Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #1501
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Also, will have to look back, but there were people who were suggesting other people besides dubb to be scanned, that might be a way to go for future days.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #1502
Autumn
Head Coach

Bummer we didn't get to cure Dubb. I've got to head out for a meeting. I'll be back in a couple hours. Should we kill Dubb now, or continue looking for the real Spawn? I think perhaps we will get better vote history out of continuing looking elsewhere today. I have an idea of how we could deal with Dubb in the meantime.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #1503
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Bummer we didn't get to cure Dubb. I've got to head out for a meeting. I'll be back in a couple hours. Should we kill Dubb now, or continue looking for the real Spawn? I think perhaps we will get better vote history out of continuing looking elsewhere today. I have an idea of how we could deal with Dubb in the meantime.

Is saldana cleared so this is 100%?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #1504
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Is saldana cleared so this is 100%?

Saldana is NOT cleared. But I have no reason to suspect he is lieing about my condition. Would be a poor trade off, spawn doctor, for lowly crewman.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #1505
Autumn
Head Coach

Since Dubb is the one who suggested he was infected, I don't see any reason to think this is a fakeout. Dubb would have no reason to try to get a Spawn Saldana into pretending Dubb was infected.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #1506
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
so does that explains the brig not being operational? clearly, your work should have affected only Building C; correct?

I think other have assumed, and I'm making that same assumption, that converting the unit for ship instead of land is partially impacting the resources associated with it (brig, armory, security HQ). But I don't have any specific PM knowledge that tells me that, and to the best of my knowledge this is our first time working on converting one of the Power Facilities so we won't be able to validate that assumption until doing additional work on one of the remaining 4 (3.5, technically).
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #1507
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
so does that explains the brig not being operational? clearly, your work should have affected only Building C; correct?

I checked this first thing today and yes, partial conversion of that power facility making a building in its area inoperative makes sense.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #1508
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Saldana is NOT cleared. But I have no reason to suspect he is lieing about my condition. Would be a poor trade off, spawn doctor, for lowly crewman.

Working through his decision tree:
If good, Saldana gives accurate results.
If bad, Saldana can either:
- give wrong result, allow Dubb to become Spawn, and open up risk of 2:1 spawn catch later in game if Dubb is checked/killed through other means
- give this result, although he did not actually try to "cure" Dubb
Old 06-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #1509
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I checked this first thing today and yes, partial conversion of that power facility making a building in its area inoperative makes sense.

how would, let's just throw out there, spawn attacking the power facilities as a whole affect things?
Old 06-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #1510
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

ok, i got clarified what I wanted from BK so I'm cool with hoops
Old 06-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #1511
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
So Saldana, you had a chance to cure him during the examination but it failed?

Yes...I made an attempt and it failed
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #1512
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Working through his decision tree:
If good, Saldana gives accurate results.
If bad, Saldana can either:
- give wrong result, allow Dubb to become Spawn, and open up risk of 2:1 spawn catch later in game if Dubb is checked/killed through other means
- give this result, although he did not actually try to "cure" Dubb

saldana doesn't have any heat on her so I don't see a spawnling sacrifice here either

who else should we look at in addition to dubb? i'm not a fan of clearcut runaways this early in a game
Old 06-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #1513
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, dubb is obviously not manning the HQ. I would like Packer to do that and Chief Rum to do the conversion work in the crew quarters.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #1514
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Vote dubb

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #1515
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I would request you guys focus on the "real spawn" today and give Sal another shot to cure me tomorrow. I would also be willing to man the HQ. I'm still human, don't forget that.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #1516
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well, I would request you guys focus on the "real spawn" today and give Sal another shot to cure me tomorrow. I would also be willing to man the HQ. I'm still human, don't forget that.

So that he can die if you turn into a spawn? I'll pass on that, thanks.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #1517
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So that he can die if you turn into a spawn? I'll pass on that, thanks.

Alright, I will take my death. It is what the spawn wanted. They wanted a game where I wasn't playing my role. Seems they will get it.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #1518
hoopsguy
General Manager

Spawnling Attack

A successful spawnling attack causes a person to become infected and (surprise) become a spawnling. A spawnling attack starts with a 70% chance of success. For each person who joins the attack, up to three, there is an additional 25% chance of success. A spawnling attack increases the chance that all spawns will become exhausted, especially those spawns who participate in a Spawnling Attack. Otherwise Spawnling attacks follow the rules for General Attacks.

Putting this up for reference, coming back to it after I'm done with this phone call.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #1519
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Alright, I will take my death. It is what the spawn wanted. They wanted a game where I wasn't playing my role. Seems they will get it.

which is what?
Old 06-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #1520
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

interesting events have transpired.

unvote hoops

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #1521
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
which is what?

It's public. Not hard to figure out
Old 06-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #1522
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
It is interesting that Dubb spyed on Saldana night one and now wants Saldana to clear him. Certainly improbable, but something to watch out for at some point that a Dubb / Saldana combo could be trying to weasel into a circle of trust.

A conspiracy of that sort would then need to include me, because I corroborated dubb's account. I, too, watched over saldana that night.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #1523
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It's public. Not hard to figure out

oh, i thought you were implying a secret role
Old 06-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #1524
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dubb already claimed he fired the phaser. I am pretty sure I heard a phaser shot.

This one went over your head.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #1525
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
saldana, I think hoops and autumn are excellent choices to inspect today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Hoops moreso than autumn.

Quote:
Spawnling Attack

A successful spawnling attack causes a person to become infected and (surprise) become a spawnling. A spawnling attack starts with a 70% chance of success. For each person who joins the attack, up to three, there is an additional 25% chance of success. A spawnling attack increases the chance that all spawns will become exhausted, especially those spawns who participate in a Spawnling Attack. Otherwise Spawnling attacks follow the rules for General Attacks.

Putting this up for reference, coming back to it after I'm done with this phone call.

Yes, we have confirmation this happened now. I think it makes sense to put people who were exhausted last night under the microscope.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #1526
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Any away missions today?
Old 06-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #1527
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Those tag-on posts were people suggesting scans other than dubb. Danny initially mentioned hoops but then changed to dubb as the best option for today, Julio did eventually also.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #1528
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Spawnling Attack

Okay, the implication here is that dubb's attacker could be exhausted. But it seems that Spawn don't automatically become exhausted when they stay up or when they attack.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #1529
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
It is interesting that Dubb spyed on Saldana night one and now wants Saldana to clear him. Certainly improbable, but something to watch out for at some point that a Dubb / Saldana combo could be trying to weasel into a circle of trust.

Alright, work order submitted.
I'm leaning towards wanting to lynch dubb, half a bird in the hand is probably worth whatever's in the bushes at this point.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #1530
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok, dubb is obviously not manning the HQ. I would like Packer to do that and Chief Rum to do the conversion work in the crew quarters.

Will do, Cappy.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #1531
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

But if you evolve overnight and I re examine you tomorrow, then I die
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #1532
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

VOTE EXECUTE DUBB

Old 06-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #1533
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I suspect it was Danny that I shot at last night, but that is just a gut feeling.

The more I think about it the more sense it makes for them to go after security.

1. We are expected to be exhausted. Won't raise alarms after a spawn attack.

2. We can ID them with the spy command, possibly kill them with the protect command, and royally screw them up with the guard command.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #1534
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Must have forgotten to take that multi-quote tab off when I was going through earlier. I was going to say that if it came out as a clear it could have been a fake play for trust, but that has proven not to be the case.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #1535
hoopsguy
General Manager

Agree that we should be looking at the people who are exhausted. And that includes me.

So I guess the question on Dubb is vote him off now as a spawnling or tomorrow as a spawn (assuming one day incubation).
Old 06-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #1536
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
VOTE EXECUTE DUBB

Don't give up on me Chief!

I suspect the spawn want early votes in on me too, FWIW. They don't want to be on the wrong side of this. They have nothing to gain from me at this point. They will be quick to cut ties with me.

I also suspect the spawn, particularly those on the council who may have known I was infected, would have wanted me to NOT be scanned either so I could evolve and the whole thing could be forgotten about in two days.

So if anyone fits that bill, didn't want me scanned, now tossing me under the bus. They are most likely a high ranking spawn.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #1537
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Agree that we should be looking at the people who are exhausted. And that includes me.

So I guess the question on Dubb is vote him off now as a spawnling or tomorrow as a spawn (assuming one day incubation).

Will he be able to do anything tonight based on past games? If not, then I could see a case for going that way.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #1538
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Chief Rum, Simbo, and six slaves walk into a bar head down to the Crew Quarters to do some work.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #1539
Zinto
College Starter

Yeah if Dubb is not going to cause any problems tonight then not voting him out today would not be a bad plan, since we can always take care of him tomorrow.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #1540
Barkeep49
Coordinator

dubb takes up post in the Security HQ.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #1541
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post
Will he be able to do anything tonight based on past games? If not, then I could see a case for going that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Yeah if Dubb is not going to cause any problems tonight then not voting him out today would not be a bad plan, since we can always take care of him tomorrow.

I'm assuming BK won't share order of operations for night actions, so we can't really make an informed decision on this.

I'll ask the question anyway, with low expectations for a conclusive answer:
BK - hypothetically, if a Spawnling were to convert during the night cycle would they have an option to also take a night action as a Spawn?
Old 06-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #1542
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
dubb takes up post in the Security HQ.

Packer could override this I believe (rules aren't totally clear), but we don't have another person to man the HQ unless we don't want Danny to give out guns.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #1543
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm assuming BK won't share order of operations for night actions, so we can't really make an informed decision on this.

I'll ask the question anyway, with low expectations for a conclusive answer:
BK - hypothetically, if a Spawnling were to convert during the night cycle would they have an option to also take a night action as a Spawn?
You are correct, no conclusive answer will be given.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #1544
hoopsguy
General Manager

If I had to guess, the Spawn conversion would be his night activity and he wouldn't be able to hurt us. Assuming there are no daytime Spawn activities we could take a shot at someone else tonight and just lock in on Dubb tonight.

There is even a chance Dubb could help defend against some other Spawn action before he is turned.

I'm just not 100% sure the risk is worth the reward if we are going to 100% vote him tomorrow anyway.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #1545
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
This one went over your head.

ok, lol
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #1546
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The play here, Hoops, is to cure me tomorrow. Not kill me tomorrow.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #1547
Danny
Head Coach

Hoops is someone I think would go after converting Dubb.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #1548
Danny
Head Coach

I will send out guns now. I was waiting for dubbs scan result. He does not get a gun today
Old 06-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #1549
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

If you want me to guard stuff, throw me a gun too.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #1550
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Tonight's phasers, care of your friendly Sargent-at-Arms Danny go to Saldana, Jag, Autumn, LonestarGirl, Zinto, Packerfanatic, Danny, Chief Rum, Chubby and Julio.