Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-11-2007, 08:09 AM   #1451
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Okay, RA, how about this: AFC West rulz dis muthafarkin house!
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:12 AM   #1452
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Vote PurdueBrad!

My internet went out last night, so unfortunately I was unable to vote. I will be sure to take notes my next swim through this game because it can be quite overwhelming. I am starting to think st. cronin is a wolf and I will back that assumption up in a later post. I have a folding table, so if we get an idea on who may also be a wolf I'll use it on them.
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:16 AM   #1453
Crim
College Benchwarmer

I feel like we need to review Chief and cronin again. Funny that the Bartender is all over cronin. No offense, whoever you are, but I'm wondering if the Bartender is even on the same team with the rest of us. Blocked Barkeep (villager), maybe noone on night two (missed deadline?), Bug on night three (villager), now cronin nights four and five?

I just checked back on post one, and the bartender is listed as a good role. I was about to suggest that mebbe the bartender could be a bad guy? Guess not. Bad instincts maybe.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:18 AM   #1454
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Although, now I'm thinking further about it, there was plenty of villager heat on BK, Bug, and you, cronin, so maybe the Bartender's just following the prevailing current?
Old 09-11-2007, 08:37 AM   #1455
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just a note for those voting nightfall I will be out most of the day so I will not be able to process any actions until the deadline.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:55 AM   #1456
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
After last nights events, PB was going to be my first person to investigate this morning...after reading what went down last night after I crashed about 11 or 11:30, I'm convinced he's a wolf...

VOTE PURDUEBRAD
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:36 AM   #1457
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Crim, can't believe I'm saying this, but I appreciate not being a person of suspicion, wish I would've been on the trust list, and I guess it's fine not to be on the persons of interest list. Could I at least, I don't know, get on a persons of apathy list or maybe just a persons list?

Hey, Purdue, just to let you know, you are officially on my Wolf list. Happy?

Old 09-11-2007, 10:37 AM   #1458
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
...the Sabres didn't deserve to get to the Eastern Conference Finals last year...

Hey now.. that's not funny.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:03 AM   #1459
st.cronin
General Manager

Vote PurdueBrad

I'll have a chance later to examine the late votes, and try to figure out what happened. But right now this seems like an obvious move.

Question: Does anybody see any scenario in the rules where both PB AND Crim are villagers?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:21 AM   #1460
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Vote PurdueBrad

I'll have a chance later to examine the late votes, and try to figure out what happened. But right now this seems like an obvious move.

Question: Does anybody see any scenario in the rules where both PB AND Crim are villagers?

Getting paranoid now but I see a scenerio where they are both wolves.

What if:

No action taken. Crim claims he was attacked and discovered PurdueBrad's identity. We vote out PurdueBrad who is a wolf. Now Crim has gained out trust and we blindly follow his recommendations for the next few votes in which he has us vote out villagers as he and his hairy friends feast on the rest of us at night.

With no seer left in the game this is a pretty good play for the wolves I wouldd think. Sacrifice one of your own for the "greater good".
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #1461
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: not saying that is the case, just presenting a possibility.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:23 AM   #1462
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
If PB is a wolf, this would make sense with his lone vote for Crim last night as well...however I'm still not sure why he was so reluctant to move his vote, regardless of if he was a villager or wolf...I'm very confused by last nights turn of events...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:25 AM   #1463
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

double dola: This would not even mean that RA is a wolf as he could have honestly thought that he was passing a villager the tray. This would add to Crim's possible credibility as it is a now verified event.

I think something different went down last night because there seemed to be quite a bit of time between the vote results and the night action results. This could have allowed the time the scheme up this possibility. Not sure when the night actions have to be in by so I don;t know if thie is feasible.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:52 AM   #1464
Crim
College Benchwarmer

EF is playing an interesting game. Early on, he was spotless, with early votes on Neon and I think two votes on Brad. Not a great many posts, or discussion, but he was helpful. In particular, villager or wolf, that Day One Post summary was solid work, Eaglefan.

Then the wheels fell off at last night's vote. The whole, "Nooo I must not allow you damn wolves to create a tie I must UNVOTE DUDE and VOTE OTHER DUDE!!!!1!" "Oops my bad, I'm a newb" ... This all took me by surprise, because I though that up til that point EF had been playing a very good villager game, for a (selfprofessed) newb.

Now, though, I'm suspicious, because we finally have a COT of 2 players (myself and Raider), and EF is poking at it with a sharp stick. Suspicious, since I know what I experienced last night, but as an unknowing villager, his posts are actually compelling.

Here's my defense, which I think should be adequate: I've had a growing fan club since late in day one. All the useful villager roles are gone, and the Bartender is blocking the hell out of a bunch of villagers, apparently.

So, as a wolf, why would Purdue and I screw that up? The strategy would be stay-the-course, lead the discussion to the (several) other suspected villagers, etc. My point is, a few of you have already listed Crim as high on your trust list, WHY would I need at this point to buy your trust with the life of a fellow wolf? And why would Purdue agree, given the above?

I'm not ready to accuse Eagle Fan yet, but I'm looking hard at the dynamics of last nights abortive lynch.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:59 AM   #1465
Crim
College Benchwarmer

dola, besides, we have plenty of time. First we beat the life out of PurdueBrad. By the time we have to decide about EF, we'll have had time to root out more meaning in last night's events.

I'm out for a bit, be checking in later on today.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:59 AM   #1466
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Hiya Telle!
Old 09-11-2007, 12:07 PM   #1467
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Hiya Telle!

Ack! I've been spotted!
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:34 PM   #1468
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonColt View Post
Vote PurdueBrad!

My internet went out last night, so unfortunately I was unable to vote. I will be sure to take notes my next swim through this game because it can be quite overwhelming. I am starting to think st. cronin is a wolf and I will back that assumption up in a later post. I have a folding table, so if we get an idea on who may also be a wolf I'll use it on them.

Notes help, particularly in big games like this one (21 players)

Folding table - I think that is going to be somewhat challenging to get value from at this point in the game. It can block one wolf - which is killer, but I'm guessing we have to block the wolf that is taking the night action. If the wolves have flexibility in naming their guy (might have to rotate or something that doesn't give them the ability to pick optimal guy every night) then they will most likely declare their "deep undercover' who is least suspected for tonight's action. If we try to give you advice on who to use the item upon then the wolves get to read that in the thread as well.

Disregard all of this if it is a multi-use item, but if it is a one-shot I think you'll have a better chance of success a little later in the game. If you decide that, then the bigger question is whether to keep the item or pass it in fear that the wolves might now come after you. And, if you pass it, don't pass it to a wolf!
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:01 PM   #1469
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Those are good points hoops, since the cat is out of the bag I'll pass the item in case they decide to thrash me tonight. (although I don't think I'm on their radar)
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:05 PM   #1470
hoopsguy
General Manager

Arlington - or elect to keep it after announcing you will pass it. Just making sure that you are thinking (and posting) in a way that will leave them guessing.

If you feel like you've got a good bead on someone, you can use it now. Like we said last night during voting, it is your item and your decision. I just think it is more likely to be effective, if it is indeed one-time use, when the wolves have fewer options to send out at night.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:04 PM   #1471
Crim
College Benchwarmer

I suggest we come to a consensus on who to use the table on, but not on who to pass it to. Reason is, say we've got a couple of possible wolves in our sights (what are we looking for, three more after PB?). We determine which we should block with the table, and when AC passes it (make sure it's someone you trust pretty heavily), the recipient (or AC himself) blocks that presumed wolf. The point of this is to avoid blocking the same person that the bartender blocks. As long as the bartender can remain anonymous, that's still an advantage that I don't want us to dilute.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:16 PM   #1472
Crim
College Benchwarmer

This might be a mistake, but I need to take that chance. I have reason to believe that the wolves already know, so taking that into consideration, here goes:

I am the Bartender. I strongly suspect from the info I got last night as I was attacked that PurdueBrad may have seen my role just as he pounced. Therefore, to help eliminate any growing suspicions about me+Purdue=wolf play, I decided just now to reveal.

I blocked Barkeep Nights One AND Two. MrBug after that. The next two nights, st.cronin.

So, at least 60% of the time, I suck. Mebbe 100%, depending on how things turn out with cronin.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #1473
Crim
College Benchwarmer

To clarify, I realized early this morning suddenly that from the writeup, I might have been identified. As the clue I read was ambiguous, I pm'ed our illustrious moderator. The reply from Lathum confirmed only that ambiguity is his specialty. So possibly this is news to the wolves, but the way I see it, I'm demonstrably a target anyway, so there ya go.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:21 PM   #1474
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I suggest we come to a consensus on who to use the table on, but not on who to pass it to. Reason is, say we've got a couple of possible wolves in our sights (what are we looking for, three more after PB?). We determine which we should block with the table, and when AC passes it (make sure it's someone you trust pretty heavily), the recipient (or AC himself) blocks that presumed wolf. The point of this is to avoid blocking the same person that the bartender blocks. As long as the bartender can remain anonymous, that's still an advantage that I don't want us to dilute.

In other words, please disregard the above. i do stand my the idea of one of us (me or the table-wielder, doesn't matter which) blocking whoever is our #2 suspect after Purdue.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #1475
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The table is a one shot deal. I had it, or one, at the start and blocked Purdue two nights back (the one before he attacked and was discovered), that block didn't seem to do anything as I guess another wolf was on the prowl that night.

I didnit realize there were multiple tables (or maybe another one showed up after I used it) or I may have used it earlier when I was going to block RendeR on what ended up being the night he became a murderer.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:58 PM   #1476
RendeR
Coordinator

Well thats a fine how-do-ya-do......

Bleh

VOTE PURDUEBRAD
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:34 PM   #1477
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Why not pass the table to Crim? Then we can make sure two people are blocked, without having to talk about it in the open?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:07 PM   #1478
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Not sure if I can do two actions... Lathum, you over-ambiguous so-and-so, could you confirm whether it would be possible to make two seperate blocking actions? (Five bucks says he'll reply with the old, "I cannot tell you that"!)
Old 09-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #1479
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Not sure if I can do two actions... Lathum, you over-ambiguous so-and-so, could you confirm whether it would be possible to make two seperate blocking actions? (Five bucks says he'll reply with the old, "I cannot tell you that"!)

An Item and an ability are 2 different things

Last edited by Lathum : 09-11-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:14 PM   #1480
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So, Crim, clarify something for me here. You actively chose to blockade Purdue? Or you had the table, and it was available to be used in your defense against an attack?

I'm trying to understand how the whole table thing works.

And, BTW, to everyone else, I have passed the knife, and expect the person I passed it to to use it tonight. Of course, I was hoping to get some discussion on this. Dissapointing that didn't happen.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:19 PM   #1481
st.cronin
General Manager

Chief, I think it was Eagle that blocked Purdue. Crim blocked me.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:33 PM   #1482
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Chief, I think it was Eagle that blocked Purdue. Crim blocked me.

Ah got it. It was the serving tray Crim had last night.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #1483
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Okay, RA, how about this: AFC West rulz dis muthafarkin house!

tru dat
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:09 PM   #1484
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chief (or Lathum, if you can answer this) - can the person who receives the knife today use the knife tonight? Or would they have to wait until tomorrow to do so?
Old 09-11-2007, 07:14 PM   #1485
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Chief (or Lathum, if you can answer this) - can the person who receives the knife today use the knife tonight? Or would they have to wait until tomorrow to do so?

the item can be used as soon as it is passed
Old 09-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #1486
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK - I have more questions about this topic but I am not sure I see any reason to help the wolves by airing the questions publicly.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:24 PM   #1487
RendeR
Coordinator

aw heck, I hate waiting.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:04 PM   #1488
RendeR
Coordinator

Did I mention.....

I HATE WAITING.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:06 PM   #1489
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wanted to add to my circle of trust:

RA
Crim (I wasn't trying to accuse you in my what if scenario, just proposing food for thought)
CR (why would Purdue make a last second attempt at him if he was a wolf?)

Circle of distrust:

Pass (just a suspicion so watch your back villagers)
Path (why would Purdue make a last second change to save him?)

Unsure:

Cronin (Leaning towards him being the 5th wolf but I think it may turn out to be one of our MIA players, but I don't think both)
Old 09-11-2007, 09:12 PM   #1490
RendeR
Coordinator

We're DOOOMED

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED
Old 09-11-2007, 09:12 PM   #1491
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Wanted to add to my circle of trust:

RA
Crim (I wasn't trying to accuse you in my what if scenario, just proposing food for thought)
CR (why would Purdue make a last second attempt at him if he was a wolf?)

Circle of distrust:

Pass (just a suspicion so watch your back villagers)
Path (why would Purdue make a last second change to save him?)

Unsure:

Cronin (Leaning towards him being the 5th wolf but I think it may turn out to be one of our MIA players, but I don't think both)

Anything other than the fact that I came out against you for causing that tie?
Old 09-11-2007, 09:13 PM   #1492
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't see the right group of people here to try it, but I just thought of a bold attempt we could make tonight.

Combine table + bartender + knife and go after three people tonight, see if we can prevent a wolf kill. If we have some kind of a system where we are coordinating those actions we stand a reasonable chance of actually stopping a wolf tonight.

I'm not sure that we'll have all three in our possession tomorrow to do this again, although we obviously would have more complete information on hand - we would know if Crim was telling the truth, if Purdue was a wolf, we would likely have one more villager dead which would increase the chances mathematically for getting a wolf with the actions.

Anyway, I'm not in position to act with any of said items, but just throwing it out there for people to consider as a strategy for tonight (if it can come together VERY quickly) or tomorrow if we have our pieces in place again.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:16 PM   #1493
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Anything other than the fact that I came out against you for causing that tie?

Just an instinct, something just seems wolfish to me about a couple of yoru statements. I'll scan some to come up with more details for you/everyone. Who knows, maybe in my research I will end up taking you out of the CoD after closer examination.

Plus, I know my role so it would seem that a wolf would want to get rid of me, expecially for saving CR (which makes me add him to my CoT even more).
Old 09-11-2007, 09:17 PM   #1494
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: I will do a little more research before voting for tomorrow (if I am around tomorrow still) so don't think I will vote for you without a good feeling for the vote at this point pass.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:21 PM   #1495
hoopsguy
General Manager

I see Crim is here and he is automatically going to be posting an action. However, if we don't have Arlington around then it is going to be very challenging to coordinate actions. I had a way for you guys to do that, but getting the knife guy to not land on one of your targets without announcing them publicly in the thread is a challenge. I would be eager to hear any strategies others can come up with for doing so come tomorrow night.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:21 PM   #1496
hoopsguy
General Manager

Although
Old 09-11-2007, 09:22 PM   #1497
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Sarcastic answer - welcome to werewolf, particularly in the later stages.

Nicer answer - the problem isn't a vote on Crim, per se. It is the fact that this is a critical vote that has a good chance of ending up in a tie based upon the current makeup. Since you are the only person with a single vote on a person, you are drawing more attention.

This is post 1354, from last night. Assuming that PB is a wolf, it just got me to wonder if hoops and PB were playing us, trying to make it look like the experienced hoops was 'helping' the newbie PB into putting his vote somewhere -- anywhere, as long as it was on a vote getter. Keep in mind, even though we had 2 people with 3 votes each, it was hoops who brought up the fact that a few more people had 2 votes each, and then it was later that PB put in a 3rd vote for CR. I'm not sure what to make of path's following him -- it could be wolfish, but the self-preservation hides it as villager-like, too. I think a lot of it depends on EagleFan -- did he really mean to cause a tie?
Old 09-11-2007, 09:23 PM   #1498
hoopsguy
General Manager

Oops.

Although if Arlington has passed the item to someone else, then perhaps they are lurking now.

Do people think it makes any sense to pursue this now for discussion, or should it just wait for tomorrow at this point? Sorry I didn't think of this earlier, or I would have posted it with a couple of hours to spare to allow for debate and strategizing.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:24 PM   #1499
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I say wait at this point -- I don't see Crim in the thread, and we only have 6 minutes.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:24 PM   #1500
MrDNA
High School Varsity

Just got back from having my ass handed to me in volleyball.

VOTE PURDUEBRAD

Here's hoping that's on the level and here's hoping we're able to block another night action. Glad that 25% serving tray worked. AND now I know that it will tell you who passed you the item.
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote