Old 05-15-2009, 02:14 AM   #1501
The Jackal
Coordinator

Nice.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:30 AM   #1502
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well, I didn't make it. Hopefully alive when I wake up.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:36 AM   #1503
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hmm. still no Danny. I think the wolves ate him.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:43 AM   #1504
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

I would argue that MartinD's vote today looks very good, so he is not on my radar the same way he appears to be for you.

MartinD is not on my radar really. His vote today looks good to me. I was commenting solely on your day 1 list (which you yourself said did not factor day 2 in it at all). based on day 1 alone, I really did not like that group of votes. On day 2, Martin somewhat redeemed himself, Telle made herself look worse by continue to try to push the focus away from Eaglefan (as one of the Lathum or PB camp).

As I'm sure everyone is aware by now, I obviously look at more than just who places what votes where when I make "gut" decisions, and I know everyone really despises it. But for me it is just as important to see who argued what, when and why as it is the votes themselves. Day 1 during the middle of the day, it just really felt obvious to me that some movement was occurring to save -someone-. I mistakenly read that as an attempt to save ntn on day 1 when I voted, but corrected that with my day 2 vote.

I also want to note that on day 1, Eaglefan was not necessarily in a huge amount of danger closer to the deadline once the PurdueBrad run was made because he had his vote in a location that could be moved if he needed to, plus he was waiting around at the deadline (as I commented that evening clearly) not really participating, but appearing as ready to move his vote if need be. So as I commented earlier in the morning of day 2, that a few people felt better to me then they did on day 1 (such as Lathum and Dubb) based on that vote there.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:50 AM   #1505
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Since I am talking to myself, I will continue to do so

Colors below are based on my belief, so read into it what you will. Dark Blue I trust, Light blue I feel decently about, Red is known wolf, pink I distrust.

Day 1

1 - Passacaglia - Lerriuqs (253)
1 - dubb - saldana (304)
5 - EagleFan - hoopsguy (328), Lathum (396), dubb (416), Chief Rum (605), NTNDeacon (707)
3 - PurdueBrad - The Jackal (329), Telle (575), Martin D (595)
1 - PackerFanatic - claphasma (335)
7- ntndeacon - PackerFanatic (374), Barkeep (420), Abe (425), Pass (532), Alan T (699), PurdueBrad (711), EagleFan (713)
2 - Telle - Autumn (604), Poli (668)

Day 2
7 - PurdueBrad - Lathum (790), hoopsguy (822), Telle (1020), Abe (1045), The Jackal (1050), Lerriuqs (1137), Chief Rum (1166)
9 - EagleFan - Alan T (951), Autumn (969), DaddyTorgo (971), dubb (1014), MartinD (1112), PackerFanatic (1123), Passacaglia (1157), PurdueBrad, Poli
1 - hoopsguy - saldana (1194)
2 - Telle - claphamsa (1285), Barkeep (1291)

Old 05-15-2009, 04:53 AM   #1506
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So other thoughts in my head.. at some point on day 2, I also wonder if it had to be figured that at some point Eaglefan was going to be a lost cause (if not today, then tomorrow or the next day), and thus later in the day fellow wolves should either vote for him or try not to save him. The other thing I am wondering is with that frame of mind if some of the wolves on day 2 chose to not actively try to save EF, but didn't defend him either, and instead stayed to the side.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:57 AM   #1507
Danny
Head Coach

Sorry about that, I had to sleep after the day deadline.

I'm here now, will begin processing night results soon.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:01 AM   #1508
Danny
Head Coach

You guys posted a lot while I was asleep . If there were any in thread questions for me, please repost them as I may have missed them while catching up.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:07 AM   #1509
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
You guys posted a lot while I was asleep . If there were any in thread questions for me, please repost them as I may have missed them while catching up.

Yeah.. my only question is... what happened in the night phase

Old 05-15-2009, 05:15 AM   #1510
Danny
Head Coach

Almost done sending out PM's , it will be up in one minute
Old 05-15-2009, 05:20 AM   #1511
Danny
Head Coach

As you all begin to wake up from a night full of peace from knowing you got rid of a Needie, you begin to smell something foul coming from a bed in the corner.

All of you gather around and one of you quickly flips the covers off and all of you see a dead AlanT. He has been mangled and covered in whip cream. Lord only knows what was done to him.

AlanT was the Arbitrator

The Arbitrator –You are exceptional at playing the middle man and working two sides to come to a common conclusion. Your vote decides any ties that take place during the course of the game. You also have the ability as a one time action to add one vote to your total. A PM must be sent to that you intend to use this action.

Day 3 begins, deadline at 8pm eastern.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:22 AM   #1512
Danny
Head Coach

Sorry Alan
Old 05-15-2009, 05:23 AM   #1513
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Yeah that was no shocker.

Good luck villagers! At least my return to WW was mostly a success - I felt I played well, and no on blew up and called me names (well at least to an extreme)

Old 05-15-2009, 05:44 AM   #1514
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sorry to see you go, Alan. You were one (of two) people that I thought probably warranted a guard last night. Nice work on the EF play yesterday, given that you had no inside info.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:53 AM   #1515
hoopsguy
General Manager

A couple of thoughts:
1.) I have no new information to bring to the table at this time and will wait for awhile to see what others may have up their sleeve. No quick vote this AM for me.
2.) I'm not sure if I'll have access to the site from work, but should be home in plenty of time to post this afternoon if blocked during the day.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:06 AM   #1516
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I have nothing new to report, though it's a bummer to see Alan gone.

I'm working near home today, though I don't know if that means I'll be home relatively early or not.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:26 AM   #1517
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Yeah that was no shocker.

Good luck villagers! At least my return to WW was mostly a success - I felt I played well, and no on blew up and called me names (well at least to an extreme)
you SCUK!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:27 AM   #1518
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
OK, so are you attacking this with the idea that EF and I are both wolves? I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to be defending here but if that is the case take a look at the votes from yesterday. I think that would be a pretty tough case to make given me leaving him in danger all day and never moving my vote when pretty much everyone else flipped around multiple times.

i am apparently incorrect...my attack on you was based on the premise that EF wasnt a wolf, which we now know to be incorrect. I was theorizing he was the villager and you were the wolf, which now appears highly unlikely...you were just using some fuzzy logic, imo, which is very much not like you, and rang some bells for me.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:27 AM   #1519
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Well there goes one of my trusted players and a semi-defender.

I got nothing except that at least I was consistently awful with my voting between days 1 and 2 I guess.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:28 AM   #1520
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Yeah, that sucks that we lost Alan -- I was going to vote for him.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:30 AM   #1521
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
you were just using some fuzzy logic, imo, which is very much not like you, and rang some bells for me.

Now that my trying not to vote for people that are my nemesises/nemesi/how about enemies, has been destroyed, I think this is the third or fourth person to say something to this effect to Hoops this game (I was one, when I discussed tunnel-vision and I'm a little surprised, unless I missed it, that he never floated any other possible theories yesterday than PB is bad [but I need to look back to be sure my memory is correct]). I don't know if I would lynch him on this but it is something to keep an eye on I guess.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:36 AM   #1522
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
why? because i voted PB before i went to bed and then unvoted him in the morning? that's stupid

You were part of a 5-0 score for PB. Sure, you unvoted him, which is more than what clap did, but it's definitely something that needs to be looked at. Were you online at deadline? If you were, and kept your vote on EF, that's obviously big ups for you.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:40 AM   #1523
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
You were part of a 5-0 score for PB. Sure, you unvoted him, which is more than what clap did, but it's definitely something that needs to be looked at. Were you online at deadline? If you were, and kept your vote on EF, that's obviously big ups for you.

I have no read on him, but Clap did unvote me too (unless I'm missing the point).
Old 05-15-2009, 06:48 AM   #1524
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I unvoted him!

get your facts strait!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-15-2009, 07:29 AM   #1525
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

After going back through the thread, my trust list remains, in order:

Trust (Most to least): Poli, Lathum, Autumn

Needs looked at (tied): Saldana, Martin D

Distrusts (Most to least): Telle, Hoopsguy, Abe, The Jackal
Old 05-15-2009, 07:35 AM   #1526
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Poli- listened to me on back-to-back days despite me being bad and him good last game. He put that aside and seems to follow logic rather than getting caught up.

Lathum- His role, despite being independent, seems harmless to us now. He never truly pushed for me and even said EF is a solid candidate.

Autumn- Same as Poli, minus some of the fun, dramatic Poli moves.

Saldana/Martin D- vote-based. I didn't love Martin D's day 1 reason but it was day 1. Saldana's late move off of EF to Hoops may be bad (but is voting for Hoops ever bad?)

The Jackal- ALL vote based (but you have to believe I'm good).

Abe- Pinged me somehow yesterday and I can't remember when and the possibly unfortunate voting away from a wolf back-to-back days.

Hoops- I've said it already but I'm not seeing his willingness to look at a lot of different angles, several people have said that his logic seems 'off' this game or he's pushing the village some, the early votes that don't move feels very non-Hoopsian, and Hoops is always on the opposite team as me.

Telle- I've laid it out and I guess it is more vibe than anything but voting record on me twice helps for my peace of mind and that Alan T, known good, also felt the same way.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:47 AM   #1527
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I don't like night killing or lynching someone who is back from a long hiatus or a new player until the mid game. That sucks.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:03 AM   #1528
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Ugh - 8 pages of posts to read. That's what I get for re-formatting my computer last night.

Although I do see we got a wolf last night, huzzah!

Now to get down to the nitty gritty of today...
Old 05-15-2009, 08:09 AM   #1529
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Ugh - 8 pages of posts to read. That's what I get for re-formatting my computer last night.

Although I do see we got a wolf last night, huzzah!

Now to get down to the nitty gritty of today...

Yeah, you guys have been posting up a storm! Hopefully that means everyone is really into the game and enjoying themselves
Old 05-15-2009, 08:11 AM   #1530
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Yeah, you guys have been posting up a storm! Hopefully that means everyone is really into the game and enjoying themselves

I am!! oh wait...

Old 05-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #1531
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

and now it just shuts down!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-15-2009, 08:36 AM   #1532
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I figure a good place to start is people called out by Alan, who we know was good.

vote telle

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-15-2009, 08:38 AM   #1533
Telle
College Starter

Oh goodie! I get to be first!
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #1534
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
I figure a good place to start is people called out by Alan, who we know was good.

vote telle

You know, your vote on me yesterday was pretty much a hit and run. And I don't believe you ever explained why you'd rather go that route than voting for one of the lead contenders. And today you're not offering up anything other than "Well Alan said to do it".
Old 05-15-2009, 08:44 AM   #1535
Autumn
Head Coach

The Jackal and Telle are tops on my suspect list based on voting record. Telle has obviously been tossed around a lot for various vibe reasons as well. My job voting on my vibes has been horrible, so I'm wary of going there, but I think those are two good suspects. Frankly, I think a large clump of the people who voted PB yesterday must be Needies, so I'm looking at a group of those.

I'll follow with Telle, just so we have a contender for the day. I'm willing to slip to other of my suspects who anyone has a good case for though.

VOTE TELLE
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:46 AM   #1536
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
I unvoted him!

get your facts strait!

Sorry clap, it was early morning. I meant to say that DT put in a vote on EF, which is better than what you did. Now hopefully my facts are as strait as Magellan.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:48 AM   #1537
Telle
College Starter

You know, the main case against me seems to be that both days I thought that PurdueBrad was a better lynch candidate than EagleFan. Has anybody noticed that I'm FAR from being the only one to have thought this way?

Others that voted for PB both days: Latham, hoopsguy, Chief Rum

Unless you all have something more against me, I suggest you don't tunnel-vision yourselves so much that you ignore others that the exact same case could be made against.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:48 AM   #1538
Autumn
Head Coach

My distrust list is, in order of most suspect to least:

Telle
TheJackal
Lerriuqs
Hoopsguy
Old 05-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #1539
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
You know, the main case against me seems to be that both days I thought that PurdueBrad was a better lynch candidate than EagleFan. Has anybody noticed that I'm FAR from being the only one to have thought this way?

Unless you all have something more against me, I suggest you don't tunnel-vision yourselves so much that you ignore others that the exact same case could be made against.

Actually my notes have Chief voting EAgleFan Day 1. As well as Hoopsguy. And Lathum voted Eagle Fan as well.

LOL, I'll take your argument then.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #1540
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
My distrust list is, in order of most suspect to least:

Telle
TheJackal
Lerriuqs
Hoopsguy

You've made your case against me. Care to share what you have on the others?
Old 05-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #1541
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Actually my notes have Chief voting EAgleFan Day 1. As well as Hoopsguy. And Lathum voted Eagle Fan as well.

LOL, I'll take your argument then.

Oh shit.. I was looking in the wrong column in my notes. NEVERMIND!!
Old 05-15-2009, 08:51 AM   #1542
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Oh shit.. I was looking in the wrong column in my notes. NEVERMIND!!

Although my logic DOES work for The Jackal. So that's something I guess.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:53 AM   #1543
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I am not sure I like the push towards Telle so quickly with a group of other candidates (Lathum, PB, and Hoops) that might be better to look into today after the events of yesterday. Although I suppose the fact that Alan was pushing for Telle needs to be considered, so I can see that too.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:54 AM   #1544
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't have time to drag out all the details, but my case against that case is entirely vote-based. I'm focusing on those who voted PB yesterday, and those are the most suspect to me based on Day one votes and circumstance.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:55 AM   #1545
Autumn
Head Coach

I certainly don't want to see a one horse race, PF. But we need to start with one. Let's see some others. Unlike AlanT, I can't vote twice ;-)
Old 05-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #1546
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I am not sure I like the push towards Telle so quickly with a group of other candidates (Lathum, PB, and Hoops) that might be better to look into today after the events of yesterday. Although I suppose the fact that Alan was pushing for Telle needs to be considered, so I can see that too.

Lots of people are pushing for me (without much reason, from my point of view). Most of them are probably misguided villagers like Alan was. Doesn't mean much. And it's not like he was the seer or something with some secret info on me. He just had a theory, like everyone else.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #1547
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

umm, what?
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #1548
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm going to throw out a placeholder for PB right now. I'll look back and try to get a better handle at some point, but I can't stop shaking myself off the idea that we've been wolf/wolf with these two.

VOTE PURDUEBRAD
Old 05-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #1549
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
umm, what?

See later.. I had a blond moment.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:00 AM   #1550
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You know, your vote on me yesterday was pretty much a hit and run. And I don't believe you ever explained why you'd rather go that route than voting for one of the lead contenders. And today you're not offering up anything other than "Well Alan said to do it".

I thought I explain it very well. I got nothing bad from Ef (how wrong I was) Or PB... and when people started voting someone I DIDNT trust, I jumped on it. so yeah, I was wrong on EF who knows, maybe Im wrong on you and PB as well!

GIT R DUN!!!