Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-22-2006, 11:35 AM   #1501
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
Blade, this is a big ]

Danger Will Robinson, Danger!!!
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:35 AM   #1502
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So I haven't read Lathum's post yet as I am sitting in a public place at work, but I'm guessing he's not too big of a fan of Blade right now ?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:35 AM   #1503
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I am having some significant conn problems right now. Took me twenty minutes to bring up this thread. I'll put several thioughts into this one post and hope my connectivity clears up later.

I'm fine with the path order for the EG when there is a critical role revealed. Maybe the EG guarded the soothsayer last night and wanted to do so again last night but couldn't. It was a good guard.

The dagger does nothing and isn't a real item? Too bad we can't get hoopsguy to verify that for us, since it was a pm. What do you guys think about that "reveal" or passacaglia's logic as to why he said he had a real item?

It seems like everyone has a scarab. I wish I had one too.

Some of you are still making the assumption that there was just one Initiate. STOP THAT. If there are five Necromancers, and just three Nec roles, than either there are generic Necros, or multiple roles (ditto for four Necs). Which role is the least broken, least abusive? The Initiate one. Therefore, if there are duplicates, it's likely they are Initiates.

Since it also seems we have additional scarabs out there, no one can make any assumptions about any scarabs they possess.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:36 AM   #1504
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Unvote Tangle
Vote Bullet

This statement stands for itself. I'll follow Blade's lead.

Qwik, out of curiosity, why are you following Blade's lead instead of some of the people who are more likely cleared at this time? I don't have any suspicions of Blade per say, but your actions feel a little more suspicious to me. Blindly following someone's lead is a pretty good way to have a cop out if you end up having bad results... ie: "I trusted blade, and went with his vote, wasn't my fault!"

Don't get me wrong, Blade is championing voting for the person who I am leaning towards again today. Im just curious why you picked blade over someone like Path, or Sndvls who there is a much more likely chance of them being good.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:36 AM   #1505
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

"Auntie Em...It's a twister, It's a twister!!!"
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 06-22-2006, 11:37 AM   #1506
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
I am having some significant conn problems right now. Took me twenty minutes to bring up this thread. I'll put several thioughts into this one post and hope my connectivity clears up later.

I'm fine with the path order for the EG when there is a critical role revealed. Maybe the EG guarded the soothsayer last night and wanted to do so again last night but couldn't. It was a good guard.

The dagger does nothing and isn't a real item? Too bad we can't get hoopsguy to verify that for us, since it was a pm. What do you guys think about that "reveal" or passacaglia's logic as to why he said he had a real item?

It seems like everyone has a scarab. I wish I had one too.

Some of you are still making the assumption that there was just one Initiate. STOP THAT. If there are five Necromancers, and just three Nec roles, than either there are generic Necros, or multiple roles (ditto for four Necs). Which role is the least broken, least abusive? The Initiate one. Therefore, if there are duplicates, it's likely they are Initiates.

Since it also seems we have additional scarabs out there, no one can make any assumptions about any scarabs they possess.

-Anxiety

The board was really slow for me too for a while. but it appears to have cleared up for me now
Old 06-22-2006, 11:38 AM   #1507
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Qwik, out of curiosity, why are you following Blade's lead instead of some of the people who are more likely cleared at this time? I don't have any suspicions of Blade per say, but your actions feel a little more suspicious to me. Blindly following someone's lead is a pretty good way to have a cop out if you end up having bad results... ie: "I trusted blade, and went with his vote, wasn't my fault!"

Don't get me wrong, Blade is championing voting for the person who I am leaning towards again today. Im just curious why you picked blade over someone like Path, or Sndvls who there is a much more likely chance of them being good.

To build a circle of trust, you have to earn a circle of trust...

Now you cast me as neutral in your list...so how am I to prove myself, even though I voted for Bek twice...and really it's not much of a deviation because I voted for bullet yesterday...but I have a good feeling that blade is good.

Now if he's wrong, then I was wrong...and we're back to square one...so unless I can pull some baddies out of my hat, I have to go with some leads and blade's as good as any, unless someone has a better theory...
Old 06-22-2006, 11:40 AM   #1508
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
I had some usefull information but I'll just keep it to myself and let all the "vets" and "master strategists" win the game for us.

Well I've always considered you a vet. Perhaps you could share the info with the rest of us and we'll all promise not to tell Blade ?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:41 AM   #1509
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
....wow we need to chill out.
no, i think lathum has a bit of a point, and if you knew him as well as i do, you would know how much it takes to actually get him angry enough to post like that....in the past page, blade has basically said that lathum and bek suck, whoever is the seer is dumb if that is who they scanned, and path isnt competent enough to use the powers of his role with out Blade's supervision.

considering what lathum did last game, if i were the seer, he would be at the top of my list of people to worry about...its just the fact that he doesnt post as much as others that he doesnt get as much attention, but if you look at the games he has been a power player in, he usually does extremely well.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:43 AM   #1510
Barkeep49
Coordinator

With all the board problems I must have missed it: Did someone else also claim to have a scarab?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:43 AM   #1511
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

"come on people now...smile on your brothers (except baddies) and try to love another right now (except baddies who should be lynched)..."
Old 06-22-2006, 11:44 AM   #1512
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
With all the board problems I must have missed it: Did someone else also claim to have a scarab?

pharoah path did
Old 06-22-2006, 11:44 AM   #1513
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ahh. So that's very interesting indeed. Path what are your current plans?

Clearly the idea that there was more than 1 initiate seems to have been well founded.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:45 AM   #1514
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Hell, I've been crapped on all over this game am I a vet yet?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:45 AM   #1515
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
"come on people now...smile on your brothers (except baddies) and try to love another right now (except baddies who should be lynched)..."

If you get that song in my head I am so gonna lynch your ass.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:46 AM   #1516
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

Clearly the idea that there was more than 1 initiate seems to have been well founded.

it sounded like path used it in his post. saying it gave off a green glow.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:46 AM   #1517
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
Hell, I've been crapped on all over this game am I a vet yet?

awww sun you are a vet to me....for me to POOP on!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 11:46 AM   #1518
st.cronin
General Manager

Tom Brady doesn't lose his cool when Peyton Manning brags about his qb rating.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:47 AM   #1519
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
If you get that song in my head I am so gonna lynch your ass.

"Don't worry...be happy, be happy now....!"
Old 06-22-2006, 11:49 AM   #1520
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
no, i think lathum has a bit of a point, and if you knew him as well as i do, you would know how much it takes to actually get him angry enough to post like that....in the past page, blade has basically said that lathum and bek suck, whoever is the seer is dumb if that is who they scanned, and path isnt competent enough to use the powers of his role with out Blade's supervision.

considering what lathum did last game, if i were the seer, he would be at the top of my list of people to worry about...its just the fact that he doesnt post as much as others that he doesnt get as much attention, but if you look at the games he has been a power player in, he usually does extremely well.
Did not like 10 other people ask why would other necros scan bek when i stated i thought they found him? And with path, i think its an extension of the problem. I think the EG is competent enough to do his role, and path doesnt think so. So the problem has to come in me not calling lathum a vet, which is where i think i used the wrong word. What i meant was there was merely the group that usually talks more and is more active. Hoops, Barkeep, Alan, Cronin, etc. that is generally grouped together and a group of quiet players who are usually grouped together(by me, maybe not by others).

Bek and Lathum fall into the quiet category. I mispoke on the word vet, but not my meaning behind the post. If lathum hates me, thats all good. Ive had many people hate me, and it hasnt affected me one bit. Heck, i actually seem to get along with them down the road once we better understand eachother(like with schmidty).

My vote is on bullet, i think as of now its the right move. If lathum wants to play and help the team, he can do so. Im happy with where im at and what has transpired to date.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:51 AM   #1521
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Path said he had one at the start of the game I think.

Not one from last night at least. Which is weird considering the only two roles that I know of that could hand those out couldnt until last night.

So My guess is path got one to start the game as pharoah
Old 06-22-2006, 11:51 AM   #1522
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Can I get a post # for path's scarab thing?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:51 AM   #1523
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
So I haven't read Lathum's post yet as I am sitting in a public place at work, but I'm guessing he's not too big of a fan of Blade right now ?
Just think about what schmidty used to say, qwik said a 2 games back, or fozzie said in the ninja? game. Its all the same really, same story different person i offend.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #1524
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Keep in mind, I still have the helmet and I can only keep one object at a time, so for me to get the knife I would need to pass/use the helmet.

As a matter of fact, this would be a good time after Barkeep's revelation to say that I had a scarab to start with. I used it when I got the helmet. There was no obvious effect besides a green light that washed over me.

Barkeep it was post 1481
Old 06-22-2006, 11:58 AM   #1525
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Path said he had one at the start of the game I think.

Not one from last night at least. Which is weird considering the only two roles that I know of that could hand those out couldnt until last night.

So My guess is path got one to start the game as pharoah

This is correct. I had one to start the game. When I got the helmet I was told I could only hold one object at a time, so would have to either pass or use the scarab or helmet.

I didn't have anyone that I could definitively say was good at that point to pass it off to, and have no idea who the enchanter or whatever he's called is, so I decided to use the scarab. A green light washed over me but there was no apparent effect.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:59 AM   #1526
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
And with path, i think its an extension of the problem. I think the EG is competent enough to do his role, and path doesnt think so.

That is a gross mischaracterization of what I said. But whatever....it's not worth arguing about.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:01 PM   #1527
saldana
Pro Starter

it only makes sense that path had to have his scarab at the start of the game, since last night was the first night anyone would have had to get one from the enchanter or initiate.

qwik, i agree with you that there could be another initiate, but if there is and he made a scarab, why hasnt anyone else come out and said they got one? especially since BK already said he got one....if i got one the day after an initiate got killed, i would assume it was from the enchanter if it was the only one...if another person got one, he should say something so we can try and find a way to figure out which one is cursed.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:01 PM   #1528
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
That is a gross mischaracterization of what I said. But whatever....it's not worth arguing about.
You said what if its tangle whos the EG...what does that mean then, as maybe i misunderstood it but i took it as you were saying tangle couldnt manage to get his actions in.
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 12:02 PM   #1529
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

Blade, don't go pissing off the pharoah, he is a god after all...
Old 06-22-2006, 12:03 PM   #1530
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
it only makes sense that path had to have his scarab at the start of the game, since last night was the first night anyone would have had to get one from the enchanter or initiate.

qwik, i agree with you that there could be another initiate, but if there is and he made a scarab, why hasnt anyone else come out and said they got one? especially since BK already said he got one....if i got one the day after an initiate got killed, i would assume it was from the enchanter if it was the only one...if another person got one, he should say something so we can try and find a way to figure out which one is cursed.
Saldana, how could they pass last night? I thought they couldnt even craft until last night, so are we to believe they can craft and pass on the same evening?
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 12:03 PM   #1531
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

path, i would just let it alone at this point...its obvious that the "new and improved blade" that was advertised last game is gone and we have gone back to the same old shit.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:05 PM   #1532
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Saldana, how could they pass last night? I thought they couldnt even craft until last night, so are we to believe they can craft and pass on the same evening?

if they couldnt, then where did it come from? or are you calling barkeeps reveal about receiving a fake?
Old 06-22-2006, 12:06 PM   #1533
saldana
Pro Starter

i'm leaving for work, be back on around 6
Old 06-22-2006, 12:06 PM   #1534
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
if they couldnt, then where did it come from? or are you calling barkeeps reveal about receiving a fake?
I tend to trust barkeep, so thats where im having trouble. I just didnt think in my head they could craft and pass in the same night, so the logic was breaking down for me. I dont know what happened, but im not ready to call barkeep's reveal fake like i have pass's attack story.
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 12:06 PM   #1535
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

What if Cronin /found/ the scarab...what if it wasn't formed by any of us but was just found in-game...that to me seems like a possibility.

Also green doesn't seem very evil a color, so I'm guessing it's not cursed.

I really think the baddies are still splintered, and one without his dagger, HA-HA!

It reeks of desperation...

But I do believe there are several out there meant to do harm...
Old 06-22-2006, 12:07 PM   #1536
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
You said what if its tangle whos the EG...what does that mean then, as maybe i misunderstood it but i took it as you were saying tangle couldnt manage to get his actions in.

It means what if the person who is the EG is away from the game for one reason or another? Everyone has things that come up in real life. Since I have no idea who the EG is, how am I to know if they're one of the people who is around and paying attention? It's not a reflection on the EG by any means or that I think someone isn't competent enough to make a call -- it's trying to play the game to the best of my ability for the good of the Egyptians.

So if you want to question my ability, that's fine -- I question my ability. But don't say that I was questioning anybody elses.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:07 PM   #1537
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
awww sun you are a vet to me....for me to POOP on!!!

Thanks for the online ego stroke qwik
Old 06-22-2006, 12:09 PM   #1538
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
This is correct. I had one to start the game. When I got the helmet I was told I could only hold one object at a time, so would have to either pass or use the scarab or helmet.

I didn't have anyone that I could definitively say was good at that point to pass it off to, and have no idea who the enchanter or whatever he's called is, so I decided to use the scarab. A green light washed over me but there was no apparent effect.

my guess is that is what protected you last night then.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:10 PM   #1539
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
my guess is that is what protected you last night then.

I figure it's either that or just one attacker and I got lucky.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:11 PM   #1540
SnDvls
Pro Starter

path did anyone get into your room during the attack?
Old 06-22-2006, 12:12 PM   #1541
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
What if Cronin /found/ the scarab...what if it wasn't formed by any of us but was just found in-game...that to me seems like a possibility.

Also green doesn't seem very evil a color, so I'm guessing it's not cursed.

Cronin didn't find mine -- I had it from the start.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:12 PM   #1542
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
So if you want to question my ability, that's fine -- I question my ability. But don't say that I was questioning anybody elses.
The funny thing there, i havent questioned anyones ability this game. I have questioned stories, ideas, and roles. I have also mispoken once describing lathum and bek(a friend of mine, so i know for a fact i wasnt trashing the two of them). I question your decision to order the EG, but not your ability as a player. Im not very tactful with my comments, so people often take things far worse then they really are. Such is though
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #1543
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Interesting.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:14 PM   #1544
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
path did anyone get into your room during the attack?

There's no description of where I was when attacked, just that I was startled and out of the corner of my eye I saw the necromancer with dagger raised.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:15 PM   #1545
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
If lathum wants to play and help the team, he can do so. Im happy with where im at and what has transpired to date.

and if he doesnt help your "team" is his head next in the neuce? and of course your happy where you are, nobody seems to suspect you, the happiest place a necro could be.

i for one have Lathum high on my trust list, but Blade and his subtle bully tactics leave me suspicious of him
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:16 PM   #1546
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I was attacked last night. Luckily, I appear to have had some combat training and was able to parry the blow while screaming for my guards. He blinded me momentarily as I was reaching for his hood, so I didn't get a look at who it was before he escaped.

well going off this post and the rules (scarab of protection) I would say path had a cursed scarab. The scarab of protection doesn't let an attacker into your room. so if a seer had looked at path (good or bad) they would have gotten a bad read.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:17 PM   #1547
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Although the infernal storms have not abated, the weather is not as downright miserable as it was the last two nights. It seems that the Egyptians have fallen into a comfortable night routine while awaiting the start of the next day and the countdown to the sacrifice. On this night, however, a call is sent up from the Pharaoh's quarters! Everyone gathers outside as order is restored. A quick head count reveals that everyone is still here! Praise to Osiris!

Day 4 has begun.

dola - leads me to believe he was in his room as well
Old 06-22-2006, 12:19 PM   #1548
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
and if he doesnt help your "team" is his head next in the neuce? and of course your happy where you are, nobody seems to suspect you, the happiest place a necro could be.

i for one have Lathum high on my trust list, but Blade and his subtle bully tactics leave me suspicious of him
Your my vote and my top suspect for everything but how much you have posted/contributed. I think you played a part in saving bek, i think you might have scanned lathum as a necro, and you have made some comments that have just thrown up some red flags. Any one of them by themselves wouldnt be enough, but put them together and they seem to point to something for me.

As for lathum, i honestly have no read on him. Hes not going to be my vote as i havent seen him do anything suspicious yet. For all the trash people talk about me(ironically for talking trash about other people...funny how that works out), i keep my votes about the game. Your my top game suspect, and that reflects in no way on your game. I think, if your bad, you have played a great game. I just have a gut feeling about you, and would like to see it tested.
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 12:22 PM   #1549
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Your my top game suspect, and that reflects in no way on your game. I think, if your bad, you have played a great game. I just have a gut feeling about you, and would like to see it tested

actually if im bad and i get hanged tonight that would indicate that i dint play a good game
Old 06-22-2006, 12:23 PM   #1550
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Didnt*