Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-03-2015, 11:04 PM   #101
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
It's weird also to create white guy like I am in reality and to have black parents and specially a "twin" sister (at least they could have said ¡'m adopted).

Besides that minor issue, I hate scripted stories and I would love to have the option to just skip it, else I don't see myself starting several careers in different positions.

From my understanding you can skip the cutscenes once you've finished it once? Haven't tried it though.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:16 PM   #102
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Spike Lee killed the MyCareer mode. You have no control over anything other than selecting the college you go to for 1 year. You can't stay in college, you can't control any of the storyline or backstory, you don't even have a choice of voices like last year, you can't change nicknames and the freqing nickname sticks with you for the whole career. They should have made the Spike Lee thing a separate mode.

I'm not bitter.

So every MyPlayer I create in this year's version will have the same nickname? And you have to do the first year Spike Lee stuff with each player?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:45 AM   #103
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
So every MyPlayer I create in this year's version will have the same nickname? And you have to do the first year Spike Lee stuff with each player?

You can change the nickname audio for the announcers once you get there.

But yeah, for the most part it will be Freq.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:02 AM   #104
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
You can change the nickname audio for the announcers once you get there.

But yeah, for the most part it will be Freq.

Where do you do this? I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:25 PM   #105
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

One very nice touch:

I simmed through my first season of MyGM with the 76ers and of course I tanked the season with the plan to get another high draft pick and go hard in 16's FA class. Anyway, my interest level was low throughout the season but as the season ended and the fans realized we had a great chance at the 1st pick, our fan's interest went way up.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 02:57 PM   #106
rjolley
College Starter

I can't switch off of 2K15 yet. I'm running the Bulls with the most dominant center I have ever had in the game. He's 7'3, 340 pounds, and made Shaq look small. He's rated as an A+ inside defender and rebounder, is more athletic than most PFs, and just increased his perimeter D to an A.

Along with him, I have an SG that's been an excellent all around player to give me an inside/outside attack, a PF that's 7'0 and an excellent defender and rebounder, and solid a PG and SF to round out the starting 5. Behind them, there are 5 players that rotate in and we become Kentucky from last year, doing hockey line substitutions.

Yes, it's unrealistic, and yes, we go 77-5 and win the championship. The fun part is being able to trade away pieces to have replacements for overpriced players or players that I don't fit the way I play. Need an SF that can shoot from the outside better or a better playmaker at PG? Trade my starting PG or SF or one of my bench players for a player that fits in better. The players that I trade away usually go on to play very well. They just don't fit the way I play or I don't do as well controlling them for whatever reason.

Hopefully, 2K16 will do better at protecting picks and planning out a couple of years. Or, maybe I need to make some house rules and not make trades. Or only make the trades that the computer offers with no adjustments. It's too easy to dangle my 1st round pick that's usually #30 for players or picks. I've set up my roster of HOF players this weekend, so I'll get a myGM session going with it possibly tonight.

Last edited by rjolley : 10-05-2015 at 02:58 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:07 PM   #107
Groundhog
Coordinator

I found some sliders that I'm happier with - they were someone else's from 2K Share, that had had around 28 updates made to them. I bumped the AI's midrange and 3pt shooting down a few notches still because open shots from nearly everyone were still money.

I quick-simmed through 2 seasons of MyGM (which with all the press conferences/meeting actions is not so quick) with the Sixers, and I've got the 9th ranked roster in the league. Traded Noel and Embiid (forgot to enable real-life injuries at the start of the game), and I'm now rolling out Okafor (now at 87 OVR)-Batum-McDaniels(77 OVR SF, #2 pick in 2016 draft)-Murkovic(79 OVR SG, #1 pick in 2017 draft, traded #3 and #10 for him)-Exum.

One thing I've noticed through a few aborted MyGM games is that each season the same couple of guys become easily available, and one of them is Drummond. It's super easy to get your hands on him - I've banned myself from trading for him.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:22 PM   #108
rjolley
College Starter

Groundhog: Is it still pretty easy to assemble a roster of 80+ players? If so, I will have to play with house rules of some type.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:29 PM   #109
bhlloy
Coordinator

I've noticed during my aborted mygm games that Derrick Favors is always available for pennies on the dollar - it seems that if the AI has more than two or three decent big men it's perfectly willing to give away the one on the biggest contract even though it's completely ludicrous. Not a massive deal but I do have to put in a house rule to not pick him up.

Far more interested to hear which sliders you are using, if you remember the screen name. Still hate the on court play even with a number of tweaks I've made
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:39 PM   #110
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Groundhog: Is it still pretty easy to assemble a roster of 80+ players? If so, I will have to play with house rules of some type.

In general I'd say trading is much harder, and not just because there's less guys rated in the 80s. My first attempt was a MyLeague with Sacramento, with the goal of moving Cousins for Okafor or DeAngelo Russell. Not only could I not get either of those guys for Cousins, but no team in the league was really willing to give me anyone of substance for what I'd consider a franchise player.

Teams have a few guys who they are looking to move for whatever reason - Isaiah Thomas from Boston, Drummond from Detroit - who get offered consistently if you use trade finder, so in that respect it can be easier to land certain guys. If you want to build a trade manually, I've had to give away more than I've got back in return.

Sixers are easy in that you have a lot of future 1st round picks to play with 'out of the box', as well as Noel/Embiid. I was able to move Embiid for Exum which, without default injuries, probably is advantage to Utah, and I moved Noel to trade up in the draft and draft my SF.

As with last year, draft classes look pretty good to me - I've had one stronger draft with a handful of guys in the high 70s, and then a draft where we were down to 68 ranked guys before the top 10 was done.

I found FA tougher and actually lost out on some guys I targeted, and the game definitely does a better job of snatching up the available talent. I think the rating drops have helped here too - there were no guys ranked over 72 available post-FA in either of the two seasons I've simulated.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:43 PM   #111
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I've noticed during my aborted mygm games that Derrick Favors is always available for pennies on the dollar - it seems that if the AI has more than two or three decent big men it's perfectly willing to give away the one on the biggest contract even though it's completely ludicrous. Not a massive deal but I do have to put in a house rule to not pick him up.

Far more interested to hear which sliders you are using, if you remember the screen name. Still hate the on court play even with a number of tweaks I've made

Yup, Favors is the other solid big that is very easy to acquire.

I'll check tonight re: the sliders, I'm on PC so I don't know if it's cross platform depending on what you're playing on. They've made screens workable for me - ie. the defender actually gets caught up in the screen, and reduced the amount of backdoor cuts the AI runs for easy makes. I still see a lot of bad plays though - my guys not picking up players, backing off 3pt shooters, etc. - and I'm wondering if this is by design, to penalize players with poor defensive ratings. It creates too many easy scoring opportunities IMO.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:53 PM   #112
rjolley
College Starter

Thanks for the info. Forgot they changed the grading scale, which will make the game better in the long run. In the first few years of my league, it'll make it more interesting, as I put almost all of the 80+ players from the Legends teams onto the roster. Should be an interesting first couple of seasons.

Maybe I'll do one with the official roster as well...
Old 10-05-2015, 06:19 PM   #113
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Think I'm going to pick up this game. Got a BB gift card for my birthday. Seems like a good opportunity.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 06:54 PM   #114
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I'll check tonight re: the sliders, I'm on PC so I don't know if it's cross platform depending on what you're playing on. They've made screens workable for me - ie. the defender actually gets caught up in the screen, and reduced the amount of backdoor cuts the AI runs for easy makes. I still see a lot of bad plays though - my guys not picking up players, backing off 3pt shooters, etc. - and I'm wondering if this is by design, to penalize players with poor defensive ratings. It creates too many easy scoring opportunities IMO.

I'm on PC, and those are my two biggest complaints, so I'd be very interested to get those sliders if you get a chance. Thanks!
Old 10-05-2015, 06:55 PM   #115
Groundhog
Coordinator

Anyone tossing up between console or PC, I'd say go console. Random crashes during games - usually right before an overlay would be displayed on FTs or timeouts - and less frequently from the main menu. I'd say once every 4 or 5 games.

One crash that works every time is to open a player card from the draft review screen, and use the left or right trigger to navigate to the next player. Boom, draft gone.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:17 PM   #116
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My first draft class (I had the #1 pick) had a 75 rated SG as the top player and a 75 PF as the #2 player. After that, the talent dropped quickly. Very limited sample size but I think MyGM has a better variability of talent for draft pools. Also, I tried very hard to trade away picks for a likely high pick next year, and it seems harder to do. I also tried to trade Noel and got very underwhelming offers... but I could have had Drummond easily. I decided not to do it because I already have 2 quality big guys I want to develop - I had no idea he is quickly traded in every franchise. FWIW, he was unhappy in Detroit and was demanding to be traded...

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-05-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:18 PM   #117
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola - None of the players had "A" potential... which I think the top guys always did last year, so that was nice to see too.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:03 PM   #118
rjolley
College Starter

Thanks for the info, EF27. Nice to see you may have to work to build a championship team.

For the PC crashes, do you know if they've been reported to 2K16? Would be nice to see if they can get the fix into the one or two patches the PC version gets.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:01 PM   #119
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks for the info, EF27. Nice to see you may have to work to build a championship team.

For the PC crashes, do you know if they've been reported to 2K16? Would be nice to see if they can get the fix into the one or two patches the PC version gets.

PC gets much better support now. A patch was released yesterday to fix a few issues and 2k15 received 4 (IIRC) patches.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:53 PM   #120
rjolley
College Starter

I bought 2K15 a little late in the cycle, so I missed a couple of patches. Are there release notes for yesterday's patch?
Old 10-05-2015, 10:16 PM   #121
bhlloy
Coordinator

FWIW, I haven't had a single crash on PC with 2k15 and 2k16. PC setups are so different I don't think anyone's experience is necessarily going to reflect on yours, although that is possibly a reason to get a console version which is homogenous
Old 10-05-2015, 11:35 PM   #122
Groundhog
Coordinator

I haven't seen patch notes for the NBA 2K16 pc path. It was only about 80 megs and the one thing I noticed immediately was that MyTeam (which I only ever select accidentally) no longer immediately crashes to desktop. In game and random navigation crashes are heavily reduced (I had a CTD every 2 games, give or take), but I still see them both less frequently.

Most annoying issue I have right now is that during the game I have auto playcalling enabled with play art, and if the guy handling the ball is not the same player who starts the play, there is no play art at all... If I manually pass it to the guy who starts the play (which is usually easy as he's beyond the arc near the top), then it functions normally, but the former ballhandler jogs to his starting spot verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slowwwwwwwwwwwwly, so there's only 10 or 11 seconds left on the shotclock. This doesn't happen from the opening tip, but seems to surface in the second half.

Just as annoying, the targeted passing also disappears at the same time and doesn't display the icons above the players heads, so you don't know if you have it enabled or not.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:45 AM   #123
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm on PC, and those are my two biggest complaints, so I'd be very interested to get those sliders if you get a chance. Thanks!

Name: #Shady
User: ShadyMikeGaming
Old 10-06-2015, 08:52 AM   #124
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I've made some slight changes to pro sim and am really loving how the game is playing on the court now. Time to see if Brandon Jennings, Eric Gordon (best FA I could get as I struck out on Durant who resigned with the Thunder and LeBron who went to the Lakers) and my rookie SG along with the bigs (Okafor, Noel, and Embiid) can lead the 76ers to some wins

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-06-2015 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:42 AM   #125
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Name: #Shady
User: ShadyMikeGaming

Thanks - plays are still completely borked as the art doesn't come up for anyone other than the ballhandler, but those sliders are pretty money, and I enjoyed the game I played other than that. Looks like he'd taken a lot of the small tweaks I had made or was thinking of making and made them one extreme or the other (0 or 100) - but it seems to work
Old 10-06-2015, 04:41 PM   #126
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks - plays are still completely borked as the art doesn't come up for anyone other than the ballhandler, but those sliders are pretty money, and I enjoyed the game I played other than that. Looks like he'd taken a lot of the small tweaks I had made or was thinking of making and made them one extreme or the other (0 or 100) - but it seems to work

Which system and which mode? I'm seeing all play art on PS4 using the Sixers in MyGM. I had to switch the settings to full play art though for all plays though.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:43 PM   #127
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

Okafor is a beast in this game! He won rookie of the year (with me simming everything) with 22 ppg and 12 rpg and he is doing even better in his 2nd season.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:08 PM   #128
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Dola -

Okafor is a beast in this game! He won rookie of the year (with me simming everything) with 22 ppg and 12 rpg and he is doing even better in his 2nd season.

Okafor is like a young Shaq for me too - throws down everything near the basket.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:03 PM   #129
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Which system and which mode? I'm seeing all play art on PS4 using the Sixers in MyGM. I had to switch the settings to full play art though for all plays though.

Yeah it's a bit odd - I didn't have all play art on and it was displaying the basics before the patch, now I have the full play art on I can at least see the detailed play info but the new basic stuff doesn't come up (eg the button to press and the timer for the pass). Something is broken but with the full play art at least it is playable most of the time. I still go through short periods of pushing up on the d stick and nothing triggering for a few mins. This is on PC.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:22 PM   #130
rjolley
College Starter

How's everyone doing with the game so far?

I definitely haven't been as dominate with this version in myGM. While I have been able to rebuild the Bulls into a team of my liking centered around a young MJ and young Kobe, we have only the 5th best roster in the league and last night, we were trounced by the #1 Celtics who have Bird, McHale, Russell. What's even more impressive is that they've been able to win the title, then pick in the lottery each year (I'm in year 3 right now). I'm extremely impressed by their ability to field a great team and make moves so that they can potentially sustain their talent as players age and/or become too expensive.

On the gameplay side, I'm still getting the feel of the game. It's not as easy to get open looks, but I'm learning how. I also noticed that as the action picks up, it gets harder to time my release. Feels like I release the same time I normally would, but looking at the gauge afterwards, I'm usually way off. Not sure if that's because the game isn't registering the release correctly or if I suck right now. I think it's the latter.

I have not dug into myCareer much. It just isn't fun for me right now. Maybe I'm played out from 2K15 and this will be a majorly myGM release for me.

Anyone else having fun with the game?

Last edited by rjolley : 10-16-2015 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 04:31 PM   #131
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah, I still feel like this version has more holes than the last few (defenders still seem to just allow mindblowingly easy passes into the lane and my defenders go walkabout leading to uncontested layups or dunks far more often than I'd like) but myGM is really solid, the new simcast mode rocks and I'm having fun with it now.
Old 10-16-2015, 04:33 PM   #132
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How's everyone doing with the game so far?

I definitely haven't been as dominate with this version in myGM. While I have been able to rebuild the Bulls into a team of my liking centered around a young MJ and young Kobe, we have only the 5th best roster in the league and last night, we were trounced by the #1 Celtics who have Bird, McHale, Russell. What's even more impressive is that they've been able to win the title, then pick in the lottery each year (I'm in year 3 right now). I'm extremely impressed by their ability to field a great team and make moves so that they can potentially sustain their talent as players age and/or become too expensive.

On the gameplay side, I'm still getting the feel of the game. It's not as easy to get open looks, but I'm learning how. I also noticed that as the action picks up, it gets harder to time my release. Feels like I release the same time I normally would, but looking at the gauge afterwards, I'm usually way off. Not sure if that's because the game isn't registering the release correctly or if I suck right now. I think it's the latter.

I have not dug into myCareer much. It just isn't fun for me right now. Maybe I'm played out from 2K15 and this will be a majorly myGM release for me.

Anyone else having fun with the game?

I am really enjoying MyGM although I've slowed down my progress as I've been playing a lot of other games too (mainly Witcher 2 so I can finish that and start Witcher 3.) I find building a top team much tougher this version, although the Sixers have a lot of nice young pieces to build around. Right now, I am doing well with them with a young SG that was the #1 pick in the draft and Okafor as the center piece. I also added a few veterans to mentor them including Brandon Jennings and Joe Johnson.

As far as MyCareer, I'm saving up VC from MyGM to build up MyCareer player. If I'm supposed to be a phenom, I don't want to be such a lowly rated player.
Old 10-16-2015, 04:34 PM   #133
bhlloy
Coordinator

DOLA - as for what you mentioned about the release, I think they made it way more situation and player specific this year - e.g. its going to be almost impossible to time it remotely right jacking up a contested three with a questionable shooter and even good shooters will have issues if it's not a good shot. It undoubtedly makes it harder but I think I like it - it has been far too easy to take a catch and shoot three guy and just dominate in previous years
Old 10-16-2015, 06:41 PM   #134
rjolley
College Starter

bhlloy: If that's by design, and I do remember talks about 2K making that change, then I'm all for it. If it's a flaw in the presentation due to lag or whatever, then I hope it's corrected.

Thinking about it more, one thing I like about myCareer is practice. It's a nice addition with 2 mandatory drills, plus the option to practice various movements.

One thing I wish they utilized more in myGM is the ability to play college games. It would be nice to play a college game to control the player you're scouting. Also wish there was a way to practice plays in myGM to get a better feel for your team.

Last edited by rjolley : 10-16-2015 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:19 PM   #135
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Looks like they found a way to get coach mode working!!! Might have to get the game now. And the system to go along with it lol

2K16 CPU vs. CPU (Coach Mode Lite) - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums--post 100

OMG - it works in MyLeague - REAL coach mode!

1. PLAY game with you on a controller
2. pre tip off switch to SimCast LIVE
3. wait for first basket
4. just after team inbounds the ball QUIT and SAVE to MyGM or MyLeague
5. go back into game and BINGO - Coach Mode

When you go back into the game it thinks you are still PLAYING but instead of "in" SimCast Live you are in the main game. IT'S A MIRACLE (they will probably "FIX" this bug).

A few things you will need to do is fix the sound options and also make sure you go into Coachs Settings and change things to manual. Also camera angels will be changed

THANK YOU - BloOd_SMeaR_

Last edited by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding : 10-31-2015 at 08:19 PM.
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:40 AM   #136
Groundhog
Coordinator

PC Patch is out. I'm hoping it fixes the pesky play icons.

Quote:
Hi guys,
The first PC patch has been released for NBA 2K16. Here are the list of changes:

- Added support for 21:9 UltraWide monitors, multiple monitor displays, and other non-16:9 aspect ratios.

- Fixed an issue where frame rate could stutter (even on higher end graphics cards) in either or both of gameplay and MyPARK.

- Fixed a bug where playcalling icons were not appearing for some users.

- Resolved a driver crash on below min spec DirectX 10.0 cards, such as the NVidia 9800 GT.

- Optimized crowd rendering, resulting in slightly improved performance on many configurations.

- Fixed ‘black rectangle’ artifact.

- Removed super sample configuration option due to driver instability.

Note: We are currently investigating reports of commentary dropping out during gameplay. We will look to address this in our next patch. Thanks!

- Ronnie2K
Old 11-03-2015, 03:42 AM   #137
rjolley
College Starter

Just played probably my best game of 2k16, losing to the Sixers in my Bulls franchise 131-130 on a missed last second shot. I'm getting a better feel for the game, but the patch has helped smooth out the action a bit.

Also, I turned off the shot meter and it has changed the game tremendously. Instead of worrying about where on the meter I'm releasing, I'm trying to learn the players' form and release at the right time. Makes it a little harder, but more enjoyable as well.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:06 AM   #138
whomario
Pro Starter

Picked this up for the first time in years, not surprising that i am struggling. However, what irks me is that some of the problems from 3 or 4 years ago are still the same from what i can see ... Mainly:

- i am annoyed that it still seems impossible to create (or see in the cpu) a proper drive-and-kick offense ending in open looks. It does not help that i end up accidentily triggering the shooting motion all the time, but even aside from that the spacing seems really, really poor ...

- picks are terribly uneffective on both sides, which further kills any proper nba-style-offense

- the cpu still does not make use of post ups at all

Any advice on how to remedy those things via sliders ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:38 AM   #139
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Using the default sim sliders I've actually seen a pretty wide variety of outcomes for pick and rolls.

Defense as a whole seems much improved. In my first season I had Demare Carroll and he could pretty much lock down most wing scorers. The next season I wound up with a high pick and drafted an offensive oriented wing, so I dealt Carroll and man the number of times the guy gets burnt on defense and the chaos it causes in help rotations is insane, but really cool to see.

I've found on pick and rolls it really matters who you get involved in the pick and roll and who the weak side help defended is. I've had all the outcomes, dunks for the screener, blow by drives, pulling in the help defender and hitting a guy for a corner three, turnovers, getting strung out to the sideline, getting iced from going into the middle of the floor. It's really cool to see so many different outcomes, it actually feels like basketball to me.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:47 PM   #140
whomario
Pro Starter

Yeah, i am slowly getting there. Figured out (or remembered) to lay off the sprint button a little more, get into the paint a bit deeper and in general being more decicive when making plays. Was looking for the clean and wide open shot too much. Also have gotten better now at moving the ball to "the next guy" after a quick dribble.
One thing that i have a hard time figuring out is passing out of the drive, very hard to get it to the open guy in the rush of the action. Often i pass to a covered guy close buy rather than the guy open. Also passing with the screener. S

As to getting burned on defense: My first 5 games were against the Lakers, 76ers and 3 summer league games. Now (after the previous post) i played a few better offensive teams and they looked much more nba-like, the Suns for example absolutely shredded me with their ball movement and quick drives by Bledsoe/Knight and also Mayo. Rubioo and Wiggins did ok, but LaVine and especially the young rookie pg i drafted, not so much.

Also, does the cpu ever double team in the post ? So far haven´t encountered it even when Towns was guarded by a guard.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 11-05-2015 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:48 PM   #141
rjolley
College Starter

I don't recall seeing a straight double of the post, but I have seen the wing drop down and "dig" for the basketball when the post puts it on the floor. The good defenders also will recover to their man if the ball is kicked out.

It is possible to get in a drive and dish type of offense, but not every time down the floor. And I've noticed spacing to be good in the game. There is room to drive to the basket, to throw the ball into the post from the top when the wing is guarded, and to have the wing cut off the post when the ball is thrown in.

Be sure to check out Da_Czar's youtube videos on the game. That may help you get your bearings on offense.

The game feels better, though it's frustrating. I cannot seem to stop the CPU from draining 3's all day.

Last edited by rjolley : 11-05-2015 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:23 PM   #142
Groundhog
Coordinator

Not using turbo helps on screens a great deal (it's nearly impossible with it held down), but my two major issues are that the ball handler gets 'stuck' on the screener a lot, both for me and the CPU, and when I do come off the screen I can hit the roll man for an easy basket 8 times out of 10, regardless of who he is.

With Okafor I can routinely drop 36-40 points from the low post without fear of a double team. I have never seen a double team.

Spacing in my experience is poor. Guys off the ball inexplicably drift inside the three point line when I drive and look for the dish. This has been an issue for the game the last 3-4 years.

It's a fun game and I'm still playing it time-to-time, it just feels like some fundamental stuff has fallen off this year.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:45 PM   #143
whomario
Pro Starter

Playing the Warriors (still essentially the same group in 2016) was pretty fun. Lost by 15 and did not even feel bad. I took away some things (and kept Curry in check), but they just had too many weapons. Draymond Green not only stepped outside but also used hard close outs for drives into the paint. Slick passing all around, Bogut crashing the boards. And their defense was a pest throughout, everything was tough to come by.

I don´t think i recall having an opponent play so slick against me in earlier iterations.

Another small gripe: Players too often stand half a foot inside the arc (especially in the corner) or 3 foot beyond when receiving the ball from a driving player.

Last edited by whomario : 11-05-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:42 AM   #144
whomario
Pro Starter

On OS someone found a legitimate and easy fix for double teams !!! Apparently it is a pretty glaring bug in the Interface, not within the game.

1a) If you are in my league controlling all 30 teams you can simply adjust every teams game plan against your team.
1b) If not, you have to switch sides in game to the other team.
2) Go to defensive settings and on the "All Players" page (the default one) you can set double teams from "manual" to "auto". The option is simply missing from the individual player assignments which means the cpu double teams are set to "manual" ... If you have done that and check the individual players, they are now set to "auto"

First game in and i immediately saw all the various double teams in action

Also, Freelance offense is fun. The selection process is cumbersome though. Having Towns as starting PF and Bjelica as his backup i use "3out-2in motion" to start and then switch to "4out-1in". Wish they would simply let you hotkey 4 options rather than having to scroll through the whole list.

When did coaching tendencies get taken out ? (like fastbreak, pace, help defense frequency)

Last edited by whomario : 11-07-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:27 PM   #145
rjolley
College Starter

Right now, I'm on the frustrated side with the game. It feels impossible to stop the CPU. It feels like every team that I play, no matter how their players are rated, become offensive machines when we play, making every open shot and most contested ones. Meanwhile, my guys will make shots for awhile, then go on a cold streak, usually when we get close or take a small lead. It might just be the way I'm playing, but it's frustrating nonetheless.

Also, as part of the poor defense, the CPU regularly scores 130+. If the game is simmed, they struggle to break 100.

At this point, I may go back to 2K15 until the next patch hits. I don't mind losing often, but I hate the feeling that once I get down by 4, the game is basically lost because I can't string together stops to get back into the game.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:28 PM   #146
whomario
Pro Starter

Are you using the defensive settings ? Those make a huge difference for me. Had those same struggles, but that combined with switching to the 2k camera and also making a conscious effort to anticipate rotations at the rim helped me a great deal. Also, i learned to foul the living shit out of poor FT shooters late in the game. But yeah, defense is definitely a struggle.

What team are you running out, btw ?
Old 11-07-2015, 02:31 PM   #147
rjolley
College Starter

Running with the Bulls, but I sim quite a bit of the season, so I'm 7 or 8 seasons in. Towns, Russell, and the rest of the rookies from today are the old vets now and the new crop of stars are coming in.

I'll try some more with the defensive settings. I've worked with them some based on a forum post on the OS forums...need to do more, I guess.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:33 PM   #148
Balldog
Pro Rookie

The double team fix is a great find! Playing Sim All-Star I am getting worked quite frequently...mostly due to crappy D.

For example, how would you guys defend D Rose?
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 04:12 PM   #149
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
The double team fix is a great find! Playing Sim All-Star I am getting worked quite frequently...mostly due to crappy D.

I sag off him and dare him to shoot long jumpers. Otherwise, he torches me with his penetration although I'm hoping to draft a young defensive PG who can slow him down better.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-07-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:22 PM   #150
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post

I don't think I've ever remotely defended him in any version of the game. Absolutely the most kryptonite player I've ever faced.

The only answer I've come up with for that question is either "hope he's injured & misses the game" or "maybe a sniper ... "