Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-12-2007, 09:43 PM   #1551
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
See the WW ethics thread. I never lie about RL availability and have a long history of stating how I'm at work on Thursday nights.

I've read that thread and so I'm tempted to believe you. It certainly woudl piss me off to no end for it to be a lie after you've said this. I don't know you, so I'll presume you're not lying.

I find it straining the capacity of my brain cells though to think that at this point in the game any consul would not submit a provisional order early in the day. We have had some excuse every single day for not making two arrests. It's looking like we're going to have to chalk this game up to bumbling moves and missing players.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:43 PM   #1552
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Didn't learn your lesson from my Necromancer game, eh?

Although have we got anything that 100% validates that the "senators" are not Tarqs? I'm certainly working under that assumption. Did your PM make it absolutely clear that you murdered a Roman and not a Tarq?

I didn't get a PM of any sort about it. So it's theoretically possible that I got a Tarq, I really don't know.

And dammit, the Necro game I second guessed myself and blew it. This time I didn't second guess myself...and possibly blew it.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:45 PM   #1553
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I'd buy this tactic even more if I didn't already suspect Neon. There seems to be no doubt that the traitors are killing off lawyers to get control of them. It's possible they have both slots now, if so, we're in trouble.
Can you explain why you think Neon is a bad guy? You mentioned it earlier and again now.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:46 PM   #1554
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
We do?!?!?

What did I miss?

Ironus Headus posted that he had the services of the philosopher, and described them. It sounds like you send the philosopher to another member to "convince them of your views." Schmidtyus thought this was a means of vouching for yourself and so sent him to Hoopyus.

I'm presuming it has no effect in the hands of a loyal Senator, but in the hands of a traitor would make a conversion.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:47 PM   #1555
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I've read that thread and so I'm tempted to believe you. It certainly woudl piss me off to no end for it to be a lie after you've said this. I don't know you, so I'll presume you're not lying.

I find it straining the capacity of my brain cells though to think that at this point in the game any consul would not submit a provisional order early in the day. We have had some excuse every single day for not making two arrests. It's looking like we're going to have to chalk this game up to bumbling moves and missing players.
Are you joking? After yesterday the last thing I wanted to do was send in a provisional order early in the day. The library I work at has triple T3s, from two different providers. The fact that we were off the internet means that there is some kind of major problem. In frankly never occurred to me that I wouldn't be online tonight.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:47 PM   #1556
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
It is a PM vote.

My point was why in the world would I tell everyone that I was gonna vote for LSG and then not do it. And yet LSG gets arrested anyway.

Doesn't make sense...

But it IS a PM arrest (just to be clear).

Man, if you are a Tarquin, and let's say Barkeep voted for LSG and you simply didn't vote, yet claimed you did, it would make perfect sense. However Barkeep says that he missed his vote so that throws that theory in the toilet. That is why I was hot and bothered by the last vote. I didn't know who was telling the truth. Because you could post one thing and decide not to do anything or even vote for the same person. Vote throwing in my conspiratorial 2 cents.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:51 PM   #1557
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Ironus Headus posted that he had the services of the philosopher, and described them. It sounds like you send the philosopher to another member to "convince them of your views." Schmidtyus thought this was a means of vouching for yourself and so sent him to Hoopyus.

I'm presuming it has no effect in the hands of a loyal Senator, but in the hands of a traitor would make a conversion.

I read what Schmidty and Hoops said about it, but I didn't reach the same conclusions you did.

Hmmmm..... I don't know if that's what that means or not.... Other opinions?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:55 PM   #1558
Autumn
Head Coach

So far it seems to me we've cleared a number of people through scans, and that's about all we've accomplished. One of those is dead by poison, we've executed two people we are fairly sure were innocent, another person is dead by poison and therefore presumably was loyal. Two are dead by sword. One we presume to be loyal since no loyal Senator claimed credit, the other one is in dispute.

Meanwhile we have not managed to kill a traitor, or even identify one. I find it likely that at least one major role has been snagged by a traitor, and that the traitors have possibly risen in the wealth ratings while we stumbled around.

I also suspect we've arrested an innocent Senator yet again, and therefore have little likelihood of making a kill tomorrow.

I can only wait and see what other services people won and used. And hope that if one of the Loyal Senators purchased the sellsword's service, that they use it on one of the presumed traitors as things become clear.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:00 PM   #1559
hoopsguy
General Manager

Let me try to give more detail about Senna without a direct quote.

Senna was writing a book and wanted to get my views on the Republic. I did not find him to be particularly engaging and we ended our conversation.

I'm going to be extremely concerned if there is a regular (every other day or more?) option for him to convert.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:00 PM   #1560
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Are you joking? After yesterday the last thing I wanted to do was send in a provisional order early in the day. The library I work at has triple T3s, from two different providers. The fact that we were off the internet means that there is some kind of major problem. In frankly never occurred to me that I wouldn't be online tonight.

Joking? We've missed arrests every day for one reason or another. I would think that ultra extreme caution would be utilized. Future consuls - please send in a provisional (not a conditional) arrest order immediately!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:02 PM   #1561
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Senna was writing a book and wanted to get my views on the Republic. I did not find him to be particularly engaging and we ended our conversation.

How strange. That is very vague.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:02 PM   #1562
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

I'm going to be extremely concerned if there is a regular (every other day or more?) option for him to convert.

Hmm, not very clear. Ironhead, can we get a description from you again?

And can the lawyers confirm that they got no report on the loyalty of Saldanus?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:06 PM   #1563
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I'd buy this tactic even more if I didn't already suspect Neon. There seems to be no doubt that the traitors are killing off lawyers to get control of them. It's possible they have both slots now, if so, we're in trouble.

Totally agree about the whole suspicion on N_C thing

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:10 PM   #1564
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well, the answer to who got Macro will come into play tomorrow, not with the results we just saw.

If Pass bid on Macro and didn't get him, wouldn't it have to be one of these people (higher or same wealth bracket?)

Abeus Anxietus
Dodeus Erchickus
Kayus Whitus
Coffeeus Yakus Warlordus
Ironus Headus
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:13 PM   #1565
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
If Pass bid on Macro and didn't get him, wouldn't it have to be one of these people (higher or same wealth bracket?)

Abeus Anxietus
Dodeus Erchickus
Kayus Whitus
Coffeeus Yakus Warlordus
Ironus Headus

Depends on the timing of the suits versus services. At the time the bids were placed only Dodeus Erchickus would have been ahead. ImTheCrew was in the pokey and couldn't place a vote. And Pass had just moved up the list, which makes it unlikely to me that he elevated beyond DC when neither was heavily invested in lawsuits on Day 3.

If the suits are processed prior to purchasing services, then the list you provided would be in play.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:15 PM   #1566
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Depends on the timing of the suits versus services. At the time the bids were placed only Dodeus Erchickus would have been ahead. ImTheCrew was in the pokey and couldn't place a vote. And Pass had just moved up the list, which makes it unlikely to me that he elevated beyond DC when neither was heavily invested in lawsuits on Day 3.

If the suits are processed prior to purchasing services, then the list you provided would be in play.

But I don't understand Pass's explanation. Why did he receive Maximus? Did he make a mistake in his PM? Is there some hidden mechanic at play?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:15 PM   #1567
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I placed a bid on the first legionnaire on teh list. Don't remember his name because I sent my bid in before stcronin chnaged the list, but I told him I wanted the top, first legionnaire, whoever it was. I failed. So someone above me got him.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:16 PM   #1568
Autumn
Head Coach

Not to mention it's perfectly possible he's lying to cover up a plan to use the sellsword to kill a loyal Senator today.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:17 PM   #1569
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Depends on the timing of the suits versus services. At the time the bids were placed only Dodeus Erchickus would have been ahead.

So, Dodeus Erchickus has the bid of Macro then?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 04-12-2007, 10:21 PM   #1570
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Not to mention it's perfectly possible he's lying to cover up a plan to use the sellsword to kill a loyal Senator today.

Which is what I'm wondering what is up. If he is that high on the list, there are only a few people that could have Macro which, I'm assuming is some type of killer? But, instead, he has a Legionnaire which, I'm assuming, is some type of bodyguard?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:21 PM   #1571
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yeah, I am totally lost when I read his post talking about Furio/Macro/Maximus.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:23 PM   #1572
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Which is what I'm wondering what is up. If he is that high on the list, there are only a few people that could have Macro which, I'm assuming is some type of killer? But, instead, he has a Legionnaire which, I'm assuming, is some type of bodyguard?

Yes, it's not clear until he writes in again. If he had been outbid, he should have received nothing. So either there was some confusion between he and St.Cronin, he's making this all up to confuse us, or there's some game mechanic coming up that we have not yet seen.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:26 PM   #1573
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

THROW LONUS STARUS GIRIUS TO THE ROCKUS

If she sees that she is going to bungie without a cord, she may talk.

I vote to jail Coffeus Warlordus as he apparently knows Saldana is good from his post stating he made a mistake. Makes no sense that he would state that unless he knows. Without a scan he would have to be a Tarq to know that.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:27 PM   #1574
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

As a RL note, I will be involved with a disaster recovery exercise with my job tomorrow. It starts at like 6 AM and runs until god knows when so, I very much doubt I will be posting until night time.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:30 PM   #1575
Ironhead
College Prospect

Just got back. I would like to state the obvious.

The game is turning into one big clusterfuck for the village.

That is all (time to do some analysis).
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:31 PM   #1576
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Took me 24 hours and my head was spinning but, I think I'm finally into the game. Hard game to get thrust into the middle of...
Old 04-12-2007, 10:35 PM   #1577
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm done throwing innocent quiet people off the rock. We have succeeded in stealing much of Lonestarus Girlus's money, and that's good enough for me. I want to arrest someone who's actually a traitor tomorrow.

VOTE TO FREE LONESTARUS GIRLUS

I'm going to wait to see what becomes clearer before I suggest my arrests. There sure are plenty of suspects this time.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:35 PM   #1578
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Yeah Mustang, this game is pretty obscure. It is very difficult to determine what we can do, even at this point in the game.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:37 PM   #1579
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'm done throwing innocent quiet people off the rock. We have succeeded in stealing much of Lonestarus Girlus's money, and that's good enough for me. I want to arrest someone who's actually a traitor tomorrow.

VOTE TO FREE LONESTARUS GIRLUS

I'm going to wait to see what becomes clearer before I suggest my arrests. There sure are plenty of suspects this time.

Of the people who have died, who have we confirmed as either Republican or Tarq?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:38 PM   #1580
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Of the people who have died, who have we confirmed as either Republican or Tarq?

Everyone is Republican as far as I can determine. I'd hope that if they were a Tarq, they would have been revealed to be as such.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:39 PM   #1581
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

So, going to suggest arrests 5 days from now?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:40 PM   #1582
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Everyone is Republican as far as I can determine. I'd hope that if they were a Tarq, they would have been revealed to be as such.

We don't get a faction reveal upon death. We have to use game mechanics to figure it out. As far as I know, we do not know what Saldana's faction was.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:41 PM   #1583
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
We don't get a faction reveal upon death. We have to use game mechanics to figure it out. As far as I know, we do not know what Saldana's faction was.

ooof...

That I didn't know.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:43 PM   #1584
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Bulletus and Imust were confirmed to be loyal. The two poison deaths are presumably loyal since as far as we know only traitors can use poison. The two sword deaths are not confirmed, but Alanus Teeus had been scanned and seems 99% likely to have been loyal.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:47 PM   #1585
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Bulletus and Imust were confirmed to be loyal. The two poison deaths are presumably loyal since as far as we know only traitors can use poison. The two sword deaths are not confirmed, but Alanus Teeus had been scanned and seems 99% likely to have been loyal.

AE validated Imus the crewus.

How does the lawyer thing work. Do they get a definate faction scan? At one point Dodgerus Erchicus stated she scanned Alanus with a lawyer, I believe AE and he said that he did not know the outcome. But now he knows the outcome of Imus. How does it work?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:48 PM   #1586
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Yeah, there was a mistake in communication, not on my part. I tried to correct it immediately, but was unable to. So I have no freaking idea what happened.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:51 PM   #1587
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
THROW LONUS STARUS GIRIUS TO THE ROCKUS

If she sees that she is going to bungie without a cord, she may talk.

I vote to jail Coffeus Warlordus as he apparently knows Saldana is good from his post stating he made a mistake. Makes no sense that he would state that unless he knows. Without a scan he would have to be a Tarq to know that.

Read a few posts down. I was under the impression either the lawyers immediately knew someone was a Tarq when they died, or we were automatically told.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:51 PM   #1588
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Yeah, there was a mistake in communication, not on my part. I tried to correct it immediately, but was unable to. So I have no freaking idea what happened.

I think I speak for all when I say..

Maaaa-huh?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:55 PM   #1589
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Read a few posts down. I was under the impression either the lawyers immediately knew someone was a Tarq when they died, or we were automatically told.

The story we've been told was corroborated between Ardentus and Swaggus, and so I trust it.

Supposedly the lawyers receive a PM after an execution telling them whether the person was loyal or not.

As far as I know they only receive this notice for executions, but I've never inquired about that.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:58 PM   #1590
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

If this was just a result of a mix-up in names on PM I'm going to be tempted to fall on my own sword. And it's not even sharpened.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:59 PM   #1591
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Can you explain why you think Neon is a bad guy? You mentioned it earlier and again now.

Well I guess his overall inactivity for starters, with only 13 posts only LSG has fewer posts. Also, when he does post, he tends to pop in and do strange things, like popping in after extensive inactivity to vote to free ITC without any explanation.

Frankly, though, it's difficult to tell who's a traitor and who's just not very involved in the game.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:11 PM   #1592
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If this was just a result of a mix-up in names on PM I'm going to be tempted to fall on my own sword. And it's not even sharpened.

Why wouldn't Cronin just address it then instead of Pass? Not sure why Pass would have to correct it?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:17 PM   #1593
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I'll wait until morning to see. St.Cronin is gone I believe, having said he'll finish lawsuits in the morning.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:19 PM   #1594
Tyrith
College Starter

For the record, I sent my day 2 horse message to BK, who was apparently prevented from sending a reply because of his RL problem. GRR.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:38 PM   #1595
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
For the record, I sent my day 2 horse message to BK, who was apparently prevented from sending a reply because of his RL problem. GRR.

Seriously, you have to be online at end of day to participate?
Old 04-13-2007, 01:50 AM   #1596
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Seriously, you have to be online at end of day to participate?

If you're intending to do stuff then, then it helps if your internet performs as expected.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:07 AM   #1597
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Second best lawyer in town.

Thanks to the guy who sent me the ho's last night. They were scrumptious.

How dare these people acuse me of being a traitor!?

I have always been loyal to the Senate, and I have always been proud to be a part of the Republic! And that alone should be enough to plead for my innocence!

As for my lawyer role...

No pm about ITC being good or not, just the PM about the sex slaves being sent to me.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:09 AM   #1598
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Back from a parent meeting at my son's kindergarden.

Seems to be another seriously sub-par performance by the villagers and I have to take my share of the blame. I was trying to attract a kill attempt yesterday so I put the bodyguard on myself, hoping to catch someone. I feel particularly bad because I was initially going to protect Schmidty. I'm afraid my ego could have cost us the game so I'm really sorry. I'll try to make up for it now but I feel really doubtful of our chances at the moment. The wolves seem to be playing with us at the moment.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:10 AM   #1599
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Hey there Chief Rum. How's it hanging? I see you're lurking.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:19 AM   #1600
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I would imagine he's reading the thread rather than lurking.

CR let's make a big effort to coordinate our efforts here. I'm pretty certain that I'm going to be able to be around close to the deadline tomorrow but family stuff might get in the way. So I'll be making an arrest order before I disappear today (Friday ) I'll say what that arrest order is but I would like you to state who you are arresting in case I want to change the arrest tomorrow. Does that work?
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote