Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-02-2006, 12:37 PM   #101
Swaggs
Coordinator

I like the potential here, also.

If it can get its setting in place and make it enjoyable, they can add/subtract/replace the stars, much like a real sketch comedy does with its writers and players, and add some different dynamics to the show.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:37 PM   #102
KWhit
Coordinator

I am a huge fan of Sorkin and I really like the show so far. Perry has done a great job and I really like his and Whitford's chemistry.

Two big thumbs up, so far.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:05 PM   #103
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I missed tonight's episode but i really enjoyed the last two. Its hard for me to see Perry and not think Chandler.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:35 PM   #104
Swaggs
Coordinator

I liked this week's episode better than last week's.

Spoiler:

Is D.L. Hughley's character gay? The scene w/ the "groupie" at the wrap party seemed awkward and I was not sure what to make of it.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:26 PM   #105
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Good episode this week. I like the interaction between Perry and Whitford more and more as this show goes on. The 'cast' is even pretty good so far. I'm sure it'll take the first season just to get us introduced to all of them in some detail.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:45 AM   #106
Joe
Pro Starter

They need to show less of the show.. if that makes sense.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:01 AM   #107
cschex
High School Varsity

Enjoyable episode, I thought, better than last week's. Did anyone else catch Lucy Davis (Dawn!) from the UK version of the Office as Danny's assistant in the opening scene. It might have been just the one cameo, but I hope she shows up again.
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:31 AM   #108
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

Spoiler:

Is D.L. Hughley's character gay? The scene w/ the "groupie" at the wrap party seemed awkward and I was not sure what to make of it.

Great point. That hadn't occurred to me, but you're probably right.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:40 AM   #109
jonesz
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD View Post
Great point. That hadn't occurred to me, but you're probably right.

Quote:

Spoiler:

It did seem awkward, but I saw it more as Hughley's character being a mentor. The guy, if it's the same scene I am thinking of, is actually one of the non "Big Three" actors at Studio 60. I took it more as Hughley putting him in line as a senior member.

Everytime I see that guy I always picture the Capital One ads with David Spade... I half expect him to run through the scene with his shirt on fire. I watch way too much TV..
jonesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:33 PM   #110
ausonny
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesz View Post
It did seem awkward, but I saw it more as Hughley's character being a mentor. The guy, if it's the same scene I am thinking of, is actually one of the non "Big Three" actors at Studio 60. I took it more as Hughley putting him in line as a senior member.

Everytime I see that guy I always picture the Capital One ads with David Spade... I half expect him to run through the scene with his shirt on fire. I watch way too much TV..

That's a different scene, actually a different episode. The scene in question is when a blonde comes on to Hughley and it's sort of awkward.
ausonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:47 PM   #111
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/art...ticle_7687.asp

NBC's 'Studio 60' in a ratings stumble

Much-praised drama loses 20 percent of 18-49s
By Toni Fitzgerald
Oct 3, 2006

“Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip” has been universally praised for its smart writing, great acting and biting satire. But it’s possible that the show is a bit too inside Hollywood for most viewers.

After strong initial sampling, the show has dipped a good deal over the last two outings. Last night’s third episode averaged a 3.5 adults 18-49 rating, according to Nielsen overnights, down 20 percent from last week’s 4.4 and 30 percent from a 5.0 for the Sept. 18 debut.

Despite strong retention for “Heroes” after last week’s debut, NBC fell behind CBS on Monday night for the first time this season, averaging a 4.2 rating and 11 share to the latter’s 4.6/11.

At 10 p.m., “Studio 60” lost 34 percent of lead-in “Heroes’” 5.3 average. It finished third in the timeslot behind CBS’s “CSI: Miami” and ABC’s “The Bachelor” premiere.

That’s hardly encouraging for the Aaron Sorkin-penned drama, which some media people praised as the best pilot they’d ever seen over the summer. Indeed, the quality of the show doesn’t seem to be the problem; nearly everyone agrees that all the parts are there.

It may simply be the subject matter. People outside of Hollywood don’t care about the entertainment business nearly as much as those inside it do, and shows about the industry don’t have a great track record. HBO’s “The Comeback” lasted just one season, and even “Entourage,” its much-buzzed-about show about a young actor, isn’t a top viewer draw.

The good news for NBC is that the show may now have found its core audience and could stop dipping. It fell just 6 percent from its first half hour to its second after double-digit declines in its first weeks. “Studio 60” has also performed quite well among the affluent demos who helped make Sorkin’s “West Wing” a hit.

The better news was that “Heroes” continued to look strong. Though it dipped 10 percent from last week’s 5.9, it continued to build audience in its second half hour and again won its timeslot.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:01 PM   #112
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I didn't see that scene as making Simon seem gay. I thought it meant he just wasn't interested in a one night stand. It's possible that he has a crush on Harriet.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:50 PM   #113
Easy Mac

I haven't really been wowed by this show. Its ok, but I dunno, I still like Sports Night the best, then West Wing. This isn't in the same league for me.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:55 PM   #114
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I didn't see that scene as making Simon seem gay. I thought it meant he just wasn't interested in a one night stand. It's possible that he has a crush on Harriet.

Or he could have a wife/girlfriend at home. It isn't like we know about these peoples' personal lives very much. It'd be silly IMO for everyone to be single.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:01 PM   #115
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

btw, I like Amanda Peet's character less and less every episode. just a complete wimp
Old 10-03-2006, 07:06 PM   #116
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Or he could have a wife/girlfriend at home. It isn't like we know about these peoples' personal lives very much. It'd be silly IMO for everyone to be single.

come on, if a black guy doesn't sleep with a white woman, he has to be gay... hasn't tv taught you anything
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:43 PM   #117
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

My thinking is that for one of the leads, especially a black man, to be gay would create a lot of material for writers. I just figure Sorkin would love to tackle the gay black male vs. the network vs. middle america angle.

As for the idea that he turned it down because he is faithful to his wife/girlfriend: dramatically that's just not very interesting, and it's certainly not interesting enough to foreshadow in such a manner.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:17 PM   #118
Brillig
College Prospect

Thoughts on episode 3... I do see this one as a step up from episode 2. Not a huge fan of the comedy-montage, but as long as they don't use it ever again, it works once. Some new dramatic tension in the developing relationship between Bradley Whitford and Amanda Peet, although who knows what'll happen there - it took the writers seven years to get him and Janel Maloney together . The Tom Cruise impression was a LOL moment for me, I must admit. One problem with the ensemble show is that there are too many characters for every show to be about everyone, but on the other hand, you want to introduce all the characters as quickly as you can. Hopefully, the following episodes will be a little more focused and less scattershot.

An aside on Amanda Peet's character - I agree with Draft Dodger, the character is not being written as someone who credibly could be hired as a network president. Not strong enough, not confrontational enough, not confident enough. I think it was better in episode 2 "No one tells me what to put on my air," but it's been getting weaker. Now admittedly, she was having a pretty bad day in episode 3, but I guess we'll have to see.

Finally - it was a brilliant choice of music at the end of the episode - "Will you still love me tomorrow," captures the essential neurosis of network television, as well as reflecting the almost trite insecurity among performers. (Note Matt leaving the party in full swing, completely alone, decidedly *not* happy after a huge night.)
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:19 PM   #119
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD View Post
As for the idea that he turned it down because he is faithful to his wife/girlfriend: dramatically that's just not very interesting, and it's certainly not interesting enough to foreshadow in such a manner.

Agreed.

The scene had to have been designed to set up a future plot point. I don't think it is to establish Simon's principles or maturity, but I guess that is possible. I think he passed on the groupie because he is either in the closet or has feelings for another main character. I dunno, I just thought it was an odd scene in the first place and then they kind of went back to it in the music montage, so I figure it must have some significance.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:41 PM   #120
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Agreed.

The scene had to have been designed to set up a future plot point. I don't think it is to establish Simon's principles or maturity, but I guess that is possible. I think he passed on the groupie because he is either in the closet or has feelings for another main character. I dunno, I just thought it was an odd scene in the first place and then they kind of went back to it in the music montage, so I figure it must have some significance.

They did come back to it, briefly, when he set up the other of the three with the girl.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:37 PM   #121
jbmagic
Pro Starter

If you guys miss the 2nd episode you can watch it here.

http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full...?show=studio60
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:41 AM   #122
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
They need to show less of the show.. if that makes sense.

Funny, as people were clamoring for that prior to this episode.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:42 AM   #123
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Funny, as people were clamoring for that prior to this episode.

SI

IMHO, the jokes aren't funny. The bear says "RAWR!" Not only that but the musical intro for the show (the fake show, not the real show) was painful and boring on the 2nd episode.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:45 AM   #124
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
IMHO, the jokes aren't funny. The bear says "RAWR!" Not only that but the musical intro for the show (the fake show, not the real show) was painful and boring on the 2nd episode.

I tend to agree. Sorkin's not really a "ha-ha" funny type of writer, tho he does have his moments. Anyone who's seen Sports Night knows that his stuff when put to a laugh track doesn't really work and that's just what SNL-esque jokes are supposed to kill with.

SI

Old 10-04-2006, 07:49 AM   #125
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:

This is the inherent problem with the entire concept. They are playing Matt up to be the funniest writer in hollywood, and then at times they have to actually show off his work. When they do, our expectations are gigantic, because this guy is hilarious right? Well, unless they have a real-life Matt on their writing staff, its going to be pretty tough to meet those audience expectations.

That said, I've watched all 3 episodes so far and feel pretty steeped about the show in general.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:49 AM   #126
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

The bear joke wasn't supposed to be funny, that's why right after that someone said "She'll make it work". Though it sounds like it would be the kind of throw away joke you'd see on SNL's Weekend Update.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:55 AM   #127
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

I thought the Science Schmience bit was kind of funny. Other than the completely underwhelming Gilbert-&-Sullivan-parody grand opening sketch there hasn't been anything to undermine the internal reality that the show within the show is funny. I think they did a fairly good job at cutting the montage to suggest sketches that could be funny without actually having to write them funny

As for the bear says: "RARRR!", it sounds exactly like one of the terrible jokes you get on the Tina-Fey-era weekend update, so in that sense I think it was successful.

Last edited by ThunderingHERD : 10-04-2006 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:26 AM   #128
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

the guy doing the impressions was quite good
Old 10-04-2006, 09:19 AM   #129
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
The bear joke wasn't supposed to be funny, that's why right after that someone said "She'll make it work". Though it sounds like it would be the kind of throw away joke you'd see on SNL's Weekend Update.

Agreed. I just thought that was thrown in to show how talented they think her character is.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:43 AM   #130
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

*This is not directed at RA, but it seemed like a good place to start my mini-rant*

Judging by the falling ratings, I think many people agree with you. I think this is why only reality shows and formulaic CSI-type shows do well in this country. The musical intro may not have been fall-on-the-floor funny, but it really was quite clever. Sadly, much of America is probably not familiar with The Pirates of Penzance so they didn't get the appropriateness of using that song. Oh well, another smart show on its way out so we can have more room for CSI: Ottumwa and Dancing With People You May Have Seen On TV Once Or Twice Before.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:15 AM   #131
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Finally caught up with this show. Absolutely love it. Can't wait for tomorrow's episode.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #132
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I liked the Gilbert and Sullivan bit. Especially the fake mixup with the "hundred dollar hooker's reacharound". I also thought Science Schmience was pretty funny. Then the little tiny bits were funny enough to suggest that the whole sketches might be funny. I'd like to see more of "Commedia del' Arte".

My dream is that they get really gutsy and do one episode that is just the show within the show. They'd have to get extended time and it would take alot of nerve to write full length sketches, but it would be very interesting.

As for the rest of the show, I'm digging it so far eventhough it's not yet quite as sharp as the best of Sports Night or West Wing.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:05 PM   #133
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think they should do less showing us the actual show. It's easier to believe that things are funny when you're not actually seeing the funny.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:48 AM   #134
Coop
High School JV

I agree, they should stop showing the show. it's not funny at all
Old 10-10-2006, 01:12 AM   #135
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Tonight's episode was my favorite so far. It was the first one I thought really felt like the quality of Sports Night and West Wing. It especially reminded me of the Sports Night episodes where they were dealing with an on-air crisis.

"Bowels, Jeremy!!??"

Old 10-10-2006, 01:38 AM   #136
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I am liking this show more and more, but at the same time I'm getting more and more worried that it will be cancelled.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:32 AM   #137
Barkeep49
Coordinator

In my mind there is little doubt it'll be canceled. I also agree that of the three non-pilot episodes this was the best. Part of what made it the best, was that I believed, really for the first time, that these characters are funny people and that they are doing a funny television show. Not sure what exactly caused me to feel that way, but I definitely felt it.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 10-10-2006 at 07:32 AM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:48 AM   #138
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
*This is not directed at RA, but it seemed like a good place to start my mini-rant*

Judging by the falling ratings, I think many people agree with you. I think this is why only reality shows and formulaic CSI-type shows do well in this country. The musical intro may not have been fall-on-the-floor funny, but it really was quite clever. Sadly, much of America is probably not familiar with The Pirates of Penzance so they didn't get the appropriateness of using that song. Oh well, another smart show on its way out so we can have more room for CSI: Ottumwa and Dancing With People You May Have Seen On TV Once Or Twice Before.

I agree 100%. I'm not surprised that this isn't a top rated show. I think the show is kind of similar to the Commedia sketch from last week's episode (haven't seen last night's episode yet) - a lot of people won't get it, but those that do are going to freaking love it.

And Sorkin is actually a very funny writer, IMO. I once directed a play that he wrote that was hillarious - Hidden in this Picture. His other works have had funny moments as well. It will be interesting to see how the comedy progresses as the show goes on.

Last edited by KWhit : 10-10-2006 at 07:48 AM.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:01 AM   #139
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Easily the funniest of the episodes so far. Tho the contrast between the show and the show within the show is getting larger, not smaller. But the actual show feels like it's starting to hit its stride.

A minor quibble as I did get some Sorkin flashbacks while watching last night. The "punishment" thing- I knew what he was going to say a minute before he said it because Sorkin's done the same exact stupid (tired, whiny, east coast) bit in both Sports Night and West Wing. Thankfully he didn't drag it out like in the previous two. Also, we got more love for international cricket which he referenced in Sports Night for almost an entire episode.

SI

Old 10-10-2006, 09:27 AM   #140
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Easily the funniest of the episodes so far. Tho the contrast between the show and the show within the show is getting larger, not smaller. But the actual show feels like it's starting to hit its stride.

A minor quibble as I did get some Sorkin flashbacks while watching last night. The "punishment" thing- I knew what he was going to say a minute before he said it because Sorkin's done the same exact stupid (tired, whiny, east coast) bit in both Sports Night and West Wing. Thankfully he didn't drag it out like in the previous two. Also, we got more love for international cricket which he referenced in Sports Night for almost an entire episode.

SI

Hey, I'm all for international cricket. Locks in the lucrative sub-continental audience (aka me, Nequa, Isiddiqui)
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #141
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

FYI...

Fast National ratings for Monday, Oct. 9, 2006.

CBS' Monday sitcom swap may have benefited both 8 p.m. shows, as "How I Met Your Mother" and "The Class" helped to open a Monday night win.

Overall, CBS averaged a 9.4 rating/15 share, comfortably ahead of the 7.8/12 for second place NBC. ABC's 5.3/8 was good for third, nearly doubling up the 2.7/4 for FOX. Fifth place went to The CW, as the new network's comedy block did no better on Mondays than on Sundays with a 1.6/2.

CBS also won among adults 18-49, though the network's margin of victory was slimmer, doing a 4.8 rating to nip the 4.7 rating for NBC. ABC's 3.1 rating was third, leaving FOX's 1.3 rating and the 1.0 rating for The CW at the back of the pack.

NBC started in front with the 9.4/15 for "Deal or No Deal." CBS' "How I Met Your Mother" and "The Class" switched places this week and averaged a 6.4/10, as "The Class" actually improved slightly on its lead-in. ABC's "Wife Swap" was third with a 5.3/8, followed by FOX's repeat of "Prison Break." The CW's "Everybody Hates Chris" (1.9/3) and "All of Us" (1.6/2) had their Monday premieres.

CBS moved into the lead in the 9 p.m. hour with "Two and a Half Men" (10.9/16) and "The New Adventures of Old Christine" (9.0/13). NBC's "Heroes" was second with an 8.1/12, actually winning the hour among adults 18-49. ABC's "The Bachelor" was third, followed by "Justice," which had a 2.6/4 in its time period premiere. The CW was down slightly with "Girlfriends" and "The Game."

"CSI: Miami" delivered an 11.8/19 to help CBS close in first. NBC's "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" continued to underperform with a 5.7/9, still better than the 5.0/8 for the season premiere of "What About Brian."

Ratings information is taken from fast national data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are preliminary and subject to change.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #142
rkmsuf
Head Coach

that show is toast
Old 10-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #143
Vince
Pro Starter

Bummer about the ratings. I finally caught this show last night, and really enjoyed it.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:22 PM   #144
Raiders Army
Coordinator

FWIW, after a few beers this show is worse than I thought it was. There is no one that talks the way they do. I couldn't follow the dialogue (must be my puny brain on alcohol). The whole Matthew Perry/lackey banter leading up to him going to the Roxy was too fast and both actors barely let the other finish speaking before they jumped in.

I really want to like this show. I really do. Call me a mark, but there is nothing that grabs me about this show and pulls me in. I don't think they have enough time to set up the show...which is what I think they're doing now. They need to grab some cheap hooks and draw the audience in as opposed to a lot of throwaway, snappy, am-I-smart dialogue.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:35 PM   #145
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
... as opposed to a lot of throwaway, snappy, am-I-smart dialogue.

So basically you want them to get rid of Sorkin?
I mean, that's as much his trademark as anything IMO.

Sportsnight, which I enjoyed throughout its run, was often summed up by that description itself.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #146
wade moore
lolzcat

Yeah, RA basically summed up why I like the show...

Man.. NBC really set it up for failure IMO by putting it against CSI: Miami which for some unknown reason gets great ratings... seems like there was something weaker they could put it up against..

I hope it stays on.. it seems that every year there is at least one show that I REALLY like (inJustice last year) that doesn't make it past one season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:42 PM   #147
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
There is no one that talks the way they do.

Did you like Sports Night or The West Wing? That's how everyone talks in all Sorkin shows.

Edit: JIMGA beat me to it.

Last edited by primelord : 10-10-2006 at 08:43 PM.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #148
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by primelord View Post
Did you like Sports Night or The West Wing? That's how everyone talks in all Sorkin shows.

Edit: JIMGA beat me to it.

Never watched either. I wanted to watch Sports Night but never knew when it was on...I guess I didn't want to watch it that bad. I didn't like the idea of a drama about the White House...real life provides the drama there.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #149
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
So basically you want them to get rid of Sorkin?
I mean, that's as much his trademark as anything IMO.

Sportsnight, which I enjoyed throughout its run, was often summed up by that description itself.

There was a great quote back when Sorkin and Schlamme were more or less forced off of The West Wing that really showed what tv was all about (and unfortunately, I just can't find it right now). It was some NBC executive talking about how the show needed to essentially dumb down and get a bigger audience because "The Bachelor" was peeling viewers off of it.

SI

Old 10-10-2006, 10:26 PM   #150
Swaggs
Coordinator

I still like it, but I don't really think the romance story line (between Perry and the blonde actress). They just don't seem to have that much chemistry, and really, I have more trouble buying into Perry than the actress.

I still like the show and hope it gets a fair shake, but I'm guessing if they get back together soon, we will be in for a short series.