Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #101
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Stupid question...how do you turn on sliders? I go to options and all I get is Skill stuff?
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #102
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Custom skill level allows you to change sliders, and you can click A on each subset to get more individualized sliders.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #103
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

How are you guys playing franchise if at all? I feel like I REALLY want to start one but should wait for the first patch which hopefully will be soon.

I wish we knew what the first (and even 2nd) patch was going to include.
Mike Lowe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #104
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
How are you guys playing franchise if at all? I feel like I REALLY want to start one but should wait for the first patch which hopefully will be soon.

I wish we knew what the first (and even 2nd) patch was going to include.

I might start one tonight, just to get used to it then start a real one in the next week or so.

Played a game with speed diff. at 70 and it definitely made passing in the flats and to TEs a little more difficult.

I got beat by Seattle 14-13 as Tampa Bay. They scored the winning TD with 1:27 to play and I missed a 50 yard FG as time expired.

Last edited by Balldog : 08-16-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #105
rowech
Pro Starter

THe more I play this game, the more I wonder if I'm too old to play it. I'm good on offense but my defense is just wretched.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #106
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
THe more I play this game, the more I wonder if I'm too old to play it. I'm good on offense but my defense is just wretched.

I'm the same way but I think that's because I never played football at any level and don't understand which defensive plays are set for the pass or the run. I'm ok on obvious passing or running downs but on 1st and 2nd and around 6 or 7 yards I always guess wrong.

When I'm on offense I go seven-12 plays for a TD. When I get on defense I usually give up a huge play for a TD, something like a 40-70 yard play, because I guess wrong and the RB breaks free from the first group of defenders and there's no one left in my secondary.

I really like the breakdown segments because they show you why a play worked or why it didn't work. I feel like I need to read up on football strategy to have fun playing defense and give myself a chance in the game.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #107
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey32 View Post
What plays are you calling on defense when they have 2 wr? 3wr? 4wr? out on offense? 4/3, nickle, dime, etc?
Also there are plays to stop teams that like to throw to their TE too.

I feel I'm always in good defensive packages and tend to have plays stopped...I tend to do just a terrible job of taking and angle and tackling.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #108
The Jackal
Coordinator

I started a fantasy draft team with 15 minute quarters (15 second accelerated clock) and it's going quite well through two games. A bit more offense than you'd normally see, but that's fine. I really enjoy seeing 15 minute quarters. Had a 16 play, 69 yard, 9:28 drive in the fourth quarter against the Tom Brady led rams to secure a victory. Nothing bad to say about the game thus far.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #109
lungs
Pro Rookie

So I thought last years version stunk. Will I feel the same about this year's?
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #110
Izulde
Head Coach

I hate FOFC sometimes.

I bought Madden '10 today. :P

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #111
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
So I thought last years version stunk. Will I feel the same about this year's?

First impressions - no. I thought last year's was pretty stale as far as advancement in gameplay, and there were some buggy plays that worked too easily. This year I've been very pleased with what I've seen.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #112
The Jackal
Coordinator

The only thing that's bothered me thus far is the frequency that I've had passes picked by defensive linemen, whereas my defensive linemen like to let it clunk off their hands. But I've had a very small sample size so far, that'll probably even out.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:33 PM   #113
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
I feel I'm always in good defensive packages and tend to have plays stopped...I tend to do just a terrible job of taking and angle and tackling.

I've never been good at that. Take a DL and rush the passer every down.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:22 PM   #114
bhlloy
Coordinator

So my second game of the preseason I also dominated the Pats, Brady and O'Connell threw 5 INT's between them. This is at Pass Defense skill at 16 and run defense skill at 12. Starting to get a little worried this game might be too easy on defense, unless I get to the regular season and teams actually start playing like their real selves. Brady should shred my defense. For some reason he didn't throw a pass over 10 yards the entire half. Going back to jack up the defensive skill settings some more and see how the third game goes.

On offense I had real trouble running the ball (as I should against the Pats defensive front) but the passing game is still a blast.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #115
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
So my second game of the preseason I also dominated the Pats, Brady and O'Connell threw 5 INT's between them. This is at Pass Defense skill at 16 and run defense skill at 12. Starting to get a little worried this game might be too easy on defense, unless I get to the regular season and teams actually start playing like their real selves. Brady should shred my defense. For some reason he didn't throw a pass over 10 yards the entire half. Going back to jack up the defensive skill settings some more and see how the third game goes.

On offense I had real trouble running the ball (as I should against the Pats defensive front) but the passing game is still a blast.

Don't worry, I have it set on All-Madden and defense is not a walk in the park in regular season games. Any QB can tear you apart if you don't get pressure on them.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #116
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Don't worry, I have it set on All-Madden and defense is not a walk in the park in regular season games. Any QB can tear you apart if you don't get pressure on them.

As I found out after holding Adrian Petersen to 31 yards on 22 carries and Tavarias Jackson sliced through me for 331 yards in the air.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #117
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
As I found out after holding Adrian Petersen to 31 yards on 22 carries and Tavarias Jackson sliced through me for 331 yards in the air.

Thomas Jones tore me up for 200+ rushing/receiving in my first game, friggin Matt Hasselback couldn't make a mistake. But I've got Aaron Rodgers, Chris Johnson, Kellen Winslow, Vincent Jackson, and guess who my favorite receiver is ... Darius Heyward-Bey!
Old 08-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #118
samifan24
Pro Starter

Are you guys changing the sliders to have these huge rushing games? I've never topped 100 rushing yards in a game with 12 minute quarters yet. The computer has done it against me but that's always because of single big plays not a sustained effort. I'm playing on "My Madden" level and I'm a beginner but still, I should see good RBs tear up at least mediocre defenses.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:02 PM   #119
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Are you guys changing the sliders to have these huge rushing games? I've never topped 100 rushing yards in a game with 12 minute quarters yet. The computer has done it against me but that's always because of single big plays not a sustained effort. I'm playing on "My Madden" level and I'm a beginner but still, I should see good RBs tear up at least mediocre defenses.

I haven't even seen the option for "My Madden" level. I just set it on All-Madden to begin the season. CJ had 83 yards in game 1 and 101 in game 2.

It's damn hard to run to the outside unless you have stellar blocking. Computer players come off blocks very quickly.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #120
samifan24
Pro Starter

I assume that "My Madden" tailors the game to my own gameplay? Meaning if I'm a better passer it makes passing more difficult and rushing easier?
Old 08-16-2009, 07:12 PM   #121
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I assume that "My Madden" tailors the game to my own gameplay? Meaning if I'm a better passer it makes passing more difficult and rushing easier?

Yes, that's the way it worked last year. It changes itself game by game to reflect how you've been playing. If you start dominating through the air, it'll get harder to pass, and vice-versa. Just be aware of the changing difficulty level.

But passing and rushing are separate entities. If you pass very well and still get good gains on rushes but don't rush very often, it's still going to get harder to run, if that makes sense.

Last edited by The Jackal : 08-16-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #122
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Okay, I spent the afternoon just playing a few 5 minute quarter games. With everyone finally asleep, I get my first game with the DB sliders (15 min quarters/20 sec accelerated clock).

I play the Texans against the Raiders to try things out.

The first quarter is pretty much an exchange of punts. McFadden breaks one big run on me to get the Raiders a FG, but nothing exciting.

End of the 1st: Raiders 3, Texans 0.

I finally start putting together one of my classics drives. Lots of running with Slaton (who is great in this game) and lots of passes underneath to Johnson and Daniels with some flares to Slaton. I get a TD. The rest of the quarter, I get stalled. The Raiders stack against the run and Schaub is inconsistent at best. Meanwhile, McFadden continues to run rough shot over my defense. Luckily I hold them to mostly FGs except on McFadden TD run.

Halftime: Raiders 16, Texans 7.

The 3rd quarter is a disaster. Russell suddenly is on fire with his passes (he was pretty bad in the 1st half) but it probably helps there's a lot of one on one coverage as I try to slow McFadden down. I manage a FG on one decent drive, but that's all.

3rd Quarter: Raiders 29, Texans 10.

I finally hit my first pass of over 15 yards, a 34 yarder to Daniels. That helps set up a Slaton 2 yard run. I'm within striking distance with about 8 minutes left. The Raiders are forced to punt and I finally get my break. I hit Andre Johnson on a slant. The safety takes a bad angle (his first the whole game) and Johnson runs 66 yds for a TD. Now it's a ball game, with about 5 minutes left. The Raiders have a long drive, but miss a 50 yard field goal. I get the ball, 2:20 left. Since I'm about at midfield, I mix in a few Slaton runs and Slaton has a nice 15 yard catch on an out route. Leach, the FB, breaks a tackle to get us to first and goal from the 7. Here are the next 4 plays (I'm down 29-24)

1st and goal from the 7: I-Form Tight, stretch run. I call the play, then realize Slaton is out (tired). Brown gains one yard.

2nd and goal from the 6. I call a timeout hoping Slaton gets back in. He doesn't. This time I call a pass designed to hit Daniels on a crossing route. He gets bumped, catches it, but is tackled for no yardage.

3rd and goal from the 6. I go shotgun, calling a play where Daniels takes the out route while the receivers run in above him. I'm going for Daniels, but have Brown coming out of the backfield. The pass is dropped, 4th down.

4th and goal from the 6. Well, if I'm going down, I'm going to Andre Johnson. I call a slant play for him, drawing the safety to the slot with a corner route and Daniels hitting the flat. Johnson cuts and has his man....TOUCHDOWN!

I score with 23 seconds left. Raiders get stuck deep on the kick and the final:

Texans 31, Raiders 29.

A 21 point forth quarter in a game where the Raiders basically got too conservative with the ball and Schaub finally hit some targets consistently.

Stat wise, there was too much passing, not enough running on both sides. I thought the Raiders should have used McFadden more, but they basically went pass happy in the 3rd, mostly because I was stacking the line.

Stats:

Raiders Passing: Russell 24-40 354 yds 1-1

Raiders Running: McFadden 21-139, Fargas 3-5

Raiders Receiving (best 3): Schilens 7-73, Neal 5-69, Heyward-Bey 4-67

Texans Passing: Schaub 30-59 356 2-0

Texans Rushing: Slaton 18-86, Brown 2-5

Texans Receiving (best 3): Slaton 10-107, Johson 8-133, Daniels 6-68
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #123
The Jackal
Coordinator

I am starting to get very annoyed with defensive linemen getting interceptions multiple times per game.

I'm actually starting to be of the opinion that this is a serious game flaw that needs to be fixed in a patch.

Is anyone else having this problem or am I getting that unlucky?

Last edited by The Jackal : 08-16-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #124
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

After last season's I have been avoiding this year's like the plague. Now I am curious, and may have to find a way to get this purchase past the wife. What sucks is the games that I would trade in I currently have lent out to friends.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:28 PM   #125
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

So are most playing with straight difficulty settings or doing the madden skill level thingy?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #126
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I have not had one DL pick yet. I've played five or six games so far.

And by the way, I'm liking the game a lot. This is my first version in more than a few years. Thanks for convincing me to get the game.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #127
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I have not had one DL pick yet. I've played five or six games so far.

And by the way, I'm liking the game a lot. This is my first version in more than a few years. Thanks for convincing me to get the game.

It's getting crazy. I can think of 10 defensive line picks off the top of my head I've seen already.

And 0 of them were by my teams.

Last edited by The Jackal : 08-16-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #128
RainMaker
General Manager

I picked this up today and it's better than last year. I guess my problem is with defense. I don't feel like I have much control over what happens. If they want a first down, they'll get one regardless of what you do. This has always been a big gripe for me with Madden. It almost feels like Coach Mode on defense.

Offensively I was able to dominate with Greg Olsen. They can't cover tight ends at all. 12 catches for 142 yards and it could have been more if I wanted to.

It's early but it feels like they improved some areas but made others worse. Still think this franchise needs a complete gameplay overhaul.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:38 PM   #129
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
It's getting crazy. I can think of 10 defensive line picks off the top of my head I've seen already.

I haven't played enough but the computer has 3 against me and I've yet to get one.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:43 PM   #130
Jughead Spock
High School Varsity

For whatever it's worth, I'm retiring my 2k5 finally. The things I talked about in my first post, I've found the 'fixes' or things I was missing. I won't say it kills 2k5, but it definitely kills Madden 06-07-08-09.

I think with some maturation - patches and user recommendations on sliders, et al. - this could be great. At this point, my biggest beef is with the interface, which is certainly manageable.

Some of my gripes, that I think can be fixed with patching/sliders, echoing others -

Breaking tackles is a pain in the ass, insomuch that the computer does it far too much.

TEs are unstoppable, especially Gates.

I've not seen the DL picks yet.

No training camp, that kinda blows. But if it keeps it from freezing, guess that's a fair tradeoff.

Last edited by Jughead Spock : 08-16-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Jughead Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:29 PM   #131
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
So are most playing with straight difficulty settings or doing the madden skill level thingy?

I'm playing with custom sliders that have QB accuracy down for both sides as well as interceptions. With interceptions at 15, I've played 7 games since the last time a DL caught a pick. I forget the rest of my sliders (but I know pass rush is increased for both sides) and am about to head to bed.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-16-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:43 PM   #132
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Played over 40 games online and I can't remember more than 2 DL picks.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:49 PM   #133
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm playing with custom sliders that have QB accuracy down for both sides as well as interceptions. With interceptions at 15, I've played 7 games since the last time a DL caught a pick. I forget the rest of my sliders (but I know pass rush is increased for both sides) and am about to head to bed.

Thanks..
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:22 AM   #134
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

For those of you struggling with defense I suggest you mix up what you do and play to the strength of your cornerbacks. For instance if your CBs are better at zone then you should lean toward more zones, if they are better at m2m then more m2m.

One more tip save that all out blitz until the second half and do it on a 3rd and 5ish play... I have had amazing results doing that.

Spoiler
Old 08-17-2009, 01:18 AM   #135
aran
High School Varsity

Try to run a screen play. In my games against my brother, he has run a few of them and has had two 40+ yard plays. Defenses are TERRIBLE at reading screens. The only reason I stopped him short of a big plays was due to poor WR blocking or the OL choosing to block the wrong guys or just being boneheaded.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:27 AM   #136
RainMaker
General Manager

Seems to be a money play. Same with tight ends. Someone on OS tried the sliders and was still able to score every trip down by running the RBs in the flat. I'll have to give it a shot since I didn't throw too much to my RBs or with the sliders on OS.

If I get the same results, I'll throw it up on EBay. Pissed I bought into the hype.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:45 AM   #137
Philliesfan980
Banned

Very fun game, but I think this confirms that I'm no longer interested in console sports games.

If anyone wants to buy my copy for the PS3, shoot me a PM. I'll accept the first reasonable offer I get.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:48 AM   #138
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:

The only DL picks I've had are against me and they're when my QB gets drilled just as I throw it. Frustrating when it happens but they're my fault.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:54 AM   #139
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Perhaps the DL pick issue is you throwing while getting hit too much? Not seeing it here either.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:23 AM   #140
Epi_862
Mascot

You know, for the people that still think wether to buy it or not... A couple of pointers.

First of all, yes, the gameplay is the best next-gen football game by miles. No doubt about it. Playing online is very fun, especially with someone you know plays realistic football. Franchise is very much streamlined, and more fun.

BUT.

If you are not comfortable with adjusting the sliders A LOT, the singleplayer game will grow stale. Thankfully, the sliders can make the game balanced.

Im normally not too good at madden - but my first franchise season i went 14-2, and to the SB (lost to Steelers)... With the Pack. Now, that is in the realm of possibility, but for two things: Rodgers threw more picks than TD's - 28/33, and my only RB Grant rushed for 4 TD's with a 2.8 average. No team should be 14-2 with absolutely NO running game and turnovers galore.

I played at All-pro, and the computer never could rush. The comp would always be under 3 ypc, and very often under two. And im NOT that good at this game, and the packers front seven isnt THAT awesome.

Interceptions happen WAY too often (Woodson broke the season int record in week ten, the team had over 45 picks in the season), and the computer seems to blitz all the time, so passing to your backs and TE's is a better option mostly all the time.

SO, what im saying is, the gameplay is EXCELLENT, but wildly unbalanced. If you like to play with the sliders to find a balance, it'll be really good. If you dont, on the other hand, it'll grow stale. At least if you look for realistic results. Now, as a disclaimer, i hate sliders. I feel like the designers should balance the game out, not players.

But yeah, hopefully this helps some of you. Im still liking the game, and have had some progress with the sliders, and maybe i'll start a new franchise after the roster update with better settings.
Epi_862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:24 AM   #141
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aran View Post
Try to run a screen play. In my games against my brother, he has run a few of them and has had two 40+ yard plays. Defenses are TERRIBLE at reading screens. The only reason I stopped him short of a big plays was due to poor WR blocking or the OL choosing to block the wrong guys or just being boneheaded.

This has been the case for me, too. Screen play to the RB who just takes off for 40+ yards almost every time.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:38 AM   #142
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Nice write up Epi_862 - this is the reason why I will not but Madden this year. I have the same issues with previous Maddens - the game just becomes very stale to me.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 08-17-2009 at 07:38 AM.
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #143
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Epi, have you tried setting the difficulty to "My Madden", where it adjusts the difficulty based on your success or failure?
Old 08-17-2009, 09:36 AM   #144
Epi_862
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Epi, have you tried setting the difficulty to "My Madden", where it adjusts the difficulty based on your success or failure?

No, i really, really dislike the whole concept.

First of all, i really think the feeling of accomplishment would go with it. The game would always be easy. I would not be able to have "off days", without it making the next game really easy. It would totally destroy the immersion for me. I'd like to be challenged by constant difficulty, with realistic stats, and win or lose. I dont mind losing, that really is not the point, but i want to lose a realistic game. If i throw five picks (as i've done before ) it's on me.

Secondly, when im only controlling one player (OLB matthews) on defense, and the computer runs 25 times for 32 yards, it's really not my skill per se that is the issue, it's that the basic difficulty has great balance issues.

I just want to find slider settings that make the run work on both sides, not just on mine, and the idea of a dynamic difficulty setting is really bad to me. Like i said, i want the challenge to be constant, realistic, and i want to fail becouse i play bad, and win becouse i play well, not becouse the computer deliberatly plays bad just i cant win otherwise.

Make any sense?
Old 08-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #145
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epi_862 View Post
No, i really, really dislike the whole concept.

First of all, i really think the feeling of accomplishment would go with it. The game would always be easy. I would not be able to have "off days", without it making the next game really easy. It would totally destroy the immersion for me. I'd like to be challenged by constant difficulty, with realistic stats, and win or lose. I dont mind losing, that really is not the point, but i want to lose a realistic game. If i throw five picks (as i've done before ) it's on me.

Secondly, when im only controlling one player (OLB matthews) on defense, and the computer runs 25 times for 32 yards, it's really not my skill per se that is the issue, it's that the basic difficulty has great balance issues.

I just want to find slider settings that make the run work on both sides, not just on mine, and the idea of a dynamic difficulty setting is really bad to me. Like i said, i want the challenge to be constant, realistic, and i want to fail becouse i play bad, and win becouse i play well, not becouse the computer deliberatly plays bad just i cant win otherwise.

Make any sense?

I guess you should bump it to All Madden then?
Old 08-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #146
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980 View Post
Very fun game, but I think this confirms that I'm no longer interested in console sports games.

If anyone wants to buy my copy for the PS3, shoot me a PM. I'll accept the first reasonable offer I get.

I'm also open to a trade. Is it bad taste here to open a new thread to sell/trade games?
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:20 AM   #147
Logan
Head Coach

Only played a few games so far, but definitely loving it. Had a great game with the Vikings playing against Atlanta, I won 38-34 after being down 10 late, scored a TD, actually recovered the onside kick, and scored again with 20 seconds left for the win.

My favorite aspects so far are the DL play and the WR animations, especially the over the shoulder catch in stride.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:30 AM   #148
Epi_862
Mascot

Quote:
I guess you should bump it to All Madden then?

But thats the issue. If on all-pro, both me and the CPU run half of what we should, how will making running harder help it? This all comes back to my original point. If you want to enjoy this great game to its full potential, you need to use custom sliders. And i think it's backwards. The normal difficulty levels should be balanced.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #149
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
The only DL picks I've had are against me and they're when my QB gets drilled just as I throw it. Frustrating when it happens but they're my fault.

I'd say about half of them have happened while I've been hit and the other half have been straight bullet passes caught by defensive linemen. But still, even if you get hit, defensive linemen shouldn't be making so many interceptions. I only just learned about the flick of the right stick in the pocket, so maybe that will help.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #150
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epi_862 View Post
But thats the issue. If on all-pro, both me and the CPU run half of what we should, how will making running harder help it? This all comes back to my original point. If you want to enjoy this great game to its full potential, you need to use custom sliders. And i think it's backwards. The normal difficulty levels should be balanced.

But everybody's playing levels are different. That's one of the things that cracks me up when everybody starts talking about using this guy's sliders, etc. What works for one guy isn't going to work for another.