Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-16-2024, 03:49 PM   #1551
Danny
Head Coach

I agree. I think showing evidence it wasnt politically motivated or part of a conspiracy is important but other than that the motive could be many different things.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2024, 03:51 PM   #1552
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Vances views on abortion are downright draconian, going so far as to claim rape was an inconvenience.

The dems need to hammer that home.

He's already deleted stuff from his site that called for an abortion ban. This is also pretty damn extreme.

J.D. Vance Wants Police To Track People Who Have Abortions

Dems should he crushing him over this right now but they don't seem to really care. I know Joe can't do it but feel like Kamala going all over the media talking about this stuff would help. Although maybe the Biden campaign is scared she will get popular.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2024, 04:00 PM   #1553
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Dems should he crushing him over this right now but they don't seem to really care. I know Joe can't do it but feel like Kamala going all over the media talking about this stuff would help. Although maybe the Biden campaign is scared she will get popular.

They don't? What planet exactly do you live on? My timeline is full of Democrats including the President's twitter handle slamming this stuff over and over.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2024, 04:02 PM   #1554
GrantDawg

Like so:
Old 07-16-2024, 04:03 PM   #1555
GrantDawg

And so:
Old 07-16-2024, 04:03 PM   #1556
GrantDawg

I can give you 15 more, but I am not going to spam the message board.
Old 07-16-2024, 04:20 PM   #1557
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I don't really understand the need to know the motive. People are people, they do all kinds of things for various reasons, many of them illogical, many of them they don't even know the reason themselves and couldn't articulate it if they could.

Guy unfortunately made a bad and fatal life choice. Simple as, barring situations where there is a concrete reason to believe in a larger conspiracy.

Beyond the tribal political crap that uses it like a scoreboard, its because people like to have a "why?", and when there isn't one they tend to create one. I hope they do find something solid. Most likely those prone to conspiracy are never going to believe any evidence, but I think it helps settle some people down.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 07-16-2024 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-16-2024, 04:43 PM   #1558
Atocep
Coordinator

I think the Vance pick is as much about Trump selecting a potential MAGA heir as anything. He gets a 4 year tryout and the spotlight that comes with being VP. A more moderate pick simply wasn't going to be able to step up from VP and lead that wing of the party. It's doubtful anyone can but Vance has a leg up on everyone else now.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2024, 05:00 PM   #1559
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
They don't? What planet exactly do you live on? My timeline is full of Democrats including the President's twitter handle slamming this stuff over and over.

Has the President spoken about this anywhere? What about the Vice President? It's nice that a few politicians not running for President said something and that the intern running social media for Team Biden is on top of it, but I'm talking about the rest of the public who is not on Twitter.

Why not hold a press conference and talk about it? Or call in to any of the news outlets to discuss it? Change the narrative of the race.

This has irked me from the start. Like when Alabama banned IVF, I think Biden should have had a press conference to talk about it. Made a big deal about how they will work to protect IVF and pass a national bill that does so. And with Vance, I think you should have a press conference to discuss how Vance wants medical providers to share women's personal medical records. That as President, he will work to pass a bill that prevents that from happening and doesn't allow people like Vance to stalk women and what they do at the doctor.

That's an incredibly powerful message and the entire campaign should be centered around it. These people not only want to control your body, but they want full access to your medical records. Heck, it's a great retort when being asked for his own medical records. The GOP is terrified of these issues and it would be nice if the people trying to win an election played a little offense.
Old 07-16-2024, 05:16 PM   #1560
GrantDawg

"Has the President spoken about this anywhere?"

Yes, in a nationally televised interview with Lester Holt. You don't pay attention to what he says, then critize him while he saying exactly what you want. He has spoken several times about IVF as well.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2024, 05:38 PM   #1561
GrantDawg

See, there are plenty of things to actually criticize Biden about. Like this. This would have been a great idea 4 years ago when everyone was clamoring for it and he was not interested. You can say better late than never, but too late is too late.

https://x.com/michaelscherer/status/...BZRf-HLZA&s=19

Old 07-16-2024, 05:50 PM   #1562
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Both require Constitutional Amendments and red states will not support as long as they control SCOTUS.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2024, 06:11 PM   #1563
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
"Has the President spoken about this anywhere?"

Yes, in a nationally televised interview with Lester Holt. You don't pay attention to what he says, then critize him while he saying exactly what you want. He has spoken several times about IVF as well.

He mentioned the word abortion one time in a list of policies that he said Vance shared the same views with Trump on. It was literally 2 seconds of a 20 minute interview. The absolute bare minimum. Didn't mention Vance calling for a national abortion ban, didn't mention his creepy medical records ploy, didn't mention he voted against IVF access. Then let the conversation shift to debates.

Like if you think that's "talking about abortion" and making it a big deal, I don't know what to tell you.
Old 07-16-2024, 06:36 PM   #1564
GrantDawg

I think making it a part of a nationally televised interview, then having a full court press in every media platform is a big deal. That is as heavy as it gets. You down play it because "Biden bad" is your one note. If he had "Vance is Anti Abortion" tattooed to his head, you would complain about the font.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 07-16-2024 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-16-2024, 06:40 PM   #1565
GrantDawg

US President Joe Biden's campaign On Monday slammed Donald Trump's vice-presidential pick, JD Vance, calling him a "far-right MAGA extremist" and a "2020 election denier."
"Vance is a 2020 election denier, supports a national abortion ban, and voted against IVF access," said the Biden campaign."
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...tions-for-ivf/

Old 07-16-2024, 06:42 PM   #1566
GrantDawg

They are literally doing everything you are claiming they are not.

Old 07-16-2024, 06:43 PM   #1567
GrantDawg

https://x.com/BidenHQ/status/1813309...yrSnT5Vrg&s=19

Old 07-16-2024, 06:53 PM   #1568
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think making it a part of a nationally televised interview, then hqving a full court press in every media platform is a big deal. That is as heavy as it gets. You down play it because "Biden bad" is your one note. If he had "Vance is Anti Abortion" tattooed to his head, you would complain about the font.

Did you watch the interview? He mentioned it 1 time in passing while listing other things Vance supported.

Abortion is currently the only issue the Democrats have going for them. He should have it tattooed on his forehead. He should turn every question into it. All the Senate candidates currently winning are doing this.

"Mr. President, Donald Trump has said you should take a cognitive test and share with the public."

"I'm sure he has. Him and his VP are obsessed with our bodies. Did you know his running mate has demanded that medical providers turn over private health records to police? They not only want to control what you do with your body, but are demanding to know what happens in the privacy of an exam room. So I'm not surprised that the man who demands to know what your wife and daughter is discussing with their doctor would like access to everyone's medical files. And as President, I will pass a law that makes it illegal for medical providers to share your private health records with law enforcement or politicians like Donald Trump."
Old 07-16-2024, 07:09 PM   #1569
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They are literally doing everything you are claiming they are not.

No one gives a shit about some typed up press release from the White House website. He needs to be on TV giving interviews about this very topic. He needs to be holding rallies where this is all he talks about. He needs to be running ads where this is all they talk about.

Go back to 2012 and see how Obama handled Romney. Every single time Romney would fuck up or say something bad, Obama was on TV that night giving an interview to some media outlet going for the throat. He was calling into small radio stations in every swing state. He went on Ryan Seacrest and had Chris Berman interview him on ESPN. He was doing local television spots on goofy morning shows.

Maybe it's been too long for Democrats to remember but Obama was fucking ruthless on the trail.
Old 07-16-2024, 07:10 PM   #1570
GrantDawg

https://x.com/KamalaHarris/status/18...Vc9_49I3g&s=19

Old 07-16-2024, 07:11 PM   #1571
GrantDawg

You mean like this..
https://x.com/acnewsitics/status/181...OnoedHLIQ&s=19

Old 07-16-2024, 07:15 PM   #1572
GrantDawg

Biden literally does that all the time as well.

Old 07-16-2024, 07:31 PM   #1573
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You mean like this..
x.com

Yeah he really nailed that speech today. Can't figure out why he's losing by so much.

Old 07-16-2024, 07:36 PM   #1574
GrantDawg

I'm not saying he isn't too old. I'm saying he is doing exactly what you say he should. The problem is the press doesn't cover anything he does unless it is a gaffe.

Old 07-16-2024, 07:38 PM   #1575
PilotMan
Head Coach

I feel like that scene from "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" where the son of the governor, who is trailing big time in the polls to the progressive, says that "we need to get our own midget!"

You just know that somewhere someone suggested that we get our own assassination attempt to sway the masses.

Always some 'Johnny come late-lies" out there.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 07-16-2024 at 07:39 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2024, 08:11 PM   #1576
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm not saying he isn't too old. I'm saying he is doing exactly what you say he should. The problem is the press doesn't cover anything he does unless it is a gaffe.

I agree. I think the messaging is about the best they can do with an 81 year old generally unpopular candidate.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2024, 08:42 AM   #1577
cuervo72
Head Coach

Old 07-17-2024, 10:25 AM   #1578
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Libs of Tik Tok is doxxing people who mocked Trumps assassination and getting them fired from their jobs.

Tell me more about cancel culture and freedom of speech....
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2024, 10:29 AM   #1579
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Just got an alert that an AP-NORC poll shows 2/3s of Dems want Biden to drop out. And that, of course, doesn't even count the Independents or "Haley GOPers" (probably a misnomer but I think people know who I'm talking about) who would consider or want to vote Dem but would prefer a different candidate.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2024, 10:37 AM   #1580
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Wait, so Republicans who hate Trump would be more likely to vote for a competent, likely more liberal Democrat who could actually get legislation passed that they disagree with than vote for the current candidate who is less likely to get progressive legislation passed? That seems counterintuitive.

If the reason they're not voting for Trump is because he's too dangerous, the who on the other side shouldn't matter unless they're more dangerous.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2024, 10:38 AM   #1581
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I think JD Vance wears a beard because otherwise his chin looks like it's made of sugar glass.
Old 07-17-2024, 10:46 AM   #1582
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
Wait, so Republicans who hate Trump would be more likely to vote for a competent, likely more liberal Democrat who could actually get legislation passed that they disagree with than vote for the current candidate who is less likely to get progressive legislation passed? That seems counterintuitive.

If the reason they're not voting for Trump is because he's too dangerous, the who on the other side shouldn't matter unless they're more dangerous.

I don't think that's the way many of them look at it. They are tired of Trump or somewhat concerned about what a second term will look like, but they need a better excuse (candidate) to betray their party for. And that's really what it is - it's the pressure of feeling a betrayal of, in a lot of cases, a lifelong allegiance. And I'm not saying Kamala Harris is that person because she's definitely going to be considered more progressive than Biden (I think), but Biden's clear mental decline is the excuse to hold their noses and vote for the candidate they don't like but aligns with their political views. By and large, the anti-Trump GOPers I've talked to aren't NeverTrumpers - they care about the economic boon they will likely get from the GOP being in power, no matter who the president is - and they downplay the extent to which Trump could "dismantle democracy" and/or "both sides" the issue.

My brother, a doctor who is one of the smartest people I know, is either not voting or voting for RFK in a purple state (NC) not because he thinks RFK is sane or likes any of his policies, but because he thinks causing gridlock in DC is a better outcome than allowing either party to get what they want.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-17-2024 at 11:02 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2024, 11:22 AM   #1583
cuervo72
Head Coach

How does voting for RFK ensure gridlock?
Old 07-17-2024, 11:26 AM   #1584
thesloppy
Pro Starter

He and his brainworm often have opposing opinions.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2024, 11:41 AM   #1585
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

That red wave we all feared in 2022 is coming this year.
Old 07-17-2024, 11:53 AM   #1586
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Democratic Senate candidates are doing incredibly well in the polls as well as House reps. Biden can drag a lot of candidates down with him but there are still some big leads in those states. Trump and Republicans are still unpopular.
Old 07-17-2024, 11:55 AM   #1587
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Democratic Senate candidates are doing incredibly well in the polls as well as House reps. Biden can drag a lot of candidates down with him but there are still some big leads in those states. Trump and Republicans are still unpopular.

I think as Biden continues to fuck up he is going to wreck turnout. There is literally nothing he can do to make people excited to vote for him.
Old 07-17-2024, 11:56 AM   #1588
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Dola

With the RNC going on I am hearing a lot of interviews with reps talking about how rough things are under Biden for the average family and how Trump will make it better but they never say how he will make it better.
Old 07-17-2024, 12:03 PM   #1589
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

He just gave an interview outlining his economic plan. Tax cuts, protectionism, cutting interest rates is the plan in a nutshell.

Trump Interview: His Plan for Taxes, Tariffs, Jerome Powell, More
Old 07-17-2024, 12:16 PM   #1590
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Libs of Tik Tok is doxxing people who mocked Trumps assassination and getting them fired from their jobs.

Tell me more about cancel culture and freedom of speech....

Space Karen himself tagged the government acount of the german chancellor over a German (mostly) online comedian, who among other things has a 2 hours a month slot at a regional public funded broadcaster, who compared Trump getting shot with the feeling of narrowly missing a bus.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 07-17-2024 at 12:17 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2024, 01:22 PM   #1591
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Oh Giuliani, how far you have fallen

Old 07-17-2024, 01:30 PM   #1592
GrantDawg

This is the most embarrassing thing at a RNC since Clint Eastwood talked to a chair.
Old 07-17-2024, 01:32 PM   #1593
Atocep
Coordinator

You have to admit, the GOP loves their D-list celebrities and rappers.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2024, 01:43 PM   #1594
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Adam Schiff calls for Biden to step down. Unless I’m missing someone he’s the most prominent lawmaker to call for this.
Old 07-17-2024, 01:57 PM   #1595
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Shouldn't they be calling for him to step down as President, not just the ticket? Seems they're more worried about their jobs than the country as a whole.
Old 07-17-2024, 02:17 PM   #1596
HerRealName
College Prospect

This morning a coworker was going on and on about how Republican God saved Trump and I wanted to ask why Republican God sacrificed that fireman but I probably would have ended up canceled myself.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2024, 02:19 PM   #1597
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
Shouldn't they be calling for him to step down as President, not just the ticket? Seems they're more worried about their jobs than the country as a whole.

I don't think so. Running for President is all about the next 4 years. Calling for him to step down from running doesn't mean he's currently incompetent, it's a recognition that aging isn't going to stop at Inauguration.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2024, 02:39 PM   #1598
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
This morning a coworker was going on and on about how Republican God saved Trump and I wanted to ask why Republican God sacrificed that fireman but I probably would have ended up canceled myself.

I have had the same compulsion. Why didn't God stop the guy from ever firing the gun in the first place? God hates firefighters, but loves serial adulterers?
Old 07-17-2024, 02:41 PM   #1599
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
I have had the same compulsion. Why didn't God stop the guy from ever firing the gun in the first place? God hates firefighters, but loves serial adulterers?

We all saw 9/11
Old 07-17-2024, 02:42 PM   #1600
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I guess he took the day off at Uvalde too.