Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-02-2006, 06:43 PM   #1601
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
If St. Cronin's role is as he says it is, I am glad we lynched bullet. He was useless.

aww dude, your so dead next game
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:35 PM   #1602
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

you see what you did fouts?
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:17 AM   #1603
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
you see what you did fouts?

I'd like to point out that any real seer would not be accusing anyone without scanning them first. Put up or shut up.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:19 AM   #1604
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Tanglewood said on day 1 that if the Emperor dies, Chaos wins. Now, whether the emperor dies if I can no longer feed him is an open question.

Right. My point was that I didn't think the whole game would hinge on your survival. From your description, you become a pretty obvious Chaos target (assuming you aren't Chaos yourself), so I don't believe just having them kill you would be enough to win. Killing you may help them on their goal to killing the emperor, but it has to be more complicated than just knocking you off.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:57 AM   #1605
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
CR and Grey are very suspicious after their vote manuevering last night. They act like they were saving bullet, when in fact, they were saving CR.

Better check your research before you spout off.

bullet was already pretty much on the block, with me and cronin behind him or at best tied with him when I voted. And bullet was already one up above even a tie, ironically, because of YOUR vote.

Grey and I had never communicated in this thread at all prior to that exchange where he asked me (publically, as you all saw) to help him save bullet because he knew he was good. But it was never an issue of saving me. I wasn't in danger when it came down to it. My original vote against bullet was, in fact, not to save me, but to move me out of range, an understandable survival move (as I mentioned at the time).

When it became clear that bullet was good and was about to die, I switched at Grey's request. And incidentally, he didn't even switch out his vote on me (as he said he would), so it as if I didn't vote to save myself at all.

The fact is, I wasn't in danger, bullet was. Grey and I made an effort to save him, because he was good. You killed him. And now that you have done your dirty work there, you want to kill me, too. Is grey on your list, too? Probably.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:20 AM   #1606
Fouts
College Starter

You were leading all day CR. I switched from grey to bullet because grey wasn't getting enough votes and figured it was a long shot that you were bad. Bullet and Grey were more suspicious to me.

Obviously I made a mistake. I should have let you guys pull the strings.

I don't care for the tone I am getting from you two. If you think I am insulting you guys, then I apologize. I am just playing a game.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:20 AM   #1607
Fouts
College Starter

You were leading all day CR. I switched from grey to bullet because grey wasn't getting enough votes and figured it was a long shot that you were bad. Bullet and Grey were more suspicious to me.

Obviously I made a mistake. I should have let you guys pull the strings.

I don't care for the tone I am getting from you two. If you think I am insulting you guys, then I apologize. I am just playing a game.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:42 AM   #1608
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm just playing a game, too, Fouts. I haven't felt one whit of anything personal. So if you think that I am or am showing that in tone, I apologize, too. That's not my intent.

That doesn't stop me from being extremely suspicious of you, though.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:50 AM   #1609
Fouts
College Starter

lol, ok. I'll shake on it, just not with your 3rd hand.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:30 AM   #1610
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
lol, ok. I'll shake on it, just not with your 3rd hand.

Heh, heh.

You know, what's really funny is that, odds are, we're both 100% loyal to the Emperor, and the members of Chaos are sitting back and laughing their butts off at us (and at st. cronin and at grey).

Old 09-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #1611
Swaggs
Coordinator

At the risk of standing up for someone who is currently a bit unpopular, I agree with Fouts on the fact that it certainly appeared that Chief Rum was on the hotseat for most of day 4.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:12 PM   #1612
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
At the risk of standing up for someone who is currently a bit unpopular, I agree with Fouts on the fact that it certainly appeared that Chief Rum was on the hotseat for most of day 4.

Oh, I actually don't disagree with that. I looked back at how things progressed that day, and I was on the block most of the day.

Fact was, though, voting and unvoting were going on all day, it seems, and by the time the final hour rolled around, I was no longer the top guy. Bullet had passed me, and st. cronin and grey were even with me.

I was a target for most of the day, but by the time I got home from work, there was no need for an effort to save me. I was already pretty safe. It was bullet who needed saving.

So people saying grey and I were doing what we did to save me aren't looking closely enough at the vote totals at the time we were voting. It's pretty clear we were making an attempt to save bullet.

Old 09-03-2006, 02:32 PM   #1613
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

It was all an attempt to save bullet. I figured Chief Rum would easily change his vote since he was tied for the lead at the time.

I have no string feelings towards Chief Rum either way since he's been rather quiet this game. He is kind of too under the radar for my liking, though he did go with me in trying to save bullet.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #1614
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It was all an attempt to save bullet. I figured Chief Rum would easily change his vote since he was tied for the lead at the time.

I have no string feelings towards Chief Rum either way since he's been rather quiet this game. He is kind of too under the radar for my liking, though he did go with me in trying to save bullet.

I'm too under the radar? You must have gone away since the vote. I have been nothing but completely above ground this weekend. And why? Well, duh, I'm not working (as I have insisted ad nauseum, when I work during the week, I can't post here).

I'm not "flying under the radar" as you say out of intent, but because I would get fired if I posted here.

Old 09-03-2006, 04:41 PM   #1615
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Right. My point was that I didn't think the whole game would hinge on your survival. From your description, you become a pretty obvious Chaos target (assuming you aren't Chaos yourself), so I don't believe just having them kill you would be enough to win. Killing you may help them on their goal to killing the emperor, but it has to be more complicated than just knocking you off.

I assume it is some sort of die roll - each day the emperor doesn't get fed, there's some chance he dies. Or something similiar to that.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 04:49 PM   #1616
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I assume it is some sort of die roll - each day the emperor doesn't get fed, there's some chance he dies. Or something similiar to that.

I was thinking it could be like a diseased player, where he dies in like three days.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:00 PM   #1617
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I was thinking it could be like a diseased player, where he dies in like three days.

That was my first thought, but, as I think kingfc put it, there is some uncertainty about what will happen. That matches up with what I was told, and seems to point to some sort of die roll or something. At any rate, I think I am definitely a target, probably second in line behind twothree.

knives out
Old 09-03-2006, 05:04 PM   #1618
Swaggs
Coordinator

Right... in either case, it is very important to keep you alive.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:09 PM   #1619
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Right... in either case, it is very important to keep you alive.

Thats what I was thinking, but Grey and CR think different. I think some people are thinking cronin is a mutant because path locked him up, I think that would be too obvious. Path wouldn't make that mistake.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:21 PM   #1620
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Thats what I was thinking, but Grey and CR think different. I think some people are thinking cronin is a mutant because path locked him up, I think that would be too obvious. Path wouldn't make that mistake.

Not to mention, that if we were both mutants, path would have locked himself up as well.

knives out
Old 09-03-2006, 09:01 PM   #1621
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

wow, not a lot of discussion before the night deadline
Old 09-03-2006, 09:18 PM   #1622
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
wow, not a lot of discussion before the night deadline

I'm sure we will see some action as soon as tanglewood posts an update and sends out PM's.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:51 PM   #1623
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Sorry guys, I can't process the night actions right now due to a real-life complication. I'll put them up in the morning instead. Hope this doesn't cause anyone any problems.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:51 PM   #1624
twothree
College Prospect

Thanks for informing us.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:54 PM   #1625
twothree
College Prospect

dola

Only 12 players remain before the night action. How many will survive the night?
Old 09-03-2006, 09:56 PM   #1626
Lorena
Unregistered

Hope everything's alright tanglewood.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:59 PM   #1627
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

anyone else think that the wolves are going to attack st. cronin tonight?
Old 09-03-2006, 10:01 PM   #1628
twothree
College Prospect

Yeah, I hope it's nothing serious.

Since, I believe the deadline has past for submitting our night actions, and only the write up is delayed. I will now reveal that I chose to scan AlanT. I needed to find out for myself, whether he is abnormal or normal.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:04 PM   #1629
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

dola, take all the time you need tanglewood
Old 09-03-2006, 10:06 PM   #1630
twothree
College Prospect

If you, AlanT, turn out to be a villager and we both survive the night, then I will finally have someone, again, who I can trust in this game.

But my gut feeling is that you are a mutant, AlanT.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:16 PM   #1631
st.cronin
General Manager

not a bad choice twothree

fwiw, I guess Saldana is the other mutant

knives out
Old 09-03-2006, 10:18 PM   #1632
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
not a bad choice twothree

fwiw, I guess Saldana is the other mutant

how did you come to that conclusion?
Old 09-03-2006, 10:24 PM   #1633
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
how did you come to that conclusion?

Just a guess. His strategy seems to be that of somebody who wants just enough suspicion on him during the day so the chaos skip over him at night. Which is how I would play were I a (non-psyker) mutant.

knives out
Old 09-03-2006, 10:29 PM   #1634
twothree
College Prospect

Though, it would be nice if AlanT turns out to be a villagers. Then I could believe in his nice non-chaos COT diagram. Granted he still would not be able to trust me.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:00 PM   #1635
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I chose to go a different route with my scan. I honestly don't think I buy St.cronin's story, and him saying for ALL seers to scan him, in fact begging them just smelled like a setup for me.

I thought about scanning Greyfooroo, but I obviously cant detect mutants which I think he is, so passed on him.

I thought about scanning twothree.. that is who I was going to scan.. but honestly, if he really is what he says he is and isn't just lying to us.. Either he or I -should- be the ones dead tonight. I honestly can't think of a reason why they wouldn't unless they really think there is enough suspicion to have people try to kill a seer without proof.

Instead, I decided to scan Fouts. I kind of bluffed a bit as far as how much I trusted him in hopes that he was a wolf he wouldnt think I would scan him. If he is good, then having a duke ability who you can trust, a tiebreaker you can trust is pretty big.

Either way twothree, I dont mind you scanning me. I'm not a mutant, am not a chaos, so I'll show up clean. If you are good, which I hope you are, then you'll have a bigger part in us catching mutants then I will. If you are bad then, us winning or losing this game might ride on my wise or poor scan choice last night.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:16 PM   #1636
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

My only defense that I am not a mutant is that path12 voted for me on day2. Otherwise I don't know how to prove that I am clean of the mutant stench.

I really don't want to divulge who I visited until I am sure no more night actions can be submitted.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:20 PM   #1637
st.cronin
General Manager

My night action was to hide under my bed. We'll soon see if it helped.

knives out
Old 09-03-2006, 11:22 PM   #1638
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My only defense that I am not a mutant is that path12 voted for me on day2. Otherwise I don't know how to prove that I am clean of the mutant stench.

I really don't want to divulge who I visited until I am sure no more night actions can be submitted.

For whatever its worth, I asked Tanglewood the day before when I posted my role reveal at 8:59 am if anything after 9am was accepted, and he told me no. The deadline time is the cut off regardless of when he processes them.

But either way no huge reason to say who you visited yet if you don't want. I doubt you'll be the night kill and I think many of us would like more information from you tommorrow.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:25 PM   #1639
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

If no more actions can be processed...

I'm visiting mustang. His non-confrontational play and the lack of suspicion on him has made me suspicious. I wanted to visit fouts but I figured someone else would.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:36 PM   #1640
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If no more actions can be processed...

I'm visiting mustang. His non-confrontational play and the lack of suspicion on him has made me suspicious. I wanted to visit fouts but I figured someone else would.

I actually figured no one would go to check on fouts. I figured some chaos folks might try to use that as ammunition after me tommorrow.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:37 PM   #1641
st.cronin
General Manager

I don't really get it, Alan. Shouldn't you be scanning the person you're MOST suspicious of? Isn't the idea to find a bad guy? Whether you trust Fouts or not, he's still got the tie-break. We'll see where your vote goes, but to start out suspicious of me, and then refuse to even TRY to verify my story seems to me poor play.

knives out
Old 09-03-2006, 11:38 PM   #1642
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

i wonder who kingfc is going to scan
Old 09-03-2006, 11:38 PM   #1643
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I guess my current gut instinct tells me St.cronin is bad, and he is trying to either make people suspicious of twothree by trying to link himself so tightly to him, to try to get us to go after him afterwards.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:41 PM   #1644
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

if st. cronin isn't dead in the morning i'll be kind of suspicious of him.

although on the other hand a chaos being in his role doesn't make a lot of sense
Old 09-03-2006, 11:42 PM   #1645
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't really get it, Alan. Shouldn't you be scanning the person you're MOST suspicious of? Isn't the idea to find a bad guy? Whether you trust Fouts or not, he's still got the tie-break. We'll see where your vote goes, but to start out suspicious of me, and then refuse to even TRY to verify my story seems to me poor play.

I honestly was going to until you said -all- people with seer abilities should scan you. Which seems like a huge waste of night actions. I had to ask myself, why would you want people to do that.. So I started to try to think of possible scenerios.. and came up with either you being a hidden wolf, and not showing up bad on scans, or some other plan.

To be honest, I still doubt I'll live through the night so its all moot.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:43 PM   #1646
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
if st. cronin isn't dead in the morning i'll be kind of suspicious of him.

although on the other hand a chaos being in his role doesn't make a lot of sense

I doubt St.cronin will be dead in the morning.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:50 PM   #1647
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I honestly was going to until you said -all- people with seer abilities should scan you. Which seems like a huge waste of night actions. I had to ask myself, why would you want people to do that.. So I started to try to think of possible scenerios.. and came up with either you being a hidden wolf, and not showing up bad on scans, or some other plan.

To be honest, I still doubt I'll live through the night so its all moot.

Once again, my defense:

- I'm a villager, with strong, useful participation - I strenuously objected to RealDeal's lynch, for one thing.
- I have a critical role (but no actions).
- I have been locked up EVERY night - so nobody has had the chance to scan me.
- I voted for Anxiety on DAY 1! and pointed out that path was playing a suspicious game.
- Despite all of which, somehow I am considered a suspect!

But most of all, I am the one player whose death, per tanglewood, could result in an early loss for the villagers. So lynching me without ANY evidence sounds like a GREAT idea.

knives out
Old 09-04-2006, 12:08 AM   #1648
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
- I voted for Anxiety on DAY 1!

You have brought this up several times. I don't see how anyone could trust someone based upon how they voted on day 1. No villager usually has any information on which to base a day 1 vote.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:11 AM   #1649
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree View Post
You have brought this up several times. I don't see how anyone could trust someone based upon how they voted on day 1. No villager usually has any information on which to base a day 1 vote.

Well that and its commonly a wolf plot to vote for another wolf early on to point at that as proof too.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:02 AM   #1650
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

wow, some of yall are telling everyone what your night moves are! this game is way to freindly. Bring back Blade!!!!
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote