Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #101
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I JUST THREW A NO-NO!!!

My first ever.

Analog pitching...Red Sox (Bucholz) vs. Yankees.

Only blemish on the game was 2 walks (one of which was in the top of the 9th and setup the game-ending DP).

Fuck I feel like a winner right now!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #102
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Dola

Holy crap, what a difference a batting view makes. I was striking-out 15+ times a game and the batting analysis tool would be blanketed with "Orange K-balls" out of the zone low.

2 games with the new view and K's are down. 7 one game and 11 the next (RP was really in a groove getting calls and throwing BB's, nice to be dominated when it doesn't feel cheap). However the batter analysis showed a only one K on a ball below the zone

I gotta try this view...I'm the exact same way.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #103
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

One funny "bug" in the game involving the crowd...

As an away player I have swung and missed at pitches that were close and the crowd has booed. The only pattern that I have found is that it is only on a close pitch. I wonder if they are reacting to what the umpire would have called the pitch (a ball) instead of the result of the play (my swinging strike).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #104
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I JUST THREW A NO-NO!!!

My first ever.

Only blemish on the game was 2 walks (one of which was in the top of the 9th and setup the game-ending DP).

Nice!!!

Closest I got was into the 9th.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #105
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Oh, also a thank you for the batting view suggestion. That has helped a LOT.

I went on on of the biggest tears with my ROTS player after getting used to that view. Had a 10 game stretch where I hit over .500 with 6 homeruns and 24 RBI's (one game the rest of my team pissed me off though as I had 8 RBI's and we lost the game 9-8.... Come On! ).
Old 03-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #106
WSR
Mascot

Quote:
I gotta try this view...I'm the exact same way.

What view is this?
Old 03-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #107
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSR View Post
What view is this?

The one that Sweed described a few posts back.

Basically take "catcher view" and edit it - rotate the axis down so you're essentially looking straight-on to the pitcher and then zoom in so the front edge of the plate is just barely visible.

Obviously if you're not doing RTTS it will vary based on the size of your batter, but I think the key is really the axis being rotated so you're straight on with the pitcher (instead of being elevated) as far as recognizing stuff in/out of the zone, and also being zoomed in a bit closer.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #108
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I JUST THREW A NO-NO!!!

My first ever.

Very cool, congrats. I know I've never thrown one and IIRC a 2 hitter with Zambrano is as close as I've come.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #109
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Very cool, congrats. I know I've never thrown one and IIRC a 2 hitter with Zambrano is as close as I've come.

Thanks!

And I guess the balance is good - I just was the victim of a 3-hit shutout by Andy Sonnenstine of TB, so that's cool.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #110
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

So what's everyone thoughts on this year's Show? RTTS pretty much same as previous versions? Are there any game breaker bugs?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:59 AM   #111
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
So what's everyone thoughts on this year's Show? RTTS pretty much same as previous versions? Are there any game breaker bugs?

RTTS is way better as the goals system has been totally revamped. Now you don't have stupid goals per at bat, instead it evaluates each at bat and gives you points based on how do you work the count etc. It has improved a lot.

About game breaking bugs, same as past year, rookies are too good and develop too fast, so after a few years you will see stars sitting in FA as not any team wants to pay their salaries when they can get cheaper rookies that perform as good. They know about it and are supposed to be working on a patch to fix it. Not a game breaking bug for me as i play mainly RTTS and pay more attention to my player than to others, but in franchise or if you care a lot about the game world realism, it could bother you.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #112
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I LOVE the changes in the goal system in RTTS. You can actually have a goot at bat and not get punished for it (like crushing a line drive that gets caught could yield a better 'goal' result than a weak dribbler that ends in an infield single).
Old 03-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #113
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I just took a perfect game into the 7th inning before a walk and a single ruined it.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:48 AM   #114
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Just a heads-up, "Operation Sports Full Minors 2011" roster came out last night.

MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version) - Operation Sports Forums

Very cool to have these before opening day.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:03 PM   #115
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Crud, I think my controller is going on me. It started the other day and last night it was unplayable as almost every swing that I took ended as a check swing.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:47 PM   #116
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just a heads-up, "Operation Sports Full Minors 2011" roster came out last night.

MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version) - Operation Sports Forums

Very cool to have these before opening day.

Awesome news, but not sure if I want to abandon the Red Sox dynasty that I already started where I took advantage of the default Rosters to sign Vlad Guerrero onto the Red Sox
Old 03-31-2011, 09:10 PM   #117
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

For the record, it looks like SCEA has found and implemented a fix for the glitches that kill Franny's/RTTS's and is now in bug testing mode.

MLB 11 The Show Franchise Changes For Next Title Update - Operation Sports Forums

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 03-31-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #118
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I can't get Carl Crawford to hit. I'm fucking raking with everyone else...even Jed Lowrie is hitting over .300 after like 10 games, but Crawford is down at .200. I seem to let first pitch strikes go by with him, then swing at whatever is thrown second pitch (or I don't swing and it's a strike) and then I can't hit with him with 2 strikes.

Or I actually square a ball up and make solid contact and hit it right at somebody.

It's maddening.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #119
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
For the record, it looks like SCEA has found and implemented a fix for the glitches that kill Franny's/RTTS's and is now in bug testing mode.

MLB 11 The Show Franchise Changes For Next Title Update - Operation Sports Forums

Why are words like fix and roster starred out over there? It looks stupid.

Good news though. Hopefully I can finally start a franchise in a few weeks.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #120
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Why are words like fix and roster starred out over there? It looks stupid.

Good news though. Hopefully I can finally start a franchise in a few weeks.

That does look odd. Also the letters dj in Adjust are getting the star treatment and the word cat (or wherever those letters appear in a word).

Last edited by EagleFan : 04-01-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #121
nZane
n00b

Something to do with April Fool's Day, I'd guess.
nZane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #122
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

The second (and most likely final) patch has been released. Here is the verdict.

The game-breaking FA bug is still there, only it's been pushed out one in-game year. You can kill the bug by playing a franchise and turning off budgets, however for those who strictly play RTTS (arguably the signature mode of the game) you are once again shit out of luck. By the time you hit your fourth year in-game, you will begin seeing Cy Young winners from the previous year going unsigned, and a FA pool filled indefinitely with all of the best players in the league.

SCEA fail. MBBF, I changed my mind about these guys. This will be three plus years of the same bug not being fixed. Fuck 'em. I'm sticking to OOTP.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #123
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The second (and most likely final) patch has been released. Here is the verdict.

The game-breaking FA bug is still there, only it's been pushed out one in-game year. You can kill the bug by playing a franchise and turning off budgets, however for those who strictly play RTTS (arguably the signature mode of the game) you are once again shit out of luck. By the time you hit your fourth year in-game, you will begin seeing Cy Young winners from the previous year going unsigned, and a FA pool filled indefinitely with all of the best players in the league.

SCEA fail. MBBF, I changed my mind about these guys. This will be three plus years of the same bug not being fixed. Fuck 'em. I'm sticking to OOTP.

Fucking lame.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #124
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:

This is shameful...really is. EA sports like.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #125
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I bought a PS3 just for this game, but am skipping this game this year because of this issue
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #126
Izulde
Head Coach

I skipped the last two years because of those issues.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #127
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm new to The Show and absolutely love it. The full analog controls for pitching, hitting and fielding are excellent.

It's definitely a full gaming experience and has me playing, "just one more" into the wee hours...
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #128
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

This might sound weird, but the game looks much better when I set the ps3 to 1080p only. Only game I have to do that.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:54 PM   #129
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

First year playing The Show. Bought a PS3 specifically for it. Has there ever been problems with fielding or am I just doing something wrong? It's seemed to really crop up in the latest World Series for me. Using custom sliders so I seem to be on a level playing field with my opponents. Down 2 games to 0 against the Tigers, and in a pivotal game three, I've had three plays in the outfield where I will direct my guy towards the circle, but after he gets there I notice I need to adjust him a little one direction and the minute I do that he's almost falling all over himself and then the ball just rolls all over the outfield.

Soul crushing.

EDIT: Franchise. Reds. Jay Bruce is no slouch in RF so I don't think it's ratings, is it?

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 07-12-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #130
JediKooter
Coordinator

I'd be happy if my first baseman in my Road to the Show, would field a grounder hit slightly to his left or right.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #131
JediKooter
Coordinator

Maybe I missed it in this thread, but, does there seem to be an unusually high number of bunts that are popped up by the AI team and they bunt A LOT?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote