Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Maybe he knocked himself out.

That would be a very odd choice.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #1502
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

interesting that as soon as I pointed out to mccollins and cronin where and when I said I went flightseeing they got really quiet
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #1503
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
That would be a very odd choice.

Not if he wanted to settle what would happen/didn't want a wolf to get ahold of em, which I believe was discussed.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #1504
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Not if he wanted to settle what would happen/didn't want a wolf to get ahold of em, which I believe was discussed.

I was being facetious, but you make a good point. It would be odd, but not out of the question.

That said, I think it's far more likely Pass is just not around right now (of course, being a little late back east), and he is keeping that item as a postentially useful tool.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:57 PM   #1505
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
interesting that as soon as I pointed out to mccollins and cronin where and when I said I went flightseeing they got really quiet

I think you are completely misunderstanding my intentions towards you.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 10:57 PM   #1506
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Do you think there is suspicion there? I really think they just missed it and you might be leaping to suspecting something more, although I understand it tiffed you off a bit.

For my own self, I remembered noting your post about the flightseeing, and I was surprised they didn't remember it (since it wasn't that long ago). I was going to post, but you quoted your post before I got the chance.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:59 PM   #1507
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

and what are your intentions?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:01 PM   #1508
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Having gotten into in-game heated discussions with each of you in the past, I think it should be noted that, as in most of those past disagreements, you are both likely villagers who are just reacting abit too strongly to each other's provocations.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:02 PM   #1509
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
and what are your intentions?

My intentions are to work WITH you to find a wolf. I tend to believe you are on my side, as I've posted.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 11:03 PM   #1510
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Having gotten into in-game heated discussions with each of you in the past, I think it should be noted that, as in most of those past disagreements, you are both likely villagers who are just reacting abit too strongly to each other's provocations.

I've not reacted to Lathum at all, dude. Barkeep was the one who torqued me off.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 11:03 PM   #1511
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
My intentions are to work WITH you to find a wolf. I tend to believe you are on my side, as I've posted.

well you certainly have a strange way of showing it
Old 04-10-2008, 11:05 PM   #1512
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
well you certainly have a strange way of showing it

What else do I need to say, other than "I think Lathum is probably a villager?" Like I said, I wasn't really paying attention to what you had said about your destination because I was mostly looking for people who had gone to the turtlefarm.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 11:06 PM   #1513
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Dude, it's midnight and I had already closed WW but couldn't resist checking one more time right now.

We asked you to help us find where you had previously said something and you did so. If you're looking for a thank you or something then: Thanks.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:09 PM   #1514
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Dude, it's midnight and I had already closed WW but couldn't resist checking one more time right now.

We asked you to help us find where you had previously said something and you did so. If you're looking for a thank you or something then: Thanks.

usualy when you ask someone a question and they are online you wait a few minutes for the answer
Old 04-10-2008, 11:09 PM   #1515
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've not reacted to Lathum at all, dude. Barkeep was the one who torqued me off.

Lathum's reactions to you (and my impression as an impartial observer) would seem to contradict this statement.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:10 PM   #1516
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

But, really, my main point is that I think you guys are both villagers, so if whether there is or is not any issues, I hope you guys also believe that and spend more time looking for actual wolves.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:12 PM   #1517
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
But, really, my main point is that I think you guys are both villagers, so if whether there is or is not any issues, I hope you guys also believe that and spend more time looking for actual wolves.

I was doing that and have been getting shit for it all night
Old 04-10-2008, 11:15 PM   #1518
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Lathum's reactions to you (and my impression as an impartial observer) would seem to contradict this statement.

*shrug*

I've posted who I am suspicious of. That is significant - whatever discussion is going on now is insignificant.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 11:16 PM   #1519
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was doing that and have been getting shit for it all night

Well, you had the misfortune that the guy you ended up going after turned out to be a villager. That can kinda discredit your efforts a bit. I also think you have been a bit combative tonight, if you don't mind my saying so (although I understand if you're bring attacked)--I think it is only leading to back-and-forth discussions that have sometimes spiraled downward a bit.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:18 PM   #1520
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm gonna get in an early, UTR vote since I'll be on a train tomorrow afternoon before the flyers game and I'm not sure how much I'll be able to access the forums. I imagine a good bit, but just in case: Vote KWhit
Old 04-10-2008, 11:18 PM   #1521
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
*shrug*

I've posted who I am suspicious of. That is significant - whatever discussion is going on now is insignificant.

Nothing wrong with posting suspect lists. Speaking of which, I need to generate one of my own and get a vote out before I leave for the night (and until past deadline tomorrow).

Old 04-10-2008, 11:18 PM   #1522
The Jackal
Coordinator

I meant to have that be on a different line, bah.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:20 PM   #1523
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Well, you had the misfortune that the guy you ended up going after turned out to be a villager. That can kinda discredit your efforts a bit. I also think you have been a bit combative tonight, if you don't mind my saying so (although I understand if you're bring attacked)--I think it is only leading to back-and-forth discussions that have sometimes spiraled downward a bit.

when am I not combative
Old 04-10-2008, 11:21 PM   #1524
st.cronin
General Manager

Jackal, I am thinking of voting for KWhit again too. I would like to wait to see if anybody has anything really convincing from the deadline, though.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 11:21 PM   #1525
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
when am I not combative

Old 04-10-2008, 11:23 PM   #1526
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Jackal, I am thinking of voting for KWhit again too. I would like to wait to see if anybody has anything really convincing from the deadline, though.

Fair enough, I'll likely be around if there's something very convincing.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:27 PM   #1527
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Actually, i find it interesting The Jackal voted for KWhit, but seemed to be setting oliegirl up when he was "setting the timeline" earlier with respect to their shopping trips. I thought he might vote for oliegirl, which actually fits my suspicions.

They are only suspicions, mostly gut feelings, so take them for what they're worth, but I feel that the outside issues olie is currently experiencing in her peronal life are unintentionally hiding her from more public view, where we might question more that she does seem to put down, almost word for word, the same thing The Jackal does with shopping, or that Sonic Youth expected her to know something about the incident he was questioned about it. Add that to the unfortunate "UTR" aspect of her situation, and it comes up a little fishy for me.

But I admit it's far from a smoking gun. I can think of cases to be made against most everyone (including myself, lol), were one so inclined. olie's just who's on my radar right now.

VOTE OLIEGIRL

Old 04-10-2008, 11:28 PM   #1528
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The point is - is it possible that claphamsa took it away and used it?

Only unless he's in the underground.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:29 PM   #1529
The Jackal
Coordinator

CR, I definitely want to see what Olie has to say, and I would certainly not be opposed to moving my vote onto her.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:29 PM   #1530
st.cronin
General Manager

Chief, I largely agree with that post. Which is why I'm waiting hopefully for somebody to produce a smoking gun. I think our best lead, honestly, is the sword which Anxiety had, and which appears to have been used on Raiders Army.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 11:36 PM   #1531
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief, I largely agree with that post. Which is why I'm waiting hopefully for somebody to produce a smoking gun. I think our best lead, honestly, is the sword which Anxiety had, and which appears to have been used on Raiders Army.

Good point (pun intended ).

I have considered that, too, but haven't yet followed up for two reasons: 1. I don't see Anxiety making such a boldly obvious move to gain trust like that, since he was only getting mild suspicion before anyway; and 2. not sure how we can follow up on the sword. Until we get more information, it feels like a dead end (yeah, pun intended there, too, someone shoot me).

But, certainly if we get more information on the sword, that would be ideal.

You were at the Turtle Farm, right? And Pass, too, I think. Were you actually told the sword was used on RA, or is this just a supposition we're making because the sword was taken from Anxiety and RA got his head cut off?

On that point, also, I would have to agree with Anxiety (I think it was him) when he wondered how the wolves could grab the sword in one spot and use it in another at the same deadline.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #1532
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
CR, I definitely want to see what Olie has to say, and I would certainly not be opposed to moving my vote onto her.

KWhit would be someone I would listen to arguments on, too. I am just hopeful that we can find a candidate with more than "UTR" attached to them, because when we get into votes like that, it really feels like we're grasping at straws for lack of a better option. Or at least that's how I have usually felt when I went with a candidate primarily for UTR reasons.

Unfortunately, I will be going to bed soon and my vote won't be able to be changed before deadline.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #1533
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
On that point, also, I would have to agree with Anxiety (I think it was him) when he wondered how the wolves could grab the sword in one spot and use it in another at the same deadline.

That was actually me. I can get you the post # if you want.

As to your other question, I don't know if the sword was used - but I do know Raiders Army was beheaded.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 11:39 PM   #1534
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That was actually me. I can get you the post # if you want.

As to your other question, I don't know if the sword was used - but I do know Raiders Army was beheaded.

Heh...well, good point then. Another curious aspect about tonight's kill and what Anxiety said.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:39 PM   #1535
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
KWhit would be someone I would listen to arguments on, too. I am just hopeful that we can find a candidate with more than "UTR" attached to them, because when we get into votes like that, it really feels like we're grasping at straws for lack of a better option. Or at least that's how I have usually felt when I went with a candidate primarily for UTR reasons.

Unfortunately, I will be going to bed soon and my vote won't be able to be changed before deadline.

In all honesty I don't have a real argument against him. One of those gut UTR votes, which I usually don't like, but without even knowing how many wolves there are/when people became wolves, it's tough right now. I guess Olie is right up there on my list until I can at least hear what she has to say.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:49 PM   #1536
path12
Coordinator

I'm still looking for someone to verify the rope story, or that ropes have even figured in their PM's. Everyone else who has been 'on the boat' have reported nothing of interest, watching TV or at the bar or whatever and no options.

Until somebody does, Lathum has for sure lied once about the drinking and being too hungover, and possibly again with this story which ended up with Swaggs being voted.

I can't see any way to not have him near the top of any suspect list until this is resolved.

We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes in this game. It is obviously not a kill a night type of game, and there have to be advantages that the wolves have that aren't in the open. Alan doesn't craft his games carelessly -- there is a finite limit to this game (turns to return to port). We could be in late midgame for all we know. And we haven't found a bad guy yet.

So my inclination is to vote for the guy who has done things that are provably suspect.

VOTE LATHUM
Old 04-10-2008, 11:51 PM   #1537
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Here's what I have for Day 4 excursions:

Shopping (unverifiable): Jackal, Anxiety
Stingrays (all saw each other): Path12, jeheinz72, Hoopsguy, mccollins, Chief Rum
Flightseeing (unverifiable): claphamsa, oliegirl (I think?), Sonic Youth, Qwikshot, and Lathum (like Cronin, I didn't have him listed anywhere before he recently stated)
Turtle (verified by having murder info?): Passacaglia, st. cronin, Raiders Army
Conch Shell House (explicitly 2 people, but I can't recall if they knew who the other was): ntndeacon, TazFTW

I don't have an excursion listed for (I could have just missed noting it down): Nfg22, KWhit

Post 1336 is where I said I saw ntndeacon at the shell shack
I voted for him last action
I don't think he was in on the Raiders Army attack
but it doesn't mean he's not in that faction

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:51 PM   #1538
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In all honesty I don't have a real argument against him. One of those gut UTR votes, which I usually don't like, but without even knowing how many wolves there are/when people became wolves, it's tough right now. I guess Olie is right up there on my list until I can at least hear what she has to say.

I don't mean to move you off of him. He might be as good a candidate as oliegirl. I am just a little aversive with UTR votes right now, because we feel like we should have more on our candidates by Day Four or whatever it is now. KWhit, path12, PurdueBrad, ntndeacon and Qwikshot are all players I would classify as doing little to arouse suspicion in my mind except for UTR, so I personally am not wild yet on votes for any of them. But that's just me.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:53 PM   #1539
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I'm still looking for someone to verify the rope story, or that ropes have even figured in their PM's. Everyone else who has been 'on the boat' have reported nothing of interest, watching TV or at the bar or whatever and no options.

Until somebody does, Lathum has for sure lied once about the drinking and being too hungover, and possibly again with this story which ended up with Swaggs being voted.

I can't see any way to not have him near the top of any suspect list until this is resolved.

We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes in this game. It is obviously not a kill a night type of game, and there have to be advantages that the wolves have that aren't in the open. Alan doesn't craft his games carelessly -- there is a finite limit to this game (turns to return to port). We could be in late midgame for all we know. And we haven't found a bad guy yet.

So my inclination is to vote for the guy who has done things that are provably suspect.

VOTE LATHUM

Heh...and even as I mention him in a lit of guys I feel a little "UTR-ish" about, here he posts.

(and, yes, without looking, I'll bet you have more game posts in this thread than me, too).

Old 04-10-2008, 11:54 PM   #1540
The Jackal
Coordinator

Thing is, hard to have lots of candidates when we're not even sure people became part of the underground until the last day or so.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:56 PM   #1541
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

right PAth.

because as a wolf I concoted this story from out of no where with about 20 people left in the game to get 1 villager voted off.

gimme a break
Old 04-10-2008, 11:56 PM   #1542
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thing is, hard to have lots of candidates when we're not even sure people became part of the underground until the last day or so.

Yeah, this game is challenging the conventional means of playing WW, and I think we're all struggling a bit re-interpreting the rules and our behaviors about certain actions.

Well, I'm out for the night. Hopefully I will be back around tomorrow night, and we'll know a little more about what's going on.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:57 PM   #1543
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
right PAth.

because as a wolf I concoted this story from out of no where with about 20 people left in the game to get 1 villager voted off.

gimme a break

Pretty crafty!

Old 04-10-2008, 11:58 PM   #1544
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Pretty crafty!

I'm a sneaky mofo
Old 04-11-2008, 12:03 AM   #1545
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm a sneaky mofo

Yes, you are. That's why my vote stays until the story is verified.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #1546
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Yes, you are. That's why my vote stays until the story is verified.

I doubt it will be since I fixed the problem but think about how insane your theory is
Old 04-11-2008, 12:16 AM   #1547
path12
Coordinator

Lathum, the more you protest the guiltier you sound to me. What can I say? You can't deny the facts I laid out. It's far from 'insane'. You're an excellent wolf, mainly because you can be unpredictable as hell.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:17 AM   #1548
path12
Coordinator

Damn it. I should have ended that last post with:

this ain't my first rodeo either, pal.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:33 AM   #1549
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
If you choose to pass the item to another player, you should specify in PM to me which player you wish to pass the item to and that action occurs immediately with no possibility of undoing it. The player who receives the item will be told what item they are given, along with whom passed it to them.

Alan T could have told claphamsa it was sent
before the deadline had arrive
I thereby Vote that claphamsa gent
for making Raiders Army not alive

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:59 AM   #1550
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
Alan T could have told claphamsa it was sent
before the deadline had arrive
I thereby Vote that claphamsa gent
for making Raiders Army not alive

According to my pm, the sword was taken by the underground, it never had a chance to get passed along.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote