Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2014, 09:02 PM   #1501
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Sherman going apeshit has all the predictive elements of getting epically shown up in the Super Bowl.

Should be fun to watch him get destroyed and be so demoralized he's out of football in three years.

yeah, won't happen
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:02 PM   #1502
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
LOB is the Legion of Boom, a nickname for the secondary that started on one of the local radio shows.

That said, as a Seattle fan, I have *never* seen Sherman talk like that. He talks trash but unless I'm hugely misreading him, he was pissed. I'd be quite curious to know what Crabtree had said to set him off like that because I don't think I've ever seen anybody get under Sherman's skin like that. I'm not a big fan of his trash talk, but that was a totally different Sherman than his usual talk.

All I could find is that a reporter asked Crabtree if he thought Sherman was the best cornerback in the league and Crabtree said he didn't think so.

Crabtree Offers Opinion on Seattle Secondary
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:02 PM   #1503
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Sherman is crazy, but dont judge the whole team on one idiot. There are egomaniac morons on every team

Can we also judge them by their record setting pace for PED suspensions and the fact that their coach is the only coach in the NFC that could make me possibly consider rooting for a team with Harbaugh acting like a 12 year old on the sidelines?

Go Broncos! :P
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:03 PM   #1504
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sherman is crazy, but dont judge the whole team on one idiot. There are egomaniac morons on every team

If not Sherman, Carroll is enough to hate.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:04 PM   #1505
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

That game was won/lost as much as by home field as anything.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:05 PM   #1506
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Well, if he wanted attention leading up to the SB, Sherman got it. Meh. I agree. Seahawks seem to have some jerks up there, but all teams do. Wilson seems like a pretty good guy.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:06 PM   #1507
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
All I could find is that a reporter asked Crabtree if he thought Sherman was the best cornerback in the league and Crabtree said he didn't think so.

Crabtree Offers Opinion on Seattle Secondary

I would assume they may have exchanged some pleasantries during the game. That was well beyond anything I've ever seen out of Sherman, even accounting for the amount of adrenaline I'm sure was still going at that point.

It'd be pretty crazy to watch this game with all players mic'd up.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:07 PM   #1508
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
That game was won/lost as much as by home field as anything.

I don't think so. I think it came down to one young QB making one more big mistake than another young QB.

But then, I thought it was going to be a Patriots-Niners Super Bowl. So what do I know?
Old 01-19-2014, 09:09 PM   #1509
Travis
Pro Rookie

That all said, I really hope Bowman is okay. That made me ill to watch having gone through some pretty bad knee injuries myself.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:09 PM   #1510
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I wonder if the free play that turns into a TD happens in San Fran.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:10 PM   #1511
rowech
Pro Starter

Do these reporters actually get paid to ask such ridiculous questions?
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:11 PM   #1512
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Wilson seems like a pretty good guy.

+1

Seems like a really great kid* who approaches the game the right way. I hope he's got years of success ahead of him.
[*] I get to say that now that I'm in my 40's.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #1513
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
LOB is the Legion of Boom, a nickname for the secondary that started on one of the local radio shows.

That said, as a Seattle fan, I have *never* seen Sherman talk like that. He talks trash but unless I'm hugely misreading him, he was pissed. I'd be quite curious to know what Crabtree had said to set him off like that because I don't think I've ever seen anybody get under Sherman's skin like that. I'm not a big fan of his trash talk, but that was a totally different Sherman than his usual talk.

Thanks.

All I could find on Urban Dictionary was Load of Bollocks, which I was really hoping was what Sherman meant.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #1514
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

LOL

" Russel, you were the 6th QB taken in your draft, 63 picks after Brandon Weeden"

pretty uncalled for...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:15 PM   #1515
Drake
assmaster

Oh, give him a few minutes to cool down, and Sherman starts sounding like a kid who went to Stanford.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:16 PM   #1516
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:

Check this interview out.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #1517
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
LOL

" Russel, you were the 6th QB taken in your draft, 63 picks after Brandon Weeden"

pretty uncalled for...

...and Brandon Weeden, who thought he was just relaxing with a bit of playoff football on a Sunday, ends up crying himself to sleep. Nice job, Fox.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:18 PM   #1518
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Wilson seems like a pretty good guy.

+2. Love to see Wilson having success, hate that it's at the expense of my team.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:18 PM   #1519
sabotai
General Manager

I'll give anyone a pass for verbally slamming Skip Bayless, no matter how they do it.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #1520
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

I fear this 49er era will be considered another Bills. I just don't think Kaepernick is a player that will ever have good to great accuracy or ability to check off receivers. Eli and Flacco types win Super Bowls.

Last edited by AENeuman : 01-19-2014 at 09:24 PM.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #1521
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post

Oh, that one is cutting, but not the same type of anger. Sherman is a very well educated guy and is usually very well spoken, even if you don't agree with what he's saying. That post game one tonight, it seemed like he could hardly get the words out he was so angry.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #1522
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

That 2nd game was a great one. Sadly, the goodwill towards Seattle was ruined with the unclassy Sherman interview.

He treated that interview like he was a WWE heel.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:26 PM   #1523
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post
I fear this 49er era will be considered another Bills. I just don't think Kaepernick is a player that will ever have good to great accuracy or ability to check off receivers. Eli and Flacco types win Super Bowls.

I hate this line of thinking. He's played 32 games. That's two full seasons. Really hard to write the guy off so soon. I think his real problem is the not being able to get through all his progressions. He leaves WR (and backs in the flat) wide open all the time. But he makes ridiculous throws on a regular basis. With a little more time, he'll probably be fine.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:30 PM   #1524
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Kapernick on espn looking pretty dejected. Kids putting a lot of the blame on himself.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:35 PM   #1525
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

I don't think he says anything there that any normal person wouldn't want to say to Skip Bayless.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:39 PM   #1526
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Sherman is Sherman, but that interview was beyond anything I've seen out of him before. Have to think there was some serious shit-talking going on during the game, and they caught Sherman at an exceptionally emotional point.

Anyway, I hate that the Seahawks won with the help of a call that should have been overturned, and they tried pretty hard to fumble away their good fortune, but goddammit - Seattle is fucking due for another champion. 1978 is waaaaaaaaay too long ago.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:41 PM   #1527
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
I hate this line of thinking. He's played 32 games. That's two full seasons. Really hard to write the guy off so soon. I think his real problem is the not being able to get through all his progressions. He leaves WR (and backs in the flat) wide open all the time. But he makes ridiculous throws on a regular basis. With a little more time, he'll probably be fine.

He definitely has the pure physical skill to be one of the all-time greats at the position. But he has to get better at making reads, feeling pressure and making throws from the pocket.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:48 PM   #1528
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Sherman sounds like a completely different person here:

Richard Sherman - Student of the Game[HD]
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:49 PM   #1529
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I know I am spoiled with the 49er great qb's. Hard to see kap struggling at the things joe and Steve were so good at. But, my confidence is low that he will improve greatly in those two areas.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:54 PM   #1530
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Old 01-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #1531
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

My question is why was he using the "choke" signal? Werent Seattle the favs and at home?

And kicking a team after they are down on a loss that could have gone either way seemed pretty low. San Fran played their asses off and easily could have won. I hope Sherman remembers that down the road when he gets this back.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #1532
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:04 PM   #1533
sabotai
General Manager

That is amazing.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:21 PM   #1534
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

You find out who the real person is when he is stressed and emotional and not able to stop and control himself. Sherman is a piece of shit.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:25 PM   #1535
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

As much as I'm still bummed about the loss, that gif is fantastic.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:32 PM   #1536
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

My new favorite 49er whine from Facebook (friend of a friend, I do not know this person):

"It's crap, the refs and announcers threw the game for Seattle"

Which is awesome on so many levels, not the least of which is that Aikman and Buck actually seemed to do a good job of pointing out each time they thought the refs screwed up a call in Seattle's favor.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:34 PM   #1537
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Oh, god. Lighten up, people. I'm a miners fan and I'm fine with that interview. This is supposes to be entertaining. Having a heel raises the stakes.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:46 PM   #1538
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Oh, god. Lighten up, people. I'm a miners fan and I'm fine with that interview. This is supposes to be entertaining. Having a heel raises the stakes.

My opinion of Sherman has absolutely nothing to do with the Niners, and I'm going to guess that holds for others as well.

His attitude was deplorable no matter who he is or who he plays for.

If you think I'm being too sensitive, you're welcome to that opinion.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:17 PM   #1539
Buccaneer
Head Coach

And if you think that's what should pass for entertainment, then that is really sad.

I did not and have not seen the interview. I was going more off of him giving the choke and for taunting Crabtree when that's about the most unsportsmanlike thing you can do. But I guess that's cool with some people.

By the way, I agree with aeneuman. He will be the type of qb that will have to depend upon others and the defense to carry the team, which is possible.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:20 PM   #1540
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Player plays one of the most violent sports in the world in one of the biggest games in his career. He is tasked to hit other players as hard as he can and they are sometimes tasked to do the same to him. Then we expect them to turn that switch off 30 seconds later and give a calm and calculated interview.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:32 PM   #1541
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Player plays one of the most violent sports in the world in one of the biggest games in his career. He is tasked to hit other players as hard as he can and they are sometimes tasked to do the same to him. Then we expect them to turn that switch off 30 seconds later and give a calm and calculated interview.

Doesn't seem to be a problem for most other players.

Old 01-19-2014, 11:33 PM   #1542
Drake
assmaster

Most other professionals seem to do it...
Old 01-19-2014, 11:39 PM   #1543
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

He did more for his brand with the post game stuff than the interception ever would. Good or bad he made himself a big story for the next 2 weeks.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:56 PM   #1544
TroyF
Coordinator

Great player, classless player. Look, he can say and do what he wants, but I am glad he plays on a team I do not cheer for. I cannot cheer for players of his ilk. He is sensational and despite getting away with tons of pi and holds, he's still pretty damned special. When Trevathon acted like a punk, I states how much I hated it. I'm consistent at least.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:18 AM   #1545
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I just saw the interview - that was it?! Jeez, people. I was expecting something far, far worse than that. We just want overblown 'scandal' these days it seems.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:33 AM   #1546
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Yes, as a rule cornerbacks are always very civil and gracious gentlemen. WRs, too. For shame...
Old 01-20-2014, 12:40 AM   #1547
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Why you mad, bro?
Old 01-20-2014, 12:41 AM   #1548
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

The interview seemed worse live than it did watching it again for me. I think it was just really unexpected. I hated the choking sign and feeling the need to run over and slap Crabtree on the rear after the play far more. Implying that Kaep choked takes away the credit from the defense.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:47 AM   #1549
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

It'll be interesting to see who Sherman covers against Denver.

Sherman calling himself the best at his position, well that's just the arrogance coming out.

I'm surprised that no slipups came out during the interview.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:55 AM   #1550
sabotai
General Manager

I really hope we keep talking about Sherman for several more pages.