Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Spoiler

Spoiler
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:53 PM   #1507
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I heart you MJ4H. The bailouts in my game really ruined it. You've taken the game and made it what it should be.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #1508
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Spoiler
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #1509
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Spoiler

Spoiler

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:55 PM   #1510
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Spoiler

Spoiler
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:21 PM   #1511
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Spoiler
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:20 PM   #1512
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Spoiler

Spoiler
Old 11-14-2008, 11:11 PM   #1513
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Spoiler

I sat here for the whole game and thought that if the Mole was eliminated during a challenge, the game would end. Guess I was wrong!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:17 PM   #1514
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Spoiler

Spoiler
Old 11-15-2008, 02:11 AM   #1515
path12
Coordinator

The evader game I played totally straight in thread. I wanted to give Brian info but I also didn't want him to be able to tell from the thread that it was from me. I tried to be very careful and spare with my wordings and would purposely stay away from the thread after putting out a message in fear he would check who was there.

So when we all started getting the counts wrong it was fantastic cover from my point of view.

Last edited by path12 : 11-15-2008 at 02:12 AM.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:38 AM   #1516
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think we can probably do away with the spoilers tag now. I think you did a great job overall MJ4H, but I would caution you to be careful with correcting players in the thread for the next game. Barkeep at some point commented on something that was in the rules, but he missed. If I remember correctly it wasn't a question to you in the thread, just a comment on how to play the challenge. You corrected him, and right there I was pretty sure Barkeep wasn't the Mole because you wouldn't have corrected the Mole, because the Mole might try something like that, or even more play off that comment.

And players should be cautious about posting in the thread about being ready/not ready to take the quiz. (I did too). The Mole doesn't take the quiz, so I tended to eliminate people who did that as being the Mole. A sneaky Mole could do that I guess though.

And other than the maze challenge, we really didn't "attack" someone who made a suspicious action or statement like we would in Werewolf. Putting the heat on the Mole might get them to slip up.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:19 AM   #1517
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

The trouble is that you don't really want the Mole to slip up too badly. If everyone knows who the mole is, quizzes come down to time. If people don't know the mole, but you do...big advantage.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #1518
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I think we can probably do away with the spoilers tag now. I think you did a great job overall MJ4H, but I would caution you to be careful with correcting players in the thread for the next game. Barkeep at some point commented on something that was in the rules, but he missed. If I remember correctly it wasn't a question to you in the thread, just a comment on how to play the challenge. You corrected him, and right there I was pretty sure Barkeep wasn't the Mole because you wouldn't have corrected the Mole, because the Mole might try something like that, or even more play off that comment.

And players should be cautious about posting in the thread about being ready/not ready to take the quiz. (I did too). The Mole doesn't take the quiz, so I tended to eliminate people who did that as being the Mole. A sneaky Mole could do that I guess though.

And other than the maze challenge, we really didn't "attack" someone who made a suspicious action or statement like we would in Werewolf. Putting the heat on the Mole might get them to slip up.

Actually those were two things I considered, and I would have absolutely treated the mole the same way. However, that said, part of the game I think is for the players to find little things like that to pick up on. Things that are real, actual things that would happen differently in terms of behavior for the actual mole. Good detectives can pick up on things like that. This was actually a conscious decision of mine to try to make sure everyone understands the procedures in the thread. Now, the mole may not need to get clarification and just act based on knowing he is wrong. Something like that. Those are the sorts of clues that good players might be able to use.

Also, you couldn't be positive that the mole wouldn't a) take the quizzes, or b) at least claim he was ready. However, using a couple of clues like the above, you could maybe paint a picture of who was likely the mole. But, again, in my opinion, that's what good players do in this game.

Last edited by MJ4H : 11-15-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:48 AM   #1519
MJ4H
Coordinator

For those that didn't want to download, here is the final reveal. Also, some of the audio synch problems are not present in this one. Compressing it did that. But that one skip in the execution segment is still there. Not sure what happened there, but I didn't really have time to fix it yesterday.

Last edited by MJ4H : 11-15-2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:56 AM   #1520
MJ4H
Coordinator

I attempted to embed a clue to the mole's identity in the Anagramazing video, but it was incredibly difficult. The swirling letter pattern was meant to align briefly and display the name of the mole. I could never make it work exactly, so I settled for almost. Additionally, in the theme of the mission, the name was scrambled.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:08 AM   #1521
Thomkal
Head Coach

I have to say thanks again to MJ4H for his great job hosting this game. Mole is my favorite game show, so winning it was a big thrill for me. Loved the videos, use of the Mole music etc.

So I'm curious how you looked at each mission for the Mole perspective Path? I think you did a good job especially since you weren't planning on being the Mole when the game started.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:11 AM   #1522
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
The trouble is that you don't really want the Mole to slip up too badly. If everyone knows who the mole is, quizzes come down to time. If people don't know the mole, but you do...big advantage.

very true.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:05 PM   #1523
MJ4H
Coordinator

Bump! I just read through this entire thread again (skipped a lot of the mission from hell, some of you may remember). This, coupled with a Mole marathon on Fox Reality Channel today has me really considering a season 2 of The FOFC Mole
Old 07-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #1524
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Bump! I just read through this entire thread again (skipped a lot of the mission from hell, some of you may remember). This, coupled with a Mole marathon on Fox Reality Channel today has me really considering a season 2 of The FOFC Mole

A second season would be great. Season one was one of my favorite things I've "done" on FOFC.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:12 PM   #1525
samifan24
Pro Starter

dola- Wow I just looked back through this thread: we played this game from August to November last year. I didn't realize it took so long!
Old 07-25-2009, 01:12 PM   #1526
MJ4H
Coordinator

90% of it was that one mission
Old 07-25-2009, 03:32 PM   #1527
Thomkal
Head Coach

Oooh I still get chills seeing that final execution video. I'm still waiting for my winner's check by the way.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #1528
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I LOVED watching this unfold, and I really can't stand reality TV or the actual show.

Would quite enjoy another season.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:31 PM   #1529
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I have to say thanks again to MJ4H for his great job hosting this game. Mole is my favorite game show, so winning it was a big thrill for me. Loved the videos, use of the Mole music etc.

So I'm curious how you looked at each mission for the Mole perspective Path? I think you did a good job especially since you weren't planning on being the Mole when the game started.

I didn't notice this until now, and I'd have to go back through the thread to remember.

I do remember that not having watched the show before I was probably more cautious then I would have been after playing the game. And I asked MJ4H LOTS of questions as I recall.

Other than that, I approached it as a bad guy in werewolf. That did help.

If there's another one, count me in.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #1530
MJ4H
Coordinator

Another bump. This really was a lot of fun. Sorry season 2 didn't work out. Might try it again some day. I'd like to play instead of host, too, but whatever.

No this is not a signup for season 2 take 2 invitation, just read through this whole thread again and realized how freaking fun it was.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #1531
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yes this was indeed fun, especially the part where I won the game. Sadly the video evidence of my win is lost to the ages. It realy was a great job on your part MJ4H.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #1532
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Interesting first time reading this thread, but have the images changed? I mean how could the teams have correctly guessed Pizza then Elephant? Great idea for a game though.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 09-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #1533
Butter
Coordinator

Yeah, those images are from Season 2 which died at some point in October '09. With me still in it. And not the mole.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #1534
britrock88
Pro Starter

Found this last night... finished it this morning. Even without the media, looks like it was a great game.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #1535
MJ4H
Coordinator

Bummer that I didn't save all the stuff from it
Old 11-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #1536
Thomkal
Head Coach

And yes still waiting for the winner's check.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #1537
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Along with GB's X-Com dynasties, these were some of the best lurking experiences at FOFC.

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs2 : 11-17-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Ronnie Dobbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #1538
MJ4H
Coordinator

If I knew I could have the participation I needed and had the time, I'd love to do it again. That last one was just a disaster. The first one I thought was heading that way, but it got turned around quickly and became *(@#$ awesome.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #1539
MIJB#19
Coordinator

I had fun playing in Season 2. It definately was a bummer that it didn't work out...
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote