Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-17-2022, 03:25 PM   #1451
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Every coach who is working his way up the ladder the traditional way is going to send Jeff Saturday a fruit basket after this game.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 03:27 PM   #1452
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Whole lot of hot taeks from about 90 minutes ago being quietly deleted right now. Mine included.

Not that I saw this coming, and I didn’t post it because I was making cookies with my kids, but even with the big lead you never felt it was over. The way the colts built the lead was so fluky it never felt like the Vikings were out of it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 03:45 PM   #1453
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Every coach who is working his way up the ladder the traditional way is going to send Jeff Saturday a fruit basket after this game.

Today just isn't his day. Well, I guess it is.

Maybe he was hired to give them a better shot at choosing a quarterback.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 03:46 PM   #1454
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Imagine if this ends in a tie?
Old 12-17-2022, 03:55 PM   #1455
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Do the Colts have more than one pass play?
Old 12-17-2022, 03:58 PM   #1456
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Kirk Elway Time
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 04:04 PM   #1457
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Lol
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 04:14 PM   #1458
Galaril
Pro Starter

An old Houston Oilers fan owes any Vikings fan a beer thank you!
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 04:20 PM   #1459
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Robert Mays has a running bit this season of "Are the Vikings good?"

This game will do nothing to kill that bit.
Old 12-17-2022, 04:55 PM   #1460
molson
General Manager

I watched every second of that with a Vikings fan friend at a dive bar. What a blast that was. I need a nap.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 05:44 PM   #1461
miami_fan
Coordinator

The Matt Ryan memes are brutal right now.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 06:16 PM   #1462
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So I was able get a peek at the halftime score of the Colts-Vikings game and it was 33-0. Did anything interesting happen after halftime?
Old 12-17-2022, 06:50 PM   #1463
Edward64
Head Coach

Major choke.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 09:58 PM   #1464
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

Am I wrong in not wanting to blame Saturday?

Of course he is ultimately responsible and accountable for the team's failure but we all know he is not the one call the offensive or defensive play play. The only major head coaching decision I remember was whether or not the Colts should go for it with like three minutes left and I thought he did the right thing by going for it. Matt Ryan QB sneak? really? The most plays the Colts ran in one drive in the second half/overtime was eight. They had eight drives in that span that had less than three minutes time of possession including five that has lasted less than ninety seconds. As head coach, he is supposed to do something and it is on his head that they lost, I don't see what he was supposed to do to fix what ailed the Colts today.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 12-17-2022, 11:07 PM   #1465
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
An old Houston Oilers fan owes any Vikings fan a beer thank you!

Considering the context of the Oilers choke being in the playoffs, not exactly. That was one of those younger memories that's seared into my brain.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 09:00 AM   #1466
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
The only major head coaching decision I remember was whether or not the Colts should go for it with like three minutes left and I thought he did the right thing by going for it. Matt Ryan QB sneak? really?

Even this was totally defensible. This is from an article that broke down the game:

Quote:
You might think, “well, Matt Ryan, not good on his feet, why sneak it with him”—but Ryan has historically been a great sneaker! He’d converted on nearly 90 percent of his sneaks over the last five seasons, and was 6-for-7 on the year. The odds were on the Colts’ side here—and unfortunately, so was the ball.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 10:38 AM   #1467
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

So had a thought to add to the never ending debate on NFL overtime rules...
can we put a ban on punting in overtime? I get really tired of coaches playing for the tie in overtime, like happened two weeks ago in the Giants and Commanders game.

It would also add an interesting wrinkle to winning the coin toss. Sure, you get first crack at scoring a TD and ending the game outright if you take the ball, but if your offence can only put together a first down or two, the other team is already in FG position to win. If you've got a dominant defense, maybe you want the other team to have the ball to try and get a quick stop and set you up in FG position with a chance to win.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 12:08 PM   #1468
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
So had a thought to add to the never ending debate on NFL overtime rules...
can we put a ban on punting in overtime? I get really tired of coaches playing for the tie in overtime, like happened two weeks ago in the Giants and Commanders game.

It would also add an interesting wrinkle to winning the coin toss. Sure, you get first crack at scoring a TD and ending the game outright if you take the ball, but if your offence can only put together a first down or two, the other team is already in FG position to win. If you've got a dominant defense, maybe you want the other team to have the ball to try and get a quick stop and set you up in FG position with a chance to win.

Interesting idea. How about if they did this they also went back to true sudden death? First score of any kind wins with no recourse. Now that great defensive team, that wins the toss, has another variable to consider before kicking rather than receiving.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 01:10 PM   #1469
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I daresay the Alex Leatherwood experiment by the Bears needs to be over.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 01:59 PM   #1470
miami_fan
Coordinator

Do the Bears have a screen drawn up in their game plan? A draw? Anything that might keep the Eagles defense from only focusing on killing Justin Fields?
Old 12-18-2022, 03:11 PM   #1471
Ksyrup

What the heck is with KC this year?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 12-18-2022, 03:11 PM   #1472
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Lions win!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 03:14 PM   #1473
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
What the heck is with KC this year?

Houston's doing their part, though. Takes a lot of subtlety to lock up that #1 pick.
Old 12-18-2022, 03:15 PM   #1474
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Lions win!

Are you sure?
Old 12-18-2022, 03:15 PM   #1475
QuikSand
lolzcat

what a week... when I was making choices for DFS, felt like the Eagles, Chiefs, and Cowboys were worrisome as they might not get enough resistance to make for a productive second half as part of the game script

instead, all three games within a score and in doubt late

man
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 03:21 PM   #1476
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Lions win!

Yes!!

There were my texts to a buddy of mine during the last 2 minutes:

Yes!!!!&

Ben Geniuson!

Too much time?!

So many emotions.

We can't let this tool beat us! This is not his redemption game!

They cannot convert 4th and 18. That is SOL.

NO GOOD!!!!!!!!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 03:24 PM   #1477
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Houston's doing their part, though. Takes a lot of subtlety to lock up that #1 pick.

I know it's weird to say about an 11 win team, but they have rarely looked impressive. Lots of close games, lost to the Colts. Win over SF clearly their best game. I suppose there's something to winning the close games (and not having to come from behind from 33 to do it), but they don't look like the Chiefs of the last few years.
Old 12-18-2022, 03:30 PM   #1478
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Do the Bears have a screen drawn up in their game plan? A draw? Anything that might keep the Eagles defense from only focusing on killing Justin Fields?

One of Fields two most glaring weaknesses, IMO (the second being a very questionable ability to locate open receivers), is his short range touch passing. He is hilariously inaccurate with quick, short throws.

Makes for not a lot of screens, quick slants, outs, etc, when you have a QB who can't hit that throw a high percentage of the time.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 04:17 PM   #1479
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
what a week... when I was making choices for DFS, felt like the Eagles, Chiefs, and Cowboys were worrisome as they might not get enough resistance to make for a productive second half as part of the game script

instead, all three games within a score and in doubt late

man

A lot of time but I am currently 17th in the fanduel 1.1 million and top 5 in several other tournaments. I have Derrick Henry in them also and Tampa Bays D. A defensive TD by p would be very profitable. On pins and needles right now.

Last edited by Lathum : 12-18-2022 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-18-2022, 04:21 PM   #1480
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Shannon Sharpe gonna roast Skip Bayless tomorrow
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 05:31 PM   #1481
Ksyrup

2 whole Denver TDs in 1 game!
Old 12-18-2022, 05:39 PM   #1482
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
A lot of time but I am currently 17th in the fanduel 1.1 million and top 5 in several other tournaments. I have Derrick Henry in them also and Tampa Bays D. A defensive TD by p would be very profitable. On pins and needles right now.

Tampa offense with 4 turnovers in the third quarter costing me thousands of dollars....
Old 12-18-2022, 06:25 PM   #1483
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

That New England ending.... wow. Belichick must be having kittens.
Old 12-18-2022, 06:26 PM   #1484
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

did that just happen?
Old 12-18-2022, 06:27 PM   #1485
Ksyrup

Did they think they were losing?
Old 12-18-2022, 06:28 PM   #1486
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I guess Mac Jones won't ever switch to free safety, but, how in the world did they think those back-passes were a good idea? That seriously could be the reason they don't make the playoffs.
Old 12-18-2022, 06:43 PM   #1487
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

At no point in my life have the Bengals never been out of a game. It's crazy how good they re after halftime.
Old 12-18-2022, 06:45 PM   #1488
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
I guess Mac Jones won't ever switch to free safety, but, how in the world did they think those back-passes were a good idea? That seriously could be the reason they don't make the playoffs.

What it looked like was just a run to get to OT, but then the RB got way farther downfield then he thought he would, and he saw a guy there, so he lateraled it, and that wasn't smart, but then it was almost like the whole "lateral play at the end of the game" thing took over, and neither of the guys who got the ball after that thought, "shut it down, go to OT," and just kept lateraling it like they were behind.

It was some sort of group mind-think meltdown, is all I can figure.
Old 12-18-2022, 06:46 PM   #1489
Ksyrup

Old 12-18-2022, 06:47 PM   #1490
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That’s amazing
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 06:48 PM   #1491
Ksyrup

See, this type of stuff is when Twitter is at its best.

Old 12-18-2022, 06:53 PM   #1492
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I suppose what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

I'm trying to think of the coding that would require - making end-game laterals possible. Not fun. And then think of how someone would react if he lost a game like that. I'd probably get my house burned down.

Looking forward to the reaction in the Boston papers. The sports reporters are probably doing celebratory dances, imagining the scathing columns they'll churn out tonight.
Old 12-18-2022, 07:04 PM   #1493
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thank God the Cardinals are out of the playoffs, what a horrible season. GM Keim already gone on a "health issue" Coach hopefully following him out the door soon.
Old 12-18-2022, 07:38 PM   #1494
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I make an effort to watch the Falcons now, just to see how he develops.

Desmond Ridder was 13/26 for 97 yards, no TD or INT. Rating 59.3

So not great but 3 more games to go.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 08:19 PM   #1495
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

It was about what I expected from Ridder. There two passes that should have been interceptions that would hwve made it much worse. The play calling did him no favors. It doesn't mean he couldn't be a good QB going forward, but the people believing he was going to be some answer this season.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 09:37 PM   #1496
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
It was about what I expected from Ridder. There two passes that should have been interceptions that would hwve made it much worse. The play calling did him no favors. It doesn't mean he couldn't be a good QB going forward, but the people believing he was going to be some answer this season.

And it's why Mariota was, and was still, the best chance to win at the position this season.

The move, right or wrong, was always a clear signal that the Falcons had no desire to make the playoffs for a first-round exit.
Old 12-18-2022, 09:40 PM   #1497
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And now that the Patriots players have all confirmed that the final play was 100% improv, I can't really think of what it would take to justify Jakobi Meyers seeing the field again this season.
Old 12-18-2022, 10:00 PM   #1498
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Taylor Heinicke will make some great plays and looks the part, but then it’s like “bro you only have 12 points midway thru the 4th.”
Old 12-18-2022, 10:38 PM   #1499
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Weird officiating at the end of the game. Seemed a bit rocky tacky on the illegal formation and then swallowed the whistle on the probable PI.
Old 12-19-2022, 05:18 AM   #1500
miami_fan
Coordinator

I just saw the end of the Raiders-Patriots game. I really hope there was a camera focused on Bill Belichick as that all unfolding.