Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #1501
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Not a huge list at this point seeing as how I've been unable to get much work done lately.

Fixes:
*When conference movement is turned on the team that moves should be the official conference champ as shown by the #1 seed in the conference tourney.
*Tweaked code that leads to teams holding for the last shot in the first half.
*Fixed conference tie breaker to properly use record vs highest ranked conference teams until tie is broken if head to head doesn't break the tie.
*Standings printout should no longer have "test" at the end of the header.
*Fixed the output for viewing players by conference for a specific season on the Recruiting rankings screen.
*Fixed a bug that caused starters to not reenter the lineup after halftime.

Changes:
*The preseason tourneys should be in alphabetical order on the preseason tourney screen.
*Added stats per 30 minutes to the depth chart, roster, and stats leaders screens
*Retired coaches will list current job as retired on coach records.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #1502
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

This is all good stuff...each release does not always have to be a monster update Nice job.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #1503
Comey
College Starter

Oddly enough, the player I described, the all-time leading scorer and rebounder in the Big East, former overall #1 recruit, four-year starter, John Screiner...went undrafted. I have no idea how this is, but I suspected something was up when he didn't declare after his junior season.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:09 PM   #1504
henry296
College Starter

My team is horrible on the road. Do you tweak your game plan in terms of pace, motion or pressure when you play on the road?
Old 03-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #1505
bryce
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
Not a huge list at this point seeing as how I've been unable to get much work done lately.

Fixes:
*When conference movement is turned on the team that moves should be the official conference champ as shown by the #1 seed in the conference tourney.
*Fixed conference tie breaker to properly use record vs highest ranked conference teams until tie is broken if head to head doesn't break the tie.
*Fixed the output for viewing players by conference for a specific season on the Recruiting rankings screen.

Changes:
*The preseason tourneys should be in alphabetical order on the preseason tourney screen.
*Added stats per 30 minutes to the depth chart, roster, and stats leaders screens

Can you post the link to the update? Or did I miss it somewhere? Thanks!
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #1506
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
Can you post the link to the update? Or did I miss it somewhere? Thanks!

Don't think it is out yet. HR was just responding to my inquiry on what the next update would contain.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #1507
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post
This is all good stuff...each release does not always have to be a monster update Nice job.

Ditto!
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #1508
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'll come up with some way of making it work for you...either modifiers in the FBCB file or a global modifier.

Cool! A couple days away from having a logo pack done for the D2 teams. I did mess around with the Prestige Ratings, by dividing them all by 3 and locking prestige I have gotten very good results. Its helping spread the players around a bit but still putting out very good teams.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #1509
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
My team is horrible on the road. Do you tweak your game plan in terms of pace, motion or pressure when you play on the road?

Depending on your team the best recipe for success on the road is a slower paced, high motion, lower defensive pressure type game. Keep the fouls low and your teams energy as high as possible. In any case playing on the road is tough in real life and on this game so HR has it nailed.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #1510
markprior22
High School Varsity

Glad to see this game getting some love lately. It know it's close to tournament time and that gets everyone more interested but it sure is a good game. Seems like Brian's gotten a second wind too....great all around.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #1511
britrock88
Pro Starter

On this weekend, of all weekends, I'm curious to see if there's room in the game to display teams' NCAA selection sheets for more in-depth information about their bubble statuses. Here's an example -- http://www.bbstate.com/schools/MICH/sheet .
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #1512
path12
Coordinator

I've had run-errors kill my demo game twice so far which took out like two hours of play. It has me reluctant to pull the trigger on this game. Is anyone having problems with that in the full version?
Old 03-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #1513
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I've had run-errors kill my demo game twice so far which took out like two hours of play. It has me reluctant to pull the trigger on this game. Is anyone having problems with that in the full version?

I have not seen a single runtime error with the full version yet. Maybe I am just lucky, but seems pretty stable to me.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #1514
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

I haven't had a single problem whenever I'm not trying to edit something and even then, no issues at all with RTEs, at least anything that's showstopped me from playing or whatever. Usually it's something I did editing or a weird click.

It's stable and extremely replayable.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #1515
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:

Any idea what sort of errors you encountered? It would allow me to let you know whether or not the error has been fixed since the last demo was posted.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #1516
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Any idea what sort of errors you encountered? It would allow me to let you know whether or not the error has been fixed since the last demo was posted.

I remember on the last one I had just come back from a web window and clicked on the hot seat button. I don't remember exactly what happened the first time but that was also a situation where I clicked one of the side tabs (though I remember thinking at the time that what I had clicked on was the wrong way to exit the screen I was in).

Sorry, not real helpful I know, but it was really just in the run of play and was surprising enough that I didn't capture more of the circumstances surrounding it.

EDIT: The demo version is 2.1.0.

Last edited by path12 : 03-12-2011 at 08:24 PM.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:35 PM   #1517
henry296
College Starter

Just got a RTE 365 - Unable to load context.

I have CPU set to handle scheduling, but after a couple of months, i decided to try to fill the last two open spots. I offered both games and then hit exit and got the RTE.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #1518
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

The error 365 is fixed for the next build. That was a weird one where there is nothing actually wrong with the code...VB is just doing something it isn't supposed to. I'll post what I've got done later tonight.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #1519
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

If possible I would like to be able to watch the tournament bracket fill in while simming. For instance, I am Manhatten now and have yet to make the NCAA tournament so I usually just sim until the end of the season. I think it would be neat to see the bracket fill in as the games are played when doing that.

Also, in the history page I would like if it saved the preseason top 25 and end of the season top 25. Its always interesting for me to see how the top 5-10 teams end up.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:10 AM   #1520
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v2120.exe

Extract the files to your install directory. When you start the game it should say version 2.1.20 in the bottom left corner after applying the update.

Version 2.1.20
Fixes:
*Fixed error 365 when opening a new window
*It is now possible to call a timeout for either team after a made basket.

Changes:
*Decreased starting talent for lower prestige teams in a new league.
*Added the option to decrease talent of incoming recruits using the FBCB.ini file. Add this to the file in order to make adjustments. The range is 0-2000 with 2000 being 100% better than normal and 0 being 0%.

[Recruits]
InsideScoring=1000
JumpShot=1000
FreeThrow=1000
ThreePoint=1000
Handling=1000
Passing=1000
Stealing=1000
Blocking=1000
PostDefense=1000
PerimeterDefense=1000
ORebounding=1000
DRebounding=1000
Old 03-13-2011, 12:17 AM   #1521
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Anyone have trouble launching the game in Windows 7? I bought the game this weekend, installed it on my laptop, but when I click on the shortcut or the file itself, I get a blue "launching" circle for a second, then nothing.

Tried this:
1. Reinstalling
2. Restarting
3. Removing startup programs from msconfig (all that is left is Boot Camp)

Trying to run the game on a Windows 7 partition on a fairly new MacBook Pro. Haven't had any troubles launching other programs yet.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:27 AM   #1522
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz View Post
Anyone have trouble launching the game in Windows 7? I bought the game this weekend, installed it on my laptop, but when I click on the shortcut or the file itself, I get a blue "launching" circle for a second, then nothing.

Tried this:
1. Reinstalling
2. Restarting

Trying to run the game on a Windows 7 partition on a fairly new MacBook Pro. Haven't had any troubles launching other programs yet.

Did you install as an administrator?
Old 03-13-2011, 12:31 AM   #1523
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Here's my standard list for this:

The first thing is make sure you are running the game as an administrator. If you right click on the game icon you should see the option. Then try is disabling any antivirus you have running when you try and open the game. Then try this:

1. Right-click on "My Computer"
2. Select "Properties"
3. Click on the "Advanced" Tab.
4. Click on the Performance "Settings" Button
5. Click on the "Data Execution Prevention" Tab
6. Verify that "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" is selected. If it is not, select that option and click "APPLY" and then try and run the game.

Note: Even if you see that option checked already, go ahead and uncheck and then recheck it to ensure that its activated!

7. If the problem persists, go back and select the other option "turn on DEP for all windows programs and services EXCEPT those I select" and ADD the following files:

"runservice.exe" Will be found in C:\Windows
"FBCB2010.exe" Normally found in C:\Program Files\GDS\Fast Break College Basketball 2010

9. Click APPLY then Reboot and then relaunch the game.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:31 AM   #1524
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Hummm...I have admin rights on the laptop and simply installed it once I was logged in. Wouldn't that do the trick, or am I missing a step in there somewhere?

(Thanks for the help, by the way.)

EDIT: Sweet! Thanks! The admin thing was the problem! I did this:

"If the program installs but does not run, right-click the program icon, click Properties, click the Compatibility tab, select the Run this program as an administrator check box, and then try to run the program."

Launched immediately! Thanks again!

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 03-13-2011 at 12:41 AM.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:10 AM   #1525
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Thanks for the patch!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #1526
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Thanks for the patch!

Agreed...keeps getting better and better. Even with just the small change of adding "retired" to the coach history screen makes it much better. Now you can easily see if any of the coaches are still active or not, instead of hunting it down by looking at the year and clicking on the coach. Well done!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #1527
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

Tried this:
1. Reinstalling
2. Restarting

The first time I have to run eLicense games as administrator on Win7 for the licensing to work, and then I can usually run fine without it. FBCB2 runs fine without administrator after that for me.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #1528
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Hummm...I have admin rights on the laptop and simply installed it once I was logged in. Wouldn't that do the trick, or am I missing a step in there somewhere?

(Thanks for the help, by the way.)

EDIT: Sweet! Thanks! The admin thing was the problem! I did this:

"If the program installs but does not run, right-click the program icon, click Properties, click the Compatibility tab, select the Run this program as an administrator check box, and then try to run the program."

Launched immediately! Thanks again!

Ever since I worked through the migration from XP to 7 last year, I learned to get in the habit of doing this with most programs (esp. games) and certainly with every installation/setup from CD or exe (even Windows stuff).
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:58 AM   #1529
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Thanks for the patch!

Perfect timing for me as was thinking of starting up a new game with a low prestige team.

And I love the 30 minute stats.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
Old 03-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #1530
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for the frequent updates Brian!

One thing I'd like to request is an update to the Help manual that gives a little bit of info about the physical attributes and how they relate to the game. The skill categories are pretty much self-explanatory (with the possible exception of the "INS" rating and how it relates to being able to create your own shot). But the physical attribute categories are a little less clear in terms of how they relate to the game.

For example, via reading a number of threads it's become clearer to me that "Quickness" is also a factor in the ability of a player to create his own shot. I would guess that it also plays a factor in perimeter defense and perhaps steals, and probably is a key rating if a player gets a steal in determining how likely he is to convert that steal into a high-percentage layup (or dunk if his "Jump" rating is high enough). I would guess that "Strength" helps players gain better position inside for higher percentage looks at the basket, and may also work in conjunction with the "ORB" and "DRB" ratings to get the player in better position for a rebound, but confirmation of that would be nice. It would also be good to know how much "Jump" affects various things - does it give a jumpshooter a boost? I would guess it can help a player's rebounding skills too.

Basically, it'd be helpful to know how much value to place on these attributes relative to the skill ratings of a player. Obviously they hold some value when you look at the pro prospects list - early entry guys are almost exclusively players with very high athletic ratings.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #1531
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
Thanks for the patch!

Perfect timing for me as was thinking of starting up a new game with a low prestige team.

And I love the 30 minute stats.

Dumb question. What is the purpose and benefit of 30 minute stats? I am sure there is one, but no idea. Thanks.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #1532
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I was going to ask that myself - why 30 minutes? Is it just an arbitrary number, or does it imply resting the player 10 minutes in a 40 min game?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #1533
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post
Dumb question. What is the purpose and benefit of 30 minute stats? I am sure there is one, but no idea. Thanks.

Thirty minutes is closer to what players actually play in a game. In truth, it could have been any standard, but I've seen 30 used as a standard in college stats more often than not.

40 minutes is unrealistic, IMO, because fatigue sets in and you get a false picture of what a player actually can do. By fatigue I am referring to the stamina rating in the game, in this game.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #1534
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Welp. I think it's time to start a new dynasty. I'll take the blame. Didn't save all season. In my 11th year as a coach I just took Villanova to my 2nd National Championship (miracle run in my 5th or so season with Ohio). As I hit end season, I think it was doing the conference movement. Runtime Error 9. Subscript something or another. I can't go back to that season.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #1535
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

dola-

forgot to mention. Newest version. The one posted up this page.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #1536
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'm still having problems with AVG and Fastbreak. It thinks the main .exe is a virus, and wont let me open the game. Will post more details when I'm at home.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:19 PM   #1537
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Here is version 2 of the D2 Mod.
  • Fixed conference names that were too long.
  • Fixed some spelling errors.
  • Added King (TN)
  • Changed logo names
  • Changed colors to match logos.
  • Changed the Disney Classic to 16 teams.
  • Lowered Conference Prestige Ratings to 2.
Also attached is a logos file, I'm very pleased with how this turned out. Timed to get back to playing.

One thing I've done that I really like, that is not included in these files, is divide the prestige ratings by 3 and lock ratings. Doing so, in a recent 55 year sim I had 31 different teams win the national title. One school, hadn't made the tournament for ten years then made it to the Final 4 three years in a row, then went back to mediocrity. Lowering the prestige ratings also keeps teams recruiting budgets low, so they recruit more locally.
Attached Files
File Type: zip D2 Logos V1.zip (889.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: zip D2 FBCB v2.zip (13.4 KB, 12 views)
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:50 PM   #1538
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Welp. I think it's time to start a new dynasty. I'll take the blame. Didn't save all season. In my 11th year as a coach I just took Villanova to my 2nd National Championship (miracle run in my 5th or so season with Ohio). As I hit end season, I think it was doing the conference movement. Runtime Error 9. Subscript something or another. I can't go back to that season.

Edit: Actually, this patch seems to have broken conference movement and will cause error 9 if it is used. Fix will be posted.

Last edited by HeavyReign : 03-14-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:00 AM   #1539
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Fix is up:

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v2121.exe
Old 03-14-2011, 12:10 PM   #1540
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I just picked up the game on Friday and am enjoying it so far even if I do find it really tough. I've basically just been simming games and doing recruiting. I have a potentially dumb question about job offers. Will you get a job offer if you're currently employed or do you have to resign first and then see if you get job offers? I played through six seasons with Jackson St. (admittedly, we weren't good) and didn't get any offers. I resigned after season 6 and noticed a job opening with a team 20 prestige points higher. I applied and the job was mine, but I don't think the job would have been offered to me if I had stayed at Jackson St. Is it easier to get job offers as an unemployed coach?
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #1541
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

[quote=HeavyReign;2438479Fixes:
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for another great update HR. I wonder why you added this though. A team can have far and away the best prestige in the conference, perhaps even be the #1 seed 4 years in a row, and then if they slip up and finish 2nd the year that promotion occurs, they miss out despite having a great prestige?

In real life, say the Big East really wanted Memphis, but they didn't win CUSA this year. That means the BE can't get them?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #1542
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
I just picked up the game on Friday and am enjoying it so far even if I do find it really tough. I've basically just been simming games and doing recruiting. I have a potentially dumb question about job offers. Will you get a job offer if you're currently employed or do you have to resign first and then see if you get job offers? I played through six seasons with Jackson St. (admittedly, we weren't good) and didn't get any offers. I resigned after season 6 and noticed a job opening with a team 20 prestige points higher. I applied and the job was mine, but I don't think the job would have been offered to me if I had stayed at Jackson St. Is it easier to get job offers as an unemployed coach?
I can't remember if there's a setting for job offers when you first start a career, but you should get e-mails informing you of job offers. However, you're unlikely to get (or simply can't get, not sure) job offers your first couple of years at a job, and thereafter you need to be doing reasonably well in your job to get offers, i.e. moving the prestige rating of your school up.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #1543
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
I can't remember if there's a setting for job offers when you first start a career, but you should get e-mails informing you of job offers. However, you're unlikely to get (or simply can't get, not sure) job offers your first couple of years at a job, and thereafter you need to be doing reasonably well in your job to get offers, i.e. moving the prestige rating of your school up.

Thanks dawgfan. That's what I thought. It just seemed a bit strange that I should be able to resign and suddenly jump into a job at a school with 20+ points better prestige. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things though...
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #1544
britrock88
Pro Starter

The CIT is getting goofy. It's inviting 24 teams and pairing first-round matchups. Once those end, the field will be reseeded, with 4 teams receiving byes to the QFs while 8 others play the 2nd round.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #1545
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I'm still having problems with AVG and Fastbreak. It thinks the main .exe is a virus, and wont let me open the game. Will post more details when I'm at home.

FYI the latest patch fixed this issue for me.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:12 PM   #1546
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
The CIT is getting goofy. It's inviting 24 teams and pairing first-round matchups. Once those end, the field will be reseeded, with 4 teams receiving byes to the QFs while 8 others play the 2nd round.

Sigh...
Old 03-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #1547
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
Thanks for another great update HR. I wonder why you added this though. A team can have far and away the best prestige in the conference, perhaps even be the #1 seed 4 years in a row, and then if they slip up and finish 2nd the year that promotion occurs, they miss out despite having a great prestige?

In real life, say the Big East really wanted Memphis, but they didn't win CUSA this year. That means the BE can't get them?

Nothing changed in that case. Using limited movement you always had to win your conference and have the required prestige.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #1548
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post

And the problem is?

2011 CollegeInsider.com Tournament - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Twelve teams will advance from the first round games. Of the twelve remaining teams, four will receive byes into the quarterfinals. RPI, strength of schedule, conference ranking and geographic location will determine the byes and seeding of the remaing twelve teams
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #1549
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Nothing changed in that case. Using limited movement you always had to win your conference and have the required prestige.

Oh. In that case, carry on!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #1550
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
FYI the latest patch fixed this issue for me.

That's odd. It brought the problem back for me, so I had to go back into AVG and redo making the FBCB.exe program an exception to ignore.