8. Oklahoma
9. Kansas State
10. Boise State
11. Texas
12. Iowa
13. Texas A&M
14. Miamia
15. California

I did not write down any of the BCS numbers, just the rankings.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:22 AM   #103
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Week 10

#3 at #2

Now talk about wild. We are sitting at a #3 ranking, and we are going into an SEC game against Auburn, who is ranked #2. I tell some of the freshman with us, that this is the closest thing to a bowl type atmosphere they will see in the regular season.

It's a sellout crowd as we head into the stadium for the kick off.

1st Quarter

We get the game started off properly, as we move the ball down the field on our first series, keeping Auburn on their heels as we go play action and run all over.

J.C., on a 2nd and short, spots Bain open across the back of the end zone and launches it. Bain comes up with it.

Georgia 7 Auburn 0

2nd Quarter

Not that active as far as scoring or events, just two evenly matched teams going at it.

Auburn ends up kicking a 34 yard FG.

Georgia 7 Auburn 3

Following the FG, towards the end of the half, Jarvis Jackson ends up getting an INT.

3rd Quarter

We try to get things started off right, as Tra Battle gets the INT and sets us up well.

We move the ball down the field on Auburn like we did in the first quarter. However, as we set up the pass to score, Auburn pulls the INT in the end zone.

They then proceed to march the 80 yards down the field to get the TD on a 2 yard pass.

Georgia 7 Auburn 10

4th Quarter

Auburn gets the ball back, and moves down the field, they are dishing us, runs by the HB, FB, and QB...and then they set us up for the play action.

It gets us, and they score from 38 yards out.

Georgia 7 Auburn 17

We are able to answer, moving down the field, and Kregg takes the TD from 5 yards out.

Georgia 14 Auburn 17

Auburn then busts out a little running game magic on us. Their back refused to go down, I hit him hard, and he stumbled, placing his hand on the ground to steady, he then spins from Kelin, and it is a foot race between him and the rest of the defense. He is able to win the 69 yard dash, and get the TD.

Georgia 14 Auburn 24

Our next series was pretty punchy, as tempers flared several times, and we pushed into FG range. Andy Bailey managed to strike the 38 yard FG.

Georgia 17 Auburn 24

With just over a minute left in the game, we attempt the onsides kick, which we were unable to recover.

We have all 3 of our time outs left.

A run up the gut, gives Auburn the first and then some. We let them eat the clock, and then they attempt a run again, and we stuff them, and promptly call the time out.

2nd down, another run, this time we greet the back inthe backfield for a loss. Again, we call a time out.

3rd down and long, they have no choice but to attempt a pass for the first down to try and keep our offense off the field. They drop back, the QB rolls to his right, and launches the ball. Thomas Flowers steps in front of it and gets the bat down.

4th down and long, 20 seconds left in the game, and we are looking at the fact we might have to drive 80+ yards in those 20 seconds. Auburn punts it, Demiko Goodman is back to receive.

The ball is a solid punt, Demiko drops back to our 17, and takes off to the left, he jukes one, two, three, and is now behind the wall, he takes it up the field, with only the punter to beat, he acts like he is going right, but cuts back to the outside, leaving the punter with his jock strap around his ankles. He strides into the End zone! TD! We tie the game with 10 seconds left in the game!

Georgia 24 Auburn 24

Auburn has a chance to win the game, but that is on deep passes, so we end up blitzing me, and dropping DB's and the other LB's into coverage, maybe we can force a fumble and run it in for the win.

I blitz from the outside, this time I was able to hide it more, or maybe they didn't expect it, but I was able to get to the QB, and as I was making the hit, I swatted the ball out of his hands, it bounced off of one of our players hands as he tried to pick it up, but Auburn was able to recover it.

Time did expire after this.

Overtime

What to say here? Auburn was the recepient of lady lucks kindness this day. A pass to a wide open Leonard Pope in the end zone, bounces off of his hands and into an Auburn defenders. He is able to return it out of the end zone.

So we are now left to shut Auburn down, either push them back, out of FG range, or if they are in FG, block it.

We were able to push them back, but not to far.

They line up for the 40 yard FG, and they nail it, and get the win.

Georgia 24 Auburn 27

FINAL

Georgia 24 Auburn 27

Last edited by MacroGuru : 09-05-2005 at 10:24 AM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 10:23 AM   #104
MacroGuru
Coordinator

What a wild finish to a wild game.

Demiko has been amazing as a return man this season, and he is working wonders for us.

My stats for the Auburn game were solid.

6 tackles, 3 tackles for loss, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 forced fumble.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:28 AM   #105
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Week 11 Top 25

Last edited by MacroGuru : 09-05-2005 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:31 AM   #106
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Week 11 BCS Rankings

1. Auburn
2. USC
3. OSU
4. Notre Dame
5. Oklahoma
6. Tennessee
7. Kansas State
8. Florida
9. Georgia
10. Iowa
11. Texas A&M
12. Miami
13. Nebraska
14. California
15. South Carolina
Old 09-05-2005, 10:38 AM   #107
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Award SemiFinalists

Alright the following Georgia players are semi finalists for their respective awards

Maxwell
HB Kregg Lumpkin

Bednarik
OLB Avery Thomas

Walker
HB Kregg Lumpkin

Best TE
Leonard Pope

Best OL
G Josh Brock
T Ken Shackleford
T Daniel Inman

Rimington
C Ryan Schnetzner

Lombardi
DE Charles Johnson

Best LB
Avery Thomas

Thorpe
CB Paul Oliver
FS Kelin Johnson

Best Punter
P Gordon Ely-Kelso

Best Return Man
Demiko Goodman
Old 09-05-2005, 10:41 AM   #108
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Week 11 was a bye for us, which also means I forgot to write down the Week 12 Top 25.

I actually completed the season last night, so I have the following games to post

Ole Miss
South Carolina
Georgia Tech
Bowl Game
Old 09-05-2005, 05:11 PM   #109
TonyR
High School Varsity

Tough loss in OT. Should still help that they are now ranked #1.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:32 PM   #110
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorsoccersim
Bednarik
OLB Avery Thomas

Best LB
Avery Thomas

Go Avery! I knew it... You GOTTA import him in Madden...
Old 09-06-2005, 05:22 PM   #111
tucker342
Pro Starter

Great dynasty! What were the greatest games rating for those last two games? Cause they must have gotten a score
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:57 PM   #112
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker342
Great dynasty! What were the greatest games rating for those last two games? Cause they must have gotten a score

The Florida game wasn't in the rankings, but the Auburn game was #2 all time.....#1 was from a game last season.

Tennessee Game was #4
Old 09-08-2005, 09:20 AM   #113
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Just an FYI I do not know if I will get to posting the games this weekend as I am leaving Friday for my bro's bachelor party.

I won't be back till Saturday, and then I will have to be with the wife non stop...
Old 09-11-2005, 09:06 AM   #114
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Week 12

#6 G at

The bye week helped us heal up, and prepare thoroughly for Ole Miss. We have been picked to blow this team out, and I truly feel we will. Coach has stated we are in the game all the way, no matter what the score.

1st Quarter

The game starts out quite well for us. We force Mississippi to a three and out. We then give them a Heavy dose of Kregg and some nice mid range completions.

Eventually, Southerland takes it in from 1 yard out.

Georgia 7 Mississippi 0

The next series, we end up[blitzing Ole Miss, and sacking their QB, he goes down, and lands on his throwing arm awkward. It looks like he might be out for the game.

The next play, I blitz in from the outside and catch their backup for a sack. Setting them into a 3rd and long play that they do not complete.

The next string for us, results in a 39 yard TD pass to A.J. Bryant.

Georgia 14 Mississippi 0

Some back and forth play happens, but towards the end of the first quarter, I blitz from the inside, and get to the QB, slapping the ball out of his hands. I am credited the sack and a forced fumble. However, we failed to recover the fumble.

2nd Quarter

News is, their QB will be returning to the game, he just has a bruised shoulder.

After the punt return, we move the ball down the field, until it is fumbled by Southerland on a FB dive up the middle.

The next play, I blitz from the outside, strong arming my way by the Tackle, and getting the sack, setting them up for a 2nd and long situation.

We try to throw their QB off, by blitzing and going man up, instead of zone. He recognized the coverage and then went over the top on a quick release, he was able to complete it as the WR blew right by Paul Oliver and sprinted 83 yards for the TD.

Georgia 14 Mississippi 7

We start moving the ball down the field, using a solid combination of the run game with the play action pass, we are sitting on their 4, and attempt another FB dive, and Southerland puts the ball on the ground again, and we watch Mississippi recover it.

They start moving the ball down field. It's at about the MF when they try a swing route to the back. He catches it, and starts to turn upfield, he had not noticed me, and I cleaned his clock, the collision rocked the stadium, and he literally folded in on himself as he dropped the ball. He stayed on the ground a bit, but Paul Oliver scooped up the fumble, and out raced a shocked offense 53 yards down the field for a TD.

Georgia 21 Mississippi 7

3rd Quarter

We open the 2nd half with the ball, and another solid drive ensues, and before you know it, we are in the red zone. But this time, the Mississippi defense stiffens up, and forces on a 3rd and goal. We try to force the pass, and it is tipped, and picked by their LB on the 1 yard line.

We just pinned our ears back and went after them, they were able to move the ball outside of their 10, but that was it. They end up punting.

We get the ball back at about MF, and just drive it down the field, and J.C. eventually hits Southerland on a swing pass for a 5 yard TD.

Georgia 28 Mississippi 7

We start blitzing and mixing the coverages more frequently now as we are realizing their QB is not seeing the field that well.

I am able to come in from the outside, and slam into the QB, getting another sack.

The next play, I am blitzing again, and their QB must be concerned, because he rushed his throw and Jarvis Jackson was able to pull the wobbly ball down, and get the INT.

We start churning down the field again, this time all ground and Kregg finally gets his TD, this one from 6 yards out.

Georgia 35 Mississippi 7

A quick 3 and out by Mississippi, allows us to move the ball down the field with ease. This time J.C. audibles out of the run, and is able to get the match up he wanted with A.J. on the outside. He completes the pass for a 32 yard TD.

Georgia 42 Mississippi 7

4th Quarter

I am able to come off the side again, and get another sack, this time it forces a 3rd and long. Again, one they are not able to complete.

We start moving the ball on the return, but coach is trying to get a little tricky, and go to the air, on an option pass. J.C. ends up throwing the INT.

Mississippi attempts to nut it up, and pounds it at ass. They eventually take it in from 7 yards out.

Georgia 42 Mississippi 14

The tighten up on us, and force us in a 3rd and long situation, so J.C. goes to the air, and hits Leonard Pope for 47 yard TD strike.

Georgia 49 Mississippi 14

A quick 3 and out, and we are back moving the ball down the field. Southerland gets his 3rd TD of the day, this one another 1 yard dive up the middle.

Georgia 56 Mississippi 14

I pick up my 6th sack of the day, forcing the 3 and out.

We then in turn, just churn the ground game with our back ups in, down the field. Our backup FB, Chase Green, ends up getting his first TD of the season as he takes it in from 1 yard out.

Georgia 63 Mississippi 14

FINAL

Georgia 63 Mississippi 14

Old 09-11-2005, 09:08 AM   #115
MacroGuru
Coordinator

What a great game, we kept the presurre applied and never let up against Ole Miss.

My stats for the game garnered me Player of the Game and of the Week honors.

13 tackles, 9 For Loss, 6 Sacks, 1 Pass Deflection, and 2 forced fumbles.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:15 AM   #116
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Week 13 Top 25

Old 09-11-2005, 09:16 AM   #117
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Week 13 BC Rankings

1. Auburn
2. OSU
3. Notre Dame
4. Oklahoma
5. Florida
6. Georgia
7. California
8. Iowa
9. Miamia
10. Nebraska
11. USC
12. Tennessee
13. Texas
14. Louisville
15. South Carolina
Old 09-11-2005, 09:19 AM   #118
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Surfing the web, I have also noticed they have posted the Award Finalists. That is basically the top 3 players for the award.

Right now, the following Georgia Bulldogs are award Finalists...

Bednarik
OLB Avery Thomas

Best OL
G Josh Brock
T Ken Shackleford
T Daniel Inman

Best LB
Avery Thomas

Best Punter
P Gordon Ely-Kelso

Best Return Man
Demiko Goodman

Right now, all of them are ranked #1, and we are guranteed one award at the OL.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:15 PM   #119
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Week 13

#5 at #16

Looking at the way things are panning out, we have managed to do alright this season. So far, J.C. has become our starting QB due to his mobility, A.J. and Kregg have stepped up their offensive performance, and our defense has been solid, except for the big plays we tend to give up.

Visiting South Carolina is going to put us into hostile territory and they are definately looking to shut us down after the whipping they took last season.

1st Quarter

The game starts off with us trading some shots, attempting to go deep, and just plain old testing each other out.

Eventually we were able to turn the tables on South Carolina with Tra Battle snagging the INT and setting us up for good field position.

We grind it out and Kregg takes it in from 2 yards out.

Georgia 7 South Carolina 0

2nd Quarter

South Carolina turns it around on us in the second, by setting themselves up with the INT, and then quickly attacking with a 30 yard TD pass

Georgia 7 South Carolina 7

Not wanting to go down like that, J.C. on a 2nd and short situation, runs the play action and hits A.J. Bryant down the side for a 29 yard TD pass.

Georgia 14 South Carolina 7

Now we are just trading blows as South Carolina follows up with a 29 yard TD Pass.

Georgia 14 South Carolina 14

With time slowly ticking away at the half, and us kicking at the start of the 2nd half, we grind out the rest of the half and Andy Bailey comes in to kick the 25 yard FG.

Georgia 17 South Carolina 14

3rd Quarter

The 3rd turns into the South Carolina show as we are not able to get it together.

With their opening drive, they move the ball down the field and then score on a 26 yard TD Pass.

Georgia 17 South Carolina 21

The next series, we fumble, and they recover. We are able to tighten it down, and force the FG. They nail the 49 yard FG

Georgia 17 South Carolina 24

Another fumble by us, sets South Carolina up in a sweet spot. However, on the defense we are able to hold them, and they are held to a 25 yard FG

Georgia 17 South Carolina 27

We fumble it again, with South Carolina recovering to end the quarter.

4th Quarter

We are able to hold them and forcethe punt.

J.C. then leads the offense on a solid march down the field, he eventually finds Demiko Goodman running the post corner route and hits him for a 37 yard TD Pass.

Georgia 24 South Carolina 27

South Carolina starts to move the ball down the field, and end up in our territory. They are playing the cat and mouse game against us. We call the time out, the make the play, we call the time out...we burn all but one time out, and they end up kicking the 43 yard FG and forcing us to drive the field with 35 seconds remaining.

Georgia 24 South Carolina 30

What can you say, a solid kick return by Demiko Goodman puts us with the ball at our 40.

J.C. then lines up, and runs a play action, and catches a streaking A.J. Bryant on the sideline, he catches, and it brought down at the 1 yard line.

It's rough, we have 29 seconds left, we call the dive to Southerland, and he is stuffed, and we take the timeout.

Coach talks it over on the sideline, he admits his concern is if we pass it, we will get the INT and end the game, so he opts to pound it.

They come out, lining up in the power I, and hand off to Kregg, and he powers his way in from the 1 yard line and gets the go ahead TD.

Georgia 31 South Carolina 30

South Carolina is stuffed on the kick return at their 25. We have roughly 23 seconds to hold them.

We shut them down, and they take all three time outs. They complete a third and long.

They start trying to hit us on the out routes. The first play, they complete and get out of bounds, the second play they complete it but are unable to get out, the clock is ticking, they have no more time outs. They are running a hurry up, and we audible trying to get deep coverage, they catch us in a shift, and complete the deep pass, their receiver is on the 15, the 10, the 6, and is brought down from behind by Paul Oliver...

Paul saved the game for us! Paul saved the game! We are able to scatch this one out!

FINAL

Georgia 31 South Carolina 30

Old 09-14-2005, 09:18 PM   #120
MacroGuru
Coordinator

What a wild game that I managed to be non existent in.

I ended up with 4 tackles, 1 For Loss, and 1 Pass Deflection.

Kregg Lumpkin ended up getting the player of the game, and was greeted this week that he is 4th on the Heisman watch list. Meanwhile, I have been receiving notice for it, which will help. I don't think it will pan out this year for me.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:21 PM   #121
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Smile

Week 14 Top 25

Last edited by MacroGuru : 09-14-2005 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:22 PM   #122
MacroGuru
Coordinator

WK 14 BCS Rankings

1. Auburn
2. Notre Dame
3. Oklahoma
4. Florida
5. Georgia
6. California
7. Iowa
8. Nebraska
9. Miami
10. USC
11. OSU
12. Tennessee
13. Michigan
14. Texas
15. Kansas State
Old 09-14-2005, 09:37 PM   #123
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Week 14

at #4

The rivalry game, the hated Yellow Jackets coming to our home stadium. Last year, they shocked us. This year, we will crash their little party. We do not plan on losing the last conference game of the year, not with the #4 Ranking.

1st Quarter

We get the game started off properly moving the ball down the field, and eventually, J.C. ends up connecting with Demiko Goodman for a 16 yard TD pass.

GT 0 Georgia 7

We hold GT, and are able to turn around and move back down into their territory, however, they were able to stop us, and force the 52 yard field goal. Andy Bailey nails this field goal, with some distance to spare.

GT 0 Georgia 10

I am able to rack up in 2 sacks with this series to force the 3rd and long, and force the punt.

Some slugging goes on towards the end of the quarter, and we finally come out of it with another field goal. This one from 34 yards out.

GT 0 Georgia 13

2nd Quarter

More movement up and down the field by us, but we are not punching it like we normally could, GT is just ruining the TD's for our red zone offense. Eventually, we are able to hit a 27 yard FG

GT 0 Georgia 16

Finally, GT has an answer for us, and it is a big play, and 82 yard TD Pass to be exact on a 2nd and long.

GT 7 Georgia 16

Again, the GT defense toughens up in the red zone and forces another FG. This one with completed from 29 yards out.

GT 7 Georgia 19

GT moves the ball down the field on us, just churning the clock, and wearing us out defensively. Eventually, they were able to punch it in from 5 yards out.

GT 14 Georgia 19

And to round out the 3rd quarter, we bring Andy Bailey back on the field to kick a 44 yard FG for us, which he made. Andy is on fire today.

GT 14 Georgia 22

3rd Quarter

Starting off the half GT gets the ball, and I am able to step in front of the pass, and get the INT setting is in decent position.

We finally get the TD's going with us moving the ball down the field and finally having J.C. hit Demiko Goodman again for a TD, this time he came across the middle, deep in the end zone. The completion was for 17 yards and the TD.

GT 14 Georgia 29

I am able to make another play, this one, slapping the ball out of the running backs hands, and stop a solid GT drive, with us getting the ball back on our 30.

The very next series for us, we move the ball down the field, and eventually end up on GT 2. They stuff us on both first and 2nd down, and we were almost resigned to kick another FG when J.C. audibles out of the run play, and hits A.J. on a quick slant for a 3 yard TD.

GT 14 Georgia 36

4th Quarter

The game is all but over, the wind has been taken out of GT, but we want to rub it in some more.

We move down the field, and eventually stall in the red zone again. Andy comes out and nails a 26 yard FG.

GT 14 Georgia 39

GT tries to get something going, and is able to get within FG range and they do just that. Kicking the 51 yard field goal.

GT 17 Georgia 39

They attempt the onsides kick, which we recover, and promptly move down the field and rack another TD up. This was the 3rd connection between Demiko and J.C., this time from 23 yards out.

GT 17 Georgia 46

The rest of the game we have our back ups come in and actually hold and compete against a demoralized Georgia Tech team.

FINAL

GT 17 Georgia 46
Old 09-14-2005, 09:41 PM   #124
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Wild, crazy? I do not know what you would call the Georgia Tech game. I myself call it my breakout game.

It got the attention of the Heisman voters, but it also garnered the To Little To Late statement as well.

I ended up getting Player of the Game honors again.

This time with the following stats:

10 Tackles, 4 For Loss, 2 Sacks, 1 INT, and 1 Forced Fumble.

We also received our first commitment this time.

T Paul Justin
Waveryly Texas
4 Star tackle that is 6'6" and 326 lbs

The kid looks impressive.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:49 PM   #125
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Week 15 Top 25

Old 09-14-2005, 09:54 PM   #126
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Week 15 BCS Rankings

1. Notre Dame
2. Auburn
3. Flordia
4. Georgia
5. California
6. Iowa
7. OSU
8. USC
9. Miami
10. Tennessee
11. Oklahoma
12. Michigan
13. Texas
14. Kansas State
15. Washington
Old 09-14-2005, 10:16 PM   #127
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Bednarik Award
Avery Thomas

Linebacker of the Year
Avery Thomas

It was crazy when I was named as the receipent of these awards. My phone rang off the hook, from the press agencies, friends, and family trying to get a hold of me for congratulations and such.

I also have the seedier agents trying to convince me to leave early. To me, football is a means to get me where I need to go. That is my degree, and if possible, maybe a career in the NFL.

I was also awarded 1st Team All-SEC and 1st Team All-American.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:18 PM   #128
MacroGuru
Coordinator

It wasn't a fuzzy picture, but based upon our rankings, we did wait to see where we were going, just in case anything changed from Week 15 through the championship week.

Nothing did, and we accepted our invite to the:

We will be taking on 6th ranked Iowa in the bowl.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:24 PM   #129
MacroGuru
Coordinator

#6 at #3

I ran a quick sim of the game, as I was excited to move on to the new season.

I will just list the scores for you here, and then list my stats for the game at the end.

1st Quarter

Slugfest back and forth.
2nd Quarter
Iowa - 5 yd TD pass

3rd Quarter
Georgia - 5 yd TD pass to Mohammed Massoquoi
Iowa - 12 yd TD pass
Georgia - 1 yard TD pass to Demiko Goodman
Georgia - 4 yard TD run to Kregg Lumpkin

4th Quarter

Iowa - 25 yard FG
Georgia - 42 yard FG
Iowa - 12 yard TD pass
Iowa - 24 yard TD pass
Iowa - 6 yard TD Pass

FINAL

Iowa 38 Georgia 24

We choked in the 4th quarter, we must have partied a lot the night before or something, we just did not look the same in this game as we did the others.

My stats for the game were

10 Tackles, 2 For Loss, 1 INT
Old 09-14-2005, 10:25 PM   #130
MacroGuru
Coordinator

My End of Season Stats for my Sophmore Season:

91 Tackles
23 Sacks
3 INT's
6 Forced Fumbles
1 Touchdown
6 Pass Deflections
Old 09-14-2005, 10:28 PM   #131
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Rolling into my Junior year, my ratings are as follows

Avery Thomas
ROLB
6'3"
225 LBs

Overall 92 (+6)

Speed 84
Strength 72 (+4)
Awareness 84 (+10)
Agility 87 (+2)
Acceleration 86
Catching 56
Carry 48
Jumping 80 (+2)
Break Tackle 56
Tackle 89 (+3)
Throw Power 40
Throw Accuracy 40
Pass Blocking 40
Run Blocking 40
Kick Power 40
Kick Accuracy 40
Stamina 84 (+2)
Injury 84 (+2)

I am already on the Heisman Watch List and the university is using a massive media blitz for me.

I am also the #1 LB in the NCAA and 1st Team All American...
Old 09-14-2005, 10:29 PM   #132
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Impact Players for the 2007 Season

HB Danny Ware
LB Avery Thomas
Old 09-15-2005, 03:57 AM   #133
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorsoccersim
My End of Season Stats for my Sophmore Season:

91 Tackles
23 Sacks
3 INT's
6 Forced Fumbles
1 Touchdown
6 Pass Deflections

Amazing season. Looking forward to the Junior year, and then ... NFL baby!!!

Cool dynasty, keep going!
Old 09-15-2005, 11:23 PM   #134
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliano
Amazing season. Looking forward to the Junior year, and then ... NFL baby!!!

Cool dynasty, keep going!

Thank you for the encouragement, I appreciate it.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:28 PM   #135
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Commitments for 2007 Season

QB M.Rice 76
HB P. Kucera 78
HB R. Weatherford 76
HB J. Fritz 76
FB R. Jenkins 74
FB D. Benjamin 74
FB M. Kucera 70
TE K. Barber 56
RT J. Paul 76
LG T. Johnson 80 (Starter)
RG K. Hardin 78
LG B. Cummings 76
RG K. Hopkins 74
RG D. Brown 74
RG M. Cole 74
LG A. Green 70
C J. Ashley 76
DT R. Ward 80
DT J. Smith 70
MLB J. Horgan 78
MLB G. Goddard 78
CB J. Maxwell 78
SS M. Davis 56
P J. Sullivan 80
Old 09-15-2005, 11:37 PM   #136
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2007 Season Schedule

Week 1 BYE
Week 2
Week 3 @ FIU
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6 BYE
Week 7 @
Week 8 @
Week 9 @
Week 10 BYE
Week 11
Week 12
Week 13 @
Week 14 @
Week 15 BYE
Old 09-15-2005, 11:38 PM   #137
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Looking at this seasons schedule, we have a nice and easy start with the middle season from hell with games at Bama, Tennessee, and Florida.

Looks like our hands will be full this season.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:48 PM   #138
Izulde
Head Coach

It's been a while since I checked in here, but congratulations on winning the Bednarik!!! Now all that's left is to win a national title before you go.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:51 PM   #139
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
It's been a while since I checked in here, but congratulations on winning the Bednarik!!! Now all that's left is to win a national title before you go.

And don't forget the Heisman
Old 09-21-2005, 09:23 AM   #140
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Week 1 Top 25

Last edited by MacroGuru : 09-21-2005 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:25 AM   #141
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Week 1 was a bye for u, and we are prepping for our week 2 game against Troy, as it stands, I am still on the Heisman watch list.

I also found out that I am 3 sacks away from breaking the NCAA career record. If I decide to stay through my senior season, I will have the record secured, and I do not think it will be broken.

I credit the coach and the blitzing schemes he has been calling to get me into the backfield.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:28 AM   #142
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Week 2 Top 25

Old 09-21-2005, 10:06 AM   #143
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Week 2
at #9

We are ready, and this time, we are not going to let up on any team if we can help it. J.C. has been awesome at QB, he is smart, and elusive, and has a great touch on the ball. Danny, wants to go out with a bang and make sure he can get to the NFL. Me, I just want to break the sack record, and I want to do it, in this game.

1st Quarter

Troy modified their offense from last season, we were not ready for the attack that came out after us, and they moved the ball down the field on us at will, scoring from 10 yards out with their running game.

Troy 7 Georgia 0

We were able to grind out the clock, moving the ball down the field using a ground attack with a series of short passes. Chase Green our FB, got the TD off of a 1 yd dive.

Troy 7 Georgia 7

The rest of the quarter was some hard hitting football. However, we were driving to score at the end of the quarter.

2nd Quarter

We managed to start the quarter on Troy's 15 yard line, and a few quick hits, and a quick slant to Mohammed Massoquai from th 4, and we scored again.

Troy 7 Georgia 14

The next series, I am able to get my first sack of the game and force a punt. We get the ball, and start moving it down the field, but J.C. puts it on the ground while trying to run the option. Troy recovers the fumble.

We force the 3 and out and then J.C. hits Bain over the top for a 43 yard TD.

Troy 7 Georgia 21

First play of the next series Paul Oliver steps in front of an errant Troy pass and taked it 44 yards to the End zone

Troy 7 Georgia 28

Another quick 3 and out sets up A.J. Bryant to work wonders for a 45 yard punt return for a TD.

Troy 7 Georgia 35

3rd Quarter

Starting out in the 3rd, Troy is moving the ball on us, catching us off the adrenaline rush we have, coach is yelling at me to do something, stop these guy somehow.

The next play, I am sent in on a blitz, I am able to get the sack, force the fumble so our defensive end jumps on the ball.

We then turn around, and strike immediately. J.C. hits Danny Wade in the flats, and he turns it up field dor a 54 yard TD.

Troy 7 Georgia 42

Troy, gets the ball, and is moving it down the field. We finally, lock down on them, and tighten up and force the 4th and 1. They line up for the punt, and we already have them on their heels, so coach sends us all, trying to get the block....however they fake it, and have a guy wide open down the field. A.J. makes the TD saving tackle on the 5 yard line, but it is a little to late, they punch in 3 plays later from the 1 yd line.

Troy 14 Georgia 42

We take the kick off and move it down the field, and Danny Wade scores his second TD of the game, this one on the ground from 17 yards out.

Troy 14 Georgia 49

4th Quarter

Troy had the ball to end the 3rd, and so they start out in the 4th on a 3rd and long, and we hold them. On the punt, the wall sets up beautifully and A.J. Bryant takes his second return to the house, this one a 34 yard punt return.

Troy 14 Georgia 56

The next series, I blitz in from the outside and get my 3rd sack, and I managed to break the NCAA all time sack record. They announce it on the system and the fans are crazy! It was amazing, I jogged off the field with the defense, getting basically, a standing ovation from everyone.

We have all the 2nd teams in on both offense and defense and Blake Barnes manages to throw an INT.

Troy starts moving the ball on our 2nd team defense when Freshman MLB Horgan jumps up and pulls down the pass, and takes the ball 84 yards for the TD.

Troy 14 Georgia 63

FINAL

Troy 14 Georgia 63

Last edited by MacroGuru : 09-21-2005 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:10 AM   #144
MacroGuru
Coordinator

What a crazy week, after breaking the record, I had interviews throughout the week with ESPN, and a flood of fan mail, e-mails, phone calls, and my parents are getting hammered by agents, all trying to convince them I am pro worth material right now, and will be a 1st round pick.

My stats from the Troy game were:

7 Tackles, 5 For Loss, 3 Sacks, 1 Pass Deflection, 1 Forced Fumble.

Even with those stats, and breaking the record, I drop in the rankings on the Heisman Watch.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:20 AM   #145
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Week 3 Top 25

Old 09-21-2005, 04:28 PM   #146
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Week 3

#9 at FIU

Things have calmed down, and practice was great this week. We hope on the plane and head for Florida.

1st Quarter

We take the kick off in this crazy down pour, and drive down the field. J.C. hits Bain coming across the middle in the back of the end zone from 11 yards out.

Georgia 7 FIU 0

We force the quick 3 and out and start moving the ball down the field. Lining up in a 2nd and goal situation, we run the offset I, and slam Danny up for blocking and catch the FB on a counter. Chase Green rumbles in from 6 yards out.

Georgia 14 FIU 0

Another 3 and out sets up another drive for us. This one is capped by Danny Wade pounding it up the middle breaking 4 tackles as he storms into the end zone from 11 yards out.

Georgia 21 FIU 0

The next series I get a sack and force the 4th and long punt. J.C. then tries an option, and puts the ball on the ground. FIU has a DL pick it up and run it in from their 30 for the TD.

Georgia 21 FIU 7

2nd Quarter

We started the 2nd quarter already driving down the field, and we are set up on the 1 yard line. We run an option, and J.C. lets chase take the dive, and he scores. His second rushing TD of the day

Georgia 28 FIU 7

FIU generates a solid drive, moving the ball down the field, but the help of a deep pass sets them up for the 1 yard TD run.

Georgia 28 FIU 14

The panic has not set in, we are 2 TD's ahead, and we are manhandling this team every where. 2 stupid plays put them where they are at.

We move the ball down the field, and we try the same FB counter, and Chase rumbles in from 6 yards out and his 3rd TD of the day!

Georgia 35 FIU 14

Another quick 3 and out and we are moving down the field again. FIU is on their heels, they do not know what to do, they are seeing our attacks coming from every where, eventually , J.C. takes the option and keeps it, scoring on the 1 yd dive.

Georgia 42 FIU 14

3rd Quarter

We get the ball to start the 3rd, and J.C. runs the option, taking the ball up field, he is wrapped up and tries to go down, but they spin him around, and a hand slaps the ball out. FIU recovers.
We manage to hold them to a 3 and out, and then move the ball about 20 yards. J.C. adds another 44 yards and a TD to his passing total when he hit a wide open A.J. Bryant in stride from a play action.

Georgia 49 FIU 14

More of us shutting down the FIU offense happens again, and a long drive that ends with Danny Wade scoring from 6 yards out increases the score some more.

Georgia 56 FIU 14

I wrap up their RB at the line of scrimmage, slapping the ball out of his hand, and allowing us to recover. Our 2nd team offense comes onto the field.

They generate nothing. And are forced to punt. FIU, moves the ball down the field on most of the 2nd team defense, I am in there trying to pad my stats for the Heisman, and coach is leaving me there too.

Eventually, FIU scores on a 4 Yd TD run.

Georgia 56 FIU 21

4th Quarter

FIU rattles Blake pretty good at QB and he throws a wild pass for the INT.

FIU takes advantage, moving the ball and eventually score on a 1 yard TD run.\

Georgia 56 FIU 28

We got a glimpse at the future of the Georgia Bulldogs running game in Baker, he took a hand off, that was supposed to go off tackle, and straight up, however, he had to bounce it, and he did, to the outside and down the sideline for 80 yards and the touchdown!

Georgia 63 FIU 28

I end up racking 2 sacks in a row with one forcing a fumble, however we did not recover it. I walk off the field satisfied I have convinced the voters I am legitimate.

As the clock ticks out FIU is forced to punt, and Mohammed Moussaqi takes the return 70 yards for the final TD in the game!

Georgia 69 FIU 28

FINAL

Georgia 69 FIU 28

Last edited by MacroGuru : 09-21-2005 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:32 PM   #147
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Another solid game and we have proven we can beat up on easy lower end schools, however, next week, we have to prove it against a ranked opponent with South Carolina.

So far this season we have averaged a punt return for a TD in every game. I hope we can keep that up.

My stats for the game were

8 tackles, 5 for loss, 3 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles.

That was not enough to even keep me on the watch list. Hopefully I can play impressive enough in the middle here to prove to them I deserve the hardware.

Also, Bakers 80 yard TD run was the longest in school history. And this means I have been witness to both of the record breaking runs.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:37 PM   #148
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Week 4 Top 25

Old 09-21-2005, 06:25 PM   #149
mtaystl03
High School Varsity

Good Read.

Last edited by mtaystl03 : 09-21-2005 at 06:31 PM.
mtaystl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:25 PM   #150
TonyR
High School Varsity

Lots of SEC schools at the top of the top 25. Should be good for the SEC Champion.