Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #1501
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
It's such an odd game and it works beautifully.

Sounds like there have been legit improvements over the free version. I should totally be in for $10.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #1502
Grover
Pro Starter

Picked up Hammerwatch, a fun little pixelated D2 type game with far less skills to worry about, but tons of hack n slash fun. If anyone picks it up and wants to co-op let me know on Steam (Grover). Can play up to four players and there's four classes to choose from. Bam.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #1503
PilotMan
Head Coach

I've got an Awesomnaughts coupon for 66% off if anyone wants it. That would make the game about $3.33

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #1504
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Gone Home Review - IGN

Interesting concept.. anyone play this yet? More of just an exploration game than anything...
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #1505
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Gone Home Review - IGN

Interesting concept.. anyone play this yet? More of just an exploration game than anything...

Played it last night and thought it was fantastic. If you're hoping for anything other than story telling though exploration you'll be disappointed though.

Here's another review from Anthony Burch of Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin' and Borderlands 2.

Why I Like Gone Home | HAWP
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #1506
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Played it last night and thought it was fantastic. If you're hoping for anything other than story telling though exploration you'll be disappointed though.

Here's another review from Anthony Burch of Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin' and Borderlands 2.

Great, yet another game I'll probably buy but not play.
I picked up Two World 2 for 5 bucks yesterday. Should be interesting.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #1507
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yeah.. sounds like something I would like.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #1508
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Armada 2526 Gold has been a fantastic game.. very mild 4x game with not much micromanagement.. has eaten up many hours this weekend.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 08-26-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #1509
mckerney
Coordinator

Looks like Valve decided to up the rate of releases from Greenlight and gave the go ahead to 100 titles today.

Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: Greenlight
Old 08-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #1510
Thomkal
Head Coach

Don't have a link for you, but in celebration of the 1st year anniversary of the Greenlight program, they are offering 50 Greenlight games on sale, up to 75% off through Sept 2.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #1511
mckerney
Coordinator

Kentucky Route Zero at half of is a great deal.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #1512
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Eador. Masters of the broken world has taken my whole day today... and it's just Day 1 of my vacation.

They had a major patch on 7/23 to fix most of what I've read were issues.

$10 on Steam and I just played the heck out of it... kind of a M&M and King's bounty flair to it with some 4x to spice it up.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 08-29-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #1513
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Eador. Masters of the broken world has taken my whole day today... and it's just Day 1 of my vacation.

$10 on Steam and I just played the heck out of it... kind of a M&M and King's bounty flair to it with some 4x to spice it up.

Thanks for the update. I bought it, played it a bit, but failed to get into it. It was over taken by "Fallen Enchantress", which I got right around the same time and won out in that particular 4x fantasy duel.

I may have to re-visit it at some point.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #1514
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

Groupees

Eador is available in the current groupees bundle, $5 gets you steam keys for both eador games plus several other games.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #1515
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Groupees

Eador is available in the current groupees bundle, $5 gets you steam keys for both eador games plus several other games.

I saw that.. I just prefer the easy of clicking on my Steam account and purchasing.

Great deal though!
Old 08-29-2013, 04:40 PM   #1516
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Thanks for the update. I bought it, played it a bit, but failed to get into it. It was over taken by "Fallen Enchantress", which I got right around the same time and won out in that particular 4x fantasy duel.

I've played FE:LH quite a bit too.

I've been waiting on Eador since it was released with so many bugs.. they have patched it quite a bit, over 200 fixes I believe.

So far, it's engrossing and I love the combat. It's beautiful to boot.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #1517
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post

This is me as well.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #1518
Grover
Pro Starter

Picked up Bleed for $2.99 awesomely difficult platformer. Tons of fun.

Also got Papers, Please for $7.99. More fun in a different kind of way.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:18 PM   #1519
Izulde
Head Coach

Beyond dickpunch frustrating when you can't get a game to work through Steam despite trying every single damned solution you can find via Google search. It's like WTF did I even bother getting it?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:58 AM   #1520
Icy
Pro Starter

Miasmata in the greenlight offer seems like a good survival game, any of you played it?

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #1521
britrock88
Pro Starter

Oh, crap, that wraps up soon, doesn't it?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #1522
britrock88
Pro Starter

I did a brief look-over of what's on offer, and Anodyne, Fly'N, Incredipede, and Miasmata stuck out to me.

Edit: Just going to grab Fly'N now. Anodyne didn't hold up on second look. Ky Route 0 and Miasmata are wishlisted--would like to wait for more acts of Ky0, and Miasmata sounds as though it might be updated.

Last edited by britrock88 : 09-02-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #1523
mckerney
Coordinator

News - Steam Announces Family Sharing

Steam Announces Family Sharing
Press Releases - Valve 16:22
Coming Soon: Players who share computers can also share their Steam games

September 11, 2013 – Steam Family Sharing, a new service feature that allows close friends and family members to share their libraries of Steam games, is coming to Steam, a leading platform for the delivery and management of PC, Mac, and Linux games and software. The feature will become available next week, in limited beta on Steam.

Steam Family Sharing is designed for close friends and family members to play one another's Steam games while each earning their own Steam achievements and storing their own saves and application data to the Steam cloud. It's all enabled by authorizing a shared computer.

“Our customers have expressed a desire to share their digital games among friends and family members, just as current retail games, books, DVDs, and other physical media can be shared,” explained Anna Sweet of Valve. “Family Sharing was created in direct response to these user requests.”

Once a device is authorized, the lender's library of Steam games becomes available for others on the machine to access, download, and play. Though simultaneous usage of an account’s library is not allowed, the lender may always access and play his games at any time. If he decides to start playing when a friend is borrowing one of his games, the friend will be given a few minutes to either purchase the game or quit playing.

For more information about Steam Family Sharing and the beta program, please visit store.steampowered.com/sharing
Old 09-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #1524
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
News - Steam Announces Family Sharing

Steam Announces Family Sharing
Press Releases - Valve 16:22
Coming Soon: Players who share computers can also share their Steam games

September 11, 2013 – Steam Family Sharing, a new service feature that allows close friends and family members to share their libraries of Steam games, is coming to Steam, a leading platform for the delivery and management of PC, Mac, and Linux games and software. The feature will become available next week, in limited beta on Steam.

Steam Family Sharing is designed for close friends and family members to play one another's Steam games while each earning their own Steam achievements and storing their own saves and application data to the Steam cloud. It's all enabled by authorizing a shared computer.

“Our customers have expressed a desire to share their digital games among friends and family members, just as current retail games, books, DVDs, and other physical media can be shared,” explained Anna Sweet of Valve. “Family Sharing was created in direct response to these user requests.”

Once a device is authorized, the lender's library of Steam games becomes available for others on the machine to access, download, and play. Though simultaneous usage of an account’s library is not allowed, the lender may always access and play his games at any time. If he decides to start playing when a friend is borrowing one of his games, the friend will be given a few minutes to either purchase the game or quit playing.

For more information about Steam Family Sharing and the beta program, please visit store.steampowered.com/sharing
wow impressive
Old 09-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #1525
spleen1015
Coordinator

My Steam library just increased by 100 fold.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #1526
PilotMan
Head Coach

Damn my kids are going to be excited about this.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #1527
mckerney
Coordinator

Some of the important info from the family sharing page

I want to try this! How can I join the Family Sharing Beta?
To express interest in beta participation, join the Family Sharing Group on the Steam community. The Family Sharing beta will begin in mid-September, when a thousand Steam accounts from this group will be granted access to share their Steam libraries. You’ll know you’ve been selected when you receive an email from Steam inviting you to try out the new feature.

Is there a limit to the number of devices I can authorize to share my Library?
Yes. A Steam account may authorize Family Sharing on up to 10 devices at a given time.

Can I share specific games, or do I have to share my whole library?
Libraries are shared and borrowed in their entirety.

Can all Steam games be shared with friends and family?
No, due to technical limitations, some Steam games may be unavailable for sharing. For example, titles that require an additional third-party key, account, or subscription in order to play cannot be shared between accounts.

Can a friend and I share a library and both play at the same time?
No, a shared library may only be accessed by one user at a time.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #1528
bhlloy
Coordinator

Steam just gets it better than anybody else out there. This just leads to more people playing more games and presumably more sales because only one person on the account can be playing the game at one time. If I get hooked on a game but I can only play it when you aren't and you are playing it a lot, damn right in going to buy my own copy
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #1529
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm wondering what the catch is, are game publishers really ok with this? They should be, doesn't mean they are. Wouldn't be surprised if they can opt-out.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-11-2013 at 01:23 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #1530
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
BUT HOW CAN I STILL SELL MY USED GAMES AT GAMESTOP???

Oh, wait...
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #1531
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I'm wondering what the catch is, are game publishers really ok with this? They should be, doesn't mean they are. Wouldn't be surprised if they can opt-out.

Sounds like there's a definite opt out based on the penultimate question above. They can't really say "or uptight publishers who think we are giving their product away for free and want to squeeze every last dime out of you" but I imagine they probably fall into that category
Old 09-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #1532
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
BUT HOW CAN I STILL SELL MY USED GAMES AT GAMESTOP???

Oh, wait...

haha.. my first thought as well...
Old 09-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #1533
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

This is going to be huge for effectively "demo-ing" games that don't offer demos between friends.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #1534
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yup and that will lead to more sales. Very smart by steam and you've got to figure most developers will recognize that as well
Old 09-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #1535
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

well don't tell anyone, but I already share my library with my family
Old 09-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #1536
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

It is just a shame that if your family member or friend is using your library, you can't play. So even if they are playing a different game then you want to play you are still out of luck. Not the end of the world, but something to be aware of.
jaygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #1537
SackAttack
Head Coach

Interesting thing with Steam Family Sharing - and I wonder if this would have pertained to the Xbox One sharing also - if *anybody* is playing one game in a library, it freezes the rest of it out.

So if one person has 300 games in the library, but is playing, say, Civ V? None of the authorized computers from friends/family can play anything else he owns.

It's a really neat idea, but since it's basically only available to friends/family if the primary account holder isn't playing, I wonder how practical it'll ultimately be.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #1538
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Anyone want FTL? Have an extra key. PM me.

Edit: Claimed

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 09-12-2013 at 04:51 PM.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #1539
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygr View Post
It is just a shame that if your family member or friend is using your library, you can't play. So even if they are playing a different game then you want to play you are still out of luck. Not the end of the world, but something to be aware of.

Exactly. I'd love this for home - 3 networked PCs, each with their own Steam account. This would be gold if it allowed simultaneous access, I could buy games once and have them available on all 3 PCs. But family sharing is unlikely to help us really at all, we have too many instances of more than 1 computer playing at once.

They really mean this for sharing on a single computer, so that multiple PC accounts can have their own saves / achievements, the device sharing bit sounds like just part of their normal "allow access to an account from multiple PCs non-simultaneously" feature that comes with Steam by default.

That part is useful, but multiple family members with their own PCs can't REALLY share with this approach.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #1540
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Why am I a sucker for space game Alpha's?

Just purchased Starpoint Gemini 2.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #1541
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Exactly. I'd love this for home - 3 networked PCs, each with their own Steam account. This would be gold if it allowed simultaneous access, I could buy games once and have them available on all 3 PCs. But family sharing is unlikely to help us really at all, we have too many instances of more than 1 computer playing at once.

They really mean this for sharing on a single computer, so that multiple PC accounts can have their own saves / achievements, the device sharing bit sounds like just part of their normal "allow access to an account from multiple PCs non-simultaneously" feature that comes with Steam by default.

That part is useful, but multiple family members with their own PCs can't REALLY share with this approach.

yeah, I don't see how this is any different than how we do it now, where I share my login with my kids and if one of us is using Steam the other has to log off. none of us care about achievements so not sure why I'd care about this.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #1542
cuervo72
Head Coach

Mmm, I have a steam account and we now have a second one set up for my son. It would have been useful if, say, I was on my account playing CK2 and he wanted to get on his account to play Civ V, Terraria, or whatever (though in both of those cases we ended up buying multiple copies for MP, but pick some other game. Oh - Sims 3. There.)

Last edited by cuervo72 : 09-12-2013 at 11:59 AM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #1543
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
Anyone want FTL? Have an extra key. PM me.

Best left for someone who doesn't buy the current Humble Bundle. (I haven't decided yet.)
Old 09-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #1544
mckerney
Coordinator

The Steam Universe is Expanding in 2014

So it looks like Valve might be teasing some Steam Box stuff again.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #1545
mckerney
Coordinator

SteamOS

Quote:
Steam is coming to a new operating system
As we’ve been working on bringing Steam to the living room, we’ve come to the conclusion that the
environment best suited to delivering value to customers is an operating system built around Steam itself.
SteamOS combines the rock-solid architecture of Linux with a gaming experience built for the big screen.
It will be available soon as a free stand-alone operating system for living room machines.

Last edited by mckerney : 09-23-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #1546
Bobble
College Prospect

Knights of Pen and Paper

I see Knights of Pen and Paper is today's Cheap Thrill or whatever it's called. Opinions?
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #1547
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

Wonder if they've figured out video / monitor driver issues...
Old 09-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #1548
mckerney
Coordinator

After having a chance to read up on SteamOS, Valve says that there will be AAA games coming out that work natively on SteamOS while any Windows/Mac game can be streamed from another computer through a local network. Wonder how many devs they will be able to get to add SteamOS support to their older games.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #1549
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I see Knights of Pen and Paper is today's Cheap Thrill or whatever it's called. Opinions?

Loved the premise, played it about 20 minutes. I don't know if that's just because I'm pretty much over the turn-based JRPG type battle system or what.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #1550
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Re: Knights of Pen and Paper
I bought it on Android. I play it occasionally, but it's pretty much an assemble a team and take on monsters/mobs. You have a hand in picking which enemy you will fight and how many of them. However, each class is limited to about 4 skills and one you find a winning combination then you stick with it. So it gets pretty redundant after a while. Worth $3, yeah, I still play it on air plane rides.

Re: SteamOS
When DirectX came out I thought the best solution to gaming on PCs was to create a dedicated OS. It took a while, but it looks like it might finally happen.