Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2007, 08:20 PM   #101
carolinahuey
Mascot

1982 NFL DRAFT

It is that time of year folks, where the boys who went off to college to play ball become men. Where the amateurs become professionals, where dreams come and where a lot of money is made.

We will look at the Top 10 and then any other notable draftees:
ROUND 1
#1 - San Antonio Gunslingers select
DARRIN NELSON - RB - Stanford

#2 - St Louis Cardinals select
JIM McMAHON - QB - Brigham Young

#3 - Memphis Showboats select
JAMES BROOKS - RB - Auburn (this year he's been drafted third)

#4 - Buffalo Bills select
MIKE MERRIWEATHER - LB - Azusa Pacific

#5 - Miami Dolphins select
CHARLES BOWSER - LB - Duke

#6 - Baltimore Stars select
ROBERT ABRAHAM - LB - North Carolina State

#7 - Denver Broncos select
MARCUS ALLEN - RB - USC

#8 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers select
MARK DUPER - WR - Northwestern State

#9 - New York Jets select
ROBERT BROWN - DE - Virginia Tech

#10 - New Orleans Saints select
TONY ELLIOT - DT - Wisconsin

#14 - Kansas City Chiefs select
MIKE MUNCHAK - G - Penn State
I am focused on getting my O-line better to allow my QBs time to set up and throw the ball. Munchak's ratings are off the chart, right now. I think this is a great pick.

#15 - Green Bay Packers select
GERALD RIGGS - RB - Arizona State

#17 - Seattle Seahawks select
VANN McELROY - S - Baylor

#26 - Atlanta Falcons select
SAMMY WINDER - RB - Southern Miss

#27 - San Francisco 49ers select
ANDRE TIPPETT - LB - Iowa

#30 - Detroit Lions select
CHIP BANKS - LB - USC

ROUND 2
#35 - Philadelphia Eagles select
BUTCH WOOLFORK - RB - Michigan

#39 - Orlando Renegades select
JOE MORRIS - RB - Syracuse

#41 - New Orleans Saints select
MIKE QUICK - WR - North Carolina State

#45 - Kansas City Chiefs select
MIKE BAAB - C - Texas
Sticking to my guns with this pick, with Rudnay retiring, I needed a solid C prospect and Baab is that guy.

ROUND 3
#65 - San Antonio Gunlsingers select
GARY ANDERSON - K - Syracuse

#67 - Pittsburgh Steelers select
MORTEN ANDERSEN - K - Michigan State

#76 - Kansas City Chiefs select
ANDRE YOUNG - S - Louisiana Tech
Back up in the defensive backfield

#80 - Memphis Showboats select
ROHN STARK - P - Florida State

ROUND 4
#111 - Kansas City Chiefs select
WALTER ABERCROMBIE - RB - Baylor

ROUND 5
#142 - Kansas City Chiefs select
BRUCE KIMBAL - G - Massachusetts

#159 - Kansas City Chiefs select
JEFF DAVIS - LB - Clemson

ROUND 6
#173 - Kansas City Chiefs select
JEFF STOVER - DE - Oregon

#191 - Kansas City Chiefs select
GREG WILLIAMS - S - Mississippi State

ROUND 7
#204 - Kansas City Chiefs select
RENALDO NEHEMIAH - WR - Maryland

#223 - Kansas City Chiefs select
TOM MORRIS - CB - Michigan State

FINAL PICK
Pittsburgh Steelers select
LUTHER HENSEN - DT - Ohio State

I had a ton of late picks because of that trade I made last year with Washington. I used it to add a bunch of players at positions that I felt I was weak at. We will see who makes it through to the season and who doesn't.
carolinahuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:42 PM   #102
carolinahuey
Mascot

1982 Kansas City Chiefs Schedule

Exhibition Schedule
at San Franciso 49ers
vs Detroit Lions
at Seattle Seahawks
vs Green Bay Packers

Regular Season Schedule
at Denver Broncos
vs Los Angeles Rams
vs New York Jets
at Baltimore Stars
vs Cincinnati Bengals
at Oakland Raiders
vs Cleveland Browns
at Pittsburgh Steelers
vs Denver Broncos
at San Diego Chargers
at St Louis Cardinals
at Orlando Renegades
at Seattle Seahawks
vs Oakland Raiders
vs San Francisco 49ers
vs San Diego Chargers

A tough schedule, but a fun schedule. I finally get to face the Steelers, but they have lost some players and Bradshaw is getting older so who knows what will happen there. I do face some teams in the preseason that I will face in the regular season. I like the final three at home and mark your calendars folks, Week 6, Joe Ferguson and the Cincinnati Bengals come to town.

We will see you in the preseason!

I am proud to announce that ALL the Kansas City Chiefs draft picks have signed and there will be NO holdouts!!

It was also announced today that the starters WILL NOT suit up in any game this preseason, unless injuries force the team's hand. I cannot afford to lose anyone.

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-10-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:36 AM   #103
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (0-0)

at

San Francisco 49ers (0-0)

You are looking live...

At Candlestick Park, home the San Francisco 49ers. Where today the rain isn't the only thing in town, the Kansas City Chiefs are here to play the first preseason game of 1982.

Kansas City Chiefs03711-21
San Francisco 49ers7007-14

No one really of note played in this one for the Chiefs. Bill Kenney, the Chiefs 3rd string QB, played the majority of the game and was named Player of the Game passing for 156 yards on 16 of 19 passes and a TD toss to Carlos Carson. Rookie RB Walter Abercrombie rushed for 46 yards and a score as the Chiefs got off to a good start in the preseason. SF RB Marion Barber rushed for 114 yards and a score as the 49ers were careful with their big names as well. QB Joe Montana saw very little action completing only 7 of 13 passes.

The Chiefs head home to take on the Detroit Lions next week in Arrowhead, we'll see you then!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-11-2007 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:34 PM   #104
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (2-0)

at

Seattle Seahawks (0-2)

You are looking live...

Inside the Kingdome, home of the Seattle Seahawks where tonight the home team will welcome the Kansas City Chiefs for a pre-season game.

Kansas City Chiefs73100-20
Seattle Seahawks7303-13

Another win, another good showing for the 2nd and 3rd strings. Fuller, DeBerg, and Kenney all played in this one and all did very well. WR Henry Marshall amassed over 100 yards again and the defense was on its game. Seattle used this game as a test for some of their younger players. This game film will come in handy when we visit here in the regular season.

Next week the Chiefs head home for the pre-season finale against Green Bay. Let's cross our fingers that there are no injuries! See you then!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:19 AM   #105
carolinahuey
Mascot

Green Bay Packers (2-1)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (3-0)

You are looking live...

At Arrowhead Stadium, outside of Kansas City, Missouri where today the Chiefs welcome the Green Bay Packers in the pre-season finale. Both teams are hoping to go into the Regular Season strong AND healthy.
Green Bay Packers0037-10
Kansas City Chiefs72133-34

I only wish the pre-season meant more. To go 4-0 in the pre-season is great, but what does it mean? The good news is that the back-ups and third stringers played a brilliant 4-games as I say most of the starters. I was very impressed with back-up QB Steve Fuller and with rookies RB Walter Abercrombie and WR Renaldo Nehemiah. They took the field knowing that they had this time to shine and they didn't disappoint. It was a solid performance all around, but the star, was KC CB Eric Harris. Harris picked off 3 Green Bay passes, returning 1 for a TD en route to winning Player of the Game honors.

It is on the regular season from here and awaiting the Chiefs are the Denver Broncos, can KC take their 4-0 pre-season and turn it into a winning regular season, stay tuned.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:36 AM   #106
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (0-0)

at

Denver Broncos (0-0)

You are looking live...

At the home of the Denver Broncos, Mile High Stadium, in beautiful Denver Colorado. Today is the Kickoff of the 1982 NFL season and both the Broncos and their opponents, the Kansas City Chiefs, are hoping that this season IS the season to remember.
Kansas City Chiefs7370-17
Denver Broncos010103-23

Nevermind. I am now 0-3 in season opening games and have realized that I could start the cheerleaders in the preseason because it don't mean nothing.

I forgot that the Broncos drafted Marcus Allen in this past draft and he decided to remind me of that over and over again. Allen rushed for 132 yards on 25 carries and a score. An interesting sidebar in this one, as the past two Heisman winners were pitted against each other. Unfortunately for KC, Allen bested 1981 Heisman winner and current Chiefs back-up RB George Rogers. Rogers only managed 8 yards on 5 carries. Denver QB Matt Robinson ended up 19 of 35 for 218 yards and Broncos DE Rulon Jones, who won POTG Honors, was credited with 2.5 sacks.

Official starting KC QB, for now, Tony Adams went 12 for 21 for 143 yards with 2 TD passes and an INT. Horace Belton, who is now fighting for his job managed only 36 yards on the ground.

Another 0-1 start for Kansas City. Can this team rebound and make the playoffs this season or are they destined for another 7-9 or 8-8 season? We'll see as the show continues next week from KC as the Chiefs welcome the Los Angeles Rams, see you then!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-15-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:54 AM   #107
carolinahuey
Mascot

Los Angeles Rams (0-1)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (0-1)

You are looking live...

At the home of the Chiefs, Arrowhead Stadium, where despite being 0-1 for the 3rd straight season, 77,400 Chiefs fans are packed in here today to watch the Chiefs battle the 0-1 Los Angeles Rams.

As I was perusing the Power Ratings before this game I said poop when I saw that the Rams were ranked #1 and were about to put a whooping on me the likes no one has seen in quite a while.

Los Angeles Rams7377-24
Kansas City Chiefs6737-23

As they say in Belgium, crap. You know when Nick Lowery missed that field goal late in the 1st half I amusingly thought to myself, "what if I ended up losing by 1 or 2 points, wouldn't that be a hoot?" Remind me to play the lottery tonight.

I am so deflated after this one. Just a tough pill to swallow as we had a real chance to improve to 1-1 and beat one of the top teams in the NFL, but came up short, thanks Nick. The Chiefs simply outplayed the Rams, but that missed FG was the difference. KC QB Tony Adams passed for 297 yards on 24 of 37 passing, 3 TDs and an INT. The reborn, after last week, Horace Belton pounded out 108 yards on the ground, WR Henry Marshall totaled 152 receving yards, but it just wasn't enought. Rams QB Pat Haden, who won POTG, went 19 of 27 for 204 yards and 3 scores. LA RB Wendell Tyler 130 yards on the ground as the Rams managed to run out the clock and get their first W of the season.

Next week, the Chiefs welcome the New York Jets to town and hope that today's solid performance wasn't an illusion and hope to get in the win column next week, see you then!
Old 10-15-2007, 11:30 AM   #108
jianoran2008
n00b

Well i like your dynasty.

Last edited by jianoran2008 : 10-15-2007 at 08:53 PM.
jianoran2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:12 AM   #109
carolinahuey
Mascot

New York Jets (1-1)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (0-2)

You are looking live....

At a very nervous 77,400 Chiefs fans. The Chiefs are looking to avoid going 0-3 this season as they welcome the New York Jets. It's rainy and windy and to me that means football.

New York Jets0008-8
Kansas City Chiefs717010-34

--Insert favorite dance move here--

Just a solid performance all around in this one, I couldn't be happier for this team. KC amassed 446 yards of total offense and held the Jets to under 180, just a dominating performance. It is apparent that KC QB Tony Adams is very comfortable in his new role as starter, he won POTG Honors while throwing for 301 yards, completing 21 of 30 passes, and throwing 2 TD passes. Both Horace Belton and George Rogers carried the ball for over 70 yards apiece and the Chiefs D recovered 5 Jets funbles and sacked NYJ QB Richard Todd 6 times. Todd wasn't anything spectacular in this one completing only 13 of 36 passes for 125 yards.

Next week the Chiefs hit the road to Baltimore to take on Joe Delaney and the Baltimore Stars, see you then!
Old 10-17-2007, 08:15 AM   #110
carolinahuey
Mascot

Sorry for the delay, but I got into playing NCAA Football 2008 again this weekend and it kind of took over my life. My wife isn't too happy, but hey it's football season!

I see that I forgot to post the preseason game vs Detroit, we won! I have also been slipping on my Warpaint and NFL News and Notes and I will get those posted to keep you up to date on the goings on around the league.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:23 AM   #111
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (1-2)

at

Baltimore Stars (0-3)

You are looking live...

At a soggy and windblown Byrd Stadium, home the ACC's Maryland Terrapins and the NFL's Baltimore Stars. This is the Chiefs' favorite kind of weather so let's see if it can produce another win for the guys in Red.

Kansas City Chiefs021310-34
Baltimore Stars0300-3

Yipeee! Another monster game for this team. After starting 0-2, again, it looked like another bad season, but there is hope yet! For the second straight game the Chiefs defense help its opponent to under 200 yards, this time allowing the Stars only 185. KC QB Tony Adams was lights out in this one completing an amazing 21 of 24 passes for 222 yards, a TD, and unfortunately 2 picks. RB George Rogers got the bulk of the rushing attempts in this one and didn't disappoint, totaling 87 yards on the ground with a score. POTG was KC's LB Frank Manumaleuga who got credit for 2 1/2 sacks and a forced fumble. I didn't have an answer for Baltimore's Joe Delaney who ran for 88 yard in the game, but the Stars had to abandon the run early due to the deficit.

Next week the Chiefs have a week off then head back home to welcome the old pal Joe Ferguson and his new team the Cincinnati Bengals. Let's keep this winning streak alive, see you then!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-17-2007 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:37 AM   #112
carolinahuey
Mascot

Cincinnati Bengals (4-1)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (2-2)

You are looking live...

At the site of one of the greatest a$$ whoppins to happen in a long time. I feel like refunding this sold out crowd's money, but I can't because I need it to sign an entire new teams this offseason.

Cincinnati Bengals771414-42
Kansas City Chiefs0770-14

Ouch. Remember back in the 1981 NFL draft I said that I was prepared to take Freeman McNeil with my pick, but chose Lawrence Taylor instead. I think Freeman heard me say that and decided to show me what a fool I was. McNeil ran for 149 yards on 23 carries and 2 scores and really made me feel mile a schnupp. The skinny face masked bandit named Ken Anderson, who won POTG, light me up for 321 yards and 3 TD passes. I benched Tony Adams in this one for Steve DeBerg but that was like drafting Lawrence Taylor instead of Freeman McNeil or something. The problem is that I have a plethora of LBs and not enough playing time for them. I have Manumaleuga, who I have considered trading, I can get a first round pick for him next year, Budzinski who is signed to a big contract, Taylor, who is unhappy, Singletary, who hasn't played much at all, and Cal Peterson, to say I have too much at the LB spot is an understatement.

Next week we head out west to take on the Raiders and all we need to do is "Just Win Baby," see you then!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:11 PM   #113
Izulde
Head Coach

Rough luck, there. But you can turn this around eventually, I think!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:41 AM   #114
carolinahuey
Mascot

I have been neglecting thing dynasty write up for too long, but I got into other things. That's what happens, my mood changes from week to week and I'll get into something and that's all I'll do for a month or so. Then I will come back. Trust me, the Chiefs will be back!

I have what my wife calls a "problem," but I see it as a creative outlet for my demented mind....take a look at my other Sports Dynasties

X's and O's - A TCB Coaching Dynasty
This is my College Basketball Dynasty

FOF07 - Kansas City Chiefs Dynasty
This is My Front Office Football KC Chiefs Dynasty

NABL - A Fictional Dynasty
This is my OOTPBB2007 Fictional Dynasty

BN-PGA - Dogleg Left = A Golfer's Dynasty
This is my JN6-GBC Golf Dynasty
Old 12-03-2007, 08:30 PM   #115
jianoran2008
n00b

I Hope this will become, so please so starting in 1984 my dynasty from Sports Mogul take part in this Dynasty my idea will be called

carolinahuey and jianoran2008's 2 Sport Dynasty.
jianoran2008 is offline   Reply With Quote