Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #1451
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Nope, does not specify where I was when attacked.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #1452
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Didn't I have two votes on me before?

I miscounted, unless I missed a vote somewhere (entirely possible, I was doing it fast and at work, heh)
Old 07-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #1453
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
No kill last night - suggests that there was a spawnling attack (conversion attempt), or spawn attacking spawn. Third possibility is that they attacked a room.

They also may have not done any actions last night to activate the Spawn Queen (think that's what it was, I know they had the option to summon something)....
Old 07-09-2008, 04:32 PM   #1454
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I should say, I miscounted before, hence why you are down to 1.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:32 PM   #1455
Danny
Head Coach

Something of note, I'm not implying guilt or innocence, but Packer does seem to be reacting differently to getting suspicion then when he was a villager in St. Cronin's draft game.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #1456
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
5 pages to catch up on...wow!

I never saw a post saying that the phasers had been turned back into the locker...someone please let me know asap if I need to allocate weapons again this evening.

I would put in an order assuming that you need to re-allocate. That would be consistent with previous games.

Suggestions - you, Saldana (you saw him sleeping last night), and Schmidty (has option to guard cargo hold or water)

I think you could swap Mrs Schmidty in for Schmidty if you wanted - depends on your levels of trust for those people. But unless you really distrust Saldana, his lack of activity last night should elevate him. I trust you because you said you spied and that is what I saw you do.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #1457
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
5 pages to catch up on...wow!

I never saw a post saying that the phasers had been turned back into the locker...someone please let me know asap if I need to allocate weapons again this evening.

I think the post marking the beginning of Day 2 (linked from post #2) says that the phasers are in the weapons locker -- only three are charged.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #1458
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I would put in an order assuming that you need to re-allocate. That would be consistent with previous games.

Suggestions - you, Saldana (you saw him sleeping last night), and Schmidty (has option to guard cargo hold or water)

I think you could swap Mrs Schmidty in for Schmidty if you wanted - depends on your levels of trust for those people. But unless you really distrust Saldana, his lack of activity last night should elevate him. I trust you because you said you spied and that is what I saw you do.

If Pass is guarding the HQ or brig I'd be OK with him getting one also. I feel a bit better about him than I did yesterday.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #1459
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
That's the catch, and I've been thinking on it since he posted it, I don't know who else (if not saldana) would've been down there.

There's really no reason for anyone to have been, outside of us working on it. At least no implicitly obvious one.

Trust me, that one from him came out of left field for me. I didn't think Danny as Spawn/ling and don't know if I do now, but I do know I'm not.

I'm up for other explanations. And if you agree with me that these are the logical explanations then you should probably join me in asking the duplicant to scan Danny today, if at all possible.

I like having easy votes. Danny = spawnling would qualify as easy for me. It gets a little trickier if he is clean, because it doesn't damn you but it sure puts the focus on you if we can't put someone else on that location.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #1460
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Something of note, I'm not implying guilt or innocence, but Packer does seem to be reacting differently to getting suspicion then when he was a villager in St. Cronin's draft game.

I didn't get quite as much suspension in that game as I am in this game. Plus the rules are quite different and I feel I have a lot more to offer in the long run here than I would have there.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #1461
hoopsguy
General Manager

Without the replicant emerging today, I'm going to be voting for either RendeR or Telle.

If the replicant emerges, then I'll probably act based on the scenario I've outlined above.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:38 PM   #1462
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
They also may have not done any actions last night to activate the Spawn Queen (think that's what it was, I know they had the option to summon something)....

Spawn Overlord. Good point, although I don't think the rules are exactly crystal clear that "no activity for one day = overlord"
Old 07-09-2008, 04:39 PM   #1463
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Reminder: A player must receive at least 1/3 of the votes (which is 8 today) in order to be lynched. Voting no lynch isn't an option per se, but a way of letting people (most importantly me) know where you stand. So if the final vote was 12 no lynch 11 lynching XXX, XXX would be killed.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #1464
hoopsguy
General Manager

BK, can two people be lynched if each has 1/3 of the vote?
Old 07-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #1465
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Reminder: A player must receive at least 1/3 of the votes (which is 8 today) in order to be lynched. Voting no lynch isn't an option per se, but a way of letting people (most importantly me) know where you stand. So if the final vote was 12 no lynch 11 lynching XXX, XXX would be killed.

Hmm, that is quite an important note. Thanks, BK
Old 07-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #1466
Danny
Head Coach

That's true Packer, At this point I am not sure who I am going to vote for, but I agree with the idea that a lynch is better than no lynch. I'd prefer choosing between players as opposed to nolynch/you though.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #1467
KWhit
Coordinator

Holy crap.

I've been gone an hour and a half and I have 5 pages to read.

Sheesh!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #1468
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

UNVOTE NO LYNCH
VOTE SALDANA

The only other person that has a vote that I feel could be spawn, and he came down on me quite hard - plus he is fairly expendable.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #1469
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

heh, I remember reading Spawn I the other day, and seeing myself ask this. If it's like Spawn I, no. The guy with the highest votes gets lynched, and the captain breaks a tie.

Sorry for filling in the blanks.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #1470
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'm up for other explanations. And if you agree with me that these are the logical explanations then you should probably join me in asking the duplicant to scan Danny today, if at all possible.

I like having easy votes. Danny = spawnling would qualify as easy for me. It gets a little trickier if he is clean, because it doesn't damn you but it sure puts the focus on you if we can't put someone else on that location.

I'm for the replicant coming forward and scanning Danny. In a way, I hate to see that bullet on Danny instead of clearing path through-and-through, but since I know I'm not Spawn, Danny has to be lying I'd think. I can't see why he'd make it up. Though I don't really know if it was a smart lie either.

That's the catch really. What if there was another person there, trying to sleep or whatever (or a spawn attacking it), if the replicant scans Danny and he's clean. Everyone is going to jump on me. While in a way I can't blame them, they're wrong. So now we've wasted the replicant and all we've achieved in doing so is lynch an innocent and wasted time.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #1471
hoopsguy
General Manager

If it is possible to lynch two in a day then I saw put Render + Telle up there and if both are good come get me the next day. I'll play the odds game on the officers.

I understand that one of them could make the same offer, regardless of what side they are on. I'm kind of curious if a Spawn would be willing to take that chance, particularly one who is getting closer to the Captain seat.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #1472
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

PackerFanatic (5) - path12 (1090), Tyrith (1129), saldana (1136), Marc Vaughan (1153), The Jackal (1201)
saldana (2) - mccollins (1226), PackerFanatic (1358)
jeheniz72 (1) - claphamsa (805)
claphamsa (1) - Telle (1028)
hoopsguy (1) - jeheniz72 (1219)

No lynch (5) - Mrs. Schmidty (957), PurdueBrad (1008), KWhit (1190), Passacaglia (1206), bulletsponge (1277)

No votes: Alan T
Render
Telle
Danny
Hoopsguy
oliegirl
Schmidty
LoneStarGirl
Chubby
Old 07-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #1473
Danny
Head Coach

I don't like votes for Saldana at this point. It is unlikely that all three of Santana/Oliegirl/Hoopsguy were lying about sleeping/spying.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #1474
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I am out for a bit now (for real) I should be back before deadline, but I won't be changing my vote unless something earth-shattering happens. Hopefully it's not me!
Old 07-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #1475
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I'm for the replicant coming forward and scanning Danny. In a way, I hate to see that bullet on Danny instead of clearing path through-and-through, but since I know I'm not Spawn, Danny has to be lying I'd think. I can't see why he'd make it up. Though I don't really know if it was a smart lie either.

That's the catch really. What if there was another person there, trying to sleep or whatever (or a spawn attacking it), if the replicant scans Danny and he's clean. Everyone is going to jump on me. While in a way I can't blame them, they're wrong. So now we've wasted the replicant and all we've achieved in doing so is lynch an innocent and wasted time.

If you think Danny is lying then why is your vote on me? If you are a villager, you should see that I'm at least trying to play the game, even if you don't like the direction I'm headed (towards you).

If I live another night or two I'm almost certain to be scanned - potentially even by the replicant if he thinks I'm trying to burn him.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #1476
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
No. The rules say "the crew may execute one person per cycle"
Old 07-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #1477
hoopsguy
General Manager

Boo - could have made up ground from yesterday
Old 07-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #1478
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Recharging a phaser is going to cost 1 crystilium, and will take 2 cycles of research before it can even be done (although LSG and I can research together - if I am even alive long enough to do that!)

oh sweet, something for us to do... I am all about it!
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #1479
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

It would make absolutely no sense for me to lie about that message. It is possible I am a spawnling, though it doesn't seem to indicate that if I am reading it correctly. I've already said that even if the message did mean Spawn aware that it doesn't mean you have to be bad.

Again, based on my reading of it, it's possible the message was simply indicating me of a power I am going to have and not necessarily have anything to do with who was near me. I would advise not voting for you today even if I come clean as we'll know more tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #1480
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
If you think Danny is lying then why is your vote on me? If you are a villager, you should see that I'm at least trying to play the game, even if you don't like the direction I'm headed (towards you).

If I live another night or two I'm almost certain to be scanned - potentially even by the replicant if he thinks I'm trying to burn him.

I gotta agree with hoops on this. Though, fair warning, I don't know what you guys are talking about! If you *know* he's lying because you're a villager (gotta see if you get half a point for that), then there's no reason to waste a scan. Now...what are you guys talking about?
Old 07-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #1481
Schmidty
Coordinator

I don't like the idea of piling on PF; however, I don't think a No Lynch is a smart move. I have no freaking idea what to do. Throw a random name in the hat? Pile on PF? Take the easy route and vote No Lynch? I'm not going to do what I did yesterday, and vote oliegirl, because I still feel bad about that (Sorry!!!).

All of this indecision, and the need for SOMETHING to happen leads me to this:

Vote PackerFanatic
Old 07-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #1482
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Because no matter how you slice it, lynching an engineer today, myself or Danny, is a bad play for the village unless you are very near certain of it. Like scanned by the replicant certain of it.

I can't be certain enough with the idea of people just roaming the halls last night.

Let's say the group lynches me (or Danny) and we're wrong. Well now we effectively lose 2 units of repair tonight when there is a lot of work to be done. One of PB or Tyrith would be all but forced to go work with the one of us that wasn't lynched, meaning no 2-point bonus for Tyrith if he stayed on the engine or forced over-repair if he was the one to go to the Hold.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #1483
Passacaglia
Coordinator

nm, found it
Old 07-09-2008, 04:51 PM   #1484
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
The rules explain how to do it. It is expected that the spawn will occasionally fake their work to screw us up and leave things unguarded or unfixed, etc.

Well that kind of puts a kink in things

And who reads the rules anyway? Games are most fun when you wing it!
Old 07-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #1485
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Because no matter how you slice it, lynching an engineer today, myself or Danny, is a bad play for the village unless you are very near certain of it. Like scanned by the replicant certain of it.

I can't be certain enough with the idea of people just roaming the halls last night.

Let's say the group lynches me (or Danny) and we're wrong. Well now we effectively lose 2 units of repair tonight when there is a lot of work to be done. One of PB or Tyrith would be all but forced to go work with the one of us that wasn't lynched, meaning no 2-point bonus for Tyrith if he stayed on the engine or forced over-repair if he was the one to go to the Hold.

So if the replicant scanned Danny, and he came up good, how would that make you feel?
Old 07-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #1486
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Listen up. Saldana, Schmidty, and I will be getting phasers tonight," announces oliegirl.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #1487
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Ok, so engineers, we started today with this:

Room Reports
Engine Room – Damaged 8 man cycles to repair
Water Plant – Damaged (Non Operational) 6 cycles to repair
Cargo Hold - Damaged 3 man cycles to repair (Maximum Capacity: 125 units)
Security Headquarters Operational (Undamaged)
Slave Pens – Damaged 3 man cycles to repair
Sleeping Quarters – Damaged. 18 berths requiring repair (enough berths for 5 people to sleep)

After today's repairs (3 to the pens, 2 to the hold) we have;

Engine (8)
Water Plant (6)
Cargo (1)
Sleeping quarters (18)

If people, for whatever reason, aren't trusting me (and I not trusting Danny all that much) here are some options for work tonight

A) Danny and I work on the Engine, Tyrith (I'd presume the most trusted engineer) the Hold and PB wherever (with us if he wants to test something). If you don't trust us at all, this is a good option since neither of us is near then the spot that we have have have to fix.

B) Danny and I both work the hold, since if X (insert whichever of us you suspect) fakes it, the other still finishes the work while PB and Tyrith get a 3-unit head start on the engine. This option should only be a problem if somehow you think both Danny and I started as spawn, which I think even with hoops' math is not all that probable.

I'll do either one, just presenting some options, someone in charge just let me know what to put in.

u dont hitnk its worth fixing the slave pens?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #1488
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I gotta agree with hoops on this. Though, fair warning, I don't know what you guys are talking about! If you *know* he's lying because you're a villager (gotta see if you get half a point for that), then there's no reason to waste a scan. Now...what are you guys talking about?

That's the thing, I don't 100% *know* he's lying. Sure, his Spawn Aware sense is wrong, with regard to me allegience, but with the possibility that...

A) Spawn either lied about there whereabouts and attacked the pen last night (which did take damage last night if I have it right)

B) A spawn was walking the halls due to no bed and tried to sleep in the pen and that counts

C) The message has nothing to do with who he was around but about a new acquired power

I can't be certain enough. On top of that, the lie in and of itself would be a poor play at best. I can't see the Spawn thinking "Gee, we really need this Heinz character out of the game" enough to throw bullets my way all day then mimic a previous power in hopes that it's enough to drive home a bullet and get me lynched. Certainly, if they did that, they just f'd themselves since Danny will look bad, as will PF for getting saved (the presumed benefit of doing this at all), as would clap for the vote on me.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #1489
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
So if the replicant scanned Danny, and he came up good, how would that make you feel?

In short: Fucked.

Since I'm not spawn but I know it'll be enough after the nudges from clap and hoops to get my lynched.

In long: That something is amiss. Either the power didn't relate to who he was actually near, or there was someone else near by.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #1490
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
That's the thing, I don't 100% *know* he's lying. Sure, his Spawn Aware sense is wrong, with regard to me allegience, but with the possibility that...

A) Spawn either lied about there whereabouts and attacked the pen last night (which did take damage last night if I have it right)

B) A spawn was walking the halls due to no bed and tried to sleep in the pen and that counts

C) The message has nothing to do with who he was around but about a new acquired power

I can't be certain enough. On top of that, the lie in and of itself would be a poor play at best. I can't see the Spawn thinking "Gee, we really need this Heinz character out of the game" enough to throw bullets my way all day then mimic a previous power in hopes that it's enough to drive home a bullet and get me lynched. Certainly, if they did that, they just f'd themselves since Danny will look bad, as will PF for getting saved (the presumed benefit of doing this at all), as would clap for the vote on me.

So you don't think he's Spawn? But if we scan Danny today, and he's good, we'd pretty have to vote you, wouldn't you think?
Old 07-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #1491
Passacaglia
Coordinator

throw a 'much' in there -- wherever you feel is appropriate
Old 07-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #1492
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
u dont hitnk its worth fixing the slave pens?

C'mon good buddy. Reading for comprehension can be your friend.

"After today's repairs (3 to the pens, 2 to the hold) we have;"

So there were 3 unites of damage starting out, and Tyrith (2) and myself (1) fixed 3 units of damage on the slave pens today. How many units of damage remain on the slave pens?

Here's a hint: None. We repaired them in full today already.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #1493
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
So you don't think he's Spawn? But if we scan Danny today, and he's good, we'd pretty have to vote you, wouldn't you think?

Well, yes and no.

At least this vote would make a lot more sense than the crap clap was spewing earlier that was completely not true.

Would I necessarily blame someone for that conclusion? No.

Do I think there must be another explaination? Yes.

Do I think that shoud that chain of events happen and I get lynched you all better do some quick thinking as to who organized that level of mess? Yes.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #1494
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I'm going to put a vote out there now - not on PackerFanatic - to see if we can get some kind of discussion going around the Officer/Spawn theory. Heinz/Danny can wait until tomorrow if the replicant isn't coming into play. They'll be working together again tonight - right?

VOTE RENDER
Old 07-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #1495
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Crap, is this another of those times were Pass has his vote elsewhere, pelts me with questions all day, then switches to me at the last minute and is wrong again?

I hated that.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #1496
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I really dont want to vote off my fellow scientist but i dont want a no lynch either... I am always eager to vote Pass, but I dont see any valid reason to vote anybody right now... I still have 4 hours to decide though, but I doubt i matter in the big scheme of things

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Should be a valid vote count here...I shall be back in a couple hours.

PackerFanatic (5) - path12 (1090), Tyrith (1129), saldana (1136), Marc Vaughan (1153), The Jackal (1201)
No lynch (5) - Mrs. Schmidty (957), PurdueBrad (1008), KWhit (1190), Passacaglia (1206), bulletsponge (1277)
jeheniz72 (2) - claphamsa (805), hoopsguy (1219)
saldana (1) - mccollins (1226)
claphamsa (1) - Telle (1028)

No votes: Alan T
Render
Telle
Danny
JeHeinz72
oliegirl
Schmidty
LoneStarGirl
PackerFanatic
Chubby
Old 07-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #1497
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
They'll be working together again tonight - right?

That's the plan. Both of us have stated the PM is already sent, I know mine was received as well.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:01 PM   #1498
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

hmm, somehow i read that there wa still some measure of damage to the pens.... i guess thats what happens when im 5 pages back!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:02 PM   #1499
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Hoops (anyone really)

Not to imply you're wrong, just gauging if I should move, what are the repercussions of us lynching RendeR?

You become 2nd officer and Telle becomes Security Chief? Does someone else become Ensign (Tyrith?)
Old 07-09-2008, 05:02 PM   #1500
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Crap, is this another of those times were Pass has his vote elsewhere, pelts me with questions all day, then switches to me at the last minute and is wrong again?

I hated that.

hahahaahahahahahahahaahahah

No. I don't suspect you at all, really. I just don't think you should be trying to get the replicant to scan Danny here -- you seem to think he's not likely to be spawn, anyway.