Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-11-2016, 10:54 AM   #15651
cuervo72
Head Coach

I didn't quite get why what was supposed to be hilarious when I read it as opposed to horrifying.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:27 AM   #15652
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I think I'm gonna need a Flere diagram of that for it to make sense
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:54 PM   #15653
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I'm totally in for #YeezySeason3... and I may even buy the freaking video game.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:02 PM   #15654
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
This really happened.

Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:32 AM   #15655
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I had to share this here for the headline alone:

Police: Man urinates in Walmart as he puts trout in pants
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:27 AM   #15656
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Took the dog into the vet yesterday for its rabies vaccine. Hopefully she doesn't catch autism.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:22 PM   #15657
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

If you thought you heard a string of (seemingly) random profanities on the wind today that was probably me.

Discovering that your mouth-breathing idiot insurance agent had fucked up for more than two years & you'd been paying for a car you no longer owned (since March 2014) will cause that sort of thing.

(We didn't notice 'cause that happened at the same time we added teenager to policy ... she failed to add him, but left a long-since-gone car on the premium. The total was essentially the same & the bills weren't itemized so nothing appeared amiss. Discovered today by our new agent who definitely got to know my vocabulary in great detail)
Old 02-12-2016, 06:16 PM   #15658
CraigSca
Pro Starter

You don't receive a yearly insurance card in the mail that lists the cars on your policy?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:24 PM   #15659
cuervo72
Head Coach

We print ours online. Actually, we can change our coverage online too.

(Of course we're still carrying a car we hardly ever drive...but then you don't carry much coverage on a 23yo Saturn.)
Old 02-12-2016, 11:08 PM   #15660
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
You don't receive a yearly insurance card in the mail that lists the cars on your policy?

If so no one in my house even notices them just tbh. Since all the insurance info went into a database in Georgia a few years back the sense of urgency about the cards pretty much vanished. You're unlikely to be dinged by cops for failure to show proof if they can bring it up in the database.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:34 AM   #15661
Suicane75
Coordinator

Just randomly looking at a map of the earth and I realize there are like, a bunch of seas I never knew existed. The Sargasso sea? How could I have never heard of that, it's right there.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:22 AM   #15662
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
If so no one in my house even notices them just tbh. Since all the insurance info went into a database in Georgia a few years back the sense of urgency about the cards pretty much vanished. You're unlikely to be dinged by cops for failure to show proof if they can bring it up in the database.

Because of the Info being in the database many insurance companies don't send out cards anymore. In fact I worked for one that stopped as soon as the new law went into effect.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:58 AM   #15663
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Just randomly looking at a map of the earth and I realize there are like, a bunch of seas I never knew existed. The Sargasso sea? How could I have never heard of that, it's right there.

Aside from the existence of a novel
that I never read, I doubt awareness would be even as high as it is.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:05 AM   #15664
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Aside from the existence of a novel
that I never read, I doubt awareness would be even as high as it is.

+1
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:22 PM   #15665
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
Because of the Info being in the database many insurance companies don't send out cards anymore. In fact I worked for one that stopped as soon as the new law went into effect.

geico just emails me new cards every 6 months.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:40 PM   #15666
cuervo72
Head Coach

There was an NC-17 movie made from the book, too.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:36 PM   #15667
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Anyone who makes a trailer for a movie trailer should die.

For example:

Old 02-15-2016, 07:13 PM   #15668
Suicane75
Coordinator

It's good to see David Crosbys ghost is still getting out and around town.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:24 PM   #15669
stevew
Hall Of Famer

How about having to watch a commercial before a trailer on YouTube. A trailer is a commercial
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:36 PM   #15670
timmae
College Starter

Katy Perry covergirl commercial... yes, please!!
Old 02-15-2016, 10:12 PM   #15671
Suicane75
Coordinator

Yeah, somethings gettin plumpified alright.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:21 AM   #15672
Suicane75
Coordinator

So I try to pretty much stay as far away from pop culture as possible, and outside of the front page of Yahoo I hardly get any news on that front, but over the past month I've heard tell of the dramatic weight loss of Adelle & Melissa McCarthy, and while I don't give a shit how fat or skinny each of them are, I can't for the life of me tell a noticeable difference in either of them.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:45 AM   #15673
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

If there ain't a special extra-hot corner of hell for whoever came up with Netgear "tech support" ... there oughta be.

What an enraging clusterfuck of an experience that was.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:18 PM   #15674
Warhammer
Pro Starter

There should be a special place in hell for bad managers...

A week and a half ago, my rep in NY calls me up on a project a contractor is ready to move on. The catch is the competition is trying to buy the job (my region's bookings were double last year of the single best year they have had in my area going back 10 years), we have until that evening to respond. I tell the rep based upon what he has told me, we should be able to take the job, but we need to figure out internally HOW we will do the job and I need my boss to sign off on it. I get my boss involved for special pricing and lay out what I want to do, he wants to play twenty questions and set up a conference call.

I call the rep the next day to set up the call, he tells me he took the job off the street, and we need to do it with parts instead of new equipment. My boss says we will not cut margin on parts, but won't special price the pumps without a call. He then leaves for a week and a day of vacation.

I sit on the project for a week, until the rep sends an email Friday with completely different numbers from what we originally discussed, but he does not have the order. I send a note correcting his version of events and numbers, copy my boss, etc. my boss sends out a note Saturday requesting a call for Monday. I talk to the rep, never hear from my boss. I send a price request to my boss, he sends a note asking if it is urgent, I tell him yes, rep has requested pricing that evening. Never hear anything back. Yesterday I was out of pocket all day in a bad cell area. Today we finally have the call, and my boss has the audacity to tell the rep, I could have had this done last week...

WTF mf'er, really? You are going to throw me under the bus when you held this thing up? You insecure mf'er...
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:11 AM   #15675
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That new Nashville Hot Chicken from KFC is disgusting. I can easily do spicy from Popeye's but the KFC sauce is probably twice as hot as it needs to be. It wasn't enjoyable at all. Within 1 bite I knew that a "ring of Fire" was imminent. It basically tastes like straight Cayenne pepper.

Last edited by stevew : 02-20-2016 at 06:14 AM.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:59 AM   #15676
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

And another year passes with me failing to secure a legally obtained Comic Con badge.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:30 PM   #15677
Alf
Pro Starter

Music rehearsal with the band is always a blast. I want more.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:17 PM   #15678
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The Frugal Traveler (@frugaltraveler) | Twitter

You know you have a bus trip to remember when you post "Update: The Bus is now on fire." and then "Update: The bus has exploded".
Old 02-21-2016, 03:23 PM   #15679
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Moccasin Creek countryraprock lead vocalist Jeff "Brahma Bull" McCool is not only the former UC Bearcat quarterback & a two-year veteran of Arena League Football but also the brother of former WWE Diva champ Michelle McCool.

Mind. Blown.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #15680
Alf
Pro Starter

We're looking at next year's options for my elder daughter re High School.

I'm old
Old 02-25-2016, 11:45 AM   #15681
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I have to cringe whenever a deceased friend's birthday comes up, and oblivious people post "happy birthday, hope you have a good one!" messages. I can understand ones where people post a remembrance, but the messages where people have no clue are really uncomfortable.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:59 PM   #15682
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ping Kodos: I'm grabbing a late dinner at In 'N Out in Fullerton...and I am surrounded by what is clearly the IU baseball team. Looks like they're grabbing some grub before they play a weekend series with CS Fullerton.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 03:07 AM   #15683
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Ping Kodos: I'm grabbing a late dinner at In 'N Out in Fullerton...and I am surrounded by what is clearly the IU baseball team. Looks like they're grabbing some grub before they play a weekend series with CS Fullerton.

And while Kodos may not care, I thought it was really interesting to see you post this just a few hours after I posted on social media about running into the Fresno State equestrian team at the Cookout restaurant here in Athens.

*Notable since they become the farthest distant visiting team I've bumped into since we've been here, replacing Southern Cal baseball by about a hundred miles if Google Maps is right.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 02-26-2016 at 03:07 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 03:42 AM   #15684
stevew
Hall Of Famer

There was a murder/suicide in our town and it's so weird to see that the pages of both the deceased and murderer were still up. The suicide was initially botched as it took the guy 3 weeks to die.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:03 AM   #15685
Easy Mac

Regretting purchasing my Moto 360. I didn't know that it was somewhat common (20-25%) where the back of the watch would crack where the watch bands attach. I purchased mine 4 months ago, but Motorola is showing my warranty as expired. I guess the watch was manufactured over a year ago. They're denying a warranty claim, unless I can produce a receipt showing when I purchased it. I purchased at a store, so I'm not entirely certain if I still have the receipt or if I can get a copy from the store.

What bugs me the most is, when I called support, he told me this is a known issue that and quoted me the numbers, but said that if I can't get the receipt, I either have to pay to have it repaired or I'm stuck with it. It seems wholly unfair that I would have to pay them money to fix a problem that is 100% their fault because they didn't design the product correctly.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:28 AM   #15686
digamma
Torchbearer

That sucks that your watch broke.

I hate to side with Big Watch here, but they sold their product with a warranty attached that it will remain in good working condition from the time of the purchase. If you can show you're within that time, they are happy to fix it.

It's not reasonable for us to expect every product last forever--thus the time period on warranties. Should it be longer? Maybe--and if that's important to the market, they'll either have to extend the warranty or lower the price.

It's also reasonable for companies to ask for some proof of purchase.

It's gross to defend Big Watch, but the ball is kind of in your court, as frustrating as that may be.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:39 AM   #15687
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I have to cringe whenever a deceased friend's birthday comes up, and oblivious people post "happy birthday, hope you have a good one!" messages. I can understand ones where people post a remembrance, but the messages where people have no clue are really uncomfortable.

Yeah, I had one like that on my Mom's page. It was really awkward. She's been dead for over a year now.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:42 AM   #15688
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Big Watch

I chuckled. Mostly because of the capital letters.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:42 AM   #15689
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

I'm not really a baseball guy, but the IU baseball team has enjoyed a lot of success recently. Hopefully they were doing good things and being good citizens.

Last edited by Kodos : 03-01-2016 at 08:43 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:55 AM   #15690
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I'm not really a baseball guy, but the IU baseball team has enjoyed a lot of success recently. Hopefully they were doing good things and being good citizens.

I'll never forgive IU for Eric Arnett. (JK, he just couldn't stay healthy. Brewers first round pick a few years back if you don't recall).
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:00 AM   #15691
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Regretting purchasing my Moto 360. I didn't know that it was somewhat common (20-25%) where the back of the watch would crack where the watch bands attach. I purchased mine 4 months ago, but Motorola is showing my warranty as expired. I guess the watch was manufactured over a year ago. They're denying a warranty claim, unless I can produce a receipt showing when I purchased it. I purchased at a store, so I'm not entirely certain if I still have the receipt or if I can get a copy from the store.

What bugs me the most is, when I called support, he told me this is a known issue that and quoted me the numbers, but said that if I can't get the receipt, I either have to pay to have it repaired or I'm stuck with it. It seems wholly unfair that I would have to pay them money to fix a problem that is 100% their fault because they didn't design the product correctly.

If you paid with a CC or debit card and can remember the store you bought it from a receipt is easy. The cc company will send ti to you OR you can look at your bill and it will give the merchant a transaction ID number and they can reprint it. We went through something similar a while back for my wife and I put off a resolution for a solid month because I feared the drama...bu the whole of the process was under 10 minutes including CC hold time.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:29 AM   #15692
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
I'll never forgive IU for Eric Arnett. (JK, he just couldn't stay healthy. Brewers first round pick a few years back if you don't recall).

I pay almost no attention, so no idea who he is. I just know they made the College World Series or something like that a couple of years ago. The only sports I follow are football and men's b-ball.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:17 PM   #15693
Suicane75
Coordinator

I don't want this to sound callous, but whoever this Joey Feek lady is, she's been on deaths door for like 6 months now and quite frankly I'm just... ya know?
Old 03-01-2016, 05:46 PM   #15694
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Oprah's "I LOVE BREAD!" Weight Watchers spot that plays every commercial break on Hulu is batshit insane
Old 03-01-2016, 05:47 PM   #15695
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Old 03-01-2016, 08:26 PM   #15696
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't want this to sound callous, but whoever this Joey Feek lady is, she's been on deaths door for like 6 months now and quite frankly I'm just... ya know?

It's not just you.

Trust me.

I haven't been this utterly sick of seeing something in my social media feeds since the kid was hit in the head by a falling tree/limb down here & people went nuts worrying every time he had a bowel movement while in a coma.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:03 PM   #15697
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I feel like the Jody lady has gotten about 1million times more publicity for dying than she ever did for living.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:16 PM   #15698
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I feel like the Jody lady has gotten about 1million times more publicity for dying than she ever did for living.

You're probably not far wrong.

Their biggest chart hit reached #21.

And I've already begun to anticipate a biography from the (eventual) widower, a TV movie of the story and perhaps a reality show where he's a single dad raising their child.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:31 PM   #15699
Suicane75
Coordinator

So she's not even particularly famous?
Old 03-01-2016, 09:36 PM   #15700
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So she's not even particularly famous?

Depends on how you define it I suppose.

They were a nice but faintly on the radar family act that came into mainstream country after several albums on bluegrass label Sugar Hill. Had one reasonably successful hit prior to her diagnosis.

They then had the #1 country & christian album in the same week late last year.

I'll let you do the math.

edit to add: And, look, it's awful that she's dying. And in rough fashion to boot. And I feel for them -- my wife's own cancer diagnosis was when Will was still in first grade -- I really do get the heartstrings & all.

But it sucks when anybody is in this situation, and it's far from unique. That it has become such a social media thing, almost a spectacle, is the combination of people just loving celebrities (even when they have to inflate that status) AND what I feel like is a very carefully managed marketing campaign.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-01-2016 at 09:39 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote