Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-29-2008, 08:39 PM   #101
MacroGuru
Coordinator

January 1 2010

What an emotional roller coaster week. We go 1-1 through the week, but seriously my emotions were played with.

Winston Salem State 45 - 68

Wow, talk about a lock down in the second half. We only allowed them 18 points in the second.

SG Ed Stanley took was awarded player of the game with 13 points, 9 Rebs, 1 Block and 3 Steals. It could have gone to Glenn as well. He had 13 points, 5 Rebs, 1 Assist, and 2 Blocks.

Jace Hunter decided he wanted to be a gamer and rocked it with 12 points, 2-5 from the 3 pt line, getting a block and steal.

This game has my hopes up and we are riding on cloud nine.

@ NJIT 79 - 61

A combination of a long cross country trip and a team that was high on themselves came crashing down. We were purely dominated in every aspect of this game. The only bright spots in this game was the SF play. Glenn scored 23 points while Larry scored 11, that is half our points in the game. The rest of the team was out to lunch, and i let them know it at half, at the end of the game, on the bus ride to the airport and on the plane flight home.

Other Recruits

PF John Williams IUPUI
John is on an upswing, but still has yet to push his averages up.
9.5 PPG, 1.1 APG, 5.8 RPG, .8 SPG, .5 BPG

Next Week Scouting
We have an easier week as Longwood is coming to town to play us. We are sitting at 7 - 6 and I feel we need to rattle off 11 wins off in the next 14 games in order to make any kind of post season tourney.

Longwood

Their best player is C Jonathan Henderson which is heads above better than Chris Lee. I feel Chris is going to have his hands full this game. We are equal in the other positions and we have the deeper bench.

Offensively - They run a slow paced offense with a lot of freedom baskets. They focus on a balanced offense coming out of the Princeton set.

Defensively - They are a man to man team all the way around.

Next Week Moves

We are still going to favor the outside. Jackson is going to go back to starting at the PF spot, With Spears backing him up. We will keep it as a pretty much Freedom style offense coming out of the Triangle.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 06-30-2008 at 04:55 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #102
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Excuse me? Playing BEHIND someone?

Rob Nielsen only plays behind naked women.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:00 PM   #103
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Excuse me? Playing BEHIND someone?

Rob Nielsen only plays behind naked women.

LOL, well Glenn Cornell became a force, something I wasn't expecting. And in fact he has been a scorer in big games was a shocker. We will see how you pan out coming into the season.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:15 PM   #104
MacroGuru
Coordinator

January 8 2010

Not a bad week as we pull the W out and put us one step closer to post season play.

Longwood 73 - 82

Our player of the game was a surprise as PG Daniel Rivers decided he wanted to be a part of our scoring offense. 19 pts, 2 assists, 5 rebs and 1 steal.

Glenn scored 10 points but had me on his ass for all of the 3 pointers he was hoisting up (10). Jace is our better 3 point shooter and he went 2-2 from beyond the arc. Brad Jackson scored his 10 points and Ed Stanley was just a workhorse and did everything that was needed to win.

Other Recruits

PF John Williams IUPUI
John is still teetering waiting to bust out of his slump, he had a 10 point game and a 5 point game this week. But his rebounds are where he is helping the most.

Next Week

We have 2 games coming up, and we need to close them both out. It's getting fun as the guys are enjoying things and the chemistry in the locker room is great.

@ Presbyterian

Their best player is PG Gerald Williams but Donald Rivers is up to the task of handling him. We have the better talent at SG and SF, but we are equal with them every where else.

Offensively - They run a normal paced offense that is structured, not allowing a lot of freedom. The attack from the outside and run it out of the Princeton.

Defensively - They are a pure man to man team.

Savannah State

We are looking at competing against a talented center in Andrew Ostler, in fact looking at the scouting report, Savannah has us in the PG, PF, and C spots, we beat them in the SG and are equals with the SF and bench play.

Offensive - They run a normal paced offense with a some offensive freedom. They sport a balanced attack out of a motion offense.

Defensive - They are a pure man to man team.

Recruit News
Recruit Sean Treacy called us and let us know we were on his short list, I informed him he would have to walk on, and if he was looking for a scholarship, we do not have one available right now.

I hate to say it, when you tell us to kiss off, we go else where fast.

Next Weeks moves

We are not making any drastic moves.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:57 PM   #105
MacroGuru
Coordinator

January 15 2010

Wow what a week, an intense game on the road and a big one at home. And yes, we were able to walk away with wins from both games. However, the one that was supposed to a cake walk for us went into OT.

@ Presbyterian 100 - 89

SG Ed Stanley walks away with the Player of the game honors and a double - double. He had 16 points, 5 assists, 11 rebounds, 2 blocks and 2 steals. C Chris Lee was his doubles partner as he pulled down 11 points and 11 rebounds. Glenn pulled another 16 points and again our little PG has some attitude as he dropped 16 points as well.

A seldom used SG Travis McMillan hurt himself in the second half in his 2 minutes on the court, He strained his quad and will be out for about 13 games.

Savannah St 73 - 81

I can see it now, a new advertising campaign for the rest of the season: "The Little Point Guard Who Could". Daniel Rivers is on fire still as we walk away with the win and he has the player of the game honors with 18 points, 5 assists, 2 rebounds, and a block.

Glenn dropped 19 and Jace hunter added another 9. Jace is also 31% 3 pt shooter right now. He has nailed some key 3's for us.

Other Recruits
PF John Williams IUPUI

Alright, John is back in his old form scoring 19 and 8 points but getting double digit rebounds in both games.

Next Week

We have another 2 games next week, and I feel they are going to get tougher as we start building that bullseye on our back. Right now we are sitting at 10 - 6, our RPI is 194. Memphis is ranked 25th and sitting at 12 - 5, I know we are not that far off, but I know this much, win out and we are going to the big dance, lose a game and it's the NIT.

@ North Carolina Central

North Carolina has a solid defender and free throw shooter in PF Tremain Boyce, and they follow that up with their C Vidal Jacobs. However we are able to counter with SF Glenn Cornell and SG Ed Stanley.

Offensively - They run a faced paced offense that generates some freedom baskets. They sport a balanced attack using the motion offense.

Texas Pan American

Their best player is C Jimmy Burns. However we have a deeper bench. This game scares me, and I am happy to be playing this one at home.

Offensively - They run a normal paced offense with some freedom baskets. They have a balanced attack and run it out of a high post offense.

Next Week Moves
Travis is now out of the lineup for 8 more days giving Jace additional time on the floor. But we are going to keep our offensive focus on favor outside. Especially with the big guys at North Carolina and Texas.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:06 PM   #106
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I have to talk with Gary before I continue further.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 07-03-2008 at 10:08 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote