Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-22-2010, 10:18 AM   #1551
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Two early access beta keys to Vindictus.

Free to play action based MMO. Surprised that this is actually fun... Anyway, free keys for anyone interested.

"Blood spurts from enemies, right where your twin blades sliced. Enemies fall, only to become corpses you can hoist and brandish as sadistic weapons. Watch as walls crumble and whole buildings topple, providing you with new toys in the battlefield. With Source Engine physics and destructible, interactive environments, Vindictus redefines everything you thought you knew about "free-to-play."

957B418A57A642458673

C1A6AB7D652F4D3CB979
Old 09-22-2010, 10:19 AM   #1552
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Did anyone else read this as "not till the stable of titties gets a bit bigger"?

Yep! haha
Old 09-22-2010, 08:34 PM   #1553
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Anybody else seen the gameplay trailer for Bioshock: Infinite?

Thoughts?

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-22-2010 at 08:35 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:56 PM   #1554
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Anybody else seen the gameplay trailer for Bioshock: Infinite?

Thoughts?
Looks good. I sort of wish this was the route they went with Bioshock 2. They did such a good job creating a world in the first one that I'm excited to see all the nuances they create here. Hopefully get some new plasmids and wrinkles in gameplay.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #1555
RainMaker
General Manager

Has anyone heard any news on FIFA 11? I'm seeing advertisements for it but really haven't heard anything about improvements to Manager Mode at all.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:31 AM   #1556
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Has anyone heard any news on FIFA 11? I'm seeing advertisements for it but really haven't heard anything about improvements to Manager Mode at all.

for starters they merged "be-a-pro" and manager mode into one career mode (you can choose to either start as a player,manager or player-manager)

here´s what i saved of it :

FIFA 11 NG; Manager Mode is changing...to Career Mode - EA News

FIFA 11 | Career Mode | EA SPORTS Football

there´s also aparently 2 blogs from the mode-designer on it, but the links won´t work from any source i tried and only push you to the FIFA mainpage, where i can´t find the blogs ... So if anyone figures it out please quote it in here ...

Latest Football News, Videos, Blogs & More | EA Sports Football

Latest Football News, Videos, Blogs & More | EA Sports Football

also, the PC version will NOT have that new mode but still independent modes from what i´ve read ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 09-26-2010 at 06:34 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #1557
SackAttack
Head Coach

NBA Elite 11 Delayed; NBA Jam To Ship Separately By Holidays

NBA Elite may or may not actually come out this year, which means NBA Jam is no longer a bonus-with-purchase.

Actually, the fact that they're separating it suggests to me they either have a different pack-in in mind for "Project $15" or whatever they call it, or else the game is DOA this year.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:48 PM   #1558
Groundhog
Coordinator

Man, I'm not surprised it's delayed given how horrible it looks. I would be surprised if it gets released at all. Looks like they really need to just work on it for another 6-9 months and release it as Elite 12.

Last edited by Groundhog : 09-27-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:57 AM   #1559
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
NBA Elite 11 Delayed; NBA Jam To Ship Separately By Holidays

NBA Elite may or may not actually come out this year, which means NBA Jam is no longer a bonus-with-purchase.

Actually, the fact that they're separating it suggests to me they either have a different pack-in in mind for "Project $15" or whatever they call it, or else the game is DOA this year.

They said they'll be updating rosters for Live 10 this year since Elite was delayed. That leads me to believe they're not expecting it to be released for this season.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:49 AM   #1560
whomario
Pro Starter

Wow, this should put 2k11 into "holy shit" regions as far as sales go, no ? Hope they use that extra cash getting in a few more developers for more areas next year

And also, i just wanted to mention that Heavy Rain is absolutely awesome. Yes, i know i´m late to that party but whatever ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 09-28-2010 at 02:50 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:06 AM   #1561
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Wow, this should put 2k11 into "holy shit" regions as far as sales go, no ? Hope they use that extra cash getting in a few more developers for more areas next year

And also, i just wanted to mention that Heavy Rain is absolutely awesome. Yes, i know i´m late to that party but whatever ...

is this game still only a ps3 game?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:56 AM   #1562
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
is this game still only a ps3 game?

yeah, PS3 only.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:57 AM   #1563
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
They said they'll be updating rosters for Live 10 this year since Elite was delayed. That leads me to believe they're not expecting it to be released for this season.

That is awesome news for 2k11!

Time to rake in some cash boys.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:58 AM   #1564
RainMaker
General Manager

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I have a bad feeling EA is going to push for an exclusive license from the NBA.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:15 AM   #1565
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Maybe I'm paranoid, but I have a bad feeling EA is going to push for an exclusive license from the NBA.

That would suck balls.

Just thinking about it is depressing.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:29 AM   #1566
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:

actually i´m pretty sure they´ll get fined by the NBA first for not meeting their end of the deal to, well, release a game and the NBA will be rightfully pissed off about this whole thing.

I really don´t see them handing out an exlcusive licence with the way 2K has built up steam the last few year, they aren´t the little underdog game played by the basketball-purists anymore but a game for the masses that last i looked sold almost twice as many copies as Live did last year (PC version not even factored in !) and increased their sales by around 60% both of the last years.

Maybe im starry-eyed here but I just don´t see the NBA overlooking such a massive discrepancy and opting for the quick cash here...

Last edited by whomario : 09-28-2010 at 05:30 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:27 AM   #1567
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
actually i´m pretty sure they´ll get fined by the NBA first for not meeting their end of the deal to, well, release a game and the NBA will be rightfully pissed off about this whole thing.

I really don´t see them handing out an exlcusive licence with the way 2K has built up steam the last few year, they aren´t the little underdog game played by the basketball-purists anymore but a game for the masses that last i looked sold almost twice as many copies as Live did last year (PC version not even factored in !) and increased their sales by around 60% both of the last years.

Maybe im starry-eyed here but I just don´t see the NBA overlooking such a massive discrepancy and opting for the quick cash here...

You obviously don't know David Stern...
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #1568
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

I watched a friend of mine play it and then played out one scene. I agree. It was a lot of fun. Very cool experience.

I just downloaded the latest Mass Effect 2 DLC "Shadow Broker". It's gotten some solid reviews. I am looking forward to jumping back into it.

I recently bought an old game, "Dominions 3", because I was annoyed at how bad "Elemental: War of Magic" turned out to be. It's definitely dated, but I'm enjoying it thus far. So much crazy variety.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:28 PM   #1569
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

If this is the death of EAsport then I am absolutely happy because they have ruined the sports gaming industry.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:32 PM   #1570
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

EA Sports MMA demo is out today as well.

Getting great reviews over on the OS forum so far.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #1571
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Some pretty good games put on the PS3 Greatest Hits list today.

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
MAG
Demon Souls
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift.

All four are worth the $30 price point. I'm sure they'll show up for $20 on some weekly deals pretty quickly.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #1572
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Some pretty good games put on the PS3 Greatest Hits list today.

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
MAG
Demon Souls
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift.

All four are worth the $30 price point. I'm sure they'll show up for $20 on some weekly deals pretty quickly.

Three out of four of those are games I consider worth a buy.

MAG I have an incredibly difficult time taking seriously, even at $30.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #1573
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

http://www.carpefulgur.com/

Talk about the little company that could.

Carpe Fulgur is a very small translation/video game company specializing in localization.

They brought over a game called "Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale", a weird combination of dungeon crawler and item shop simulation.

Basically, the game's heroine wakes up to find her dad's gone walkabout and left her a very large debt that means that she will lose her home, but the debt collection agent helps Recette try to pay off her debt by opening an item shop and selling to townsfolk and adventurers.. of course sometimes for those rare items that people want. you need to head into the nearby dungeons.. (and you have to hire adventures to do this for you, which is the dungeon crawl part of the game)..

The three people finally got the localization complete, and decide to release it. They know it's a long shot, but they have to hope that the game will sell. They say that they know it's a pipe dream, and basically, they can't make a living doing this unless they sell 20,000 copies of the game. But, they can't resist giving it a try.

Today, they announced that they had sold 26,000+ copies in the first month the game was out. That was more than the game had sold in Japan, where it had been a pretty good seller. They're gobsmacked. I'm one of those 26,000+ sales. I love the game more than Civ V, if that can be believed.

It's nice to see that a good game doesn't require $100 million, or development staff of 200 to make, and that sometime the little guy wins.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #1574
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
http://www.carpefulgur.com/

Talk about the little company that could.

Carpe Fulgur is a very small translation/video game company specializing in localization.

They brought over a game called "Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale", a weird combination of dungeon crawler and item shop simulation.

Basically, the game's heroine wakes up to find her dad's gone walkabout and left her a very large debt that means that she will lose her home, but the debt collection agent helps Recette try to pay off her debt by opening an item shop and selling to townsfolk and adventurers.. of course sometimes for those rare items that people want. you need to head into the nearby dungeons.. (and you have to hire adventures to do this for you, which is the dungeon crawl part of the game)..

The three people finally got the localization complete, and decide to release it. They know it's a long shot, but they have to hope that the game will sell. They say that they know it's a pipe dream, and basically, they can't make a living doing this unless they sell 20,000 copies of the game. But, they can't resist giving it a try.

Today, they announced that they had sold 26,000+ copies in the first month the game was out. That was more than the game had sold in Japan, where it had been a pretty good seller. They're gobsmacked. I'm one of those 26,000+ sales. I love the game more than Civ V, if that can be believed.

It's nice to see that a good game doesn't require $100 million, or development staff of 200 to make, and that sometime the little guy wins.

Recettear is great.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #1575
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
EA Sports MMA demo is out today as well.

Getting great reviews over on the OS forum so far.
Not saying much. I think they ban you for saying negative things about EA games. I saw a lot of people getting banned in the Madden forums earlier for bringing up issues.

I'd be interested in seeing what some other sites/forums have to say.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:51 PM   #1576
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

LOL

It does seem a lot more...slow-paced and tactical than the button-mashing that is UFC...I can tell you that from the demo so far.

It's tough to un-learn yourself the UFC controls and familiarize yourself with these controls.

Subs are much more realistic and possible. I just guillotiened Lashley from the bottom with Overeem less than 2 minutes into a fight after he took me down. It's all about stamina and using your stamina effectively rather than button-mashing.

Also you have to be more...deliberate with your offense as your stamina goes down.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:54 PM   #1577
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

And hell - I just TKO'd Shields with Mayham. It's nice when you rock a guy...he still has a chance to defend himself as you rain down punches, instead of the "gray screen=death" thing in UFC.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:56 PM   #1578
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

WOW

Sweet. I just subbed Shields with a beautiful armbar. Not even sure how it started, it looked like I was on the bottom when I grabbed it and then I rolled into it full and stretched it.

Everything feels a lot more...organic in this game. Scrambles...front kicks, etc.

EA's expertise with motion-capture and fighting physics really comes off well IMO.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-28-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:05 AM   #1579
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

TRIANGLE CHOKE!!

Never managed to pull one of those off successfully in UFC

Love this freakin game so far.

Essentially there's two modes of subs. The first is joint-locks, where you have to carefully press the "attack" or defend button, in a rhythm where you don't burn out your stamina too fast in order to bend the joint and get the submission. You get a little "x-ray" type view of the joint under stress so you can see how close it is to snapping.

For chokes it's a "find the hot zone" type of rotating around while the person in the sub has to find the "safety zone". Both of which are always moving and your recticle gets smaller/larger as you get closer/further from submission.

I'm sure there's more written out there on the web about them. But basically to me, it's a lot less broken than UFC (at least on the subs front) because you can sub people at different points in a match. And I've already seen more types of subs than i ever did in UFC.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-29-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:09 AM   #1580
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oooh - just escaped a triangle with a slam and transitioned into an armbar.

if sub-battles are this much fun with non-sub fighters imma be in heaven
Old 09-29-2010, 12:14 AM   #1581
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

that was all on easy difficulty. on medium i just had a bunch of sub attempts blocked before they even started, so it's not unbalanced or anything
Old 09-29-2010, 12:17 AM   #1582
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i just gave up my back without enuf stamina and almost got caught in a RNC
Old 09-29-2010, 01:17 AM   #1583
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Nintendo had a press event for the 3DS that just ended in Japan. The new handheld will be released on February 26 in Japan and sometime in March for North America and Europe. It will cost 25,000 yen but a price was not mentioned for NA/EU.

25,000 yen is close to $300, I am interested in getting a 3DS but at that price it would have to have an amazing bunch of launch games for me to consider buying one.

Last edited by Big Fo : 09-29-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:37 AM   #1584
RainMaker
General Manager

So I picked up NCAA Football again. I have Dead Rising coming on Thursday, FIFA 11 coming on Friday. A new computer coming which will allow me to play Civilization V and the new FM in a month. Oh and of course NBA 2K11 and Fallout: New Vegas are preordered. I may not have a girlfriend for much longer.

Borderlands has some new DLC out and Red Dead Redemption has the same. Why can't they stagger this stuff better.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #1585
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Nintendo had a press event for the 3DS that just ended in Japan. The new handheld will be released on February 26 in Japan and sometime in March for North America and Europe. It will cost 25,000 yen but a price was not mentioned for NA/EU.

25,000 yen is close to $300, I am interested in getting a 3DS but at that price it would have to have an amazing bunch of launch games for me to consider buying one.

If they don't do, say, $250 at launch and then $200 by next Christmas, it might as well be DOA. Also, they need to embrace online like this generation like they haven't shown they are willing to yet. You're not just competing with an inept and smug Sony- you've got competition coming from all venues including the PS3-cannibalizing-your-old-super-successful-PS2 problem with the DS.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-29-2010 at 01:23 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:33 PM   #1586
samifan24
Pro Starter

I'm trying to decide between Fallout: New Vegas and NBA2K11 for the PS3. I can only buy one. I loved, loved, loved Fallout 3. I'm not a big hoops fan but NBA2K11 looks fantastic. The last 2K game I owned was NBA2K5. I also purchased NHL 11 recently so I have a sports game to keep me busy. Which game should I buy?
Old 09-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #1587
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I'm trying to decide between Fallout: New Vegas and NBA2K11 for the PS3. I can only buy one. I loved, loved, loved Fallout 3. I'm not a big hoops fan but NBA2K11 looks fantastic. The last 2K game I owned was NBA2K5. I also purchased NHL 11 recently so I have a sports game to keep me busy. Which game should I buy?

1. You loved Fallout 3.
2. You're not a big hoops fan.
3. You have NHL 11 to keep you busy.

I think you're answering your own question here.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #1588
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
1. You loved Fallout 3.
2. You're not a big hoops fan.
3. You have NHL 11 to keep you busy.

I think you're answering your own question here.

Hey just hoping some hoops can could convince me. I think 2K11 will be a fantastic game. I will probably pick it up as long as there aren't any showstopping bugs.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:12 PM   #1589
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I do think 2k11 is going to be the best NBA game in years. that said. You gotta decide if sports is the way you wanna go.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:36 PM   #1590
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Man, reading this headstart (Collector's Edition) review of FFXIV over on RPG.net, this sounds APB level bad..
Old 09-30-2010, 08:29 PM   #1591
RainMaker
General Manager

There is a point where a game has too many cutscenes, and Dead Rising 2 has hit that point for me. Half the game is loading or a cutscene, I just want to kill zombies.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #1592
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Man, reading this headstart (Collector's Edition) review of FFXIV over on RPG.net, this sounds APB level bad..

I have 2 friends that tried the open beta and they both lasted less than 30 minutes before uninstalling. They said on PC the controls and interface are obviously designed for a console. You either play with a controller/gamepad of some sort or don't even bother. Using keyboard and mouse is as frustrating an experience as you could imagine.

Both were incredibly excited to play and probably spent a couple hours each dealing with the website issues trying to get signed up for open beta when it started.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:34 PM   #1593
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

It was tough to decide whether to put in this thread or in the wrestling thread but ... while watching the Dead Rising 2 tips threads on XBL tonight, a random inspiration struck: Pro Wrestling Zombie game.

Zombie Scott Hall which basically is like his past 5-10 years.
Zombie Kevin Nash which move slightly faster than his real life counterpart.
Zombie Hulk Hogan, circa his spray-on tan years, which has a more natural skin tone.

The possibilities are almost endless, even if you remain well within the boundaries of good taste.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #1594
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Saw something this evening that had me scratching my head a little. This isn't about anybody's rankings or developers or whatever, it's more general than that.

Here's an article from IGN talking about how Reach finally passes MW2 as the most played XBL game as of the week of 9/20.

Here's a snippet of the top 10 (the article goes through 20)
Quote:
1. Halo: Reach
2. Modern Warfare 2
3. Halo 3
4. Call of Duty: WaW
5. FIFA Soccer 11 Demo
6. FIFA 10
7. Call of Duty 4 (Purchase the full game for direct download)
8. Madden NFL 11
9. GTA IV (Purchase the full game for direct download)
10. Red Dead Redemption

What caught my attention was WAW being at #4. At no point in months have I ever seen more than like 10k players at any given moment, other than zombies most of the playlists are in the double digit to triple digit range regardless of time of day or day of the week.

My puzzlement was basically along the lines of "if it's #4 and I know that there's hardly anyone playing it online no matter when I check then how few
people must be actually playing anything of the games down the list".

Just kinda shocked me.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #1595
MJ4H
Coordinator

I finished the main story portion of Metroid Other M yesterday. Wow. Easily the most I've ever gotten into a game. I think I just kept saying "wow, this game" over and over while playing it.

I am still quite literally baffled at any review less than 9 out of 10 for this game.

I give it an 11.

There is apparently more to do after the credits have rolled, but I haven't done any of it yet.

Last edited by MJ4H : 10-04-2010 at 04:57 PM.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #1596
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

$10 e-gift card from Walmart.com on preorders of Fallout: New Vegas.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #1597
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Well, my fun money is taken care of the next two checks....Fallout New Vegas in 2 weeks, then Fable III a couple weeks later. I still haven't picked up NCAA Football, but I might do that sometime in December. I'm loving Madden, and I'm probably not going to resist NCAA for much longer.

Last edited by ColtCrazy : 10-05-2010 at 06:39 PM.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #1598
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
$10 e-gift card from Walmart.com on preorders of Fallout: New Vegas.
Amazon has a $10 credit toward a future video game purchase on pre-orders.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #1599
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Neither website is offering that $10 credit/gift card with the PC version, weak.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:13 AM   #1600
stevew
Hall Of Famer

NBA Jam anyone?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote