a very conservative game plan in the first meeting. A key to the outcome will the the play of our other defensive tackle - David Specht. If he can take some pressure off Register and generate some heat on Manuel on his own I'll be a happy GM...

Last edited by 3ric : 06-26-2004 at 03:53 PM.
3ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 04:06 PM   #103
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

I've got to give 3ric the nod here this time. Sorry, wade.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 04:17 PM   #104
3ric
College Starter

AAUGH! The kiss of death!

Just kidding, sov.
Old 06-26-2004, 05:36 PM   #105
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ric
Our run defense should be a strength for us - and we go in the game with virtually no injuries of note. Hopefully that will let us make it harder for Alvey to succeed. We also promise to be more positive in going forwards - if you remember, we had a very conservative game plan in the first meeting. A key to the outcome will the the play of our other defensive tackle - David Specht. If he can take some pressure off Register and generate some heat on Manuel on his own I'll be a happy GM...

I can definately agree that Specht will be a key. Register dominated so much last game, he did not need to be a heavy contributer. But with Kasowski in there, Register will not have quite as easy of a time.

My hope is that an agressive gameplan will backfire on you with my Secondary... we shall see!

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 06-26-2004, 10:12 PM   #106
Raven Hawk
College Starter

The Most Perfectly Planned Hero

by Klemu Hakkinen, The Football Fin

Elias Alvey isn't the type to sit still. He certainly isn't the type to give up. Growing up in Levittown, Pennsylvania - a suburb of Trenton, New Jersey - Alvey had a lot of obstacles to overcome. His father left his family when he was only three, forcing his mother to work two jobs to support her 3 children. The children pitched in at home the best that they could. Elias' two older sister, can be given credit for raising young Elias.

"Mom, was always at work. Always providin' for her family. Laya and Renee were the ones that kept me out of trouble," say Elias.

Some would say that Alvey inherited his mother's work effort. In high school, he was a varsity star, rushing for over 1500 yards in 13 games started. The hard inside running style that Alvey developed in high school would stick with him for years to come. It would become the mantle that he bore to his eventual success. Yet, that road was still long and still winding.

Alvey high school efforts were enough to get the attention of a couple of scouts, however, many schools passed on him. It was Louisville that came to the table with a scholarship. With Alvey's mother still working two jobs to support the family, Elias made the choice to go with the scholarship.

In his freshman year at Louisville, depression hit young Alvey. He was red-shirted and moved to fullback. Elias always loved to carry the football and thought that he would make the depth chart at Louisville as a tailback. His coach informed him that he didn't have the speed of a tailback. Alvey didn't take that too well.

"Yeah when coach got all in my face about my speed, I decided that I had to somethin'," says Elias.

Alvey spent the next three years focusing on building his speed. His work effort could not be questioned. Over these three years, Alvey developed a talent for breakaway speed. Once he got through the line, it was hard to catch him.

Jerrod Scharf, former teammate of Alvey at Louisville and current tight end or the Boise city Stampede recollects, "Those early days for Eli were hard. I remember going to the track at six in the morning and seeing him there. When I left at seven o'clock, he was still working on his speed."

This hard work eventually paid off. With two eligible seasons left, Alvey was named starting tailback for Louisville. He made the most of his efforts while there, running for 2876 yards on 628 carries and 19 TD's, averaging 4.6 yards per carry. This was good enough to get Alvey drafted in the 16th round of the Continental Football League's expansion draft going to the Tampa Bay Torpedos.

Alvey's first year in the league was cumbersome for him. He found himself in an offensive scheme that didn't take advantage of his skills.

"Them guys with the suits last year gave me no respect. Mr. moore(wade moore) understands me. He knows that I can carry this team," claims Alvey.

However under new management and a new head coach, Alvey has found him having a career year. Through eight games, Alvey has racked up 866 yards on 224 yards for a modest 3.8 yards per carry average. However, what really has the fans in Tampa Bay coming out to see him is his 9 touchdowns which leads the league. Alvey, however, is prepared to share some of the glory.

"I have to give my man Ed [Levy] some credit here. He stays out there in front and takes the big hits," states Alvey.

It is true that he has gotten some good blocks, but what remains the same is the power inside running game that Alvey developed in high school. Gameday opponents have been known to praise this ability in Alvey. One source told this reporter that it doesn't matter how many guys you stack up the middle, Alvey is going to get his 3 yards. Other sources have mentioned that if you don't get him down near the line of scrimage, he isn't going to stop until he hits the endzone.

Only one team has managed to put up a decent effort against Alvey, the 8-0 Charleston Six Packs. I asked Alvey about this game:

"Man, those chumps in Charleston got nothin. I just didn't get the ball enough. I could have worked that team by MYSELF."

It's true that the Six Packs held him to 76 yards, but that was only on 15 carries. With these kinds of outings, there is no doubt that Alvey should be considered for the CFL MVP award at the conclusion of the season.

As for Levittown, Pennsylvania, they boast that they are "The Most Perfectly Planned Community in America." Now, Elias Alvey has given them something else to boast about.

Last edited by Raven Hawk : 06-26-2004 at 10:16 PM.
Raven Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 10:19 PM   #107
wade moore
lolzcat

Wow.

Simply Awesome!

Quote:
Old 06-27-2004, 03:55 AM   #108
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
Code:
Year Team GP GS Tckl Asst Sack Blkd Hurr RPly PPly PrPct TkPct 2003 LBE 13 13 31 11 3.5 1 3 262 203 3.6 9.7 2004 TBY 8 8 28 10 9.0 5 18 197 282 11.3 9.8
Nice production!
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 07:59 AM   #109
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
Nice production!

I thought you might like to see how your former player was a key part of my team .

Quote:
Old 06-28-2004, 12:04 AM   #110
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I thought you might like to see how your former player was a key part of my team .
It's good to see him become productive.

Or, to look at it differently, perhaps . . . someone using him correctly. Either way, good show.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 03:27 AM   #111
wade moore
lolzcat

Week 9 Review:
Tampa Bay Torpedos(6-2) (-4)
AT
Baltimore Bombers (3-4)

HIGHLIGHTS

1st Quarter | 11:58 - Led to a 15 yard TD pass to Dillon. 0-7.
Code:
1-10-TBY37 (11:58) TBY 9 Manuel pass was intercepted by BAL 39 Pettiford at the BAL31. The interception was returned 38 yards. Tackled by TBY 89 Lopez.
1st Quarter | 07:18 - On the drive directly following previous Int. 0-14.
Code:
3-21-TBY26 (07:18) TBY 9 Manuel pass was intercepted by BAL 42 Weems at the TBY42. The interception was returned 42 yards for a touchdown! Extra point by BAL 17 Little was good.
2nd Quarter | 08:01 - The Baltimore Offense moved through us like swiss cheese on this drive. 0-21.
Code:
1-10-TBY11 (08:01) BAL 7 Barbieri pass completed to 82 Castillo for 11 yards and a touchdown! Extra point by BAL 17 Little was good.
2nd Quarter | 07:44 - First play of the next drive. Led to a 5 yard TD reception by Milsaps. 0-28.
Code:
1-15-TBY15 (07:44) TBY 9 Manuel pass completed to 82 Denning for 18 yards. Tackled by BAL 51 Kimber. Ball was fumbled and recovered by BAL 48 Wilber for 10 yards to the TBY23.
4th Quarter | 03:04 - Led to another BAL TD. 0-35
Code:
1-10-TBY49 (03:04) TBY 9 Manuel pass was intercepted by BAL 39 Pettiford at the BAL34. The interception was returned 25 yards. Tackled by TBY 88 McGarry.
4th Quarter | 00:47 - whoopdy-freakin'-do. 7-35
Code:
2-02-BAL02 (00:47) TBY 47 Rhodes ran outside the right tackle for 2 yards and a touchdown. Key block delivered by TBY 74 Bedell. Extra point by TBY 7 Cooper was good.

PLAY OF THE GAME

1st Quarter | 07:18 - On the drive directly following previous Int. 0-14.
Code:
3-21-TBY26 (07:18) TBY 9 Manuel pass was intercepted by BAL 42 Weems at the TBY42. The interception was returned 42 yards for a touchdown! Extra point by BAL 17 Little was good.

SCORE: TBY 7 BAL 35

wademoore's PLAYER OF THE GAME
BAL S Pettiford: 2 Caught, 1 Defensed, 2 Int

[b]FOF PLAYER OF THE GAME[b]
BAL QB Barbieri: 17 for 30, 181 Yards, 4 TD, 0 Int, 1 Sack

KEY PLAYERS

TBY
None.

BAL
QB Barbieri: 17 for 30, 181 Yards, 4 TD, 0 Int, 1 Sack
RB Boyd: 29 Carries, 78 Yards
S Pettiford: 2 Caught, 1 Defensed, 2 Int

STAT DOGGIES
TBY
QB Manuel: 11 for 29, 162 Yards, 2 Bad Throws, 1 Dropped, 3 Defensed, 9 Hurries, 3 Int, 1 Sack
RB Alvey: 10 Carries, 32 Yards

BAL
None.

KEY MATCHUPS REVISITED

TBY LG Harvey Kasowski[Rookie] vs. BAL DT Danny Register

Kasowski was basically a non-factor as we chose not to run towards Register the few times we did run. He was 0/1 in KRB's and allowed 0 sacks. Register had 1 Tackle, 2 Assists, and 4 Hurries. Victory to Register here.

BAL QB Philip Barbieri vs TBY Secondary

Barbieri was held to relatively modest ypa (6.0). The problem is, he was put into favorable field position so often that he was able to pick apart the Secondary and throw for 4 TDs. It did not show, but the Secondary actually played relatively well defensing 10 balls. So if you do the math, Barbieri completed 17, had 10 defensed, and 2 Hurries. That leaves only 1 pass that was incomplete without being forced by TBY. Pretty incredible.

TBY RB Elias Alvey vs BAL DLine

Alvey was never allowed to get into the game because Baltimore got ahead so far so fast. In addition, he had a minor injury early in the third that kept him from being a factor in the second half.

SYNOPSIS
Ugh! It has been proven time and time again that this team is incapable of coming back from an early deficit. With a team built so strongly from the run, we cannot score a lot of points quickly. This game was another example. Baltimore scored 5 TD's, and 4 were directly off of turnovers. You cannot win like that.

INJURY NEWS:

Quote:
Old 06-29-2004, 05:34 AM   #112
3ric
College Starter

Good analysis. I did also notice the fact that Tampa had 10 defended passes, which is a pretty rare achievement.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:58 AM   #113
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ric
Good analysis. I did also notice the fact that Tampa had 10 defended passes, which is a pretty rare achievement.

The scary thing (for other teams I guess) is that I have high defensed numbers relativley often.

Week 1 (against you then too): 8
Week 2: 8
Week 3: 5 (but 5 Int too)
Week 4: 1
Week 5: 9
Week 6: 6
Week 7: 5
Week 8: CRAP.. don't have the box scores on this machine
Week 9: 10

Quote:
Old 06-29-2004, 06:57 PM   #114
Taco
High School JV

Vazquez guarantees a Durham victory over Tampa in week 10

Durham, NC - Mitchell Vazquez, a rookie defensive end for the Durham Bulldogs, spoke to a few reporters prior to Tuesday's practice at the Bulldog practice facility. Vazquez was quoted as saying, "Listen up! We're gonna win this week against those Tampa Torpedes. I guarantee it. Write that down and remember that #97 predicted it. We're not scared by Eli Alvin, or whatever his name is. We're gonna kick some Torpede ass!"

A reporter then asked him if he meant "Torpedoes" instead of "Torpedes". A pissed off Vazquez responded, "However you say it in ingles, we're gonna kick some Torpede-DOH ass! Guaranteed!"

Vazquez has been uncharacteristically quiet since being drafted 16th overall by the Durham Bulldogs in the 2004 CFL draft. While playing college ball at Grambling he picked up the nickname "Mitchell Motormouth" for his habit of trash talking his opponents.

Vazquez's teammates refused to comment on the guaranteed win, other than saying that Vazquez is hungry for some victories and just wants to spark some enthusiasm back into this team.

Last season Durham soundly defeated Tampa Bay in the first and last week of the season, with scores of 37-10 and 31-19.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:33 AM   #115
wade moore
lolzcat

[u]
Week 9 Preview:
Durham Bulldogs(3-6) (-4)
AT
Tampa Bay Torpedoes(6-3) (-7)
OVERVIEW

While the Torpedoes have had more success this year than Durham, we all know that Tampa has struggled against their divisional opponents, winning only 1 game in-division since the leagues inception. This includes two drubbings last year by Durham, 37-10 and 31-19.

This year has been a bit different for both teams though, as Tampa has been one of the surprises of the league and Durham has struggled. Durham's offense has not been able to get on it's feet so far this year, ranking 24th in both ypc and ypa (3.51 and 5.69 yards) while ranking 22nd and 15th in rushing and passing yards respectively. Defense has not been all that much better. Durham is 17th in rushing yards (951) and 25th in passing yards (1852) while ranking 11th in ypc (3.67) and 21st in ypa (6.83). Perhaps the most telling stat is in scoring. The Durham Bulldogs have averaged 14.4 points per game (23rd) while allowing 18.5 points per game (21st). Not a very good margin.

Tampa, on the otherhand, continues to be in the top 10 in many important categories. We still have the leagues #1 rusher in Elias Alvay and the 2nd ranked team rushing offense (1223 yards), we are 8th in ypc (4.04) and 2nd in defensive ypa (5.49). On offense, our passing game has struggled with young Manuel. We are 26th in passing yards (1411) and 25th in ypa (5.68). The rushing defense has been average, 14th in yards (938) and 16th in ypc (3.78).

KEY MATCHUPS

TBY LG Kevin Kasowski[Rookie] vs. DT Sheldon Gonzales

After being highlighted last week, Kasowski did not exactly show his best performance. He goes against a solid, 9 year vet at DT. Gonzales has 30 tackles, 6.5 Sacks, and 5 Huries this year. This is an impressive showing for a DT and Kasowski will need to keep him away from the QB. This is something he has not done that well this season, allowing 3 sacks in 8 games started.

BAL QB Georgie Pitts vs TBY Secondary

I know, the secondary again. 15 year QB Pitts has had a tough year. After a 28/22 TD/INT ratio last year, he has struggled with that ratio this year and it has affected his QB rating. He is 5/10 TD/Int this year and his rating has gone from an 80.0 last season to a 64.7 this season. Meanwhile, the TBY Secondary continues to get after the ball having 10 Defensed passes last week giving them 2 DBs in the top two in the league for defensed passes (Burgess with 16 and Koch with 13), but they have had trouble turning those into turnovers.

TBY RB Elias Alvey vs DUR DLine

What a tough week for Alvey last week. He rarely got the ball due to the early deficit, and was knicked up. I really fear that all of these carries could be getting to his health. This week could be a chance to come back to form against a defense that struggles agains the run, despite what Vazquez is saying in the press. Even with his recent struggles, Alvey still leads the league in rushing yards (898) andd TDs (8). His ypc has struggled, but he has faced some tough run defenses.

KEYS TO WINNING

Tampa Bay Torpedos
Code:
[1] Elias Alvey's continued success [2] win Turnover battle [3] Keep pressure off of Manuel
Baltimore Bombers
Code:
[1] Contain Elias Alvey [2] Contain DE Weiland [3] Build lead early

FINAL THOUGHTS

Tampa Bay should bounce back in this game. Durham has been an underrated team this year, but I do not think they have the firepower to beat us.

PREDICTION
Tampa Bay by 6

Quote:

Last edited by wade moore : 06-30-2004 at 03:34 AM.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:16 AM   #116
wade moore
lolzcat

Torpedoes Full Back Fires One at the Bow of Vazquez

Tampa Bay, FL

Tampa Bay Full Back Edward Levy came out of today's practice more fired up than we have seen him since his senior year at Southern Miss when his mother was insulted in the paper. Why is he heated? He picked up the morning paper and saw the comments made by Durham Rookie DE "Motormouth" Mitchell Vazquez about the Tampa Bay team, and more specifically starting RB Elias Alvey. In the comments, Vazquez implied that Alvey is a nobody and nothing to worry about.

In the after-practice press conference, reporters did not need to ask Levy about the article, he brought it up himself. "That *#(%*# has no business talking about my boy Elias. What has he done in this league? NOTHING. He is a no talent, future failure in this league, " stated Levy. When asked what Alvey has to say about the comments, Levy stated, "Elias does not get into that mess. He just puts it deep in his head and uses it in the game. He would never say anything to me or to you idiots, but trust me, he is out to get this moron."

Vazquez is in his rookie year. He was drafted 16th overall in the 2004 draft. So far this year, he has started 6 of 9 games and has 12 tackles, 4 assists, .5 sacks, 1 blocked pass, and 2 hurries. He has a PrPct of 1.9 and a TkPct of 4.9. Alvey has 4 years of experience and was drafted in the 16th round of the dispersal draft. He has 234 carries, 898 yards and 8 touchdowns. He leads the league in all of these stats.

Quote:

Last edited by wade moore : 06-30-2004 at 06:16 AM.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:54 AM   #117
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Alvey has 4 years of experience and was drafted in the 16th round of the dispersal draft. He has 234 carries, 898 yards and 8 touchdowns. He leads the league in all of these stats.

That 3.8 YPC is pretty impressive.
Old 07-03-2004, 12:35 PM   #118
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
That 3.8 YPC is pretty impressive.

Hey, it's been effective

Quote:
Old 07-03-2004, 12:35 PM   #119
wade moore
lolzcat

Week 9 Review:
AT

HIGHLIGHTS

1st Quarter | 14:36 - No direct effect on the game, but Alvey is now Probable for 4 weeks with Shoulder Tendinitis.
Code:
1-10-TBY37 (14:36) TBY 9 Manuel pass completed to 82 Denning for 26 yards. Tackled by DUR 56 Donnell, assisted by DUR 45 Clarkson. Ball was fumbled and recovered by DUR 26 Kubiak for 8 yards to the DUR45. TBY 26 Alvey was injured on the play. He should be able to remain in the game
1st Quarter | 09:20 - Set up a 42 yard FG on the next play. 0-3.
Code:
3-17-DUR32 (09:20) TBY 9 Manuel scrambled for 7 yards. Tackled by DUR 23 Grider.
2nd Quarter | 02:57 - Set-up a 44 yard FG. 0-6.
Code:
2-08-TBY11 (02:57) TBY 9 Manuel pass completed to 88 McGarry for 43 yards. Tackled by DUR 23 Grider.
2nd Quarter | 13:20 - Ugh. Our starting SS is out 14 weeks with a torn tricep.
Code:
4-07-DUR37 (13:20) DUR 19 Strawser punted 36 yards from the DUR37. TBY 87 Pence returned the ball 7 yards to the TBY34. Tackled by DUR 64 Saldivar. TBY 22 Montalvo was injured on the play. This appears to be a serious injury
2nd Quarter |10:27 - Set-up by another 30 yard scamper by FB Levy. 0-13
Code:
2-07-DUR09 (10:27) TBY 9 Manuel pass completed to 88 McGarry for 9 yards and a touchdown! Extra point by TBY 7 Cooper was good.
2nd Quarter | 04:44 - 0-19.
Code:
1-08-DUR08 (04:44) TBY 23 Levy ran inside the right tackle for 8 yards and a touchdown. Key block delivered by TBY 74 Bedell. Extra point by TBY 7 Cooper was blocked.
2nd Quarter | 02:21 - Set-up ANOTHER TBY score under 2:00 in a half, a 52 yard FG. 0-22
Code:
1-10-TBY23 (02:21) TBY 9 Manuel pass completed to 82 Denning for 41 yards. Tackled by DUR 24 Williams, assisted by DUR 58 Gideon. Offical time out for the two-minute warning.
3rd Quarter | 10:41 - A dropped pass on 3rd and 2 set this up. 3-22
Code:
4-02-TBY03 (10:41) DUR 4 Snell attempted a 20 yard field goal and succeeded.
3rd Quarter | 03:21 - Stopped a potential DUR opportunity. 3-22
Code:
2-13-TBY34 (03:21) DUR 14 Pitts pass was intercepted by TBY 59 Ruiz in the end zone. Touchback.
4th Quarter | 10:14 - After sacking Pitts on 1st down, Dart and Price do it again on 3rd to force a FG. 6-22.
Code:
3-25-TBY27 (10:14) DUR 14 Pitts sacked by TBY 96 Dart and TBY 99 Price for a loss of 5 yards. Sack allowed by DUR 60 Graham. Ball was fumbled and recovered by DUR 86 Banks for 16 yards to the TBY16.
4th Quarter | 01:09 - Last of the fluff scores that meant little to this game. 12-25.
Code:
4-10-DUR16 (01:09) TBY 7 Cooper attempted a 33 yard field goal and succeeded. DUR 56 Donnell was injured on the play.

PLAY OF THE GAME

4th Quarter | 10:14 - While seemingly small, this play pretty much dried up any hopes of a comeback for the Bulldogs. Forced a FG instead of a TD. 6-22
Code:
3-25-TBY27 (10:14) DUR 14 Pitts sacked by TBY 96 Dart and TBY 99 Price for a loss of 5 yards. Sack allowed by DUR 60 Graham. Ball was fumbled and recovered by DUR 86 Banks for 16 yards to the TBY16.

SCORE: DUR 12 TBY 25

TBY TE Denning: 4 Catches, 97 Yards

TBY NT Lincoln Dart: 3 Tackles, 1 Assist, 3.0 Sacks

KEY PLAYERS

TBY
QB Manuel: 15 for 24, 226 Yards, 1 Td, 0 Int, 1 Sack, 2 Bad Throws, 1 Dropped, 1 Defensed, 1 Blocked, 4 Hurries
RB Alvey: 28 Carries, 112 Yards
FB Levy: 3 Carries, 41 Yards, 1 TD
G Fleming: 3/6 Key Run Blocks, 0 Sacks Allowed
DE Weiland: 3 Tackles, 1 Assist, 2.0 Sacks, 1 Hurry
TBY Secondary: 10 Passes Defensed, 2 Ints

BAL
RB Given: 21 Carries, 78 Yards, 1 TD

STAT DOGGIES
TBY
None.

DUR
QB Pitts: 19 for 39, 231 Yards, 0 TD, 2 Int, 6 Sacks, 0 Bad Throws, 4 Dropped, 10 Defensed, 0 Blocked, 4 Hurries
G Graham: 3 Sacks Allowed

KEY MATCHUPS REVISITED

TBY LG Kevin Kasowski[Rookie] vs. DT Sheldon Gonzales

Kasowski: 1/3 KRBs, 0 Sacks Allowed
Gonzales: 1 Tackle, 1 Assist, .5 Sacks

Kasowski worked with Ackerman to dominate the left side of the line. The team rushed 13 times for 74 yards on that side, and allowed no sacks. Gonzales was basically a non-factor.

DUR QB Georgie Pitts vs TBY Secondary
QB Pitts: 19 for 39, 231 Yards, 0 TD, 2 Int, 6 Sacks, 0 Bad Throws, 4 Dropped, 10 Defensed, 0 Blocked, 4 Hurries
TBY Secondary: 10 Passes Defensed, 2 Ints

The secondary dominated again. They defensed 10 passes again, with CB Koch leading the way with 4.

TBY RB Elias Alvey vs DUR DLine

Alvey was not dominant, but effective. He was able to set up a solid passing game, and keep the DLine honest to reduce pressure on Manuel.

SYNOPSIS
A well played game all around. I am a bit unhappy with how many times we had to settle for FGs, but luckily our defense played so well that it did not matter.

INJURY NEWS:
Code:
Player # Pos Start Health Injury Full Strn. **Montalvo, Benjamin 22 SS SS Out Torn Triceps Musc14 Weeks ##Russell, Gordon 81 TE Out Strained Calf Mus3 Weeks ##Rea, Hassan 50 SLB Questionable Compound Leg Frac8 Weeks Alvey, Elias 26 RB RB Probable Shoulder Tendinit4 Weeks

Quote:
Old 07-03-2004, 12:36 PM   #120
wade moore
lolzcat

Code:
Box Score: Durham at Tampa Bay Tampa Bay, FL. Week 10, 2004 Attendance: 67,800 (68,000). Weather: 81 degrees, fair. 1Q: 08:45 TBY - Felton Cooper 42 field goal. 2Q: 14:49 TBY - Felton Cooper 44 field goal. 2Q: 10:18 TBY - Eric McGarry 9 pass from Lane Manuel. 2Q: 10:18 TBY - Felton Cooper extra point. 2Q: 04:38 TBY - Edward Levy 8 run. 2Q: 04:38 TBY - Felton Cooper extra point failed. 2Q: 00:12 TBY - Felton Cooper 52 field goal. 3Q: 10:34 DUR - John Snell 20 field goal. 4Q: 09:31 DUR - John Snell 33 field goal. 4Q: 03:39 DUR - Dudley Given 4 run. 4Q: 03:39 DUR - Mark Dominguez run for conversion failed. 4Q: 01:03 TBY - Felton Cooper 33 field goal. Game MVP: TBY 96 Lincoln Dart Durham 0 0 3 9 - 12 Tampa Bay 3 19 0 3 - 25 Team Statistics DUR TBY First Downs 21 16 Total Rushes 27 34 Rushing Yards 112 161 Yards Per Carry 4.1 4.7 Pass Attempts 39 24 Completions 19 15 Passing Yards 231 226 Yards Per Attempt 5.9 9.4 Sacked 6 1 Yards Lost 36 5 Interceptions 2 0 Fumbles/Lost 1/0 2/1 Total Plays 72 59 Total Yards 307 382 Yards Per Play 4.2 6.4 3rd Down Plays 4/15 4/13 Avg. YTG on 3rd 9.2 7.3 4th Down Plays 1/2 0/0 Penalties 6 13 Penalty Yards 50 112 Avg. Drive Start OWN 22 OWN 40 Time Of Possession 32:27 27:33 Durham Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 48 Given 21 78 3.7 25 1 49 Wright 3 24 8.0 20 0 14 Pitts 2 9 4.5 6 0 22 Ackerman 1 1 1.0 1 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 14 Pitts 39 19 231 5.9 39 0 2 6 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 82 Volpe 5 48 9.6 5 16 0 89 Weeks 5 58 11.6 0 25 0 85 Lockhart 4 78 19.5 0 39 0 49 Wright 2 3 1.5 10 2 0 81 Phillips 1 14 14.0 0 14 0 84 Criswell 1 14 14.0 0 14 0 86 Banks 1 16 16.0 0 16 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 47 Holliday 1 -5 -5.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 82 Volpe 1 26 26.0 0 24 Williams 1 28 28.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 19 Strawser 6 210 35.0 39 1 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 4 Snell 2 2 33 0 0 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 23 Grider 7 2 0.0 0 0 0 56 Donnell 6 4 0.0 0 0 0 92 Jimerson 4 2 0.0 0 0 0 58 Gideon 4 1 0.0 0 0 0 71 Reavis 4 0 0.0 0 0 0 45 Clarkson 3 2 0.0 0 0 0 59 Jablonski 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 32 Haith 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 47 Holliday 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 24 Williams 2 2 0.0 0 0 0 64 Saldivar 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 91 Tessier 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 90 Johnson 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 93 Gonzales 1 1 0.5 0 0 0 76 Burchett 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 26 Kubiak 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 82 Volpe 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 40 Smith 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 49 Wright 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 14 Pitts 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 22 Ackerman 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 96 Akins 0 1 0.5 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 75 Dale 0 0 0 0 0 2 63 Jaimes 0 0 0 0 2 1 60 Graham 0 0 0 0 3 3 54 Bass 0 0 0 0 2 0 40 Smith 0 1 0 0 0 0 56 Donnell 0 1 0 0 0 0 84 Criswell 0 0 0 0 1 0 26 Kubiak 0 0 1 0 0 0 64 Saldivar 0 0 0 0 1 0 14 Pitts 1 0 0 0 0 0 86 Banks 0 0 1 0 0 0 Tampa Bay Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 26 Alvey 28 112 4.0 14 0 23 Levy 3 41 13.6 30 1 9 Manuel 3 8 2.6 7 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 9 Manuel 24 15 226 9.4 43 1 0 1 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 82 Denning 4 97 24.2 15 41 0 83 Stroman 3 45 15.0 8 27 0 23 Levy 3 7 2.3 0 4 0 88 McGarry 3 62 20.6 1 43 1 26 Alvey 2 15 7.5 5 13 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 87 Pence 2 26 13.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 88 McGarry 2 30 15.0 0 87 Pence 1 20 20.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 17 Ackerman 5 239 47.8 55 0 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 7 Cooper 4 4 52 1 2 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 90 Williams 8 0 0.0 0 0 0 44 Means 6 3 0.0 0 0 0 32 Burgess 6 1 0.0 1 2 0 53 Grieco 6 1 0.0 0 0 0 38 Koch 5 3 0.0 0 0 0 59 Ruiz 4 0 0.0 1 0 0 96 Dart 3 1 3.0 0 0 0 79 Weiland 3 1 2.0 0 0 0 57 Luciano 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 22 Montalvo 2 4 0.0 0 0 0 30 Bolen 2 1 0.0 0 0 0 87 Pence 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 99 Price 1 1 1.0 0 0 0 93 Compton 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 97 Bussard 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 84 Martindale 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 89 Lopez 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 94 Hickerson 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 43 Haugh 0 3 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 74 Bedell 0 0 0 0 2 1 78 Fleming 0 0 0 0 3 0 58 Davis 0 0 0 0 2 0 69 Ackerman 0 0 0 0 2 0 20 Talkington 0 0 1 0 0 0 88 McGarry 1 0 0 0 0 0 38 Koch 0 1 0 0 0 0 82 Denning 1 0 0 0 0 0 67 Kasowski 0 0 0 0 1 0 Durham Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 14:25 1:08 OWN 45 3 4 Punt 1 11:45 0:34 OWN 20 3 1 Punt 1 8:45 5:25 OWN 26 9 32 Punt 2 14:49 1:37 OWN 34 3 3 Punt 2 10:18 2:02 OWN 20 3 -8 Punt 2 4:38 2:17 OWN 20 5 11 Punt 2 0:12 0:12 OWN 14 1 -4 Half 3 15:00 4:26 OWN 20 7 77 Field Goal 3 5:16 2:08 OWN 20 4 46 Interception 3 2:24 7:53 OWN 13 15 71 Field Goal 4 7:16 3:37 OWN 20 12 80 Touchdown 4 2:25 0:49 OWN 17 4 -1 Downs 4 1:03 0:29 OWN 20 3 0 Interception Tampa Bay Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 15:00 0:35 OWN 37 1 26 Fumble 1 13:17 1:32 OWN 40 3 5 Punt 1 11:11 2:26 OWN 43 8 32 Field Goal 1 3:20 3:31 OWN 9 8 64 Field Goal 2 13:12 2:54 OWN 34 6 66 Touchdown 2 8:16 3:38 OPP 48 8 48 Touchdown 2 2:21 2:09 OWN 23 4 42 Field Goal 3 10:34 5:18 OWN 21 9 32 Punt 3 3:08 0:44 OWN 20 3 2 Punt 4 9:31 2:15 OPP 41 3 0 Punt 4 3:39 1:14 OWN 30 3 4 Punt 4 1:36 0:33 OPP 16 3 0 Field Goal 4 0:34 0:34 OPP 23 2 1 Game Durham Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 3 1 2 Tampa Bay Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 3 2 1 Durham Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 9 30 3.3 Middle 13 65 5.0 Right 5 17 3.4 None 0 0 0.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 60 Graham 3 3 27 63 Jaimes 2 9 27 54 Bass 2 5 27 64 Saldivar 1 3 27 84 Criswell 1 2 23 75 Dale 0 2 27 49 Wright 0 1 21 88 Dominguez 0 0 5 Durham Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 4 2 3 0.7 Short (0-8 Yds) 9 5 29 3.2 Medium (9-18 Yds) 16 10 135 8.4 Long (19+ Yds) 10 2 64 6.4 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 14 Pitts 39 19 0 4 10 0 4 2 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 82 Volpe 12 5 1 48 37 89 Weeks 9 5 0 58 33 85 Lockhart 6 4 2 78 26 84 Criswell 4 1 1 14 34 49 Wright 3 2 0 3 28 86 Banks 3 1 0 16 19 81 Phillips 1 1 0 14 5 48 Given 1 0 0 0 25 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 54 Bass 0 45 60 Graham 3 45 63 Jaimes 1 45 75 Dale 2 45 64 Saldivar 0 45 49 Wright 0 28 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 96 Akins 0.5 0 0 18 93 Gonzales 0.5 0 0 16 92 Jimerson 0.0 1 3 25 71 Reavis 0.0 0 0 25 26 Kubiak 0.0 0 0 25 23 Grider 0.0 0 0 25 45 Clarkson 0.0 0 0 24 58 Gideon 0.0 0 0 23 59 Jablonski 0.0 0 1 12 56 Donnell 0.0 0 0 20 24 Williams 0.0 0 0 20 47 Holliday 0.0 0 0 16 76 Burchett 0.0 0 0 9 90 Johnson 0.0 0 0 7 32 Haith 0.0 0 0 5 52 Stambaugh 0.0 0 0 2 91 Tessier 0.0 0 0 2 40 Smith 0.0 0 0 1 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 56 Donnell 4 1 0 20 58 Gideon 3 0 0 23 24 Williams 2 0 0 20 47 Holliday 2 0 0 16 23 Grider 1 0 0 25 45 Clarkson 1 0 0 24 59 Jablonski 1 0 0 12 32 Haith 1 0 0 5 71 Reavis 0 0 0 25 26 Kubiak 0 0 0 25 92 Jimerson 0 0 0 25 96 Akins 0 0 0 18 93 Gonzales 0 0 0 16 76 Burchett 0 0 0 9 90 Johnson 0 0 0 7 52 Stambaugh 0 0 0 2 91 Tessier 0 0 0 2 40 Smith 0 0 0 1 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 23 Grider 7 2 34 25 56 Donnell 6 4 31 20 92 Jimerson 4 2 34 25 58 Gideon 4 1 26 23 71 Reavis 4 0 33 25 45 Clarkson 3 2 33 24 59 Jablonski 3 1 18 12 47 Holliday 3 0 16 16 32 Haith 3 0 2 5 24 Williams 2 2 29 20 90 Johnson 2 0 20 7 91 Tessier 2 0 8 2 26 Kubiak 1 1 34 25 93 Gonzales 1 1 14 16 76 Burchett 1 1 20 9 40 Smith 1 0 1 1 96 Akins 0 1 14 18 52 Stambaugh 0 0 5 2 98 Allred 0 0 1 0 97 Vazquez 0 0 1 0 Tampa Bay Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 13 74 5.6 Middle 12 43 3.5 Right 8 45 5.6 None 1 -1 -1.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 78 Fleming 3 6 34 69 Ackerman 2 7 32 74 Bedell 2 7 30 58 Davis 2 5 34 67 Kasowski 1 3 34 82 Denning 0 2 33 23 Levy 0 1 27 65 Galarza 0 0 6 20 Talkington 0 0 5 84 Martindale 0 0 5 Tampa Bay Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 2 2 3 1.5 Short (0-8 Yds) 10 7 56 5.6 Medium (9-18 Yds) 7 2 36 5.1 Long (19+ Yds) 5 4 131 26.2 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 9 Manuel 24 15 2 1 1 1 4 0 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 23 Levy 6 3 1 7 20 82 Denning 6 4 0 97 22 88 McGarry 5 3 0 62 11 83 Stroman 3 3 0 45 23 26 Alvey 2 2 0 15 18 87 Pence 1 0 0 0 2 89 Lopez 1 0 0 0 20 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 58 Davis 0 25 78 Fleming 0 25 67 Kasowski 0 25 74 Bedell 1 24 69 Ackerman 0 21 23 Levy 0 20 20 Talkington 0 6 65 Galarza 0 5 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 96 Dart 3.0 0 0 42 79 Weiland 2.0 0 1 43 99 Price 1.0 0 0 14 90 Williams 0.0 0 1 45 59 Ruiz 0.0 0 1 38 44 Means 0.0 0 0 45 32 Burgess 0.0 0 0 45 53 Grieco 0.0 0 0 45 38 Koch 0.0 0 0 45 30 Bolen 0.0 0 0 34 43 Haugh 0.0 0 0 27 94 Hickerson 0.0 0 0 22 93 Compton 0.0 0 1 11 57 Luciano 0.0 0 0 18 22 Montalvo 0.0 0 0 11 34 Decoteau 0.0 0 0 7 97 Bussard 0.0 0 0 3 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 44 Means 5 1 0 45 38 Koch 3 4 0 45 32 Burgess 3 2 1 45 90 Williams 3 0 0 45 53 Grieco 2 0 0 45 59 Ruiz 1 2 1 38 30 Bolen 1 0 0 34 57 Luciano 1 0 0 18 22 Montalvo 0 1 0 11 79 Weiland 0 0 0 43 96 Dart 0 0 0 42 43 Haugh 0 0 0 27 94 Hickerson 0 0 0 22 99 Price 0 0 0 14 93 Compton 0 0 0 11 34 Decoteau 0 0 0 7 97 Bussard 0 0 0 3 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 90 Williams 8 0 26 45 44 Means 6 3 27 45 32 Burgess 6 1 27 45 53 Grieco 6 1 27 45 38 Koch 5 3 27 45 59 Ruiz 4 0 24 38 79 Weiland 3 1 25 43 96 Dart 3 1 23 42 57 Luciano 3 1 19 18 22 Montalvo 2 4 7 11 30 Bolen 2 1 20 34 93 Compton 1 1 16 11 99 Price 1 1 7 14 94 Hickerson 1 0 6 22 97 Bussard 1 0 4 3 43 Haugh 0 3 8 27 34 Decoteau 0 0 3 7 56 Steinberg 0 0 1 0

Quote:
Old 07-04-2004, 03:14 PM   #121
wade moore
lolzcat

Week 11 Preview:

BYE WEEK

Good News:

Gives Alvey a free week of healing.

Quote:
Old 07-07-2004, 03:39 AM   #122
wade moore
lolzcat

Week 12 Preview:
Tampa Bay Torpedoes(7-3) (-5)
AT
Tucson Toros(6-4)

OVERVIEW

Tucson is in a 3-way tie for the NC West Division title with Honolulu and Las Vegas and really needs this win. Meanwhile, Tampa is still looking at a wild card birth unless Charleston falls apart after last weeks loss.

This game will be a battle of the top two rushers this season in the CFL. The Toros' Brumley has 1,002 yards, just 8 short of Alvey. The Tucson passing attack has been very affective too, with QB Hogan averaging 6.77 ypa and having a TD/Int ratio of 11/5. The Toro defense is 4th in ypc (3.55) and 11th in rushing yards (1,084). Their passing defense is their biggest weakness, where they are 14th in ypa (6.35) and 25th in passing yards (2,172).

KEY MATCHUPS

TBY RB Elias Alvey vs. TUC RB Chester Brumley

I know this is not how my matchups usually work, but I think this is the key comparison to the game. Whichever RB performs the best, their team will win. Brumley was the 2003 Offensive Player of the Year and has done even better this season. He has only 8 yards less than Alvey, but has done so on 16 less carries. He has 5 Rushing TD's to Alvey's 8, but Brumley has 2 receiving TD's to Alvey's 1. Tucson has the tougher run D at 3.55 ypc versus Tampa's 3.81.

TUC LT Thomas Perez vs TBY DE Chris Weiland

Perez has been arguably the best run blocking Tackle this year. He is 21/45 in KrBs, which is 1st amongst Tackles. However, he has struggled against the pass rush. He has allowed 7 sacks in 227 pass plays for a SPct of 3.0. Meanwhile, Weiland has done nothing but harass QB's all year. He is second in the league in sacks with 11.0 and 3rd in hurries with 22.

TBY G Harvey Kasowski[Rookie] vs TUC DT Harrison Finley

Kaslowski is forced to go up against another veteran DT this week. Finley not only has 5.0 sacks and 11.0 hurries this year to lead his team, but he also is 4th in tackles with 48. He has put the most pressure on the QB, but has also helped support a line that has excelled in their defense up the middle with 3.20 ypc to that area. Kasowski has done well as a rookie against many veteran DT's with 11/38 KrBs and 3 SkA this season.

KEYS TO WINNING

Tampa Bay Torpedos
Code:
[1] Elias Alvey's continued success [2] win Turnover battle [3] Contain Brumley
Tucson Toros
Code:
[1] Contain Elias Alvey [2] Contain DE Weiland [3] Brumley's continued success

FINAL THOUGHTS

This game will be very tight and driven by the running game. Whichever RB performs the best will win this game, and Alvey comes in banged up.

PREDICTION
Tucson by 3

Quote:
Old 07-09-2004, 12:06 PM   #123
wade moore
lolzcat

Week 9 Review:
Tampa Bay Torpedoes(7-3) (-5)
AT
Tucson Toros(6-4)

HIGHLIGHTS

1st Quarter | 09:12 - These two consecutive plays forced TUC to settle for a FG. 0-3.
Code:
2-08-TBY08 (09:12) TUC 4 Hogan pass was blocked at the line, intended for 88 Lee. TBY 79 Weiland blocked the pass. 3-08-TBY08 (09:04) TUC 4 Hogan pass fell incomplete, intended for 24 Brumley. TBY 53 Grieco defended the pass.
1st Quarter | 07:05 - Forced TBY to punt 3 plays later. I wish it told who penalties were on. 0-3.
Code:
1-10-TBY30 (07:05) TBY 26 Alvey ran around left end for 40 yards. Tackled by TUC 79 Finley, assisted by TUC 97 Neuman. Key block delivered by TBY 67 Kasowski. Penalty: TBY - Illegal Motion.
2nd Quarter | 10:09 - Put TUC 10 points up early in the 2nd. 0-10.
Code:
3-08-TBY08 (10:09) TUC 4 Hogan pass completed to 87 Sheehy for 8 yards and a touchdown! Extra point by TUC 6 Tubbs was good.
3rd Quarter | 12:57 - Manuel (believe it or not) ignited the offense. 3 other plays on this drive, a 15 yard pass, an 18 yard pass, and defensive holding. 7-10.
Code:
1-10-TUC39 (12:57) TBY 9 Manuel pass completed to 26 Alvey for 39 yards and a touchdown! Extra point by TBY 7 Cooper was good.
3rd Quarter |07:34 - A potential game tying FG missed. 7-10.
Code:
4-09-TUC29 (07:34) TBY 7 Cooper attempted a 46 yard field goal and missed wide to the right.
3rd Quarter | 04:26 - LB Ruiz shows some fleet footedness with this TD. 14-10.
Code:
1-10-TUC39 (04:26) TUC 4 Hogan pass was intercepted by TBY 59 Ruiz at the TUC43. The interception was returned 43 yards for a touchdown! Extra point by TBY 7 Cooper was good.
4th Quarter | 07:59 - A little redemption for Cooper. 17-10.
Code:
4-03-TUC30 (07:59) TBY 7 Cooper attempted a 47 yard field goal and succeeded.
4th Quarter | 02:56 - A little more redemption. This guy can really nail the long ones. 20-10.
Code:
4-04-TUC38 (02:56) TBY 7 Cooper attempted a 55 yard field goal and succeeded.
4th Quarter | 01:22 - A potentially devestating play for TUC salvaged by Hogan. 20-17.
Code:
2-05-TBY05 (01:22) TUC 4 Hogan pass completed to 84 Hills for 5 yards and a touchdown! Penalty: TUC - Offensive Holding. -- 2-15-TBY15 (01:13) TUC 4 Hogan pass completed to 87 Sheehy for 15 yards and a touchdown! Extra point by TUC 6 Tubbs was good.
4th Quarter | 01:13 - 3 Alvey runs after Kwiatkowski's recovry of the Onsides kick and the game is over. 20-17.
Code:
TUC 6 Tubbs kicked off (onside) 10 yards from the TUC30. TBY 36 Kwiatkowski recovered the kick.

PLAY OF THE GAME

3rd Quarter | 04:26 - LB Ruiz shows some fleet footedness with this TD. 14-10.
Code:
1-10-TUC39 (04:26) TUC 4 Hogan pass was intercepted by TBY 59 Ruiz at the TUC43. The interception was returned 43 yards for a touchdown! Extra point by TBY 7 Cooper was good.

SCORE: TBY 20 TUC 17

TBY LB Ruiz: 2 Tackles, 5 Assists, 1 Int, 1 TD, 0 Caught, 1 Defensed

TBY RB Elias Alvey: 31 Carries, 85 Yards, 2 Catches, 55 Yards, 1 TD

OTHER KEY PLAYERS

TBY
QB Manuel: 15 for 25, 220 Yards, 1 TD, 0 Int, 0 Sacks
G Fleming: 3/8 Key Run Blocks, 0 Sacks Allowed
DE Weiland: 1 Tackle, 3 Pass Blocks, 1 Hurry
TBY Secondary: 9 Passes Defensed, 1 Int
LB Grieco: 14 Tackles, 1 Assists, 3 Defensed Passes

TUC
RB Bradley: 11 Carries, 65 Yards
WR Sheehy: 5 Catches, 49 Yards, 2 TD

STAT DOGGIES
TBY
RT Bedell: 0/5 KRBs
CB Koch: 4 Caught, 0 Defensed, 0 Int

TUC
QB Hogan: 15 for 35, 183 Yards, 2 TD, 1 Int, 1 Bad Throw, 3 Dropped, 9 Defensed, 3 Blocked, 3 Hurries
RB Brumley: 17 carries, 38 yards, 4 Catches, 38 Yards

KEY MATCHUPS REVISITED

TBY RB Elias Alvey vs. TUC RB Chester Brumley

RB Elias Alvey: 31 Carries, 85 Yards, 2 Catches, 55 Yards, 1 TD
RB Brumley: 17 carries, 38 yards, 4 Catches, 38 Yards

Elias was by know means dominant, but he out-dueled Brumley for sure. Also keep in mind that were it not for a holding penalty, Alvey would have 125 yards and a much better ypc. As I said, whoever won this duel would win this game.

TUC LT Thomas Perez vs TBY DE Chris Weiland

DE Weiland: 1 Tackle, 3 Pass Blocks, 1 Hurry
LT Perez: 1/4 KrBs, 0 Sacks Allowed

Weiland had another dominant game. I had to really debate possibly making him my PoG. He may not have gotten any sacks, but he just tormented Hogan all day include 3 Pass Blocks. Perez's numbers look deceptively good because it does not show the Blocks and Hurries he allowed. This one was definately won by Weiland.

TBY G Harvey Kasowski[Rookie] vs TUC DT Harrison Finley

Kasowski: 0/3 KRBs, 0 Sacks Allowed
Finley: 8 Tackles, 2 Assists, 0 Sacks, 0 Hurries

In the game, Finley was a beast against the run. Piling up 8 tackles and Kasowski got no KRBs. However, Finley was unable to get any pressure on Manuel contributing to one of his more efficent games this season. I would call this a draw, one victory in the running game, the other the victory in the passing game.

SYNOPSIS

This was a very toughly fought game. The team is showing more and more resiliancy and ability to win games in multiple ways. Even though they fell behind early, we showed an ability to do something we have not been able to do all season - play from behind.

INJURY NEWS:
Code:
Player # Pos Start Health Injury Full Strn. ##Montalvo, Benjamin 22 SS Out Torn Triceps Musc12 Weeks Alvey, Elias 26 RB RB Probable Shoulder Tendinit2 Weeks ##Rea, Hassan 50 SLB Probable Compound Leg Frac6 Weeks ##Russell, Gordon 81 TE Probable Strained Calf Mus1 Week

Quote:
Old 07-09-2004, 12:07 PM   #124
wade moore
lolzcat

Code:
Box Score: Tampa Bay at Tucson Tucson, AZ. Week 12, 2004 Attendance: 69,300 (69,800). Weather: 66 degrees, fair. 1Q: 08:49 TUC - Louis Tubbs 25 field goal. 2Q: 10:01 TUC - Ramon Sheehy 8 pass from Milan Hogan. 2Q: 10:01 TUC - Louis Tubbs extra point. 3Q: 12:44 TBY - Elias Alvey 39 pass from Lane Manuel. 3Q: 12:44 TBY - Felton Cooper extra point. 3Q: 04:18 TBY - Andreas Ruiz 43 interception return. 3Q: 04:18 TBY - Felton Cooper extra point. 4Q: 07:52 TBY - Felton Cooper 47 field goal. 4Q: 02:50 TBY - Felton Cooper 55 field goal. 4Q: 01:07 TUC - Ramon Sheehy 15 pass from Milan Hogan. 4Q: 01:07 TUC - Louis Tubbs extra point. Game MVP: TBY 26 Elias Alvey Tampa Bay 0 0 14 6 - 20 Tucson 3 7 0 7 - 17 Team Statistics TBY TUC First Downs 17 14 Total Rushes 37 28 Rushing Yards 100 103 Yards Per Carry 2.7 3.6 Pass Attempts 25 35 Completions 15 15 Passing Yards 220 183 Yards Per Attempt 8.8 5.2 Sacked 0 0 Yards Lost 0 0 Interceptions 0 1 Fumbles/Lost 1/1 1/0 Total Plays 62 63 Total Yards 320 286 Yards Per Play 5.1 4.5 3rd Down Plays 5/15 6/16 Avg. YTG on 3rd 7.2 5.6 4th Down Plays 0/0 0/0 Penalties 6 8 Penalty Yards 34 60 Avg. Drive Start OWN 20 OWN 31 Time Of Possession 32:48 27:12 Tampa Bay Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 26 Alvey 31 85 2.7 11 0 47 Rhodes 4 14 3.5 6 0 83 Stroman 1 2 2.0 2 0 9 Manuel 1 -1 -1.0 -1 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 9 Manuel 25 15 220 8.8 39 1 0 0 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 89 Lopez 7 115 16.4 11 35 0 20 Talkington 2 20 10.0 12 14 0 26 Alvey 2 55 27.5 57 39 1 82 Denning 2 24 12.0 9 20 0 83 Stroman 1 3 3.0 1 3 0 88 McGarry 1 3 3.0 0 3 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 87 Pence 2 12 6.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 88 McGarry 2 31 15.5 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 17 Ackerman 6 274 45.6 57 2 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 7 Cooper 2 3 55 2 2 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 53 Grieco 14 1 0.0 0 0 0 90 Williams 6 0 0.0 0 0 0 96 Dart 5 1 0.0 0 0 0 43 Haugh 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 26 Alvey 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 38 Koch 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 59 Ruiz 2 5 0.0 1 43 1 32 Burgess 2 1 0.0 0 0 0 44 Means 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 57 Luciano 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 79 Weiland 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 84 Martindale 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 93 Compton 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 56 Steinberg 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 39 Ridley 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 34 Decoteau 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 58 Davis 0 0 0 0 3 0 78 Fleming 0 0 0 0 3 0 20 Talkington 1 0 0 0 0 0 53 Grieco 0 1 0 0 0 0 82 Denning 0 0 0 0 1 0 69 Ackerman 0 0 0 0 1 0 Tucson Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 24 Brumley 17 38 2.2 9 0 22 Bradley 11 65 5.9 13 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 4 Hogan 35 15 183 5.2 49 2 1 0 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 87 Sheehy 5 49 9.8 10 15 2 24 Brumley 4 38 9.5 32 22 0 81 Markey 2 25 12.5 5 18 0 88 Lee 2 18 9.0 2 11 0 86 Yarbrough 1 49 49.0 8 49 0 38 Sharp 1 4 4.0 4 4 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 88 Lee 3 24 8.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 26 Hill 1 17 17.0 0 88 Lee 1 21 21.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 7 Eyles 9 409 45.4 60 6 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 6 Tubbs 1 1 25 2 2 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 52 Wash 9 5 0.0 0 0 0 79 Finley 8 2 0.0 0 0 0 97 Neuman 6 3 0.0 0 0 0 32 Hartung 4 2 0.0 0 0 0 31 Enoch 4 1 0.0 0 0 0 58 Watford 3 3 0.0 0 0 0 40 Biggs 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 28 Yingling 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 75 Grier 2 2 0.0 0 0 0 23 Dizon 2 1 0.0 0 0 0 33 Maloney 2 1 0.0 0 0 0 99 Crowther 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 70 Neubauer 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 26 Hill 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 68 Gregg 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 94 Lopez 0 2 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 68 Gregg 0 0 0 0 3 0 52 Wash 0 1 1 0 0 0 78 Odum 0 0 0 0 2 0 38 Sharp 0 0 0 0 1 0 87 Sheehy 0 0 1 0 0 0 56 Pless 0 0 0 0 1 0 61 Perez 0 0 0 0 1 0 22 Bradley 1 0 0 0 0 0 Tampa Bay Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 8:49 3:04 OWN 20 6 15 Punt 1 3:56 2:27 OWN 6 5 30 Fumble 1 0:49 2:11 OWN 3 3 5 Punt 2 10:01 1:41 OWN 19 3 4 Punt 2 5:16 3:25 OWN 1 6 36 Punt 3 15:00 2:16 OWN 23 3 77 Touchdown 3 11:02 3:36 OWN 3 10 68 Missed FG 3 5:47 1:21 OWN 11 3 4 Punt 3 1:30 4:40 OWN 20 9 25 Punt 4 10:55 3:03 OWN 45 5 25 Field Goal 4 7:01 4:11 OWN 33 6 29 Field Goal 4 1:07 1:07 OPP 40 4 10 Game Tucson Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 15:00 6:11 OWN 29 13 63 Field Goal 1 5:45 1:49 OWN 33 3 7 Punt 1 1:29 0:40 OPP 36 3 0 Punt 2 13:38 3:37 OPP 36 6 36 Touchdown 2 8:20 3:04 OWN 43 6 21 Punt 2 1:51 1:51 OWN 6 4 20 Punt 3 12:44 1:42 OWN 28 3 9 Punt 3 7:26 1:39 OWN 36 3 7 Punt 3 4:26 0:08 OWN 39 1 0 Interception 3 4:18 2:48 OWN 20 6 21 Punt 4 11:50 0:55 OWN 2 3 3 Punt 4 7:52 0:51 OWN 20 3 6 Punt 4 2:50 1:43 OWN 20 9 80 Touchdown Tampa Bay Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 0 0 0 Tucson Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 3 2 1 Tampa Bay Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 6 20 3.3 Middle 19 56 2.9 Right 11 25 2.2 None 1 -1 -1.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 58 Davis 3 10 37 78 Fleming 3 8 37 69 Ackerman 1 3 32 82 Denning 1 2 34 74 Bedell 0 5 34 67 Kasowski 0 3 37 23 Levy 0 4 25 65 Galarza 0 1 8 84 Martindale 0 0 3 20 Talkington 0 0 2 Tampa Bay Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 5 5 67 13.4 Short (0-8 Yds) 5 3 21 4.2 Medium (9-18 Yds) 11 6 97 8.8 Long (19+ Yds) 4 1 35 8.7 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 9 Manuel 25 15 1 2 4 0 3 0 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 89 Lopez 8 7 0 115 20 83 Stroman 4 1 1 3 20 82 Denning 4 2 0 24 20 23 Levy 2 0 1 0 18 20 Talkington 2 2 0 20 5 88 McGarry 2 1 0 3 14 26 Alvey 2 2 0 55 18 84 Martindale 1 0 0 0 4 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 58 Davis 0 25 78 Fleming 0 25 67 Kasowski 0 25 69 Ackerman 0 25 74 Bedell 0 23 23 Levy 0 18 20 Talkington 0 5 65 Galarza 0 2 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 79 Weiland 0.0 3 2 34 44 Means 0.0 0 0 35 32 Burgess 0.0 0 0 35 53 Grieco 0.0 0 0 35 38 Koch 0.0 0 0 35 43 Haugh 0.0 0 0 34 90 Williams 0.0 0 0 33 96 Dart 0.0 0 0 33 57 Luciano 0.0 0 1 17 59 Ruiz 0.0 0 0 26 34 Decoteau 0.0 0 0 18 94 Hickerson 0.0 0 0 15 99 Price 0.0 0 0 11 93 Compton 0.0 0 0 10 30 Bolen 0.0 0 0 9 97 Bussard 0.0 0 0 2 56 Steinberg 0.0 0 0 2 39 Ridley 0.0 0 0 1 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 38 Koch 4 0 0 35 53 Grieco 3 3 0 35 90 Williams 3 1 0 33 44 Means 1 1 0 35 32 Burgess 1 1 0 35 96 Dart 1 0 0 33 57 Luciano 1 0 0 17 39 Ridley 1 0 0 1 43 Haugh 0 2 0 34 59 Ruiz 0 1 1 26 79 Weiland 0 0 0 34 34 Decoteau 0 0 0 18 94 Hickerson 0 0 0 15 99 Price 0 0 0 11 93 Compton 0 0 0 10 30 Bolen 0 0 0 9 97 Bussard 0 0 0 2 56 Steinberg 0 0 0 2 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 53 Grieco 14 1 28 35 90 Williams 6 0 26 33 96 Dart 5 1 24 33 38 Koch 3 0 28 35 43 Haugh 3 0 26 34 59 Ruiz 2 5 26 26 32 Burgess 2 1 28 35 44 Means 2 0 28 35 57 Luciano 1 1 20 17 79 Weiland 1 0 28 34 93 Compton 1 0 16 10 56 Steinberg 1 0 2 2 39 Ridley 1 0 2 1 34 Decoteau 0 1 8 18 94 Hickerson 0 0 9 15 99 Price 0 0 3 11 30 Bolen 0 0 2 9 97 Bussard 0 0 4 2 Tucson Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 8 41 5.1 Middle 14 34 2.4 Right 6 28 4.6 None 0 0 0.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 68 Gregg 3 5 28 78 Odum 2 7 28 56 Pless 1 6 28 61 Perez 1 4 28 38 Sharp 1 3 24 71 Franck 0 2 28 87 Sheehy 0 1 25 9 Sawyer 0 0 1 Tucson Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 4 3 30 7.5 Short (0-8 Yds) 16 6 40 2.5 Medium (9-18 Yds) 13 5 64 4.9 Long (19+ Yds) 2 1 49 24.5 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 4 Hogan 35 15 1 3 9 3 3 1 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 24 Brumley 9 4 0 38 31 87 Sheehy 7 5 1 49 26 81 Markey 6 2 1 25 28 88 Lee 4 2 0 18 20 86 Yarbrough 2 1 0 49 4 38 Sharp 2 1 0 4 19 80 Higginbotham 2 0 1 0 23 84 Hills 2 0 0 0 18 22 Bradley 1 0 0 0 4 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 56 Pless 0 35 61 Perez 0 35 68 Gregg 0 35 78 Odum 0 35 71 Franck 0 35 38 Sharp 0 19 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 70 Neubauer 0.0 0 2 17 75 Grier 0.0 0 1 25 31 Enoch 0.0 0 0 25 79 Finley 0.0 0 0 25 40 Biggs 0.0 0 0 24 32 Hartung 0.0 0 0 24 58 Watford 0.0 0 0 24 99 Crowther 0.0 0 0 22 52 Wash 0.0 0 0 21 23 Dizon 0.0 0 0 20 97 Neuman 0.0 0 0 14 28 Yingling 0.0 0 0 12 94 Lopez 0.0 0 0 8 33 Maloney 0.0 0 0 5 59 Paredes 0.0 0 0 3 92 Bee 0.0 0 0 3 34 Vasquez 0.0 0 0 2 93 King 0.0 0 0 1 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 52 Wash 4 1 0 21 40 Biggs 2 1 0 24 97 Neuman 2 0 0 14 28 Yingling 2 0 0 12 31 Enoch 1 2 0 25 79 Finley 1 0 0 25 32 Hartung 1 0 0 24 99 Crowther 1 0 0 22 33 Maloney 1 0 0 5 75 Grier 0 0 0 25 58 Watford 0 0 0 24 23 Dizon 0 0 0 20 70 Neubauer 0 0 0 17 94 Lopez 0 0 0 8 59 Paredes 0 0 0 3 92 Bee 0 0 0 3 34 Vasquez 0 0 0 2 93 King 0 0 0 1 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 52 Wash 9 5 36 21 79 Finley 8 2 37 25 97 Neuman 6 3 26 14 32 Hartung 4 2 30 24 31 Enoch 4 1 37 25 58 Watford 3 3 37 24 40 Biggs 3 1 37 24 28 Yingling 3 0 12 12 75 Grier 2 2 36 25 23 Dizon 2 1 29 20 33 Maloney 2 1 9 5 99 Crowther 2 0 34 22 70 Neubauer 2 0 15 17 94 Lopez 0 2 23 8 59 Paredes 0 0 6 3 92 Bee 0 0 3 3 34 Vasquez 0 0 0 2 93 King 0 0 0 1

Quote:
Old 07-10-2004, 06:55 AM   #125
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Looking forward to the preview of our game Wade...
Old 07-10-2004, 07:55 AM   #126
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic flying froggies
Looking forward to the preview of our game Wade...

Yeah.. I hope I can get it done maybe while I am at work today (I do not normally work on Saturdays... normally a 9-5 office job.. well.. 6-3 really)...

If I do not get it done at work it is going to be super-hard to get done because I am working on putting an offer in on a house. So, cross your fingers!

Quote:
Old 07-10-2004, 09:12 AM   #127
wade moore
lolzcat

Week 7 Preview:
Tampa Bay Torpedos(8-3) (-1)
AT
Detroit Vampires (8-3)

OVERVIEW

While Detroit (4th - 68) is 2 spots behind Tampa Bay (2nd - 76) in the Power Rankings for the American Conference, that does not tell the full story. The Vampires are led by one of the top defenses in the league. They are 6th in ypc (3.57), 8th in ypa (6.09), 4th in ppg (13.5), and an often overlooked stat - they are 1st in 3rd down conversions (32.9). This team has accomplished much of their success on defense with the most aggressive pass rush in the league. They have 37 sacks on the season, more than any other team in the league. This has been done with 3 of the 4 down linemen having over 5.0 sacks (DT Haley, DT Cassidy, DE Bouchette) and ILB Thibeault having 5.0 sacks. So, the rush is coming from all sides. This is against a Tampa offense that has done well against the pass rush only allowing 19 sacks, but with a QB that has tended to flounder under heavy pressure.

KEY MATCHUPS

TBY RT Maynard Bedell vs. DET DE Kirk Bouchette

Bouchette has been the most dominating of the DET defensive linemen. This has been a breakout sophomore season for him, where he has already more than trippled his sack production with 6.5 sacks. He also has 2 blocks and 8 hurries. He is still developing a bit in run defense with only 13 tackles and 9 assists this year, but with the big DT's next to him he is able to concentrate on the pass rush. Bedell is the "old vet" on this very young TBY offensive line with 4 years of experience. He has yet to have a test as serious as this one this season, and it could be dangerous for Manuel. Without a serious test, Bedell has allowed 4 Sacks for a SPct of 1.3. His strong is in the run game, where he is 20/58 on KrBs for 34.4%. If Bedell does not step it up, the passing game could really struggle for TBY.

DET RB Jeffrey Threats vs TBY DLine

The Detroit Running game has struggled all season, managing 18th in ypc (3.74) and yards (1,222). To add to their woes, starting RB Wadsworth hyperextended his elbow last week, making him unfit to play this week. So, backup RB Threats comes in to face a TBY defense that is 8th in rushing yards (1,153) and 17th in ypc (3.80).

DET T James Russell vs TBY DE Chris Weiland

Weiland has been one fo the surprise players of the season, and he is licking his chops to face the inexperienced Russell. With the starting LT Loudermilk out with a dislocated shoulder for the last 6 weeks and for 5 more, Russell has been thrust into a starting role. In that role he has struggled. He has thus far done surprisingly well against the pass rush, allowing only 1 sack in 155 pass plays (0.6) percent. But he is still shaky in the spot and has done miserable in the run game, going 3/21 on KrBs (14.2%). Weiland has of course made himself known to the league with 11.0 sacks (2nd[T]), 8 blocks (1st), 23 Hurries (1st[T]), and a 10.9 PRPct (1st).

KEYS TO WINNING

Tampa Bay Torpedos
Code:
[1] Shut-down the run game [2] Protect Manuel [3] Harass QB Mathias
Las Vegas Crawfish
Code:
[1] Contain Elias Alvey [2] Avoid turnovers [3] Build lead early

FINAL THOUGHTS

I think the injury to Wadsworth is going to be key in this game. As a change-up back, Threats has a respectable 3.79 ypc, but it is very different when you get the ball 20 times per game. The only way I see Detroit coming out of this one with a W is if they harrass Manuel so much that he throws 2+ Ints.

PREDICTION
Tampa Bay by 7

Quote:

Last edited by wade moore : 07-10-2004 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:17 AM   #128
wade moore
lolzcat

Ok Triple-F, time for a rebuttle....

I think you should do the same thing I did in the same format

Quote:
Old 07-12-2004, 04:10 AM   #129
Pro Rookie

problem is, there's nothing to rebutt...I agree with what you said...Injuries are starting to kill me, methinks i'm in for a long end to the season...
I basically have no running game anymore and my passing game sucks !

My D needs to step up real big in order for me to have a shot at winning...
Old 07-12-2004, 05:36 AM   #130
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic flying froggies
problem is, there's nothing to rebutt...I agree with what you said...Injuries are starting to kill me, methinks i'm in for a long end to the season...
I basically have no running game anymore and my passing game sucks !

My D needs to step up real big in order for me to have a shot at winning...

Ok, I can see your argument there!

Yeah, it's not so much that you have a TON of injuries as it is that you have a TON of injuries in crucial spots... It seems that you relied relatively heavily on the run game, and without that RB things are going to be tough... However, I still do not think this is anywhere close to a gimme for the Torpedoes... your team is 8-3 for a reason, one or two players is not going to all of a sudden make you a pushover...

If you continue to get the pressure on the QB that you have, I think that is your true key to winning.. Manuel is by NO means a stud at QB (might be in the long run, but not now) and he really struggles under a heavy pass rush.. we have been able to avoid it so far, but I don't think we will against you..

Quote:
Old 07-12-2004, 07:03 AM   #131
Pro Rookie

The surprising thing about my pass rush is that I really have a bunch of overachievers. Bouchette is a prime example, he really doesn't have ratings that justify his stats. It does give me a lot of confidence for the future though, as I have a very young team, with many future stars. I can foresee salary cap trouble in 3 or 4 years, which is the main reason why I am very cautious with FA offers right now.

Probably due to my coaching, eh ?
Old 07-12-2004, 07:05 AM   #132
Pro Rookie

dola - *shakes head and wonders if we're ever get that midweek file download fixed...*
Old 07-12-2004, 07:24 AM   #133
wade moore
lolzcat

Yeah, I have that to a certain extent with DE Chris Weiland. I've chronicled before how he has monster numbers, especially since we're in a 3-4. But his ratings put him at maybe a bit above average, not the most dominant DE in the league... which he is right now...

As for the file.. yeah.. I have a rotation for my dynasty and my IHOF stuff and being off a day just screws everything up... last week was rough with the holiday as it was! ugh! But, that's alright.. luckily for me I did not need the midweek file...

Quote:
Old 07-15-2004, 06:42 AM   #134
Pro Rookie

Keys to winning for Detroit :

[1] Contain Elias Alvey - check 80 yds only on 28 carries, no TD, probably one of his worse games this season
[2] Avoid turnovers - check (just one desperate times INT )
[3] Build lead early - check, leading 10-0.

And yet, we lose...
Old 07-15-2004, 06:42 AM   #135
Pro Rookie

Quote:
PREDICTIONTampa Bay by 7

Right on the money ! Nice one Wade !
Old 07-15-2004, 08:42 PM   #136
wade moore
lolzcat

Yeah, great game FFF!

Like I said on the CFL forum... RL and work life (i guess they're the same) ahve been crazy and will be crazy possible until after the next sim... so you won't see a full write-up for a bit...

Quote:
Old 07-17-2004, 11:06 AM   #137
wade moore
lolzcat

Week 13 Review:
Tampa Bay Torpedos(8-3) (-1)
AT
Detroit Vampires (8-3)

HIGHLIGHTS

1st Quarter | 08:26 - DET misses an opportunity to score first.
Code:
4-02-TBY26 (08:26) DET 18 Seigler attempted a 43 yard field goal and missed wide to the right.
2nd Quarter | 09:21 - Set up a 3 yard TD run by Harwood. 0-7.
Code:
3-11-TBY25 (09:21) DET 16 Mathias pass completed to 84 Infante for 22 yards. Tackled by TBY 90 Williams.
2nd Quarter | 03:42 - Two false starts take the Torpedoes out of FG range. 0-7.
Code:
4-03-DET31 (03:42) Penalty: TBY - False Start. 4-08-DET36 (03:42) Penalty: TBY - False Start.
2nd Quarter | 00:33 - DET does what TBY usually does, scoring just before the half. Seigler somewhat makes up for the earlier miss with a long one. 0-10.
Code:
4-05-TBY37 (00:33) DET 18 Seigler attempted a 54 yard field goal and succeeded.
3rd Quarter | 09:46 - In an uncharacteristic play, a long pass gets TBY within 3. 7-10.
Code:
1-10-DET49 (09:46) TBY 9 Manuel pass completed to 89 Lopez for 49 yards and a touchdown! Extra point by TBY 7 Cooper was good.
4th Quarter | 07:57 - Another long pass sets up a 23 yard FG for Cooper. 10-10.
Code:
2-05-TBY42 (07:57) TBY 9 Manuel pass completed to 88 McGarry for 33 yards. Tackled by DET 24 Carleton.
4th Quarter | 02:08 - HUGE penalty that set-up an 8 yard run by Rhodes with 0:32 left. 17-10.
Code:
4-06-DET43 (02:08) TBY 17 Ackerman punted 42 yards from the DET43. The ball was downed at the DET01. Penalty: DET - Roughing the Kicker. Offical time out for the two-minute warning.
4th Quarter | 00:06 - The Int kills any hope that DET had of making a comeback. 17-10.
Code:
2-10-DET14 (00:06) DET 16 Mathias pass was intercepted by TBY 38 Koch at the DET30. The interception was returned 0 yards. Tackled by DET 82 Ramirez.

PLAY OF THE GAME

4th Quarter | 02:08 - HUGE penalty that set-up an 8 yard run by Rhodes with 0:32 left. 17-10.
Code:
4-06-DET43 (02:08) TBY 17 Ackerman punted 42 yards from the DET43. The ball was downed at the DET01. Penalty: DET - Roughing the Kicker. Offical time out for the two-minute warning.

SCORE: TBY 17 DET 10

QB Manuel: 13 for 28, 208 Yards, 1 TD, 0 Int, 3 Sacks, 6 Defensed, 1 Blocked, 6 Hurries

QB Manuel: 13 for 28, 208 Yards, 1 TD, 0 Int, 3 Sacks, 6 Defensed, 1 Blocked, 6 Hurries

OTHER KEY PLAYERS

TBY
RT Bedell: 4/6 KrBs, 0 Sacks Allowed
WR Lopez: 7 Catches, 80 Yards, 1 TD

DET
RB Harwood: 16 Carries, 61 Yards, 1 TD
Haley: 5 Tackles, 2 Assists, 1 Sack, 3 Hurries

STAT DOGGIES
TBY
RB Alvey: 28 Carries, 80 Yards, 2 Receptions, 28 Yards
LG Kasowski: 1/5 Key Run Blocks

DET
QB Mathias: 16 for 31, 140 Yards, 0 TD, 1 Int, 1 Sack, 2 Dropped, 5 Defensed, 2 Blocked, 4 Hurries

KEY MATCHUPS REVISITED

TBY RT Maynard Bedell vs. DET DE Kirk Bouchette

RT Bedell: 4/6 KrBs, 0 Sacks Allowed
DE Bouchette: 2 Tackles, 0 Sacks, 0 Hurries

The Detroit DL got a lot of pressure on Manuel, but not from Bouchette or on Bedell. The veteran Tackle dominated this game and showed that Kasowski and Ackerman are not the only linemen worth watching on the Torpedoes.

DET RB Jeffrey Threats vs TBY DLine

RB Threats: 5 Carries, 12 Yards

Threats struggled as he was shut-down by the Tampa DL. The other backup, Harwood, actually had more success.

DET T James Russell vs TBY DE Chris Weiland
T Russell: 2/5 KrBs, 1 Sack Allowed
DE Weiland: 2 Tackles, 1 Assist, 1 Defensed, 1 Pass Block, 2 Hurries

Russell performed better than expected in the run game, but it was not enough. Weiland was able to stay in the QBs face through a fair chunk of the game.

SYNOPSIS

Out of character, Manuel avoids mistakes in the face of a heavy pass rush. Manuel seems to be slowly coming into his potential and has been aided by Alvey in the background throughout the season. I suspect big things from Manuel in the future.

INJURY NEWS:

Code:
Player # Pos Start Health Injury Full Strn. #Montalvo, Benjamin 22 SS Out Torn Triceps Musc12 Weeks cGarry, Eric 88 FL Questionable Sprained Knee 3 Weeks lvey, Elias 26 RB RB Probable Shoulder Tendinit1 Week #Rea, Hassan 50 SLB Probable Compound Leg Frac5 Weeks #Russell, Gordon 81 TE 100%

Quote:
Old 07-18-2004, 05:53 PM   #138
wade moore
lolzcat

Unfortunately, I will miss my game preview for the first time ever..

RL is in the way at the moment as I just had a bid accepted for a house yesterday and we are closing in less than 30 days.. So, I have some things I've had to do this weekend..

Sorry for those reading this... if anyone is!

Quote:
Old 07-18-2004, 09:49 PM   #139
Taco
High School JV

I'm reading! Just don't miss your preview next week when you travel to Durham. Motormouth is waiting for you and the rest of the Torpedes!
Old 07-19-2004, 01:42 AM   #140
3ric
College Starter

I read every word posted in this thread.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:04 AM   #141
wade moore
lolzcat

Well, that's good news!

I won't miss Durham, don't you worry... we already shut motormouth up once, we look forward to doing it again!

Quote:
Old 07-20-2004, 03:36 AM   #142
wade moore
lolzcat

Week 14 Review:
Arizona Outlaws(4-8)
AT
Tampa Bay Torpedoes(9-3)

HIGHLIGHTS

1st Quarter | 09:48 - Ended ARI's drive and gave great field position (2 yard line).
Code:
3-11-ARI39 (09:48) ARI 17 Paz pass was intercepted by TBY 53 Grieco at the ARI47. The interception was returned 45 yards. Tackled by ARI 62 Tobar.
1st Quarter | 08:54 - Ruined the great field position from the previous Int.
Code:
2-01-ARI01 (08:54) TBY 9 Manuel pass was intercepted by ARI 27 Walton in the end zone. Touchback.
1st Quarter | 04:12 - Williams makes sure Manuel will not give away field position. 0-7
Code:
3-08-ARI49 (04:12) ARI 17 Paz pass was intercepted by TBY 90 Williams at the TBY38. The interception was returned 62 yards for a touchdown! Extra point by TBY 7 Cooper was good.
3rd Quarter | 13:53 - After an earlier FG, this leads to the second Cooper FG of the day. 0-13
Code:
3-04-ARI26 (13:53) ARI 17 Paz pass was intercepted by TBY 44 Means at the ARI34. The interception was returned 19 yards. Tackled by ARI 80 Black.
3rd Quarter |07:24 - Cuts the TBY lead to 10. 3-13
Code:
4-06-TBY24 (07:24) ARI 5 Panetta attempted a 41 yard field goal and succeeded.
4th Quarter | 14:52 - Led to a 4 yard TD pass to Stroman. 3-20.
Code:
2-10-TBY31 (14:52) TBY 9 Manuel pass completed to 88 McGarry for 34 yards. Tackled by ARI 49 Jiles, assisted by ARI 51 Schumann.
4th Quarter | 05:35 - Icing on the cake. 3-27.
Code:
3-04-ARI04 (05:35) TBY 9 Manuel pass completed to 88 McGarry for 4 yards and a touchdown! Extra point by TBY 7 Cooper was good.

PLAY OF THE GAME

4th Quarter | 14:52 - Led to a 4 yard TD pass to Stroman. 3-20.
Code:
2-10-TBY31 (14:52) TBY 9 Manuel pass completed to 88 McGarry for 34 yards. Tackled by ARI 49 Jiles, assisted by ARI 51 Schumann.

SCORE: ARI 3 TBY 27

TBY DT Dart: 2 Tackles, 1 Assist, 2 Sacks, 1 Pass Block, 1 Hurry

TBY DT Dart: 2 Tackles, 1 Assist, 2 Sacks, 1 Pass Block, 1 Hurry

OTHER KEY PLAYERS

TBY
LB Ruiz: 9 Tackles, 2 Assists
DE Weiland: 3 Tackles, 1 Assist, 1 Hurry, 1 Punt Block

ARI
Tilghman: 10 Tackles, 4 Assists, .5 Sacks, 1 Pass Block, 3 Hurries

STAT DOGGIES
TBY
RB Alvey: 25 Carries, 70 Yards
QB Manuel: 15 for 30, 166 Yards, 2 TD, 3 Int, 1 Sack, 5 Defensed, 1 Blocked, 5 Hurries

ARI
QB Paz: 13 for 25, 129 Yards, 0 TD, 3 Int, 3 Sacks, 1 Bad Throw, 2 Defensed, 2 Blocked, 3 Hurries
RB Sonntag: 13 Carries, 26 Yards

SYNOPSIS

The defense really stepped it up this game. With the offense being mostly absent, they were able to create crucial turnovers and even a touchdown.

INJURY NEWS:
Code:
Player # Pos Start Health Injury Full Strn. ##Montalvo, Benjamin 22 SS Out Torn Triceps Musc11 Weeks McGarry, Eric 88 FL Questionable Sprained Knee 2 Weeks ##Rea, Hassan 50 SLB Probable Compound Leg Frac4 Weeks Alvey, Elias 26 RB RB 100%

Quote:
Old 07-21-2004, 03:29 AM   #143
wade moore
lolzcat

Week 15 Preview:
Tampa Bay Torpedoes(10-3) (-7)
AT
Durham Bulldogs(4-9)

OVERVIEW

This is a rematch of our week 10 divisional game. In that game, the Durham QB Pitts was consistently harrassed by the Tampa Bay defense. Dart had a career day with 3 sacks, and the team as a whole had 6 sacks, 4 hurries, and 10 defensed passes. The following game, 2004 3rd round pick Lester was inserted as the starting QB. In 3 games so far, it has looked like the right decision. Lester has a higher comp % (60.0 to 57.1), ypa (5.80 to 5.58), TD/Int ratio (4/3 to 5/12), and rating (76.9 to 62.3). Lester's record is less than stellar so far at 1-2, but Pitts is only sitting at 11-15 on his career. However, Lester has yet to go up against the tough Tampa Bay secondary which has made several of the leagues top QB's struggle. The team is ranked 1st in ypa (5.42) and 4th in passing yards (2419). In addition, 3 of the Tampa DB's are in the top 15 for passes defensed, including S Burgess who is 1st with 22. In addition, Lester will have to deal with the Tampa Bay pass rush that sacked Pitts 6 times and hurried him 4.

Outside of the Durham QB situation, here is how the matchup looks. Durham's offense relies heavily on the QB position, since they are 22nd in ypc (3.58) and 26th (T) overall in rushing yards (1237). This up against a Tampa defense that is 16th in ypc (3.77) does not bode well for Durham. On defense, Durham is solid against the run as they are 11th in ypc (3.67) which should prove tough for the Tampa offense that is 11th in ypc (3.89), but 7th in rushing yards (1725). However, this is Alvey's first week healthy after 4 weeks playing hurt. Durham is very weak in pass defense, coming in 31st in ypa (7.29) and 27th in yards allowed (2866). Tampa's passing offense is not stellar, but has improved over the last few weeks and is 20th in ypa (6.28) and 26th in yards (2231).

KEY MATCHUPS

TBY RB Elias Alvey vs. DUR DLine

The last game that Alvey had 100 yards was the week 10 matchup against Durham in which he got hurt. In that game, he had 112 yards and rushed for 4.0 ypc. Alvey was at one time a serious contender for the MVP title, but has had a dropoff. The injury was a piece of it and he finally dropped to 2nd in the league in rushing yards this week. If he has a good showing this game he could put his name back into consideration, but it will be tough against this Durham DLine that is 11th in ypc. They have two DT's that have over 40 tackles who look to smother Alvey.

DUR QB Kenneth Lester vs TBY Secondary

I think I beat this matchup to death quite a bit. Lester needs to outperform his counterpart Pitts against the Torpedoes or it could be a blowout.

DUR G Darren Honea vs TBY NT Lincoln Dart

Dart had a career game in week 10 with 3.0 sacks. However, it was against backup G Graham. Honea has performed quite well agains the pass rush this year, allowing only 1 sack in 259 pass plays (0.3 Sack Pct). However, he is terrible in the rushing game where he is 2/24 in KrBs (8.3%). Look for Dart to disrupt this rookie QB just like he did the veteran.

KEYS TO WINNING

Tampa Bay Torpedos
Code:
[1] Get Elias Alvey back on track [2] Pressure QB [3] Avoid turnovers
Durham Bulldogs
Code:
[1] Develop some sense of a running game [2] Minimize mistakes by Lester [3] contain the Tampa DLine

FINAL THOUGHTS

The earlier game was a bit of a blowout. I do not expect that here. We are in a tough division that makes Durham look worse than they are. If they did not have to play within the division, they would be 4-5. This same plague hit Tampa last year and look what we have shown in 2004. At any rate, I expect the struggles of the Rookie QB to be the main difference in this one.

PREDICTION
Tampa Bay by 7

Quote:

Last edited by wade moore : 07-21-2004 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:29 AM   #144
wade moore
lolzcat

And Taco's rebuttle...

Quote:
Old 07-21-2004, 12:40 PM   #145
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
And Taco's rebuttle...

How bout sovstar's rebuttle? Durham by 6.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:51 PM   #146
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
How bout sovstar's rebuttle? Durham by 6.

Oh i see... you're getting all "I'm the badass 11-1 division leader" on me eh?

I'll be interested to see who is right..

Quote:
Old 07-21-2004, 12:53 PM   #147
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Actually I'm 12-1. I guess I need to update my sig!
Old 07-21-2004, 01:06 PM   #148
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Actually I'm 12-1. I guess I need to update my sig!

Blah blah blah...

I have one more shot to take a small nick out of that pedestal buddy!

Quote:
Old 07-21-2004, 02:16 PM   #149
duckman
Pro Starter

Quote:
Week 15 Preview:
AT

Did we go back in time?????
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”

Last edited by duckman : 07-21-2004 at 02:17 PM.
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:07 PM   #150
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman
Did we go back in time?????

Oops, fixed!

Good to know you're reading btw!

Quote: