Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2008, 05:02 PM   #1501
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
hmm, somehow i read that there wa still some measure of damage to the pens.... i guess thats what happens when im 5 pages back!

It's ok, that's only the eleventieth error you've made in an attempt to pin blame upon me. You're forgiven...again.

You're still not worth lynching, even if you don't become an engineer until tomorrow.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #1502
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Crap, is this another of those times were Pass has his vote elsewhere, pelts me with questions all day, then switches to me at the last minute and is wrong again?

I hated that.

And anyway, I'm sure you knew that switch was coming!! Didn't I switch my vote at deadline like every day that game?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #1503
Danny
Head Coach

I read my PM again. I really don't think it is implying Jeheinz is bad.. When it mentions I can feel spawn, it says "THE" and not "A". Personally, I will not be voting for Jeheinz today as tomorrow we should be able to clear this up.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #1504
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
hahahaahahahahahahahaahahah

No. I don't suspect you at all, really. I just don't think you should be trying to get the replicant to scan Danny here -- you seem to think he's not likely to be spawn, anyway.

Well, if I'm understanding correctly, the replicant is a 1-time deal to mimic another power.

I don't think Danny is spawn, just because a lie there would've been a poor play, but on the flip side, I'm not a Spawn and I don't know what the concrete explaination is for why he got the note.

I think if I had to pick, at this point I still prefer the idea that the replicant scan path, clear him, effectively clearing the people he scans since we can brig path to protect him.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #1505
hoopsguy
General Manager

Render - initial tweak of suspicion from me with his "throw out a vote and we'll follow" post yesterday, although I didn't comment on it (publicly) at the time. I'll dig up post # if people need to see it. I'm certainly not the only guy who gets bad vibes from those kinds of posts.

Today - we now have two members of the officers cleared by the seer. Regardless of Path's faction, he probably isn't giving fake clears yet (would he?). I know my allegiance, so that leaves RendeR + Telle.

I'm going with my gut on RendeR over the odds on Telle (2 away missions). Her "very successful" initial mission could have been just a good random.org result, but it sounds like today was a good one as well. That is enough to temper my worries about her to a level below RendeR, although I'll likely return to her tomorrow if we lynch RendeR and find him good.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #1506
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
And anyway, I'm sure you knew that switch was coming!! Didn't I switch my vote at deadline like every day that game?

Yeah I did

Yeah you did

And yeah, you were still bleepin' wrong!
Old 07-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #1507
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, if I'm understanding correctly, the replicant is a 1-time deal to mimic another power.

I don't think Danny is spawn, just because a lie there would've been a poor play, but on the flip side, I'm not a Spawn and I don't know what the concrete explaination is for why he got the note.

I think if I had to pick, at this point I still prefer the idea that the replicant scan path, clear him, effectively clearing the people he scans since we can brig path to protect him.

I agree with your last paragraph -- that's why all this noise about Danny worries me.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:06 PM   #1508
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I read my PM again. I really don't think it is implying Jeheinz is bad.. When it mentions I can feel spawn, it says "THE" and not "A". Personally, I will not be voting for Jeheinz today as tomorrow we should be able to clear this up.

This couldn't have been mentioned like before the dissertations I typed up?
Old 07-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #1509
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Hoops (anyone really)

Not to imply you're wrong, just gauging if I should move, what are the repercussions of us lynching RendeR?

You become 2nd officer and Telle becomes Security Chief? Does someone else become Ensign (Tyrith?)

I'm not sure on Ensign - I think we may need to promote/train a new one. Hopefully BK can clarify.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:08 PM   #1510
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I agree with your last paragraph -- that's why all this noise about Danny worries me.

Yes, and this is admiteddly self-serving, the me/Danny/Aware issue is best served by waiting until tomorrow.

We've got our repair orders in, even if Danny is spawn, if he fakes I'll finish the deal (*hello any security person want to start at least acknowledging the necessity that is guarding the hold?*). If you all believe him and I fake, he'd finish it.

Not dying of thirst should be of chief concern right now.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:08 PM   #1511
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
It would make absolutely no sense for me to lie about that message. It is possible I am a spawnling, though it doesn't seem to indicate that if I am reading it correctly. I've already said that even if the message did mean Spawn aware that it doesn't mean you have to be bad.

Again, based on my reading of it, it's possible the message was simply indicating me of a power I am going to have and not necessarily have anything to do with who was near me. I would advise not voting for you today even if I come clean as we'll know more tomorrow.

I agree with this. If Danny is spawn or spawnling, why call attention to himself by mentioning the note on his PM? Makes no sense to me, and I'm a little surprised that hoops is pushing it.

We need to start a CoT. I'm key to that since I'm the one doing scans. The replicant should scan me -- that way we know my scans can be trusted and we can start building some solid trust circles here. Scanning Danny is taking a shot in the dark for vague reasons.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #1512
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm not sure on Ensign - I think we may need to promote/train a new one. Hopefully BK can clarify.

Gotcha. And if a Spawn was to be the 2nd in Command (or whatev) what would be the benefits to the Spawn? I mean of course, you can't really fake a mission. What else could they do in that spot?
Old 07-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #1513
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Render - initial tweak of suspicion from me with his "throw out a vote and we'll follow" post yesterday, although I didn't comment on it (publicly) at the time. I'll dig up post # if people need to see it. I'm certainly not the only guy who gets bad vibes from those kinds of posts.

Today - we now have two members of the officers cleared by the seer. Regardless of Path's faction, he probably isn't giving fake clears yet (would he?). I know my allegiance, so that leaves RendeR + Telle.

I'm going with my gut on RendeR over the odds on Telle (2 away missions). Her "very successful" initial mission could have been just a good random.org result, but it sounds like today was a good one as well. That is enough to temper my worries about her to a level below RendeR, although I'll likely return to her tomorrow if we lynch RendeR and find him good.

I totally remember the post you were talking about from yesterday -- I don't know the post number either, though.

Can path really give fake clears? He dies if he finds spawn, right? But he can probably fake his action?

By the way, I love that mechanic -- if the seer finds a spawn, just kill them both and move on. Much better than sitting around voting nightfall for a full day (or two).
Old 07-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #1514
Danny
Head Coach

Shh, I'm raising our post counts!

I was trying to leave some doubt about what the message stated exactly since I don't want the spawn to know for sure. I also don't want to see you get voted for though when I am cleared.

If I get different information tomorrow that could change of course, but for now there's no reason to lynch you.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #1515
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pass, I'm cool with having dissenting discussion on the Replicant. I would just remind people that we can have the Trainer bring up a Medic (we have one now, another on the way) who will be able to scan the doc later in the game. So it isn't that we lose our ability to scan Path for the duration if the replicant chooses someone else.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #1516
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I don't like the idea of piling on PF; however, I don't think a No Lynch is a smart move. I have no freaking idea what to do. Throw a random name in the hat? Pile on PF? Take the easy route and vote No Lynch? I'm not going to do what I did yesterday, and vote oliegirl, because I still feel bad about that (Sorry!!!).

All of this indecision, and the need for SOMETHING to happen leads me to this:

Vote PackerFanatic

You should feel bad!!! Just kidding...

I was "this close" to opening up a can of olierage on you last night, but then realized you were tired and it was just a misunderstanding...but I did give you a phaser tonight so you should be happy now
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:12 PM   #1517
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Pass, I'm cool with having dissenting discussion on the Replicant. I would just remind people that we can have the Trainer bring up a Medic (we have one now, another on the way) who will be able to scan the doc later in the game. So it isn't that we lose our ability to scan Path for the duration if the replicant chooses someone else.

I don't think Medics can scan.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:13 PM   #1518
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Olie, when can the scientists be expecting phasers?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:13 PM   #1519
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

But can converted medics scan?
Old 07-09-2008, 05:13 PM   #1520
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

VOTE PACKERFANATIC

Unfortunately, there isn't an overwhelming case against him, but I dont' agree with a no lynch vote and of the candidates we have, he is the most expendable.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:14 PM   #1521
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
No one is automatically made an Ensign. The Second Officer needs to train someone for two days.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #1522
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Olie, when can the scientists be expecting phasers?

When it becomes necessary for them to have them...I guess that would be something you would need to take up with Hoops. I'm taking directive from him on who to give them to. I changed it up a little last night from his suggestions, but followed them today.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #1523
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Can path really give fake clears? He dies if he finds spawn, right? But he can probably fake his action?

By the way, I love that mechanic -- if the seer finds a spawn, just kill them both and move on. Much better than sitting around voting nightfall for a full day (or two).

It's hard to give fake clears when it is announced that the subject of my scan and I go into the office together.....since as you correctly point out, I'm dead if I find a spawn.

This is the third thing that hoops has said today that is giving me the heebie-jeebies. First it was the thing about minimum 3 spawn, then it was pushing the replicant to scan Danny, now it's suggesting I can fake clear. Hoops knows rules better than that, and no way he hasn't read the rules to this game.

I'm thinking hard about switching my vote.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:16 PM   #1524
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Four things.

UNVOTE PACKERFANATIC
VOTE HOOPSGUY
Old 07-09-2008, 05:17 PM   #1525
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I agree with this. If Danny is spawn or spawnling, why call attention to himself by mentioning the note on his PM? Makes no sense to me, and I'm a little surprised that hoops is pushing it.

We need to start a CoT. I'm key to that since I'm the one doing scans. The replicant should scan me -- that way we know my scans can be trusted and we can start building some solid trust circles here. Scanning Danny is taking a shot in the dark for vague reasons.

Personally, I'm already granting you implicit trust - you are going to get scanned if you stay alive in this game. Whether that is tomorrow or the day after, it doesn't make a ton of difference for me as I'm trying to figure out the right move on D2. Consider "Path's Scans = Trusted" to be a moderate assumption on my part up to this point.

I want to make the right move TODAY. That is my priority at the moment, and that is why I've proposed the idea of scanning Danny today. There are a few outcomes:
1.) Danny is spawnling = cured, duplicant lives as well. Not necessarily the case if/when you scan him later in game (very good)
2.) Danny is good, we have strong reason to believe him being Spawn Aware, path leads to Heinz and we lynch a Spawn (mostly good, bad result for repairs right now)
3.) Danny is good, we have strong reason to believe him being Spawn Aware, but are wrong on Heinz (very bad)
4.) Danny is a Spawn, making a move I don't understand (playing off of Alan?) - we get a Spawn, maybe in a 1:1 trade, that doesn't involve our everyday medic (very good)
Old 07-09-2008, 05:17 PM   #1526
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Four things.

UNVOTE PACKERFANATIC
VOTE HOOPSGUY

explain yourself please
Old 07-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #1527
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
It's hard to give fake clears when it is announced that the subject of my scan and I go into the office together.....since as you correctly point out, I'm dead if I find a spawn.

This is the third thing that hoops has said today that is giving me the heebie-jeebies. First it was the thing about minimum 3 spawn, then it was pushing the replicant to scan Danny, now it's suggesting I can fake clear. Hoops knows rules better than that, and no way he hasn't read the rules to this game.

IIRC, Spawn I had a fake clear -- the two people involved (dubb and RA, maybe?) went into a room together, then came out an hour later. Faking duties is in the game. It's much better than suggesting that the warden can go in and out of the brig at will!
Old 07-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #1528
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Trainer brings up medic to doctor.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:20 PM   #1529
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, please scan me tomorrow. I would like to be "fake cleared"

I think I've been very consistent in saying I trust your scans, if not entirely you. For that reason, I don't consider it a absolute necessity that you are the target of the replicant early in the game.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #1530
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Trainer brings up medic to doctor.

Ah, I see. So what happens if we lose the Trainer?
Old 07-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #1531
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I believe the cool kids call that Welcome to Shit Creek (wrt making a new doctor)
Old 07-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #1532
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
explain yourself please

LSG, sometimes I get the feeling you don't even read the posts.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:24 PM   #1533
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Quote:
I believe the cool kids call that Welcome to Shit Creek (wrt making a new doctor)

Another possible use of the replicant? Other than that, I don't see a way to replace this role.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:25 PM   #1534
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Personally, I'm already granting you implicit trust - you are going to get scanned if you stay alive in this game. Whether that is tomorrow or the day after, it doesn't make a ton of difference for me as I'm trying to figure out the right move on D2. Consider "Path's Scans = Trusted" to be a moderate assumption on my part up to this point.

I want to make the right move TODAY. That is my priority at the moment, and that is why I've proposed the idea of scanning Danny today. There are a few outcomes:
1.) Danny is spawnling = cured, duplicant lives as well. Not necessarily the case if/when you scan him later in game (very good)
2.) Danny is good, we have strong reason to believe him being Spawn Aware, path leads to Heinz and we lynch a Spawn (mostly good, bad result for repairs right now)
3.) Danny is good, we have strong reason to believe him being Spawn Aware, but are wrong on Heinz (very bad)
4.) Danny is a Spawn, making a move I don't understand (playing off of Alan?) - we get a Spawn, maybe in a 1:1 trade, that doesn't involve our everyday medic (very good)

You seem to be ignoring the fact that multiple times I have said that me being cleared doesn't mean lynching Jeheinz is a good action. From the way my message is worded, it does not sound like it is referring to jeheinz. And if it is, we will know tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:25 PM   #1535
hoopsguy
General Manager

Replicant = Duplicant.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:26 PM   #1536
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
You seem to be ignoring the fact that multiple times I have said that me being cleared doesn't mean lynching Jeheinz is a good action. From the way my message is worded, it does not sound like it is referring to jeheinz. And if it is, we will know tomorrow.

Danny, I've put my vote elsewhere, in part because of what you have said. However, it was suggested that I wasn't being rational in my approach. So I did my best to spell out the argument I had made earlier in the day.

I agree we'll find out more info tomorrow on you + Heinz.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #1537
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
LSG, sometimes I get the feeling you don't even read the posts.

haha sometimes I dont... but i wanted you to explain the 'four things' not the vote for hoops.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #1538
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Path, please scan me tomorrow. I would like to be "fake cleared"

I think I've been very consistent in saying I trust your scans, if not entirely you. For that reason, I don't consider it a absolute necessity that you are the target of the replicant early in the game.

hoops, I'm not saying that you do or don't trust me or my scans -- I think my actions in this game have been pretty upfront and clear, and once I hit a spawn we'll know 100% about me. My vote for Packer was based more on who is or isn't more expendable. My switch to you is more based on a bad feeling I'm getting based on the points I've noted above (though I guess Pass is correct that I could fake scan if I wanted to play that, I hadn't considered that -- but man, if the seer is bad off the bat the survivors were screwed anyway!), and that a medic could be eventually trained up to doctor and then scan......and I'd always prefer to vote on an actual feeling than just who can we spare, if that makes sense.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:29 PM   #1539
Poli
FOFC Survivor

About time to bow out of watching this game. I'm down some 16 pages.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:29 PM   #1540
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
haha sometimes I dont... but i wanted you to explain the 'four things' not the vote for hoops.

Quote:

To quote the post where I gave my reasons. Also my last post I back off a little bit on the third and fourth point (which was about the medic scanning).
Old 07-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #1541
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Yes, yes.

Almost everything Hoops has said this game has given me the heebie-jeebies.

I am definitely on board with this.

Unvote No Lynch
Vote Hoopsguy
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #1542
hoopsguy
General Manager

This seems like a pretty good time to break out the initial "trust list". I'm pretty pleased that we are still seeing conversation even without the pressure of votes, more or less.

Trusted (in order): self, Alan (most recent scan), KWhit (yestedays scan, supposedly guarded), Olie (verified her night action), Saldana (Olie verified her action)
Neither: everyone not listed, although right now Jackal + Chubby are closer to distrusted than trusted
Distrusted (last listed = most distrusted): PackerFanatic (exhausted), Bulletsponge (exhausted), Heinz (either good or bad read), Telle (Officer Theory + 2 away missions), RendeR (Officer Theory + good/bad read)
Old 07-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #1543
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I'd always prefer to vote on an actual feeling than just who can we spare, if that makes sense.

Same argument I made most of the afternoon about Heinz, so I can't hold this against you.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:33 PM   #1544
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Danny, I've put my vote elsewhere, in part because of what you have said. However, it was suggested that I wasn't being rational in my approach. So I did my best to spell out the argument I had made earlier in the day.

I agree we'll find out more info tomorrow on you + Heinz.

Sounds good.

I do understand suspicion on you honestly. You've made a few plays that seem wolfish to me too. On the other hand, if you are a wolf, would you have made those plays that seem wolfish? I'd prefer to see a two man race either way

Vote Hoopsguy
Old 07-09-2008, 05:36 PM   #1545
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hoops always gives me the heebie-jeebies and I usually avoid voting for him because I'm always certain he'll turn it on me. Hoops is a vote that I think I can follow but I'm still not sure.

I've been bothered by his early push that an engineer is likely a spawn when the numbers don't bear it out more than any other position (and even less so than the officers I believe). Also, his strong suspicion or push that there could be four starting spawn when the best info we have does say two or three.

I'm likely to move my vote but we'll see as I'm not super-excited about voting the security officer either.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #1546
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Plus I hate voting into the middle of a run so I'll hold off for a while to make my decision.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #1547
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
To quote the post where I gave my reasons. Also my last post I back off a little bit on the third and fourth point (which was about the medic scanning).

Point #1 - I honestly don't get why you would think it is bad I'm playing against one too many opponents rather than one too few? This is the worst reason of all the ones you listed, in my opinion. Beyond that, neither of us can prove the point if we aren't Spawn. We'll see in the post-game, but I will be absolutely shocked if there were only two starting spawn.

Point #2 - I've laid out my points on the Danny duplicant thing in a lot of detail, but you don't comment on the scenarios I paint, just that I don't want you scanned. If you are good, then why is it so important for you to be scanned instead of scanning someone who might be a Spawn? I know the obvious "because others need to trust my scans for the COT" but I think I've addressed this in multiple posts. The duplicant isn't the only path to scan you.

Point #3 and Point #4 - you say that you've backed off them, so I won't continue debating.

Look, if your gut says I'm Spawn then go ahead and try to lynch me. But if you actually want to have a discussion on the points then I'll be around to do so. Plus you have it entirely in your power to clear me tomorrow - just as you did today.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:39 PM   #1548
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I think the issue, at least my issue hoops, with #1 is that it's fine to play against one too many when A) It's feasible and B) You're not jiggering numbers to portray the idea that we should vote into our most important group of people at the moment (the engineers)
Old 07-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #1549
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm leaving for softball in about half an hour but am really torn on this. IF I vote Hoops, know that it is not meant to be hit and run, that I will have put a ton of thought into it. IF I stay no lynch, it's because Hoops was the #1 way I would've gone and my numbers 2-21 (or however many there are) just don't feel real strong. Although it is starting to look like no lynch is a waste if it can be overridden by a 1/3 minority, even if the other 2/3's are on no lynch.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:41 PM   #1550
KWhit
Coordinator

My thoughts on Hoops and why I'm voting for him:

Adamantly argued against No Lynch when the prevailing wisdom indicates that one shouldn't lynch unless you have a reason to vote against someone on day one in a game like this with such important external objectives.

Ignored the very clear initial post by BK on how many Spawn we started out with. He did this to pursue a lynch of an engineer - a very important role for us right now.

When that didn't work, turned to the officers going on the offensive with the attitude of "An officer pretty much has to be a Spawn, so go after the other two - not me." He knows he will be scanned soon, so he wants to take others down before he is.

Wants the replicant to scan Danny and not the doc to clear him.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote