Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-09-2008, 10:11 AM   #1451
ProfessorX
Mascot

Victor,

I possess certain abilities that you might find useful if/when you begin assembling a list of trusted individuals. I would be happy to put those services towards the defeat of Galactacus/The Herald, and discovering who amongst us is a rebel.
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:16 AM   #1452
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
ALL HAIL DOOM.

Greetings on this good morning. As you have all learned, rulership of this world has been rightfully passed on to Dr. Doom. Apolcalypse's death was a surprise, but not unexpected. He foolishly left himself unguarded to the traitors, and I am only glad that Doom was adequately prepared for this eventuality.

Apocalypse's prelates are no more. I will declare my own as I see fit, though there are few among you I trust.

You have succeeded well in dealing with Galactus's attack. Finding this Herald is of the utmost importance, and my first decree is to find him and bring him to me. This will I think be more important than damaging Galactus himself.

As for the traitors in our midst, I will consider who they are. We will coordinate attacks today---follow suit or risk being destroyed yourself.

ALL HAIL DOOM.

Lord Doom, I can't help but disagree with you. If the traitors were behing Apocalypse's death, then they would be closer to defeating us. Since I see no evidence of this (ooc the win conditions seem to imply they have not 'succeeded in killing him), I must assume someone other than the traitors is responsible.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #1453
HumanTorch
n00b

If anyone wants to help me root out the Herald, I can tell you who is NOT the Herald. Silver Surfer, Silver Samurai, Colossus, Scarlet Witch, Apoc (RIP), Hulk, Mimic, and Cable. The rest I don't know about.
HumanTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:21 AM   #1454
ProfessorX
Mascot

Thanks Johnny. That should help narrow down the list somewhat.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #1455
Punisher
High School JV

I can tell you I'm not a Herald, I'm just shoot the bad guys.

When did Jewel leave on this investigative mission? Is that an in-game move or a "I'm scared of the Punisher and need to leave the game" move?
Old 10-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #1456
HumanTorch
n00b

I'll see what I can do to narrow down the list farther tonight.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #1457
hoopsguy
General Manager

You notice the giant form of Galactus turn his attention toward your assembled group.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #1458
Punisher
High School JV

It's so tempting to hit the edit button after that last typing mistake.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #1459
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
You notice the giant form of Galactus turn his attention toward your assembled group.
Bring it, freak.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:24 AM   #1460
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:

This can't be good...
Old 10-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #1461
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

<--------moons the planet-eater.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:26 AM   #1462
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Looking at the deadlines, there's no mission against the rebels today?
Old 10-09-2008, 10:27 AM   #1463
Mimic
High School JV

A couple points:

1. Someone mentioned that the Herald would have Herald-like powers. I disagree; I think the Herald might have Herald-like powers, but their win conditions are to sabotage any attempts on Galactus. In that respect, I think you may think about removing the people who attacked the Destroyer from that list.

2. This may be gaming it, but I would hazard a guess that Hank McCoy is not a traitor. [ooc]I don't believe that hoops would attack a wolf. Maybe?[/ooc]

3. The Human Torch has made a target of himself to the Herald (if what he says is true). Kang and I are also targets as we have said that we can defeat Galactus. I believe Johnny Storm is the more lucrative target to the Herald.

4. I don't believe the traitors were behind Apocalypse's death; it was Doom. I am sure that Apocalypse would approve of his death since he was obviously not fit to rule.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:27 AM   #1464
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanTorch View Post
I have indeed. Silver Surfer is not the Herald.

Good to know, good luck in your search Johnny.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #1465
Mimic
High School JV

Also, this is Day three but besides looking at attacks, we are no closer to finding the traitors. Hopefully things are going on behind the scenes to root them out.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:29 AM   #1466
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
This can't be good...

I've got a bad feeling about this...sorry big guy.

Nova Blast Kang the Conqueror
Old 10-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #1467
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
If anyone wants to help me root out the Herald, I can tell you who is NOT the Herald. Silver Surfer, Silver Samurai, Colossus, Scarlet Witch, Apoc (RIP), Hulk, Mimic, and Cable. The rest I don't know about.

I may have missed it, but how exactly have you cleared eight people in two nights? Can you clear four people a night?
Old 10-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #1468
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
I may have missed it, but how exactly have you cleared eight people in two nights? Can you clear four people a night?

The math would work that way, yes.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #1469
hoopsguy
General Manager

Galactus fire twin beams out of his eyes that strike the form of the HumanTorch - who is suspended in air and writhes in pain for several moments. He transforms before you eyes, taking the shape of the Thing, then Mr. Fantastic, next the Invisible Woman, and finally a quickly-shifting amalgamation of each of these characters. Finally, the attack relents and the body - now in the form of an enlarged Skrull - falls to the ground lifeless.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #1470
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
Victor,

I possess certain abilities that you might find useful if/when you begin assembling a list of trusted individuals. I would be happy to put those services towards the defeat of Galactacus/The Herald, and discovering who amongst us is a rebel.

Now the scramble for position is to begin, Charles?
Old 10-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #1471
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Galactus fire twin beams out of his eyes that strike the form of the HumanTorch - who is suspended in air and writhes in pain for several moments. He transforms before you eyes, taking the shape of the Thing, then Mr. Fantastic, next the Invisible Woman, and finally a quickly-shifting amalgamation of each of these characters. Finally, the attack relents and the body - now in the form of an enlarged Skrull - falls to the ground lifeless.

Who transforms into those shapes? Galactus or the HumanTorch?
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:35 AM   #1472
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I've got a bad feeling about this...sorry big guy.

Nova Blast Kang the Conqueror

WTF is this all about? Surely you don't think I'm some sort of Herald (I'm trying to develop a timeline to send him to plus I just attacked his detroyer). So, what gives amigo?

Or is this some sort of death wish because lemme tell ya, I don't need to spend more than a few keystrokes time to send you to another timeline.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #1473
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Well i guess I won't be needing to send you anywhere.

What is this Nova nonsense about?
Old 10-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #1474
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
If the traitors were behing Apocalypse's death, then they would be closer to defeating us. Since I see no evidence of this (ooc the win conditions seem to imply they have not 'succeeded in killing him), I must assume someone other than the traitors is responsible.

Wanda, I cannot know if your conclusion is correct, but I lean toward your way of thinking on this. I approve of your method of deduction.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #1475
Cable
Mascot

Thanks for clearing me of being the Herald, but maybe you should have waited to reveal yourself? Now you are dead.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #1476
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
Who transforms into those shapes? Galactus or the HumanTorch?

Not Galactus
Old 10-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #1477
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
It's so tempting to hit the edit button after that last typing mistake.

[ ooc - I know exactly what you mean lol! ]
Old 10-09-2008, 10:38 AM   #1478
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Looking at the first page, hero roster.. it appears that the HumanTorch (aka SuperSkrull) was not on our side anyhows.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:38 AM   #1479
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Can someone explain this Herald stuff to me? I'm not finding any mention in the rules. Is this a Herald who aims to help Galatcus? If so, I think I know then how I was sabotaged ast night.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #1480
ProfessorX
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
Now the scramble for position is to begin, Charles?

There is no such scramble. I am simply offering Victor the usage of my skillset if he feels it would be helpful in rooting out the traitors and destroying Galactacus and the Herald.

I am NOT asking Victor to appoint me as a prelate. Simply saying that if it is his intention to gather a team of people whom he believes are cleared of any wrongdoing, that I could utilize my abilities to aid that team, without necessarily having to be included in the inner-circle.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #1481
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocolypse 7:25 PM View Post
I would not be opposed in being in a team if that is what must happen for us to converse privately, my Prelate. I am waiting for you to help cover one of your cohorts with a guard action however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey 7:35 PM View Post
Order Mr. Fantastic to Protect Mimic

Leave Brotherhood
Form Apocolypse Court
Invite Apocolypse to join Apocolypse Court

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic 7:41 PM View Post
Just noting for reference, doing this will prevent me from completing my research, which was explicitly the reason several people (including Apocalypse) told me to not go on the missions today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey 7:43 PM View Post
My apologies. Finding someone who is both not involved in research and was not on a mission proved to be taxing. I found your name and proceeded. Let me see if I can find someone more suitable and also see if I can change my order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey 7:44 PM View Post
Ok I can indeed change my order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocolypse [B
7:46 PM[/b];1855499]Also remember that Mimic, Kang and you are already protected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey[B
7:55 PM[/b];1855504]
Change order; Order Emma Frost to guard Mimic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic 8:34 PM View Post
Jean, I believe that Norrid Radd (i.e. The Silver Surfer) is left unprotected. I already have Ghost Rider protecting me.

Unfortunately, after the 7:55 post you were gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
As for the Mimic double order, I did indeed mess up. Though there was ample time between my first guard order and my second to have pointed this out, as I had shown I was willing to amend my order and would have done so had this error been shown to me earlier.

Our late Lord Apocalypse reminded you of who had been guarded already a mere two minutes after you posted your ability to change your order. The facts seem to belie your statement here.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #1482
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Heroes/Villains List:

5. Apocalypse (former head honcho) - killed Night 2
20. Doctor Strange (former 4th Prelate) - killed by Rebellion Night 1
24. Jewel - exited game to concentrate on investigative work, Day 2
28. SuperSkrull (aka Human Torch) - destroyed by Galactus Day 3
29. Gambit - lynched Day 2

Color Code:
Lime Green = villager
Orange = other
Red = wolf

"
Old 10-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #1483
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Looking at the deadlines, there's no mission against the rebels today?

I believe it has been made clear by the Powers that the Destroyer attack was, in essence our "mission" for the day.

Now, I am concerned that noone (that I recall) has committed to attacking Galactus directly today.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #1484
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
Can someone explain this Herald stuff to me? I'm not finding any mention in the rules. Is this a Herald who aims to help Galatcus? If so, I think I know then how I was sabotaged ast night.

(ghost voice) Do a wikipedia search on "herald of galactus" (/ghost voice)
Old 10-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #1485
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll have limited availability over the next 5-6 hours, but should return to process the Galactus action this afternoon. Tyrith's schedule is also challenging for today. We'll do the best we can to respond to questions and concerns, but if there are a ton of them some may get pushed into evening hours.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #1486
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Wow. Well, formerHumanTorch, at least you had good timing in coming out with your info?

And props to Kang for threatening him AFTER he died. Talk about kicking someone when they are down!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #1487
ProfessorX
Mascot

[ooc] who the hell is superskrull and how do we know he wasn't on our side? [/ooc]
Old 10-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #1488
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

[quote=Mimic;1856032]2. This may be gaming it, but I would hazard a guess that Hank McCoy is not a traitor. [ooc]I don't believe that hoops would attack a wolf. Maybe?[/ooc]

What though of the possibility that the Herald himself played a role in selecting the target of the Destroyer's attack?
Old 10-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #1489
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Wow. Well, formerHumanTorch, at least you had good timing in coming out with your info?

And props to Kang for threatening him AFTER he died. Talk about kicking someone when they are down!

In my next timeline I'll threaten him before he dies.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #1490
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
I believe it has been made clear by the Powers that the Destroyer attack was, in essence our "mission" for the day.

Now, I am concerned that noone (that I recall) has committed to attacking Galactus directly today.

I believe the Vision is correct. I will not be attacking directly, but will lend my support.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #1491
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Unfortunately, after the 7:55 post you were gone.

Our late Lord Apocalypse reminded you of who had been guarded already a mere two minutes after you posted your ability to change your order. The facts seem to belie your statement here.

SilverSurfer, sometimes I am not quite as good at reading between the lines and the InvisibleWoman often has to spell things out for me.. I might need you to do the same here for me. Since we still don't have any good explanation for what the traitors did last night (as the only death I am aware of was Apoc), my thinking was perhaps there was someone blocked last night. Are you bringing this up as a way of saying you purposely were left unguarded but managed to avoid an attack last night through other means?
Old 10-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #1492
ProfessorX
Mascot

Norrid - That is some interesting information you have compiled on Jean there.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #1493
HenryPym
Mascot

um...wow that was all kinds of unexpected.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #1494
Cable
Mascot

[quote=Vision;1856063]
Quote:
2. This may be gaming it, but I would hazard a guess that Hank McCoy is not a traitor. [ooc]I don't believe that hoops would attack a wolf. Maybe?[/ooc]

What though of the possibility that the Herald himself played a role in selecting the target of the Destroyer's attack?

I have to think that this is accurate. Torch outed himself and so the Herald came after him.

Why did the Torch attack Kang though?
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #1495
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
A couple points:

1. Someone mentioned that the Herald would have Herald-like powers. I disagree; I think the Herald might have Herald-like powers, but their win conditions are to sabotage any attempts on Galactus. In that respect, I think you may think about removing the people who attacked the Destroyer from that list.

3. The Human Torch has made a target of himself to the Herald (if what he says is true). Kang and I are also targets as we have said that we can defeat Galactus. I believe Johnny Storm is the more lucrative target to the Herald.

4. I don't believe the traitors were behind Apocalypse's death; it was Doom. I am sure that Apocalypse would approve of his death since he was obviously not fit to rule.

1) Sensible.
2) I do not believe that Dr. McCoy is cleared one way or the other by this. Galactus cares not who is loyal and who is a rebel. I would think he would target either randomly orn individuals he finds to be a particular threat.
3)Correct, sadly.
4) [ooc] Given Apocalypse's directive not to order Doom to protect anyone, I think Apoc had out-of-game issues that required attention. Apoc had not been a significant factor in the thread throughout the game. [\ooc]

All hail Doom.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:44 AM   #1496
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
[ooc] who the hell is superskrull and how do we know he wasn't on our side? [/ooc]

I'm not sure what else I can provide you that I haven't already. It says pretty clearly that the color orange on the "death list" means they were neither good nor bad, but instead an other.

Evidentally SuperSkrull had his own agenda he was pushing today. Just Galactus pushed his agenda harder.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:45 AM   #1497
Punisher
High School JV

Well, that'll certainly shake up our universe. Good.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:46 AM   #1498
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Quote:

If that was the case, I am not sure why the Humantorch wouldn't have been selected then instead of Beast. He had already "outed" himself at the time correct?

I am thinking unless found otherwise true that it was a random choice. I am not sure how anything else would be fair.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:48 AM   #1499
HenryPym
Mascot

The SKrulls are an alien race, and all kinds of bad, and of late have used their shape-shifting powers to impersonate and take the place of several heroes in the Marvel Universe in the current "epic" storyline in that Universe. (which is way after the events of the Age of Apocalypse storyline).

Heralds are cosmically empowered agents of Galactus that serve as a sort of scout for him, looking for good planets for him to devour.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #1500
HenryPym
Mascot

[quote=Cable;1856070]
Quote:

I have to think that this is accurate. Torch outed himself and so the Herald came after him.

Why did the Torch attack Kang though?

I would guess that he thought Kang was Galactus's Herald, and that his supposed ability to send Galactus to an alternate timeline was a cover for his true role.